APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Righteousness of Christ

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Righteousness of Christ on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:39 am

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
I am going to try to put a picture here in words of the righteousness of Christ compared to the righteousness of men.

Take a piece of paper, now in the middle of the paper, draw a line from left to right dividing the the paper in half with the line.

Above the line, write "righteousness"
Below the line, just write "unrighteousness" or "sin"

Now along the line write "the Law of God", the line itself is His Law.

When we sin we fall out of the law of God, we go into the lower half of the paper that is labeled "unrighteousness" or "sin".

At the time of Christ they also had the "sacrificial law" this too is represented in the line. When a man sins, he falls short of the line (the law), falls short of the mark, but it was the mark at that time because the "sacrificial law" was included in the law.

When men would make a sacrifice for the atonement of their sin, this would only bring them back into the law, meaning they were only being brought back up to the line.

But what the law could not do was bring them above the line into the righteousness of Christ, the upper half of the paper.

Now comes the understanding that men have misinterpreted as righteousness, when they obeyed the law, the sacrificial law, they saw that as their righteousness, they thought they were being brought into the upper area of righteousness when in truth they were only being brought back up to the line, being brought back into the law.

It is a constant aligning of themselves with the law but that could never bring them into the righteousness of Christ.

It is here that we can now see the difference in that those who are of Christ, the law is a part of our foundation, but moving into the righteousness of Christ is to act upon the law of righteousness, that law being, to love thy neighbor as thyself, to love your enemy, to love God with all your heart, soul, spirit, mind, strength, body .....

By what Christ is doing in us, through the renewing of the mind, the changing of our heart of stone (the law) into a heart of flesh (His righteousness) our flesh, our physical body now becomes the body of Christ that He works through ... the vessel that has been molded into the body, by the renewing of the mind and the changing of our heart.

If things are still a little fuzzy, because of the shortness of this explanation, I can try to fill in some details, but it can only be filled in by only what I have come to understand so far.

If something else is revealed, it can change a detail, by either making it clearer or it might cause more darkness, I hope for the first.

Many blessings and much love
Jugg

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

2 Re: The Righteousness of Christ on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:41 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
There is no doubt in my mind that you are describing the second day of Gen.1.

I too believe that these waters are our understanding, and depending on which you look at here, it's either from above or from beneath the Firmament, this is what speaks of that dividing line on Paper you are seeing.

From our conversation last night, The Spirit is taking me from Gen.1, to the story of the waters in 2kings 6:1-7, to the waters of the Swine, to the Baptism of Christ, and then in and through us.

Let's face it, it is ONE story told over and over again and again. It's all about God's Redemption through His Son to man.

But I agree, these waters show men's understanding and the understanding of God's, which we know are miles apart.
For His thoughts are not our thoughts, nor His ways.....

There is more to come, I just know it.

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

3 Re: The Righteousness of Christ on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:08 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
Scherryl wrote:There is no doubt in my mind that you are describing the second day of Gen.1.

I too believe that these waters are our understanding, and depending on which you look at here, it's either from above or from beneath the Firmament, this is what speaks of that dividing line on Paper you are seeing.

From our conversation last night, The Spirit is taking me from Gen.1, to the story of the waters in 2kings 6:1-7, to the waters of the Swine, to the Baptism of Christ, and then in and through us.

Let's face it, it is ONE story told over and over again and again. It's all about God's Redemption through His Son to man.

But I agree, these waters show men's understanding and the understanding of God's, which we know are miles apart.
For His thoughts are not our thoughts, nor His ways.....

There is more to come, I just know it.

Blessings

and yes, the second day is what I saw in this also, the expanse is in between the waters, man's understanding and God's understanding and the line drawn is the expanse,His law and what man (Pharisees) did with the law was they expanded the law beyond what God intended for it to be used for ....

which is, to keep us from sin by understanding what sin is through the understanding of the law, and by our own understanding (in carnality) we turn that into righteousness which in Truth becomes "self" righteousness.

And that is what is revealed to our own mind when Christ reveals Himself in us, it's a double whammy, His revealing "in" us reveals who we are inside, that being carnal.

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

4 The Righteousness of Christ on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:54 pm

srichard

Greetings All, Good to be here. Enjoying your insights.

water,water..everywhere lol! when I almost drowned in floodwaters from below

washed off the HIGHway in 1983...when I finally got back to my home,and opened

the scriptures...this is what my eyes laid on. 'HE REACHED DOWN FROM ON

HIGH AND TOOK HOLD OF ME,HE DREW ME OUT OF DEEP WATERS

Psalms 18 v 16

5 Re: The Righteousness of Christ on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:10 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Hi Sheila Welcome,

WOW, sounds like you had a close call. And Yes, that scripture plays so well in this whole thing. Coincidence I don't think so.

The more I study waters in scripture the more I am in Awe, fascinating subject indeed.

Again, glad your here with us.

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

6 Re: The Righteousness of Christ on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:02 pm

srichard

I've been reading for awhile.Scherryl..the post about the wild stray cat....

I was weeping so ..... my grand-daughter heard me from the next room and had

to come see what was the matter..

We have one just like it....he doesn't want me out of his sight now.....where-ever

I am in the house,he is.. Jack is one foot away from me..and in my lap when I am on

the computor.He's big,orange and has one eye. The girls named him...

one-eyed Jack.

7 Re: The Righteousness of Christ on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:16 pm

Hey Sheila. I was wondering if we'd see you here.

8 Re: The Righteousness of Christ on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:26 pm

srichard

Hi..my sister Rose is just come over,too!! We have a lot of reading to do.

...it's hard to just jump in..for some..... Embarassed not me..evidently lol!!

9 Re: The Righteousness of Christ on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:55 pm

Rosered

Ha , Shelia , was not going to say anything now , but oh well , Smile
your right lots of reading to do . I did read alot yesterday , today was way to much to get done here at home

But come on a couple of times for a short time .
Glad to see everyone again Smile love the sharing

For Juggheads original post , like what you brought out to discuss , and the waters being many toungues , peoples and nations in Revelation = revealing , makes me really think hard on the waters above and below such is life and death in the power of the tongue , peoples and nations

I thought when reading you and Scherryls posts ,on a personal note : how much Romans has helped set me free from a sort of mental prision in my own mind , this carnal mind has been torture to put it mildly , and does war against the Spirit of Christ within , so the paper with the line drawn Bro J being the law of God that the carnal mind is a enemy to always in death and not life ...

lots of scriptures on the Righteousness of Jesus Christ as the condition acceptable to God , that God has made by His own working though His Son
no man can know God in that way , Like the Spirit of Life of Jesus Christ in you

Rom 8:10 And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.
must be how we can walk in the SPIRIT OF LIFE than , as Paul states in another place and keeping our minds on the things above , that are pure and lovely .

I love all the insights/gifts everyone has been given in faith in the Lord

Just breathing again , and it feels great to be alive in Christ Smile Thanking God for that promise to never leave us

10 Re: The Righteousness of Christ on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:18 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
srichard wrote: I've been reading for awhile.Scherryl..the post about the wild stray cat....

I was weeping so ..... my grand-daughter heard me from the next room and had

to come see what was the matter..

We have one just like it....he doesn't want me out of his sight now.....where-ever

I am in the house,he is.. Jack is one foot away from me..and in my lap when I am on

the computor.He's big,orange and has one eye. The girls named him...

one-eyed Jack.

Ah..I'm glad it blessed you, it blew my socks off. I couldn't stop crying the rest of the night, I couldn't believe that The Lord would give me such a blessing as that, overwhelming.

His name is "Bud" LOL, and he is orange too.

Blessings

11 Re: The Righteousness of Christ on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:51 pm

Rosey Smile

I've missed you so much. I didn't know you and Sheila were sisters.

I'm redhotmagma incase you didn't know.

I'm so glad you ladies are here.

12 Re: The Righteousness of Christ on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:56 pm

Rosered

Jeremy1 wrote:Rosey Smile

I've missed you so much. I didn't know you and Sheila were sisters.

I'm redhotmagma incase you didn't know.

I'm so glad you ladies are here.

Great to see you again Bro J ! I tell ya , its beause of you I am here in a round about way ! So praise the Lord and thanks so much Jeremy Very Happy
I said this in introduction , seems I am posting alot here this day ..lol clown

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum