APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daniel 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Daniel 6 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:48 pm

cross-eyed

6 It pleased Darius to set over the kingdom an hundred and twenty princes, which should be over the whole kingdom;

2 And over these three presidents; of whom Daniel was first: that the princes might give accounts unto them, and the king should have no damage.

3 Then this Daniel was preferred above the presidents and princes, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king thought to set him over the whole realm.

4 Then the presidents and princes sought to find occasion against Daniel concerning the kingdom; but they could find none occasion nor fault; forasmuch as he was faithful, neither was there any error or fault found in him.

5 Then said these men, We shall not find any occasion against this Daniel, except we find it against him concerning the law of his God.

Intersting thing with those that had authority over Daniel . . .all of them were really fond of him, and none of these were what you would consider "godly" people. I believe godly men get tripped up by this . . .respectful attraction I guess you could call it. It's how affairs begin while ministering in the church.

The godliness in us attracts. But if it's not recognized as such, it can become a physical detriment more than a spiritual enhancement. The key to never let go of should you be in this situation is humility. Problems arise when pride rises up in us. We begin believing that "we" deserve the attention being given rather than realize the connection there is more spiritual than physical.

In Daniel's case, from Nebuchadnezzar to Darius, and everyone in between that played an authoritive role over Daniel, they all had a fondness for him. Another thing that we may forget when thinking about the Daniel in the Lion's den story is . . .this guy isn't a kid anymore . . he's an old man. Probably looking at his 80's by now even. But a lot of these kings were much younger, yet they immediately saw the wisdom in Daniel and couldn't help but take a liking to him as well.

I would love to come across someone like Daniel in my life. Very seldom do you come across a person with that much depth and wisdom AND a glowing personality. Usually, by the time they're that old, the wisdom morphs into knowledge and their demeanor is more of a critic than an elder. The other side of that is having really friendly old people with no depth whatsoever of spiritual truths. Most of the conversations are around their health and what they can't do anymore. You never hear of that about the elders in Scripture.

At any rate, all of that is 1st dimensional anyway. What I'd like direct your attention to is the relationship between the Daniel and the Darius in you. Daniel being your spirit, Darius being your soul. See in Scripture, there "is" a marriage between the two. There "is" a "oneness" between the soul and spirit. It's what happens when the mind is renewed and knows it's place is to be in submission to the spirit in me.

When that happens, the kingdom within us just . . .flows. Life on the outside hasn't changed, there are still great experiences and terrible experiences but the difference is your reaction to them when the marriage within you is healthy and in proper spiritual alignment.

See, the "soul" may be in alignment, but carnality never is, and it's constantly looking for ways to bring division within you. I believe that's why it speaks to this in Genesis 1 when Adam received his Eve and it states "What God has joined together . . .no man can separate."

This story that's about to unfold is a living example of how that relationship works within us. Outside forces purposefully attempted to be a wedge between Daniel and Darius. But Daniel just continued pursuing the Father and that's all that was required of him. The relationship was impenetrable because of that.

The other piece to this is Darius. He's our soul, our Eve and just like Eve, he "reasoned" with these outside forces, just like Eve did. And as a result, he was forced, by his own decree that he'd made because he listened to those who's only agenda was to seek, kill and destroy the Daniel influence over their Egypt. Sound familiar?

See, our Darius is not where our vision originates. The Darius, the soul in us can be lied to, misled, fooled, tricked, and beguiled. Even when it's married to our spirit. It can "still" be distracted and lured away. If you don't think so, then maybe you should take another look at Genesis in the garden. Peter did it right in the middle of walking on the water. He diverted his attention "from" Jesus "to" the waves around him.

So it's no surprise that Darius got distracted with these connivers. They were catering to his flesh. Telling him how great he is and how everyone should acknowledge his greatness. In the middle of this wonderfully peaceful time for him, his Daniel was in charge of all wisdom while he ruled the earth and everything was going great, plans were being made to cause it all to fall apart all over again.

Our focus should always be on our pursuit after Christ. Not after religious manifestations, who has the most profound revelations, who screws up the least . . .remember, God isn't asking for us to agree with everyone or each other about everything. He's only calling us to become one . . .as "He" is one. It makes a world of difference when carnality calls and we can't hear it because our worshiping the Father is keeping all of our attention . . .carnality can only affect us when we give it our attention.

That's why it uses things like deciet, lying, accusations, it has to get you to give it your attention, it can't over-power you until "after" you've already given it permission, merely by giving it your attention. The moment Darius gave his attention to these lying, deceitful men, Daniel was already doomed.

The serpent approached Eve in the exact same way. He used the law of God against her. Tripped her up by twisting words and assumptions. He couldn't go to Adam anymore than these guys could go to Daniel. They had to go to Darius because again, our spiritual vision does not originate within our Darius. The soul of man has no foresight. It can only see as far as the natural eyes, as they are the windows to the soul. Fool the eyes, you've got the soul. Which again is why we're not called to walk according to the flesh, but to the spirit.

2 Re: Daniel 6 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:50 pm

cross-eyed

6 Then these presidents and princes assembled together to the king, and said thus unto him, King Darius, live for ever.

7 All the presidents of the kingdom, the governors, and the princes, the counsellors, and the captains, have consulted together to establish a royal statute, and to make a firm decree, that whosoever shall ask a petition of any God or man for thirty days, save of thee, O king, he shall be cast into the den of lions.

8 Now, O king, establish the decree, and sign the writing, that it be not changed, according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which altereth not.

9 Wherefore king Darius signed the writing and the decree.

How subtle are the workings of ungodliness? Darius didn't have a clue what they were up to. It seemed to make all the sense in the world to make this decree. I wonder what would have happened had Darius merely asked one question; "why"? Why 30 days? What's the purpose?

But he didn't ask anything. He just agreed to it and made the decree. Again, inwardly, these guys represent our HUMAN logic and reason. But doesn't Scripture say that the principles of the kingdom will confound the wise? The carnality in us will use anything it can to get us to paint ourselves into a corner.

Once we make a promise, once we speak a word, once we make a declaration of what we beleive . . .there's no going back after that. That's the main issue with the churches out there now that are unable to embrace the things God is revealing to us today. They've already made their promises, their decrees their proclamations as to how it's really supposed to be.

The spirit of heaven is like the wind, no MAN knows from where it comes to where it goes . . .so it is with those who are born of the spirit. That's us. Religion won't allow that kind of freedom. It's already set it's decrees and if any of us even think for a moment that we're going to pray to any other God other than "their" image of God, to the lions den with us!!

Interesting that it'd be a den of lions. Christ is the Lion of Judah . . .Daniel must have felt right at home, just like his buddies in the furnace. Man keeps throwing godly men into places where man thinks it's going to kill them, only to have it nourish them instead. Oh the irony.

3 Re: Daniel 6 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:53 am

cross-eyed

10 Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.

11 Then these men assembled, and found Daniel praying and making supplication before his God.

12 Then they came near, and spake before the king concerning the king's decree; Hast thou not signed a decree, that every man that shall ask a petition of any God or man within thirty days, save of thee, O king, shall be cast into the den of lions? The king answered and said, The thing is true, according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which altereth not.

13 Then answered they and said before the king, That Daniel, which is of the children of the captivity of Judah, regardeth not thee, O king, nor the decree that thou hast signed, but maketh his petition three times a day.

14 Then the king, when he heard these words, was sore displeased with himself, and set his heart on Daniel to deliver him: and he laboured till the going down of the sun to deliver him.

Unwavering faith, undeniable hunger. As great of an example that Daniel is, the truth is, that same nature that he displayed is in every one of us. The spirit has a preordained plan mapped out for us on any given day. When the alignment is pure, regardless of the circumstances around us, the key is to allow the spirit remain on it's original path. I remember in previous threads it was shared that life experiences are much like a guy in a boat, floating down the river. We're not trying to manipulate the river's direction or depth, we're just hanging on for the ride, just OBSERVING the scenery around us.

Daniel is our river . . .the adversaries are part of the scenery, the king is oblivious, he's merely a pawn, much like what our soul is to carnality, just a pawn used to get us to turn our attention from our spirit to our "self". As soon as we take spiritual matters into our own hands, we beach the boat and become earth-bound again.

That reminds me, I'd heard that "take up your cross" is actually a sailor's term. It means to pull up anchor. Kind of gives that saying "take up your cross and follow me" a whole new understanding doesn't it?

Another anology to this would be Goliath and his relationship to Israel that fateful day that David showed up. All he could do was taunt and tease. There was no way he could cross that brook that David ended up taking the stones from. This is side tracking a bit, but at the opening of that scene, it was defined by them being around a couple cities and one of the areas that was between the Philistines and Israelites is what I call "M&M" because it sounds like that but I can't pronounce it . . .it literally means "blood-line".

Goliath couldn't cross it, David thrived in it. Fast forward to Daniel . . .we have the same thing. These guys thought they could manipulate a decree and remove godliness through their own means. God didn't have to "show up". He was already there, they just didn't recognize his handiwork.

In verse 14 . . .this is a bit profound to me as well. When this happened with Daniel's three friends with Nebuchadnezzar, ol Neb was blowing up at the three boys for not bowing to his statue. But here, Darius wasn't mad at anyone other than himself. See the difference? The alignment between Darius and Daniel was true and pure. Yeah, Darius messed up, but that's not the only point here.

My mind may be renewed every morning, but again, it can still get distracted with carnal matters even though it's in proper alignment with my spirit and here I beleive is also where Scripture refers to the fact that the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Darius was wanting to get out of the deal, but because of the law, he was BOUND.

Once we enter into the kingdom of heaven, that no longer has a hold on us!! it's also something I see at the core of many people that "we" approach with this kingdom message. They're all receptive and excited about it until they realize it's going to lead them over boundaries they've already established as truth. They would "like" to move forward, but the law in them won't allow it.

4 Re: Daniel 6 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:56 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Boy Nathan, I can't help but comment. I have "never".. seen the book of Daniel like this before, that--is--incredible!!
But my spirit hears it and says, that is Truth, and that is what we are suppose to be seeing as this story unfolds.

Praise you Lord, for using Nathan, to speak to us all.
Thank you Nathan, so, so, very much, for doing this.

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

5 Re: Daniel 6 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:10 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
Scherryl wrote:Boy Nathan, I can't help but comment. I have "never".. seen the book of Daniel like this before, that--is--incredible!!
But my spirit hears it and says, that is Truth, and that is what we are suppose to be seeing as this story unfolds.

Praise you Lord, for using Nathan, to speak to us all.
Thank you Nathan, so, so, very much, for doing this.

Blessings

I ...... like Scherryl ....... cannot add or take away from what she said, it was as if she spoke the same thing as me.

Looking forward and anticipating MORE

Jugg

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

6 Re: Daniel 6 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:35 pm

cross-eyed

I so appreciate your hearts . . .but it is "I" who am blessed by the ability to have been able to join with you on this forum to express these things God is bringing to all of us. By his Grace, he has taken pleasure in revealing his nature to us and I embrace Him to the fullest of my ability. We're all in this together, and I'm lovin every minute of it!!

15 Then these men assembled unto the king, and said unto the king, Know, O king, that the law of the Medes and Persians is, That no decree nor statute which the king establisheth may be changed.

16 Then the king commanded, and they brought Daniel, and cast him into the den of lions. Now the king spake and said unto Daniel, Thy God whom thou servest continually, he will deliver thee

I can't get past how different this story is from all the previous one's with Daniel. This relationship between Daniel and Darius, even though Darius made some bone-head choices, the relationship between the two remained strong.

Think about this . . .it's still the relationship between soul and spirit, but "this" depiction shows how, in spite of the soulishness, if the alignment of the relationship is in order, the bond will remain intact.

I may make some stupid decisions and paint myself into a corner where it contradicts what the direction the spirit is leading me, Grace still prevails. That's such a comfort to know. God doesn't base his relationship with me on "my" abilities. He bases it on "his". How great is that!!!

And even Darius had faith that God would deliver Daniel out of the den of lions . . .a renewed mind becomes enabled to see things beyond what they appear to be and actually as though they are. But it's all about alignment. Is my soul in submission to my spirit at it's core? Or is it just a surface relationship.

17 And a stone was brought, and laid upon the mouth of the den; and the king sealed it with his own signet, and with the signet of his lords; that the purpose might not be changed concerning Daniel

Whenever I see Scripture reference a stone, it's never what it appears to be. I believe this is the same stone that Moses struck (not literally, metaphorically) the same stone Daniel saw in Nebuchadnezzar's dream that smashed into the feet of the statue. The stone is Christ, it's a covering.

It was a stone cave that Elijah went into at the end of his minstry to find only that God was there to put him back on track. The same cave that Moses was in on Mount Sinai to see the hinderparts of God. Pockets of solitude hidden in mountains of rock. To be in a cave is to be enveloped by the presence of Christ himself.

"This" stone was "laid" upon the "mouth" of the den. This den, to men, represented death, but as the rock came to rest upon the den's mouth, death was no longer the den's message. It would now be one of astonished restoration. Talk about reversing the curse!!

The seal of the laws of man were upon the rock . . . same as when Jesus was put in the tomb and it was also sealed. Resurrection poured out of that tomb and restoration poured out of Daniel's. Yeah, whenever a cave shows up in the story, you know something magnificent is about to happen. It's the womb of the Father's heart.

18 The king then went back to his palace. He refused supper. He couldn’t sleep. He spent the night fasting.

19-20 At daybreak the king got up and hurried to the lions’ den. As he approached the den, he called out anxiously, “Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God, whom you serve so loyally, saved you from the lions

I'm guessing Daniel got more rest than the king did that night. These bottomless pits in our heads can keep us awake even though our bodies are dead tired just because the mind never sleeps. Even when we "do" go to sleep, our mind continues with constant activity. In Darius' case, his mind wouldn't stop bringing up images of death and destruction.

Even though he told Daniel that his God would deliver him, his mind still did what minds do and created worry, angst, and strife. True faith allows you to sleep in the boat no matter how big the waves around you are or how strong the wind blows. Easier said than done of course.

There's more to this than a guy getting up in the morning.

19 Then the king arose very early in the morning, and went in haste unto the den of lions. KJV

There is resurrection in both the SONrise and in king Darius. Only after we experience the resurrection of the Son can we "go" anywhere. This resurrection led the king to witness the restoration of Daniel. That's what our minds do everytime they become renewed by the resurrecting power fo the Father. In the resurrection of life, we're lead to the place of restoration where our spirit and soul reunite.

These stories of Scripture are really quite repetitive when seen inwardly. It's always the redemptive story of God restoring his relationship with man through Christ and bringing man back into the place of honor and dominion. It's in us all, all the time. Regardless as to whether we're thrown in a den of lions, or we blindly commit ourselves into the den of lions . . .God's grace and power manifests either way.

20 And when he came to the den, he cried with a lamentable voice unto Daniel: and the king spake and said to Daniel, O Daniel, servant of the living God, is thy God, whom thou servest continually, able to deliver thee from the lions?

21 Then said Daniel unto the king, O king, live for ever.

22 My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions' mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt.

23 Then was the king exceedingly glad for him, and commanded that they should take Daniel up out of the den. So Daniel was taken up out of the den, and no manner of hurt was found upon him, because he believed in his God.

This only puts the "amen" in this redemption story between my soul and my spirit. I keep forgetting . . .it's no wonder the relationship between Daniel and Darius is so strong . . .Darius means "Lord". How cool is that!!

7 Re: Daniel 6 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:04 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
17 And a stone was brought, and laid upon the mouth of the den; and the king sealed it with his own signet, and with the signet of his lords; that the purpose might not be changed concerning Daniel

This just jumped out at me and what I saw was the tomb of Christ and the "signet" was the decree to place the guards at the tomb.

But this is getting ahead to a future revelation, observing that which already is.

Jugg

and then you confirmed it with this:

"This" stone was "laid" upon the "mouth" of the den. This den, to men, represented death, but as the rock came to rest upon the den's mouth, death was no longer the den's message. It would now be one of astonished restoration. Talk about reversing the curse!!

I was getting excited and started posting before I finished reading what you wrote, you see the same thing.

Last edited by jugghead on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : admission of getting ahead of Nathan)

8 Re: Daniel 6 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:24 pm

cross-eyed

It's my hope to create an atmosphere on this forum that sparks revelation in all who read and respond. The fact that you saw this stone in the same manner is exactly the reason I wanted this forum to become what it is. "That's" what's so exciting for me!!

9 Re: Daniel 6 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:40 pm

cross-eyed

24 And the king commanded, and they brought those men which had accused Daniel, and they cast them into the den of lions, them, their children, and their wives; and the lions had the mastery of them, and brake all their bones in pieces or ever they came at the bottom of the den

Here's a thought . . .why didn't the king just do this BEFORE going to such an extreme as to throw Daniel into the den first? He knew the minute they cornered him with the accusations (accuser of the bretheren; aka satan) against Daniel that they had manipulated him to do something against his own will. If he could throw them in afterward, what kept him from throwing them in before?

Of course it never would have carried the same messge if he did it any other way than what he did. But what he did do what the Old Testament's version of "Get thee behind me, satan"

Lions don't eat their own. Daniel is a representative of the Lion of Judah. If anything, he would have been the head of the pride. But throw in carnality, lions will tear that apart every time. Just think about THAT one! We have the Lion of Judah in our blood. We have the power to loosen and to bind . . .loose the Lions within you and let them extinquish the carnality that constantly tries to destroy you and the seed of life planted in you.

25 Then king Darius wrote unto all people, nations, and languages, that dwell in all the earth; Peace be multiplied unto you.

26 I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.

27 He delivereth and rescueth, and he worketh signs and wonders in heaven and in earth, who hath delivered Daniel from the power of the lions.

28 So this Daniel prospered in the reign of Darius, and in the reign of Cyrus the Persian.

This has been an amazing journey. The message within this story boils down to "Peace be multiplied unto you". Sounds just like something Jesus would say. What was the definition of Darius again? Oh yeah . . LORD. Daniel .. . God is my judge, prospered in the reign of the Lord. Why? Because the alignment between Darius and Daniel, between lord and the Spirit . . .remember Christ is King of kings and Lord of lords, yes? He is the Lord of the lord within me.

Father may you continue to rule and reign within the kingdom of Nathan (enter your name here) and my peace be multiplied throughout my legacy. May you continue to deliver my Daniel from the den of lions as the Cornerstone is laid to rest upon my mouth.

10 Re: Daniel 6 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:04 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
I may be way off base here, but I can't help but tie this into Todd's dream.

What is a campground: a place to rest during their travels (this forum)

What will happen when the men of religion get a hold of what is happening here: they will try to destroy it, maybe not all at once, but one by one

What is the car: a means of movement, which in this forum is "Revelation"

The fact that it was a cloud man speaks of: that which causes shadiness, or darkness, that which comes between the sun (Son) and us.

The fact that the cloud man's wings reached from the bottom to the top, I see as the veil of pride that is in the carnality of their own understanding and it leads them to destroy that which they cannot comprehend: that being "Revelation".

There is so much in that dream that also speaks of the reverse understanding .... in that ..... it is the destruction of the doctrines and and traditions we have been taught, and by Christ they are destroyed one by one.

I am still studying that dream, for just like Christ, it has depth that reaches infinity.

Jugg

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum