APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tape 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tape 3 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:03 pm

cross-eyed

Quick Recap
We’ve been studying on the mystery of Christ and our foundational text is coming from Colossians 1 where it says

26Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Message Translation
27 The mystery in a nutshell is just this: Christ is in you, so therefore you can look forward to sharing in God's glory

I want to just touch briefly on some of the things we talked about in the last session that I think is very, very important. First of all, that we understand our identification with Christ. That the death of Jesus, the burial, the resurrection of Jesus, all of those things were not just something that he did on our behalf. But if we understand the way the Paul frames these experiences then we know that we were in him when that occurred.

A Covenantal Relationship
I know that may be a stretch for a lot of people because we tend to think of that being an event that happened 2,000 years ago when he was crucified and we don’t see the power of identification. And we have gone to great lengths up to this point, to go through the Old Testament and take several different examples and show you how God, when he sees through principles of covenant. Because you’ve heard us talk about before that whenever a covenant was made, it always took two representatives.

And whatever happened in those representatives, also happened to all that they represented, those that they presented themselves on behalf of. We talked about identification which brings us into our identity, and then without this sounding like some pun, we know that it also helps us to understand that what happens to him is identical to our experience. Remember in 1 Corinthians we talked about how where Paul says, where we are joined with Christ, we don’t become two spirits, but we are one spirit with him.

Defining Righteousness
Now he’s talking about us being joined with Christ, he’s talking about what happens to us when we’re born again so that whatever is true of him, is true of you. And what we want to talk about has to do with righteousness because I think that this is one of the most misunderstood areas of teaching that I can think of. Usually when you hear the word righteousness, we immediately fall back into the thinking that in order to be right, you have to do right

Some of these things you will hear me repeat over and over on purpose. The reason being is because I feel that religion and wrong teaching, the combination of the two, has really stole so much from us that God intended for us to experience. I want to say again, that we have been taught intentionally or inadvertently, in order to be right, we have to do right. But really, it’s the reverse of that, in being right, you do right. Religion gives us a set of things and if you do this and this, and this, and do this . . .it’s an infinite list, then you’re right.

But that’s not the biblical definition of righteousness at all. So we have to already be renewed in the spirit of our mind to understand what the Bible has to say about it. At the risk of being repetitive we’re going into a passage of Scripture that we refer to almost every time so far, but then I want to progress into the last verse of this chapter of 2 Corinthians 5.

17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 18And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 20Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

It’s verse 21 that I want to pause with. I want to reread that and this time, read it very slowly and let your mind comprehend it for all it’s worth. FOR HE HATH MADE HIM TO BE SIN FOR US, who knew no sin; THAT WE MIGHT BE MADE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN HIM. We’re going to seek to define what righteousness is, and what it is not.

Is, Versus Isn’t
Quite often before you can understand in Scripture what something is, you have to understand what it is not. As we talk about righteous, I spoke to you before about the significance of Jesus when he comes to John the Baptist at the Jordan river. When John the Baptist sees Jesus and he walks in the river, the reason why he did that, when he stepped into the Jordan river, that he identified with who we are. the reason being is dealing with the fact that the Jordan river isn’t just any river, but it has a rich history of how it has it’s headwaters in a city ironically called Adam. We saw that in the book of Joshua.

Picture of a River From Adam
And that is a picture to us that everything that flowed out of Adam corrupted and contaminated us through a river of sin. So when Jesus stepped into the Jordan river to be baptized in it, he became who we were. He identified with who we were in everything that flowed out about him. As we just read in 1 Corinthians who was without sin, was made to be sin, why? For us.

But what happened in that exchange between John the Baptist and Jesus before the baptism took place, do you remember? John the Baptist, when he saw Jesus stated that he wasn’t worthy to do this, “you ought to be baptizing me rather than me baptizing you. What was Jesus response? And you’ll see what this has to do with righteousness. Jesus response was ”Suffer it to be so, that all righteousness should be fulfilled.” Don’t just let those words slip past you.

Why would Jesus make such a statement like that to John the Baptist? What does him being baptized by John have to do with righteousness, and righteousness being fulfilled? Whenever John the Baptist burst on the scene, you know that of course his life runs parallel with Jesus. He’s a cousin, if you will, of Jesus. And when he comes out of the wilderness preaching the gospel, he’s a voice that’s crying in the wilderness, and all of Judea comes out to hear him, he is a preacher of righteousness isn’t he.

Righteousness Isn’t a Code of Living
He’s not a preacher of righteousness as we’ve been taught where we have this image of him being intolerant and a fire-breathing, legalistic kind of preacher, that’s not it at all. As we’re going to see, that righteousness has nothing to do with a code of living. Now, usually when you say that, especially with people who’ve had a lot of religious orientation and traditional background, that is a real shock to their system. When you say that righteousness is not about a code for living.

So here’s John the Baptist, you must remember as well, that everything up unto the cross, even though it may be recorded in what we call the new covenant, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, because the last book of the old covenant is Malachi and then we have that dividing line and we open up our Bibles and we see this new covenant begins with Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, but everything that happened in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, before the cross, was still Old Covenant.

Jesus had not gone to the cross yet, right? So what Bible do you think that Jesus was reading from? The Old Testament. And until he died on the cross to bring the new covenant by his blood, it was still under the old covenant. So John the Baptist was a representative of the Old Covenant. In fact in Isaiah 40 John the Baptist is prophesied about. A voice crying in the wilderness, prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight a path for the Lord our God.

So here’s John the Baptist standing in the river, he is if you will, a representative of the Old Covenant. Jesus, who steps in the water with him into the waters of Jordan, and Jordan, remember means descending unto death. There’s so much there we could talk about, so Jesus is the representative of the New Covenant isn’t he. And he steps into the waters of death, or the waters of the Jordan, along with John the Baptist. And his response to John the Baptist’s protest was, suffer it to be so in order for all righteousness to be fulfilled. Because Jesus knew that he had to identify with the affects of the old covenant.

Why Give the Commandments If I Can’t Live By Them?
And what were the affects of the old covenant? If you couldn’t keep the law, what were the results of it? Death. That’s why I take great pleasure in repeating over and over again that the Christian life is not difficult, it’s impossible. You can’t keep the law, God never intended for you to keep the law. In fact, in revealing to you the law itself, the 10 commandments, which there is more to the law than just the 10 commandments, there’s over 630 laws in the Old Testament. You couldn’t make it 2 minutes keeping all of the law. The reason why he gave it is to show you that it’s impossible for you to do it yourself. He has to live his life through you. He has to keep the law in you and through you.

So you have the representative in the old covenant, being John the Baptist, and the representative in the new covenant, being Christ, and both are standing in the middle of death, in the Jordan. So Jesus said suffer it to be so, so that all righteousness may be fulfilled . . . remember, he says in another place that he didn’t come to destroy the law, but to fulfill it. Why does he use the term “fulfill it.”? Because up until that time, no one had ever been able to fulfill it, but him.

No One Greater Than John the Baptist.
Do you remember also concerning John the Baptist, Jesus said about him that among those who were born of a woman, that there had never been anyone greater than John the Baptist . . .why would he make that statement?

Matthew 11
11Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he

Why would he make a statement that there’s never been a man born of a woman that’s greater than John the Baptist? All of us have been born of a woman. Even Jesus was born of a woman. So what is he getting at there. When we look at the information that’s given us concerning the life of John the Baptist, it appears that this man out of all the human beings that ever lived in human history up to that point, that he probably lived according human righteousness, probably the most disciplined life. He was known for an extremely disciplined lifestyle. He lived according to the law, didn’t he, but it wasn’t enough was it.

Only “He” is Righteous
Otherwise it would have been fulfilled in John the Baptist, but it couldn’t be fulfilled in a natural man, it had to be fulfilled in Jesus. Now the reason why it’s so important for us to use that as a beginning point is because I think until we see that Jesus is the only one that is righteous . . . remember in Romans Paul says there is none righteous, no not one. (Romans 3:10) in just a couple verses later he also says that there are none who do good, no not one.

There’s a lot of space given in Scripture to “self”- righteousness. In fact Jesus was very, very harsh, he never let up on the Pharisees whenever he referred to their form of righteousness and he said that unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and the Pharisees . . .remember that? And he even talks about, you talk about using cutting words, he talks about, concerning these guys that were so self-righteous and holy in their attitude or gave the appearance of being so, he said that they were like whited sepulchers but they were full of dead men’s bones. A generation of vipers.

I’m not sure if any of us can fully appreciate what kind of an insult that was. Because they had the opinion of themselves, because they were to diligent and disciplined to keep every part of the law, even so much so that on the Sabbath they wouldn’t grab a chair and drag it across the room of their house. Their reason for that was because if they did, if there was any dirt on the floor, they were afraid they would break the law of working on the Sabbath because that would constitute plowing. Sounds ridiculous doesn’t it. Sounds a lot like bondage.

And Jesus flies in the face of that form of self-righteousness. Some of the most difficult people in the world to reach out and share Christ with, are really very good and moral people. They have character and a certain measure of integrity. But even the best flesh is still flesh. It’s not righteous. So looking back here to this whole thing of the true definition of righteousness. And there have been a lot of very fundamental and simple definitions of righteousness that I’ve heard over the years, but probably the most fundamental one is referred to as “Right-standing”. Well, what does that mean?

Right standing with God . . .
See when you first start talking like this, they are more comfortable with something that creates a sense of boundaries for them, they would rather have a set of rules given to them, than understand what a relationship with him is like. As odd as it is, the children of Israel are a picture of this very thing because when they finally are delivered by the blood of the Passover lamb, it’s literally a few days later and immediately, they’re wanting to go back to their bondage in Egypt. Sound crazy? It is if you think about all they went through and all the trials and miraculous miracles that God performed to prove his love for them . . .but at the same time, we do it every day ourselves.

Origin of the “Double Standard”
You ever hear people use the phrase “that’s a double standard”? That’s where it originated. Because up until that time, it was arbitrary. Because whatever you decided was an ounce was an ounce, whatever you decided was a foot was a foot and so on. What does that have to do with righteousness? Denominationalism does the same thing. What I say or believe as living a Christian life, can only pertain to my denomination, and often times that isn’t the same measurement either. Often times, it’s what the Pastor of the church claims as truth is what that church accepts as truth, even though you go down the highway to another church with the same title and you’ll find there’s a variance of what the last church said as truth in this one. But they all have set their own standards as to what they believe righteousness is.

When you would rather resort to your own self-will, your own self-discipline to try to keep a code, or a list of doctrinal commitments, you would rather do that rather than let him live his life through you in a way that only he can. One man calls that a tyranny of the familiar. You would rather go back and live in bondage, than to believe you could live free. I’ve heard it said that righteous actually means right standing, that’s all fine and good, but it doesn’t really help me a whole lot, does that mean I’m standing right? Maybe that means the result of sin as it enters in the world, we have entrance of sin referred to as the fall, but now I’m not in a fallen state, but I’m standing?

Standard of Weight
I think probably one of the best understandings, that I’ve discovered of righteousness has to do with a full measure or a weight. Or a right measure or weight. So in application, it has to do with a standard of spiritual weight and measures. Let me put it this way, around the turn of the century, did you realize there were no standards as it relates to weights and measurements. Up to about 1901, a shop keeper could arbitrarily determine what, to him, was an ounce, or what was a gallon. With one, it may be 16 ounces, with another it could be 10 ounces. I know that sounds bazaar, but did you realize up until 1901, that’s when they established the agency that began to set in law certain measurements that could not be compromised and it became a federal offense.

It’s Impossible For Me To Deserve Righteousness
That makes righteousness, to a certain degree, up for grabs. But God has his own standard, when I say that, let me remind you again, it’s impossible for any one of us to reach that standard. I don’t care what any preacher will try to argue with that, stay with the truth, and truth reveals that it’s impossible for me to obtain my own salvation through any efforts of my own. Even Jesus in his humanity said of his own strength. . .

Jhn 5:30
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

We need to hear that. “Well, wasn’t he the son of God?” Of course he was, he was all God and he was all man, but when he lived and breathed on this planet for 33 years, he lived as a man. If that were not the case, then he was not tempted like us in every way. Yet the Bible reveals that he was, and yet without sin. So how did he do it? Understand that Jesus came as a pattern, as a model to what we can experience here on this earth. It’s not something that’s so far beyond us that it can’t be obtained. That’s why Scripture states “Greater is HE that is IN me, than he that is in the world.

Definition of Glory
We’ve been going through all of these Scriptures that talk about he is where? IN us! We’re talking about the mystery of Christ IN you, which is the HOPE of glory a definition for glory says: of that condition with God the Father in heaven to which Christ was raised after he had achieved his work on earth. Not glory which is sometime after you die, or sometime in the future or a distant place in another land. But glory has to do with the manifest presence of God IN you!

I want to come back to this thing about emphasizing because people have so deified Jesus when he lived here and I want to make it abundantly clear to you that he was all God, but he was all man. And everything that he did though, in the recording of the gospels, he did not as the Son of God, but he did it as the son of man. Every miracle he did, he did it not just using his powers as God, but he used it as a man who was anointed by God. Otherwise again, all the temptation that he experienced? It was all a hoax. Scripture says that he was tempted in all points as we are, yet without sin.

Hbr 4:15
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin.

It’s proof to us that the power of righteous that he lived out of, kept him. He wasn’t just saying in a vague empty way what we just read in John 5. He was trying to convey to them ”here I am, I’ve come, made myself manifest to the flesh, made myself subject to the flesh, made myself vulnerable to the flesh, yet I still walk in righteousness. Pretty powerful. I know sometimes when you start talking these terms, it is a huge stress for a lot of people because you have this concept, I’ve had a steady diet of a lot of this also, but you have this concept that the life that Jesus lived 2,000 years ago is totally irrelevant to the life I’m living now in the temptations that I face.

Focusing in on Rightness
Obviously you are not without sin, you’re not without sin because you fail. But see the focus is not on focusing on the failures that you have, but instead focusing on his righteousness and understand that if I keep focusing on his righteousness and let him live his life through me then the failures begin to diminish. In the teaching we’ve been doing, I’ve done something I don’t usually do in that I’ve been taking the time to reference many passages because I feel like you need to see them for yourself and let them sink into your hearing.

Romans 10
1Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. 2For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. 4For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. 5For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them. 6But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:) 7Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) 8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Message Translation
4-10The earlier revelation was intended simply to get us ready for the Messiah, who then puts everything right for those who trust him to do it. Moses wrote that anyone who insists on using the law code to live right before God soon discovers it's not so easy—every detail of life regulated by fine print! But trusting God to shape the right living in us is a different story— no precarious climb up to heaven to recruit the Messiah, no dangerous descent into hell to rescue the Messiah. So what exactly was Moses saying?

The word that saves is right here, as near as the tongue in your mouth, as close as the heart in your chest. It's the word of faith that welcomes God to go to work and set things right for us. This is the core of our preaching. Say the welcoming word to God—"Jesus is my Master"—embracing, body and soul, God's work of doing in us what he did in raising Jesus from the dead. That's it. You're not "doing" anything; you're simply calling out to God, trusting him to do it for you. That's salvation. With your whole being you embrace God setting things right, and then you say it, right out loud: "God has set everything right between him and me!"

Ignorant Righteousness
According to verse 3, there’s a certain ignorance concerning what righteousness is. Paul addressed it then and it’s really what I’m addressing now. You offend people sometimes when you even say or suggest they are ignorant. I didn’t say you were stupid, there’s a difference between being stupid and ignorant. If I’m ignorant of something, it just means that I don’t know. When it comes to quantum physics, I’m ignorant.

James 2
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

If that doesn’t emphasize and highlight everything that I’ve been saying to this point. If you’re set on keeping the whole law and you’ve failed on one point, you’re guilty of breaking it all. Now, if I just used that as a sound-bite, I get pretty hopeless don’t I. The reason being is that righteousness is not what we’ve been taught it to be. Righteousness is not an act, but it’s a person. I know that I’ve been saying this for the last few sessions, but I want to keep emphasizing it to you. I believe if we, and that’s what we’re seeking to do is renew the minds of people. If we could renew the minds of people to understand that if you can begin to behold him and keep your focus on him.

Continual Self-inspecting
Don’t become introspective, don’t constantly inspect yourself. If you do that, that’s a vortex that will suck you down, it is an abyss, it’s a hole to which there is no bottom. I’m sure there isn’t one of us that hasn’t been there done that. In fact you could very well have experienced it today. I mean that abyss that Revelation talks about, as far as I’m concerned is not some cavern that will open up in the earth somewhere. That abyss is in you. It’s that thing in you that causes you to get introspective and you start inspecting yourself and you start thinking about why you did this and why you did that. Why do I think this way and why did I think that. It doesn’t change anything does it. Are you going to change that way? No.

Editor’s Note
The first thing that comes to my mind when reading that would be those that would quickly point out that the laver in the tabernacle of Moses was made from the mirrors of the women of Israel. This is a picture of you searching your soul for anything unclean inside you. Remember the process of the sacrifice was that the priest would remove and inspect the inward parts of the sacrifice for any kind of blemish or affliction that the animal may have had before being offered unto God.

So if there’s supposed to be an inspection of one’s self, why would Randall be stating otherwise? He’s not. There is a time and place for personal inspection, but it’s not so you can build a tent and dwell on it, but so that you can be cleansed, and prepared; equipped to advance into the next dimension in Christ. The priests didn’t stay at the laver, they washed, dried, and moved on into ministering inside the temple. That’s what Randall is referring to. It’s to those that want to dwell on their self-inspections and never leave. That’s their focus, they’re always addressing everything that’s wrong with them instead of being cross-eyed and seeing all that’s right.
End Note

Behold! The Lamb of God!
The Bible gives us the formula for change, we’ve talked about it already in 2 Corinthians 3, it says we are all changed as we behold HIM. The next time your behavior does not match him, it’s because you are not beholding him. You become what you behold. You become what you look at all the time, what you think about all the time. Proverbs 23 says as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he . . . I love stirring this up and provoking people with this truth is because the response you get from most people is . .what you’re suggesting is just going to cause people to think that they have a license to run out the door and feel any old way they want to.

Godly Thinking Brings Godly Living (The Mind of Christ Does Not Emphasize the Natural)
If you are beholding him, you won’t do any of that. But remember what I told you we don’t “do” to be righteous. I’m not righteous because I do righteous things anymore than I’m a sinner because I sin. You know why you sin? Because you’re sinful. Did that just sound like some kind of conundrum, some sort of confusing statement? No, listen, you’re not sinful because you sin, you sin because you’re sinful. It’s your nature to do so. If I can renew you in the spirit of your mind so much so, that you’re righteous minded instead of sin-conscious, then you will act righteous, you will be righteous without trying to be! It won’t be an effort anymore. You won’t have to walk around always thinking . . .did I do something wrong today . .did I do anything right? That’s a maze that you can never find your way out of.

James 2
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all

Relationship With Truth Brings Freedom!
Good behavior may result in a form of righteousness, but it isn’t the full measure of what we’ve been talking about. You guys ought to be excited about this. This should be liberating for you. That’s why Jesus said in John 8 that you shall KNOW the truth, it’ll set you free. . . does that mean that once I am able to know enough through Bible lessons and studies that all that is going to set me free? That’s not what that means at all. For you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free. KNOWING the truth, it’s not a body of information. The word “knowing” there as in most all the places of Scripture, has to do with intimacy. When Adam knew Eve she conceived, right?

All through the Scripture, the word “know” has to do . .there are of course some places that knowledge or know does have to do with a body of information, but that’s not what he’s saying here, he’s talking about having intimacy with him. A woman doesn’t have any problem conceiving seed and bearing a child and reproducing after their image if she’s intimate with a man. There are a lot of things that we “strive” to reproduce, if you’d just be intimate with him, you’d give birth to his image. His seed would do the work.

The Seed Resembles It’s Planter
When my wife conceived the first time, she didn’t have to read books about me, she didn’t have to study the lines in my face, the DNA in the seed that germinated her egg, had all the information needed to produce the likeness that was intended. That just sets me free! That just makes me want to go home and throw my feet up on the coffee table and say “Thank God!”. As long as you continue to struggle with what righteousness really is, you’ll continue to experience partial victories, and countless defeats.

In this next passage, I want to fill you in on where Paul is coming from first. He’s talking about his spiritual pedigree. Everything that he was before Christ, a Pharisee of the Pharisees, of the tribe of Benjamin, according to the old covenant, he lived it all. (I’m adding the whole text).

Philippians 3
1Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe. 2Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. 3For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh. 4Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: 5Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; 6Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. (He’s blameless, not the law, in other words, he did it all) 7But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. 8Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the Excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

9And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Editor’s Note
I separated that out on purpose, what I’d really love to do is include the whole chapter. But there are to many sermons in it. The most illuminating piece right now is this. Those who are in Christ do not have their own righteousness, but they have the righteousness of the Father through faith in Christ. Because we believe what we believe from a cross perspective, from a tree of life foundation, we are made righteous. What does that mean? I looked up the definition of righteousness. I was surprised at the amount of space the author used to describe what it is. But the easiest definition I saw was this:
Righteousness = integrity, virtue, purity of life, rightness, correctness of thinking feeling, and acting

All of those adjectives are characteristics that God instilled into each and every person that loses themselves “in Christ.” I don’t gain or achieve these things through right living, I gain them through faith in Christ and the power of his transforming nature in me. I let, I give permission, I allow and invite him to reside in me and as he lives in me, his righteousness replaces my own. And as a result of that, my living right begins to manifest. Living right, not according to what people think right living should be, but what is right in the eyes of God.

It’s our mind that has to submit to this, not our spirit. Yes there’s a difference. Our mind desires after, as God said of Eve with her husband, Adam. Our soul desires after, it wishes to control, our spirit. And that’s what religion does, it controls the spiritual activity. But this releases that control. That’s why Christ referred to it as freedom. Freedom from what? Control. Knowledge in and of itself gives power to control. But as we’re about to see in Luke 11, there is a key to knowledge and it’s not to control, but it’s to liberate. The key to knowledge is that it’s spiritual. Knowledge of spiritual things can only be revealed by the Spirit. And the Spirit only reveals spiritual knowledge to those who are in a relationship with Him. That’s why he said “ he who KNOWS the truth, the truth will set you free. Through intimate relationship with Christ, there is a spiritual liberation of your natural mind

I have to throw this verse in, it’s like the climax of fourth of July fireworks.
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness [come] by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
End Note

He is contrasting the righteousness that he had, I can’t imagine that he was even blameless concerning the righteousness of the law. But he says I count all that stuff . . . he was pretty graphic as dung for the excellency and the knowledge which is in Christ . . .

2 Corinthians 5
21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

As Weak as Sin Made Us, His Righteousness is That Much More Powerful
It’s important that you see in that verse, to the degree that he was made sin, you were made righteous. He became what he was not so that you might become what you were not. We have been corrupted from the simplicity of the gospel. It’s been made so complicated, so difficult for people. In fact, quite often when you start talking these terms, people start talking, I can feel them . . .it can’t be this easy, it just can’t. Why? Why Not? Jesus said concerning the Pharisees, the self-righteous, he said you have the key of knowledge but you won’t enter in and you hinder others and you bind heavy burdens on the people that they can not bear. (this is a combined paraphrase of 2 separate Scriptures referencing the same incident. )

Luk 11:52
Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Matthew 23:4
For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay [them] on men's shoulders; but they [themselves] will not move them with one of their fingers.

He’s Not Referring To Sinner’s Laboring and Heavy Laden
To me, the most beautiful words, probably out of all of the things recorded that he said COME UNTO ME . . .and it’s not a Scripture that, as far as I’m concerned, for people who are unsaved. All ye that labor and are what? Heavy laden and I will give rest, for my yoke is easy. What is a yoke? It’s what they put around an oxen and take him out in the field and plowed with him. It rubbed his neck raw until it bled. He said my yoke is EASY and my burden is LIGHT. . .I promise you, if in your spiritual journey and development, if it starts getting difficult, you’ve got yourself out of yoke with him and you’ve taken on the yoke of religion. You’ve taken on somebody else’s yoke, you have let somebody else place down over your will, the neck speaks of your will, you’ve let someone else put down some other requirement over you other than what HE requires of you. And that’s what’s wearing you out.

Matthew 11
28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light

Religion Births The Wrong Kind of Fear
Against all the rigors and discipline of religion, Jesus comes in and proclaims that as we take his yoke upon us, we learn of him. And as we learn more about him, the more we come into the understanding that there’s no more work required from us because he fulfilled all the requirements necessary, all we have to do is . . .rest. I used to think that, because you hear me talk about this all the time, because of the legalism I was raised in, I had no concept of grace. I never heard grace preached on, ever. I did get a steady diet of hell. Occasionally I’d hear about heaven, I heard a lot about how mad God was at me.

I lived in constant fear. That’s the way I lived. No wonder I lived a life of hypocrisy and sinned every time I got a chance. It’s a shame, but it’s the truth. So, let’s come back to this again, back to 2 Corinthians 5.

21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

I know I keep repeating this, but I want it to start resonating in your head. I don’t these to just to be nicely framed phrases. He became what he was not, in order for you to become what you are not. Jesus never committed a sin, but he was made to be sin. He didn’t become sin because he practiced sin. If that’s the case, then in the same way verse 21 says, you are not righteous because you practice righteousness. If you weren’t made righteous, then Jesus was never made to be sin.

Thomas Reaching “Inside” Christ
I want to tell you again why we have such a struggle understanding righteousness is because of sin consciousness. I believe what God is letting you do here and now isn’t unlike what happened to Thomas, you remember him? He said unless I can put my hands in his side and see the nail prints in his hands for myself, I won’t believe. And Jesus appears and the most powerful thing about that moment was when Jesus allowed Thomas to see his side and Scripture says that Thomas, he reached forth his hand and put it into his side. And when he did, what was it, do you suppose, what was it about that, that caused Thomas to then say “My Lord and my God. Why his side?

Remember we’re talking about being in him. IF we look at that first time where we see anything happening to a man’s side, when God created Adam, where was Eve? She was inside him wasn’t she. Remember in Genesis 5 where God called both of them, Adam. Understand with me that when God breathed into the nostrils of Adam the breath of life and he became a living soul, Eve was inside of him at that moment. So he puts him into a deep sleep, which is a picture of what happened to Jesus on the cross.

Just like the first Adam got his bride out of his side, so also the last Adam got his bride out of his side as well. I believe when Thomas put his hand in his side . . .he looked at the nail prints in his hands and saw the scars where Jesus was pierced, as he was fulfilling the works of the flesh on the cross, hands represent works. And he saw the nail prints in Jesus feet where Jesus fulfilled all that was required from a sinner redeemed by the blood of the Lamb to be able to walk as a child of God. Feet represent your spiritual walk.

Thomas Found His Identity In Christ
Even the scarring around the head of Jesus as he took on and overcame the curse of the natural or carnal mind. But when he put his hand in his side, he cried out my Lord and my God . . . Once he put his hand in his side, it was then that the revelation came as to who he was in Christ. Understand that this has to come by revelation from God to you. This isn’t something that comes by me piecing verses of Scripture together at your leisure. Because what’s happening right now, you’re being exposed to truth. But when it becomes revelation, is when it starts taking on application, or starts changing your moods, your attitudes, the way you feel about yourself.

The next time condemnation comes swooping in on you from every side, you may have been fine for several weeks and you’ve been feeling great about yourself and your relationship with God when all of the sudden something happens. One little thing happens that triggers an avalanche of things you’ve done or said and places you’ve been and things you’ve thought and sins you’ve committed and it triggers this avalanche that just comes pouring down on you, the next time that happens and it has no affect on you, then you’re getting the revelation of Christ in you.

When Is Now?
Otherwise this is all just Ooooo! Wow! Neat!! It’s truth right now, but when it becomes revelation, then the victory over your carnal nature begins to manifest. We hear preachers all the time and you’ve heard me talk about it . . .there is therefore . . .NOW (Romans Cool When is now? Now is now! It’s now when you first read this and it’s now, now. I want to live in the state of “now.” There is therefore NOW no condemnation to those who are . . .what? IN Christ Jesus. For the law of the spirit . ..

See that’s what I’ve been talking about, it’s of a spiritual dimension. Righteousness is a spiritual dimension, it’s understanding that he is the righteous one and he has been made one with my spirit. And it’s going to take a while for you to be renewed by the spirit of your mind. Isn’t it interesting how easy it is for you to remember all the sins you’ve committed, but it’s a struggle for you to remember Scripture. You remember with amazing accuracy your failure and sin and it’s because we’ve been programmed to think that way. It’s called sin-consciousness. It’s probably better to even call it sin sub-consciousness.

Sub-consciousness
I don’t want to get to analytical here my background is in psychology, but I will tell you the things that affect you at a conscious level are actually things that are at a subconscious level that you’re not even aware of most of the time. Your reactions to people, you’re feeling and moods about things. Why do they call it “sub” conscious? Because it’s at a level of the soul that sometimes is so illusive until you really don’t know where that feeling is coming from. You could walk out of here tonight and the Word of God is just bubbling out of you and everything just seems to be right with you when out of the blue, something changes and you can feel yourself being different and you ask yourself “Wow! Where did that come from?”

You ever have one of those days where you’re just not in a good mood? And in your mind this stuff starts coming up from this deep dark cavern inside of you and you feel like there’s this cloud of miserable confusion that you can’t seem to shake. Then you begin to question whether or not you ever had a genuine salvation experience. I’ve been preaching the gospel for 23 years and there’s still times my mind is trying to convince me that all of this is just an act. Does that help anybody? I know that seems bazaar and I’m not just saying this to try to make you feel better.

Treasure in an Earthen Vessel
I’m not saved because I feel saved. You need to learn to discern the difference between facts and truth. It’s a fact sometimes that I feel like a heathen, but the truth is I’m the righteousness of God in Christ. It’s a fact that I’m not always consistent, but I have a treasure in an earthen vessel. And yes, there’s a treasure in this vessel just as sure as you’re setting here, but I have to focus on the treasure though. I want to stay here a little while, I’ve been in the awesome presence of God both here in corporate worship, as well as by myself, and all of the sudden the most vile and perverted unseemly thing comes in my mind . .

Now, before you get on your pious platform and waving your self-righteous finger, keep in mind, if truth be known, every one of you, to even suggest that this hasn’t happened to you . .well you’ll lie about everything else as well. I wasn’t looking for it, didn’t summon it up, but it came nonetheless. Some of the times I have acted the most carnal is right after God has used me in a powerful way. To minister or to teach and I walk right away from that experience and you’d be embarrassed to even know me. But it doesn’t change the fact that Christ is in me.

The righteous falls seven times . . .there’s that number, does that mean that I fall specifically seven times? No, it means that when you fall, you’ve fallen so many times that you’ve got it perfected. They fall seven times, not the ungodly, but the righteous, they fallen seven times. Their failure is perfected. However it goes on to say that they fall seven times, but they get up. But the ungodly just fall once . .and that’s it!

Proverbs 24
15Lay not wait, O wicked man, against the dwelling of the righteous; spoil not his resting place:
16For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief

Message translation
15-16 Don’t interfere with good people’s lives; don’t try to get the best of them. No matter how many times you trip them up, God-loyal people don’t stay down long; Soon they’re up on their feet, while the wicked end up flat on their faces

I think that’s what the world is looking for, they’re more discerning than what we give them credit for. They can see through all the hypocrisy, they can see through all the religion. They know. You talk Christianeeze, you talk all this spirit jargon and they see right through all that stuff. They’d rather you just go ahead and be real. I got off a little there, but what we’re looking at is the struggle to understand righteousness is rooted in sin consciousness.

When you were born again like what it says in 2 Corinthians 5:17 17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new that this is something that happens on the level of your spirit. Remember, you are a spirit that has a soul that lives in a body. Remember? We are not human beings having spiritual experiences, but instead, we are spirit beings having natural experiences.

It All Begins Right Here

FOR THE NEXT 15 PAGES, (from here to page 26) THAT LAST LINE IN THE PARAGRAPH ABOVE, BIRTHED THE NEXT REVELATION. IT’S YET ANOTHER THING THAT HAS TRANSFORMED MY THINKING, IT’S WHAT I’VE BEEN PREACHING ON FOR THE PAST 6 WEEKS, IT’S THE SPARK THAT RETURNED US TO THE TRUTH OF OUR ORIGIN, THE GARDEN OF EDEN.

Editor’s Note
Before you begin this next phase, let me open this piece up with a picture that has recently unfolded, which is actually months after what I wrote below. The reason I’m telling you this is because these things that we’re grafted into now, are not one-time experiences. They are things that continually bear more and more fruit. A door is about to be opened to your perception of what you may think the garden of Eden to be, is not what your mind has told you at all. Let’s start this with a little bit of a bang for you.

Many times people get into discussions about the circumstances around the event of the fall of Adam. When God “walked with Adam” is that to mean that God was not with Adam all the time? I originally never quite understood why this revelation burst into my understanding here, in the middle of “The Mystery of Christ in you”, until again, just recently I realized that the garden is an extremely powerful “in-Christ” message as anything else here. There are three main pieces to this picture of the garden of Eden. One is, the garden, it has parameters, it has boundaries. Within those parameters is the contents of the garden. The other two main pieces are the two trees, one of Life, the other of law (Romans 3:20-21 . .law = knowledge of good and evil)

It’s a dimensional picture of God. The garden is the body, the tree of life is a picture of his Spirit and the tree of knowledge is a picture of his mind . . .the three dimensions that make up every one of us, body, soul, and spirit. Then, after Adam was created he was “placed in” the garden. This is a picture of us, we are hidden “in” Christ. Where was God when Adam was in the garden? He was all around as Adam was “in” him, he was in God. You may need to come back and re-read this after you read the next 15 pages to digest it again. I just wanted to break the ice a bit and get your mind to begin looking for spiritual patterns of the reality of your identity in Christ as you grow further into your revelational area of your relationship with Him.
------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Tape 3 Part 2 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:04 pm

cross-eyed

I’m going to stretch you a little with this. You’ve heard me comment on it before, but I’m going to go into it even deeper here. We are a spirit that has a soul that lives in a body. It’s easy to see that our bodies are quite limited. Our minds actually have to be trained to see spiritual things. We constantly have to keep our minds in check. Gird up the loins of our mind, take captive our thoughts, the mind is always at enmity with God.. . walk in the spirit, not after the flesh. These various passages of Scripture relate that fact even more that our natural state is unable to grasp the spiritual surroundings.

But yet, through all that struggling, we are not physical beings having spiritual experiences, we are just the opposite. If that’s true, and I believe very strongly that it is, then where is the pattern showing that we are spirit beings first and natural beings last? It goes back to the garden. There is a key verse that points to something that not many people really realize. And that’s the fact that when God created Adam, it wasn’t the earth that Adam’s realm was in, but it was Eden’s. A garden made separate from the earth. The key to seeing this is in Genesis 2.

8And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed

If reading patterns was not a part of my nature, I would never see that this verse is basically saying that Adam was not in the natural realm that we are in today. But when he was first created, he was placed in a garden, and not just any garden, but it was a spiritual garden. How do we know that? Because of the fact that God went to great lengths when giving this vision to Moses to record that the garden was “eastward in Eden.” Eden means delight or pleasure. But the key isn’t Eden as much as it is, “Eastward”. Adam and Eve were not in Eden, they were in the garden that is east of Eden

Not Everything Is Named or Explained
We’ve done several studies that involved the mentioning of directions and the patterns they depict. East is one of the most powerful because it’s always referring to Christ. He’s the rising of the Son. There’s even more here than that. It also says that out of this garden flowed one river. As it exited the garden, it split into four rivers. I believe this is another picture of Christ as well as something else. Interestingly, this one river has no name until it splits into four. There are places all through out Scripture where we are told there are some things that we’re not to understand, like when Jacob wanted to know the name of an angel. The angel told him he wouldn’t understand even if he told him what it was.

Another is when the disciples wanted to know where there spot was at the master’s table. Jesus told them that it wasn’t for them to know such things. These are only a couple examples. But here’s my point. I think this river in the garden was the very spirit of life. Who knows from which direction it comes or which direction it goes? There are some spiritual things that are hidden until God chooses to reveal them to us. Jesus was hidden in the Old Testament until the time came for him to be revealed. Then, his message had things in it like, if anyone is thirsty, let them come to me and drink . . . as well as I am the door, anyone who comes to the Father, must come through me. All of these are connecting pieces to the garden. He is the river that flows from it, he is the only gate that lies on the east side of it.

1 River In the Garden, 4 in Eden
So here in the garden, there’s one river. But after it exits it splits into four rivers. 1 is the number for unity as well as the number for God, there is only one. The number 4 is the number depicting things of the earth, or of the natural. There are four seasons, there are four elements, earth, wind, fire, and water. There are four directions. So what are we saying? In the garden, there is one river. The garden is the kingdom, the river is Christ. Outside of the garden the river splits. . .Not outside of Eden, Eden and the garden of Eden are two different realms. The Garden is the doorway into heaven.

People today have come up with locations where they think Eden is. They’ll find the four rivers, but they won’t find garden of Eden because we’ve been cast out of the garden of Eden. Because of Adam’s fallen nature, God cast him from the spiritual realm, the kingdom of God, to the natural realm. The garden of Eden is not a place where we can travel to and find in the natural, the door to the garden has been closed and no man can enter in the flesh.

Adam was made after God’s image. God is not flesh, he’s spirit. I’ve always assumed that God’s image was in Adam’s body of flesh, but that’s not right. Adam was God’s image. Adam was a spirit living in a spiritual garden east of Eden and had a spiritual mate in Eve and they were to multiply spiritual things and fill all the earth with God’s glory. (Every tree reproduces after it’s own kind.)

Not Unusual for Talking and Walking Snakes?
We’ve never really asked the right questions when reading these passages. But since when was it natural for a snake to talk? Or to walk up-right? This particular serpent did both things. But neither Adam nor Eve were shocked that a serpent could talk. Why? Because they were not in the natural realm as we are in today. You may argue that there were animals in Scripture that also talked, Balaam’s donkey for one, but if you understand the context, you’ll also see that God spoke through the donkey, but in the garden, it wasn’t God talking through the serpent. They were not living in a body of limitations as we are today. Their only limitation was not to eat of that one tree. What do trees represent? Not just man, but the natural man. These two trees were at the center of the Garden which was where? In the east.

Midst of the Garden
When Scripture says they were in the center of the garden, I pictured in my mind that meant like a bull’s-eye on a dartboard. But I’m not so sure that’s a accurate depiction either. These two trees, one of life, the other of knowledge, were the swinging doors into, and out of the spiritual realm. In fact, these same two trees are in Zechariah and there’s a bowl with oil flowing between them. Then there’s Revelation

Revelation 22
1-5 Then the Angel showed me Water-of-Life River, crystal bright. It flowed from the Throne of God and the Lamb, right down the middle of the street. The Tree of Life was planted on each side of the River, producing twelve kinds of fruit, a ripe fruit each month. The leaves of the Tree are for healing the nations. Never again will anything be cursed. The Throne of God and of the Lamb is at the center. His servants will offer God service—worshiping, they'll look on his face, their foreheads mirroring God. Never again will there be any night. No one will need lamplight or sunlight. The shining of God, the Master, is all the light anyone needs. And they will rule with him age after age after age.

In revelation there are two trees there as well, with one river flowing from the throne and through these two trees. These are all pictures of the same thing. They are a picture of the garden of Eden. It’s still there, it’s just in another realm or dimension. But we were originally made as spirits who now reside in these temporary bodies until there’s reuniting with Christ and the earth. With the spirit and the flesh. When that transpires, all spiritual order will return to it’s origin.

Cool of the Day
Men who live in the tree of life are not men who walk in the flesh, but are men who walk in the spirit. So again, Adam and Eve at this point before the fall, are not in the natural realm, but are in the spiritual. They walk with God at the cool of the day (Genesis 3:Cool Here’s another one for you. The cool of the day. Scripture just stated in the previous chapter that the earth as we now know it, didn’t rain but that a mist came up from the earth and watered it. In the natural sense that would then mean that it’s like a greenhouse all the time. Which meant there was no direct sunlight.

No Rainbows, Key to No Direct Sunlight
How do we know that? Well, what do you get when you mix the sunlight with a mist? You get a distinct rainbow. But that didn’t come along until Noah. So it’s safe to say that in the garden, there wasn’t direct sunlight, but instead a constant mist. I’m going somewhere with this. I looked up the definition for the word King James chose to use as “Cool.” Do you know what the definition for that word is? SPIRIT! (See attachment on “Cool of the day”) Why they used the word cool, I’ll never know, but God didn’t walk with Adam after the hot sun blazed and scorched the garden all day long and then when things began to cool, they were able to go out and enjoy their walk. It’s another spiritual picture!

God walked with Adam in the SPIRIT of the Day. If you go back to Genesis 1:5, God named the Day to be day and the night to be night. But what Day is, is light. God named the light Day and the darkness he named night. So to look at this in the context, God walked with Adam in the Spirit of the Light. That’s why I say that the garden of Eden was a spiritual realm and not a natural one. But what happened?

Genesis 3
6And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. 7And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons. 8And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. 9And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? 10And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself 11And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

Desire = Lust, control, obtain, rule over
55 times in Scripture, this same word in Hebrew is also used for the word lust. It’s actual definition is: to desire, covet, take pleasure in, delight in For one example where we see it used as lust. In this next passage, in verse 25 where it speak about “do not lust” that phrase is the same Hebrew word used for “desire”.

Proverbs 6
20 My son, keep your father's commands and do not forsake your mother's teaching. 21 Bind them upon your heart forever; fasten them around your neck. 22 When you walk, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you. 23 For these commands are a lamp, this teaching is a light, and the corrections of discipline are the way to life, 24 keeping you from the immoral woman, from the smooth tongue of the wayward wife. 25 Do not lust in your heart after her beauty or let her captivate you with her eyes, 26 for the prostitute reduces you to a loaf of bread, and the adulteress preys upon your very life.

They Didn’t Originally Have Body’s of Flesh
Now, there may be some confusion here so let me cut it off at the pass. If Adam and Eve were in the spirit, then how could they be naked? Don’t you have to have a body to be naked? Scripture makes it clear that Adam and Eve had bodies. What I’m saying about it is, the bodies they originally had were not the same as our bodies are now. Of course they had bodies. I liken it to Jesus after he resurrected. He walked in the natural earth for another 40 days after he resurrected from the tomb. He had a body, people couldn’t recognize him though because their natural vision was impaired due to being stuck at the death of the cross and not able to see to the resurrection of life.

But nonetheless, Jesus did have a body that could be touched and he could also eat. But it wasn’t a natural human body that it was before the cross. How do we know? Because after the resurrection, he would literally appear and disappear whenever he chose. He also could pass through literal, natural doors without opening, so on and so forth. Why? Because he had put on his new body and just as he laid down the example of how we were to live in the body of out natural flesh, he also revealed what was promised to us in a spiritual body. So yes, Adam and Eve did have bodies that they could clothe, but they were still of the realm of the spirit. Again, it’s tough to get our natural minds to comprehend this and it’s really no big deal if it still doesn’t. What matters is that the garden of Eden is truly a picture of Christ in all of us.

Still Not convinced?
If you’re still having serious issues about whether or not Adam and Eve were originally spiritual beings first, and had souls living in eternal bodies second, then think about this. If Adam and Eve truly were as natural as we are, why is there no mention of any kind of a permanent structure that they called home? It’s obvious they didn’t have any cave they stayed close to or any kind of tent to protect them from the elements, they were naked already. They didn’t need any natural protection because they weren’t yet in natural bodies.

Knowledge Not of Light, but Darkness
What happened when Adam and Eve sinned? They were cast out of the garden. They ate of the tree of knowledge and they immediately knew. Except they didn’t know how awesome it was to be made in God’s image, that’s not what law does. All it did was expose their nakedness. It didn’t do anything to reveal God’s character to them or enlighten them of God’s nature. All they could see was their nakedness and they immediately took it upon themselves to make, to work, to toil at clothing themselves so they wouldn’t feel so exposed. That’s what law does. But that’s also what knowledge does. You can paint any religion on it you want to. Make it look like a picture of God if you want to, but like a natural picture, it’s one dimensional and there’s no life to it. It’s just a picture of life. Law never emphasizes the nature of God’s love or life, it only points out the fact that you have fallen short of it.

Once they became aware in their own knowledge, he cast them out of the garden. Because they chose their ability to gain knowledge, over eating from the tree of life which gave them total freedom of the garden IN God, they couldn’t remain in the spiritual realm where God resided. Just as you can’t mix life with law, you can’t mix redemptive blood with the sin of sacrifice, you can’t mix natural with spiritual. That was when they were driven into the natural state. It’s still true today, my natural mind will drive me out of the spiritual realm every opportunity it gets. This is why we’re not to be led by our flesh, but instead be led by the Spirit of God.

Genesis 3
22And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: 23Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. 24So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Working up a Sweat
There is a difference between eating fruit of the tree and eating from the sweat off your face. The sweat off your face is the same picture as harvesting your field. Your works are your sweat. Your field is where you plant, cultivate, water, plow, weed, all of that means nothing if no rain comes to your field. In the spiritual, your field is your natural ministries. We take on the responsibilities of everything that’s required to make a seed grow, we hold our conventions, we create our classes, we separate our denominations, we put a religious title on it for our own justifications, but the reality is, it’s still all spiritual fieldwork.

And just like the field, after all the work you do on your field this year, come next year, you have to go through it all over again. Just as you finally bring deliverance to someone’s live through your programs, there’s always another topic or subject or problem that you have to go through all the religious motions all over again to resolve that problem and after that one is dealt with there’s another one after that.

But it’s not like that when you eat from trees in the Garden. In the garden, their dependence came from the fruit of the trees. Fruit of the trees is not the same as harvest from a field. A tree is planted with a seed only once. Wheat, corn, barley, all things from the field have to be replanted every season. No work is required when eating from the fruit of a tree.

Dominion
Here’s a concept for you, before the fall, even though they were made from the dust, no work was required of them to bear a harvest. There was a natural realm all right, but before the fall, they weren’t a part of it. There were still trees and grass and hills and animals and all of that. And I believe the dominion God gave them was that of a spiritual nature. The definition for dominion means to rule, dominate, to tread down. Now if I look at that in the natural, can I honestly say I have dominion? If man has dominion over natural animals, then maybe the people that believe that can explain why it was that Daniel was thrown to the lions. He didn’t shut their mouths, God did.

Not only that, as soon as Daniel was out, the guys that tricked the king into having him thrown in, in the first place, they were then thrown in and the lions tore them limb from limb. They were men, they should have had dominion over those lions. “Well, it’s just Christians who have dominion over the animals” The logic of that is already shaky just in saying it, but okay, say that’s the case. Then explain why, the first century church, one of the favorite ways to torture the Christians was to wrap them in animal skins and let lions tear them up as well. Whose got the dominion there?

No, the dominion he speaks of is not over the natural wildlife, but the spiritual. I did this I believe in our Revelation Bible study with no notes, so let’s break it down again here.

Genesis 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

First of all, why would God, who is a spirit, make a man in his own likeness and image, which is also spirit, and then give them dominion over natural wildlife? No, all these things represent spiritual entities.

Fish of the sea.
According to Scripture, seas represent humanity.
Rev 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

Jude 1
12These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; 13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever

But more specific, the fish in the waters actually represent the same thing.

Rev 16:3
And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead [man]: and every living soul died in the sea.

Matthew 4
18-20Walking along the beach of Lake Galilee, Jesus saw two brothers: Simon (later called Peter) and Andrew. They were fishing, throwing their nets into the lake. It was their regular work. Jesus said to them, "Come with me. I'll make a new kind of fisherman out of you. I'll show you how to catch men and women instead of perch and bass." They didn't ask questions, but simply dropped their nets and followed.

This is just to allow you to begin to see the spiritual picture of what the passage in Genesis is saying. When God gave Adam dominion, it wasn’t specifically dealing with natural elements, but spiritual. So you can now go on and see the rest of the things, the birds of the air represent unclean spirits or demonic beings. In dealing with the four soils, the hardened path had seeds on it, but birds came and ate them because the ground was too hard for the seeds to penetrate. They enemy is here to steal, kill and destroy. So far we’ve been given dominion over carnal man, and the demonic powers,

Cattle and over all the earth, and every thing that creepeth. . .
We’ve touched on this before but what are cattle used for outside of sacrifice? They are used for plowing. The ox is one of the heads of the cherubim, they symbolize the works of men. We’ve originally been given dominion over labors of the earth, Adam lost that when he fell on several levels.

But to understand that part even more is to take another look at what God meant by Adam having to sweat for his daily provisions. The definition for sweat is : the effect from violent motion. But Adam was placed in the garden of delight, Eden’s definition. But that delight was only under the covering of life, when Adam chose to live by his own knowledge, he was removed from the garden of delight and the dominion he had over labor stayed in the garden.

Paradise = Garden of pleasure Eden = Delight Paradise and the Garden are one and the Same!
Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
2Cr 12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
Rev 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst (middle, same language as Genesis) of the paradise of God.

1) among the Persians a grand enclosure or preserve, hunting ground, park, shady and well watered, in which wild animals, were kept for the hunt; it was enclosed by walls and furnished with towers for the hunters
2) a garden, pleasure ground
a) grove, park

Subdue?
There’s another factor to this that connects to dominion. Before the fall, when Adam and Eve were first created, there were several things expected of them by God. They were to be fruitful and multiply, replenish and . .subdue. Just when you think we’re moving away from this passage and into something else, there are still loose strings that pull us back in. What’s the definition for the word subdue? And what is it that they are to subdue in the first place? If they are in the image of God, living in his realm with their glorified bodies, what could they possibly have to worry about subduing?

Subdue = force, keep under, bring into bondage

Genesis 1:-
28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: (subdue what? What’s our earth?) and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 29And God said, Behold, I have given (Hebrew word for I have given = Nathan.) you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. (No mention of a field) 30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. 31And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day (Dominion was given on the 6th day)

Symbolism of Earth
Here in lies the problem with Adam, he did not subdue his earth. Remember what earth is connected to? Earth, earthy, earthiness, things pertaining to the earth, the natural. Earth is a type and shadow of my carnality, my natural mind, my thinking capacity. That’s where Satan entered, he entered into their thinking and logic. He came at them with twisted words that clouded their minds.

VERY POWERFUL!!!
Our dominion over natural works only manifests when we walk in the spirit. When we find that place of rest in the work that Christ has already accomplished through the cross, then the dominion over that which is at enmity with God, our minds (fish of the sea) the demonic (birds of the air) natural works (cattle of the field) carnal nature (things of the earth) and even against the wiles of the devil himself (things that creepeth) that God gave us goes into effect.

Genesis 3
14And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: (what is man made from?) 15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise (lie in wait, to seize upon) thy head, (head, top, summit, upper part, chief, total, sum, height, front, beginning) and thou shalt bruise his heel.(hinder parts, the hinder parts of Christ is the Old Covenant)

Dust, Natural, Carnal, Spiritual
There’s so much in there once you start seeing it with spiritual eyes. The dust is not natural dust, it’s the same dust we were made from, yes, but it’s also what we are now. We are dust. From the dust we came, to the dust we will return. We’ll see that in the following verses, but I want you to see that the dust he speaks of here is not natural dirt. Have you ever heard of a snake living on dirt as it’s main diet? No, Dust is what we are, it’s the carnality of man.

Always Striving To be Good, Never Achieving Goodness
Enmity means hatred or a hostile mind. And here’s what Paul addresses when he says I know what I should do and don’t do it and I know what I shouldn’t do and still do it. Oh what a wretched man I am . . . that my friend is called, enmity. God is putting a permanent mark in the nature of man to always strive after what is good, but never achieve goodness. See, up until that moment, all Adam and Eve had to do was rest in the life that God created for them. Not lay around and do nothing, but live in peace. What ever is tranquil, that is where they flourished. But when they chose their own flesh for knowledge instead of just living in God’s realm of rest and finished works, they kicked themselves out of the realm of the spirit. You can’t mix spirit and flesh, you can’t mix law and life.

It’s All About the Process of Separation
That again is why the blood was to be separated from the animal being sacrificed. Life is in the blood. Sacrifice was according to law. Life is according to faith. Even then, God was having Israel prepare for what was yet to come. It was a spiritual threshing floor, it’s where tares are separated from wheat; sacrifice is separated from blood; flesh is separated from spirit. To have them mixed is to defile the pureness of reproduction, you simply become spiritually sterile.

Bruise and Bruise Taking it to the Next Level
The bruising seed is another well used passage and in most cases, accurate, but also incomplete. It is accurate in that it is truly depicting Christ. But the incompleteness is the fact that Jesus didn’t stomp on a snakes head and hurt his foot in doing so. To understand what this whole picture is, we need to “redefine” or at least illuminate the definitions that are there. First to bruise is not to absorb a hard blow, but instead it’s more like an ambush. To wait, to seize upon. . . That sounds very much like the character of Satan all right, but what of Jesus? How many times have we read in the gospels where it stated that it wasn’t his “time”? Jesus was lying in wait for the time to unfold where he could seize upon the gates of hell and reclaim authority over death and the grave. Much like a mighty lion, crouching in wait to seize upon it’s prey! (Lion of Judah!)

The Head
That’s one, the other is understanding what a “head” is and what a “heel” is. A head, it’s the most chief place. It’s the top, the total, the sum, the summit. . .the definition goes on and on. The seed of the woman, or Christ will seize upon the totality of sin. And the seed of the serpent? He will lie in wait to seize upon . . .the hinder parts of Christ. That’s the definition of heel. The hinder parts. Where else do we see this same wording used in Scripture? Was it not where God reveal to Moses his “hinder parts”.

The Heel
What did God reveal to Moses when he saw his hinder parts? He saw his creative power in the beginning when God created the earth. He saw the power of his word when he created the sun, moon, and stars. He saw his broken heart when the man he also created, chose to rely on his own knowledge instead of trusting in the life God had created for him. That was the hinder part of God. Moses saw the history of the image of God, in all it’s glorious splender.

So if that is the hinder parts of God, what is the hinder parts of Jesus? Well, where did Jesus seize upon death and the grave? At the cross, right? So, what was the dominant factor before the cross? Jesus said to the Pharisees that they search the Scriptures diligently to learn about gaining righteousness through the law and the law points to Christ. For the Old Testament law to point “to” Christ, that would mean it’s ahead of me. Which in turn would mean that I’m “behind” what I’m pointing to. Thus, the hinder parts of Christ would be none other than, the law.

Who Was the Seed of the Serpent Again?
I’ve touched on this in the past, but I’m not sure it was in this setting, but it’s very important that I include it in right here for you to see the connection to what I’m saying. Remember the prophecy was about the seed of the woman bruising the head of the seed of the serpent. The two seeds. In the garden there are two predominant trees, here we are seeing 2 predominant seeds. It’s easy to see the seed of the woman here is speaking of Christ. The question is, who is the seed of the serpent?

To understand the answer to that, you need to have an understanding of the events that lead up to Christ bruising the head of the serpent. That took place at the cross. The question is, who killed him at the cross? Was it the Romans? It may have been a Roman soldier that pierced his side, but if you know anything about that entire experience, you also know that the Roman leadership did everything they could to avoid killing Jesus. It was the religious church that stirred up the people to call for the murder of Jesus. It was the religious church that ”planted the seed of death” into the people.

It was the religious church that took the form of the seed of the serpent. Not unbelievers, it was religious believers. What happened on Golgotha was the return of the two trees of the garden in the flesh. The tree of life hung upon the cross of sin. The tree of law stood by to make sure the tree of life was cut down. You can’t have two trees in the same garden. These two trees stood on the hill of Golgotha, which means skull hill, which is a spiritual picture of these two trees that originated in the spiritual garden of Eden are an image of what’s in the mind of all men.

Jhn 19:17
And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called [the place] of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha:

Calvary Is The Garden of Eden!!!
Here’s another spiritual picture of the cross for you. Jesus wasn’t alone when he died on that cross was he? No, there were two trees on either side of him. Another picture of the garden of Eden, we again see the two trees of life and law, the one thief condemned Jesus and mocked him along with the very people that were killing him also, that’s the picture of the tree of knowledge, even as he died, he tried using the very words of Scripture against Jesus. while the other thief repented and received eternal life, he completed the picture of the tree of life.

And just like in the garden of Eden, between the two trees, a river flowed out and divided into 4. Jesus is the river and he poured himself out to all men. The Son of God became the son of man, so that the sons of men could become the Sons of God. From the Spirit of God, righteousness flows out into our earthiness. Our righteousness is as filthy rags, but it’s not our righteousness that brings us redemption, nor is it our righteousness that gives us entrance into the realm of the garden of Eden where life resides. It’s not by how much knowledge about Jesus or by your attendance or faithfulness in your tithes and offerings.

All of those things are things that God establishes in all of us, but none of those things are what gives you your righteousness. Righteousness is an already established spiritual state that you enter into. You don’t create righteousness just as you don’t create salvation. You simply step into what God has already done.

Colossians 2
You don't need a telescope, a microscope, or a horoscope to realize the fullness of Christ, and the emptiness of the universe without him. When you come to him, that fullness comes together for you, too. His power extends over everything.
11-15 Entering into this fullness is not something you figure out or achieve. It's not a matter of being circumcised or keeping a long list of laws. No, you're already in—insiders—not through some secretive initiation rite but rather through what Christ has already gone through for you, destroying the power of sin. If it's an initiation ritual you're after, you've already been through it by submitting to baptism. Going under the water was a burial of your old life; coming up out of it was a resurrection, God raising you from the dead as he did Christ. When you were stuck in your old sin-dead life, you were incapable of responding to God. God brought you alive—right along with Christ! Think of it! All sins forgiven, the slate wiped clean, that old arrest warrant canceled and nailed to Christ's cross. He stripped all the spiritual tyrants in the universe of their sham authority at the Cross and marched them naked through the streets
. (Bruise the head of the seed of the serpent)

16-17So don't put up with anyone pressuring you in details of diet, worship services, or holy days. ALL THOSE THINGS ARE MERE SHADOWS CAST BEFORE WHAT WAS TO COME; THE SUBSTANCE IS CHRIST. 18-19Don't tolerate people who try to run your life, ordering you to bow and scrape, insisting that you join their obsession with angels and that you seek out visions. (origin of rapture theory) They're a lot of hot air, that's all they are. They're completely out of touch with the source of life, Christ, who puts us together in one piece, whose very breath and blood flow through us. He is the Head and we are the body. We can grow up healthy in God only as he nourishes us.

KJV
18Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, 19And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

20-23So, then, if with Christ you've put all that pretentious and infantile religion behind you, why do you let yourselves be bullied by it? "Don't touch this! Don't taste that! Don't go near this!" Do you think things that are here today and gone tomorrow are worth that kind of attention? Such things sound impressive if said in a deep enough voice. They even give the illusion of being pious and humble and ascetic. But they're just another way of showing off, making yourselves look important.

KJV
6As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7 Rooted and built up in him, and established in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power

Back to the Garden and the Cross
The ultimate picture of the river in the Garden of Eden is what happened on the cross. I used to think the tree of life is Christ, and in a sense I still do, but when looking at the cross, it’s easy to see that the tree of life is not what’s flowing through the entire garden, it’s the river of life. The tree is full of life because it’s roots are in the river!!! The tree of knowledge is of law because it’s roots are in the carnality and traditions of men.

What’s the difference? The difference is, trees represent men, river represents spirit. And if you put the emphasis on the wrong picture, you miss the door to all of it. Many are standing outside looking through spiritual windows claiming they’ve walked through a door into the realm of God. But the truth is, they can’t find the door because they’ve allowed their minds to lead them off the narrow road that leads into the garden in the first place.

We’re All Trees of Life
So in this case, it’s important to understand that the tree of life is a tree with life because it’s roots are drawing that life from the river that flows through the garden. This again shows that in all of us (trees) that we all have the ability to choose to eat either from our own knowledge, or from faith in God’s knowledge. Keep in mind, the serpent was not “in” the tree of life, but only in the tree of “knowledge”. The tree of life is a picture of your spirit, the tree of knowledge is a picture of your mind. We see this all through Revelation as well, the voice of the serpent flourishes in the mind of the flesh. (eating dust)

Gen 3:14
And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou [art] cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life

Upon thy belly . . .it’s definition that refers to the belly of a reptile comes from the root of a Hebrew word that means “bent,” or “twisted” how fitting. But it’s the dust I’m wanting to touch on here. God is not cursing all natural snakes, God is prophesying the spiritual reality that this serpent, which we all know clearly is Satan, he will move from one place to another, from one person to another, only by way of bending and twisting, manipulating truth in order to make progress of his own choosing.

Spiritual Dusting
Upon his belly he shall go and dust shall be his food . ..what is dust? What was man made from? Satan will feast upon the flesh of men. We are what he thrives on, our carnal minds, our natural way of life is his kitchen. All the days, as long as he lives, the carnality of man will be his menu.

Job 30:19
He hath cast me into the mire, and I am become like dust and ashes

Psa 44:25
For our soul is bowed down to the dust: our belly cleaveth unto the earth.

Psa 103:14
For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we [are] dust

Ecc 12:7
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Isa 65:25
The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust [shall be] the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

We are waiting for Isaiah 65 to happen in the flesh, which I’m not so sure it will because it’s not a picture of the natural realm, but it’s a picture of a spiritual realm. It’s a picture of the return of the garden of Eden to it’s rightful place. The reason this earth is what it is, is because the original man chose natural over spiritual. As a result, the man was driven out of the spiritual, and put into the natural. The natural earth is now dominant, it’s what’s the most evident all around us, and the reason for that is because the order of God has not yet been returned to it’s original state The work needed to be done has all been done, but the completion of all things won’t happen until this realm has finished following God's plan. Spiritual is finished. Natural is bound to the restrictions of time and space.

Just as the spiritual realm is difficult to grasp now because we’re living in the natural realm, when all things are completed, it will be the spiritual realm that will be the most dominant and the soulish or the natural earth will be invisible to our spiritual states.. The key is that even though the natural realm in which we live has not yet been reversed, in the spiritual realm it has. (Thy Kingdom come on earth “as it is” in heaven) It happened 2,000 years ago in the natural and even before that in the spiritual. The curse was reversed then, and it ‘s reversed now. But it won’t be reversed in those who continue to walk in the natural realm. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, as long as we live within the boundaries of our natural mindsets, we’ll always be at enmity with this entire picture of spiritual reality. In short, Isaiah 65 has already happened, in the spirit!

The reason why so many of us can’t seem to stop struggling with our daily lives is because as long as you are making decisions according to your natural logic, as long as you are walking in the flesh, you are bait for satan. Carnality will consume you because in the natural, you are the dust of the earth that satan lives on. When you find your place in the spirit, you regain the dominion over spiritual things that God originally gave Adam before the fall. As long as you continue focusing on your natural life and natural pains and natural conversations and worries, you will continue being the victim.

Is that “why” we should walk in the spirit? Just because we don’t want to be lunch if we get caught (when we get caught) walking in the flesh? This is not to emphasize that carnality has all the power, it doesn't. It’s just to raise the awareness as to why so many people struggle so much every day of their lives. I don’t want to be saved because I’m afraid to go to hell, that’s not why Jesus came. The reason I’m saved is because I’ve fallen in love with him, fear has nothing to do with it.

The real reason we need to walk in the Spirit is because that’s where God resides. If I’m living in the flesh, the only way he can communicate to me is through sending signs in my realm to call me into his. But if I’m already in the spirit, I don’t need to see natural signs because I can hear his voice in the spirit. The purpose for walking in the spirit with God is solely for the purpose of intimacy. It’s where we can talk, one on one. No distractions, no struggles, no bondages, just pure, unadulterated, relationship. “Abba Father.” In fact, the relationship doesn’t necessarily have to be constant verbalizing. The Holy Spirit talks through us to the Father through groanings . . .Romans speaks to this phenomena.

This spiritual communication is where his kingdom is built, on the revelation of who he is. The intimacy is that he reveals himself only to those who have eyes that can see, ears that can hear. Walking in the spirit is not something your mind can program your body to do, it’s a dimension you simply enter into by faith and a willing heart.

Romans 8
1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 5For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. 12Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Draw Me Close to You . . .
I’m putting all that in big black boxes (previous to this passage of Scripture because it’s really shaking me up inside my own spirit. But the thought continues on in that we even look at the milestones in our lives according to natural things that happened to us. It’s not that we’re ungodly, but it’s that the light of revelation of the spiritual life that has never really been illuminated to us before. And the only reason it’s being illuminated now is because God has progressively brought us to this point. This is his way of bringing us closer to him.

The reason why God couldn’t show his face to Moses is the same reason why God couldn’t pour all of this out on us earlier. It’s a spiritual revelation to a natural mind that can’t mix. I’m sure Moses understanding of God’s glory was not an accurate assumption of God’s true glory. If he knew the accurate account of God, he wouldn’t have asked such a request. As it was, I can just imagine that when God did show Moses his back-parts, that Moses wasn’t expecting to see such a great revelation as the origin of the natural man. Moses did see where we started from and also saw why we are the way we are.

As long as man continues to choose living by the tree of knowledge, the earth and everything in it will continue to be dominated by the natural realm as well. What breaks that natural dominance over man, is man’s repentance from the natural and fixing his attention on the things of the spiritual. Once that happens, hang on to your seat!

Christ is the Illuminator
Interestingly, if Moses didn’t see and record the back-parts of God that had been revealed to him while standing on that rock next to God, then we wouldn’t be able to use and see the very truths that God is revealing to us right here and now through the Garden of Eden in the first place. Just as Jacob never would have seen the ladder of revelation between heaven and earth until he laid his head upon “the” rock, Moses never would have been able to see the hinder-parts of God pass by unless he “stood on the rock next to God”. It’s all about Christ. He is the gate into the garden, into the realm of the spirit. But until we make that transition, our natural understanding will always be in conflict with the spirit of truth.

Rom 8:7
Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

The seed of the serpent is always at enmity with the seed of the woman. Just as we saw the religious leaders were actually the ones that were influenced by the seed of the serpent, the same can be said of every natural mind that exists, is also the seed of the serpent.

I don’t say that to offend you, but to awaken you. It’s a huge key to unlocking those chains that satan loves to bind the people of God in. The chains of the natural mind. Didn’t God make Adam with a soul? Of course he did, Then how can something God created, and blessed, now be so terrible? Because we were born into the first Adam, the fallen nature is inbred in us, it’s in our DNA. But if we’re born again, doesn’t that remove the curse? Yes it does, but it doesn’t eliminate it, it just breaks the hold it has on you. Your natural mind is not supposed to be what dominates your personality. It’s your spirit. Salvation simply brings your soul and spirit back into proper alignment. But the soul in and of itself, is always in a fallen state, experiencing the process of spiritual perfection that won’t be fully reached until the return of Christ who is the author, and just as importantly, the finisher of our faith.

Ephesians 2
13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; (makes the connection between flesh and religious mindsets) for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow-citizens with the saints, and of the household of God; (In my Father’s house are many mansions . . .a picture of a wedding) 20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

13Now because of Christ—dying that death, shedding that blood—you who were once out of it altogether are in on everything 14-15The Messiah has made things up between us so that we're now together on this, both non-Jewish outsiders and Jewish insiders. He tore down the wall we used to keep each other at a distance. He repealed the law code that had become so clogged with fine print and footnotes that it hindered more than it helped. Then he started over. Instead of continuing with two groups of people separated by centuries of animosity and suspicion, he created a new kind of human being, a fresh start for everybody. 16-18Christ brought us together through his death on the cross. The Cross got us to embrace, and that was the end of the hostility. Christ came and preached peace to you outsiders and peace to us insiders. He treated us as equals, and so made us equals. Through him we both share the same Spirit and have equal access to the Father.
19-22That's plain enough, isn't it? You're no longer wandering exiles. This kingdom of faith is now your home country. You're no longer strangers or outsiders. You belong here, with as much right to the name Christian as anyone. God is building a home. He's using us all—irrespective of how we got here—in what he is building. He used the apostles and prophets for the foundation. Now he's using you, fitting you in brick by brick, stone by stone, with Christ Jesus as the cornerstone that holds all the parts together. We see it taking shape day after day—a holy temple built by God, all of us built into it, a temple in which God is quite at home.

It’s all Spiritual
Everything I’ve just elaborated on and everything that Ephesians is elaborating on is all a spiritual truth. We are not literal trees, trees are used as a universal language. That’s why spiritual truth is illustrated with natural pictures. They cross the boundaries of man’s limited ability to communicate. God communicates to us through pictures we can relate to, then he revelates to us the spiritual truth that the pictures represent. The garden of Eden is not a natural place, but a picture of a spiritual one. Jesus is the gate leading into the spiritual realm of the garden, or of God.

I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one can come to the Father except through me.

Matthew 7
13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

In verses 18 and 22 of Ephesians 2 it’s clearly telling us that all these things that God is trying to show us, is a spiritual reality that affects our natural realm. You want to have freedom from sickness and disease? Pursue the gate that leads into the Garden of Eden, not only is there no sickness in the realm of God, but the trees will have healing in their leaves. (Word study for leaves at the end)

3 Tape 3 Part 3 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:05 pm

cross-eyed

John 10
1-5 "Let me set this before you as plainly as I can. If a person climbs over or through the fence of a sheep pen instead of going through the gate, you know he's up to no good—a sheep rustler! The shepherd walks right up to the gate. The gatekeeper opens the gate to him and the sheep recognize his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he gets them all out, he leads them and they follow because they are familiar with his voice. They won't follow a stranger's voice but will scatter because they aren't used to the sound of it."
6-10 Jesus told this simple story, but they had no idea what he was talking about. So he tried again. "I'll be explicit, then. I am the Gate for the sheep. All those others are up to no good—sheep stealers, every one of them. But the sheep didn't listen to them. I am the Gate. Anyone who goes through me will be cared for—will freely go in and out, and find pasture. A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of.
11-13" I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd puts the sheep before himself, sacrifices himself if necessary. A hired man is not a real shepherd. The sheep mean nothing to him. He sees a wolf come and runs for it, leaving the sheep to be ravaged and scattered by the wolf. He's only in it for the money. The sheep don't matter to him.
14-18 "I am the Good Shepherd. I know my own sheep and my own sheep know me. In the same way, the Father knows me and I know the Father. I put the sheep before myself, sacrificing myself if necessary. You need to know that I have other sheep in addition to those in this pen. I need to gather and bring them, too. (Jew and Gentile coming together) They'll also recognize my voice. Then it will be one flock, one Shepherd. This is why the Father loves me: because I freely lay down my life. And so I am free to take it up again. No one takes it from me. I lay it down of my own free will. I have the right to lay it down; I also have the right to take it up again. I received this authority personally from my Father."
19-21 This kind of talk caused another split in the Jewish ranks. A lot of them were saying, "He's crazy, a maniac—out of his head completely. Why bother listening to him?" But others weren't so sure: "These aren't the words of a crazy man. Can a 'maniac' open blind eyes?"

Revelation 22
1And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: 4And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. 5And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

1-5 Then the Angel showed me Water-of-Life River, crystal bright. It flowed from the Throne of God and the Lamb, right down the middle of the street. The Tree of Life was planted on each side of the River, producing twelve kinds of fruit, a ripe fruit each month. The leaves of the Tree are for healing the nations. Never again will anything be cursed. The Throne of God and of the Lamb is at the center. His servants will offer God service—worshiping, they'll look on his face, their foreheads mirroring God. Never again will there be any night. No one will need lamplight or sunlight. The shining of God, the Master, is all the light anyone needs. And they will rule with him age after age after age.

Satan Bruised His Heel
Satan used the heel of the seed of life. . .he used the hinder parts of Jesus. . .he used the law, the very thing that pointed to Christ, and he used it to kill him. . .but only for a little while. He bruised, he lied in wait for his opportune moment, the heel, the law, the very thing that symbolized the pattern of Jesus in the Old Covenant, he perverted it in an attempt to bring Jesus to a defeat.

John 5
39-40"You have your heads in your Bibles constantly because you think you'll find eternal life there. But you miss the forest for the trees. These Scriptures are all about me! And here I am, standing right before you, and you aren't willing to receive from me the life you say you want.

39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life KJV

So, Satan is lying in wait to seize upon the law and use it against Christ. Bruising his heel is seizing upon the hinder parts, the history that points to Christ. Jesus even uses this picture when speaking of Judas.

John 13:18
I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me.

Psalms 41:9
9Even my close friend in whom I trusted, Who ate my bread, Has lifted up his heel against me.

Genesis 3
16Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow (pain, labor, toil) and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule (exercise dominion) over thee. 17And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow (pain, labor, toil) shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; 18Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; (as opposed to the fruit of the trees in the garden) 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. (The food of Satan) 20And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living. 21Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them. (They are still in the garden, still in a spiritual state) 22And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: 23Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. 24So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

(To keep the way of the tree of life, the cherubim were gate-keepers of the spiritual realm, that is where the life is, in the spirit) (It’s the same picture that we see that makes up the mercy seat, they are assigned to the threshold leading into the realm of the Spirit.)

What’s it Mean to Desire After Someone?
For a woman to desire after her husband . . .one of the toughest things in marriage is dealing with the role of who’s in charge. Even now today, that is still a sensitive area even with the most devout men and women of the faith. There are always those who enforce the extremes and take that “rule over thee” in verse 16 to mean that man is the enforcer over the woman. The other extreme is that man doesn’t want to confront the woman at all and just puts up with her dominance. Neither are healthy.

When we all understand that this is all, the entire story here, is a spiritual picture it will be much clearer as to what is actually transpiring here. The man is a spiritual picture of your spirit and the woman is a spiritual picture of your soul, the tree of knowledge is the same picture as the woman, it’s a picture of your soul, your mind, that’s why it’s a tree of “knowledge”. The tree of life is the eternal person inside you, it’s your spirit. And the reason why they fell was because Satan got into their mind with his cunning ways and he tempted them with the idea of usurping their authority through an increased level of knowledge and they chose their ability to know over there ability to live by faith.

It’s a Constant Battle, My Soul Warring With My Spirit
They let their soul lead their spirit. When God told the woman she shall desire after her husband, that didn’t mean that she would just want a man, but that she would want to have, to own, to control the man, that’s why he followed that statement up immediately by saying, “And he shall rule over you.” The soul is always trying to control what the spirit is doing. It happens in church every day. Congregations want to control and govern the direction of the Pastors and leadership. Students want to control the direction and content of the teachers. And as long as they succeed, there’s no room in the garden for them. They may have fruit, but it won’t be spiritually edible, it’ll be sour and bitter because it was watered with soulish intentions.

The only passage available to gain access into the spiritual realm is through godly order. If you’re out of order, your out of the spirit. Again, I’ve hit this so many times and I’m going to hit it once more, it’s what Paul talks about in Romans where his flesh argues with his spirit on a constant basis. A constant warring battle going on inside you all the time. Your flesh wants one thing and your spirit is being pulled toward something else. Your soul desires after your spirit. It longs to have that control.

Both men and woman alike would have much more peaceful homes if they got a hold of this. It’s not about enforcing, it’s about functioning in the proper alignment. Yes, the man is the priest of his home, but the minute you force your wife into submission to it, you’ve already messed up. Submission is something she has to give you willingly, it’s not something you can just claim or enforce. That’s called control and bondage. Women, willingly give it up. Don’t argue about it, if you truly want the alignment of God in your life, submit to your husbands and stop trying to always tell them what to do on every matter.

Husbands, remember, if you force this on your wife, you are spiritually raping her. It can’t be forced. If it’s not happening, going to her and telling her how wrong she is won’t fix anything. You want her to open up and willingly let you lead? Then love on her. Don’t love her and look for an immediate change, or even a gradual one. Just love on her and let God take it from there. Love your wife as Christ loved the church. He prayed daily for his bride. His prayers consisted of things like unity . . .let them be one with me as I am one with You. . . If both the husband and wife are in proper alignment with God, then their house and home will also be in order, it’s really that simple.

When judgment was handed down, Adam and Eve were removed from their spiritual origin, and moved from the garden where there was one river, and set in the natural realm, where there are four rivers. Four is the number for natural life. From that time to the cross, the garden of Eden was closed to man. There would be a prophet, from time to time, that God would show glimpses of his realm, but they couldn’t stay there. Enoch and Elijah were the only two natural men who crossed through the east gates of Eden and never returned.

What’s In A Crown?
The ground was cursed and even though Adam would till the ground, it would still produce thorns and thistles. The ground is a picture of your natural state. No matter how much effort you put into your works, there will still be spiritual thorns growing out of them . .why? Because you’re laboring in the natural when you should be resting in the spiritual. Adam and Eve both started out in the garden of delight. There was no work, no sweating, no eating of the fields. There was no tilling or toiling. No planting or pruning. But after the fall, the rest of the spiritual realm, the ability to rest, was removed from them.

Sweating It Out
When it speaks of sweat from Adam’s face, he would eat in the sweat of his face. What a spiritual picture that is. It’s a picture of me as an individual, it’s a picture of us as a corporate bride. We work up a sweat to cultivate what we call spiritual manna of God when in reality, it’s not a spiritual food at all, it’s a seed of the field that we ourselves cultivated. We eat from the field of our works instead of from the fruit of the trees. That’s the difference between eating fruit from a tree and eating from the herbs of the field.

The difference is, in Revelation 6 he’s wearing a crown of thorns. Look up the word, it’s the same as John 19.

Rev. 6:2
And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer

Crown = stephanos which means to twine or wreathe. It’s depicted as a head ornament, given to the winner of a race. Ever picture the cross as a finish line at the end of a race? It is finished!

END OF EDIT

Why did he have to wear a crown of thorns?
Because part of the curse of Adam in the garden was that he would eat from the sweat of his . . .brow. Why is he going to eat from the sweat of his brow? He doesn’t mention anything about sweating from his arm pits, he mentions sweating from his . . .brow because he had eaten from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. His brain is always working, working, working. You can lay down tonight and go to sleep and go into a coma, but you’re brain is working, working, working, because it’s still under the curse of the sweat of Adam.

Your brain produces sweat. And he says from the ground . .the ground will produce thorns and thistles. But the Last Adam took a crown of thorns upon his head and sweat great drops of blood!! So I don’t have to sweat it anymore. Some of you think that I’m just a raving maniac preacher, but you need to understand, this thing that has caused me to understand the rest of God has caused me after 20 years of ministry, to get to the place where I don’t care if all hell is breaking loose around me in the church, or anywhere else, I’m going to go home at night and go to sleep, wake up the next morning in the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Don’t Sweat It.
You can stop sweating about your business, stop sweating about your marriage, and stop sweating about your children, if you get that crown of thorns off your head and understand that he’s already taken a crown of thorns for you. “Does that mean that I’m just going to be irresponsible and go through life oblivious?” No, once you get that crown down off your head, you’re going to get your head anointed with FRESH, OIL! Some fresh wisdom from God where you stop thinking like men do and stop navigating through situations with the natural mind, and start thinking with the heavenly oil, the wisdom that comes from above.

Editor’s Note
But after Christ, that gate was opened once again to men, but even now, only those who walk in the spirit can pass through the gates. If we’re clinging to our natural understanding of God and religion, the gates remain closed to us. Paul refers to these gates as veils. The veil between the holy place and the most holy place is a picture of the gates of Eden. Eden is that place of rest that the author of Hebrews speaks of in chapter 4. Paul states that we now can go boldly to God’s throne because of the work that Jesus accomplished on the cross.

Isaiah 65
17-25"Pay close attention now. I'm creating new heavens and a new earth. All the earlier troubles, chaos, and pain are things of the past, to be forgotten. Look ahead with joy. Anticipate what I'm creating: I'll create Jerusalem as sheer joy, create my people as pure delight. I'll take joy in Jerusalem, take delight in my people: No more sounds of weeping in the city, no cries of anguish; No more babies dying in the cradle, or old people who don't enjoy a full lifetime;
One-hundredth birthdays will be considered normal— anything less will seem like a cheat.
They'll build houses and move in. They'll plant fields and eat what they grow. No more building a house that some outsider takes over, No more planting fields that some enemy confiscates,
For my people will be as long-lived as trees, my chosen ones will have satisfaction in their work. They won't work and have nothing come of it, they won't have children snatched out from under them.
For they themselves are plantings blessed by God, with their children and grandchildren likewise God-blessed. Before they call out, I'll answer. Before they've finished speaking, I'll have heard.
Wolf and lamb will graze the same meadow, lion and ox eat straw from the same trough, but snakes—they'll get a diet of dirt! Neither animal nor human will hurt or kill anywhere on my Holy Mountain," says God.

Micah 7
17They shall lick the dust like a serpent, they shall move out of their holes like worms of the earth: they shall be afraid of the LORD our God, and shall fear because of thee. (Dominion over things that creepeth.)

Isaiah 3
3For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody

This is what Paul preaches about when referencing our ministry of reconciliation. Every area in our lives that’s become spiritual waste lands, wildernesses and deserts, God will return them to His garden of delight once again. The sweat will be completely wiped away forever.

2Cr 5:18 And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation

The last thing that happened in Genesis during the week of creation was what we’ve just looked at here. Dominion was given to man. Understanding that a day to the Lord is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day, and that we are at the close of the 6th day in or generation and at the threshold of the 7th, we are seeing that God is once again, giving us, the descendants of the last Adam, the dominion over all things and calling us to walk in the spirit which is where the liberty and freedom reside.

2Cr 3:17
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty.

This is why we say that we’re not human beings having spiritual experiences, we are spirit beings having human experiences. We originated in the garden of delight. But it was human nature that got us thrown out and into these temporary natural bodies. But as we saw in Isaiah, we’ll be back to stay for ever, it’s only a matter of time.

End of Edit

Soul is Not Immediately Saved
So when I’m born again, it happens in my spirit. I believe that probably before this series is over, that I will talk to you about the saving of the soul. Because it’s really, in all actuality, incorrect for us to say in biblical terminology for us to say when someone is born-again that their soul was saved. When they were born-again, they were made a new creation, their spirit was recreated, but their soul was not, in the blink of an eye, “saved”. The soul is in the process of being saved. That’s a lengthy teaching in and of itself.

That’s why we have to come back to this thing of a renewing of the mind until we get a righteous consciousness. Because the moment you were born again, you still had a lot of viruses in your spiritual computer. They’re still their. Hebrews 10:1 states

1For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect

The old plan was only a hint of the good things in the new plan. Since that old "law plan" wasn't complete in itself, it couldn't complete those who followed it. No matter how many sacrifices were offered year after year, they never added up to a complete solution

A lot of people shy away from the book of Hebrews because it is written in a lot of the Old Testament language. And what he’s talking about here in the opening verse, has to do with how the sacrificial system in the tabernacle of Moses really didn’t have substance, it was only a shadow. Otherwise they would not have had to come every year to offer sacrifices on the day of atonement. They would have been made “perfect”, or “complete”. The word perfect there doesn’t mean flawless, but instead it means complete.

2For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins

In other words, if what was done in the Old Testament system through the sacrifices that they brought continually every year, if that was sufficient to cleanse their conscience, then they wouldn’t had to keep doing it. It’s a conscience problem that we have. It’s been contaminated ever since the first man took of the tree of . . .”knowledge” of good and evil. In this same chapter, let’s look at verse 22

22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water

22 So let's do it—full of belief, confident that we're presentable inside and out. Let's keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps his word.

Sprinkled Hearts
Now what’s he talking about there? Is he suggesting that there’s some kind of religious ritual that we’re supposed to go through? No, that’s not what he’s talking about at all. Having our conscience sprinkled . . .whenever the priest on the day of atonement, among many things that he was required to do, whenever he would go in beyond the veil, into the Holy of Holies where the ark of the covenant was, where the manifest presence of God dwelled, he would take in there with him hyssop and a basin of blood. And he would sprinkle it seven times over the mercy seat, which is the same prescription for anyone who had leprosy which is also a type of sin.

The priest would sprinkle them seven times, why seven? Because the number seven speaks of perfection and completion. And he’s talking about having our conscience sprinkled and he refers to the high priest sprinkling the mercy seat. This whole concept is really important to grasp. When Namon was told by Elijah’s servant that he had to dip in the river, it was seven times. What was he being cleansed of? Leprosy.

What he’s talking about here in Hebrews is this, when we have the perfecting work done to our conscience, then the sin conscience will be removed from us and we will have the righteous consciousness that we’ve been talking about. Remember the passage we used earlier, as a man thinks in his heart, so is he. We’re struggling with this whole sin-consciousness thing, remember Scripture states not by works of righteousness which you have done, but according to his mercy he has saved you Titus 3:5. it’s a gift, not by righteousness, but according to mercy he has saved you.

You will deal for a long time getting your mind to accept this as truth. Some of us think this has to do with us getting to a point where we talk to ourselves and I think there’s value in that. The whole faith preaching issue talks about confession and there is great value in that because life and death are in the power of the tongue. James 3 talks about how the tongue, even though it’s the smallest member, it has the ability to set on fire the course of nature. He talks about the tongue being like kindling.

James 3
3Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body. 4Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth. 5Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
6And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell. 7For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind: 8But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison

1-2Don't be in any rush to become a teacher, my friends. Teaching is highly responsible work. Teachers are held to the strictest standards. And none of us is perfectly qualified. We get it wrong nearly every time we open our mouths. If you could find someone whose speech was perfectly true, you'd have a perfect person, in perfect control of life. 3-5A bit in the mouth of a horse controls the whole horse. A small rudder on a huge ship in the hands of a skilled captain sets a course in the face of the strongest winds. A word out of your mouth may seem of no account, but it can accomplish nearly anything—or destroy it! 5-6It only takes a spark, remember, to set off a forest fire. A careless or wrongly placed word out of your mouth can do that. By our speech we can ruin the world, turn harmony to chaos, throw mud on a reputation, send the whole world up in smoke and go up in smoke with it, smoke right from the pit of hell. 7-10This is scary: You can tame a tiger, but you can't tame a tongue—it's never been done. The tongue runs wild, a wanton killer. With our tongues we bless God our Father; with the same tongues we curse the very men and women he made in his image. Curses and blessings out of the same mouth!

Word’s Spark Wildfires
Whenever you start a fire with kindling, once the fire is blazing, you can’t find the source that started the fire because the kindling goes so fast and it sets to fire the bigger things. Can you see the spiritual connection to what I’m saying? All it takes is a little comment sometimes to set somebody off. It may have been an intentional fire and it may have been circumstantial. But the truth is still one little word will set into motion a flame that can go out of control in a hurry.

We have to learn how to speak these things. If I can affect your righteous consciousness, you start thinking this way, then you’ll start talking this way. No longer will you walk around saying . .well, I just blew it again, I’m just a worm, I’m not worthy, I’m a failure and a piece of junk . .it’s the way I’ve always been and I’ll just have to learn to accept it. You keep going down that road you’re setting on fire the course of nature. And the first thing you know, you’re going to be sucked down in that vortex that I mentioned earlier that you’ll never get out of.

He also refers to the tongue in James as the rudder of a ship. The rudder of a ship, in comparison to the size of the ship, it’s much smaller and insignificant, but you learn how do turn that rudder, you can move the whole ship. He uses one other metaphor in a bit for a horses mouth. A bit that you can put in the palm of your hand and only ways a pound or so, but when it’s applied to a horse’s mouth, and the horse stands fifteen hands high and weighs over 15 hundred pounds, you can make him stop on a dime and turn any direction you choose. All because of that little bit.

Hearing the Spiritual Word of God is the Origin of Faith
If we learn how to begin to speak these things . . .about ourselves. . .we need to come to a place where we believe it first. We have to get conscious of it and once we are aware of who we are in Christ, it will then become a part of our conversation. Faith comes by hearing, not having heard, but hearing the word of God. When God looks at you, he doesn’t see what you see about you. When God looks at you, he sees that your life is hid with Christ in him. And in him, Colossians 2 says, in him dwells the fullness of the godhead body and you are complete in him . .

Colossians 2
8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

So you may get in the car after some episode and look in your review mirror and you may want to rip the mirror off and throw it out the window because your own reflection disgusts you. I’m telling you I’ve been in the frame of mind many times. But when God looks at you, he doesn’t see that so you need to learn how to start saying what he sees about you. Easy to understand, maybe a little more harder to apply. This isn’t just me preaching a concept, I’m just trying to illuminate what Scripture has been preaching on it’s own all along.

Philemon 1:6
6That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus

Every Good Thing is In Me
How many of you want your faith to be more effectual? You just read the key right there. When you begin to acknowledge every good thing that is in you in Christ Jesus. Where are the good things? In you, in Christ Jesus. There are a lot of people that will say “that sounds like your just trying to teach people to be arrogant.” No, there’s a big difference between people being confident and people being arrogant. I’m confident in him. I’m not confident in my flesh, but I am confident in him. I am fully persuaded that what he started in me, he’s going to finish it. Even though sometimes I’m not doing very well, he’s going to finish it.

I am his workmanship.
You better be careful what you say about his workmanship. But the Bible says that you’re to work out your own salvation and in fear and trembling . . . yes, it does say that, but finish the rest of that verse out . .for it is God that works in you to will and to do his good pleasure

Philippians 2 King James
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure

12-13What I'm getting at, friends, is that you should simply keep on doing what you've done from the beginning. When I was living among you, you lived in responsive obedience. Now that I'm separated from you, keep it up. Better yet, redouble your efforts. Be energetic in your life of salvation, reverent and sensitive before God. That energy is God's energy, an energy deep within you, God himself willing and working at what will give him the most pleasure.

New Living Translation
12Dearest friends, you were always so careful to follow my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away you must be even more careful to put into action God's saving work in your lives, obeying God with deep reverence and fear. 13For God is working in you, giving you the desire to obey him and the power to do what pleases him

Hellfire Intimidators
How many preachers have you heard whose message was some brand of self-righteousness . . work out your own salvation in fear and trembling hallelujah-thank-you-Jesus . . .and they’re heaving and hollering and carrying on . . .you better live for God or hell will fall on you or you in it!!! . . They’re always dangling you over hell. They feel you need to just feel those flames licking you every once in a while. Isn’t it a shame that we have motivated people to come to Christ out of fear when Scripture says perfect love cast out all fear? Isn’t it a shame, I just think that if we just get this whole thing right then we’ll understand that people will be more attracted to Jesus than they were then, because of his love.

Love covers a multitude of sin, religion is always trying to expose the sin that love is to cover. So he says that the communication of our faith may become effectual by every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus. You’re going to have to learn to say what he says about you. And learn to think what he thinks about you.

I told you I was eventually going to talk about baptism and I will. But the passage we’re going to be looking at next in Romans 6 is eventually going to talk more about righteousness

Romans 6
1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Death By Force?
That’s pretty easy to understand right? If you’re dead to it, a dead man doesn’t respond does he? But you don’t understand you’re dead. If I’m dead to sin . .there sure seems to be a daily resurrection. . . no, see that’s what the problem is. Your spirit is willing but your flesh is weak. Your body still has sensitivity to these things and temptations and predispositions toward them. And it’s not going to come again as a result of you saying I’m just going to discipline myself . . you always have people that are trying to quit this and quit that, it’s not going to come that way.

Titus 2
11For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

What is it that causes you to live righteously? For the grace of God hath appeared to all men teaching them . .not self-will or self-discipline. Not your determination. Just as sure as you tell yourself ”I’m determined I’m not going to do that anymore . .´ you’ll find yourself doing it twice as much. It’s the grace of God that teaches you. See if you focus your mind on the grace of God, all of the sudden you’ll wake up one day and you’ll realize . .Hey, it’s not there anymore . . .but the harder you try not to do it, then guess what? The more you’ll do it.

Romans 6

2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Destroying the Body of Sin
That’s interesting to me, that the body of sin might be destroyed . .you know what he’s drawing from? He’s drawing from an image in the Old Testament of when ever they would take the sacrificial animal out to the altar there in the outer court, there was a fire that would burn there constantly. And it would burn that carcass until it would turn it into ash. Nothing of that animal survived the judgment of that fire. What Paul is trying to get us to see here is that sin-consciousness, not always seeing the old man, but being aware of the new man is to understand that really, in all actuality from God’s viewpoint, the old you didn’t survive the cross.

What happened to you in him on the cross didn’t make it. So why am I still having these struggles of living right? Because you haven’t been taught this way. I’m going to tell you why, because of all the teaching you’ve been through, you know what it’s like? It’s been like your whole life, you’ve been on this endless trip of exhuming a dead body. Can I be so graphic to say to you it’s necrophilia. You know what that is? It’s having sex with the dead. That’s pretty gross isn’t it. You know that exists? It’s romancing something that’s dead and gone. It’s you always digging up what you used to be and the devil is standing there with a shovel for when ever you’re willing to do it.

The first time you have a condemning thought or something has come to you from your past, you start digging it up. That’s right, that’s what I was, let’s just dig it up. Let’s just get it all out. And you just keep digging and digging it up. Digging up what? The old man right? You just keep digging up the old man. But he said the old man was destroyed. You keep digging up what you used to be and it’s easy to get some of your friends to sit down with you and help you do it, maybe some of you are even married to them.

Romans 6
7For he that is dead is freed from sin. 8Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: 9Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. 10For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. 11Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. 12Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 14For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Knowing, Reckoning, and Yielding to the Truth That You Are Righteous
In reading on through this passage you’ll find there are three things that have to happen. First you have to know this. Second you have to reckon it. That is not some southern term. Reckon is an accounting term. You have to know it, that’s what I’ve been trying to do, to get you to know it. Eventually you’re going to reckon it. And then the next thing that is going to happen is that you’re going to yield your members to righteousness. But you have to know it first. You have to become conscious of it.

Then you have to reckon it, you have to start seeing that you have the ability to draw on something because it’s in your account. Then you’ll start yielding your members to righteousness. See, I’m convinced that because we have sin-consciousness and not righteous consciousness that we don’t understand the riches of Christ. We really just don’t know that somebody died and left us their will. That’s probably the most powerful thing I’ve said tonight. Somebody died and left you something.

He’s already died, that’s right, and I’ve just been looking so forward to the coming of the Lord or when I die which ever comes first and when I go, I’m going to get everything that he died for . . . No, everything that he died for you can get it right now. You just have to reckon, you have to realize it’s in your account. Why aren’t you writing checks on it? It’d be like you getting a bank statement in the mail and you’re expecting it to say you have $500 in your account, but instead it says you have a $5,000,000 balance in your account. First thing you’d probably do is, you wouldn’t go out and buy a new car or a new house, you’d be calling the bank because you wouldn’t be able to believe that you have that much there. You’re going to reckon whether it’s true or not.

The Crux of the Matter
As soon as you find out that it’s true, for what ever reasons, secret inheritance perhaps, but once you realize it’s true, once you reckon that it’s so and the account is valid, and I’m telling you, the account is valid. Once you discover it’s valid, is that going to change the way you operate? You better believe it would. reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin . . . it’s time maybe, we realize that we are already dead to sin. The truth is, we definitely are, but many of us just don’t know it yet.

Word search for “like a tree”
Job 19:10
He hath destroyed me on every side, and I am gone: and mine hope hath he removed like a tree.
Psa 1:3
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Psa 37:35
I have seen the wicked in great power, and spreading himself like a green bay tree.

Psa 52:8
But I [am] like a green olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.

Psa 92:12
The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.

Sgs 7:7
This thy stature is like to a palm tree, and thy breasts to clusters [of grapes].

Jer 11:19
But I [was] like a lamb [or] an ox [that] is brought to the slaughter; and I knew not that they had devised devices against me, [saying], Let us destroy the tree with the fruit thereof, and let us cut him off from the land of the living, that his name may be no more remembered.

Hsa 14:8
Ephraim [shall say], What have I to do any more with idols? I have heard [him], and observed him: I [am] like a green fir tree. From me is thy fruit found.

Luk 13:19
It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.

Word study of “leaves”
Gen 3:7
And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they [were] naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

1Ki 6:34
And the two doors [were of] fir tree: the two leaves of the one door [were] folding, and the two leaves of the other door [were] folding.

Isa 6:13
But yet in it [shall be] a tenth, and [it] shall return, and shall be eaten: as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance [is] in them, when they cast [their leaves: so] the holy seed [shall be] the substance thereof.

Jer 36:23
And it came to pass, [that] when Jehudi had read three or four leaves, he cut it with the penknife, and cast [it] into the fire that [was] on the hearth, until all the roll was consumed in the fire that [was] on the hearth.

Eze 17:9
Say thou, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Shall it prosper? shall he not pull up the roots thereof, and cut off the fruit thereof, that it wither? it shall wither in all the leaves of her spring, even without great power or many people to pluck it up by the roots thereof.

Eze 41:24
And the doors had two leaves [apiece], two turning leaves; two [leaves] for the one door, and two leaves for the other [door].

Dan 4:12
The leaves thereof [were] fair, and the fruit thereof much, and in it [was] meat for all: the beasts of the field had shadow under it, and the fowls of the heaven dwelt in the boughs thereof, and all flesh was fed of it.

Dan 4:14
He cried aloud, and said thus, Hew down the tree, and cut off his branches, shake off his leaves, and scatter his fruit: let the beasts get away from under it, and the fowls from his branches:

Dan 4:21
Whose leaves [were] fair, and the fruit thereof much, and in it [was] meat for all; under which the beasts of the field dwelt, and upon whose branches the fowls of the heaven had their habitation:

Mat 21:19
And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.

Mat 24:32
Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer [is] nigh:

Mar 11:13
And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not [yet].

Mar 13:28
Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:

Rev 22:2
In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, [was there] the tree of life, which bare twelve [manner of] fruits, [and] yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree [were] for the healing of the nations.

Psalm 27
1 Light, space, zest— that's GOD! So, with him on my side I'm fearless, afraid of no one and nothing. 2 When vandal hordes ride down ready to eat me alive, Those bullies and toughs fall flat on their faces. 3 When besieged, I'm calm as a baby. When all hell breaks loose, I'm collected and cool. 4 I'm asking GOD for one thing, only one thing: To live with him in his house my whole life long. I'll contemplate his beauty; I'll study at his feet. 5 That's the only quiet, secure place in a noisy world, The perfect getaway, far from the buzz of traffic. 6 God holds me head and shoulders above all who try to pull me down. I'm headed for his place to offer anthems that will raise the roof! Already I'm singing God-songs; I'm making music to GOD. 7-9 Listen, GOD, I'm calling at the top of my lungs: "Be good to me! Answer me!" When my heart whispered, "Seek God," my whole being replied, "I'm seeking him!" Don't hide from me now! 9-10 You've always been right there for me; don't turn your back on me now. Don't throw me out, don't abandon me; you've always kept the door open. My father and mother walked out and left me, but God took me in. 11-12 Point me down your highway, GOD; direct me along a well-lighted street; show my enemies whose side you're on. Don't throw me to the dogs, those liars who are out to get me, filling the air with their threats.
13-14 I'm sure now I'll see God's goodness in the exuberant earth. Stay with GOD! Take heart. Don't quit. I'll say it again: Stay with GOD.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum