APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's a WONDERFUL Blessing . . .but comes at a unique cost.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cross-eyed

I've been personally experiencing this phenomenon again with this positioning in Christ that God has been establishing us in, and in us.

It's sad, but I guess it's the price we all are being required to pay if we truly want to pursue the freedom of Christ in us. And that is . . . the high percentage of us becoming outcasts to our church friends and family members because of this radical place we have found ourselves in.

Nothing has changed personally. I would still rather be right were the Father has brought me to, than to be anywhere near where I was in my religious days leading into where I am now.

But it never occurred to me that the people in the old circles I used to run in would now claim that "I" am among the so-called "lost". But it's been happening more and more frequently. We are kind of experiencing two separate battle lines . . .that may be a bit too strong of a word, really, but there seems to be two separate forces to reckon with nonetheless.

The one is your traditional, ungodly neighbors to which we're to be ambassadors of Christ to at every opportunity, which is no different than when I was in tradition. But the second force, and to me, it truly "is" a battle-front, is the religious people out there that take offense at the fact that we would even contemplate hell isn't what the religious world has globally accepted it to be, and, that Christ actually affected the entire human race when he allowed himself to be the ULTIMATE sacrifice.

I can deal with the ungodly much easier than I can with the religious. In fact, the ungodly are much more open, because they've also heard the religious claims and they've already walked away from them due to "something" in them not finding any solace in the message.

It's the religious that perplex me the most. They're much more aggressive . . .more offensive, more belligerent, pious, condescending, argumentative, and restrictive than anyone.

And when I read your guy's posts, I see you experience the same things as well. The beauty of all of this is . . .every knee shall bow . .that includes the religious . . .and no, God isn't going to "force" ANYONE to bow down to him. They will bow their knee and confess with their mouths that he is Lord, just as voluntarily as we do now. "That's" where I put my faith at when I find my current state under the duress of their rants against me. I didn't put me where I am, I just willingly followed the sound that led me to this place. I'm not about to defend the experience.

I embrace the experience of freedom and continue to try to plant life seeds in their darkened wombs . .. in faith that God will once again turn that which is barren and bleeding into a womb that is expanding with life and birthing his nature of freedom and relationship into their lives once again.

Its very difficult not fitting into either camp. I don't really want people to even think of me as a christian, and I don't really want to be thought of as one either, at least not in the typical american viewpoint. But I'm no unwashed heathen either Smile

When I was in churchianity the whole purpose of being with the unsaved was to get em saved, and make sure they don't rub off on you. Now I have a hard time hanging out with my church friends because its so hard to bite my tongue and not implore them to re-evaluate their vision of God. At least when I'm with non-christians if I share some "out there" things like God saves everyone, or that we are the Sons of God, I don't have to worry about backlash, or condescending "here comes the new age mumbo jumbo, I've gotta put a stop to this look".

Its just amazing how your perspective changes. I feel like I need to evangelize my christian friends and fellowship with non-christians.

3 It's a wonderful blessing on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:48 pm

srichard

I know,Nathan...I wouldn't exchange what I have now

with Him...for all the churches in the world[religious

institutes]. I think back to 12-14 yrs ago..people used

to say 'she's real religious" makes me 'cringe"

You have a lovely site here, where we can be free to share

intimate spiritual things with each other,without being

mocked or picked to death over it.

God Bless you, Sheila

cross-eyed

Sheila . . .what's mine is yours . . .this is your site to now!! Smile

And Jeremy . . .beautifully put!! I especially loved this last part . . .

I feel like I need to evangelize my christian friends and fellowship with non-christians.

I couldn't agree with this more!! It's SUPPOSED to be a GENUINE relationship that we're to have, not one with hidden agendas. Jesus didn't worry about getting leprosy when he laid hands on the lepers . . .he was genuinely their friend. And Scripture doesn't tell us to love our enemies with the intent of getting them saved . . . religion tires me out.

Patrick1

I agree with what you all have said. I live in the heart of the Church of God community, where church of God, Baptists, Church of Christ, and Pentecostal denominations abound. It is a regular smorgasbord of the religious. And then there is little old me smack dab in the middle of them all. Everything is fine till I open my mouth and tell someone the deeper things that God has showed me. then all hell breaks loose. Even the simple things get me into great trouble with those in authority.

I shared with someone the other day that we are being baptized "into" the Name - the nature and character of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. When it finally dawned upon them that I was not talking about being baptized in water I was politely asked to leave.

I definitely get less grief from those who are not saved in this area then those who are traditional Christians who are bound hand and foot to their denominations.

Grace and Peace Patrick

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
I couldn't agree more with all of you. It definitively seems easier to talk to those outside mainstream Christianity than those within...Kinda makes me wonder what did Paul really mean when he said have no fellowship with the "unfruitful works" of darkness, but rather reprove them.

And who is it really who has taken "The Name/Nature of The Lord in vain"...The World or Religion?

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

cross-eyed

Yup . . .I've been in a face book conversation with a gentlemen who was a pastor in the same denomination that I was pastoring in . . .in the beginning, he was extremely excited over some of the stuff I'd share with him . . .until . . . once he realized I was loose from the pasture of the FENCED IN denomination, he really balked after that.

And recently I've been posting some . . .somewhat controversial things to a religious person that he's been resonding to . . .but like many of the religious, once they peg you, pretty much everything they say to you is a quote out of the bible . . .like you didn't realize that passage was there until just that moment.

In the end of our conversations, to his credit, he was very gracious in his exit. Most have to throw out several accusations and some name calling before they leave. Religion can get ugly real quick.

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
And I ... like the rest of you .. agree that it is hard ... what came to mind with me is what Scherryl and I once discussed ....

during the mock trial of Christ before the Pharisees ... He did not open His mouth to defend His beliefs ... and this is what I see in us here in this forum ... more and more we have to hold our tongue to avoid confrontation ....

We will speak of what we know when asked ... but I myself try to walk away from anything that will take away from His nature in me ...

Love all that is said here .. and it is taken to heart
Jugg

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

cross-eyed

Yup . . . one thing I've learned from my frustrations in communicating is . . .identify the field you're walking in as to what season the person is in. If the ground is frozen, there will be no planting that day, so it'd be best to save your energy for when the season in them changes.

The other piece to this is, realize there's a difference between "clarifying" and "defending". Truth needs no defense. Our experience in our relationship with the Father needs no defense. Clarification perhaps, but no defense. And the purpose of clarification is basically using the opportunity to plant the seed of truth in others. But if it's being demanded of me, or someone is attacking me and wanting "proof", no matter what I say after that, it's not going to be received.

Shaking the dust from my shoes on the matter for me is merely not allowing their flesh to influence or affect my walk. Sometimes we can get sucked into conversations we really don't want to be engaged in due to the volatile atmosphere already in place. It's surprising how a message of life can be such an ignition to attacks from the religious

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
This conversation reminds me of a Famous Quote I once heard:

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary,
For those who don't believe, no proof is possible"

When dealing with The Religious mindset, this is exactly what plays out.

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

cross-eyed

Oh man . . .I love that!!!

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
cross-eyed wrote:Oh man . . .I love that!!!

I thought you might like that, Smile

Blessings

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum