APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

SVOTD

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 SVOTD on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:53 am

cross-eyed

Some of you know what svotd is . . .Karen has been putting a daily scripture verse out for many years on an email loop that they've graciously allowed me to be a part of. I'm not sure where she gets them or what her system is but some days . . .the verses just SCREAM for attention. Today was one of those days for me.

THIS is what I strive for to be the essence of "me".

Romans 8:4 The Message
The law always ended up being used as a Band-Aid on sin instead of a deep healing of it. And now what the law code asked for but we couldn't deliver is accomplished as we, instead of redoubling our own efforts, simply embrace what the Spirit is doing in us.

I LOVE THAT!!!

2 Re: SVOTD on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:53 am

cross-eyed

Oh . .sorry . . .svotd means "Scripture Verse Of The Day".

3 Re: SVOTD on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:52 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
cross-eyed wrote:Some of you know what svotd is . . .Karen has been putting a daily scripture verse out for many years on an email loop that they've graciously allowed me to be a part of. I'm not sure where she gets them or what her system is but some days . . .the verses just SCREAM for attention. Today was one of those days for me.

THIS is what I strive for to be the essence of "me".

Romans 8:4 The Message
The law always ended up being used as a Band-Aid on sin instead of a deep healing of it. And now what the law code asked for but we couldn't deliver is accomplished as we, instead of redoubling our own efforts, simply embrace what the Spirit is doing in us.

I LOVE THAT!!!

Like you Nathan, I also love that.

What the law could not do (bring us into the righteousness of Christ) is fulfilled through His resurrection, not only His own, but His resurrection (His birth) in us.

Jugg

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum