View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Tape 1 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:01 pm

cross-eyed

I think we have it now.

Last edited by cross-eyed on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

2 Tape 1 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:02 pm

cross-eyed

Introduction
To you on this forum, I've had this on file for about 5 or 6 years now . . .it was one of the most profound teachings I'd done when I was still cutting my teeth on these matters. This is another of Randall Worley's teachings that I had transcribed word for word in the same manner that I did the revelation series. This series covers a pretty broad spectrum of subjects which makes it even more interesting. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

------------------------------------------------------------

This is a six-tape series I received from a friend just recently. I have not had these very long at all. In fact, I received them about 2 weeks ago and just finished listening to the last one only days before I felt the leading of suggesting this be shared in a Sunday School setting. The Pastor that’s sharing is Randal Worley, If you would like to check out his web site, his address is http://www.hwministries.com/home/home.asp.

Randal Worley is the same individual from which I’ve been teaching the Revelation tape series from. All of what is written is a word-for-word dictation of his sermons. There are occasions where I insert my personal thoughts in with what he has, when I do this, I will always mark it’s beginning with the heading ”Editor’s Note” and end it with ”End of Note”. This is so you will know where my insertions begin and end.

I also will often throw in different variations of Bible translations, he primarily uses King James. So now we begin . . .

3 Re: Tape 1 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:04 pm

cross-eyed

Beginning in a Mystery
We’re going to be embarking on an in-depth study of the Mystery of Christ in you. I’ll be explaining more about that as we go. I believe this is probably one of the most neglected truths in all the New Testament and I’m very emphatic about that. The mystery of Christ in you, or the life of Christ in you is certainly something that has been proclaimed, but it’s not been adequately explained. And I hope that doesn’t just sound like some pun that I just put together because I believe it’s extremely important that we have these truths explained to us.

So we’re going to begin this with Colossians 1:26 as we move right into the middle of a thought that Paul is expressing . . .

Colossians 1
26Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
28Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus

Message Translation
26This mystery has been kept in the dark for a long time, but now it's out in the open. 27God wanted everyone, not just Jews, to know this rich and glorious secret inside and out, regardless of their background, regardless of their religious standing. The mystery in a nutshell is just this: Christ is in you, therefore you can look forward to sharing in God's glory. It's that simple. That is the substance of our Message

Living For Christ Versus Christ Living In Us

The phrase we want to focus on is in the last part of verse 27, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. So the truth of Christ in us has remained a mystery in so many people and I believe the reason why is because we have focused on trying to live for Christ instead of letting Christ live in us. (soak that in for a minute) I’ve made this statement before and I will continue to do so because, even though it seems like a very simple thing, it’s yet very profound. It’s profoundly simple, yet simply profound.

I have found in the last few weeks as I’ve been studying on this that there is at least 164 times where you have the term in Christ or some variation of it. Paul mentions this concept 30 times in the book of Ephesians alone. Being in Christ. We want to first just take a minute and take a closer look at this word “mystery”. What does that mean?

Understanding Mystery
Whenever we see the word “mystery” used in Scripture, it doesn’t mean that it “can’t” be understood. It’s important that we first get that clear in our minds before moving forward. It doesn’t mean that it can’t be understood. There are certain things that God has concealed, it’s not a matter of breaking a code, but there are certain things that God has concealed in his Word that he desires to “re-veal” to us. But it’s not going to come just through casual observation.

In fact, it’s not going to come by taking your Bible, sitting down with a concordance and looking up all the definitions of the meaning of the words, in Greek or Hebrew, knowledge helps, but it’s not the answer to what we’re talking about. I’ve done that for years, but it’s not just about looking into the meaning of what we consider different concepts. But it’s really about beginning to receive a revelation, not just information, but revelation, an unveiling. Something that’s not just understood with the mind, but something that is perceived by your spirit.

I AM A SPIRIT
I’m going to make a statement here that may cause some of you to get distracted here for a minute and I don’t want that to happen, but I want you to ponder it for the rest of this week. We are not so much human beings having spiritual experiences, as much as we are spiritual beings having human experiences. Don’t get stumped on it, but do give it some meditational thought. The reason it’s important to grasp is because it’s something regarding our identity in Christ that we want to explore throughout this lesson.

Christian Life Is Impossible
I’ve already said it, but I feel like I need to take my time and say once again that the Christian life is not a matter of you living for Christ, but it’s a matter of Christ living in you. Now, understand that what I’m leading you into here is not for your natural mind, okay? If there’s a struggle there, then tell yourself to relax and receive. I’m going to give you spiritual seeds all throughout this and you need to let them be planted as such. I said that to say this, the Christian life is not difficult, it’s impossible. Just let that resonate in you for a minute. The Christian life is not difficult, it’s impossible.

1st Mystery
That’s why it’s important to understand the mystery of Christ in us. There are 16 different things called a mystery in the New Testament. But they all come under two major categories of mystery. The first one is, the mystery of Christ in us as we talked about. Paul states in 1 Timothy, great is the mystery of godliness . . . that God was made manifest in the flesh . .

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

16This Christian life is a great mystery, far exceeding our understanding, but some things are clear enough: He appeared in a human body, was proved right by the invisible spirit, was seen by angels. He was proclaimed among all kinds of peoples, believed in all over the world, taken up into heavenly glory.

Incarnation is a Process
Now, you don’t have any problem embracing, or accepting the fact that it was a marvelous and mystery that God became flesh in Jesus. But what we have problems understanding that the incarnation is an ongoing experience. It’s not something that just happened once, but it’s continuing to happen. So great is the mystery, it’s not just a mystery, it’s a great mystery.

2nd Mystery
The second category under which mystery falls in the New Testament is the mystery of iniquity. We’ll talk about that in the weeks to come. Paul refers to that in Thessalonians, that if we can really understand these two mysteries then we’re well on our way. We have if you will, the keys to open the doors of understanding Christ in us.

So what is a mystery?
I’m not really satisfied with a lot of definitions I’ve looked into so far. It simply means a secret that is disclosed to those that are initiated. I’m not real happy with that. Do you understand that sometimes when you’re looking up a definition of a word or phrase in Scripture, and once you get your Bible dictionary or your concordance definition, it’s still not any clearer to you than it was before you started looking up the definition? I think sometimes again, it’s not just a matter of getting a definition, but it’s a matter of getting a revelation.

I’ve already said, and at the risk of sounding redundant, I’ll say it again, the mysteries of God are not concealed from us, but they’re concealed for us. So what we want to do is to work on looking at several different things found in Scripture that are mysterious but have been made clear to us.

Philippians 4:13
13I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me

A Scripture we know by heart. But watch what we’re about to see in this. The key word in this passage is “through him”. It’s not “I can do all things” as we always emphasize. But it’s “through him” that you can do all things. (I have to do this, I’m throwing in Message translation, see if it speaks to you as much, if not more.)

13Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.

Depending on Self-helps
But it’s “through him” that you can do all things. You say “well that’s pretty obvious.” Well, if that’s so obvious, then why is it that so many Christians are focused on self-improvement and self-development and self-discipline? And thinking that “If I learn more then I’m going to grow in God. If I read more books that are about the Bible, if I listen to more tapes, if I go to more seminars, then I’ll probably grow as a result of that.” I’ll tell you that you can’t make yourself grow.

We all know the passage that Paul states, “I planted, Apollos watered, but it’s God who gives the increase.” You don’t grow just as a result of gaining more knowledge about him. In fact, in Matthew 6 Jesus stated “Which on of you, by taking thought can make yourself taller? (Matt. 6:27) Consider the Lillies on how they grow, they don’t toil or spin.” A lot of seminars, as far as I’m concerned, are toiling and spinning seminars, with a good intention of trying to help people with spiritual growth and maturity, but really what they’re doing eventually, is making them more frustrated.

Natural Actions Doesn’t Support Spiritual growth
The reason being is because they’re not teaching them to put their focus on the life of Christ that is in them. In fact in Galatians 3 Paul addresses this by saying “Oh, ye foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you? Can you complete that which was begun in the spirit?” If it was started by the spirit then it has to be something that’s made complete by the spirit. It’s not as a result by your effort. Now, this isn’t giving us a license to be lazy. That’s not what we’re trying to say at all. But there’s some things that have to be brought into balance.

Reinventing Revival
People have said “What we really need is a revival. . .God send a revival!” I think what most people need to realize is that God has sent a revival but most people didn’t even notice it. The reason being is because the real revival they think they’re wanting took place in their spirit at the invitation of Christ into their lives. Death was brought back to life. I don’t want him to revive what I used to be. The definition of revival means to raise something that is dead. If you or your church is spiritually dead, you don’t just need revived, you need saved! Salvation in Christ, is revival.

If my life is hid with Christ in God, then I’m supposed to set my affections on things that are above and not on things that are on the earth. (he that hath an ear . .) Because if I be dead with Christ, them I’m also risen with him. There’s my revival, my revival took place in the flesh 2,000 years ago, I just haven’t learned to identify with it yet.

Superficial Searching
I think one thing that characterizes our generation of believers more than anything else is that they’re in a continuous church for something more, something new. Every year, I see this, every year there’s a new search for a new fad or wave. People are so spiritually restless and tell themselves “well, maybe if I can experience that . . . that will bring me to where I’m supposed to be spiritually . .” And I think that’s why there are so many people that are disillusioned and restless these days. It’s not going to found in something you can do, instead, it’s in discovering what’s already been done.

And I know that seems too simple or easy, that’s why Paul says in another place that he was jealous over the believers that he had ministered to in 2 Corinthians 11 he says “I am jealous over you with a godly jealousy and I have espoused as a virgin to one husband . . .” he’s talking about Christ. He’s basically saying “I’m jealous over you with a godly jealousy and I’m concerned that you’re going to be corrupted from the simplicity of the gospel.”

There are a lot of people, that when they started out in Christ, they had a more intimate relationship with him the day when they first accepted him into their heart and were spiritually ignorant and illiterate, than they do now. Now being a Christian for them is so much more complicated. Remember, when you are born again you were received with simplicity, right? Then when you set off on this journey to grow and mature and the more you learned, the more complicated it became. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

We preachers and teachers are guilty of that. We really are, and I think the reason being is again we have not pointed people to Christ. I’m not just talking about the work that happens in Salvation, but the work already done in us.

Colossians 3
1If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Christ Appearing . . . in You
Now there is a new light I’d like to shed on this passage aside from the traditional patterns that get taught on this. If you can keep in the forefront of your mind that we are eating spiritual food from a written letter, and these written words are to then be planted in the fashion from which they were sent, which is to say this, it’s a spiritual appearing of Christ in you that verse 4 is actually implying, not the so-called second coming of Christ to the world.

When we begin to understand that our life is hid with Christ in God, then Christ, who is our life, will appear to our understanding. He’s going to begin to appear in you. It’s no longer going to be a mystery, it’s going to be apparent, be something that is obvious. Most believers are struggling to become what they already are. All my life, I was taught “ . .if I do this and this, act this way, separate myself from hanging around those kinds of people, don’t do that or that, then that in itself will cause the life of Christ to be expressed in me.

Editor’s Note
Now, before you jump up and say that didn’t happen that way . . .think about it truthfully. It may not have been preached from a pulpit that this is what you do in order to be righteous. But it was strongly implied that if you didn’t act or talk in this manner, that you were at least, in need of laying on of hands. In their eyes, your callousness toward walking as a Christian should walk, merited much prayer and maybe even fasting from them for your salvation. And as they did, there would be comments from them on why you’re not being like the other Christians or they would pull you aside and try to “instruct” you on your errors. By the time it was all said and done, you just wanted to crawl under a pew and stay there until everyone else went to their self-righteous homes. Religion births guilt, shame, and even bondage.
End of Note

Emphasis on Works Only Births Frustration and False Security
If I focus on what I do, or what I find myself not doing, I forever live in a state of frustration. The good that I would do, I don’t do. That which I wished I wouldn’t do, I find myself doing. So that certainly isn’t the answer. It all has to do with focus. With what I am beholding, what my attention is fixed upon. Whatever I behold, is what I become.

2 Corinthians 3
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. 16Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away. 17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord

15Even today when the proclamations of that old, bankrupt government are read out, they can't see through it. Only Christ can get rid of the veil so they can see for themselves that there's nothing there. 16Whenever, though, they turn to face God as Moses did, God removes the veil and there they are--face to face! 17They suddenly recognize that God is a living, personal presence, not a piece of chiseled stone. And when God is personally present, a living Spirit, that old, constricting legislation is recognized as obsolete. We're free of it! 18All of us! Nothing between us and God, our faces shining with the brightness of his face. And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him.

For we are all changed . . .how? How many of us have things about ourselves that we’d like to change? Have you tried to change it through prayer? Have you tried to change it by looking up and studying all the Scriptures that convict you of that particular behavior? None of those things are going to change you. Blended Edit . . .You say “Now wait, I thought reading the Bible was the same as looking into his face . . .when I read the Bible the power of the holy Scripture enough? Isn’t that what I’m supposed to do?

No. Understand what Scripture is First, understand what it’s not. It’s not your Savior. It’s not your Healer. It’s not your life-line. We’ve made it become all of those things, but it’s not any of those. Many of us, with good intentions I’m sure, have formed Jesus as this holy thing that you can’t touch, or underline, and we bring quick condemnation on ourselves and others if, God forbid, we forget to spend time with it every day. No, Christ is not the Bible, and the Bible should never take the place of Christ.

The Bible is about Christ. It points to Christ. Christ uses it to speak to you and plant seeds of life in your spirit, but as far as salvation, you can experience it without reading or memorizing the Bible. There are pastors and people that have literally carried the Bible around with them for years because Scripture says to be instant in season and out of season . . .and they carry the thing around with them for years, but never experience the fact that Jesus is a person, a relationship, not an instruction manual that you only get blessings from if you follow all the instructions. Read that passage in 2 Corinthians again, what changes you is not looking at a book or religion, it’s simply “looking at Him” that changes you.
End of Edit

The only thing that will change you is beholding him. “ . . . for we are all changed as we behold HIM . .” as we look at him, that’s what changes us into the same image . .from glory to glory . . I used to think that meant ascending levels of glory or maturity, but that’s not what it means at all. If Christ is in me, as I behold who he is then there becomes a mirror image. It’s from glory . ..to glory. It’s from my first experience with him (glory in salvation) to finding precious windows of eternal revelation of his intimacy and grace (glory in revelation understanding). Reread the Message translation of that verse and see if that helps with this concept.

Editor’s Note!!
Let’s back up for just a second and take another look at something here that I think will also open some eyes with this idea. This context is all dealing with a veil. A veil that God doesn’t want to be there. This veil is not a veil that is removed through salvation. Let’s first understand that. Remember what you are? You are a spirit that has a soul temporarily living in a body. God is a spirit through and through. He has neither soul or body, he’s all spirit. So in order for him to talk to us, he may sometimes have to get your attention through the natural so you’ll begin searching for him in the spiritual. But even though he uses the natural to reveal things and to get your attention, that’s not where the intimacy is.

Veil of Thinking
Understand that? Relationship with Christ is not through physical, natural, or carnal acts or thinking. It’s through the spirit. The veil that he speaks of, is your mind. It’s not in your mind, it is your mind. It veils spiritual things. Scripture says we are “in” Christ and Christ is a spirit.

You’re going to find that out more and more throughout this study. But understand, if you want intimacy with God, you’re not going to achieve that through acting out physical duties. It doesn’t come through singing a song, it doesn’t come through prayer, it doesn’t come through going to church. The list goes on and on. All of those things are physical acts that we convince ourselves are vital to having a relationship with God.

If that were all true, that we are supposed to do all those things, then Jesus ministry would have reflected that. But instead, he actually warred against those that enforced it. So the veil, how can I say it’s not through salvation? Did we not just read the same passage? Does it not say 15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. 16Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away? Doesn’t that say that when I turn my heart to the Lord that the veil is removed?

Spiritual Must Replace Natural
Ah, yes it does, but you’re using your natural understanding when you assume that means becoming saved. How do I know? Let me ask you this . . . how many born-again Christians do you know that don’t believe in the spiritual gifts like you do? Are they not saved? If so, shouldn’t they see clearly that the gifts never left? No. Why? Because the veil is not about salvation, not in this passage.

It’s about mindsets of religion. It’s about reading the law of Moses and trying to apply it to our natural lives. They had to sacrifice a lamb every time they sinned, so I must also go and ask for forgiveness from God every time I sin. Why? Because that’s the law of Moses. What’s wrong with it? It was for those who lived by the unfulfilled law. It’s taking something that God used for a people that didn’t know what a messiah was, they had no savior because he didn’t yet come.

Fulfilling the Whole Law
Why can’t we apply that now? Because to do so means you’re ignoring everything that Christ did do. He fulfilled the whole law. All of it. He didn’t fulfill some of it and reestablish some of it. He fulfilled every dot and tittle. Yet there are still Christians that feel in order to receive their righteousness, they have to physically act out things that their spirits are supposed to do naturally. That’s where we get the term works and faith. Works are things that make you feel your accomplishing your righteousness. Faith is believing in Christ who already accomplished your authorization at the cross.

So, we’re spirits that have souls that live in bodies. (My own understanding has changed a bit on this since I wrote this edit) The veil is the soul/mind. It’s always at enmity with God. How can I remove the veil? Now understand by veil I’m not talking about the warring, as long as you live in this natural body, your soul is always at conflict with the Spirit. But what I am referring to is a veil of understanding spiritual realms, dimensions, and kingdoms. The very thing Jesus spent so much of his ministry teaching. The kingdom of God is like . . . The ability to not only receive, but understand the spiritual seed that’s getting planted in you so that you can reproduce that same life-seed and plant it in others. That’s the veil I’m referring to.

How do I remove that veil? By turning. John had to experience a turning in Revelation in order to record the “unveiling” of Jesus Christ. Elijah had to turn around and go back the way he came in order to reproduce an Elisha.
16Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away. 17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty

Turn to the Lord. Not the letter of a law, not to the Scriptures, not to teachers, preachers, denominational mindsets, those are again, all natural acts. No, turn to the Lord. Now, the Lord is THAT SPIRIT. Turn AWAY from your religious traditions. That’s why he referred to the reading of Moses. Moses is the symbolism of law. But the Lord isn’t in the law . .how do we know that? Because that’s the very thing that Jesus said in John 5.

39"You search the Scriptures because you believe they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me! 40Yet you refuse to come to me so that I can give you this eternal life.

Jesus isn’t in the law because all the law is, is a sign that points to Jesus! You want to have spiritual understanding in the kingdom of God? Lay your head down, turn your heart, your spirit around and center it on the Lord who is a spirit and let him bring his liberty in you. End of Note

Philippians 1
21For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. KJV
21For to me, living is for Christ, and dying is even better NLT
21Alive, I'm Christ's messenger; dead, I'm his bounty. Life versus even more life! I can't lose.

Some of these verses seem so simple, but just let them resonate in your head for a minute. “For me to live, is Christ.”

Galatians 2
20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain

20 Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me 21I am not going to go back on that. Is it not clear to you that to go back to that old rule-keeping, peer-pleasing religion would be an abandonment of everything personal and free in my relationship with God? I refuse to do that, to repudiate God's grace. If a living relationship with God could come by rule-keeping, then Christ died unnecessarily.

Power of Faith
the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, . . .See what he’s saying? The natural life I live, I’ve turned over to living in faith, not by works or by law. This all has to do with the object of faith. If your faith is not in your ability to produce the life of Christ, but instead, your faith is in Christ and he’ll produce the life that he desires through you. Faith is no better than the object it’s fixed upon.

Progression of Hope and Faith
That’s why he speaks in Colossians 3 about his life being hidden God. It’s not because he sees himself as perfect, but by faith he’s saying his life is in the process of being perfected through Christ. My life is hid with Christ in God . . .I have a hope of that, it’s not something that “might” happen but it’s something that is coming clearer to me as well as you, every day. Focus on that. That’s why Paul says in another place that we see through a glass darkly. . .it’s kind of vague, kind of foggy, but it’s getting clearer all the time, isn’t it.

It’s like having your sight restored gradually. Your vision is coming back to you to where you’re beginning to behold him and that same image is transferring to you. You ever come out of a darkened room that you’ve been in for some time and you step out into the daylight. For a couple minutes you’re practically walking around with you eyes closed until they get adjusted to allow more light in. It’s the same thing hear. It may not be that we’ve been in complete darkness all of our lives, but I dare say that there’ve been times when our spiritual rooms become darkened by our stubbornness and rebellion to let God change us sometimes. And when we do step out into his marvelous light, often times we still don’t get all the revelation of him because we’re still trying to let our eyes adjust to the brilliance of his truth and nature.

Mystery is in Simplicity, But Also Takes Time
These things shouldn’t really be that difficult for us to understand, they shouldn’t be lofty things. I think that’s probably one of the things that’s a stumbling block to us because our minds convince us that it’s got to be more difficult or complicated than that. But it’s not. We want to talk about this mystery of this union with him. Like the study of Revelation, it may be less frustrating for all involved if we just let it out now, this is going to take some time. We’re not going to rush it, God has an established amount of time set aside just for us so we can absorb as much of him as we can. So if you think you may go away from this today incomplete, just keep coming back, he’ll complete you eventually, just continue being a willing and open vessel he can continue to pour his truth into.

Oceans and Gulfs
The more we’ll meditate these truths, the more they’ll unfold and unfold and unfold. So let’s start by looking at something that may be a little more concrete for you in terms of our union with Him. How Christ is in you and you are in Christ. A few years ago I was down on the beach in the panhandle of Florida and my feet were in the sand getting all mushy and I just made a comment to another person there, “Boy isn’t the ocean beautiful.” And immediately he said it’s not the ocean, it’s the gulf. I said “well it looks like the ocean to me.” No, it’s the gulf.

The Oil Rig
The reason why that came back to me here is because, you know you may call that the gulf, and the ocean is further out once you reach a certain point where it’s no longer a gulf, but an ocean. If you got a handful of the water in the bay and a handful of water out of the ocean, they’d be the same. They’re in union with one another. True? I know that’s simple, but that’s one of the things that really enlightened me with my relationship in him. I heard about an oil rig . . . and this really reminds me of Christians that are always trying to justify their thinking by telling themselves “you know if I just plum the depths of all these things that will finally influence the way I live and make me righteous. But there was an oil rig that was somewhere off the coast of Louisiana, way out there and they were drilling deep beneath the surface of the water, hundreds, thousands of feet before they finally even get to the ocean’s floor and then down further below that to draw oil out.

But then something really bazaar happened, they reached, in their drilling, a cavern that was far beneath the ocean floor. And when they did, the whole rig was sucked down into it. It took the entire rig down through the thousands of feet of water, down through the floor of the ocean and it disappeared into this great cavern. It was just sucked in and I think that’s a picture of what God would love to do to us. Rather than us just stick a spiritual straw in his vastness and suck just enough for us to get by, he wants to just take a hold of our straws and pull us into him so much so that we completely disappear from our original identity.

Alert For Differences
So many people today get hung up on their identity. Everybody has different forms of identity crisis. That’s why that Scripture is so powerful to my spirit where is says in Acts that in him we live . .and move . . .and have our being. Most people feel they need to “know what their doctrine is.” “This is what I believe.” In fact that’s what almost every person that comes through the doors of any church they visit. The first question out of their mouth is . .”What is it you guys believe?” I get a little weary with that because usually . . .even though I don’t have any problem with doctrine, you do understand what I’m saying . . .but usually the reason why people want to know that is because they want to find out if there’s any areas of disagreement they have with you.

I think that’s why Paul stated I am determined to know nothing among you except Christ and him crucified. . . “I’m tired of all these things that divide us, if we focus on Christ, where then, can we find a point of argumentation?” I have to keep coming back to this again and again because as a Pastor, I though if I would preach to people about the woes of sin and I’d preach to them about the effects of sin and I’d preach about temptation and all the things that are entailed in that, that all that would equip them with the ability to live the Christ life.

The Wrong Door
But I was wrong. I was seriously wrong. I’d made a terrible error. Because the more I preached against sin and about sin and how to avoid temptation, the more people sinned! But now as we’re beginning to teach people about they the righteousness of God in Christ . . . there it is again. You are the righteousness of God where? In Christ. And as I began to wash their consciousness, if you will, with the Word of God. That’s not a concept that is mine, that’s what Paul speaks about. That we are washed by a regeneration and by a renewing of the Holy Ghost.

Regeneration!
Regeneration, say that to yourself. Can you hear the word “re-gene-erated? That’s our problem, there’s something seriously wrong with our genes. We’re still relating to much to the old man, to what we were.

Ephesians 3:20
20Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

That’s an “in-Christ” passage. It’s not intended to be whipped out and quoted just before we tell God what we want. He is able to do above and beyond of anything we ask, but that shouldn’t be the emphasis. If it is, then you’re still thinking more about you and what you can do with His power, than who you are because that power is working where? In You! This verse isn’t about your ability to do or have him to do for you, these verses are about HIM. . .now UNTO HIM that is able . . ..

Honoring Natural Discipline
What we want to do is increase your faith, not so that you can go out and buy some self-discipline or effort. . . we tend to admire people who seem to be much stronger Christians than we are. We think that somehow they must have mastered something in order for them to appear to be so consistent and strong. Yet we must be forgetting again what Paul said about himself. It is in my weakness that his strength is made perfect. A lot of people that we admire, are just strong-willed people. And you’re impressed by what you see, but you really don’t know what’s going on inside of them. If Christ is in my life, it must be all about him, or not about him at all.

Taxi Cab Driver
That’s why I mentioned that the object of our faith must be totally on him. The other day there was a minister that was known real well and he was up in New York City getting into a taxi. He’s the author of several books as well. He had quite a distance to go and in the process, he began visiting with the taxi driver and it wasn’t long before it became obvious through the conversation that the driver was a believer also.

As they went on talking about the Lord and how much he meant to them and the minister made a comment about how extensively he was schooled in Scripture and the cab-driver just casually commented that he didn’t own a Bible. This minister was deeply moved by that and asked for the driver’s address and he would send him a Bible. The driver said “it wouldn’t do any good, I can’t read.” This minister was stunned to hear that. He went on to tell the cab driver of how impressed he was by the apparent depth of spiritual things the cab driver was sharing with him.

Abusive Knowledge
The cab driver responded by telling him he listened really well. The thing that stunned this minister more than ever before was, he then could clearly see what Jesus meant in John 5 when Jesus told the Pharisees you search the Scriptures because in them you think you have eternal life but they testify of me. Paul also said in another passage knowledge puffs up. . .knowledge of the Scripture puffs up, it causes peoples attitudes to become judgmental and condescending because they justify their discipline to learn and memorize the Bible verses. I’m not saying that’s not important, but I’m saying that if you do it for the wrong reasons, or if you put your faith in your knowledge of what you read instead of what the spirit is saying through it, you’re off track to begin with.

This man couldn’t read, but he had a greater revelation of who Christ and who he was in Christ, than this minister who preached and studied the very same word. Personally, I think that’s a hang-up for many Pastors. Rather than receiving a revelation from God in Scripture and sharing what’s in their heart because it’s transforming them, they read the Word with the intent of using it to instruct others with. They teach “about” God without really experiencing him for themselves.

So, we’re going to take time to look at these mysteries and if I haven’t already, I’m going to stretch some of you while others I may be just affirming some things with you that you’re already acquainted with. But I won’t be negligent to put you into remembrance of some of the things you think you already know.

Clearing Mysteries
How is this mystery made clear to us? Well, one of the examples I think would be in the birth of Jesus 2,000 years ago. In Isaiah 7 when the prophet is proclaiming the coming of the Lord, he said the lord himself shall give you a sign. Behold a virgin shall conceive and bear a son and his name shall be called Emanuel. Emanuel means what? God with us. It’s were we get the idea “Incarnation” In-the flesh, carnal, incarnation.

Now you don’t have any problem, even though it is somewhat of a mystifying thing, it was a miracle. Accepting the fact that a virgin, a girl never been with a man. A physical girl was overshadowed by the Holy Spirit, and she supernaturally conceived and gave birth to the son of God . .you don’t have any problem seeing any of that. It’s a mystery that’s clear to you, right? Even though you may not understand all of it’s implications, you still can see it. But you know that it happened, he left his spiritual realm and came in the flesh and lived among men.

Spiritual Application of a Mystery
When you look at the gospels and see how all of that occurred, I see there is a parallel and a direct picture of what happens to us when we’re born again. Now some people say “you should never compare the virgin birth with our new birth experience.” And to them I do have some issues when people say that and I’ll explain why. You know in Scripture when Mary was visited by the angel and she was told that the power of the most high would do what . .over-shadow-her. And in this holy thing, he did not attempt to talk and explain to this young girl how all of this technically, physiologically was going to happen.

He just said the power of the most high and this “holy thing” that’s what he called it . .this holy thing that you will conceive will come as a result of the power of the holy spirit coming over you… and she asked the question how can this thing be? Being I know not a man. It was a “mystery” to her. You say “what does that have to do with our new birth? Everything.

22Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: 23Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Seed = Sperm
Some of you may be aware of this, but others this is going to be a newsflash to know that the word “seed” there is sperm. You’re not born by a corruptible seed, but by incorruptible. It’s the very sperm of God. I’m not talking about your physical birth here. Remember you’re a spirit that has a soul and lives in a body. The priority should be in that order. Your spiritual growth and health is first and foremost. You’ve had plenty of the soulish preaching to last a lifetime. That’s why this is stretching you so much now. I’m not talking about your natural man, I’m talking about the real you. Not the earth suit that you walked in here in, but the real you.

The same thing that happened to Mary happened to you. You say “Now, wait a minute, the seed that she conceived produced a sinless man.” “I know that I’ve been born again, but I’m certainly not a sinless man.” But do you understand that the same seed that you conceived in your spirit, in your hidden man. Peter says your life is hid with Christ in God. The hidden man of the heart has imprinted in it, the same seed that produced the Jesus that was birthed on the earth 2,000 years ago.

We hadn’t been taught and had “that” seed nurtured have we. That’s the reason why it’s not come into full manifestation. Paul says in Galatians my little children in whom I labor again.. .until Christ be formed in you. When does that child become a human being? At the conception or at the birth? Certainly not at the birth. Right? What I’m trying to get you to see and understand is, even though that’s mysterious to us, the development of who he is in us, is what we’re trying to focus on.

1 John 3
1Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

There again you have the language of the mystery behold what manner of love . . . when he says what manner, he means there’s nothing to compare it to. It’s so rare and unique that there’s nothing existing around us that this love God has for us can be compared to. But when he shall appear . . right, I got that one, that’s when Jesus comes back . . .NO. I’m very sorry to announce to you that isn’t what he’s talking about. Yes, he is going to return, but that’s not what it’s talking about.

Natural DNA
But when he shall appear, we shall be ”like” him. My youngest boy, I have three sons and they all have certain things that they have in the whole scheme of genetics that they have inherited from me. But my youngest son seems to have the greatest physical resemblance of me, more so than the other two. I was there when he came out of his mother’s womb. I was there for all three of them, what a marvelous experience. When he was born, I personally didn’t see much difference in him than I did the other two. They were pretty much all the same in appearance.

Maturing Into What You Have Always Been
Are you with me so far? We all hear that with babies don’t we? “Oh, he looks just like his mother, or just like his daddy, he’s got his momma’s eyes,” so on and so forth. He walked into my study yesterday in his bare-feet and I see his feet and I think “Oh my, they’re just like mine, he has no arch.” His foot is expanding and widening to become just like mine. The shape of his toenails are just like mine. What I’m trying to help you understand is that all of that is a result of him maturing. And also all of that was in him the day he was conceived, months before the day he was born.

It was all there in the seed that fertilized his mother’s egg. It was in his DNA. It was all there. Is he any more like me today than he was when he was just a seed in an egg? Not really, the difference is just development and maturity. Did he have to study to be like me? When he got old enough to read in order to learn how to grow up and look like me? See, there are those, oddly enough, there are those in the church that would rather have that than you would have a relationship with Him.

You’d rather do this, so now you can call yourself mature. Some of the most immature Christians in the world are also the same ones that have the most Christian education. You talk about a real confusing situation, some of the people who can spout the most verses are also the most immature and the reason being is because of what I’m talking about here.

Definition of “appear”
1) to make manifest or visible or known what has been hidden or unknown, to manifest, whether by words, or deeds, or in any other way
a) make actual and visible, realised
b) to make known by teaching
c) to become manifest, be made known
d) of a person
1) expose to view, make manifest, to show one's self, appear
e) to become known, to be plainly recognised, thoroughly understood
1) who and what one is

3And every man that hath this hope (the great hope) in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. 4Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 5And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. 6Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. 7Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother

Editor’s Note
Even though the rest of this text isn’t in the original message, I wanted to put it in front of you for a couple reasons. One being that in verse three it’s solidifying what we’ve been absorbing as of late in that it’s not your works that purify you, nor is it your religion, but simply your hope. Hope in what? In verse 2 it is referring to Christ appearing what purifies us is the hope of his appearance in our lives and understanding because when that happens, we’ll be transformed into his appearance in us. This has nothing to do with the coming of the Lord. Why? Because the rest of the context doesn’t even hint at it.

What it does elude to is how you purify yourself through this hope of transformation which he then connects that to the observance of sin, which he connects to the following of law. But then he says in verse 6 and again in verse 9 that anyone who is in Christ will not sin. What a hard concept to grasp, if you’re attempting to do it through natural means (or your mind). But when you understand that God doesn’t see you anymore as a sinner, but as one of his children, then you can also see that it’s the same way you should also see yourself as well. Sinless. Why? Because to focus and acknowledge the power of sin, you’re neglecting the greater power of righteousness in Christ. Stretch yourself and accept that you are sinless, regardless of what your flesh is screaming out, remember the antichrist not only dwells in your head, it is your head. Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God . . . (Rom. 8:7)

1 Peter 3
19But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 20Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 21Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. 22Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: 23Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever

Going to Stretch You Even More
This wasn’t my intention with this, but being led here, we must partake of it with the understanding that we were led here for a reason. My aim was verse 23, but there is a revelation leading up to this that may shock you. By reading verse 19, it’s clear that we’re obviously talking about Jesus, not as a lion, but a lamb, indicating when he allowed himself to be the ultimate sacrifice. Which we would then “naturally” understand that he’s talking about the cross experience 2,000 years ago.

When Did Jesus Actually Give Himself Over?
Which partly is true, it did manifest 2,000 years ago, but according to the next verse, that’s not when it actually happened. That was just when it became fulfilled in the flesh. I went out on my own here and did a word search on foundation of the world. Below is the result of that. But again, you’ll see for yourself in this a shaping of a pattern of truth that I’ve never heard preached before. Jesus gave himself long before the experience on the cross. That was the physical manifestation, as 1 Peter is telling us in verse 20, it was a physical manifestation for us. Interesting isn’t it. I’ve also looked up the definition for “foundation” in these passages. You ready? It’s not what you would think.

1) a throwing or laying down
a) the injection or depositing of the virile semen in the womb
b) of the seed of plants and animals
2) a founding (laying down a foundation)

How profound is that!? The foundation is linked with semen in a womb. Take that all the way back to Genesis 1 and see what the Holy Spirit was doing over the face of the deep. It’s a picture of spiritual reproduction. Are we deep enough for you yet? Here is the word study I did on the phrase foundation of the world. Interestingly enough, even though the Old Testament is the recording of the actual laying of the foundation, the phrase is only found in the New Testament. But it leaves an interesting pattern.

Mat 13:35
That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Mat 25:34
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Luk 11:50
That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;

Jhn 17:24
Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Eph 1:4
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Hbr 4:3
For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Hbr 9:26
For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

1Pe 1:20
Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Rev 17:8
The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
End of Note

23Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever You may argue “oh, I believe in the incarnation does apply to Jesus but I don’t believe that you should make that same application to us, becoming Christ incarnate . . .”

Brief Look at the Antichrist
Remember . . .1 John 3 says, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. Now let’s go to 1 John 4, Most everyone whenever they read this verse, they have a real struggle with the identity of the antichrist. We’ve gone over this extensively in our study of Revelation. All my life I’ve heard of so many different antichrists that have lived and died and more have been identified.

I’m not trying to wrestle or try to convince you of something that maybe you have strong convictions about, but I will tell you . . .how many of you would be willing to admit that there are things you accept now as truth whereas a couple years ago you would have considered as heresy? So, wouldn’t then be safe to think that just maybe there may be other things where we’ve been wrong?

Who is the antichrist? The antichrist is not only “in” your mind, he is your mind. He’s a spirit, not just a person that’s to surface sometime in the future. The word broken down, anti which means to come against. Christ which means the anointed one. Christ is not the last name of Jesus. Know ye not that you are the body of Christ. . . So there’s something that is against this revelation of Christ in you. And it’s the spirit of antichrist.

1 John 4
1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

Litmus Test is in the Tense of the Phrase
Now, slow it down just a minute because there’s another big one in here. The key is not the confession of Jesus, that’s not the litmus test. The test is in “when” he’s come. If you’re translation is saying he has come, then the translators missed the original meaning. It doesn’t say he has come, even though we know that is true, by the time John wrote this, Jesus had come and gone in the flesh, but was present in the spirit. He is come.

You wouldn’t have any problem with this if you knew there certainly were Jews, in the day John wrote this, that said that God had not come in the flesh. They denied his virgin birth, his miraculous life, his resurrection, they tried to cover it up. But it doesn’t say the spirit of antichrist is saying that God has not come in the past tense, but is not come in the flesh. It’s the spirit of antichrist that still tries to convince you that Christ is not in you.

3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Now, if that isn’t talking about a spirit that is anti, or against you coming into the understanding of Christ in you, why then would the next verse say this . . .

4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world

When he says you are of God, what does that mean? It means you are born of him. You originated in him, you are of God. Why does he say that? Because there’s a spirit of antichrist that says you’re not. Are you hanging on?

But I’ve never believe that this whole spirit of antichrist that we’re so concerned about that says that Jesus isn’t who he was . .. . I don’t think that’s what the antichrist spirit is all about. I think the antichrist spirit is trying to convince you that you’re not who you are in Him. There’s another Scripture that is very popular and used with new converts, there’s nothing wrong with that, but it’s worth taking a look at from where we are now as well.

2 Corinthians 5
17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new

It Begins in Genesis
In the first chapter in the book of Genesis where you have the creation account, all of that is not just given to us as a position to disprove evolution. All of that is given to us as a graphic picture . . .what’s that have to do with 2 Corinthians 5:17? It has everything. If any man be in Christ, he is a new creation . . . Paul is reaching back and using language from the opening chapters of Scripture about creation and causing us to see the recreation of the earth is a picture of how he has recreated us.

I wish I had the time to do it here but I don’t, but I wish I had the time to talk to you about the 7 days of creation. Because every one of those days, there were certain things that really weren’t created in the sense that they were never there before at all, but were actually recreated. But I will go back enough to say this. . . Scripture says in the beginning the earth was what . .without form and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

And the Spirit of God . . . moved. . . Right? And after the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the deep, what’s the next thing that happened? God said let there be light.

Over-shadowing of the Spirit - - Moving
Now, that certainly is a graphic picture of what happened to us in our new-birth experience because in your beginning, you were without form and void. And darkness was upon you. And the spirit of God moved or over-shadowed . . . the same concept of what happened with Mary . . . he moved, or overshadowed you and there was light, there was, revelation wasn’t there. In fact the word ”moved” there is a picture of a hen settling down over her eggs to incubate them, to bring them to a point of hatching out.

Definition of “moved” from Genesis 1:2
1) (Qal) to grow soft, relax
2) (Piel) to hover

Reproducing After Your Own Kind
That is certainly descriptive of what happened to us in our new-birth because in the beginning I was without form and void. Scripture says I was born and shapen in iniquity, I was chaotic. I was in the same state this planet was in. Then when the Spirit of God began to overshadow me, began to influence me, convict me. And then he began to bring light and out of that whole creative 6-day period, the earth begins to bring forth all these things that are there.

That’s what we hope is happening with you. Every time we come together that there would be a fresh overshadowing of the Holy Spirit. And he’s beginning to draw out of you the hidden wisdom of God. The revelation of who you are in him.

4 Tape 1 part 2 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:04 pm

cross-eyed

Moses’ Tabernacle Pattern
Here’s another picture of the mystery. In the tabernacle of Moses, there were seven pieces of furniture in it. And the way those pieces were aligned, they formed a cross. Remember? The brazen alter, the brazen laver, then enter the tabernacle and on the left is the candle stick and on the right is the table of showbread and in front is the alter of incense and then beyond the veil, in the third area you have the ark with the cherubim bowing on top of it, a crown around the base of it. And when you look at the whole layout of it, it forms a cross.

Crowned at the Head
Interesting also is the first piece of furniture you come to is where sacrifice takes place, where the blood of animals was shed. The last piece, the seventh piece in the Holy of Holies, at the very top of the cross there was the crown around the mercy seat. Inside the ark was the rod of Aaron the budded, the tables of the law and a pot of manna. The thing that is so incredible about it, is that pot of manna, the other manna that would fall on the earth for the people every day, would not last one day without rotting.

Incorruptible Manna (Seed)
But this manna that was kept inside the ark, it lasted 40 years and then some. The reason why is because it was in the pure glory of God, there was no corruption. Now, if the arrangement of that furniture is in the configuration of a cross, and out in the outer court at the brass altar where animals were sacrificed, remember even John in the book of Revelation, what did he say his feet looked like? They looked like brass burning in a furnace. Not just brass, but brass burning in a furnace.

Because out in the outer court, that first piece of furniture at the foot of the cross . . .you say what’s this got to do with the mystery of Christ? I’ll show you at the end of this .. .this altar that they sacrificed their animals on, is also fueled by a fire that consumes the carcass of that animal. I think that’s why John saw, when he saw Jesus in the book of Revelation, the first thing he noted about him was that his feet was like brass burning in a furnace.

But over on the opposite end of the furniture, at the head of where the cross would be, you have the ark of the covenant, you have a crown around it, around the base of the mercy seat. And inside of it, the ark, you have the law. Now, is there one of you in here that has ever been able for even 5 minutes to keep all the 10 commandments? Absolutely not.

Jesus Is the Ark
Is there anyone here that believes you in yourself can produce the life of Christ in yourself without him . . . the manna that was there inside that golden box that didn’t spoil, breed worms or grow mold the reason why it didn’t was because it was in that ark because the only one who has ever been able to carry the law inside of him and never break the law is Christ. The only one who has ever been able come in the flesh was that manna, that bread from heaven. Remember Jesus likened bread unto his flesh . .take eat, this is my body which was broken for you.

The Mind of Christ is the Ark of The Covenant
The only person that’s ever been able to come in the flesh and not sin is Christ. That’s why he’s trying to get you to identify with his cross and get your head . ..let this mind be in you . ..(Phil. 2:5) which is also in Christ Jesus. Seeing the seven articles of the tabernacle laying out in the form of the cross shows that when I identify with his death I am crucifed with Christ . . nevertheless I live, yet not I but Christ liveth in me. That’s the reason why I have to have the mind of Christ.

Old Testament Picture of a Cross within a Cross
What does that have to do with being in Christ? We’ve got the arrangement of the furniture in the tabernacle laid out there right? And the tabernacle was set up in the midst of the camp, and everything else
was set up around it. Thousands of tents as far as you can see, one writer said the encampment was 15 miles across. So every one of those people, every family had a designated place where they were to pitch their tents, all around the tabernacle. On all four sides they were practically shoulder to shoulder.

And again, they were not just in random. They stopped 42 times as they were going through the wilderness, and that as significance as well. But it was 42 times they stopped and set up their camp from when they left Egypt to when they entered the promised land. But when they stopped to camp, they didn’t camp on the west side one time and on the east side another, they all had an assigned place according to their tribe.

Can’t See it at Ground Level
They also had to pitch their banner so that everyone would know which tribe camped where. When you are in that configuration, when you are the one in the middle of everyone else, you don’t have perspective on it like someone else that would be above it looking down. When Moses would go up into the mountain and he’d look down on this vast encampment, even though he couldn’t see it in it’s entirety due to the elevation of the mountain that he was on, but he knew in the tabernacle itself, the arrangement of the furniture was in the shape of a cross.

But he could also see from his elevated place as he went up the mountain, that the people of Israel’s encampment was also shaped in a cross. It was a cross within a cross. Another picture of Christ, in you. But they didn’t know it. It was veiled to them even though they set the tabernacle up and took it down 42 times in 40 years, they still didn’t realize the symbolization of it all, they were just following the rules established for the priests.

Editor’s Note
Just to make sure you’re getting the importance of seeing that picture of a cross within a cross and how it relates to you. Just as the children of Israel’s encampment formed a cross, they represent us. We were created in the image of God. The image Jesus portrayed was that of the cross. It was the center of his purpose. So we, being the first cross, have Christ in us, forming the second cross. A cross inside a cross. I hope that helps some.
End Note

It was veiled to them, they didn’t have the perspective on it. Somewhere in the span of our lives, God has to bring us all up to an elevated place where we can look at ourselves from his perspective. That’s to say that we need to be spiritually lifted so we can see our lives from a spiritual perspective. Here’s another insight to this mystery . . .

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God

Editor’s note
Why am I to have my mind transformed through renewal? So that I can ascertain, or discern, or recognize the will of God. If my mind is rigid and fixed, I’m crippling my ability to see the will of God. I’m deaf to his voice, I’m blind to his path. All of that stems from simply having a renewed mind. New wine into old wineskins seems to really fit in with this as well.
End Note

This is NOT For Your Head to Figure Out on it’s Own.
That’s the reason why many people struggle with these things. Their mind has really had a tough time with some of the things I’m saying and the reason being is because your mind is not equipped to grasp this. That’s why Paul says the natural man can not receive the things of God

(I love this!)
1 Corinthians 2 Message Translation
14The unspiritual self, just as it is by nature, can't receive the gifts of God's Spirit. There's no capacity for them. They seem like so much silliness. Spirit can be known only by spirit--God's Spirit and our spirits in open communion. 15Spiritually alive, we have access to everything God's Spirit is doing, and can't be judged by unspiritual critics. 16Isaiah's question, "Is there anyone around who knows God's Spirit, anyone who knows what he is doing?" has been answered: Christ knows, and we have Christ's Spirit.

Spiritual Versus Radio
See? “Well, that’s just the way it is, you said a few minutes ago that my mind is corrupted by the simplicity of the Gospel, looks to me like you’re complicating things . .” No I’m not I’m really just talking to you on a different frequency. You don’t have any problems understanding the fact that right this minute, in this room, there are radio waves in our midst. Can you hear them? Are they there? Can you tune in to something you can’t hear and begin to hear it?

Traditional Teaching Only Gives You Half of This Passage
Eyes have not seen, ears have not heard, neither has it entered into the heart of man what God hath in store for them that love him, but he hath revealed them by his spirit Know where that’s at? It’s 4 verses prior to the passage we just read.

Editor’s Note
I’ve never seen this before! But I know that verse well. It’s used along with the ones about God’s thoughts being above our thoughts and his ways not being our ways. And all of that is true in the natural sense. But what confuses me now is why did they never finish out the thought that this originally comes from. Because even though all of that is true, the rest of it is, God didn’t intend for us to remain in that level of ignorance of not knowing his thoughts or his ways. Here’s what I mean . . . End Note

1 Corinthians 2

9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual

Editor’s Note
I’ve said this several times, but I can’t not say it again here! Scripture is a bag of spiritual seeds which we are not to enforce on others but instead we are to have planted in ourselves. “Faith comes by HEARING of the Word” . . a great argument to the idea that it’s not to be enforced, but understand what I’m saying. I’m not saying that we aren’t to be planters of the Word. I’m saying that we’re not to be enforcers of the Word. In other words, it’s one thing to allow the flow of the spirit go though you and others feed off of and grow from. But it’s a whole different matter when you force them to follow your established set of rules and you make them feel like outcasts if they don’t measure up to those rules because as you so adamantly claim “the Bible says you have to do it”.

The Bible is not for “them” as much as it is for you. As what we see with Daniel and John who were given the Word from the Lord, they were to eat it, swallow it, digest it, and then deliver it. Once it became a part of their body, a part of their nature, then they were to begin the planting. The word of God is not supposed to be enforced, nor is it supposed to be literally interpreted. It’s not a book of moral rules. It “contains” moral truths, but that’s not it’s primary purpose.

And I believe that’s also where many churches have built their pulpits at. They take a moral principle and call it spiritual. But there in the verse above, it doesn’t say that the Holy Ghost teaches you things, moral things with spiritual things, it says the Holy Spirit compares spiritual things with spiritual things. It’s a book of spiritual, life-giving seed that’s to be planted in the hearts not the minds but the hearts of men. It’s spirit food for our spirit, not mental food, or emotional food for our intellect.

When you take a book of spiritual truths and attempt to interpret it through intellectual understanding, you will end up with different points of view every time. And where there are differences of opinion, division is then conceived and as it continues on, the body takes sides and splits, still claiming they are all one in the Lord, they just can’t set under one roof. But if we truly lay our intellectual perceptions down and just let the Spirit do the revealing, we’ll find that when a truth is revealed from a passage in one part of the world, that same truth is revealed from that same passage in the opposite part of the world and no body had to “teach” anyone what they thought it meant.
End of Edit

In versus Tran
I’m just trying to get you tuned in to the right frequency is all. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, . . .what does the word transform mean? Does that mean if I get enough information in my mind, that will transform me? I’ve been trying to transform the misinformed. It’s not about you getting more in-formation because a lot of times in-formation doesn’t form anything in you. Transformation comes from the word metemorphis. The most basic example we have of that would be a caterpillar.

We’re All Worms!
I like that example. When you see a butterfly flutter by you, you don’t say ”Hey look!! A converted worm!!” But what does this insect crawling around in the dirt, laboring just to get from one place to another. But when the time of maturity comes, what does it do? It crawls into a tree. All of creation speaks of Him. Christ is in all of creation. You do know that don’t you?

What does a worm have to do with Jesus? Well, in Psalms he says “I am a worm and am no man. . “ (psalms 22:6) He calls himself a worm. Why would he call himself a worm? Why would David prophetically say that Jesus refers to himself a worm? Because the Son of God became the son of man. He became a worm, an earth-being. He became an earth-dweller.

Wormwood
In Revelation, there is a star that fell from heaven that was called wormwood that fell into the seas and made the water bitter. You know who the star was who came from heaven and fell into the waters? It was Jesus who became a man. The Son of God became a son of man so that the sons of men could become the sons of God. Hallelujah.
But he became a worm, right? Why? So through transformation, he crawled up into a tree, we call the cross. And he wrapped himself in the flesh of man and died so he could be raised in the newness of life. He didn’t do that as just one man, but he did it for all men. If I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto me . .

Editor’s Note
What he’s about to say next is an area where I personally must be open to change in my own approach on this matter. It’s that very verse he quoted that I have used out of context because I picked it up from my spiritual ancestors before me without understanding the full context of it. My theory was, as the song goes “lift Jesus higher, lift Jesus higher, lift him up for the world to see . . .for he said if I, be lifted up above the earth I will draw all men unto me. I understood this passage to mean that when we proclaim Jesus more, he will draw all men unto him . . . but with your minds open and disengaged, let God’s spirit plant something new into yours . . . and read on.
End Note

If I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto me that’s not talking about praising God. “Come on everybody! Let’s praise him this morning . . .he said if I be lifted up . . .” That’s a terrible use of that Scripture, that’s not what that means at all. “Come everybody lift your hands and begin to praise him because he said if I be lifted up, I’ll draw all men unto me . .” so we think if we start praising God that suddenly sinners are going to start coming to Jesus. But that’s not what it means. John 12 says if I be lifted up I will draw all men unto myself” this he spake signifying what death he should die

John 12 The context
28Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again. 29The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him. 30Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes. 31Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. 32And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 33This he said, signifying what death he should die

The death of Jesus was not just the death of one man, it was the death of all men. For if by one sin entered (now, I’m bringing up the passage referred to here, but don’t just skim through due to it’s familiarity, read it as though it’s your first time. Very powerful and liberating)

ONE MAN
Romans 5
12Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: 13(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. 15But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. 16And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. 17For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) 18Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. 19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. 20Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 21That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

I can’t help it . . .
Message Translation
12You know the story of how Adam landed us in the dilemma we're in--first sin, then death, and no one exempt from either sin or death. 13That sin disturbed relations with God in everything and everyone, but the extent of the disturbance was not clear until God spelled it out in detail to Moses. So death, this huge abyss separating us from God, dominated the landscape from Adam to Moses. 14Even those who didn't sin precisely as Adam did by disobeying a specific command of God still had to experience this termination of life, this separation from God. But Adam, who got us into this, also points ahead to the One who will get us out of it. 15Yet the rescuing gift is not exactly parallel to the death-dealing sin. If one man's sin put crowds of people at the dead-end abyss of separation from God, just think what God's gift poured through one man, Jesus Christ, will do! 16There's no comparison between that death-dealing sin and this generous, life-giving gift. The verdict on that one sin was the death sentence; the verdict on the many sins that followed was this wonderful life sentence. 17If death got the upper hand through one man's wrongdoing, can you imagine the breathtaking recovery life makes, sovereign life, in those who grasp with both hands this wildly extravagant life-gift, this grand setting-everything-right, that the one man Jesus Christ provides? 18Here it is in a nutshell: Just as one person did it wrong and got us in all this trouble with sin and death, another person did it right and got us out of it. But more than just getting us out of trouble, he got us into life! 19One man said no to God and put many people in the wrong; one man said yes to God and put many in the right. 20All that passing laws against sin did was produce more lawbreakers. But sin didn't, and doesn't, have a chance in competition with the aggressive forgiveness we call grace. When it's sin versus grace, grace wins hands down. 21All sin can do is threaten us with death, and that's the end of it. Grace, because God is putting everything together again through the Messiah, invites us into life--a life that goes on and on and on, world without end.

ONE FOR ALL
If by one sin entered, then by one, namely Jesus, we can come into righteousness in the eyes of God. This is probably one of the most important truths that anybody can understand because God is a covenant making God. What happens in one, happens in all. Otherwise why would the high priest go beyond the veil with a breastplate over his heart that had all of the stones that represented the 12 tribes of Israel and whatever happened in his experience beyond the veil on the day of atonement or the day of at-one-ment, whatever happened to him, God accounted it as happening to all the 2 to 3 million people camped around his tabernacle.

God Sees Only Two Men in All the Earth
If you don’t believe that, then why would Scripture say we are born and shapen in iniquity? Because the first man called Adam sinned. And you didn’t have to be taught to sin, you were born into sin. So from God’s viewpoint there’ve never been but two men on the planet. The first Adam and the last Adam. Don’t say a second Adam because that would imply there’s to be a 3rd. Jesus is the once-and-for-all last Adam. We either identify with the first Adam or the last Adam.

Again that’s one of the keys that helps us understand what it means to be in Christ. We get delivered from our spiritual schizophrenia where one day we feel like we’re saved and the next day we don’t. I am the righteousness of God in Christ whether I feel like it or not. I am the righteousness of God in Christ whether I act like it or not. “Ah ha! You messed up on that one! You’re saying people have a license to sin.” No, that’s not at all what I’m saying.

Editor’s note . . .
It is my belief that those with that kind of argument are never going to be satisfied with any answer you give them. Reason being is they’re not inquisitive about gaining insights and understanding, they are argumentative about statements such as that. They are not open to receive a ray of life-light. They’ve established in their minds what they think is light and they’re not willing to address the thought that what they perceive to be light is actually spiritual darkness. It may be religious light, but it’s spiritual darkness.

Rather than try to sway them, it’d be wise to just curb your thoughts of pressing the issue at all. Again, this is with those who’re argumentative. If there is true desire for learning more about the issue, then of course, continue on with your attempts to explain these things. You should be able to tell easily by the tone and terms the conversation they have with you is containing.

But the truth is, the more you try to explain spiritual matters to a natural mind-set, the more futile your efforts become. The reason why people’s mind receive lightning strikes of revelation and they get excited about them is because their spirit ignited the fire in the first place. And that originated from the Spirit of God. Remember in the Old Covenant whenever the High priest offered up the sin sacrifice for the people, who lit it? Lightning came in the natural, but it was sent by God in the spiritual and it burned the sacrifice.

When we lay our carnality down on our own spiritual altars (remember you are a temple of the Spirit, you have altars in you just like the tabernacle of Moses had altars) and offer them up to God as our sacrifice to him, his fire then comes and consumes our sacrifice, and it’s lit with bolts of revelation, of lightning.
End Note.

Taking a Page From Jonah

Matthew 12
38Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. 39But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. 41The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

Spiritual Principles Never Fit Natural Minds
For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth That used to always bother me until a few years back as I was pondering on this . .trying to figure out what Jonah being in the belly of a fish for 3 days had to do with Jesus death, burial and resurrection. Because Jonah was a rebellious prophet. He didn’t willing let that fish swallow him as Jesus did with the cross, he went willingly.

So then I turned to Jonah and I began to read the book of Jonah. I saw that when Jonah was unwilling to do what God required him to do, the first thing that happened to him was that he began to run in the opposite direction from where God had called him. He ran to Tarsus and if you look at a Bible map, you’ll see it’s in the direct opposite direction from Nineveh.

So he runs down to Tarsus. Then he goes down into the belly of a ship. Then they go out into the sea, he’s thrown overboard, and then he goes down into the mouth of the great fish. Then that great fish goes down to the bottom of the ocean. And there something really strange happens, I don’t think Jonah was hallucinating. He talks about seeing the bars of hell. “ . . .no, he’s just referring to the ribs of the big fish that he’s inside of . . they looked like the bars of hell to him . . .”

But when he repented what happened? The big fish spits him out on dry land. And Jesus said, concerning his death, burial and resurrection, as Jonah was in the belly of the great fish, so shall the son of man be in the heart of the earth for three days. So that got me to thinking . . . “this is a mystery, but I’ve been initiated and I’m entitled to understanding this mystery.” “I’m entitled to understand not only what them means, but what that implies to me.”

Fish Symbolize People, You, Me, Them!
Remember when Jesus first began to call out his disciples, he came to fishermen and he said follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. Seems like an unusual metaphor there, but he was saying, seeing how you fish for fish in the sea, I’ll teach you how to fish for men. So in that, you can see Jesus likened men to fish. In fact there’s a place in Revelation that talks about all the souls that are in the sea. Does that mean that God is going to redeem the aquatic life?

The Bible says the kingdom of God is like a net that is cast into the sea and it gathers all manner of fish, what’s he talking about there? He’s talking about men, the kingdom of God gathers all kinds of people doesn’t it. Scripture likens the sea to humanity, the wicked are like the sea tossed to and fro. . all through Scripture the ocean or sea is a metaphor of humanity. In fact if we went up to a big stadium where tens of thousands of people turn out for a football game or what have you, and you’d say “man, there’s a sea of people out there.” That metaphor came out of Scripture.

If the Son of man is going to be in the heart of the earth like jonah was in the belly of a fish three days and three nights, and Jesus likens men to fish; catching men as fish, the kingdom of God gathering all kinds of fish; then what do you think is the biggest fish of all?

Editor’s Note
I want to try to elaborate just a little bit more with this because it’s another stretcher, I can feel it just by writing these words out. If fish are symbolic for people, and from a people standpoint Scripture says we are all born out of a fallen man, then in this type or picture that the book of Jonah is actually portraying it’s not just a great fish by coincidence, but it’s a picture on purpose. Once you step into this realm, reread the question he put out there, what do you think is the biggest fish of all? By biggest, I don’t mean by size as much as I do influence. Here’s a definition of the word “great” that I dug up to explain why I say it’s not just because it’s big that it’s called great.

1) great
a) large (in magnitude and extent)
b) in number
c) in intensity
d) loud (in sound)
e) older (in age)
f) in importance

I high-lighted the last two. Because all of these words put together make up the definition. It’s not just solely based on one of those, but all put together. So including the age and importance in with the greatness of this fish, and the fact that the story is dimensional just as all the other stories in Scripture are, you can see that the picture being painted is showing that Adam, the natural man is the great fish. Where is this going? You’ll see.

End of Edit

The biggest Fish
The biggest fish of all, as far as I’m concerned, is Adam. We are all related to him in our first birth. So when Jesus came to this planet and as the Son of God, he became the son of man so that the sons of men could become the Son of God. He became what I am so I could become who he is. So he came and he got inside, that’s the reason why 1 Corinthians 15 calls him the last Adam. Because he came to this earth and took on flesh.

And he was tempted in all points as we are tempted so he’d feel what we feel and he’d emote like we emote, true? He got inside of that didn’t he. And like Jonah, he goes to the very depths of human depravity. There was not one form of depravity that he didn’t encounter. So he got inside of this earth-suit, inside this skin and went to the very depths of depravity. He went and saw the very bars of hell. He who know no sin was made to be sin. . . so that we could be made in his likeness.

And just like Jonah was spit out of the depths of the sea when he repented and found himself on dry ground, that was his resurrection. He descended, if you will, into the lower parts of this earth didn’t he. (meaning your earth, your flesh) There’s some pretty deep and depraved things in all of us isn’t there. He descended into all of that and came out.

Editor’s Note
I wanted to insert this when he first began mentioning Jonah, but you need to read through what was written so that you could ”see” what the actual text is really saying. Again, this is the first time I’ve seen any of this. When I first heard the tape, I didn’t sit down and read this for myself, I just listened to what was being said. As powerful as it was, it even gets deeper when you read this with your spiritual eyes in place.

Jonah 2
1Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly, 2And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice. 3For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me. 4Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple. 5The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head. 6I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God. 7When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple. 8They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy. 9But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD. 10And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land.

Just some stuff that I gleaned from this . . .
V 1) praying out of the fish’s belly – Out of your belly shall flow rivers of living water
2) crying out of the belly of hell – center of your flesh; at your weakest point; when I am weak, then I am strong
3) in the midst of the seas – turbulent seas symbolizes fallen humanity in the midst of my enemies, thou hast prepared a banqueting table before me
4) look again toward the Holy Temple He was in the belly of a fish, that would be impossible to do in the natural sense, but the temple he’s referring to was not a natural temple. He was turning, just as John did in Revelation.
5)waters encompassed to the soul . .Revelation speaks of seas and souls, he’s referring to his emotional condition spiritually.

Weeds, wrapped about my head- I love this one! What are weeds? According to the parables of Jesus, they are tares as opposed to wheat. If you go back to Genesis you find that weeds are a form of a curse. They are what came as a result of God cursing the ground due to Adam’s fallen nature. So, weeds = curse. And they’re not wrapped about his body or body parts, but they’re wrapped about his head. What do you suppose that picture is symbolizing? The curse of your mind, the anti-Christ in your head. Who else had their head wrapped with a curse? Take a look at the cross, it all points to the cross.

That’s it in all three dimensions. 1st dimension – historical picture. 2nd dimension – corporate church picture, how it applies to believers, religious and nonreligious. 3rd dimension, picture of Christ IN me. The 1st dimension is the story itself. The 2nd is the picture it paints about weeds being a curse around your mind. The 3rd dimension is always a picture of Christ. The crown of thorns on his head are the weeds wrapped around Jonah’s mind.

6) He covers this part about the bars, the only thing I’d mention is the picture of Jonah at the bottom of the mountain. Being at the bottom is a picture of origination, or beginning, or foundation. Mountains in Scripture always symbolize spiritual government. The vision that Daniel saw as a stone cut out of a mountain that destroyed the statue made of a digression of metals from gold to silver to bronze to clay mixed with bronze, or iron. Jonah saw himself at the origin of who he was and he was in bondage, but God lifted him out of all of that.

8They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy – this didn’t come as easily because it seems out of place for this kind of statement to be in the middle of the rest of the text. Until I realized that Jonah had a realization of his own. This was the origin of his problem, of his mountain. Running from God wasn’t what got him in this place of despair, that was merely a symptom of the sickness. The sickness was Jonah put himself ahead of God. The reason he ran was because he didn’t feel Nineveh was worthy of his message.

The second dimension of this is to put yourself in the situation. With that in mind, it’s easy to then see that the fish still represents men, and Jonah represents man, or you. We mentioned earlier that God painted a picture using Israel’s camps and the tabernacle as a cross within a cross. Well, here’s the flip side of that. Here is man inside, enveloped, wrapped up solely in, man. The result of the first was a place where God resides. The result of the second is a hell with bars and heavy depression. Can you see it? That verse is the turning point of Jonah’s life and ministry. Verse 9 is a turn-around of a mindset.

9But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed Renewed mind calls for a new covenant. That’s the second dimension, the covenant between you and the Father. The 3rd Dimension is again, a picture of Christ on the cross, he was the sacrifice and he went willingly, with thanksgiving, not for the torture and shame, but for the end result.

10And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land. It was men of flesh that entombed Jesus. It was the earth that spit him back out. It was Jesus that spoke to the tomb of Lazrus who was also bound and the tomb spit him out as well. Jesus told the Pharisees (religious church) that they are white-washed tombs. Fish = men = tomb. Again, dry land is the same picture we saw with Israel as they crossed the red sea and the Jordan. Dry land is divine promise. It’s a promise because that was what God promised Abraham, that’s what Israel became, the promised land. It was their inheritance. And it’s divine because it was in the middle of seas or rivers that the dry land appeared. It didn’t become dry by natural means, but supernatural. Jonah was entombed and he cried out to God and he came out with a message of resurrection life.
End of Note

What’s that got to do with us being in Christ?
When you see that picture, you’ll understand his union with you. How he identified with you so that you could totally identify yourself with him. This last passage I’m going to share with you is another mystery of Christ that we need to take a look at. You’ll recognize it immediately before we get very far into it at all because it’s used so much for the relationship between the husband and wife, which it can be, but that’s really not the point he’s trying to make.

Ephesians 3
25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 28So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. 29For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: 30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. 31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

Everybody stops right there and we use that whenever we’re teaching on marriage and it certainly has it’s applications for that. But look at the next verse

32This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church

Not just a mystery, but a great mystery concerning Christ and the church. It’s a picture. The real thing Paul is trying to get at there is not just about a relationship between a natural husband and wife, even though it’s not taken out of context to be used in that manner, but that’s not really the point he’s trying to make.

Mystery in the Union of Marriage
When he goes is such depth about how, if a husband really loves his wife, then he’s going to love her like his own flesh because they are . .. what . . .they’re one. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth . . . he says “what I’m really trying to get you to understand, is that this has to do with the mystery of Christ and his church. That’s really what it’s all about. Christ is bringing his bride into oneness with Him!

At the risk of being repetitive, what we need to understand is that we’re eventually going to get to this place where we are just going to become aware of who we already are. awake unto righteousness and sin no more what’s righteousness? “oh, that’s a code of do’s and don’ts . .” No, you’re mistaken, I’m sorry, righteousness isn’t about what you don’t do and what you do. It’s about who you are. What is righteousness? It means rightstanding, it has to do with relationship.

Breastplate of Righteousness
I’m not sure we’ll ever be able to get our arms of understanding completely around the topic of righteousness. Because all through the Scripture, this is a very important thing to God. Righteousness. In the armor of God, where is the righteousness? It’s a breastplate. Why? Why is it a breastplate? Because there’s always things that are attacking your heart, trying to get you to believe the lie that you’re not who Christ says you are. But His righteousness is your shield of protection from those attacks.

When Jesus walked on this planet, he walked through infested areas of demonic things and sicknesses and all that, it was because he knew who he was. Okay, one more Scripture I promise I’ll quit.

John 14
15If ye love me, keep my commandments. 16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 19Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you

That’s the reason why he starts over in chapter 15 and he goes into this whole thing about being in the vine, abiding in the vine. And then he really brings the whole thing to a climax when he says “greater is he that’s in me than he that is in the world.” Greater is he that is in you, so maybe we’ll talk about the vine and the branches because this mystery is all over the New Testament.

Even Noah getting in the ark is a picture of you getting in Christ. He built an ark to the saving of the world didn’t he, or to the saving of his flesh, saving of the sin. Because when you get inside Christ, you don’t have to worry about being judged because you’re inside the one who’s already judged.

Last Edit
This may be perhaps an odd way to end this phase but end it has. The thing to understand about revelational language and truths is, it never really ends, you just have to get up from the table and digest what’s been offered and devoured. So rather than looking at this as an ending to one topic to begin another, it’s more of a rest period, a spiritual nap to let the body digest and burn this off so that we’ll be able to return to the table for what’s ye

5 Re: Tape 1 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:20 pm

Oh man, great stuff. I just skimmed it, because of time, but very good. I can't wait to go back and read it fully.

6 Re: Tape 1 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:52 pm

cross-eyed

Oh yeah!!! When I was still pastoring, we went through this in our Sunday School . . .took about 8 months is all!! I remember being kind of sad when we were done . . .it is so rich and so full of stuff . . .a lot of it you just don't see it coming.

7 Re: Tape 1 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:47 pm

Rosered

Thanks Nate for sharing this ,

I went ahead and printed it off , as I began to read it , I thought wow , my hubby would benefit from reading this too
He is very confused about UR , and in transition from ET

I have become very rusty and need to be refreshed
Gods blessings to you and yours study

8 Re: Tape 1 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:19 am

cross-eyed

There's so much in this particular series. It's been several years since I've read it myself. But even now, it's just as fresh as it was then. I plan on posting one tape a week . . .like what I've been doing with Revelation . . .speaking of which, I think I forgot to post the next tape out of that this week . . I'll have to check.

9 Re: Tape 1 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:28 pm

Holly1

...how many of you would be willing to admit that there are things you accept now as truth whereas a couple years ago you would have considered as heresy? So, wouldn’t then be safe to think that just maybe there may be other things where we’ve been wrong?

Pretty much everything that God has revealed to me in the past 9 months I would have considered heresy before then. I love the irony of His humour hahaha! Smile

I am so thankful for all that He has been revealing to me and for granting me the desires of my heart (to know Love!). He is beyond amazing... beyond description. Ahhhh He's so awesome!!

I knew this article was going to be a huge blessing from the time I read the title. Smile Thanks Nathan for posting! (I'm also really glad you're posting one tape per week, it feels much less overwhelming for me that way since it's hard to get much reading done with my two little ones and it will probably take the whole week just to finish one reading haha!)

Many blessings and love to all. I can't stop saying this but I am so thankful for this place!

10 Re: Tape 1 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:08 pm

Yep just read through it, very good.

11 Re: Tape 1 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:08 pm

cross-eyed

I love reading your comments as you read through these articles . . .Holly, your response is the very thing we're accused of "not" doing. And that is, these things are causing your relationship with the Father to be even greater, deeper, more intense than ever before. The traditional believers often accuse us that the only reason why we believe what we do about Grace being greater than sin and hell not being what we once thought . . .the reason why we embrace that is so that we can live however we choose and get away with it. But "your" testimony is just the opposite. Believing the cross is greater than the mind of man doesn't diminish God's effect in my life, it ENHANCES it!! But getting them to understand that has been a bit frustrating lately.

It's just refreshing to see you guys responding the way you have been. May we ALL continue to grow deeper in our relationship with the the Father as we pursue these principles even deeper and higher at the same time. I pray the Father continues to expand our horizons of understanding in his nature and freedom.

12 Re: Tape 1 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:55 am

Holly1

Yes, His love and grace are the very things that draw me to Him. The scriptures testify to that! Smile

13 Re: Tape 1 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:05 am

cross-eyed

Ha! How true that is. I'm in a deep discussion right now with yet another person on face book that wants "proof" of scripture as to why I believe what I do. I can't seem to get them to understand that the Word comes BEFORE Scripture. His Word speaks IN ME . . .and then . . Scripture "testifies" to that word. They all think it should be the other way around.

The fact that they see it completely differently, they believe the word in me is a false teaching because it doesn't line up with Scripture . . .so I keep repeating myself to them and try to clarify that it's not the scripture that it doesn't line up with, but it's their interpretation of the scripture that it doesn't line up with . . . one big huge merry go round . . .that's not so merry.

14 Re: Tape 1 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:42 am

Holly1

No that does not sound merry at all! Haha that made me chuckle.

That's the main reason I don't post anything overly "theological" on facebook. I can just imagine the battle that would ensue lol. I'm the only person I know of out of any one of my friends and family (apart from the wonderful friends I've made on "UR" sites) who believes in the salvation of all men. Any time I've ever brought it up to anyone I am always met with either eye rolling or very open hostility. I now only bring it up if I'm asked or if I feel led. The only way I would ever do it on facebook is if He forced me lol. Pretty sure that would be the fight of the century, right there on my timeline lol!

15 Re: Tape 1 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:56 am

Holly I'm the same way, I pretty much don't post anything on Facebook. I did the other night a friend posted " a christian criticizing the church is like water criticizing the ocean"

I said well that depends on if you mean the man made hierarchical orginization, or the living body of believers.

Someone tried to jump in, and protest, I went three replies, and pulled out. He was not hearing it one bit. Grief was all I was going to see from it. Futility.

But to those with the time and stomach, go for it. Smile

16 Re: Tape 1 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:07 pm

And in defense of the other guy, I could have chosen my words better.

17 Re: Tape 1 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:08 pm

Holly1

Yeah it never ended well for me either Jer lol.

Finally finished, can't wait to read the rest! Smile

I enjoyed the Jonah part, that was all new to me. Good stuff!

18 Re: Tape 1 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:32 pm

Rosered

The fact that they see it completely differently, they believe the word in me is a false teaching because it doesn't line up with Scripture . . .so I keep repeating myself to them and try to clarify that it's not the scripture that it doesn't line up with, but it's their interpretation of the scripture that it doesn't line up with . . . one big huge merry go round . . .that's not so merry.

I so agree with you Nathan ,
Only can see with the eyes of the Spirit , so many scriptures come to mind , when Jesus says tell no man , no man could ever understand the ways of God
and the least you have done unto these little ones you have done unto Me ! that being the Christ in them , can you imagine the killing of the Christ in them ?
Yet the religious circles / aka merry go round does this very thing , its by faith , not by sight , yet the healing of the blind comes from Christ Himself , that being the Christ IN YOU and in Paul and in all the New testament witnesess that declare the truth , they than are rejecting Christ and His Word , the strange part is Jesus Christ must be put to death FIRST in everyone before He can rise up and do those works , those glorious works of the Father

I want to share this , my sister Pam died last year of a brain tumor , but she kept saying these amazing and uplifting and glorius things all the while she was experiencing death to her mortal body , I was realizing she was speaking in the Spirit , speaking these wonderful truths , such as , We are all connected though Christ , every last one of us , its that connection that never dies , its love and concern for one another that keeps us connected , she described some of the beauty and light and the colors she saw while in Gods presence that not only made it easy for her to bear the pain , but was glorifying God though all of it , I loved being with her during those times because it lifted me up within to a higher realm of exsistance , many felt the presence of God when gathered in His name and speaking about those things , its like a wondeful viberation of connection and love and peace that flows though every fiber of your being , Oh to taste it is so precious and to realize that this is whats to Come is so exciting , we can hardly wait for your own experince , that death is swallowed up in VICTORY ! JESUS BE Glorified for that wonderful work of the Cross ! , its still thrilling to go there and dwell on them thoughts

Last edited by Rosered on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

19 Re: Tape 1 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:24 pm

amen Rosie

20 Re: Tape 1 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:45 pm

Rosered

its so awesome Jeremy , I love it when the Lord blesses us ,

Bless Him for blessing us ! Smile

Rev 5:12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, [be] unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

21 Re: Tape 1 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:55 pm

Holly1

Wow Rose, that is amazing! I have also been experiencing how we are all connected in Christ. I was just saying to Sheila a couple of weeks ago, this might sound weird... but I feel like I can feel your love for me. And she said we're all connected in the Spirit! And I thought that was so amazing and I also breathed a huge sigh of relief that she didn't think I was nuts hahaha. Smile

Father has been revealing Himself to me by His Spirit speaking to my heart and also by His Spirit speaking through His people, and I thank Him beyond words that He is waking me up and bringing me the abundant life that Jesus always spoke about. The living water... freely given... ahhhh He is so amazing!!!

Thanks Rose for sharing that about Pam.

22 Re: Tape 1 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:36 am

Rosered

You are more than welcome Holly my sista in Christ , when the Lord moves we are all blessed by Him , I love it when the Lord does that , love you and love to all!!

God breathes on us and its a love you feel in your Very being and know , and there is no mistaking it ! powerful and wonderful Lord and savior

23 Re: Tape 1 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:45 am

Holly1

Amen Rosie! Love you, I'm so happy to have you around again!!

24 Re: Tape 1 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:14 pm

Rosered

Thanks Holly ,
so very much ,I LOVE this place , so inspirational , been reading this has helped me to see the very beastly natures in us all , the kingdom is also made up of many types and shadows of beast , and when David confessed his actions as like a beast before the Lord ! wow ! , Loved the Johnas part too
Jesus compares us to His sheep , I wonder what the new creatures in Christ really are ? lots to ponder here
and it has wakened me up again .. Praise God , I was in a long dry place for a bit now ..
Love to you and all , In Jesus Christ

25 Re: Tape 1 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:44 pm

Holly1

That's so awesome Rose! I feel like He's been waking me up too. I'm so glad to hear that Rosie. I love you

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum