APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daniel 5

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Daniel 5 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:27 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
I knew there was another scripture that I was wanting to find and this is it.

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Jer 29:12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
Jer 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

27 Re: Daniel 5 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:20 pm

jugghead wrote:I am going to be bold David and ask a question, Do you actually believe it was a mistake to seek after God with your whole heart?

Really just empathizing with how unattractive this must appear from the outside. I'm actually content in this predicament.

28 Re: Daniel 5 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:58 pm

David, I've gotta say that last statement sounds kind of...jerky. I'm probably reading it wrong, but thats how it sounds.

I took you saying you shouldn't want to follow the Lord with all your heart, unless you want to end up like you to be like in the matrix when Neo is offered the 2 pills. I get that, right now I'm feeling like I'd wished I'd taken the other pill and gone back to normal life. Life is a lot "easier" and more "normal" if you haven't "sold everything you own and come and followed Him".

Is that what you're saying there?

29 Re: Daniel 5 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:12 pm

Jeremy1 wrote:David, I've gotta say that last statement sounds kind of...jerky. I'm probably reading it wrong, but thats how it sounds.

I took you saying you shouldn't want to follow the Lord with all your heart, unless you want to end up like you to be like in the matrix when Neo is offered the 2 pills. I get that, right now I'm feeling like I'd wished I'd taken the other pill and gone back to normal life. Life is a lot "easier" and more "normal" if you haven't "sold everything you own and come and followed Him".

Is that what you're saying there?

I think so, Jeremy. That sounds about right. I just don't remember the scene from the Matrix or even if I saw the first episode and I don't remember ever being offered a clear choice like that. If it ever was my choice then the options only recently have become clear and I just don't believe it's worth considering anyway.

30 Re: Daniel 5 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:31 pm

No I've never been given a clear choice either. some times I just would like to be a normal guy, who likes to watch football, and hang out, talk about menial things, work hard so I can save money and retire and live the "good life".

But no, God said " I have something planned for you".

31 Re: Daniel 5 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:52 pm

Jeremy1 wrote:No I've never been given a clear choice either. some times I just would like to be a normal guy, who likes to watch football, and hang out, talk about menial things, work hard so I can save money and retire and live the "good life".

But no, God said " I have something planned for you".

Apparently something like that. I'm finally glad about it now. Last week was a game changer. It hadn't been fun for close to 30 years up until last Monday.

32 Re: Daniel 5 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:39 am

cross-eyed

What happened to "my yoke is EASY" and "My burden is light"?

33 Re: Daniel 5 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:44 am

It is, its more like I long for the leeks of Egypt sometimes.

34 Re: Daniel 5 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:00 pm

cross-eyed

I'm confused with some of what's being said here. Are we saying that where God has us today (individually) is worse than where we were? We hope that others don't make the same kind of committment that we have because it's with a great price? I'm at a bit of a loss.

35 Re: Daniel 5 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:58 pm

No No. Worse according to the worlds standards maybe. Yes a great price is paid. Otherwise Jesus wouldn't have told the ruler to sell all he had to follow him. Or give up (hate)mother brother and sister.

I'm so enamored with God and His riches I can hardly function in the normal world anymore.

I don't see it as a commitment whatsoever (at this point). I have no choice. I was changed when he revealed Himself to me. I may have chosen to step over that line, and I did, I can't take my life back again even if I want to (which I don't really, just a little whining here and there on depressed winter days).

36 Re: Daniel 5 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:38 pm

cross-eyed

For me, when I "counted the cost" it meant laying down ALL of my prebuilt doctrines, which I didn't realize as much at the time, but that included the circle of friends I hung out with . . .and family members. We haven't cut off ties with family, we just reserved ourselves to avoid certain subjects . . .God being one of them . . .

Giving up everything "for" the church at one point. Then giving up the church all together at another. But the one thing that has remained constant throughout every phase was a phrase I found myself repeating over and over again and that's simply this . .

There is no place I would rather be, than where the Father has me right now.

And thats still true for me today. I believe if the time comes that where I am, or what I'm doing becomes a burden more than a blessing, it's time to make some changes. The Word of Life should produce just that . . .life. And more abundantly.

I've had people tell me God told them to do this or that and when they did, their life became burdensome in so many ways. It just sends a warning flag up for me because I feel if God called me into soemthing, it's because he's already equipped me to fulfill the calling. If it's a struggle, then I would question where exactly did the voice come from.

To be able to differentiate between God spreaking and my own conscience speaking is in the outcome. If life and light are not manifesting from the word spoken, then there's a strong chance that it was flesh doing the talking and not spirit. The "tell" is in the results. Is it creating suffering? Or exhileration?

At least that's how I'm seeing this in my life today.

37 Re: Daniel 5 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:42 pm

Jeremy1 wrote:No No. Worse according to the worlds standards maybe. Yes a great price is paid. Otherwise Jesus wouldn't have told the ruler to sell all he had to follow him. Or give up (hate)mother brother and sister.

I'm so enamored with God and His riches I can hardly function in the normal world anymore.

I don't see it as a commitment whatsoever (at this point). I have no choice. I was changed when he revealed Himself to me. I may have chosen to step over that line, and I did, I can't take my life back again even if I want to (which I don't really, just a little whining here and there on depressed winter days).

It's almost the opposite of "commitment" and definitely the opposite of ambition. I guess if I'm committing to anything it's to not be committed to something and too busy to answer Him when He calls (which seems like constantly) .

I like how you explain this a lot better, Jeremy!

38 Re: Daniel 5 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:21 pm

So is every moment of your life is exhilarating Nathan?

39 Re: Daniel 5 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:18 pm

cross-eyed

Ha! Well, I have more exhilerating ones than suffering ones . . .so I think I'm good to go. Very Happy

40 Re: Daniel 5 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:53 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
cross-eyed wrote:What happened to "my yoke is EASY" and "My burden is light"?

I love this scripture, and what a picture it is:

To be Yoked with Christ, is to walk "in tune with Him".
Yoke literally means to be "joined or coupled with Him, like in a pair of balances. Or picture the oxen as they are Yoked together.

His burden is light, The first thing that comes to mind is when walking with Him in "Yoke fashion" our path becomes "illuminated".

His burden, means to carry, as in freight or Cargo, in a task or service.

This should always bring "Rest" for our Souls.

But I have found that when we take off His Yoke and try to carry what ever may be, without Him beside us, this is when it becomes Heavy and grievous to us. We have gotten out of step with Him.

Just my two cents worth
Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

41 Re: Daniel 5 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:41 pm

Scherryl wrote:
cross-eyed wrote:What happened to "my yoke is EASY" and "My burden is light"?

I love this scripture, and what a picture it is:

To be Yoked with Christ, is to walk "in tune with Him".
Yoke literally means to be "joined or coupled with Him, like in a pair of balances. Or picture the oxen as they are Yoked together.

His burden is light, The first thing that comes to mind is when walking with Him in "Yoke fashion" our path becomes "illuminated".

His burden, means to carry, as in freight or Cargo, in a task or service.

This should always bring "Rest" for our Souls.

But I have found that when we take off His Yoke and try to carry what ever may be, without Him beside us, this is when it becomes Heavy and grievous to us. We have gotten out of step with Him.

Just my two cents worth
Blessings

This was precisely what I picked up on too, Scherryl. There is a tradition among men that when we cast our own burdens wherever (He's everywhere) we will be given an easy burden in return. The burden He gives us is Light. It doesn't look so easy from the outside looking in, but not only is it easy the mass is pretty much nonexistent. It's the yoke that is easy. What a pleasant relief not to be driving anymore.

42 Re: Daniel 5 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:55 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Yes David,

Because it is "His" Yoke, and "His" burden, that's easy and light.
It's when we carry "our own" that it becomes unbearable.

I've never seen oxen at work, (except on TV) but I have heard that when they are not equally Yoked, then one is pulling more than the other and can cause all kinds of problems.

You can't plant, plow, or pull with a team of oxen that is unequally yoked together. It's just like the one who puts his hand to the plow and looks away, the rows become "crooked" and the path is no longer "Straight".

Jesus is The Master at teaching us, isn't He? Smile

Blessings

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum