APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Poetry

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Poetry on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:39 pm

Most of you know some of the battles that have been raging here, and some of you are aware of glorious events yesterday. It's my understanding that the battle with the red dragon is over. It's not that carnality is dead, but that it no longer abides in any kind of a stronghold. In other words, it has lost its kingdom. I think yesterday was the second-most-important day I have witnessed, and I'm still waiting for the first-most-important day, but yesterday may have been it. It doesn't matter. My mind can't even begin to comprehend such things but God can!

Last night Hollis and I returned home from an eventful outing and it eventually came time to give the hounds their treat. Since getting Walker his own little female walker hound pup, the wife-to-be I promised him back in October, he has been a changed dog. Hollis thinks he's aged ten years just since last month when we brought Bonnie home.

Well, I broke the treat like I always do, so to give Bonnie the little piece off the end while Walker gets to enjoy a piece almost every bit a big as it always was before. I held the two pieces up like I always do and told Walker to lie down. He did, the whole time looking at the big piece in my right hand as he always does. I say "OK" and he flies up off his belly to his tip-toes in one fluid motion as he always does, but now he's looking at and aiming for the tiny piece in my left hand! He bounced up and grabbed it then settled back so Bonnie could have her turn. Hollis witnessed this and she gasped. "IT'S A MIRACLE!!!" I think she was delighted. I know I was. For me it was the perfect nightcap for a perfect day. Isn't God's poetry beautiful? And to see it all choreographed and danced out by His little angels like that. Very Happy

2 Re: Poetry on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:47 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
DavidHarreld wrote:Most of you know some of the battles that have been raging here, and some of you are aware of glorious events yesterday. It's my understanding that the battle with the red dragon is over. It's not that carnality is dead, but that it no longer abides in any kind of a stronghold. In other words, it has lost its kingdom. I think yesterday was the second-most-important day I have witnessed, and I'm still waiting for the first-most-important day, but yesterday may have been it. It doesn't matter. My mind can't even begin to comprehend such things but God can!

Last night Hollis and I returned home from an eventful outing and it eventually came time to give the hounds their treat. Since getting Walker his own little female walker hound pup, the wife-to-be I promised him back in October, he has been a changed dog. Hollis thinks he's aged ten years just since last month when we brought Bonnie home.

Well, I broke the treat like I always do, so to give Bonnie the little piece off the end while Walker gets to enjoy a piece almost every bit a big as it always was before. I held the two pieces up like I always do and told Walker to lie down. He did, the whole time looking at the big piece in my right hand as he always does. I say "OK" and he flies up off his belly to his tip-toes in one fluid motion as he always does, but now he's looking at and aiming for the tiny piece in my left hand! He bounced up and grabbed it then settled back so Bonnie could have her turn. Hollis witnessed this and she gasped. "IT'S A MIRACLE!!!" I think she was delighted. I know I was. For me it was the perfect nightcap for a perfect day. Isn't God's poetry beautiful? And to see it all choreographed and danced out by His little angels like that. Very Happy

That is so cool, it reminds me of the story Scherryl told about one of her cats.

The best is yet to come

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

3 Re: Poetry on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:14 pm

jugghead wrote:The best is yet to come

Yes! And poetry seems to happen when Love delivers a message that just couldn't be conveyed by words.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum