APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inward Transformation versus Outward Cover-up

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Inward Transformation versus Outward Cover-up on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:43 am

cross-eyed

Here’s an analogy for you. Say we’re all transparent glasses full of water, which in a spiritual sense, we really are vessels built to house the Holy Spirit. But here’s the rule, all glasses that ARE saved, they give off a red color. In our Bibles, or operators manuals, it states that. By their fruits, you’ll know whether they’re my disciples. Those that are giving off a red color, (which is the fruit of my actions, giving off a red glow is my actions) are saved. Okay? Then in other places in the manual, it says, glasses that give off a red color tithe regularly, they don’t swear, they don’t commit adultery, on and on.

So, where we miss it is, we immediately emphasize the fruit of those that give off a red glow and we try to paint the outside of the glasses around us so that they appear red, especially our specific “shade” of red. How are we actually doing that? By telling everybody in order to be a Christian, you have to stop swearing, start tithing, attend a church pray at least once a day, etc IN ORDER TO BECOME RED. because the bible says, all red glasses are saved, right? No, that’s not what I had said, I said all glasses that give off a red color are saved.

Now wait a minute. If I’m a glass and I’m not red, how can I then give off a red color? See, that’s the whole point. I can’t “make” myself red. I only “become” red when I am saved. The thing that is giving off the red glow is not the glass, but it’s the change of my contents INSIDE the glass. Jesus transformed my life from water into wine.

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
cross-eyed wrote:Here’s an analogy for you. Say we’re all transparent glasses full of water, which in a spiritual sense, we really are vessels built to house the Holy Spirit. But here’s the rule, all glasses that ARE saved, they give off a red color. In our Bibles, or operators manuals, it states that. By their fruits, you’ll know whether they’re my disciples. Those that are giving off a red color, (which is the fruit of my actions, giving off a red glow is my actions) are saved. Okay? Then in other places in the manual, it says, glasses that give off a red color tithe regularly, they don’t swear, they don’t commit adultery, on and on.

So, where we miss it is, we immediately emphasize the fruit of those that give off a red glow and we try to paint the outside of the glasses around us so that they appear red, especially our specific “shade” of red. How are we actually doing that? By telling everybody in order to be a Christian, you have to stop swearing, start tithing, attend a church pray at least once a day, etc IN ORDER TO BECOME RED. because the bible says, all red glasses are saved, right? No, that’s not what I had said, I said all glasses that give off a red color are saved.

Now wait a minute. If I’m a glass and I’m not red, how can I then give off a red color? See, that’s the whole point. I can’t “make” myself red. I only “become” red when I am saved. The thing that is giving off the red glow is not the glass, but it’s the change of my contents INSIDE the glass. Jesus transformed my life from water into wine.

Nathan .... THAT for me was POWERFUL, and I know by what we have talked about in the past, how much that meant to me.

Thank you for that
Jugg

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

cross-eyed

Sweet!!
It's actually an excerpt from the end of the last entry I just posted today on the Revelation tape series. I did a sermon on this . . .had the visuals and everything. I found the timing a bit ironic because there were several topics it touched on that we've been discussing . . .doctrine of demons was another.

Very good analogy.

Rosered

I love it Nathan !
Its the presence of Jesus [red] within not the glass that changes , great analogy cherry

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
cross-eyed wrote:
The thing that is giving off the red glow is not the glass, but it’s the change of my contents INSIDE the glass. Jesus transformed my life from water into wine.

I had to add an addition thought that came to mind ...

We are .. who we are .. ONLY "because of" who HE is "in" us

I was talking to Scherryl one time about "water into wine" and what we saw it was ...

A transformation of His Spirit in us from .... that which quenches our thirst .. to .. that which influences our behavior ... that which influences who we become in Him.

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

7 Inward transformation on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:38 pm

srichard

Oh,Yes! herein you can tell the ONE TRUE GOD from

the false idol god. the TRUE GOD CARRIES MAN..

and man carries the idol.

cross-eyed

I like that one!!!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum