APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chapter Nineteen - Universal Reconciliation

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Chapter Nineteen - Universal Reconciliation on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:19 pm

cross-eyed

Chapter Nineteen

UNIVERSAL RECONCILIATION

In the process of seeing all of my philosophies and doctrines come crashing down around me, and as I became aware of what hell really is, and what the lake of fire is, and salvation has more to do with the power over my “self” than it does to avoid ending up in eternal damnation, this has caused me to also realize that my belief of the theory that only a remnant of people are actually going to make it to heaven has also taken a fatal blow.

I had no idea my doctrine was a combination of doctrines all snarled up into one lump. It’s no wonder people reject these types of messages. Any one portion will completely disturb everything else within ones doctrinal order. It’s like being “with-child” I guess. There’s no such thing as someone being “a little” pregnant. Either you are, or you’re not.

I think that’s why you can’t mix spiritual truths with natural reasoning. It complicates the simple things of God so much so that people actually “need” more educated people to explain the complexity of being a Christian, never mind the apocalyptic stuff.

But somewhere in all of the transforming that I was experiencing, I realized that no one was being left out from the work of the cross. That what Jesus did, literally affected mankind. The whole human race was, is, and will continue to be affected by that one, sacrificial act on the cross. It started for me when I realized the lake of fire was actually God himself. The all consuming fire. I saw that it’s actually connected with the laver in the tabernacle of Moses. Does that sound as a shock to you?

The thing about the book of Revelation is, it’s actually illustrated “through” the articles in the tabernacle. When John was caught up in the spirit and he was facing the wrong way, he was “in” the temple of God with the mind-blowing illumination of Jesus “in” the candlestick. Not to get too far off track, but I find the patterns of God most interesting. The candlestick represents a tree. The cups were to be carved out as almonds. The main trunk was the seventh limb. And “in” this tree was Jesus.

What does that mean? Be careful how you explain it, because whatever explanation you give, it must also overlay with the serpent in the garden. What you see in the center of the branches, is what governs the tree overall. The tree of knowledge was governed by carnality. The tree of life was governed by the Spirit. The tree in the temple is a picture of the church, and it’s governed by Jesus. How is it a picture of the church? What are the seven flames? Actually King James calls them stars.

Revelation 1:20. Everything in the whole book is in symbols. Jesus didn’t show John the seven churches literally, nor did He reveal to him the faces of the seven messengers over those seven churches. He had shown him seven candlesticks and seven stars in His “right” hand. The right hand means “authority”. When I read that, I have always envisioned my image of the church. But this isn’t a church as “we” know church to be. This church is the one that Jesus built. The one where everything is opposite from what we expect it to be.

In this one, the highest ranking people are at the back of the line. In this one, the one’s who speak the least are heard the most. In this one, it’s not about what God did for men, or what men are doing for God, but it’s about Jesus. This is His house. He left a blueprint of His house with Moses and the tabernacle. The tabernacle is a type and shadow of Jesus. The book of Revelation is an unveiling of Jesus.

So it shouldn’t be any surprise to see the symbols of the tabernacle strewn all through the book of Revelation. In fact, if you want to understand what Revelation is really all about, the place to start is with the tabernacle of Moses. Remember I stated the importance of walking in resurrection? The tabernacle was always to have its one and only entrance facing the east.

The tribes of Israel were to be stationed all around the entire complex. Each tribe had their appointed stations. And interestingly enough, the tribe of Judah was appointed to be at the east end of the tabernacle. Why Judah? The easy answer would be because that’s the tribe Jesus is from. He’s the “lion” of Judah. But for me, an even more profound truth to this puzzle is the definition of the word “Judah”. It literally means “praise”. In other words, in order for us to enter into the house of the Lord, we can’t enter in without first passing through praise. I love patterns.

And when I read that John was caught up in the spirit and as his awareness was returning to him, he began seeing the inner workings of the tabernacle, first hand. The intriguing part about this is, when he sees Jesus in the candlesticks, and Jesus explains the candlesticks represent the church, that would then mean the church is not in the holy of holies. It’s not in the third dimension of God.

I used to think that was a tragedy until I realized, “that’s” where Jesus established it. He didn’t establish the church “in” the third dimension. He established it in the second dimension. What’s that mean? In the tabernacle, there are three dimensions, the outer court, the inner court and the holy of holies. Each dimension symbolizes a level of relationship with the Father, who is all three dimensions combined.

In the outer court, there are only two articles. One is the altar of sacrifice, the other is the laver where the priests would wash their hands. The altar of sacrifice is the first step of the process of relationship between God and man. It’s the initial salvation where our sin is dealt with on the altar. The next step then is the laver, where the priests would wash and cleanse themselves from the blood and nasty stuff that they acquired in the process of butchering the animals for sin offerings.

That’s a huge key, the laver is used as a “cleansing station”. That’s why it’s a “lake” of fire. It sounds like a bit of an oxymoron if you try to take it literally. But that’s where I first realized that it’s not a place of doom and annihilation, but instead, it’s to purge and purify and also note that hell is not a permanent place either. It gets thrown into the lake of fire in the end. How can you take hell and throw hell into a lake of anything? It’s symbolism. God takes the tribulation in us and He purifies it and instead of being destroyed by it, we’re strengthened.

It was at that point I realized that Jesus not only died for, but He redeemed people like Hitler and Sadaam Hussain. Are they in heaven now? To think that they’d be anywhere else would be to say that the finished work of the cross was left unfinished. Jesus died for ALL men. I was elated about this. It released me from not being able to single-handedly lead the world to Jesus. All my friends who don’t go to church, my relatives who died without saying the sacred words “Jesus come into my heart”. All of it.

Then, after I realized that was the case, through understanding the purpose of the laver and its connection with the lake of fire, I also found there’s actually a name for this. It’s called Universal Reconciliation. There are some variations to the title of it but the message is the same. It’s realizing the fact that Jesus didn’t do what He did for just a select few. But that what He did on the cross was so powerful that it affected the entire world.

The response from the traditional church system is strong and condemning because it’s such a drastic contrast from what we’ve been taught to believe. So it’s totally understandable to react so negatively to the principle. I would have done the same as well if that’s where someone chose to start their conversation with me, but it didn’t happen that way. My understanding came progressively.

I didn’t know at the time, that God was systematically tearing down every foundation in my religious doctrine that held me in bondage. I was just experiencing that “new every morning” relationship in the Lord and seeing truth a little at a time. I could have stopped it at any given moment. All I had to do was reject any part of it and it would have stopped the process that I was unknowingly experiencing. We have that authority. Why would anyone want to stop it? Fear, mostly.

It’s understandable how much of a shock these things I’ve written can be to anyone’s system. And there will be those who just can’t walk away from everything they’ve ever known about God all these years. And that’s fine. If God doesn’t reach out and transform you through this book, he’ll still love and work through you at your pace, on your level. That’s the beauty of the Peter Experience, not only does it mean that being religiously educated isn’t a requirement, but it also means, that “because” it comes through personal revelation, there’s no condemnation at all.

I used to believe and even tell people, “Just because you don’t believe there’s a hell, doesn’t mean you’re still not going there.” But now, my message is, “Just because you don’t believe God didn’t send Jesus to save the whole world, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.” And for those who would really need more than just my comments about such a controversial subject, there are a number of scriptures you can observe and see if they don’t speak of the same thing.

Gen 18:18.......ALL families of the earth will be blessed
Ps 86:9...........ALL nations will worship God & ALL men blessed
Ps 65:2-4........ALL flesh will come to God
Ezk 16:55........Sodom will be restored
Is 2:2...............ALL nations will flow to the Lord's house
Lam 3:31-32….God will not cast off forever
Is 25:7..............He will destroy the veil that's cast over ALL
Is 25:8..............He will wipe away tears from ALL faces
Eph 1:11..........God works ALL things after counsel of His will (will = thelema, not echomai, which means wish)

There is an emerging pattern in all of this in the fact that the Holy Spirit chose to inspire the authors to write exactly what they wrote because that’s just what it means. We even sing hymns about how every knee will bow, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. But how many people really think about what that is implying? I asked someone who is of the traditional thinking body, what they thought that particular passage meant. And their view was that everyone would bow, but those that rejected Christ would be “forced” to acknowledge Jesus is Lord. Really?

Is that how the whole church views that passage to be? These other passages coming up really rely on reading scripture as it’s written, without the assumptions and embedded idealisms that go along with the traditional mindsets. Which I did find really interesting. Because as I said, I came into this understanding through the revelation of the patterns in scripture.

But many others have come to realize Jesus saved the whole world, before and after His life, through reading scripture literally. So I’d have to then say that regardless of what dimension you are reading scripture in, God will reveal truth to you if you’re willing to be receptive to His truths. This is not a hidden cult where only special knowledge of men can reveal the secrets of the Father. This is simply illuminating the fact that through intimacy with the Son, the Father will reveal the mysteries of Christ to the hearts of men.

Jn 8:29.............Jesus ALWAYS does which pleases His Father
I Tim 2:4..........God will have ALL to be saved
I Jn 4:14...........Jesus sent to be the Savior of the world (not 'to' the world, or potentially of....but of)
Jn 12:32.........Jesus will draw ALL to Himself (Greek word is literally 'drag' all)

I just wanted to touch on this last one. This is a huge revelation for me to see that the translators chose to use the word “draw”, when the actual definition of that word really means “drag”. In my mind’s eye I saw, the image of Jesus grabbing us by the hair and yanking us like an enraged husband abusing his wife, and forcing us to go against our will as we’re kicking and screaming all the way.

But again, that’s the image “my mind” puts forth. The reason it does, is because my “self” puts out this feeling of offense and control, which is where my negative reaction comes from. Pride produces an inflated image of my “self” out of which my personality conducts itself. The truth is, Jesus loves us that much, that he’ll never give up on us. The cross that He drug through the streets was a picture of every one of us being drug to the place of our killing. Do you realize that’s what the definition for “Patmos” is? It was on the place of my killing, that John received the revelation of Jesus Christ.

The “lifting up” of Jesus is not about men proclaiming the name of Jesus, it’s about Him being suspended above the earth on the cross. Through that wonderful and devastating act, He drug all men, all flesh unto himself for the purging and purification of the carnality in every one of us for the purpose of us all becoming one with the Father as the Father is one with the Son.

Eph 1:10........ALL come into Him at the fullness of times
Rm 11:26.......ALL Israel will be saved
Act 3:20-21....Restitution (Reconstitution, Reconciliation) of ALL
Lk 2:10...........Jesus will be the joy to ALL people
Eph 2:7...........His grace to be shown in the ages to come
Heb 8:11-12...ALL will know God
Lk 3:6.............ALL flesh shall see the salvation of God
Titus 2:11.......Grace has appeared to ALL
Rm 8:19-21....Creation freed from corruption...(everything is created except the Father, His Spirit, and the Son).
Col 1:20..........ALL reconciled unto God
II Cor 5:17.......ALL becomes a new creation in Christ
Rm 11:32.........ALL subjected to unbelief, mercy on ALL
Rev 5:13...........ALL creation seen praising God
I Cor 15:28.......God will be ALL in ALL
Rev 21:4-5........No more tears, ALL things made new

There’s a saying I’ve heard and now use with this last one. Scripture doesn’t say He’ll make all new things, it says He’ll make all things new. There is truly a huge difference of understanding that accompanies that. We’re looking forward to the day when this old world will be destroyed and God will make us a new one to live on. But I believe it’s not the physical earth that’s being destroyed, I believe it’s the carnal earth in us that’s being destroyed. And when we let go of our “selves” we’ll see how all things will become new. Same scripture verses, completely new understanding.

Jn 6:39............. 39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of ALL which He hath given me I should lose NOTHING, but should raise it up again at the last day.

This is directly related with Jesus raising up the temple on the third day. Remember how the patterns of scripture work. The floor plan of man was laid out in the seven days of creation. The first six days, man was identified through eyes of labor and natural reasoning. The seventh day is all Christ as the Sabbath, the Resurrection and the Jubilee. Jesus came on the 4th day, and the last days began, the last three days of the week, and on the last day, the generation living in that day will see with spiritual vision rather than living in natural means.

Jn 6:12.............Gather up the fragments...that nothing be lost
I Cor 3:15.........ALL saved, yet so as by fire
I Jn 2:2..............Jesus is the propitiation for the sins of the whole world
Rm 11:15..........Reconciliation of the world
Jn 3:35..............ALL has been given into His hand
Jn 17:2..............Jesus will give eternal life to ALL that His Father gives Him
Jn 6:44-45.........ALL to be taught of God and will come
I Tim 4:9-11......Jesus is the Savior of ALL
Gal 3 ................All nations shall be blessed
James 5:11..........the end of the Lord is full of mercy
Zechariah 4:7 Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.

The more this settles in me, the less sense the traditional thinking on this becomes. These verses have been a part of scripture since it was originally written. Men have focused on the wrong message that scripture brings forth, but now, the Sabbath Day light is illuminating the old Word with a new understanding. Instead of filling my doctrine with doom, gloom and control with religion, it’s all washed away and replaced with grace, mercy and freedom of the Spirit.

I love these verses. You could meditate all day long on any “one” of them. But when you stack them all together, it’s just amazing that we’ve never come into this sooner. They seem to stick out like a sore thumb now. 1 Corinthians 3:15 was a passage that I often wondered about. I reasoned that it was dealing with religious people who did come to Christ, but their theology was wrong. So because of that, they’ll make it into heaven, but just barely…and it’s the “just barely” part that we’d always emphasize.

1 Corinthians 3
12Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
16Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

But now I see this verse isn’t “just” about religious people, but it’s about every person that has any kind of opinion about whether God exists or not. They build their belief out of all natural elements, and what happens is, they are exposed to the fire of God and everything carnal is consumed, their hell is thrown in the lake of fire for the purpose of purifying their nature. The reason why it used to be confusing was because it conflicted with my doctrine that only an elite few were actually going to heaven. When I let that go, then this slid into a place of understanding.

If you give this some serious thought, eventually, you’ll come to see that even people who don’t believe in God, do still have beliefs. There is a creation around us that declares God’s glory whether we acknowledge that or not has no affect on the fact that it continues to do so. If we live by our own reasoning, we build our belief systems based on that natural reasoning. And when the Day declares truth in us, the foundations we’ve embraced that are of our own accord, can not withstand the purity of His truth being declared and things begin falling apart.

This is a terrible feeling at first. No one likes that feeling of instability, especially when it comes to the things of God. But if you truly believe that you really “don’t” know everything there is to know, then one must also believe that the things we think we do know, can very well be either incomplete, or inaccurate as well. The reason that this is important is because once we accept this to be a possibility, then God begins to work on the specifics of what that all entails.

For example, if I accept the fact that I don’t know everything, then I must also accept the fact that my theology of hell may not be as accurate as I first thought. And rather then brush it aside with the attitude that it’s just too mind boggling to even try to think about all of it, maybe it would be much more beneficial if we took the time to let God show us the reasons why we may not be as right as we think.

We have not because we ask not. We ask not because we think we already have enough. Ask God what is true and what is religion. Ask for Him to reveal the true nature of Jesus to you, but as you do, be willing to let go of what brought you here. The church rejects far too quickly anything new or different.

Interesting thing about the passage in Revelation where Jesus is knocking on the door of our heart, my question is, why is the door closed in the first place? I no longer want my door opened to the Father, I want it removed. I want the access of my heart to be so freely open to the Father’s voice on every level, I don’t ever want a closed door in any area of my life with Him.

So if I read passages like the one about everyone being saved through the consuming and purifying fire of God, rather than categorizing it as a message separating true Christians from religious Christians, I choose to believe that God is saving the whole world and every belief is the hay and wood Paul is referring to. In the end, it’s all going to be consumed, and when Truth is revealed to man by the Father, the result will be, EVERY knee will bow and EVERY tongue confess that Jesus is truly Lord.

I can embrace the unbelievable now, because I can see it now. Whereas before, I embraced the traditional way of thinking which was actually what blinded me from accepting anything at all in the first place. The presence of God in my personal relationship is the fire that has burned away the chaff and straw of beliefs that I tried to align in a foundational matter to support my belief system. But I’m elated to tell you, my doctrinal landscape has been cleansed by the fire.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum