APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daniel 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Daniel 9 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:57 am

cross-eyed

It was the first year of the reign of Darius the Mede, the son of Ahasuerus, who became king of the Babylonians. 2 During the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, learned from reading the word of the Lord, as revealed to Jeremiah the prophet, that Jerusalem must lie desolate for seventy years.3 So I turned to the Lord God and pleaded with him in prayer and fasting. I also wore rough burlap and sprinkled myself with ashes.

Okay, this is one of those areas where I've been kind of waiting for it to come up. In my own experiences, I have seen people who consider themselves as literal prayer-warriors in the church, identify themselves prophets in Scripture and they mimic such activities as what we're seeing Daniel doing here and for me, it's always kind of felt out of place. I've never confronted to rebuked them for it, but I did keep my eye on the results and not once did I see where this kind of activity did any good.

Now, there's one thing that I do ask you bear in mind . . .in no way am I saying Daniel was wasting his time or becoming superstitious in his mannerisms. I believe what they did in the Old Testament was what was called for. If I'm not mistaken, I think the sprinkling of ashes was connected with mourning.

The burlap is another word for sackcloth . . .connected to repentance. This wasn't Daniel's daily prayers, this was a prayer specifically aimed at restoration of a nation in bondage. You could actually say an angel appeared to him . . .the messenger in this case was Jeremiah. I wonder if Jeremiah was also praying in the same way for the same thing, beings he's the one that wrote it.

But I digress. My original point is, and we'll be hitting on this more later on in this chapter in how angels communicate, what they're doing between here and heaven . .. all of that . . .I believe what this part here is revealing is something that has changed between now and then. I think when Jesus gave his last breath, not only was there a manifestation in the natural . . .actually, I think the reason why where were manifestations in the natural . . .earthquakes and the renting of the veil in the temple . . .they happened because there was such a change in the spiritual order of things.

Yet many of the Charismatic circles carry on with their prayer-warrioring as though nothing has changed. They still go to the highest hill in the city to blow their shofar to "confuse" the demonic realm. They still throw salt down around buildings and homes and continue to carry on with mysterious rituals and such. But for me, it's changed when Jesus arrived and taught us how to pray. We're to see into the kingdom and call it forth . . .simple as that. No more warring angels fighting over our heads, wrestling with forces of darkness . . .not in the sense we've been taught.

There are still kingdoms being fought over . . .but it's not over our heads like we're seeing here with Daniel . . .it's "in" our heads.

2 Re: Daniel 9 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:01 pm

cross-eyed

4 I prayed to the Lord my God and confessed:

“Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and keep his commandments, 5 we have sinned and done wrong. We have been wicked and have rebelled; we have turned away from your commands and laws. 6 We have not listened to your servants the prophets, who spoke in your name to our kings, our princes and our ancestors, and to all the people of the land.

One thing really stands out about Daniel's prayer is that he takes the responsibility of Israel's rebellion personally. He doesn't let the status of what the Egyptians raised him to affect his vision of who he really is. A true sign of humility. How often do we get caught up in the compliments of others to the point it begins to change our opinion of ourselves.

This isn't to say we should have a negative view of ourselves, but it's just saying we should be grounded enough in our identity with Christ that our status with others should reflect that identity, rather than allow other's opinions affect our status in Christ.

This prayer can easily be turned inwardly as well. As a nation, Israel was notorious for adopting other religions as their own. And it led them into bondage. In me, when I let the beliefs of others be a part of my own identity, it also leads me into a bondage where I disallow myself to live in the freedom that my spirit once thrived in. We make promises we can't keep, or wish we didn't have to keep. We want to "fit in" so we hold our tongue even though there was a quickening within us to speak out in favor or against whatever the subject matter was.

The beauty about all of this is, nothing of this world is permanent. Including our own bondages, or addictions. We can be free from them the moment we lay them down before the Father and rather than expect him to remove them, we just embrace him . . .just because we love him. In the midst of our struggle to find relief, our problem tends to inflate itself to be much bigger than what it really is.

It becomes an obsession to make one's self clean. And the truth is, as long as we're looking at our "self" through our own eyes, we'll never find rest and acceptance. We'll always be working and laboring and trying to be something our flesh is not. Our flesh merely reflects where our spirit resides. If it is on our throne, our flesh reflects that by walking in peace and joy regardless of our surrounding situations.

If our spirit has been dethroned by our carnal mind, our flesh reflects that as well, through worry, emotions that lie very close to the surface of our nature that create havoc in our relationships with others and just a general restlessness. But it's all temporary and the Daniel in us rises up and prays a prayer of deliverance which does some miraculous things within.

7 “Lord, you are righteous, but this day we are covered with shame—the people of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem and all Israel, both near and far, in all the countries where you have scattered us because of our unfaithfulness to you. 8 We and our kings, our princes and our ancestors are covered with shame, Lord, because we have sinned against you. 9 The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him; 10 we have not obeyed the Lord our God or kept the laws he gave us through his servants the prophets. 11 All Israel has transgressed your law and turned away, refusing to obey

It's a prayer of misalignment and it's brought division within. They've been scattered abroad. The one thing about this experience of misalignment is, it causes me to lose my identity. I don't fit in anywhere. There are no relatives, friends or acquaintances that allow me to feel "complete" and "whole". It gets to the point were "I" don't like me anymore. Our minds don't know the "whys" of these things, they only know that they don't like who we are.

Kind of like how the law works. It never leads you out of anything, or into anything. It merely tells you that where you are is way short of where you should be. It invokes depression. But again, this is all a temporary thing, in spite of our self.

“Therefore the curses and sworn judgments written in the Law of Moses, the servant of God, have been poured out on us, because we have sinned against you. 12 You have fulfilled the words spoken against us and against our rulers by bringing on us great disaster. Under the whole heaven nothing has ever been done like what has been done to Jerusalem. 13 Just as it is written in the Law of Moses, all this disaster has come on us, yet we have not sought the favor of the Lord our God by turning from our sins and giving attention to your truth. 14 The Lord did not hesitate to bring the disaster on us, for the Lord our God is righteous in everything he does; yet we have not obeyed him.

This is another piece that I don't believe fits quite the same as it did pre-cross. "If you don't do this, then you get "this"" Grace has a whole other set of rules that governs it and it looks nothing like what's going on here. Our bondages are not a result of God releasing the enemy because we didn't do something right. They're a result of allowing carnality creep in and manipulate our judgment. The end result is the same though . . we're still in bondage. We create hell for ourselves more often than we'er aware of. But when our Daniel rises up from within, and we take responsibility for allowing carnality to take control, the alignment and freedom are once again released due to the Father realigning us with his nature once again.

3 Re: Daniel 9 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:00 pm

cross-eyed

12 You have fulfilled the words spoken against us and against our rulers by bringing on us great disaster. Under the whole heaven nothing has ever been done like what has been done to Jerusalem. 13 Just as it is written in the Law of Moses, all this disaster has come on us, yet we have not sought the favor of the Lord our God by turning from our sins and giving attention to your truth. 14 The Lord did not hesitate to bring the disaster on us, for the Lord our God is righteous in everything he does; yet we have not obeyed him.

This sounds harsh on the surface and it also is the same mentality traditional thinking believers have toward the hell doctrine. God warned you, you ignored his warning, so now, to hell with you. The only problem is, they are terribly over-shooting what's been revealed here. The punishment should fit the crime. If you reject God, (the crime) you become enslaved to the destructive nature of carnality. (the punishment).

No where does it indicate that God is throwing anyone into a place of torment for eternity. In fact, as we're about to read, this particular experience Israel has found herself in has a specific time-frame attached to it. Do you know why Israel was led away into captivity in the first place? It was all about honoring the Sabbath year. They were to til the land for 6 years and let it rest on the 7th. But they never did. So, for every year they ignored letting the land rest, God kept them in captivity. The number came to 70 years.

Now, here's something I'm seeing that I've never heard anyone preach. Look at this inwardly and it'll have even more impact. It was "because" they would not let their land (flesh) experience REST . . .SABBATH REST . . .that it resulted in a state of bondage. Entering into His Rest again, it isn't an action like it is in the natural, it's an inward experience, a pursuit, a hunger without conditions.

By that I mean "I want more of Jesus . . .unless it challenges my current belief system" Rest manifests unconditionally when it's pursued . . .unconditionally.

If you want to have some fun . . .read up on Noah's story again, only instead of using the name "Noah" replace that with the word "rest". Because the definition for "Noah" really is "Rest". Look it up. My favorite part of that whole thing is when the ark of "rest"(Noah) came to "rest" on Mt. Ararat. Ararat literally means "the curse is reversed". I just love that!!!

If we don't honor the Day of Rest . . .which is Christ, we become enslaved. But again, like I've been saying all through these prophecies, the bondage is temporary. There's a beginning and an end. Daniel heard the message in the Word that the end of the bondage had come. So here's a question . . .IF God had already said it would be for 70 years, then why was it still necessary for Daniel to pray for it to happen?

Wasn't it enough that God said it? Brace yourself . . .the answer is no. God has done all that he needs to do, those three words Jesus spoke on the cross reverberate across time and dimension when he said "It is Finished". We've been lulled into a lie when we're told that God is in control of everything in this earth. We don't get it.

God's hands are not totally tied and it's not that he doesn't protect those he loves . . . but at the same time, it rains on the just and the unjust. The dominion of this world was handed over to US. It requires US, not to motivate God, but to release his power. If Daniel doesn't pray for the release, if Jeremiah doesn't pray for the release, it doesn't happen. Why? Because this world was created to respond to "us". The sound of our voices cause invisible energy cells to react.

God spoke "to" his children "through" his prophets. When the prophets spoke, God's will manifested because this realm literally reacted to them. That's how our atmosphere was established. It's not just air that we breathe to stay alive. Within our spirits we "see" the kingdom, through our proclamations we release what we see into this realm that doesn't see it. And "then" it becomes seen. That's what faith is all about. It's not that it "pleases" God . . .it's that it "moves" God.

When Daniel prayed what was already decreed, miracles happened. People were freed, not only just freed, but they were allowed to rebuild that which was demolished. The reconstruction of the temple . . ."my" temple . . ."my" identity has been rebuilt by the master-builder himself. There is no going back, there is no returning to a belief system that is still on the wrong side of the realm. Sin is a distant memory . . .Rest has regained the throne and freedom has replaced the chains that this earthiness once had on me.

4 Re: Daniel 9 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:23 pm

Interesting thoughts on prayer. I've always thought it kind of futile. But still do because.

5 Re: Daniel 9 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:05 am

cross-eyed

Because . . . .????

I still see prayer as a fundamental part of our relationship with the Father, but like everything else, defining prayer has a whole new look than the traditional sense. Praying without ceasing . . .worry about nothing, pray about everything . . .for me, prayer is in everything we do and think. Worship is a form of prayer, discussing one with another is a form of prayer . . .personal reflection is a form of prayer . . .it's not just being on your knees and trying to keep the one-way conversation going between you and God. It's a two-way thing when God speaks and you react to his presence . . .it's a beautiful thing. Cool Cool

6 Re: Daniel 9 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:22 am

I meant, if God knows its going to happen, why do I need to ask. I still did because its evidently spoken of, throughout scripture. Not begrudgingly or anything like that. And not that I've never seen any benefit from it.

I'm just speaking of more of a nuts and bolts, what does it do. That it releases the power of God is the answer I didn't get before.

I rarely get on my knees and pray, though I do. Mostly it is pray without ceasing. To have discussions with my Father.

7 Re: Daniel 9 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:44 am

cross-eyed

That's one thing that even Jesus himself spent a lot of time doing. If he wasn't ministering to the masses . . .he was trying to get away from them so he could be alone with his Dad. it's not about rattling off wish lists, but I do think it fills the empty tank when we do take time to just "dwell" on the things of the Father. Many people say they do it while they drive, oddly enough, my time seems to be in the shower. I've had many, many times when things just drop in my spirit while I'm in the shower. I'm not sure on the reasoning for that yet, but it's been going on for years. Heck, half the time I don't really remember if I shampooed my hair or washed behind my ears because he's had my mind so preoccupied with his kingdom . . .I figure if I don't "smell" too bad, then I got what needed to be gotten. Smile

8 Re: Daniel 9 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:15 pm

Yeah driving and the shower are the big places for me. I've received almost every revelation while doing one of those.

9 Re: Daniel 9 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:02 pm

cross-eyed

15 And now, O Lord our God, that hast brought thy people out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand, and hast gotten thee renown, as appeareth this day, we have sinned, we have done wickedly.
16 O Lord, according to all thy righteousness, I beseech thee, let thine anger and thy wrath be turned away from thy city Jerusalem thine holy Mountain: because of our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and thy people are a reproach to all that are about us. 17 Now therefore, O our God, hear the prayer of thy servant, and his supplications, and cause thy face to shine upon thy Sanctuary, that lieth waste for the Lord’s sake.

Things we tend to take for granted. Old Testament life required a LOT of labor from man to minister to God and receive ministry from God. After the Cross . . .all of that labor was replaced by grace. It's hard to fathom, but the cross is just that great. No longer do we have to work up a sweat in our prayers to beg God to turn from his anger upon us. But that doesn't mean we're not to take responsibility for the alignment within us.

We can still find ourselves in bondage due to our self-ish motives and desires. We can not align ourselves, nor do we "misalign" ourselves. Whatever power we allow to rule from our throne does that. We do have the power to have either ruler be overthrown. But only one will induce life from within us.

This body is my sanctuary where the Holy Spirit is to be seated upon the throne within me. When I give my attention to the flesh, carnality dethrones the spirit and immediately affects my current state. Finished state is unchanged, but current state is directly affected.

18 O my God, incline thine ear and hear: open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city whereupon thy Name is called: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our own righteousness, but for thy great tender mercies.
19 O Lord hear, O Lord forgive, O Lord consider, and do it: defer not, for thine own sake, O my God: for thy Name is called upon thy city, and thy people.
20 And while I was speaking and praying, and confessing my sin, and the sin of my people Israel, and did present my supplication before the Lord my God, for the holy Mountain of my God,
21 Yea, while I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen before in the vision, came flying, and touched me about the time of the evening oblation.

22 And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee knowledge and understanding.
23 At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to show thee, for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter and consider the vision

Out of time . . . nuts . . we just got to the good part!!!

10 Re: Daniel 9 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:39 am

cross-eyed

18 O my God, incline thine ear and hear: open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city whereupon thy Name is called: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our own righteousness, but for thy great tender mercies.
19 O Lord hear, O Lord forgive, O Lord consider, and do it: defer not, for thine own sake, O my God: for thy Name is called upon thy city, and thy people.
20 And while I was speaking and praying, and confessing my sin, and the sin of my people Israel, and did present my supplication before the Lord my God, for the holy Mountain of my God,
21 Yea, while I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen before in the vision, came flying, and touched me about the time of the evening oblation.
22 And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee knowledge and understanding.
23 At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to show thee, for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter and consider the vision

In us, our spirit is crying out . . .Scripture in the New Testament claims this as well. When our spirit prays with groanings . . .

Romans 8:26
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

26-28 Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God’s Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don’t know how or what to pray, it doesn’t matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That’s why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.

This prayer Daniel is praying . . .our spirit prays in this manner and our minds aren't even aware of it. Talk about praying without ceasing. We think that means our mind must be engaged before it's an actual prayer . . . but I beg to differ. There are times when we think God just shows up and intervenes in our life when the truth is, God is responding to the uninterpretable prayers our spirit is praying.

Maybe that's why this is so interesting to me in Daniel's prayer. He's representing the Spirit in us and for the first time, we're seeing the prayer in our language as it prays on our behalf, just like Daniel, even though he didn't commit these sins that angered God, he's praying on behalf of the nation that "did" commit them.

And before our spirit even finishes it's praying, the answer is on it's way . . .but . .where's our mind in all of this? I'd like to think it's totally unaware of a lot of this. And when our minds "do" become aware, like right now, I'd like to also think that even though my mind is recognizing what's going on, it will not interfere with what the Spirit in me is saying or praying. But instead, it will submit to what it doesn't know and come into agreement with what it's not understanding . . .groanings and sighs . . . no need for literal words when the Spirit in us speaks on a whole other plain.

11 Re: Daniel 9 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:58 pm

cross-eyed

To dove-tail from that last post on that thought about my mind submitting to my spirit and allowing it to pray beyond my conscious understanding or awareness. The passage comes to me about where Paul talks about praying two ways, one is in the spirit language and realm, the other is in "this" realm of a language my mind "does" understand.

So now, Gabriel comes and lets Daniel in on God's plan for the nation he represents. Which raises a question in me. This message Daniel is receiving about the 70 weeks, something just about every end-time church has preached about; the question is, is Israel "aware" of this plan God has that he's setting aside for the Jews only?

Because in this sense, or in this dimension of understanding, Daniel represents my spirit, Israel would then represent my mind/soul. The land of Israel would be the body/flesh. Was Israel aware of this prayer, of Gabriel's visit, of the message he brought? I would say they had access to that knowledge because Daniel obviously had written it down. But when Jesus came on the scene, there was no indication that the religious leaders were aware of it's meaning, which is no surprise. Daniel is the one that received and recorded it and even "he" didn't know what it meant.

So, for me, this is depicting the fact that God sends messages to my spirit that my mind has never realized. I'll go so far as to say my spirit has known the mysteries of God all along, but my mind is just now coming into the realization of this. And, it's only the tip of the iceberg.

The infinity of God will never be fully comprehended by my finite mind. I will be able to comprehend bits and pieces, but until I allow myself to be fitted with the rest of the body of Christ that also has received bits and pieces of God's infinity, only then will I ever come into the wholeness of his nature and who he is. And that's still not to say that I'll understand it all.

In the same way I don't know all of the things that take place within my finger for it to operate, but I still reap the benefits of it's operation. The Face of the Lord is shining upon this sanctuary that once lied in waste, all for the Lord's sake. (Verse 17)

24 Seventy [s]weeks are determined upon [t]thy people and upon thine holy city, to finish the wickedness, and to seal up [u]the sins, and to reconcile the iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

The infamous seventy weeks . . . This one verse has so much in it and I'm going to shift gears just a bit and flip back to the natural understanding. These weeks, as most now understand, were weeks of years. Here's the interesting thing, Israel just served a seventy year sentence of captivity in Babylon. It was seventy years because of the seventy Sabbath days they ignored for their land to be at rest.

Now that they've served their time, God is setting aside another window of opportunity. Remember when Peter asked "how many times must I forgive? 7 times? And Jesus response was . . .70 x 7. Yes? What's that total out to be? 490. Now, did that mean we're to carry a record around with us and keep track of each time we had to forgive someone? Or . . could this be more about a spiritual principle instead? For me, the number 490 signifies forgiveness.

This 70 weeks God set aside for Israel was God's way of showing Israel they were forgiven for their rebellion. It began with the rebuilding of the city of Jerusalem. Up to this time it had still laid in ruin since Israel had first gone into Egyptian bondage.

In us, forgiveness has already been extended. The rebellion of our flesh has already been taken into account and our judgment has already been given and our sentence has already been served. We are living in a state of forgiveness. I believe that's why we're seeing a rising of this universal message. In spite of the reactions from the religious, forgiveness over-rides it all.

There was no gap in the 70 weeks then, there is no gap in the forgiveness extended to us now. It is complete. In our incompleteness, we embrace his completeness and our brokenness is transformed into a wholeness. And, it affects our vision of how we see his Word in us. We are the church Jesus referred to when he said "tear this temple down and in three days, I will raise it up . . ." He said that two days ago, this is the third day from that decree.

The naysayers claim we're the false prophets, but our message is the only message that proclaims life, freedom and unimaginable joy. Death has lost it's sting. Amen?

I'm not finished with this yet . . I'm just out of time for now.

12 Re: Daniel 9 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:04 pm

cross-eyed

So, we know Israel had just spent the previous 70 years in captivity for their negligence and rebellion. 10 (law) multiplied by 7 (completion). God's discipline has a beginning and an end. No eternal torment. And when the time is served, God extends gifts which manifests his forgiveness. I'd never seen that before. The 70 weeks that God side aside specifically for Israel was a gift. It had a beginning . . .which was when the king gave a decree allowing Israel's occupants to return to the destroyed city of Jerusalem and allow them to rebuild.

It started the clock of 490 years which led up to Jesus ministry. In that time frame, there was a list of things that were also going to happen.

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thine holy city, to finish the wickedness, and to seal up the sins, and to reconcile the iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy

6 specific events.

1:finish the wickedness
2:seal up the sins
3:reconcile the iniquity
4:bring in everlasting righteousness
5:seal up the vision and prophecy
6:anoint the most Holy.

Question . . did God demand anything "from" Israel? No. Does God now demand anything from us? No. In us, he finishes, seals, reconciles, ushers, and anoints. We are vessels, we do nothing but merely contain his presence in our lives.

There was a lot that went on between when the city was rebuilt and when the last day of the time-table came to pass. If you read in the book of Macabees, you'll see all of the wars they went through as God continued to purge the sin out of his chosen nation.

Did you know there is a distinct ending in Scripture as to when this timetable was fully completed? Tradition says that 69 weeks passed and then the time of the Gentiles was ushered in and that's where we are until Jesus returns, the rapture takes place and at the beginning of the 7 year tribulation, God starts the clock again. Which really if you think about it, totally distorts what God had said to Daniel. No part of the 70 weeks was for any other nation other than Israel. I'm pretty sure the 7-year tribulation theory affects more than just Israel.

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

I believe this is where traditional churches get the gap between the 69 and 70 week theory. He's saying that from the time the decree is made to the coming of the Messiah, "that" will be 69 weeks. yes? And Jerusalem was indeed rebuilt again, but in troublesome times . . .Rome was usurping authority over Israel at that time and the Jews hated them for it . . .

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

After . . .AFTER the 69 weeks passed, the Messiah would come but would be cut off . . .what do you suppose "that's" connected to? I would have to say it's speaking about the cross. He was cut off, but not for himself. He was cut off for US... it was the beginning of the end of Israel as a nation.

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Confirm the covenant . . .did you know "testament" means "covenant"? Jesus was confirming the old covenant with a new and living way. In the middle of the week . . .how long is that? 3 1/2 years . . .how long was Jesus ministry? 3 1/2 years. Halfway through the sacrifices ceased. Why? Because Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice and once he became our sacrifice, the animal sacrifices were no longer effective or necessary. And this is also why I personally believe this temple the Jews and many Christians today are just dying to see rebuilt is never going to happen. God closed the book on that . . .

So that still leaves us with 3 1/2 years to go. I believe the 70 weeks ended the day Stephen was martyred. It was the introduction to Saul and his ministry . . .and it was not to the Jews . . but to the Gentiles. Peter was a part of that when he saw the vision of the sheet coming down with all the unclean animals in it . . .immediately following that, he was led to the house of Cornelius, a Gentile . .and the Holy Spirit poured out on them all. Peter had to be there . . .he represented the church. If he didn't see it with his own eyes, they never would have accepted it as God.

So . . .the 70 weeks are complete and they are not still waiting to be fulfilled . . .it is finished. And so am I. I'm out of time again.

Blessings.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum