APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Doctrines of demons . . .

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: Doctrines of demons . . . on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:34 am

Rosered

I appreciate what you shared Jugg

the doctrines of and by demons being passed down to generations like a curse or something
I read Deut 28 and stayed in that for weeks many years ago and left feeling the Fear of the Lord was truly the begining of Wisdom , its a powerful chapter of blessing and cursing

from the Lords power , Like Nate says the LAW being the tree of knowledge of good and evil eaten /consumed and the seeds of their fruits being both good and evil mixed together and its the Lord who seperates , its not till the tree of Life is eaten / consumed , that we become truly Blessed good and perfect [complete]
There is so many things I do not understand , I have no idea what is going on ,
but I know God is in full control of everything Its His whole creation .

Nathan you said here ....
I'm really curious, and I totally respect all of your opinions and this isn't trying to change what you believe God has shown you on these matters . . .but if these demons are just that, and given the destruction they cause, why did Jesus never destroy them when he had the opportunities? When they were cast out of a person, he knew they'd eventually either return to the person or find another.

God loved us so much that he sent Jesus to save us from sin, but he left the demon population intact? I pray this doesn't sound disrespectful, I would really like to know how this is explained.

Great question ! I can only wonder too !! I know a fire is what destroys the bundled tares according to scripture

and the lake of fire is where they are cast into and tormented

and Peter called mans trials /tests fiery and God is a consuming/ eat devour destroy Fire........ Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

I dont know how to hyperlink

But this is very interesting to atleast try to discuss
[url=Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon ]Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon [/url]
Code:

27 Re: Doctrines of demons . . . on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:51 am

Y'Israel

Demons are spirits of error. You can compare them to the software of a computer. How fast and how far reaching a thought can go! Take nimrod for example. Even today what his mind conceived is alive in those who harbor the same disobedience.

28 Re: Doctrines of demons . . . on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:53 am

Rosered

cross-eyed wrote:Someone just posted this on face book . . .the irony of timing.

Just how far does the demon doctrine go?

http://www.salon.com/2013/02/26/pat_robertson_there_could_be_demons_attached_to_your_thrift_store_finds/
Could this be some

Fear mongering , to drum up buisness ?

Personally those kinds of fears dimish when you really trust IN God and you know He is within you close by near according to scripture Jam 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

When you focus on the Lord God with all your heart and strength , the first and greatest comand and second is like love your neighbour as yourself there is not room/place for anything else

I can honestly say that the Lord has answered many prayers and helped in so many ways i cannot deny Him at all

29 Re: Doctrines of demons . . . on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:04 am

Rosered

Y'Israel wrote:Demons are spirits of error. You can compare them to the software of a computer. How fast and how far reaching a thought can go! Take nimrod for example. Even today what his mind conceived is alive in those who harbor the same disobedience.

Hi YIsrael ,

Spirit of error the whole world is under the sway of according to 1john 4 1Jo 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error

One of the hardest things to do is describe with a crude human language in words I have found , examples being

what is a spirit?

holy things

demons ... etc
I did a study on the id and ego once because I had too ,
and wonder if the soul in the Bible is the same things ?
I have to many questions and not good answers for anyone
but I do have faith that God will make it perfect in His way and time

30 Re: Doctrines of demons . . . on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:24 am

Rosered

I read Nates first post and wanted to answer his faith thoughts and give some thoughts on what it means to me personally

faith is hoping Blindy going into it ,asking for Him to do it the way it will benefit everyone and waiting on the Lord to do it , I have seen God do some mighty works in this short time we are in and of the earth ,He is an Awesome God !

31 doctrines of demons on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:01 pm

srichard

I see them as nothing other then an evil contrast 'tool'

used of Father to provide the 'negative' portion of this

exercize of His children in good/evil

He teaches us both by positive and negative expierence.

when this exercize is over...and all the 'living stones"

are assembled /raised by Christ...there will be no

sound of a tool..heard in His temple assembly.

they offer the negative 'resistance' for us to overcome.

they are not 'living' things...and artificial intelligence to always resist is programmed in them..

they can give lying visions/dreams/inspire unclean

expressions etc. He,by His spirit will give us power to trample them...though without His spirit..they trample

man..for awhile. we are to rule over them'subject'

but as God to Cain..if we don't..it will be the other way

around...and that is not pleasant expierence,for the

can 'wreck' a man's life..and bring much suffering and evil

into it.

in Noah's day the balance of good/evil had becom so

off balance..that He decreased their numbers. and

we know Father's propensity to stack the deck against

His power..just to 'blow them away" see how He used few men

to overcome many.

they also put negative thoughts in a man's mind..to

be rebuked and brought unto subjection by Christ.

Handling the serpents is a 'power' those born from above

have authority to handle...and not be harmed...just as

the locust stings do not torment those sealed.

In time..soon..they will be a non issue..though

satan's wrath for his time is short and demonic maddness

on the earth appear to increase[as the days of Noah]

prior to His return.

32 Re: Doctrines of demons . . . on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:39 pm

Rosered

For me Jesus come to heal the sick
for me ,again this is mental illness , the afflicted

that are under guilt from sin , it is an unworthiness , we can never perfect the flesh , being flesh has not any thing to do with the Spiritual Kingdom of God , its more of actions to me and what motovates us to do what is right in the sight of God , I am remined of what Paul says in one place , that many dont know because of ignornance and that it is a shame
the shame part is where our nakedness or being exposed to God who can see though all the coverings
Christ is the true covering for sin and that is acceptable to God
I cannot see any other covering that works , but Jesus

Mat 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
Luk 9:2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.
Luk 10:9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

those things that offend must be burnt out of us as the fiery trials change us , and its a metaphorical burning out as the BIBLE describes as some take more literal in meaning

a tool is somthing used to make work easier to do , having the right tools for the job
and contrast being the opposite of
Light / dark
good /evil
day / night
help /harm
blind /see
lame / walk
heal / sick etc ..So I am trying to understnd with the ability the Lord granted in His grace for the time now at hand
Blessings in Jesus, to one and all .. Rose

33 Re: Doctrines of demons . . . on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:10 pm

cross-eyed

Nathan you said here ....
I'm really curious, and I totally respect all of your opinions and this isn't trying to change what you believe God has shown you on these matters . . .but if these demons are just that, and given the destruction they cause, why did Jesus never destroy them when he had the opportunities? When they were cast out of a person, he knew they'd eventually either return to the person or find another.

God loved us so much that he sent Jesus to save us from sin, but he left the demon population intact? I pray this doesn't sound disrespectful, I would really like to know how this is explained.

Great question ! I can only wonder too !! I know a fire is what destroys the bundled tares according to scripture

and the lake of fire is where they are cast into and tormented

and Peter called mans trials /tests fiery and God is a consuming/ eat devour destroy Fire........ Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

I dont know how to hyperlink

But this is very interesting to atleast try to discuss
[url=Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon ]Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon [/url]
Code:
[/quote]

1.Revelation 19:20
And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelation 20:10
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelaiton 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

4.Revelation 20:15
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

These are the ONLY times the lake of fire is ever mentioned in Scripture. The beast, false prophet, the devil, hell and death were all thrown in there . . .as well as those whose names were erased from the book of life.

In verse ten, "torture" is connected again with that of one testing the value of metals by using a "touchstone".

Also . . .the "day and night" part . . .considering the fact that it's only THIS REALM that measures time by days and nights, the idea that this is something happening in the spirit realm is a bit questionable. There is no sunlight in the spirit . . .only SONlight.

34 Re: Doctrines of demons . . . on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:22 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Good catch Nathan,
Also . . .the "day and night" part . . .considering the fact that it's only THIS REALM that measures time by days and nights, the idea that this is something happening in the spirit realm is a bit questionable. There is no sunlight in the spirit . . .only SONlight.

I noticed this a while back too....

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

35 Re: Doctrines of demons . . . on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:20 pm

Rosered

So you both agree that it is a NOW thing going on in our lives
not some thing to come
9I believe it is for some now and some it has happened and those it is yet to come Smile
for me the best way to describe these battles in the mind are the Holy Spirit is an energy , a force even ,that is so beautiful and bright bringing a calm ,that it does stop the negative energy in my mind and heart , it is something that over the years , we begin to recognize and helps us , rather than stay down in that sinking place of despair
That is the best way to describe it for me anyhoo ! Smile
I have let go of alot of influences that used to ''hold '' me captive by ''thoughts''
Have learned to avoid those places and people who do ''trap'' us into doing ill against Gods will , a place He desires to keep us safe in Him
I do want to thank you for speaking bout these things , its hard to discuss with just anyone really
Blessings to you and yours , always in the Lord

36 RE:DOCTRINES OF DEMONS on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:01 pm

ednamarie

FAITH TO ME IS KNOWING WITHOUT ANY DOUBT WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE OF ANY KIND THAT GOD/JESUS/THE HOLY SPIRIT/ AND THE THINGS WE SEE/PERCIEVE ARE GIVEN THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT HIS REVALATIONS IS ABSOLUTE , NOT NEEDING PROOF /EVIDENCE OF ANY KIND OTHER THAN THE WORD OF GOD ITSELF GIVEN US THROUGH HIS SPIRIT.THAT IS MY TAKE ON THE SUBJECT OF FAITH. AND ANOTHER NOTE ..... I MAY NOT COMMENT MUCH BUT I AM IN HERE LEARNING SO MUCH.I ONLY WISH I COULD ARTICULATE MORE ON HERE BUT MOST TIMES I BECOME VERY MUCH AT A LOSS OF THE WORDS NEEDED TO DO SO . WITH MANY BLESSINGS AND LOVE EDNA Very Happy

http://daddyswolfangel@yahoo.com

37 Re: Doctrines of demons . . . on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:23 pm

cross-eyed

I love the fact that TWICE you wrote "without evidence" because that's precisely what the religious crowd demands before they will accept what we try to share. They want EVIDENCE!! They want PROOF. If it's not written in Scripture, then it's not genuine Truth!! One guy even told me that without evidence, there is no faith . . .he got that from quoting the one passage they ALWAYS quote when you ask them what they see faith to be.

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for . . .the evidence of things unseen . . ."

I have no idea how he got evidence being the proof of faith. I tried to tell him faith doesn't require physical evidence . . .faith IS the evidence. What I "do" is result of what I "believe". If I don't have faith, I don't do anything, there's no motivation inside me to act on what I don't believe.

But then it reminds me, when your speaking to the "mind" of another, there is no ignition of life from the spark you give them due to the retardant that the mind of man is primarily made up of. . . ."self".

38 Re: Doctrines of demons . . . on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:32 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Rosered wrote: So you both agree that it is a NOW thing going on in our lives
not some thing to come
9I believe it is for some now and some it has happened and those it is yet to come Smile
for me the best way to describe these battles in the mind are the Holy Spirit is an energy , a force even ,that is so beautiful and bright bringing a calm ,that it does stop the negative energy in my mind and heart , it is something that over the years , we begin to recognize and helps us , rather than stay down in that sinking place of despair
That is the best way to describe it for me anyhoo ! Smile
I have let go of alot of influences that used to ''hold '' me captive by ''thoughts''
Have learned to avoid those places and people who do ''trap'' us into doing ill against Gods will , a place He desires to keep us safe in Him
I do want to thank you for speaking bout these things , its hard to discuss with just anyone really
Blessings to you and yours , always in the Lord

Hi Rose,

Yes, I believe that it is in this Realm of the Flesh that these things are happening now or at least for those that have been called to share in The Sufferings of Christ....this is the time we are to overcome...amen?

I will ask you a question that a dear Brother in Christ ask me one time that really got me to thinking...

Is a homosexual, still a homosexual after they leave this physical body? What about a murderer, or Catholic, protestant, American, African, Muslim, Jew,...etc...

Or has Christ and His Sacrifice on The Cross made us to become All equal in His sight to The Father....to the place of continual growth of The Seed within all of us?

I think that the question really comes down to is the Greater reward to be experienced while still on this side Jordan/death...or The next....think about that for a second...it is here and now that we need this Salvation the most where the flesh and division reigns..but how much easier would it be if there were no flesh to contend with? How much faster would be our awakening on the other side?
But at the same time how much reward would there be too if there were not as much to overcome? The Greater the suffering The Greater The Glory....Just look at The Suffering of Christ Himself and The Glory...of course that is in all dimensions and for all dimensions.

Of course this is all in His hands and His doing.....
I believe That Christ has made us all equal..but we don't see that through the eyes of the flesh...but only in the Spirit is this seen..

Just my two cents
Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

39 Re: Doctrines of demons . . . on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:49 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
cross-eyed wrote:I love the fact that TWICE you wrote "without evidence" because that's precisely what the religious crowd demands before they will accept what we try to share. They want EVIDENCE!! They want PROOF. If it's not written in Scripture, then it's not genuine Truth!! One guy even told me that without evidence, there is no faith . . .he got that from quoting the one passage they ALWAYS quote when you ask them what they see faith to be.

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for . . .the evidence of things unseen . . ."

I have no idea how he got evidence being the proof of faith. I tried to tell him faith doesn't require physical evidence . . .faith IS the evidence. What I "do" is result of what I "believe". If I don't have faith, I don't do anything, there's no motivation inside me to act on what I don't believe.

But then it reminds me, when your speaking to the "mind" of another, there is no ignition of life from the spark you give them due to the retardant that the mind of man is primarily made up of. . . ."self".

I too love this scripture...Look at the way it reads in other versions..

KJV
Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

CLV
Heb 11:1 Now faith is an assumption of what is being expected, a conviction concerning matters which are not being observed;"

EWB-CB
Heb 11:1 Now faith is the title-deed of things hoped for, the proof of things not seen.

YLV
Heb 11:1 And faith is of things hoped for a confidence, of matters not seen a conviction,

Substance..The real physical matter of which a person or thing consists (Example) DNA is the Substance of our Genes

My definition and understanding of it..
Real Faith, The faith of The Son of God,.. will call into a physical Manifestation, that which can only be seen though the eyes of The Spirit..

Blessings

40 Re: Doctrines of demons . . . on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:53 pm

cross-eyed

A couple things jump out to me on your response to Rose, Scherryl. . .one, as to the question about whether you're still gay . . .or a murderer or a cheat . . .I would say resoundingly NO! None of those things are characteristics of the nature of Christ, but instead, are directly connected to the lusts of the flesh.

And to the "Christ made us all equal" . . . I personally believe "before" we entered into these bodies of flesh, we were all equal in our original form (spirit). And in truth, we still are equal but these vessels we're now in are much more visibly measured by our "selves" and thus comes the "rank" of who's greater than whom.

Inwardly, you can't measure infinity. Outwardly, we're constantly measuring each others actions, attitudes, remarks, life-styles, even ethnicity . .. but the question there is, "who" is doing the measuring?

Christ is the All-mighty Equalizer and his righteousness levels the playing field as we have been enabled to see spiritually what's going on behind the scenes of the physical events around us taking place.

41 Re: Doctrines of demons . . . on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:25 pm

Rosered

wow !!! That was beautifully said Scherryl !!!
and I believe it so profoundly as TRUTH !
LOVE does cover the multitude of sin /being in our fleshy state
the Very Spirit of Love is putting on Christ

Galatians 3:27
And all who have been united with Christ in baptism have put on Christ, like putting on new clothes.

1 Peter 4:8
Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.
Thanks for the pep talk sister S ! I needed it so Smile

42 RE: DOCTRINES OF DEMONS on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:53 pm

ednamarie

THE EVIDENCE SPOKEN OF IS SIMPLY THE TRUE FAITH I HAVE PRODUCES RESULTS . EX: I HAVE FAITH TO THE POINT I DO NOT WORRY BOUT THINGS CAUSE I KNOW I PUT THEME AT THE FOOT OF THE CROSS ,TO WORRY WOULD BE TO PICK THAT BAGGAGE BACK UP AND CARRY IT AROUND AGAIN INTERFERING WITH GOD AT WORK TO DO HIS WILL .INSTEAD I LET GO AND LET GOD DO HIS WORK . I AM ALWAYS SO AMAZED HOW THINGS MORE OFTEN THAN NOT EXCEED MY EXPECTATIONS WHEN EVER THE RESULTS OF HIS WORK HAS BEEN FINISHED. THE EVIDENCE IS NOT FIRST IT IS AFTER WE HAVE TRUE FAITH .LEARNING TO LET GO OF OUR PROBLEMS AND TRULY FAITHING IN HIM THEN WE SEE THE EVIDENCE OF THAT FAITH,THIS IS WHERE I SEE THE RELIGOUS SECT GOING WRONG OR AS I CALL IT THEY ARE SEEING/EXPECTING IT BACKWARDS. THEY WANT THE EVIDENVC/PROOF FIRST .BUT TO OUR FATHER HE WANTS ARE TRUE UNWAVERING FAITH FIRST THEN WE RECIEVE OUR BLESSINGS OF THAT FAITH .BLESSINGS AND LOVE TO ALL Smile

http://daddyswolfangel@yahoo.com

43 Re: Doctrines of demons . . . on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:10 am

cross-eyed

I absolutely agree with that . . .they truly do have the cart before the horse . .. it's frustrating to try to share anything with them to say the least.

44 Re: Doctrines of demons . . . on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:50 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Edna Marie,

You go girl.... Smile Amen, Amen!!!! And to use a quote of Nathan's ...Let Freedom Ring!!!

Blessings

45 Re: Doctrines of demons . . . on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:54 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
[/quote]

Inwardly, you can't measure infinity. Outwardly, we're constantly measuring each others actions, attitudes, remarks, life-styles, even ethnicity . .. but the question there is, "who" is doing the measuring?

Christ is the All-mighty Equalizer and his righteousness levels the playing field as we have been enabled to see spiritually what's going on behind the scenes of the physical events around us taking place.
[/quote]

The more I look at this the more incredible it becomes Nathan...

This for me right now is a subject that is Very close to my heart...because someone I am trying to minister too who is truly bound by a situation under Law, who wants the Liberty (Freedom) that,.. let's face very few has come to experience as of yet...wants to be set free through Christ...but is not sure why they can't be...or how to go about it...therein lies the problem...it isn't something we do...just the words in themselves speaks of Law (doing)or not (doing)..

Until we have been in this situation and been delivered from it...it is very hard to express in words to someone on what the problem is...or how to receive it.

But reading your reply again and again...I see a key in here...

Paul tells us:
2Co 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

This word compare or comparing here is a fascinating word in the Greek...I won't go into all the details any one could check it out..but..

Basically it is Sunkrino..and means...something that is given to judge...
What I see is..there is always the Spirit of The Lord that is ready and willing right now...to give us a way of escape...then we have the mind (that part of us that may not be renewed)...The Traducer...who will no doubt interpret what is being given to us...Unless we compare the things given to us already (the measure) by the things that are being presented to us now...Spiritual things with Spiritual things...

I hope that is not confusing the issue here...
The one doing the measuring is no doubt the Traducer he is the one who interprets the things given to us...when it causes us to NOT move in the sound of the Spirit..and keeps us bound...this is the key to knowing when things are being rightly divided and not...

Scenario...The Tree of Life..or..The tree of TKOGAE..(Law)
It is always in this place that we find ourselves in conflict....by way of Flesh and Spirit.

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

To me this is one of the most Profound statements in Scripture...the depths and the riches in this one verse is Amazing...to see what it is That Christ has Truly set us free from...and how we can fully enjoy the freedom of The Life of Christ in The Spirit...

This weakness in the flesh to stay bound by a situation is no doubt a Red Flag or at least should be...to us to indicate what it is that keeps us from moving forward in Him into the fullness of our Liberty...

It's like the scorpions that sting...they leave you paralyzed so that you cannot move in the sound of The Spirit...and while you stay sitting...it poisons you from the inside out...such as The Religions of today as they sit on the pews for 40 yrs...because they have become so accustom to their boundaries...don't even realize that they are free to move and to be....it terrifies them of something that they are not familiar with ...so they stay and die in their place...

This breaks my heart into....

But we as a body of Believers and have come to know and experience this Liberty in Him....I believe we could and should...enter into that place with them and bring them out....

It is Christ life that is within us that we live by today...we are Ambassadors for Christ...this means we are immune to the laws of this Realm through the Freedom in Him...we have a Embassy called The Kingdom of God..that we are to bring into this world as a manifestation of what He has done in our lives and is doing through our lives as He lives...and as He is, so are we in this world...

Can our freedom and Faith go into the darkness of the Tomb and bring someone out to The Glorious Resurrection of Light.....YES!!! because of The same Power that works within us, that has lifted us up out of it.......!!!

But...are we willing??? Can we bare the darkness again??? After walking so long in this Light, Love, and Life???
He must reproduce after His kind....

To me this is what is Truly meant by laying down one's life for another...as He did for us...

The Cross..The Tomb...The Resurrection
The body.. The Soul...The Spirit
The Outer court...The inner court...and Holy of Holies
The Peter..
The James...
The John..

This is where the conflict is...this is where they are in Darkness....

But James is actually "Jacob" in the Greek...and we know that the pattern of Jacob has now become "The Israel of God"...

The Body of Believers...The Ecclesia The called out ones...
Sorry so long...Thank you for you time..to hear me out...sometimes it just helps to talk things through...especially among family... Smile

Blessings and Much Love
Upon you all

46 Re: Doctrines of demons . . . on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:08 pm

cross-eyed

When I would emphasize us entering into his rest, many times I'd get asked "how do we DO that?" The best response I can give to that is . . .it's not what you "do" it's what you "don't".

I'm an avid deer hunter . . .bow hunting is my passion. It's been in my blood as long as I can remember. And I can't tell you how many times I would be able to "see" deer, but never have the opportunity to harvest one. There are actually a lot of factors that have to come together. I can't rope a deer and lead them to my deer stand . . .I can't coax them in, I can't put signs up directing them to where I am.

All I can do is put myself in their arena . . .play the wind so my scent doesn't give me away . . .be there at the time they're moving . .. essentially, place myself in a position where I could have an opportunity. That was my motivation when the alarm went off early in the morning . . .I'm not a morning person . . .but what got me up was . . .they're not going to waltz into my backyard. I have to put myself in "their" backyard.

I believe it's the same with entering into the rest of the Father. It's not that I can manipulate God to bring Rest to me. But I "can" create an atmosphere WITHIN ME that puts me in the arena where Rest resides. It's basically a mindset. Let go of the worry . ..let go of the anxiety of not being able to find it . . .prepare the room within you like you prepare yourself every night.

When I put my boys down at night . . .they're sometimes pretty chatty long after we put them down and occasionally I'll crack their door and tell them "Go to sleep!" But in all actuality, we can't go to it, we have to set the stage and let it come to us. A mind FULL of thoughts and activity won't allow sleep to come, in the same way, our minds of carnality are full of misconceptions, misinterpretations, and fear of losing control which keeps us from letting Rest. When we take captive those thoughts and just LET GO of every worry and concern .. . Rest is just on the other side of all that activity. So don't try to enter into it, just set the stage and let HIM enter into you.

47 Re: Doctrines of demons . . . on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:36 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Thanks Nathan,

Good Analogy...

Blessings

48 Re: Doctrines of demons . . . on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:41 pm

cross-eyed

I was going to post this on the Daniel thread in further ponderings of Jeremy's question about whether angels are real or not. But because this is more connected to "this" thread's topic, I pulled it out and am posting it here. While I do believe in heavenly beings assisting the unfolding of God's plan in this realm, I find myself very hesitant to have that include fallen angels and you already know my thinking on what demons are.

It's just occurred to me, I don't remember which thread it was on, I think it may have even been "this" one, but it was just recently we were talking about the lake of fire. It is the final destination of all that is ungodly. The fire of God consumes everything that is not born of him, leaving only what has been born of him.

The one thing that quietly seems to have been left unaddressed were the fallen angels . ..the demons . . .even the spirits in prison that the church has taught to be fallen angels bound by God for their dastardly deeds. But when the end comes to all that is ungodly, the antichrist is mentioned, the beast, the false prophet, even satan is mentioned. But no fallen angels and no demons. As articulate as God is in revealing his nature in his word and how much he has spent such great attention to detail, do you supposed that it was just "forgotten"?

We have doctrines built on fallen angels and demons . . .don't you think something as important as that would be addressed and destroyed as well? But instead, there's no sign of any restoration, reconciliation, or destruction of them at all.

Thoughts???

49 Re: Doctrines of demons . . . on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:47 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Boy Nathan,

As if I don't have enough to think about right now...LOL
I would love to get into this subject, I have a lot to share of what I have come to see...but for right now...

There is something more that I want to talk to you about.
Before I bring it forward...PM..

Blessings

50 doctrines of demons on Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:37 pm

srichard

Hi Nathan;

a thought come to me in regard to your statement of

we having doctrines of demons etc. I beleive I see a

pertinent correlation in the following.....

...we are told to be careful how we build.hay..straw wood etc

works/build .....would be tried by fire..and what remained would stay

truth of Him was not consumed..so men have built up with doctrines of

demons...which by the way..we were told the falling away

would occurr...and that they would fall away to doctrines

of demons..and that with the breath of His coming....

the lawless one[lies doctrines of demons] would be consumed

with the breath of His coming.

we may suffer loss..but be saved through the fire...

bound with such doctrines. others would not be 'hurt'

or suffer loss..when such doctrines were removed

Christ come to releive the oppressed and set those in prison

free.....babylon is a cage on unclean birds[spirit doctrines]

but He keeps His dove[clean pure doctrine/Holy spirit/truth]

from the fowlers snare

we have to avoid the woman 'folly" her heart is a trap

and snare..and leads to death..she chains the arms[no good

works built] Babylon church system is the silly woman

taken captive..by 'certain' men that slipped in..that Jude

prophesied about...men of sin[doctrines of demons] not

men of God/or sons of God..bearing the corrupt image..

and unregenerated.

Regeneration is resurrection...and we want all truth..

not truth and lies[resurrection of righteous and wicked]

The son is not given a serpent when He request a fish..

but offspring of vipers...man of lawlessness that seduces

silly women..will.

I don't know how clear this is..I apoligize ...it is so

hard to put in words....

p.s. angels as messengers= bringers of doctrines to teach

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum