APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daniel 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Daniel 10 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:02 pm

cross-eyed

1 In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a thing was revealed unto Daniel, whose name was called Belteshazzar; and the thing was true, but the time appointed was long: and he understood the thing, and had understanding of the vision.
2 In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.
4 And in the four and twentieth day of the first month, as I was by the side of the great river, which is Hiddekel;
5 Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz:

The setting of the stage. In the "third" year. He was fasting "three" weeks, he was again, setting beside yet another river . .this one was Hiddekel, meaning "rapid" but more importantly, this is the THIRD river listed of the four rivers that originated from the "one" river flowing out of Eden in Genesis.

I had no idea how often a river was connected to revelation. But when we realize who the river is . . is it any wonder? No wonder in Revelation it says "blessed are those who read and keep these prophecies" . . .they are flowing out of the river. Jesus stated that anyone who thirsts, come unto him and they will thirst no more, he told that to the woman at the well as well. So . . .when our eyes become opened to these truths that lie beneath the surface, much like in the natural realm, below all the dirt are rivers of living water, you just have to dig to it.

And then there's the fasting. This is an area where I personally have done quite a bit of in the past. But I haven't done it for quite a while now. It was part of my religious lifestyle. I'm not currently against it or anything, but when I came into the realization of what rest is, it kind of changed my drive to fast.

I understand it's intentions and purposes, I just personally haven't been as inclined to do it as I used to is all. But in this case, Daniel stopped eating pretty much anything with flavor. In essence, it shuts down paying "any" attention to natural desires. It doesn't need to be addressing evil or carnal lusts or anything, it's just clearing the slate of our flesh and spirit so to speak.

Another signpost here . . .Daniel once again lifted up his eyes. It's another indication of being ushered into an ascended place. When I think about rivers and lakes and such, it always intrigues me because it's actually a VISIBLE illustration of two totally separate realms. I can play in the river, but without natural assistance, (like, goggles, air tanks and such) I can't "see" in the river and even with it, I can't "live" in it for any length of time.

But yet it's thriving with life and the life in it can't survive in the realm of air "I" live in either. For me, the spirit realm is kinda like that. There's a natural realm and a spiritual realm . . .those of us in the natural can, while still in these bodies of flesh, cross over into the spiritual, but we never seem to be able to "remain" in that state for any length of time, not physically anyway. But whenever we get our "selves" near the river, messages of life begin flowing from the river into our beings. Life started with one river in the garden of Eden and it ends with a river in Revelation flowing out from the throne as does the tree of life itself. But that's another book for another time.

5 And I lifted mine eyes, and looked, and behold, there was a man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz.
6 His body also was like the Chrysolite, and his face (to look upon) like the lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet were like in color to polished brass, and the voice of his words was like the voice of a multitude.
7 And I Daniel alone saw the vision: for the men that were with me, saw not the vision: but a great fear fell upon them, so that they fled away and hid themselves.

As the psalm says, He leads me beside still waters . . .and from these waters comes pure revelation within the message God reveals his love for us on a personal level. He cherishes us, He's as enthralled in these intimate moments as we are.

Interesting that it describes his loins being girded up in fine gold . . .of Uphaz. What does a picture of loins in scripture represent? For me, it's speaking to the fact that the seeds of life that pour out of us, being girded up in gold . . .indicates the purification has taken place. We're to reproduce after our own kind, are we not? Gold = purity, "loins" = reproduction, thus this message coming to Daniel has been purified and will reproduce new life within the one the message is sent to . . .

He was clothed in linen, again, indicates Rest. Why? Because that's what the priests wore to signify when we minister to God, it's not through labor, through sweat, but it's a covering that "breathes" as does the Holy Spirit in us. We're not the ones laboring, it's the spirit of the Father in us doing his work, for his good pleasure.

His body was like Chrysolite, or Beryl. It's another precious stone, yellow in color . . .the definition of Chrysolite literally means "Breaking" or "subjection". Isn't "that" interesting. The body was in brokeness. And, submission. Another trademark nature of those living in the kingdom.

His face (identity) like lightning (revelation) with eyes of fire. Cross-eyed vision. Everything seen is through the purification of fire. There is no condemnation, just purification.

Arms and feet the color of polished brass. Polished = without blemish, reflective in nature, cleansed. The laver was overlaid with the brass mirrors of the women of Israel. When you looked into it, you saw your reflection, your identity was revealed. Brass speaks of judgment. Not in a negative sense, but in a "finished works" sense. We have all, already been judged . . .2000 years ago. There is no other judgment. All that's left now is the masses receiving the revelation of what their judgment is. It is finished.

His words were like a multitude. I've often wondered . . .like when I watch American Idol, what would happen if one of the contestants went to the platform in front of the judges, opened their mouth to sing and out came the sound of multiple voices. Wouldn't that be cool if you could sing as a quartet?? A voice of a multitude, to me it speaks of harmonic resonation of truth. It wasn't just crowd noise, it was a unified message, a "sound" of truth. If you spoke to me with a voice of a quartet, my knees would go out from under me as well!!

And THEN it hits home for me.

7 And I Daniel alone saw the vision: for the men that were with me, saw not the vision: but a great fear fell upon them, so that they fled away and hid themselves

This whole time, Daniel wasn't alone. They were ALL next to the river, but instead of the others being raptured up along with Daniel, they had the opposite response, they were filled with fear.

I wonder how many of you reading this have had your church friends and family get all serious on you and out of fear, try to convince you that you're off your rocker because of the things the river has poured into you as well? How they now avoid you, steer clear of you, keep themselves out of your sight because they "fear" the voice you've heard is one of the enemy. These were Daniel's friends and companions!!

There's only two ways to respond to the true word of the Lord, either embrace it with all of your being, or recoil from it in fear. Where do you suppose the source of that fear is coming from?

2 Re: Daniel 10 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:02 pm

cross-eyed

8 Therefore I was left alone, and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me: for my strength was turned in me into corruption, and I retained no power

It took me several tries to understand this. His strength was turned into corruption? The translation is called "1599 Geneva Bible". King James says the same thing. What does that mean?? How does my strength turn in me to corruption?

So I looked it up in the New Living Translation, an old favorite of mine, it made more sense to me.

8 So I was left there all alone to see this amazing vision. My strength left me, my face grew deathly pale, and I felt very weak

Whenever I go on these searches, I ALWAYS have to pull up the Message Translation, just because. It puts it like this:

Left alone after the appearance, abandoned by my friends, I went weak in the knees, the blood drained from my face.

I'm thinking the voice that sounds like a multitude didn't help matters any. But for those that can't comprehend that EVERY knee shall bow and EVERY tongue confess that Jesus is Lord . . .THIS is a perfect picture of exactly that. Every aspect of Daniel, his soul, spirit and flesh ALL reacted to this encounter in the same way. I guess you could even say if Daniel was ever divided leading up to this, when this encounter took place, his being immediately became "as one" and every part of him went into submission.

But scripture isn't done yet. It's going to put some serious emphasis on some things here. It's also going to become extremely symbolic.

9Yet heard I the voice of his words: and when I heard the voice of his words, I slept on my face, and my face was toward the ground

My face, my face . . .my blood drained from MY FACE . . I slept on MY FACE . . .MY FACE was turned toward the ground . . . Do you get the feeling that the Spirit is trying to point our attention toward whats going on with the face here?

What does my "face" represent? My identity. There is a transformation taking place within Daniel's identity. When we are birthed into the kingdom, what must first happen to "our" identity? Is there not a form of death taking place? This story isn't just about the fact that Daniel looked "as though" he were dead, it's a picture about the fact that IN ORDER (there's always an order) for Daniel to receive an inward revelation from the Father, there first must be an inward renewal "by" the Father.

Daniel's face is not only giving the appearance of death, but where is it facing? It's facing the ground, he's laying on his stomach, facing the ground. What is this to mean? It means that the identity of man is always earth-bound. It's carnal. Our bodies were created FROM THE DUST, things of the earth. That's our identity until we are reborn into the spirit . . .until then, we remain face-down . . .we are walking dead.

Face to the ground is not a sign of humility, it's acknowledging we are but dust. The act of that acknowledgment is where the humility lies. When David hit Goliath in the head, it states his face to hit the ground. Same picture. Carnal man's identity will always be bound to the things of the earth.

10 And behold, an [g]hand touched me, which set me up upon my knees, and upon the palms of mine hands

Ever been touched by the message that approaches you? It brings with it resurrection. It lifted Daniel up from his state of deadness. But we're not done yet. Daniel resurrected from his death all right, but that's only the first phase of the experience.

11 And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand in thy place: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had said this word unto me, I stood trembling.

In the message, the call to "ascend" enters into him and he "becomes" upright. "Now" the revelation can be released into his being. See the order? God doesn't take our relationship with him lightly anymore than he takes his words. His words are life, they are resurrection life, and as they come to us, they not only bring us resurrection, but they bring us ABUNDANT life as well. That's the miracle. That in this realm of death, we live in life in spite of it all.

3 Re: Daniel 10 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:03 pm

cross-eyed

12 Then he said, “Don’t be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven. I have come in answer to your prayer.

We've been trying to apply this to the being within us rather than learn about the history outside of us. In doing so, it's become quite evident to me that there is always an order inside us that must be in proper alignment. "Humble your "self". The moment . . .the INSTANT we come into that alignment, God begins to reveal himself. It's almost as if he can't wait for us to allow our alignment within to fall into his order so that he can begin flowing his truths, mysteries and revelations to us . . .to transform us into his image.

13 But for twenty-one days the spirit prince[c] of the kingdom of Persia blocked my way. Then Michael, one of the archangels,[d] came to help me, and I left him there with the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia.[e] 14 Now I am here to explain what will happen to your people in the future, for this vision concerns a time yet to come.”

Why "21" days? Why not 20? Why not 22? What's the significance? For me, it's the numbers that divide "into" the sum that make it significant. The number of resurrection (3) multiplied by the number of completion (7) brings you your own personal revelation from the Father. But what is it revealing?

The message on the surface is dealing with again, national leaders who will be ruling and in control of dominance which directly affects Israel as a nation. INWARDLY . . .God is revealing to each of us, characteristics within us that cause us strife, or "could" cause us strife if our mindset is not on the alert for infiltrations.

I want to also address the struggle going on that kept this messenger from reaching Daniel earlier. And in doing so, let it be known we're switching gears a bit here and going back to first dimensional thinking ... the literal aspects of what's going on.

This is what I was referring to earlier on in this study about how our ancestors in the church have taken passages like these and they've morphed them into an activity that is a bit off the main track. Here's the thing with me. What is happening here with this angel, in the literal sense, is not how the spirit realm works in our generation.

I believe what we've seen in the natural realm that the cross had a drastic affect on . . .such as the tearing of the veil, the earthquake, the resurrection of dead people, the darkness . . .the stone being rolled away . . .the whole nine yards. . .we can literally SEE the changes manifest due to what happened at the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. How much more so would the spiritual realm be significantly changed as well?

Where there was struggling with messengers of light against messengers of darkness before the cross . . .after the cross? Where two or more are gathered together . . .where any two come into agreement on any one thing . . .Everything has changed from what it once was. No longer do we need to pray until our knees are bruised, or blow a shofar to confuse the spirits, or throw salt on or around whatever we want deliverance over.

We see in the spirit the finished works of the cross, we release light into this realm, we bind the darkness . . .we move forward in Him. No invisible battles fighting over our heads . . .it's all come to the submission of the cross.

4 Re: Daniel 10 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:40 pm

Do you think angels were real in the first place? If so what do they do now?

5 Re: Daniel 10 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:06 pm

cross-eyed

I personally "do" believe they literally exist. I believe some are among us without us realizing it. I believe their main purpose is as their title describes, they are messengers with a message. I believe they work in harmony with the Holy Spirit in us. It's the "fallen angels" that I'm hesitant about. And I hesitate to even say "that" much because one can really get caught up in the tangible aspects that we get distracted from the spiritual principles that lie beneath or within the tangibles.

So when I read Scriptures . . .the messengers mentioned are within me . .. they are you speaking to me . . . they are one "with" the message of resurrection as are we. It just depends on which dimension you choose to embrace the most.

When Peter was led out of prison by an angel . . .did that literally happen by an actual angel? yes, I believe it did. But what's the message? That if I ever find myself in prison that I should keep a look out for an angel with a key?

Or . . .that within me, religion/carnality brings me into bondage, I'm still content with where I am, but there are bars around me from time to time because carnality is always attempting to imprison me, to control, to bind the message that has birthed within my being, and in my slumber, by God's grace, the message of freedom awakens me, resurrects me from the slumber and leads me out into freedom.

6 Re: Daniel 10 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:10 pm

cross-eyed

15 While he was speaking to me, I looked down at the ground, unable to say a word. 16 Then the one who looked like a man touched my lips, and I opened my mouth and began to speak. I said to the one standing in front of me, “I am filled with anguish because of the vision I have seen, my lord, and I am very weak. 17 How can someone like me, your servant, talk to you, my lord? My strength is gone, and I can hardly breathe.”

"I looked DOWN at the GROUND and couldn't speak". What do you suppose this is a picture of? Look at all of the positioning. What does the "ground" represent? Earth=earthiness=flesh. And what is the result of us focusing on the flesh? It restricts our ability to let anything of worth flow out. It freezes us up. It binds us.

Question . . .how did the angel (message) KNOW that Daniel was wanting to speak but could not? There's no mention of Daniel "signalling" to the angel, all the angel had to go on is the same thing we are reading. It's all about our BODY language. Nothing in Scripture is coincidental. Everything signifies something else.

"But I thought the bible is so simple a child could understand it." That's a churched claim that is inaccurate. The plan of salvation is simple . . Scripture is full of the MYSTERIES of the Father and are only revealed by his spirit in direct communication with our spirit, sparking a seed of faith within us to grow and reshape our own relationships with the Father as a result. It's not that it's "complicated" as much as it is "dimensional". Once we accept that, the ability to see comes much easier.

In case you haven't noticed, some things in Daniel seem to just flow out much easier than other things. The reason why I'm doing this is not because I want to have a forum where I talk and everyone else just reads or listens. I'm doing this because for one . . .I don't want to BLOW UP by not having some venue through which I can share what I see.

But more importantly, it's to show you that I don't have the answers to everything, that I may not always be right, but there are so many things that God is fitting together that being wrong isn't really in the same room either. I'm "growing". I may come back here in five years and have a completely clear take on all of this, and, I may not. But the point is, the patterns are in every book. And until we sit down and look for them we won't know what a heavenly "sound" sounds like when compared to religious noise. I want to be "real" with you guys. I believe with all my heart there is a GREATER message than what's written on the pages of my bible.

A message that triggers things in my subconscious that I'm not even aware of that unlocks rooms in my identity that have been hidden from me since my birth that will allow me to experience what an eagle goes through when it's putting no effort whatsoever in it's ability to travel. It just opens it's wings and the wind does the rest.

For me . . .that's what revelating does. And it's not just a gift for Nathan . . .that's really what I'm trying to say in all of this . . .this is in every one of us. I'm not unveiling anything, I'm just trying to put into words what I'm seeing in my spirit. My mind is trying to put stuff together and when it can't, I wrestle. And if I'm not careful, I'll trip myself up and get distracted all over again.

I've always put an extra effort in, when sharing the fact that if it's not what we've been taught, to take the next step and share what it "is". And I'm finding there are times when I KNOW it's not what we've been taught, but I can't clearly explain what is 'IS', I just know what it isn't.

Not sure how I ended up way over here . . .but let me finish out this passage before quitting. Because Daniel was focusing on the earth, he lost the ability to communicate with the angel . . .he was in the spirit, having a spiritual visitation, but the fact that he was focusing on the ground, he was not able to communicate in the spirit as a result. Is this hitting home with anyone?

No matter how much we think we're walking in the spirit, if our eyes are fixed on the ground, we lose our ability to speak into the spirit. It sucks the life out of us, it causes us to feel "unworthy". We think we're inadequate. In spite of this great encounter Daniel is having, he's lost his strength to carry on, he's lost his identity of who he is in God . . .he's crippled himself.

7 Re: Daniel 10 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:42 pm

cross-eyed

18 Then the one who looked like a man touched me again, and I felt my strength returning. 19 “Don’t be afraid,” he said, “for you are very precious to God. Peace! Be encouraged! Be strong!”

There is nothing greater than being touched by the message from God. The first thing his presence does is remove the fear from within. Once fear is out of the way, we become aware of how precious we are in the sight of our heavenly Father. I think we often forget how much he cherishes us.

Our minds are the source of our anxiety on every level. We believe the images it projects. We begin seeing ourselves from "our" perspective and it never ends well for us when we do that.

Remember when Daniel had his focus on the ground? And what element was used to create us? The same ground. Daniel was weakened by his own imagination even though he was in the very presence of God. May the message of the Father reach out and touch all of us, encouraging us and revealing to us the truth of who we are in him, giving us strength to be able to receive even deeper truths that God so desires to instill in us. Can ya feel it???

8 Re: Daniel 10 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:27 pm

cross-eyed

19 “Don’t be afraid,” he said, “for you are very precious to God. Peace! Be encouraged! Be strong!” As he spoke these words to me, I suddenly felt stronger and said to him, “Please speak to me, my lord, for you have strengthened me.”

20 He replied, “Do you know why I have come? Soon I must return to fight against the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia, and after that the spirit prince of the kingdom of Greece will come. 21 Meanwhile, I will tell you what is written in the Book of Truth. (No one helps me against these spirit princes except Michael, your spirit prince.

Interesting place to end a chapter but it is what it is. Without getting too distracted by the spirit princes of different kingdoms in the natural sense, I again believe, that this was the order of operations in the spirit realm "pre-cross" but again, that's just my personal opinion.

But to apply that inwardly again, the KINGDOM of heaven does not come by observation, but it is "within" you. There is a kingdom within us that consists of many things. In it's simplest form, you could narrow it down to two opposite forces between soul and spirit . . . life and death . . .spiritual and carnal . .. and only the Word of God in us can separate one from the other. We, of ourselves, with our own understanding can not accomplish this on our own.

I believe the church system has established programs and premises along these battlefronts to try to accomplish just that. Through them, we fight against alcohol addictions, drug addictions, sex addictions, marriage problems, demons, they cover it all. For me, you could say there's a "prince of darkness" over each of these topics . . and many more. But ALL OF THEM lead back to one thing . . .carnality in us.

And just like in the 1st dimension where I see the power of the cross broke the chain of command between the powers of darkness and the powers of light, I also believe the chain of command within us has been broken as well. Carnality has lost it's ability to imprison us and the power of the cross has given us back our true identity. That's why our final destination remains the same. It's finished.

We will manifest that freedom and life the moment we take captive the carnality within us through the power now available to us. It's a double-edge sword all right. On one edge, my life after the death of this one has been reinstated. And on the other edge, my life NOW has been reconciled as well. The only difference between then and now is the veil between my ears. Remove the veil and what I already have coming in the end will begin manifesting in my "now".

The book of truth . . . In Revelation it speaks about the books being opened. Paul tells us that all of us are epistles . . .we are books upon which God writes his affections, desires and nature upon. And because we are made in his image, it's not that big of a leap to take to see that "He" is his own epistle . . .John 1:1 even affirms this by saying that In the beginning was the word, the word was WITH God .and . . . I feel you're quoting this before you finish reading what I'm writing . . . the Word IS God.

He is the book of Life in Revelation, and he is the book of Truth here in Daniel. So I guess maybe this is a fitting way to end the chapter after all. He's about to reveal the book of truth to Daniel . . .God is about to give Daniel a Revelation of Jesus Christ.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum