APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chapter Twenty One - It's All About "Perspective". (Last Chapter)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cross-eyed

IT’S ALL ABOUT “PERSPECTIVE”

I’ll leave you with this last thought. A couple years ago, I took my camera out into the country and took some pictures of wildlife and such. I went to my favorite place where just being there invigorates me. The beauty of the landscape is breath taking. The deep ravines, the sun-lit pastures, the high bluffs full of trees and the wildlife that live in and around them. I love it all.

On this one day in the early fall of that year, I’d been out there, just soaking in the beauty of it all, and I’d taken a couple dozen pictures though the course of a couple hours and went back home just feeling the peace and tranquility I often get from such outings. And the next day, as I was sitting at my desktop and sifting through them, (I love digital cameras!) I came across two particular ones that just made my jaw drop.

There is this one oak tree that is full and mature and positioned at the base of a bluff, but also on a high bank overhanging a rather large creek that runs through the whole area. There’s a small, but a fairly open pasture that is flat and at the bottom of these high bluffs, and this tree is at a natural point of all of it. I’d taken a picture specifically of this oak tree just because its placement is so that from this one tree, you have a panoramic view of the whole creek bottom.

Then as I passed the tree, I’d turned around and had taken another picture of the creek bottom, just from a little different vantage point. But in both pictures, this tree stood out. When you laid the two pictures side-by-side, it looked like two completely different trees. In fact, if I was not so familiar with that particular lay of land, I wouldn’t have recognized the fact that the two pictures were both of the same tree. Why? Because it all had to do with the positioning of the sun.

I’d inadvertently taken a picture of the tree while walking into the sun, then I’d taken another picture of the tree while walking away from the sun. Now, you may not think much of that, but this is what happens quite often when you begin walking in the kingdom of truth. Regardless of where you are, or what you’re doing, God begins speaking to you through so many different avenues.

The kingdom truths that are in you, I’m not making that up. Jesus, Himself, said that the kingdom doesn’t come by way of observation, but that it’s “in” you.

Luke 17
20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
24For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

I love how the Holy Spirit puts things together. “In HIS DAY” light will completely illuminate our earths. Our darkness will be driven away as revelational illumination of truth flows from the throne, into our hearts, through our minds, yes, my mind does play a role in all of this, just not at the conception of truth being planted in me. But this river flows from the throne, into my heart, through my mind, and into those around me. It’s all for the coming of the DAY of the Lord. “This” is that day. It’s not a measure of time, it’s a dimension of Jesus. That was what John was in when he received the revelation of Jesus Christ, it was on the Lord’s Day. It’s not about a natural day, it’s about being “in” the person of Christ.

The kingdom of Heaven is being illuminated “in you” in this Day of Jesus as your relationship with Him is maturing and growing, you are becoming impregnated with His life-seeds. They will take on a new life in you, without your mind controlling them. You’re mind is your womb. It’s where thoughts are conceived, incubated, and birthed out. But no longer is it going to be church as usual in us. These seeds of life giving birth are not from the fornication of men.

They are not from churches abusing the relationship of God in others. They are not from the perversion of intimacy in the body of Christ. But they are the purity of Christ manifesting in, and through the bride of Christ. All in preparation for the marriage between Christ and creation. We “will” be one with the Son, as the Son is one with the Father. That’s His prayer and you can bet your bottom dollar that there’s no prayer that the Son prays that does not go unanswered.

In case you haven’t noticed by now, walking in the kingdom will also lead you through many topics and truths before finishing with one original thought. We tend to call them rabbit trails. But because they are always intertwined with each other, and we are to be fishers of men, I no longer call them rabbit trails, but they are the netting used by God, given to us, to catch the bounty of His truths that lie beneath the depths of His wondrous majestic life and kingdom.

Just as the ponds, rivers, seas and oceans are a whole other realm containing aquatic life with which we who can only live without mechanical assistance in this atmosphere of air, yet we can literally throw our nets into, and literally take life from the watery realm and benefit greatly from it as we bring it into our realm, so it is with how these spiritual nets work in our hearts. Nothing is missed when we take the time to allow our conversations to take on a life of their own, even though to us it seems like our conversations are jumping all around to different topics and subjects, all things are very much connected to everything else.

Having said that, let me get back to these two pictures. The first picture was taken as I was facing the sun. When you look at the tree, you’re not really seeing the tree, you’re seeing brilliant light that’s shining “through” the tree. You’re seeing the heavy limbs, the support system of the tree. You’re seeing light, and you have to squint to see even that.

The other picture was taken after I’d walked by the tree and turned around, with my back now to the sun as I face the tree. In this position, I see two major components of the tree. I see the green color of the leaves, and I see the darkness of shadows that the leaves create on each other. And that’s it. If you look at “any” tree, that’s what you’ll see. You see leaves and shadows of leaves. What does this have to do with any thing?

Mark 8
22And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him.
23And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.
24And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.
25After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.

Before I began seeing patterns emerge in scripture, passages like this never made sense to me. Was Jesus not powerful enough to heal this blind guy on the first attempt? Was the blindness so strong that even Jesus had to work up a lather to break through it? I hardly think so. It’s passages like this that cause me to believe that nothing is done by coincidence or accident. Everything Jesus not only said, but also did, was said and done on purpose, “with” purpose.

First, Jesus led the blind man out of town. He didn’t want the blind guy to be able to be distracted by onlookers and nay-sayers standing around, perhaps infecting his faith with what Jesus was about to do He needed to take him away from the noise so that he could be able to see the source of the sound. I believe what Jesus did here was, He healed him according to spiritual order. He let him see spiritually, “then” he let him see physically. And spiritually speaking, men are as trees. Let scripture interpret scripture.

Psalm 1
1Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

I just love verse 25 of Mark 8. It moves me to tears to “see” what it’s saying. He made this blind guy “look up”. He took him to the elevated place. He brought him to an upper room experience. He revealed to him resurrection power. And “that’s” when he was healed. And “that’s” when he could see every man clearly.

Remember what I said about the fact that just because you’re not in a closet somewhere sweating huge amounts of perspiration, doesn’t mean you’re not praying? Well, as I was out there in the creation of God, I wasn’t in a prayer, I was walking His prayer, but I wasn’t actively praying about anything. In fact, I wasn’t even aware of what I’d done until the next day and I saw these two pictures side-by-side.

See, when I had the sun to my back and saw the tree’s leaves and shadows, the Lord spoke to me and revealed to me that this is often how I look at people. All I can see is their emotions (color) and weaknesses (shadows). Men are trees. God was showing me how I tend to look at people. Now, there’s nothing wrong when you see people emulate beauty. Which is seeing the colors and shadows in the proper balance. But when I “emphasize” the emotion, or the shadows to the point to where I wish I could approach them and “straighten them out”. That’s when I’ve become imbalanced myself.

And here’s the key that made my jaw drop. The problem isn’t the shadows in the trees I’m observing. It’s in my position from which I’m making my observation. I have my back to the sun/Son. It’s not the tree that needs to make the adjustment, it’s me. If I reverse my alignment with them, and walk to their other side, every story has another side. Every bad circumstance, every bad opinion, will always have another side.

If I would just make the effort and walk around to the other side where my back is no longer facing the sun, but now my face, which signifies my identity, when my face is facing the Son and “then” look at this same person, or situation, I’d realize that there are only two things that I need to see. One is, there is a support system already in place that’s keeping the person upright, even though the person themselves may not see it, but it’s “in” them. And the other thing that I would clearly see, is just how bright the brilliance of the sun is actually shining through that person.

As I come to the end of the journey with this writing, I want to reiterate again what it means when you read scripture spiritually. I’ve talked about the three major dimensions being natural, moral and spiritual and the differences between walking in the flesh and walking in the Spirit. And I’ve also shared how our emphasis of scripture should be geared more toward the message that lies beneath the stories and words that are simply written on the pages.

To simplify this entire line of thought, for me, reading scripture spiritually is applying it “inwardly”. That works with not just every story, but every verse; every proverb; every psalm and every prophecy with both the old and new covenants. When I apply it to the man and woman within me, I’m allowing the seed of life to remain in its most effective form of purity. I believe that alone is the purpose of the entire scripture. It’s for every person to apply it solely to their own individual lives and relationship with the Father.

The moment I take that seed from the word and attempt to apply it to another person other than myself, I’ve just taken an unimaginable power source of life, light and freedom that can actually resurrect the dead man in me into a new creation, and I’ve perverted it into form of bondage and conformity, not to mention inflicting condemnation and shame to another individual all in the same motion. I’ve turned a life form into a religion. I’m not trying to condemn anyone. Jesus didn’t come to condemn this world, so who am I to think that it’s up to us to do so?

Read the scripture, embrace its life force in you. And allow the Spirit to be the one to apply it to others from the inside out. We’re really good as a church at teaching how to give the appearance of what a Christian should look like, but the problem is, we’re simply birthing more whitewashed tombs because the transformation is not coming from within. We’re too busy trying to transform how people look and act on the outside when all the while, it is the Holy Spirits responsibility to do that from the inside.

I believe that’s what this Sabbath Day is returning us to. It’s returning us to the order and alignment God originally established in all of us. The Sabbath day is the triggering device that will bring that into manifestation in all our lives. All that’s required of us is submission to the spirit within us so that we to, can manifest that same DNA characteristic that’s in us to those without. It’s not about trying to change people’s minds and hearts. That’s the Holy Spirit’s area of expertise. All we are asked to do is plant the same life seed in others that was planted in us.

That we not rely on our mind to accept or reject the seed, but that we take captive our carnality and our natural thinking minds and put it in subjection to our spirit which in turn will then receive that life seed from the Holy Spirit and as we mature, we’ll be able to birth that same life seed into others. But it all starts with submission and demolition. Submission of our minds to our spirit and allowing the Holy Spirit to come in and tear down everything that we allowed to be built up. As you can see by this book, once you let the Spirit tear things down, you begin seeing His truth in a whole new light.

So the next time you take a stroll through your favorite verses and passages, give this a try. Try to apply those patterns and principles to the man within you and see if God doesn’t ignite a fire that consumes the man in you but yet you yourself becomes stronger and more energized by His illumination rather than being simply reminded of moral values that you already have known for years. The atmosphere in you is ready for an explosion of life. Let it come from within instead of trying to search for it without.

This book is not to try to raise a rebellion against your church. It’s to try to free you from the power of your “self.” It’s to show you the Day of the Lord “has come”, and it’s not in the form that we were originally expecting. The purpose of this book is to raise the awareness in people that authority has been given to us, and it’s planted within us, to once again, enter into the promise land with the dominion and freedom that truth has released upon us, if only we’d exercise in that authority.

Our Eve will always desire after our Adam. Our mind will always want control over our spirit. But our Adam will rule over her. Our mind will always want to be in control of what it thinks is right or wrong, but only our spirit has the authority. When my mind submits to my spirit, authority will then manifest in me.

This book is entitled “The House of Resurrection” because it comes from the words of Jesus to the religious crowd where he proclaimed “tear down this temple and in three days I will raise it up”. Paul tells us “What? Know ye not that “you” are a temple of the Holy Ghost? Another place it speaks about us being “living stones” with which Christ is building His church. As we mentioned earlier, where also Jesus told Peter “Upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell cannot prevail against it”. We our that church.

And what we’ve become has been a man-made religious system that may have bits and pieces of truth in us here and there, but we’re far from the pure and authoritative house that Jesus was speaking of. Until we come to our own Patmos, our own place of killing, the revelation of Jesus won’t be unveiled to our understanding either. Before there can be a resurrection of His house in us, we need to first allow Him to bring a demolition to the house we’ve embraced and protected.

Instead of holding on to things loosely, we’ve embraced, emphasized and immortalized belief systems that were never meant to be permanent places of our dwelling. This is not to say that the beliefs of our ancestors was a waste of time. It’s saying that the Sabbath Day has come and the old things are to have passed away as all things are now becoming new.

This is that third day spoken about by Jesus. We’re in it now. It’s beginning to manifest to our generation “now”. If anything is to come to this generation, it’s not the rapture or the end of the world, but it’s the dawning of the Sabbath Day, the beginning of an entirely new way of life in Christ. All of our old routines no longer are effective anymore. Listen to the underlying message of the televangelists and modern day prophets, you will hear this same message from them as well. Change is coming, it’s here for those who are open to receive it, and it’s coming to those who won’t.

Jesus laid the foundation stone with Peter. (“upon this rock I will build . . .”) Our generation is seeing the beginnings of the completion of the house Jesus has been building on that foundation laid two thousand years, or two days ago. We are that “House of Resurrection”. We are that temple Jesus prophesied about raising up. Yes, I understand that scripture does state that Jesus was not referring to the literal buildings as His listeners were trying to proclaim. But instead to them, He was referring about His body being the temple that would be raised from the dead after His crucifixion.

I understand that clearly. But as I’ve shared before, this book is a dimensional book. Jesus was literally talking about His literal body to those literal people back then. But to me, two days after the fact, I’m not looking for His literal body to be physically resurrected again. I’m looking for His spiritual body, which according to what I’ve gathered from scripture, is us. We are the body, He is the head. I’m looking for his spiritual body through us to be raised up, to be resurrected from the earth, from our flesh, from this realm of death and decay. This resurrection is going to go beyond the comprehension and permission of the mind of man. It’s not about what I consciously accept, it’s about what His completion is doing.

The earth is going to be covered with the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea. It’s not through the works of our hands and our heads. We’re no longer identifiable with the mark of the beast. But we’ve been given a new name, a new identity. Christ is preparing His bride all right, but she consists of a bit broader spectrum of people than the church has been relaying to us.

If Jesus created us, He will not destroy us. In this book, I have chosen my last words to be a song that came to me this week. I believe we’re seeing the dawning of the day of Jubilee where the Father is breathing the breath of His love into us, to fan the flame of the spirit of life in us all.

FAN THE FLAME

THE SEALS ARE BROKEN
THE TRUMPETS ARE BLOWING
THE BOWLS ARE POURING
COME FAN THE FLAME
MY HEART IS YEARNING
FOR THE FIRE BURNING
MY MIND IS TURNING
COME FAN THE FLAME

FAN THE FLAME,
I WANT TO GO HIGHER
FAN THE FLAME,