APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tape 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tape 2 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:54 am

cross-eyed

Colossians 1
26Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

This mystery has been kept in the dark for a long time, but now it's out in the open. God wanted everyone, not just Jews, to know this rich and glorious secret inside and out, regardless of their background, regardless of their religious standing. The mystery in a nutshell is just this: Christ is in you, so therefore you can look forward to sharing in God's glory. It's that simple. That is the substance of our Message. We preach Christ, warning people not to add to the Message. We teach in a spirit of profound common sense so that we can bring each person to maturity. To be mature is to be basic. Christ! No more, no less. That's what I'm working so hard at day after day, year after year, doing my best with the energy God so generously gives me.

It’s All About Where Christ is in You
Just a quick reference to the foundation of Scripture from which we are gaining new understanding of our relationship not only with Christ, but in him is found in Colossians 1: 26 and 27. We do need to reach back to that from time to time so we can let this truth become well established in us as we go through our daily process of being transformed into the perfect image of Christ. Paul talks about this mystery that had been hidden from the ages and that this mystery was Christ in you which is the hope of glory.

What’s Your Identification?
I think what we want to focus on next, has to do with the principle of identification in Christ. People live and die and never really find out what their true identity is and that’s unfortunate. They’ll try to figure out who they are by acting like somebody else, or they may resort to acting like the strongest personality that is around them and influences them. And, we’ve heard so many things about us and believe so many things about ourselves, that when God begins to tell us who we really are, we’re totally surprised.

Maybe you’ve heard this before, but there’s a phrase that says “you may have done what they said you did, but you are not who they say you are.” I know that may seem very simple, but all through Scripture you see men struggling with their identity. Before we go to Philippians, I want to refer to someone that pictures what I’m talking about.

Powerful Picture Through Mephibosheth
There’s an Old Testament story about a man named Mephibosheth. Now Mephibosheth was the child of Jonathan. Jonathan was a covenant brother of David. Not natural brother, Jonathan was Saul’s son and David became Saul’s worst enemy, but it never altered the relationship between Jonathan and David. Scripture called this conflict between David and Saul a “long war” between the house of David and the house of Saul. There was this civil war if you will, that was going on.

It pictures the struggle that goes on inside of each and every one of us. It pictures the struggle that goes on between our flesh and our spirit. Jesus said it this way, your spirit is willing but your flesh is weak and so in every one of us, there’s a civil war that goes on every day. But Mephibosheth was a small child when David began to bring to consummation his triumph over all the enemies that he had. Jonathan and his father had both fallen in battle and died at this point. And as a result of that, when the news came back to the palace that they had died, panic broke out in the palace.

One of the women who had the responsibility of nursing and taking care of Jonathan’s son, grabbed up the small child and as she was running down the steps in the palace, she dropped him and it crippled him for life as a result. The reason why I feel like this is an important picture for us to consider is that, after they evacuated the palace, out of fear for what they thought David would do, because they truly had a misconception or misunderstanding of what David’s nature was all about.

They believed a lie about this man who everyone knew was already anointed and chosen by God to take the place of Saul as king of Israel. As most of us have had our share of lies that we’ve believed about the nature of God. About his feelings toward us and his view of us. And so he grew up into manhood hiding out as a refugee in the wilderness and now he’s a grown man.

Definition of Mephibosheth
And one day David asked if there were anyone still alive from Saul’s family so that he could bless him and show kindness to them. Mephibosheth’s name came up and David wasn’t even aware that he existed. He sent soldiers to retrieve him. Now, interestingly, Mephibosheth’s name, remember we’re looking at the struggle people have with their identity. There was something about his birth, some incident that happened when he was born that caused him to be given this name, but Mephibosheth’s name means “destroying shame”.

How’d you like to go through life with a name like that? Then add insult to injury, have a life-changing injury happen to you that crippled you and you had to totally depend on others to even move you from one room to another. Not only that, but he grew up in this terrible place out in the wilderness called Lodebar (2 Samuel 9:4). That word means “a depressed place”. So the picture you get is a destroying shame living in a depressed place, you can imagine what kind of self-esteem he had, if he had any at all.

Life Through the Eyes of a Dog
When the soldiers arrive and find him and tell him their intentions of taking him back to the palace to be with the king, he’s got all kind of warped ideas of what David would really want with him. He even states what would he want with me, as I am but a dog (2 Sam. 9:Cool. That was his view of himself. And of course when he gets there and sees David for himself, sees his intent for himself, David made it clear to him that the reason why he chose to pour out all his wealth on him, was not because of anything he’d ever done personally, but because of a covenant he had made with his father. (See the spiritual picture of that?)

You need to hear that because we’re talking about the message of being in Christ. What was done for and on behalf of Mephibosheth, was taken care of before he was ever born. Because the covenant had been made with his father. Are you seeing the connection? With this in mind, the topic of lost identity and the principle of identification that we’re exploring together. We want to read this passage in Philippians 3.

Losing Came in Threes
But before that, do you remember in the Bible in Luke 15 where Jesus was talking about things that were lost in his parables? There were three specific things he talked about that were lost. There was a lost sheep, one out of a hundred. . . Then a lost son. Then he talks about a lost coin. The lost sheep, is certainly something that was easy to grasp because it was common for sheep because sheep have extremely poor eyesight and their senses over all were terrible. They have need of a shepherd to look after them because they were so vulnerable.

Dimensional Sheep
They had terrible eyesight, no defense against predators, no claws, no fangs, no way of defending themselves. It’s easy for them to wander off we like sheep have … done what? Gone astray. There is that tendency for us to get lost isn’t there. Please understand with me that when we talk about being lost, in fact when Jesus talks about being lost, I really don’t believe at all he’s talking about someone who’s unsaved.

Because in the three things he’s talking about being lost, every one of them had relationship. What is lost? What has been lost is their identity. What has been lost is who they are and where they belong. Remember the prodigal son? He got his inheritance prematurely, wasted it in riotous living and he was called a lost son. He was a son, but he lost his identity and lost touch with where he should have been. And when he came to himself, he then realized who he was, and where he belonged.

Dimensional Coin
The lost coin, what was the significance there? This woman, when she realized it’s lost, she began to tear her house apart trying to find it. She lights a candle and looks in every dark place. Of course this is a picture of what was normal in those days whenever a woman was to be married, she was given a head-piece which had 10 silver coins in it. It had to do with redemption, it had to do with a dowry. It had to do with the price that had to be paid for her. Which is a picture of the church and how she has lost something of revelation of her redemption. And so she has to light a candle, she has to get some illumination so she can once again, reconnect herself to that which was lost. And that’s what we’re doing here in all of this.

Philippians 3
8Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, 9And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith

7-9 The very credentials these people are waving around as something special, I'm tearing up and throwing out with the trash—along with everything else I used to take credit for. And why? Because of Christ. Yes, all the things I once thought were so important are gone from my life. Compared to the high privilege of knowing Christ Jesus as my Master, firsthand, everything I once thought I had going for me is insignificant—dog dung. I've dumped it all in the trash so that I could embrace Christ and be embraced by him. I didn't want some petty, inferior brand of righteousness that comes from keeping a list of rules when I could get the robust kind that comes from trusting Christ—God's righteousness. 10-11I gave up all that inferior stuff so I could know Christ personally, experience his resurrection power, be a partner in his suffering, and go all the way with him to death itself. If there was any way to get in on the resurrection from the dead, I wanted to do it.

Found in Him
I’ve talked about an identity which has been lost, now Paul is talking about . . . how are we found? What has been the emphasis, I hope I don’t weary you as we go deeper into this because we’re going to continue to talk about this mystery of what it means to be in Christ and Christ in you. So where are you found? You are found in him. You can’t ever know who you are, until you know who he is.

Airline Identity
I went to the airport the other day because I had to go on one of the many trips that I tend to go on fairly regularly now, but as I approached the ticket counter, with the ticket in my hand, that I had already paid for. They routinely ask me for identification. I’m standing there, with the ticket in my hand that I paid for, right in front of them. I want to say “Hey! It’s me! I’m the guy who just bought this ticket, you see me all the time. Obviously, they have their legitimate reasons for inquiring due to possible stolen identity or terrorism and all that, but in everything we do in our culture you have to have some form of identification.

If you’re going to do business transaction at the bank, your local bank, where they know you as well, they still need to have your identification to do business with them. And so I think that one of the reasons why we haven’t been able to really fully grasp and comprehend what is really means to be in Christ is because we haven’t dealt with this whole issue of identification.

Identification, Identity, Identical
There are three basic principles I want to talk about that has to do with your identification. First of all identification, then identity, then that brings us into identical. I hope this doesn’t sound like a bunch of rhetoric, but you’ll understand it more clearly as we develop this. We’re talking about lost identity and finding our self and how do we find our self? We find our self in him. One of the most perfect examples in all of Scripture is when Jesus himself, who was the Son of God, he comes to the Jordan River, you’ll probably remember this very well.

Picture Of Jordan
When he comes to the Jordan river, after 18 years of silence as far as the watching and documenting world is concerned, the last we saw of him was when he was 12, he’s now 30 years old. When he comes to the river and there he finds John the Baptist who’s baptizing people in the river. He’s not baptizing them in just any river, but in the Jordan river.

The Jordan has a rich history, all the way back into the Old Testament. There are several significant things that happened at the Jordan river which is why Jesus had to be baptized in the Jordan and no other river. Now there’s certainly not enough time for us to review everything that happened at the Jordan, but it is important for us to remember that the Jordan, not just by my own estimation, but the Jordan river, all through Scripture speaks of death.

Origin of the First Adam
Joshua, when he brought the children of Israel across the Jordan River, when the priests stepped into the water, it didn’t part in half as was the case with Moses at the Red sea 40 years earlier, it rolled back. And when it rolled back, it rolled back to it’s headwaters, it’s source, it’s origin, and it’s very important to note that the origin of this river was based in a city called, of all names, Adam.

Joshua 3
15When the priests got to the Jordan and their feet touched the water at the edge (the Jordan overflows its banks throughout the harvest), 16the flow of water stopped. It piled up in a heap--a long way off--at Adam, which is near Zarethan. The river went dry all the way down to the Arabah Sea (the Salt Sea). And the people crossed, facing Jericho.

Zarethan = their distress
Arabah = wilderness, desert

Truth About Death
The name of the city was called Adam. We do know, like Romans 5 says, out of this one man named Adam, death flowed (Romans 5:14) And you do understand that when we talk about death, it does not mean we cease to exist. When we follow a casket down the isle and we mourn for someone who has died, that doesn’t mean they cease to exist. Because they are a spirit being and a spirit being never dies in the sense of ceasing to exist.

Death has always meant a separation. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. So death doesn’t mean cease to exist, it just means a separation. When God told Adam and Eve in the garden, when he said in the day you eat of that fruit, you shall surely die. Did they die the day they ate? They didn’t die physically did they. Adam lived over 900 years after that. So we need to understand that death doesn’t mean we cease to exist, but it’s simply a separation.

Making the Connection With Christ
The reason why I got into that is because, coming back into this whole thing on identification, when Jesus stepped into the Jordan river, he didn’t just step into a muddy river, but he stepped into the flow of death that originated in Adam. For by one man, death entered . . .Romans 5:12 For by one man, death came upon all of us. And it is by one man that we enter into righteousness again.

God Only Sees Two Men
Now, I have said this over and over again, but I’m going to say it until I believe it has really clicked with you. From God’s viewpoint, there has never been but two men on this planet. You say “I’m not sure I really understand that because there are 5 or 6 billion people alive right now and billions preceded them . .” But they all preceded in natural birth from one man, and that man was made of the earth as 1 Corinthians 15 says.

It doesn’t make any difference of what your skin color is, we’ve all come from the same man, and that is Adam. And that’s how we got into this planet, through physical birth. But when we’re born-again, the other man we’re not born of a corruptible seed, but of an incorruptible seed by the word of God which liveth and abideth forever (1 Peter 1:23) There’s another man that is the last Adam which is Christ.

So back to this whole thing of identity found because identity had been lost. Paul again said we are found where? In him! This isn’t light stuff, it’s a little heavy so take the time to absorb what I’m saying to you. This is the strong meat that belongs to those that are a full age . .you hanging in? So the last Adam, Jesus steps into the Jordan river, he steps into that which flowed out of Adam, death. He who knew no sin became sin that we might become the righteousness of God, where? In Him. He became who you are so you could become who he is. He has fully identified with you.

Baptized In Death
So when he stepped into the Jordan river, he stepped into death. And what happens when he stepped into it? He is baptized in it. When you baptize something you totally immerse it, it’s whole character changes. It’s actually from the word ”dye” like what you’d to do a piece of cloth. It changes it’s color and character and everything else. So Jesus is baptized in this river and as he came up, what happened? There was a voice from heaven that proclaimed this is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased.

So a new creation came forth. That pictured what happened to him when he went into the tomb. Because he went into death, and came out in resurrection power, because there was no other way we could deliver ourselves from death. He went into a tomb, turned it into a womb. Something was birthed out of it. So, we’re talking about identity lost and identity found and we’re finding our identity where? In Him. He went from the river of death into the wilderness for 40 days. He came out of the tomb and walked on the earth for 40 days as well. Nothing Jesus did was by chance or coincidence. It all had purpose and pattern.

Unknown Identity Caused the Fall
So the next account that we have of him, is that he goes in to the wilderness. Isn’t it interesting that the first Adam was put in a garden. As a result of him questioning his identity . . .because Adam had the serpent come to him and say God knows that once you eat that fruit that you’ll become like him and know as he knows. See, that was the first lie that he swallowed because Adam already was like God. He was created in God’s own image. But he began to question his what . . .his identity. And that’s what caused him to be expelled from the garden.

So Jesus, the last Adam, goes into a wilderness, and he is tempted in the same sequence that the first Adam was tempted in. What was the first thing Satan said to him? If thou be the son of God. . .I don’t want to get too bogged down in this, because we’re talking about being found in him. See what I want to happen to you is for you to find yourself in the Word of God, and find yourself in Him.

Finding Yourself in the Word
What happens when Jesus successfully completed that temptation? You’ll find all this in Luke 4-6. In chapter 4, when he first comes into the temple, what does he do? He takes the scrolls of Isaiah and Scripture says and when he found the place.

Luke 4
16And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. 17And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

Editor’s Note
There’s been something eating at me and it really hasn’t surfaced until this passage. It was actually a planted seed that began when we touched on the fact that 18 years had passed before there was anything more recorded about Jesus and his ministry. There was his birth, then nothing until he was 12. Then nothing until he surfaced again and was baptized in the Jordan. It’s very subtle, but it’s there. It’s still not fully come to light in me what it all is, but the more we go, the louder this thing gets.

As Was His Custom
You ever wonder why we don’t hear about how he was when he first learned how to walk? When he first started cutting teeth? When he picked up his first hammer? When he got his first kiss? It’s like he was invisible until his ministry began. But the truth is, people knew who he was, those in his home town. They knew he spent all his time in the temple. How do we know that? Because verse 16 tells you, Jesus ALWAYS went to the temple on the Sabbath because it was HIS custom. Not his parents custom, or his family’s custom, but it was His.

It took Jesus 30 years in the flesh to come to full maturity to enlighten the flesh with spiritual life. He had to wait 30 years because according to the law, you could not be a priest until you reached the age of 30. It wasn’t that Jesus was immature that he had to wait that long, it was because tradition wouldn’t even let him open his mouth until that time. Even though he came to fulfill the law, he had to live according to it until his ministry of Resurrection life could begin.

As far as documenting his growing up, his first tooth, first steps, all of that, it’s all on the natural growth of a spiritual purpose. Just a distraction from why he was here in the first place. Same as this thing out there now about the Divinci Code, as well as many other writings. I certainly have my opinions about whether or not Jesus was secretly married, but it’s nothing more than a distraction from the reality of his power of Life.

Message Translation
16He came to Nazareth where he had been reared. As he always did on the Sabbath, he went to the meeting place. When he stood up to read, 17he was handed the scroll of the prophet Isaiah. Unrolling the scroll, he found the place where it was written,

New Living Translation
16When he came to the village of Nazareth, his boyhood home, he went as usual to the synagogue on the Sabbath and stood up to read the Scriptures

End Note

. . . and when he found the place . . talking about being found in him . .. when he found the place, what did he read? He read out of Isaiah 61 where it says the spirit of the Lord is upon me . . this day the Scripture is fulfilled in your ears. . . it was written 700 years before in Isaiah, but Jesus found himself in the Word. I tell you, even though this may seem so very simple, it’s the most powerful truth, that’s why the Apostle Paul spends almost all of his time and the letters he wrote, talking about the in-Christ message, what it means to be in-Christ. Identified fully, and completely with Him.

Spiritual House of Mirrors
I want to take just a minute and show you why our image of ourselves has been so badly distorted. To me, most people live in a house of mirrors at a carnival. Interesting name for that, carnival. The house of flesh; carnal-vle. At the carnival, you walk into a house of mirrors and one mirror may have you 3 inches wide and 13 feet tall, while another mirror will have you 13 feet wide and 3 inches tall. To me, in many respects that’s a picture of a lot of people when they go to church.

Pastors and preachers hold up these distorted mirrors in front of them and convince them this is what they really look like. They’ve had a steady diet, please hear this . . . there is therefore now, no condemnation to those who are . . in there it is again. See I told you this little two-letter word is a hinge that opens a door to an enormous truth. But people come to church and they have selective Scripture, sound-bites that are held up to them and they are constantly reminded of what they are not, rather than who they are.

It’s no different than a person afflicted with the disease of anorexia or bulimia. Their minds have convinced them they look like monsters when in reality, they’re the same as everybody else. That’s not to say I’m soft on sin, but I do believe that people wouldn’t have the struggle they have with sin, once they saw who they really are. if you’re constantly telling them what they’re not, guess how they’re going to behave.

James 1
22But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Now, this passage as far as I’m concerned, has a number of applications. We can look at it this way . .how many of you really remember what you look like before you left the house when you last looked in a mirror? You don’t really remember do you. You have a vague image of what you look like before you left the house, but as far as what you accurately look like, it may be a far cry from what you think you look like.

Ever Connect This Passage With Moses’ Tabernacle Before?
That is certainly what we’re trying to get at here, is that this message of it means to be in-Christ. The true reflection of who you are, not the way you see yourself, because you are the righteousness of God in Christ whether you feel like it or not. Whether you always look like it or not. That’s why, again, he says you’re a forgetful hearer . . Now, whenever he talks about this man looking at himself in a glass, the images that James is drawing from goes back into the Old Testament.

Back to one of the seven pieces of furniture there in the Tabernacle of Moses. It was the second piece of furniture the priest would encounter after offering a sacrifice on the brazen altar. The next was a brazen laver. He then approaches this laver with blood up to his elbows, and he uses the laver to wash his hands and his feet and there’s a lot of things to be explored with that also but there’s not the time to do so here. So when he stands there at the brazen laver, do you remember what this laver was made out of?

Yes, it’s brazen, but what is it made of? It was made of the mirrors of women . . . Blended Edit There’s so much food here to eat, I don’t know which to dip into first. In this series, we are going to get much deeper into the woman = soul; man = spirit principle but for now, this is applicable to the fact that there is a picture of God washing your mind before you approach the ministry of his temple. I’ll leave that one there for a while and let it simmer until later on.

Revelation On Visions
I dug this passage up he’s talking about. . .wasn’t easy. King James uses words you wouldn’t think of using. We call them compact mirrors, obviously I wouldn’t do a word search for that, but I did start with mirrors, then went to looking glass. Did you know that it’s actually one word? I learned the long way. At any rate, at the end of the wilderness search, I found something that is truly profound. The word looking glass is the same Hebrew word used for visions. When Joseph had a vision, or Daniel, or Ezekiel, the same word is used as what the laver is made from.

The prophetic picture that’s staring at us just under the surface of the laver’s water is that the reflective image that you see when looking into the spiritual laver that contains the water (spirit) and blood (Cross) from the sacrifices (spiritual circumcision) of your heart is actually the face of Jesus in you! Wait, there’s more! The fact that it’s the same word as visions is telling you that through the washing of the word, which is the primary substance to the renewing of your mind, through that comes revelation (vision) of Christ in you!

The brazen laver is actually a doorway into the spiritual realm of the house of God, which if you remember, Jesus said God’s house is a house of prayer. Prayer is communion, fellowship, relationship with God. The exact same thing that Jesus told Peter that he was going to build his kingdom on. The rock, the spiritual revelation of who Jesus is, it was spiritual communication that transpired that day, and in this day it’s the same as well.

Exd 38:8
And he made the laver [of] brass, and the foot of it [of] brass, of the lookingglasses of [the women] assembling, which assembled [at] the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

Definition of “Assembled”
One other observation, the word “assembling” and “assembled” to me simply means they gathered together there. Shows how much I know, the definition is interesting in that it’s used for two different meanings. One means to wage war or to fight, yet the same word also means to serve. In this passage, it’s obvious that it’s to be understood that they were serving the needs of the temple and priests. When looking at it prophetically, or from a spiritual application, you combine the two and see that they often are the same activity. It’s just the warfare is spiritual, as is the serving.
End of Edit
Watered From THE Rock
So they got the material for the laver from the looking-glasses of the women. He’s not dealing with a gender issue here, what he’s dealing with is our own vanity or our own reflection and image of ourselves. So when the laver was in place, what was it they filled it with, not just water, but water from the rock that followed them. This mysterious rock. Can you imagine that? For 40 years as they went through the wilderness, wherever they went this rock would follow them.

There were no rivers or wells that 2 to 3 million people could drink from then, they drank water out of the rock and we know who the rock is, it’s Christ. How did they get water out of the rock when they were thirsty? Remember God told Moses to hit the rock and when the rock was struck, living water came out of it and people had their thirst in their wilderness satisfied. Right? The second time Moses was instructed to speak to the rock, but because he let the people get to him, instead of keeping his composure and being obedient to God’s specific instructions, he hit the rock again, not out of obedience, but out of anger and it cost him plenty.

Abusing the Rod of Moses
What’s that got to do with what we’re talking about? Because if that rock is a picture of Christ, that he was smitten for us and when he was smitten, what flowed out of him at the place of the cross? Blood and water. Not just blood, but blood and water. If it was typical of Christ, he was only smitten once. Can I say it to you this way? The reason why a lot of people can’t produce the righteousness of God is because, if you can handle this, legalistic preachers like Moses are trying to beat the life of Christ out of them. When in truth, the only way to get the flow of the life of Christ out of you is for someone to speak what is already true in you.

But back to the laver, so they filled the laver with water out of the rock. If you can see the picture of the fact that they made it out of the mirrors of the women, and it was of brass, and brass is a type of judgment, there’s so much this all pertains to that it’d take a lifetime trying to break it all down piece by piece. But if they had looked in it before the water that was poured out of the rock, was poured into the laver, as they looked into the empty state of the laver, they would have seen just what you would see, this vague reflection of what your natural face looks like.

Defining “Natural” Faces
But when they poured the water, not just H2O, but when they poured the water that flowed out of the rock, into the basin, they saw another reflection. They saw the reflection of the life of Christ that is hid in God. So when he says in James 1:23 that when a man beholds his natural face in a mirror . . .curious to see what some of the other translations say on this . . (I looked up some variations of translations, they all say the same, they use “natural”.)

This is what’s interesting to me, the word “natural” there is the word ”Genesis”. The genesis face, you’re original identity. So when I look into the word of God, it should be like a mirror to me. The reason why a lot of people shy away from reading the Word of God is because they’ve been taught that the Bible will do is condemn them. Nobody wants to live in a condemned house, but if they are taught to look into it, not to see what’s wrong with them, but who they are in him, then it becomes the perfect law of liberty (James 1:25 from our original text). I’m not going to back up from this.

It’s All In What You Eat That Makes You Who You Are
All my life I’ve had preached to me what a sorry worm I was. As a child I grew up pleading with God every Sunday night because I always thought between Sunday evening and Monday morning that the rapture was going to take place and I was surely going to hell and I’d be right back into that terrible, wicked, vicious cycle. But now, I just believe that if you’re being fed the right diet, you are what you eat, if you’re fed the right diet, then you’ll become who you are.

Physically Inserting His Name In Ours
Throughout the word of God you see it’s actually a pattern of God to change people’s identities. Remember when he called Abram, he was Abram when God called him and he changed his name to Abra-“ham”. If you look at Abram, then Abraham, you’ll find he changed his name with two simple letters, “a”, “h”. The same two letters that are in the name Jehov-“ah”. There’s another picture of being in Christ. God took his own name and grafted it into Abrahams. Sarai, meaning ”bitter, contencious, nasty” I may have met some of her descendants in church. But he changed her name to Sar-“ah”, same two letters.

Simon, he changed to Peter. Simon, which means sand or shifty, always changing. In Matthew 16 is when all this occurred. He asked them who do men say that I am and they had all different kinds of answers, but then he made it personal and asked who to you say that I am and Peter, the most unlikely one in the bunch because he was probably the most illiterate. He certainly didn’t get it by reading a book somewhere. He didn’t get it as a result of being educated into it or taught it.

But he said thou art the Christ, the Son of the Living God and what did Jesus say to him? Blessed art thou Simon for flesh and blood didn’t reveal this unto thee but my Father which is in heaven. But thou art . . Peter . .and upon this rock I will build my church . . . When Peter saw who Jesus was, he also began to see who he was.

What Was Moses Really Asking For?
Remember when Moses was asking God to show him his glory? That always fascinated me that Moses would ask for some experience beyond what he’d already had. Do you remember everything Moses had seen God manifest before his very eyes? He says in Exodus show me your glory . . . Do you think that it was some kind of insatiable desire to see a huge exploitation of God’s power. No, I don’t think so. What did he ask to see? Show me your . . .what? Glory. Your manifest presence is what he wanted to see.

Remember our foundational text says Christ in you is the hope of . .glory? Show me your glory. So what does God do with Moses? He takes Moses and puts him in the cleft of a rock and as he passes by, he shows him his goodness. He couldn’t see his face, but he saw his hinder parts. Now, does that mean that he saw God from the back side? (this is what I remember being taught in church, whenever they were bold enough to approach the subject in the first place) What was the revelation that Moses had when he was on the mountain?

What Did Moses Actually See?
The revelation Moses had when he was on the mountain, was not only the ten commandments, the law, that were put in stone, but he was also given the instructions or the blueprint for the building of the tabernacle of Moses which was a picture of Christ because remember we covered the fact that the arrangement of the articles or furniture in the tabernacle of Moses formed the shape of a cross. Moses was the mediator of the old covenant, Jesus is the mediator of the new covenant. But Moses saw the back parts of God. Why? Because what Moses was looking at was the cross from behind. Are you still here?

Creation Of Shadows
How is it that you create . . .because the Bible says that everything in the Old Testament foreshadowed the cross. The law was the schoolmaster that brings us unto Christ. How do you create a shadow? An object stands in the light. So you have the cross over here in the New Testament right? And Jesus is hanging on this side of the cross isn’t he. So what’s over here on this other side of the cross? The Old Testament, over on one side is the New Testament, and behind it is the Old. If the light is shining in the face of Jesus, then the light that shines on Jesus face is also casting a shadow on the ground behind him which would be a shadow of the cross throughout the Old Testament.

Planted In The Rock
That’s the reason why he couldn’t see the face of Jesus but he saw his goodness. But how did he see his goodness? He saw Jesus goodness when God put him in the cleft of the rock. Do you think God did that because his presence was so radio-active that it would have melted his flesh off his bone . .no it’s a picture. He put him in the rock. Put him in Christ.

Moses Burial
Remember Moses when he was buried, he was buried in an undisclosed location. For years I’ve taught this and I think it still has relevance. The reason why I think the Lord himself personally presided over Moses eulogy was because Moses was the greatest prophet in the Old Testament and the children of Israel, if he wouldn’t have hidden him somewhere, they would have enshrined him and carried him around and in some way tried to preserve him to worship him because this man was this awesome prophet. So when it gets time for Moses to die, then God after 120 years of living, he takes Moses himself and presides over his burial.

I know that’s one reason, but remember what Moses prayer was there, he said to God I just want to see your glory. In fact in Jude it says there was a great battle and conflict that went on between Michael and Satan over the body of Moses. It’s in that little one-chapter book right before Revelation. Where was it that Moses was buried? Because in Matthew 17, when Jesus goes up on the mount of transfiguration and he gets up there with Peter, James and John, who else appears? Elijah and Moses. And what happens?

For just a few moments, the Son of God let, if you will, he permitted his spirit to permeate through his flesh body so that they could see what was really inside of him. And when that happened, Moses and Elijah showed up. Do you think that possibly may be the fulfillment to Moses’ request back there in the book of Exodus when he wanted to see the glory of God. Because he wasn’t able to go into the promised land because he disobeyed God.

But over here in Matthew 17, not only are his feet standing on the natural promised land, he appears with the Lord himself. And they spoke to him concerning his death, because here are these two men, one of them died and was buried, Elijah didn’t go the way of death. He was taken up in a chariot of fire. They spoke concerning his death and his resurrection. In order for Moses to see God’s glory, God first hid him in Christ, the cleft of the rock.

Editor’s Note
Need to clarify some things. If you read this passage in King James, you’ll find that it mentions nothing of their conversation dealing with matters of resurrection. It states it as discussing his “decease” And Luke is the only one that even says that much. Other translations say either the same thing or they use the word “departure”. Which does sort of hit a little closer, but that still doesn’t capture the truth that resurrection was very much in the conversation as well.

There is a passage of Scripture that I believe Paul stated it that Jesus was able to endure the cross because his focus was on the resurrection. I think that very much could have been the tone of the conversation between Jesus, Moses and Elijah. They were encouraging him by emphasizing the life that would come through the pain of death.

Luke 9
29And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering. 30And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias: 31Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.

If all I had was that to go on, then I can see how this gets easily missed. Because if you look up the original word that was used in the Greek, it’s not his decease they were discussing. Greek calls it “Exodus”! Message Translation seems to have caught that.

23Then he told them what they could expect for themselves: "Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You're not in the driver's seat--I am. Don't run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I'll show you how. 24Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to finding yourself, your true self. 25What good would it do to get everything you want and lose you, the real you? 26If any of you is embarrassed with me and the way I'm leading you, know that the Son of Man will be far more embarrassed with you when he arrives in all his splendor in company with the Father and the holy angels. This isn't, you realize, pie in the sky by and by. 27Some who have taken their stand right here are going to see it happen, see with their own eyes the kingdom of God."

2 Tape 2 Part 2 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:55 am

cross-eyed

Jesus in His Glory
28About eight days after saying this, he climbed the mountain to pray, taking Peter, John, and James along. 29While he was in prayer, the appearance of his face changed and his clothes became blinding white. 30At once two men were there talking with him. They turned out to be Moses and Elijah-- 31and what a glorious appearance they made! They talked over his exodus, the one Jesus was about to complete in Jerusalem.
End of Note

Location of Moses Grave
I’ll tell you where Moses is buried. He was buried in Christ. The same place every one of you are buried. You were buried in Christ. How many of you have been water baptized? You NEED to be baptized. In fact I’m going to be talking about baptism in the weeks to come. That is another unfolding picture of identification with him. There is a Scripture I’ve been quoting for weeks now, but I think it’d be good if we all went to this place and let our eyes fall on it.

Galatians 2
20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Impossible to Live A Christian Life
Christ lives where? IN me. That’s why I’ve been saying over and over and over again that it’s not just difficult, but it’s impossible to live a Christian life. God never intended for you to live for Jesus, because you can’t live for him. That’s why he has to live his life in you. Think of how many people that you know that have walked away from God, and have been discouraged because of religion and you went to them and said “you know . . . because . .you know people out there right now are away from God. And the reason they’re away from God is because they got discouraged once they realized that they couldn’t do this anymore.

I know this terminology messes with you because you’ve heard it all your life. If I were the devil, I’d be that subtle to. I wouldn’t care if you went to church, I’d just want you to be deceived. I’d want someone to preach to you, ”you need to live for Jesus . .you need to live for Jesus . . . for, for, for Jesus.” I know that causes all kinds of religious spirits to manifest, that’s why I keep saying it!

Are You Really “Crucified With Christ?”
So you have all these kinds of people who come to church and they just wear masks and then you have other’s that are just being honest and say ”there’s no way I can measure up to that standard, I’m not going to even try”. And the reason why is because they’ve been taught wrong. So how could Paul say he was crucified with Christ when we know he wasn’t even there? Peter was there, nearby anyway, but he was there. John was there. But was Paul? So how could he say ”I am crucified with Christ?” How can he say that if he’s not there.

How could I have died in him if I wasn’t there. We’re forgetting what we’ve already talked about, from God’s point of view, there are only two men in the earth that God recognizes. When you were born naturally, you were born dying because of the first man, Adam. That’s why Jesus said I came that you might have life.

Jesus Didn’t Die For You!!!?
If my great, great, great, great I could add on an unending number of greats, grandfather had died, where would I be then? I would have died in him. That’s real simple. When someone first said that to me several years ago, I went nuts! That was so liberating to me because I began to realize that Jesus didn’t die for me . . .I’ll let that resonate for a bit. Because I used to preach that for years as well. ”Jesus died for you . ..” I know some of you are thinking already “what about the wonderful evangelists that have preached and proclaimed that” Yeah, they preached “part” of the whole truth.

Yes, he did die for us in terms of being our substitute. But that’s not all of it. The whole truth is not only did he die for us in that sense, but he died as us. If he who knew no sin, was made to be sin so that you might become the righteousness of God in Christ then he didn’t just die for me, but he died as me. You remember that old song were you there when they crucified my Lord . .were you there when they crucified my Lord . .then later in the song it goes were you there when they laid him in the tomb . . right? Then toward the end it would be built in this big crescendo where you there when he rose up from the grave . . Yes, I was. I can say that now because it’s in my line of sight. I’m not going to sing that last part it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble . .. no it doesn’t it makes me excited!

Galatians 2:19-21
What actually took place is this: I tried keeping rules and working my head off to please God, and it didn't work. So I quit being a "law man" so that I could be God's man. Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that. Is it not clear to you that to go back to that old rule-keeping, peer-pleasing religion would be an abandonment of everything personal and free in my relationship with God? I refuse to do that, to repudiate God's grace. If a living relationship with God could come by rule-keeping, then Christ died unnecessarily Message translation

Yes, I Was There!
Because I know what Galatians 2:20 says . .yes I was there! I am crucified with Christ! I was there. Remember in the 7th chapter of Hebrews where it speaks about Melchisedec? Remember him? This mysterious man that Abraham encountered? He pays tithe to him after he’d just returned from the slaughtering of the kings. Something real interesting there in Hebrews 7 speaks that Levi, was he a son of Abraham? Who was the son of Abraham? Isaac. I’m still talking about what it means to be in Him.

I’m still talking about you identification which brings you into your identity, that will cause you to see all these things make you identical. So who did Isaac have? Jacob and Esau. And Jacob had 12 sons, the fourth son was named, Levi. But Hebrews 7 says that Levi paid tithe to Melchezedek, while he was in Abraham’s loins. “But he wasn’t there, he was four generations removed!” But God accounted it as if it happened to Levi because Levi was in Jacob and Jacob was in Isaac and Isaac was in Abraham.

Editor’s Note
He’s talking about Hebrews 7:10, which if you have King James, you can see it pretty clear. But I looked it up in the Message Translation and again, I can’t just pull out one verse without bringing the context with it. It’s all just so profound when you’re looking at Scripture with a different mindset.

8-10Or look at it this way: We pay our tithes to priests who die, but Abraham paid tithes to a priest who, the Scripture says, "lives." Ultimately you could even say that since Levi descended from Abraham, who paid tithes to Melchizedek, when we pay tithes to the priestly tribe of Levi they end up with Melchizedek. 11-14If the priesthood of Levi and Aaron, which provided the framework for the giving of the law, could really make people perfect, there wouldn't have been need for a new priesthood like that of Melchizedek. But since it didn't get the job done, there was a change of priesthood, which brought with it a radical new kind of law. There is no way of understanding this in terms of the old Levitical priesthood, which is why there is nothing in Jesus' family tree connecting him with that priestly line. 15-19But the Melchizedek story provides a perfect analogy: Jesus, a priest like Melchizedek, not by genealogical descent but by the sheer force of resurrection life—he lives!—"priest forever in the royal order of Melchizedek." The former way of doing things, a system of commandments that never worked out the way it was supposed to, was set aside; the law brought nothing to maturity. Another way—Jesus!—a way that does work, that brings us right into the presence of God, is put in its place.
End of Edit

Being Crucified “With” Him
This really is awesome stuff! Our God is an awesome God! Beyond our wonderment. Back to this thing about being crucified with him, back in Galatians 2. I’m trying to be as coherent as I can with this, there’s so much stuff swirling around inside of me and I’m trying to put it in a manner where it’s more understandable for all of us. When Abraham went to mount Mariah with his son Isaac . . . what is that a picture of? It’s a picture of Christ, right? Isaac, who was this son born miraculously, to these two, old and decrepid people, now Isaac, his only son is taken to a mountain and they have the fire and the knife and the wood, and Isaac asks where is the sacrifice.

We know the story, Isaac is the intended sacrifice because God told him to do so. Then right at the last minute the voice of the Lord stopped him, and as he looked up he saw a ram caught in the thicket . . Blended Edit . . .As I have just now begun dictating more from this tape, I found myself not being as engaged as most other times when I do this. The first thought that followed that realization was, I wonder how many people at church are in this same place. Is it becoming a routine? Are we truly hungry for all of this?

Definition For “Thicket”
But I didn’t press any further into that line of thought, I simply laid it all down and I typed out one sentence and it’s all the further I got when I found myself on the mountain, binding up Isaac and realizing an angel of the Lord didn’t grab my hand to stop me from thrusting the knife, but the angel simply spoke and that was enough. But here’s the revelation for you, the ram in the thicket. Scripture says he was caught in the thicket by his horns. Horns represent power and authority, but they were bound by the thicket. I looked up the word thicket and the definition for it is interwoven branches.

The thicket became the curse to the ram because it held the ram so Abraham could kill it. The picture of Christ is so vivid there. Jesus power and authority were bound by the curse of the cross and the interwoven branches around his head. The exact same picture as the ram. He gave up his power willingly, so that we could receive it ourselves. But the interwoven branches, the crown of thorns, the thicket that had him bound, he went willingly, but he was bound nonetheless, it is the same curse that’s restraining the bride of Christ today. It’s the curse of the mind, our mind, my mind. The thorns were not wrapped around his arms, legs, torso, they were forced down upon his head, a spiritual picture of the curse of your mind. The same picture you see with Jonah inside the big fish with weeds around his head . . . but that’s for another day.
End Edit

So what was all that a picture of? Because several thousand years later, Jesus comes to the exact same mountain. In the New Testament it’s called Golgotha, which means “hill of skull”. But it’s the exact same mountain, this mount Mariah, this place where Abram had come up that mountain 2,000 years before to offer Isaac a sacrifice, now Jesus, 2000 years later is at the same place, offering himself up as the sacrifice. So when did Jesus die?

When Did Jesus Die?? (This is deep!)
Jesus didn’t die 2,000 years ago. Because the lamb was slain before the foundation of the world. Hang on here, keep with the revelation of what God is doing in your heart with this, don’t drop it because it’s such a hot item with you. Hang on to it and let God transform your mind with it. That’s what the passage means where it says the lamb was slain before the foundation of the world.

Rev 13:8
And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Do you think that God decided to offer his Son as a sacrifice the day he was caught off guard when he learned that Adam fell in the garden? “Oh no! What am I going to do now? Adam has sinned and I need to come up with a plan ‘B’. God has never had a plan “B”, he’s always had a plan “A” and he hasn’t diverted from that plan yet. Nor will he ever. Before Adam ever sinned, before Adam was even created, God had already decided, before the foundation of the world was laid . . .

God Doesn’t Live According to Our Understanding of Time
So what happened 2,000 years ago just manifested in time. See you live in time, you have to wait for everything to come to pass. But with God, everything is already done. Do you really think that God is waiting for the flipping of the calendar and for the passing of the week to get his agenda done. Give me a religious break. He’s already done it all! Genesis chapter 2 says that he rested from ALL of his work. He’s done. He wants you to understand that what he has done, he has done for you. It’s not what you can do, but it’s what has already been done. This was not just something that was substitutionary, but it was something that brought us into an identical experience.

Romans 8
10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you

The same spirit that raised Jesus up from dead, where is it? It’s not somewhere in heaven, it’s in you

1 Corinthians 6
17But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Editor’s Note
Oh boy, here’s another area where my head is thinking what I’ve been taught and now the spirit is doing some remodeling again. I’m going back and getting the text with this because the truth that’s being shown here can be seen even clearer when you see the whole concept.

12All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 13Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body. 14And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power. 15Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid. 16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh. 17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. 18Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's

Even as I wrote my last sentence, I didn’t realize there are some famous verses in this context. All things are lawful . . . this has been an area that I have used before when we first were introduced to seeing God as a form of life instead of written law. Everything out there, we can do if we want, but the result of some of those things lead to a damaged relationship or at least, we become ineffective in overcoming bondages in our own lives. So even though we emphasize life, there is still a balance that we all should realize and pay attention to in every one of our lives.

But the focus of this passage is in verses 16 and 17 concerning our spiritual condition and what spirits reside in what body. See we take passages like the experience Jesus had when encountering a man with a legion of demons in him and we standardize that with a principle that says, I am one body that was created to house the Holy Spirit, but other spirits can reside in this body also. I can have more than one spirit in me. But the reality is, when you join together with one, the other exits.

Look at what that says he that is joined to a harlot is one body. You may have more than one demonic spirit working in you, but you’re spirit and they become one. What’s that say about Christians that are also afflicted with demonic spirits? Let’s be realistic, let’s lay down the religious or pious image and just be real. If there truly is demonic activity in your body, just how much are you really in Christ? Because the politically correct church will tell you that you can be a Christian and also be spiritually bound, but that’s not truly accurate. To cling to that is to ignore this passage of Scripture.

When Christ is really in you, your spirit melds together with His spirit and you take on his identity and lose your own. Isn’t that what we’ve been talking about all this time? I’ve even preached this idea that when a man and a woman intimately come together physically, there is a spiritual transaction that takes place there as well. But where I would trip up is when I’d say that then if one of those two get intimate with a third, that they then carry around the spiritual seed of both at the same time.

But again, this passage just tells us that when there is fornication, which isn’t about premarital sex, it’s about sexual perversion. But when there’s fornication or adultery in a relationship, the individual has become one with the third party. Because if they remained as one with the one they’re married to, the one they made a covenant with, there never would have been any fornicating in the first place. Are you following this?

Understand what I’m saying though, I do believe there are people that have been blindly married to the wrong spirits and when they find Christ, there is a different kind of warring taking place, not the warring Paul refers to with your Adamic nature warring the nature of Christ. But there are people who come into the faith that continue to carry their invisible partners with them. Maybe the church has messed up our mindset with this because I really didn’t see anywhere in Scripture where Jesus, Paul, Peter or anyone else were casting demons out of believers.

Think about it, the reason they “need” to have some one pray on them for deliverance is because they can’t do it themselves. Yet Scripture plainly states “Greater is he that is . . .IN . .me” If Christ is “in” you, truly in you, then there’s no place for the devil. If you still have demonic activity going on in you, my only question would then be, who was it that you invited in you? Did you go through life or religion? End of Edit

Of One Spirit
I’ve been influenced by the Holy Spirit. Or the Holy Spirit moves in and out of me. In fact, we shouldn’t pray for the Holy Spirit to come. He came on the day of Pentecost 2,000 years ago and he hasn’t left. I’m serious. You say, “Man, you’re really messing with our terminology. . “ Well, should we just go on in our ignorance and continue misusing terms that affect our effectiveness? I know that it seems so simple. But again, he says, he that is joined to the Lord is of one spirit.

We’re Even Wrong About The Lord’s Prayer
“Are you actually suggesting, that the same spirit that dwelled in the physical human body, called Jesus, that same spirit that influence and brought miracles, teaching, resurrection from the dead, that same spirit is in me now?” Yes. That’s what I’m saying. Not one similar to it, but the same. Remember in John 17 when Jesus is praying? What does he pray? Father make them one. Now, read this carefully, it’s been preached . . .and that’s the Lord’s prayer by the way.

It’s not Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name . . . that’s your prayer. That’s not what Jesus prayed over them, that’s what he told them when they asked how they should pray. The Lord’s prayer is in John 17. But we’ve said that when John records Father make them one as you and I are one. And it certainly has one application to it, I’m not saying you can’t make this application at all. But we’ve said Jesus is praying for the unity of God’s people. But that’s not really what he was praying for. He was praying for you to come into union with him. And to understand as he understood his union with the Father.

In My Father’s House . . .The Carnal Mind Can’t Understand
He knew who he was in the Father. That’s why he says in John 14 if you have seen me, you’ve seen the Father. Have I been with you so long that you don’t know who I am? He said that because the disciples asked him a question because they were very troubled. Let not your hearts be troubled, if you believe in God, believe also in me, in my Father’s house are many mansions . . .or dwelling places. Not some planet out in another galaxy somewhere that has all these upscale neighborhoods like Beverly Hills. But many dwelling places . . you are the dwelling places in the Father’s house.

A passage in the Old Testament says a palace is not for man, but for the Lord God. So I just took your mansion away from you I guess. So he says, if it were not true, I would have told you. I’m going to prepare a place for you that where I’m going . . .no, that’s not what it says. It says where I . . am. . .let that just bounce around in your head. Cuz you think it means him going off somewhere and for the last 2,000 years, he’s been overseeing some construction sight. That where I am you may also be.

There response was comical actually. Lord, we don’t know the way. In other words, “Lord, we have no idea what you just said. . .” “Well I’ll tell you what, it will be sufficient if you’ll show us the way” And his response if you have seen me, you have seen the Father.

John 14
1"Don't be troubled. You trust God, now trust in me. 2There are many rooms in my Father's home, and I am going to prepare a place for you. If this were not so, I would tell you plainly. 3When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. 4And you know where I am going and how to get there." 5"No, we don't know, Lord," Thomas said. "We haven't any idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?" 6Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. 7 If you had known who I am, then you would have known who my Father is.[a] From now on you know him and have seen him!" 8Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and we will be satisfied." 9Jesus replied, "Philip, don't you even yet know who I am, even after all the time I have been with you? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking to see him? 10 Don't you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I say are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me. 11 Just believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or at least believe because of what you have seen me do.

Gird up the loins of . . .Your Mind!
You know why this is sometimes very difficult to get a hold of? I’ve already mentioned . ..that the carnal mind is at enmity with God, it’s always at war with God. Do you understand that this is not just something that I’m turning on you and aiming my frustration or anxiety at you? Do you understand that over the years as I’ve been renewing my mind to the truths of God’s word, that my mind wars with accepting these things as fact.

Today I’m meditating on these verses of Scripture and there’s really not anything particular going on that would distract me, but my mind is just going nuts. That’s why Peter says gird up the loins of your mind. The picture was they wore long-flowing robes and when they got ready to work or labor or run, they’d have to reach down and grab the excessive cloth and tuck them in their belts otherwise they would trip over them and it would greatly constrict their movement. And he’s likening that to your mind.

You’re mind has got all these loose ends everywhere like that. And then when you try to conceive and perceive truth, your mind is just tripping you up all over the place. That’s why it’s so difficult sometimes when I’m talking in these terms because I’m trying to bypass your mind and awaken you unto righteousness and to speak unto you something that is true of you. I’m just trying to get you to know who you already are.

So back in John 17, he’s praying Lord, make them one . . and again we’ve always thought “well, he’s praying for those 11 guys that are left over there. That bickering bunch, James, John and Peter, they’re always arguing over who gets the chief seat at the table. Like a bunch of kids fighting over who gets to set in the front seat on the way to church. NO, really what he’s praying about is for us to be made one and Christ and the Father are one.

You understand how powerful it is to marry those two Scriptures we just talked about? My question is not whether you can understand it, but that I understand my limitations in communicating it. Did you see that? Make them one, as you and I, are one. And I’m thankful to know that Jesus has all his prayers answered. Which means that you and I are one as Jesus and the Father are one. We just need to see and walk in that.

He ever liveth to make intercession for us. The reason why we have such a struggle with this is like here in Romans where we’ve been reading from, all of creation is groaning . they’re longing for, they’re waiting for . . . for what? The manifestation of the sons of God. And your flesh will groan with this, it’ll struggle with this and won’t let you believe this and cause you to question this, but I’m going to keep putting the mirror, the image of Christ in front of you until you start believing it about yourself. I don’t know why anybody wouldn’t want to come and hear a message like that.

Editor’s Note
I thought he was just commentating, just paraphrasing when he said the earth is waiting for the manifestation of the sons of God . . . and as usual, I’m wrong again. And, again, I can’t just pull out one verse, but what I will do is give you that one verse in the King James, the rest is all Message, I just love the way it flows.

Romans 8 KJV
18For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same 21Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. in hope,

22-25All around us we observe a pregnant creation. The difficult times of pain throughout the world are simply birth pangs. But it's not only around us; it's within us. The Spirit of God is arousing us within. We're also feeling the birth pangs. These sterile and barren bodies of ours are yearning for full deliverance. That is why waiting does not diminish us, any more than waiting diminishes a pregnant mother. We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don't see what is enlarging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy.
26-28Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.
29-30God knew what he was doing from the very beginning. He decided from the outset to shape the lives of those who love him along the same lines as the life of his Son. The Son stands first in the line of humanity he restored. We see the original and intended shape of our lives there in him. After God made that decision of what his children should be like, he followed it up by calling people by name. After he called them by name, he set them on a solid basis with himself. And then, after getting them established, he stayed with them to the end, gloriously completing what he had begun.
31-39So, what do you think? With God on our side like this, how can we lose? If God didn't hesitate to put everything on the line for us, embracing our condition and exposing himself to the worst by sending his own Son, is there anything else he wouldn't gladly and freely do for us? And who would dare tangle with God by messing with one of God's chosen? Who would dare even to point a finger? The One who died for us—who was raised to life for us!—is in the presence of God at this very moment sticking up for us. Do you think anyone is going to be able to drive a wedge between us and Christ's love for us? There is no way! Not trouble, not hard times, not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not bullying threats, not backstabbing, not even the worst sins listed in Scripture:

End of Edit

I’ve probably worn this out but I get weary turning the television on and seeing these self-righteous Bible-thumping preachers sticking their fingers through the screens when they are whited sepulchres of dead mans bones themselves. (Matt. 23:27) And they’re condemning everyone else to hell. I don’t see that in the ministry of Jesus. In fact he was blasted for being a friend of tax collectors, wine bibbers, harlots, sinners of all kinds were comfortable around him and it was the preachers who were squirming.

Rubbing Elbows With the Low-Lifes
Extortionists and 1st century mafia wanted him to come to their house to eat at their tables and rub elbows with them. And the most shocking thing of all, he did!! That’s why I say all the time that we should constantly be questioning ourselves whether or not we are really Christians or Christ-like. How many card-carrying, hell-raising friends do you have? Because they ought to be drawn to you if Christ is really in you. And not the religious Jesus either.

We need to realize we’re not going to be “infected” by the sinful bondages and diseases they have because greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world. You have an immunity in you. You can walk through and in anything and it won’t get on you. But no, the church has preached a self-righteous message and we cocoon and we pull ourselves back and commune with only church people because we get all afraid . .let’s be honest about this, take your religious masks off . . .because we’re afraid that if we get out there and get to close to them, we’ll turn into one of them!

I certainly don’t want you to think I’m saying we need to this but we ought to, ever once and a while, be so financially secure that we can shut church down as long as we need to and go out and be the salt and light to the world because we’re certainly not salt and light during the week. We should be having our church over the fences of our backyards. Okay, I’m off track and need to get back on. In Ephesians 2, there are what I call power prepositions. What does the word ”preposition” mean? In, with, for . .all of those things are prepositions. In other words, they are a “pre-“ positioning. They determine the position of the subject. So with that in mind . . .

Ephesians 2
1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Editor’s Note
Just a quick thing to point out here because I think he takes this passage somewhere else. But I wanted to direct your attention just for a minute to verse 7 were it talks about “That in the ages to come, he might show . .´ We’ve broken some ground, and I hope you’re beginning to grasp this, but we broke new ground concerning when Jesus actually gave all of himself over as redemption for our ransom . .before the foundations of the earth. This verse is another reference, as far as I’m concerned, to that very truth.

Remember the word study on “foundation of the world”, if you read it in that light, you can see this points to that as well. Reread just verses 4-6, then read verse 7 and see if you can see it. That in ages to come. . . We were made one with him before the foundations of the world, so that in the ages to come we could see the greatness of his grace in Christ, and because we ourselves are also in Christ, that same grace works through us. . .we living in their ages to come. Mind boggling.
End of Edit

Hath, past tense in verse 6. We’re not going to, in the future be raised up in heavenly places, he hath . . .now, time out. There is a heaven. I don’t share the same views that most people do about heaven, but there is a heaven. It’s more of a dimension than it is a direction. Let’s move on quickly before I get in trouble there.

I’m SEATED
In heavenly places in Christ Jesus. Did you notice as you read through all of this passage that he has identified with us and identified us with everything that I’ve been talking about so far. He was crucified, he died. He was buried. He was quickened. He was raised. And what was the last thing? This is important, what was the last thing he identified us with? Crucified, died, buried, quickened, raised . . .seated. Repeat that a couple times.

Why am I making such a big deal out of that? In our next session, I’ll take you deeper into that, but for now, understand that those are six points of our identification with Christ. In Romans Paul elaborates even more about it.

I love John 15, I’ve touched on 14 and 17, but I love 15, in fact there’s a very popular book out right now that is getting a lot of exposure about the vine life. He said I am the vine and you are the branches. There’s another picture of being in him again. Is there a different substance in the branch of a tree than there is in the trunk? No, it’s the same. That’s why Jesus used that as an example. I am the vine, you are the branches.

Remember what he said in the 12th chapter of John when he stated if I be lifted up I will draw all men unto me. Again talking about the cross. I will draw ”all” men he says that because his death is your death. When he gave his life on the cross, with you in him, that drew you to him. Then he goes on and says except a corn of wheat falls down into the ground and dies, it abideth alone. But if it falls down into the ground and dies, it brings forth “much” fruit . . now who is the corn of wheat? He’s talking about his own death because when he died, he died alone on the cross. Had he not have died, he would have remained alone because it’s through death the drawing comes

Now, Jesus was not buried in the ground, he was buried in a tomb hewn out of a rock. So what is he talking about? If this seed, if this truth, falls into ”you”, into “this ground” your spirit, and it dies there, it brings forth much fruit. Not because it’s of death, but it’s a seed of life. That is what brings our union with him. He is the vine, we’re the branches.

The Act of Grafting “In”
Remember in Romans 11, it speaks about us being a wild olive branch and we were grafted into him. Whenever you graft something, whenever you graft a branch into a plant, an incision is required. Blended Edit . . An opening of the side of the living thing must happen first. Isn’t that a powerful picture. In order for us to be grafted into the vine, which is obviously Christ, the vine had to first be opened up. Now, grasp this if you can . . .even though . . . Jesus gave up his spirit on the cross . .for our sins . . . he still had to have his side opened up. See, he was already dead and gone when that centurion pierced him. But it still had to happen. Sure, the centurion had his reasons, he wanted to make sure Jesus was dead, but he could have done that by breaking his legs, which was the tradition. But no, instead he pierced his side.

And even though blood and water came out, which is another picture of the church, it wasn’t just about what came out, but also, what was grafted in. That’s why it was so important that Thomas was instructed to examine the scars in his hands and feet, but he had to thrust his hand into the one in his side, it was so that Christ could graft him into what he just did on the cross. Grafting isn’t just observing, it’s engaging into.

To Thrust
1) to throw or let go of a thing without caring where it falls
a) to scatter, to throw, cast into
b) to give over to one's care uncertain about the result
c) of fluids
1) to pour, pour into of rivers
2) to pour out
2) to put into, insert End Edit

When you cut it, you can take something other than it’s nature and the grafted branch will begin to assimilate it’s host. I was sitting on my couch the other day watching the discovery channel or something and I just thought I was going to explode. I heard about this firemen out in Washington state. There was this one who’d burned his hand so badly they thought he was going to lose it. You know what they did? They took his badly burn hand, opened up his side, inserted his hand into it, and sewed it back up, with his hand still inside of him, knowing that the body has the power to regenerate itself.

And I thought, My God, how badly damaged goods we ourselves were, and he opened up his own side and inserted us into him so that we would then be regenerated in him. What a picture of an in Christ message!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum