APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thou shall make no graven image

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Thou shall make no graven image on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:28 am

And God spake all these words, saying, I am Jehovah thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image, nor any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them, for I Jehovah thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, upon the third and upon the fourth generation of them that hate me, and showing lovingkindness unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments. Thou shalt not take the name of Jehovah thy God in vain; for Jehovah will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work; but the seventh day is a sabbath unto Jehovah thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy man-servant, nor thy maid-servant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: for in six days Jehovah made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore Jehovah blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Honor thy father and thy mother, that thy days may be long in the land which Jehovah thy God giveth thee. Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Thou shalt not steal. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his man-servant, nor his maid-servant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is thy neighbor's. And all the people perceived the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the voice of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they trembled, and stood afar off. And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear; but let not God speak with us, lest we die. And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before you, that ye sin not. And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was. (Exo 20:1-21 ASV)

This passage contains so many of God's promises to us that should not be overlooked. In the Day of the Lord, we will have no temptation to hold onto an image we have formed of the Most High. Even though He Himself might have helped us to form that image in our minds. This is the beginning of Wisdom. In that Day, as Jugghead witnessed, we will let Her voice guide us into all knowing as we drift along with Her quietly while she describes to us the shoreline She sees through Her Own eyes.

In that Day, God will reveal Himself in us as if He were drawing His heart and mind out on an etch-a-sketch inside our minds. There will be some traduction still, but nothing on the level we experienced while we afraid and thought we needed to hide in our shadows. In that Day we will be free. God will repair our injuries by the power of His love, in that Day.

Over a period of days, or weeks, or ages--or even in a flash--this picture God is drawing can evolve into a precious work of art intricate in detail and even showing signs of color! Didn't that seem impossible when we were drawing upon it our own selves? The image is beautiful, and that's exactly why He gave it to us to hold! It's especially precious to us as it is a personal gift from Father. But now it's time to let go of it, and in that Day we will eagerly hand Him back our etch-a-sketch so He can shake it up and begin anew. Even though He may begin only with three lines, we will be filled with joy, for He always reveals Himself in a way that we know His new glory will be greater than His former glory. This is why--in that Day--we will refuse to hang onto our idols. That is His promise. These are only the first of His promises to us. With these New Beginnings in Christ come all of the other promises He spoke to Israel from Mount Sinai. If they had wanted to hear His voice at that time then He would have written His Word on their hearts as He has ours. They would have received all of this and everything that follows in this passage. It was His promise. It is His promise to us for this Day.

This is that Day. I don't know if the Lord's Day began two thousand years ago or last Monday but I do know that Day is now and all His promises carry the seal of the Father.

2 Re: Thou shall make no graven image on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:10 pm

Y'Israel

What day could it be to the Lord indeed. Now if the night is as day to our Father, Then truly there is but One day we all live in.

Genesis 2:1-4

2 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,

The heavens the earth and ALL the hosts in them were made.
We also overlook and assume the One phrase that's NOT return in the bible.
The first six days ended with an "evening and a morning". This day is continuous! Everlasting as every man woman and child lives in this sabbath day. If Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath, then we surely are the children of the Sabbath! As He is, we are in this world.

3 Re: Thou shall make no graven image on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:04 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
The first six days ended with an "evening and a morning". This day is continuous! Everlasting as every man woman and child lives in this sabbath day. If Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath, then we surely are the children of the Sabbath! As He is, we are in this world.

Amen Israel, to my understanding, I see this as entering into The Finished Work of God through His Christ.
I'm not so sure about timing, as we know that 1 day is as a 1,000 yrs. ....that would no doubt put us in that day, time wise. But I'm seeing it more on an individual basis as the Seed within each of us breaks forth from the ground of our earth. And then through the "process" find that "Rest" of This Day. Again I see it as we each have to experience each Day of Gen. 1.

What do you think?

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

4 Re: Thou shall make no graven image on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:09 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
Y'Israel wrote:s As He is, we are in this world.

Amen! Participants in the Spirit, not participants in the flesh (sin)

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

5 Re: Thou shall make no graven image on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:58 am

Y'Israel

Scherryl wrote:

Amen Israel, to my understanding, I see this as entering into The Finished Work of God through His Christ.
I'm not so sure about timing, as we know that 1 day is as a 1,000 yrs. ....that would no doubt put us in that day, time wise. But I'm seeing it more on an individual basis as the Seed within each of us breaks forth from the ground of our earth. And then through the "process" find that "Rest" of This Day. Again I see it as we each have to experience each Day of Gen. 1.

What do you think?

Blessings

The sabbath in Genesis is a high sabbath. It is everlasting. The 1000 years is actually the counting of sabbath years until jubilee.

Yes we were all finished in Christ.

6 Re: Thou shall make no graven image on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:22 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Well, ...Now that's interesting, I didn't know that, I've never seen that pattern before.

I've seen where, as you had pointed out a while back about the Reign of Christ, and the 1,000 yrs. being symbolic for the life span of the first Adam, Reigning over him, as we Rest in Christ.

I've also seen the Pattern that Nathan pointed out as far as the Holy of Holies in the Tabernacle of Moses is 10x10x10, but this is new to me, I've never seen this.

I'll have to go back and look at it again.
Have any suggestions on how I would go about that, I get lost in Law and side tracked when I start reading it, seeing Christ everywhere. Smile

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

7 Re: Thou shall make no graven image on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:32 pm

Y'Israel

Scherryl wrote:Well, ...Now that's interesting, I didn't know that, I've never seen that pattern before.

I've seen where, as you had pointed out a while back about the Reign of Christ, and the 1,000 yrs. being symbolic for the life span of the first Adam, Reigning over him, as we Rest in Christ.

I've also seen the Pattern that Nathan pointed out as far as the Holy of Holies in the Tabernacle of Moses is 10x10x10, but this is new to me, I've never seen this.

I'll have to go back and look at it again.
Have any suggestions on how I would go about that, I get lost in Law and side tracked when I start reading it, seeing Christ everywhere. Smile

Blessings

I'm lost in the time as well, but the sabbath in genesis 2 has no "and the evening and the morning were the seventh day". I see everyone from Adam on to now born (to the flesh) on this day. In this we then have sabbaths according to the commandment.

Leviticus 25:1-8

25 And the Lord spake unto Moses in mount Sinai, saying,

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye come into the land which I give you, then shall the land keep a sabbath unto the Lord.

3 Six years thou shalt sow thy field, and six years thou shalt prune thy vineyard, and gather in the fruit thereof;

4 But in the seventh year shall be a sabbath of rest unto the land, a sabbath for the Lord: thou shalt neither sow thy field, nor prune thy vineyard.

5 That which groweth of its own accord of thy harvest thou shalt not reap, neither gather the grapes of thy vine undressed: for it is a year of rest unto the land.

6 And the sabbath of the land shall be meat for you; for thee, and for thy servant, and for thy maid, and for thy hired servant, and for thy stranger that sojourneth with thee.

7 And for thy cattle, and for the beast that are in thy land, shall all the increase thereof be meat.

8 And thou shalt number seven sabbaths of years unto thee, seven times seven years; and the space of the seven sabbaths of years shall be unto thee forty and nine years.

I am not given the meaning fully to this yet, but we see it's "literal" start with pentecost. But that was only a shadow.

Leviticus 26

26 Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the Lord your God.

2 Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the Lord.

3 If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them;

4 Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.

5 And your threshing shall reach unto the vintage, and the vintage shall reach unto the sowing time: and ye shall eat your bread to the full, and dwell in your land safely.

6 And I will give peace in the land, and ye shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid: and I will rid evil beasts out of the land, neither shall the sword go through your land.

7 And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword.

8 And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword.

9 For I will have respect unto you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you.

10 And ye shall eat old store, and bring forth the old because of the new.

11 And I set my tabernacle among you: and my soul shall not abhor you.

12 And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.

13 I am the Lord your God, which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, that ye should not be their bondmen; and I have broken the bands of your yoke, and made you go upright.

14 But if ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments;

15 And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant:

16 I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.

17 And I will set my face against you, and ye shall be slain before your enemies: they that hate you shall reign over you; and ye shall flee when none pursueth you.

18 And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.

19 And I will break the pride of your power; and I will make your heaven as iron, and your earth as brass:

20 And your strength shall be spent in vain: for your land shall not yield her increase, neither shall the trees of the land yield their fruits.

21 And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins.

22 I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate.

23 And if ye will not be reformed by me by these things, but will walk contrary unto me;

24 Then will I also walk contrary unto you, and will punish you yet seven times for your sins.

25 And I will bring a sword upon you, that shall avenge the quarrel of my covenant: and when ye are gathered together within your cities, I will send the pestilence among you; and ye shall be delivered into the hand of the enemy.

26 And when I have broken the staff of your bread, ten women shall bake your bread in one oven, and they shall deliver you your bread again by weight: and ye shall eat, and not be satisfied.

27 And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me;

28 Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.

29 And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.

30 And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.

31 And I will make your cities waste, and bring your sanctuaries unto desolation, and I will not smell the savour of your sweet odours.

32 And I will bring the land into desolation: and your enemies which dwell therein shall be astonished at it.

33 And I will scatter you (us now) among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste.

34 Then shall the land enjoy her sabbaths, as long as it lieth desolate, and ye be in your enemies' land; even then shall the land rest, and enjoy her sabbaths.

35 As long as it lieth desolate it shall rest; because it did not rest in your sabbaths, when ye dwelt upon it.

36 And upon them that are left alive of you I will send a faintness into their hearts in the lands of their enemies; and the sound of a shaken leaf (the "economy crashing) shall chase them; and they shall flee, as fleeing from a sword; and they shall fall when none pursueth (because it's just our own "imaginations").

37 And they shall fall one upon another, as it were before a sword, when none pursueth: and ye shall have no power to stand before your enemies.

38 And ye shall perish among the heathen, and the land of your enemies shall eat you up.

39 And they that are left of you shall pine away in their iniquity in your enemies' lands; and also in the iniquities of their fathers shall they pine away with them.

40 If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me;

41 And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:

42 Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.

43 The land also shall be left of them, and shall enjoy her sabbaths, while she lieth desolate without them: and they shall accept of the punishment of their iniquity: because, even because they despised my judgments, and because their soul abhorred my statutes.

44 And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them: for I am the Lord their God.

45 But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am the Lord.

46 These are the statutes and judgments and laws, which the Lord made between him and the children of Israel in mount Sinai by the hand of Moses.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum