APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Season of Recovery

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Season of Recovery on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:23 am

todosan

Hello from India. I am sitting in Hyatt Hotel in Mumbai, India. This is what is on my heart today in regards to what the Lord is saying to me. I thought I would share.

7:30am – 10:00pm est

Judah is the king.

Joseph is the kingdom.

1 Chron 5:1

It is all coming together. The plan of the ages is about to reach fruition. The goat has lost his field. The patron shall sit in judgment no more. Seek Me, for I seek a people who can stand in the day of slaughter, in that day of resurrection. For the day is the same, it only depends on where you stand. I am not angry, but I seek a people hewn from the Great Stone. The stone of the kingdom. Now, I will cause all that I have said to come to pass and soon those who have waited, those who have been hewn down, THESE will arise and be called holy, righteous, and true. Glory shall be upon them and they shall be my people and I shall be their God. Sacred and holy are these and theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.

2 Re: Season of Recovery on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:31 am

todosan

Something happened to me this week. I am not sure what it is. In the past, I have felt very emotional about this great country. It is hard to take. The poverty is so intense and the struggle is difficult. I have cried many times over what I have seen in India.

This week I traveled over 18 hours throughout the country. India is the only place in the world you could fart and no one would notice. Sorry, I was saving that analogy for just the right time. Anyways, we drove 4 hours yesterday through the most insane traffic I have ever witnessed. The Lord said to me, I have given this people greats grace to live this way. Indeed He has. We were snarled in traffic beyond belief and not one accident. Not one injury, and not one rule was followed. Wow.

My emotions have dried up. I am finding that I have no movement within. I am wondering today if this is the peace of God. I can see that God is sovereign over all the peoples of the earth. Amen.

3 Re: Season of Recovery on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:17 am

Thanks for sharing Todd.

4 Re: Season of Recovery on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:12 am

todosan

March 10, 2013

Hi gang, yesterday I traveled from India to the UAE. Interestingly, it was from one of the poorest countries to one of the richest countries in the world.

I can’t say I understand the reason for this yet, but my spirit is saying something is up. Something major is on the horizon. Last night I couldn’t sleep and so I got up to watch some You-tube. I did a search on sports cars.

One day when I was in college, I had to walk home from campus. It was a long ways, probably three to five miles. I walked by this car dealership and they had these new sports cars. There was this beautiful burgundy car there and I thought to myself, “When I graduate, I am going to buy one of those.” In my heart, I really really REALLY wanted a sports car. It was sort of an idol to me. Perhaps that is just part of being a young man, but I was obsessed with the idea.

In 2004, I bought a car that needed an engine. It was fairly cheap and affordable and I restored it over the period of several years. It was a cool twin turbo Mazda Gen3 RX7. FAST! I think that car saved my life. I was under a black depression and was traveling almost constantly to Asia. I struggled with being away and being very lonely on the road all the time. I would buy parts on the internet and ship them to the house and when I was home, I worked on the car.

After I got it done, I didn’t care anymore. It was out of my mind. I lost all desire for a sports car. God did this unusual thing. He gave me the desires of my heart only to find they were neither satisfying nor rewarding. I was watching these vids last night and the thought came to me again. These are neither satisfying nor do I care about sports cars.

It is weird. There is no movement within that could send me on another sports car chase. The pursuit of such things seems icky to me. It seems hollow and fading, as best as I can describe it. All things wear out over time and it seems that the joy of having something really cool like that would be passing. I have this desire for something permanent. Could that be Christ?

There is a huge transfer of wealth coming to the people of the Kingdom, but I am reminded that God does not add perfection to perversion. First, He crucifies the perversion, and then He fills with perfection. Christ was emptied of himself so that the works would be the works of the Father. I seriously am starting to understand that there was no movement within Him for fleshy worldly things. I do not think that temptation came to Christ and He fretted for hours over whether or not to commit a sin. No, it is not that. In Him there was no darkness. There was nothing for the sin to latch on to.

When temptation came, it could not find a place to sink its claws into. Because of His divine nature, the sin simply was a glancing blow that could not find its mark. When they attempted to kill him at the cliff, he brushed through the crowd. Death, the full grown measure of sin, had no power. Death and all its sisters, does not have the ability to take hold where there is no darkness. It wasn’t until the Father turned Christ over to be killed that death could have an impact. And even then, He had to become sin first for this to take place. Otherwise He would have just stayed on the cross for a very long time. Who knows, if Jesus had not become sin, would He be still walking around today. Probably so. Adam was not meant to die either.

But alas, the idea of a God-man walking around the earth for 2000 years while everyone else passes away is kind of weird. He had to die so that one man could become many men. In his death was the life of all mankind. It was a release.

But before this great virtue can be fully manifest in us, there also must be a death. A death that brings life. I do not believe overcoming is born in the essence of will, because our will cannot easily sustain a long battle. When we fight the battle of will, we often are just holding on by a few bloody fingernails hoping to sing the next chorus of “Send your fire” long enough and loud enough to calm our raging thoughts past the point of temptation. Can anyone relate?

I believe the blood of Jesus is powerful enough to remove not only the stain of sin, but the desire for sin. How else could we be transformed into His likeness? Perhaps God gave Jesus so much power that he was able to refuse sin? Perhaps he was better at forcing will over his own actions? Or perhaps the thought just never really entered his mind? Perhaps, peace reigned?

God is sending the reign. He is sending the reign-Man. Let me tell you what time it is… The Reign-Man is coming. I believe that is the word of the Lord for today. The Reign-Man is coming.

This experience of not having any movement within I think is a sign, for the Reign-Man must not contend with the desires of the flesh. He doesn’t reign in war, but in peace. Do you think anything with a brain actually challenges the Lord seated high above on His throne? I don’t think the subject ever comes up to that level. Why? Because He is in rest. When He reigns in us, we also enter the rest. That is really soothing to my soul.
So the blood of Jesus has delivered me from sports car idolatry. I have no interest and Dubai my friends is the land of unbelievable excess. You have never seen the likes of the wealth in this city. I was picked up from the airport in a $100,000 Audi. It felt nice, but I just couldn’t get excited about it. I always wanted to ride in such a luxury car, but now that it has happened, I am disappointed. All I can think about is home, and feeling around for Jesus in the dark. Where is my God? When Moses came to the end of himself, I think he asked, “Show me your Glory.”

I started to pray this, but I didn’t mean it. I kept praying and kept asking it over and over. I felt a twinge of something. Yes, this is what I have been looking for all my life. Show me your Glory. I think this is His son in us. It is the Son reigning on the throne of our hearts in peace.
Heb 1:2 has in these last days spoken to us by Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high…

5 Season of Recovery on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:45 pm

Hibbs

Todd;
You mentioned that this season would mark a resurrection...the old has died and what was so important is no longer so. I believe that those that have been going through the "shadow of death" are coming out into the light of this new day. It is a wide place that has narrow confines....great freedom within the restriction of the will of God. The difference is that we no longer chafe at the bit but welcome it. It is indeed His Glory that we seek.

Elwin Roach has been writing a series (of 3) on "The Watchers" which followed "The Treasures of Darkness". That peace and quiet that you mentioned within almost seems like a dead place. There are so many things that once held our interest and now we find land with a thud...but oh how we long for the Glory. Elwin had recently received two emails. The first said: "The water has broken." The second was: "The time is short." The day before I was handed a copy of Jonathan Cahn's book The Harbinger and was reading it with some interest. My wife asked me what a "harbinger" was and I told her it was a sign of change or announcement of a change of season and that it was a precursor of something imminent. I mentioned that the classic harbinger in Michigan is when you see the robin return, it is a sign that spring has come. Yesterday, we met with some friends and they had seen four robins in their yard that day.
It was great to see your posts...Jeremy had mentioned that you were in India and had written. I just wanted to say that there is such a strong sense within of impending change...good for those who have been going through incredible testing and challenges to their health, finances, reputation, family, emotions and thoughts, etc. and are reaching that place of rest that almost seems like death. It is not a revival that we seek but truly a resurrection and there were several aspects of the book that triggered a confidence that "though the earth be removed..." from Psalm 46 (which was suggested at the leading of the Holy Spirit while we were together yesterday) and though the world economy and the strength of the US are in jeopardy...that it is only the sound of mystery Babylon beginning to topple and the time for the manifestation of the Sons of God to appear.
While many are looking for the US to be rebuilt, it seems from some of the points made in The Harbinger that a different scenario is afoot. Jonathan Cahn pointed out at the end of the book that George Washington consecrated our nation....not from Washington DC but rather from the land in front of a little stone church named St. Paul's in NY City. That church has been turned from its original position but directly behind that church (what formerly was the land in front of the church where the dedication was made) sits land that is now known as "Ground Zero".
The significant thing to me was that Washington used words parallel to the same words used by a king named Solomon when he consecrated and dedicated the temple in Jerusalem. God had provided for that temple to be erected and Jesus prophecied that it would be laid low with not one stone left upon another. When we see that the World Trade Center was situated upon the ground of another nation raised up by God as a sign in the earth and left not one stone upon another (and that it was all destroyed from the sin within) we can see that the time has come for a new kingdom to arise....the kingdoms of this world are becoming the kingdom of God and His Christ.
I wrote a synopsis of the book and will copy and paste into the next post...easily skipped for those that are not interested but it seemed that there were enough confirmations of what you are sensing (not to mention the strong witness within) that I thought to send it along.

6 Season of Recovery on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:50 pm

Hibbs

THE HARBINGER
Jonathan Cahn wrote a NY Best Seller, The Harbinger in 2011. In allegory (parable) it addresses the World Trade Center and 911 in relation to Isaiah 9:8-10:
Isa 9:8 The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel.
Isa 9:9 And all the people shall know, even Ephraim and the inhabitant of Samaria, that say in the pride and stoutness of heart,
Isa 9:10 The bricks are fallen down, but we will build with hewn stones: the sycamores are cut down, but we will change them into cedars.
Isa 9:11 Therefore the LORD shall set up the adversaries of Rezin against him, and join his enemies together;
Isa 9:12 The Syrians before, and the Philistines behind; and they shall devour Israel with open mouth. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
Isa 9:13 For the people turneth not unto him that smiteth them, neither do they seek the LORD of hosts.

The word “Harbinger” means:
“forerunner, foretoken, herald, messenger, omen, portent, precursor, sign, signal”
and is an announcement of an impending change. The point of the book was to show (allegorically) how there were 9 “harbingers” associated with 911 that spoke of impending judgment upon America (and with it the whole world). While a good book, it does not go behind the apparent cause to address the underlying problem (although it does acknowledge that arrogance of heart was the problem in ancient times and is still the problem today.) In any event, rather than read the entire book, a brief synopsis should suffice to make the point, at least to those who are not totally blind. It also helps to keep things in perspective when you realize that God pays great attention to detail and confirms His word in many ways. 911 is the emergency number to call on your phone when in danger and is universally recognized. Why is it that we fail to see that 911 was a wake up call and warning of impending danger (harbinger) just by itself? When you add the other details, it is so obvious that even a child should see. But, as throughout history the people loved the lie rather than the truth and were all of their lives in bondage….the same remains true today.
The obvious story for the “church” is that 911 was a consequence of spiritual apathy and the horror of abortion. While true in part, the greater truth is that the real problem is within the heart of the church itself. Consider 2 Chronicles 7:14:
“2Ch 7:13 If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;
2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

The more significant fact of 911 is still hidden from view in most of the land and most of the church. 911 was not an outside attack upon our land so much as destruction from within. It was not the Arab terrorists that were the real cause so much as it was the hidden government, the rulers of “mystery Babylon” and the combination of members of our own government, CIA, MI5, Mossad and the ruling elite. A “false flag” attack (see Operation Northwoods memo on Google) it was designed to provide an excuse to go to war in the middle east and to erode personal liberties in the middle class in America (see the Patriot Act that had been drafted in advance of 911….at least partially) and to set the stage for further theft of money and power in the hands of the “elite”…call them illuminati, committee of 300, IMF, CFR, Bilderbergers, or whatever…but those with an agenda for a New World Order and a one world government.

As an aside, it should be noted that God has a plan for a “One World Government” and it is ruled on the shoulders of Jesus Christ. That in itself is subject to a whole paper. Be that as it may, the counterfeit of God’s plan is the one that is currently in operation and seeking to reach culmination. Even as the Tower of Babel…they think that nothing will be restrained from them but they are about to reap the confusion of all of the lies that they have perpetrated upon humanity. There is a Harbinger of change….even as Obama campaigned on a platform of “change” and God has the last word on what that change will look like. We also have a decision to make as to whether we will continue on our merry way to destruction and judgment or whether we become change agents in the earth through our own repentance. One thing is certain….CHANGE…REAL CHANGE…is in the air and has been announced in the heavenlies.

When people use their liberty as an excuse for sin, Apostle Paul said: “God forbid.” We have lost sight of the fact that indeed…God did forbid …and the consequence of misusing our freedom is that we lose that freedom and find ourselves in bondage. Mr. Cahn’s book involves the fact that Israel of old (the northern kingdom of the ten tribes lead by Ephraim) ignored the warnings and boasted that they would rebuild, not realizing that it was God that “gives our enemies charge over us” when we turn from God. He examines the proclamations and words that were pronounced at that time in relation to what was spoken following 911. Our government leaders took those exact same words and declared them again and the various chapters of the book examine the parallels in detail and how the warning was misread and misunderstood by the leaders and the people of the nation.

On another side note, an interesting study involves who and what the nation of Israel represents. Just like the story of who brought down the Trade Center (and building 7 of which so little is reported or even recognized), we think that “Israel” is that nation situated in the middle east in an area called Palestine. Judah was never given the right to the name of “Israel”. If you understand your bible at all, you know that “Israel” was the name given to Jacob by God after he wrestled with the angel of the Lord and had his hip put out of joint. As he was passing, Israel (Jacob) prophesied over his children (representing now the 12 tribes after you take out Dan and Levi and add in Ephraim and Manasseh, Joseph’s sons) and gave the name “Israel” and its heritage to Ephraim. The divided kingdom (that was only united under David) consisted of the ten tribes of the north called “Israel” with the capital at Samaria and the southern kingdom of “Judah” consisting of Judah and Benjamin with its capital at Jerusalem. After the Babylonian captivity, the northern kingdom dispersed and became “lost” while Judah remained for awhile and then was taken up into the north where it merged with the Edomites whom they captured and forced to become Jews. Edomites were the offspring of Esau and you will not doubt recall how Jacob connived to steal the birthright and the blessing. When “Esau” (now merged into Judah) came down out of the north and took the area of Palestine in 1947-8, they decided to call themselves “Israel”. They have had a season to rectify the wrong that was done (sown???) when Jacob/Israel impersonated Esau and it is fast becoming time for the real “Israel” of God to appear. The ten tribes of the northern kingdom were dispersed through the Caucusus mountains and became known as Caucasians. Migrating through Europe and the islands of Great Britain, and others, many were of the heritage that came to America. While it is important to keep in mind that it is our spiritual heritage that is the most important, it should also be recognized that the heritage and authority claimed by the current nation of Israel is the result of deception and idolatry. (For further study, there are many books that address this issue, including Struggle for the Birthright by Stephen Jones which can be found online.)

Returning to Mr. Cahn’s book, he uses the symbol of “seals” that were provided to our intrepid reporter by a mysterious man in a long, dark coat who would appear and reveal the secrets of the seals and the harbingers that they represent. The source of the damage to the “towers” is related to the Assyrians from a land now known as Iraq who were (according to the book) the first “terrorists”. We then travel with our reporter through historical settings and museums to reconstruct the context of the first incident in Isaiah when the people ignored the warnings of the prophet and defied God in the process and how so many of those details parallel the response of our own leaders and country in the face of 911. “We will rebuild…etc.” the very words from the Bible were proclaimed in NY and Washington DC….after all are we not the greatest nation on Earth??? Do we not sing “God Bless America” and He does??? Do we not have the strongest economy? Did we not defeat Hitler? And on and on and on….the few, the proud the strong….Don’t Tread on Me….One Nation, Under God….etc. etc.

To further confirm the observation, the leaders in NY go to the Adirondack mountains and cut a 20 ton granite “cornerstone” which they then placed with much hoopla at ground zero and named it the freedom stone. It was to be the beginning of the Freedom Tower that was going to be built in “defiance” of our enemies and was going to be bigger and taller and of stronger materials than the original so as to defy the threats of terror from our enemy….not realizing of course that we were actually opposing God and defying Him. Cahn next points out that the “Freedom Stone” was later removed as there has been much disagreement and difficulty in trying to rebuild. Kind of echoes the “stone that the builders rejected”….

Next, he looks at a sycamore tree that was destroyed on 911 on a grassy area next to the buildings and how that sycamore was replaced by an evergreen of the cedar family…another part of the verses in Isaiah. He then goes to another “harbinger” associated with “Samaria” the capital of the northern kingdom of Israel, to find a proclamation. He goes to Lincoln’s second inaugural address and how it was proclaimed that “The almighty has His own purposes….
concluding that the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.” Looking for “utterances” and “proclamations” and a prophetic word from the capital and the leaders of Washington, NY city and Albany; there is no shortage of declarations combining the cedars, bricks, towers, defiance, etc. to demonstrate the parallels to ancient Israel and America today.

We then see the principal of “two witnesses” and that the Lord confirms His word by two or three witnesses. Looking at the verses where the Lord says that He will break down the wall, we then examine the fall of the economy and the damage of Wall Street as another sign. The carnage of 2008 damaged the entire world economy. The book treats it as a judgment of God but does not examine the cracks that were in the wall from the beginning or the fact that the wall was built on the wrong foundation. Initially formed as the “Buttonwood Association” which morphed into the NY Stock Exchange, it was formed under a tree of the sycamore family. Cahn relates it back to Israel and the sycamore. I think it would be better related to the Bohemian Grove and how so much idolatry surrounded the “green tree” and the oak groves. There were two trees in the garden and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil….well, you know the story. Cahn goes on to relate 2008 to a judgment associated with “shemitah” and the sabbath or 7th. It would be better understood if he saw that the law of the Sabbath has been violated for so long that the land will no longer produce…but he interprets it as a further sign.

Next, we see the inaugural address and Obama again declaring: “we will rebuild.” All of the major media outlets from the NY Times to Al Jazeera all take the same language and it resounds throughout the world as a mighty declaration echoing Is 9:10. We then travel to Battery Park in NY city and learn that the United States officially inaugurated its first president in 1789 and that the first capital was NY City….not Washington. As George Washington knelt, he proclaimed words parallel to the dedication of the temple made by Solomon in Israel so many years before…even more significant to his discussion are some facts not known. St. Paul’s chapel was covered with the dust and debris of 911 because the land that was in front of the chapel in the days of that first inauguration and consecration are the lands now known as “Ground Zero”!!! America was consecrated on that site and now (even as the temple in Jerusalem was brought low) its symbol of world financial power has been brought low. There is only one King and One Lord and His Kingdom shall be established.

America the great is falling…is falling. Babylon the great….that worldwide mystery of hidden government, controlled by money….is falling even as we speak and oh how great the fall of it.

[center]

7 Re: Season of Recovery on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:46 pm

todosan

Hello from Dubai, God bless you all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Saints from far away know that the hour of your triumph shall come and that the Lord is not slow or lack in fulfilling His promise.

There are so many voices. All are seeing something or some facet of the time we are in. Many good insightful people are speaking today and with the art of patience; we can connect many dots to gain a better perspective on what it is that is unfolding.

Not all things in the spirit have words that can describe them. Often it is the unspoken things that are greater. In WW2 the planes that returned to England had many holes in the wings. The mechanics determined to reinforce the wings with armor to protect the planes, but this proved to be unsuccessful. What they did not realize at first was that the planes that were damaged in the wings only were at much less at risk of being shot down. They actually returned home. What never returned were the planes that were shot in the body. They learned to place the armor where no holes were observed. Get it? It is what that wasn’t seen that was the clue to protecting the pilots and crew.

Likewise, the greater message in our day is not merely interpreting the signs or harbingers. That is very cool and I have done this for many many years. But when God is not speaking. Where there is no message. When your life is mired in the muck. When there is no deliverance in sight. Ah, the greatest works of God are completed. This I have not yet mastered.

I have seen the signs for a long time. People think I am crazy for proclaiming the fall of the money system and placing so much emphasis on it. I have said it now at work for three years. Today, the system is openly crashing. It is coming down hard and there are countless confirmations on what is happening. There are arrests at every level of world government. The US is preparing for civil war. The people are taking refuge like not other time. They store food, gold, silver, guns, ammo, water…. You name it. All that is good I suppose, but none of it can bring about the change within the soul of man that needs to take place for the reconciliation to come. That is the thing that seems to remain hidden.

As I look at all the prophetic words, they are observation. They are interpretations, but prophecy is the testimony of Jesus Christ. The glory of God expressed in the Son. The glory of the natural heavens in the sun. The crux of the matter is that glory will be revealed in us, which is the indwelling of the Son. The prophetic utterance that I do not see is the one that is difficult to proclaim. It is time that the Son manifest in the sons.

The lack of any virtue within our black hearts is a clear sign. Like the missing holes in the fuselage, the lack of a spiritual context is yet another context in and of itself.
Phil2
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
I think the word “therefore” in verse 9 is earth shattering. THEREFORE, because these other things happened first, GOD did the following….

We know that the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdom of our Lord and His Christ. But Christ is NOT returning as Judah with the mere scepter in His hand. He is returning as the many membered Jospeh with the birthright as His commission. To prepare for this mission, the subjects would merely follow after His example. Making yourself nothing, being a servant one to another, humbling yourself and acknowledging that all things come from God. Being obedient, even unto death. To die physically would be easier. This is the removal of selfish ambitions and the propensity to usurp God’s authority in your life and in the life of others. Without this humbling action first, you would merely keep trying to be God.

THEN comes the rest of the story. God gives you a name. You might say, Whoa there Todd, this verse is about Jesus not us. Really?

Rev 2:17 To the one who is victorious, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give that person a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to the one who receives it.

The world will acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord through the many brethren that are raised in his calling and in His likeness. They are given a new name, just as He was given a name above all power and authority.

You have to make a decision. Is the evil going to overwhelm, or are you going to overcome? The evil has a purpose, and if we believe that, then good is coming and will overcome evil… God is not slow to respond nor is he ever late.

God bless..

8 Season of Recovery on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:12 pm

Hibbs

Amen and amen...
Recently in conversation with some very seasoned saints who have heard the message of the kingdom for many years, we were talking about the fact that many are now speaking the words of the kingdom and at least hearing the message of tabernacles, third day, manifestation of the sons, etc. They were saying how blessed they were since so few ever spoke this way in years past but it became clear as we talked that they did not recognize the distinctive of the qualifications to become those manifested sons. Hearing a word or agreeing with the word, does not produce the reality of that word anymore than two agreeing to agree (unless those two are the Spirit and the Word) will move the hand of God and result in a miracle.
God has determined that there is only one way into that that we are seeing and that way bears a very visible sign....not the many signs that we love to interpret (even though they may have some value) but rather the sign of the cross and the very smell of death (ala Lazarus's "by now he stinketh"). This will not be the work of some great revivalist or religionist filled with exegetical, eschatological, philosophical wisdom in the mind or soul; but rather it will be a demonstration of the power of the resurrection.
Jesus entered in through the veil of his flesh...torn upon the cross and torn in the temple upon His death. So too, the veil of our flesh must be torn in order for us to enter in to that that we have seen when the spies returned with the message of it is a great land, full of the promises of God. It is a rest from our labors because it is no longer we that live but rather the Christ of God and it is nothing of which we can boast for we have truly partaken of death in order to now partake of the life of the ages.
As Gideon observed the disqualification of first 22,000 then 9,700 until finally only 300 remained, the challenge and test of the cross is the final hurdle and only a few are willing. We will only be able to recognize those stones to which we are being connected because they were not only quarried and formed into a temple, they were left as burned stones, not one upon another, when the Master decided to build the temple that only He can construct. We have so many times tried to "assemble ourselves together" only to come apart over some "little fox" or doctrinal issue or matter of control (who can sit upon your right hand and left?) that reveals the hidden jealousy in the heart of man that God has said is only wicked continually. It is only after we have lost our life that we can stand at the door and have the awl pierce our ears to declare that we are bondslaves of the most High and no longer our own.
When they crossed over into the promised land, the Jordan was at flood stage and there was another flood spewing forth in Revelation when the dragon opposed the manchild. Time and time again (and even nature declares this principal of God) death and resurrection are shown to be kingdom laws and there will be no entry any other way. Faith is good...it is the substance of things hoped for....but not the very thing itself. That that we could not see in the light of our own vision...the things that are not seen...are being revealed in the darkness of the day (the day will declare it) and only the blind are qualified to have their eyes opened to the reality of this realm. As with so many things of God, paradox is the order of the day.
Soulish emotion is not the same as the disturbing of the water at Bethesda (a type of the moving of the Spirit that took place whenever we see Jesus "moved with compassion"). We have come to realize that Jesus did not respond to need and purposely delayed his coming to Lazarus (for our sakes???) because He was not demonstrating that He was the healer, but rather the resurrection and the life. It is as we see and understand that "all things work together to those that love God and are called according to HIS purpose" that we can allow Lazarus and the many things that are dying to fall and not rescue the drowning man before its time.
He has been allowing us all to flounder and struggle instead of submit to our captors but even as Jacob finally ran out of strength and became Israel, we float in a dream world where we are under the waves and yet not struggling to breath. A strange place...we have ceased from our labors and wait as Jonah to come forth from the sea.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum