APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chapter Eighteen - A Revelation of the Book of Revelation

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cross-eyed

Chapter Eighteen

A REVELATION OF THE BOOK OF REVELATION

I’ve waited until now to address the church’s position on the book of revelation because to go into it without laying a proper foundation would only make matters worse than what the church has done already. I pray that laying the foundation has been accomplished at this point so that by now, we’ve come to personally experience the passage of scripture that Jesus declares, “you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free”.

The Jews were confused by this statement because they felt they were already free. But like everything else Jesus told his listeners, He was not speaking about a “natural” freedom. He was speaking about a spiritual one. And so am I. I believe the minute we accept the idea that we’re going to lay down our preconceived notions of what truth is, that it is at precisely that point, that freedom begins to manifest in our understanding. I believe the church has again used the book of Revelation, not to loosen, but to bind. There is no freedom whatsoever in the church’s platform when it comes to this book of intimacy.

This is the revelation of Jesus Christ. It is the unveiling of the nature of Jesus. It is seeing the inner purpose of the true nature of the Father toward man. The way the church presents it, the revelation of Jesus Christ is one of destruction of the earth and all who have not accepted the love of God. How can we truly say we know what love is, if everything is always tethered to death and destruction? What kind of God would send his son as a gesture of unconditional love, only to turn around and put 90 percent of his created beings into eternal damnation?

The church believes that only a remnant people will experience heaven. When actually, it’s only a remnant of people that will enter into the KINGDOM of heaven NOW while on this earth. We’ve discussed this on several occasions in this book. This is what I’m referring to when I say that not everyone will grasp the spiritual concepts. It’s not that it’s not God’s will that we don’t, but it’s because people choose to embrace what is closest to them, rather than accept what they don’t understand. Which is what the definition of faith is in the first place.

But there have been examples given again and again that illuminate the fact that only a fraction of the church will be open enough to “see” Jesus in his glorified state. Only three of the twelve saw it and they were instructed not to tell anyone else. Not everyone who calls out “Lord, Lord, will enter into the kingdom of heaven . . .

The kingdom is going to manifest and the whole world is going to be affected, but unless we have eyes that can see and ears that can hear, we’ll feel the affects without experiencing the intimacy for ourselves. Again, the choice is up to each individual as to whether we are willing to lay down what we “know” and receive the unknown, or we simply embrace the limitations and settle for that.

Oh, and the reason why Israel didn’t exercise their authority and drive the enemy completely out of their promise land, was because they chose to settle with what they had, rather than press in and receive all that God had to offer. Is that where the church is now? Are we just settling with where we are in God and hoping for the best? There’s a passage in Revelation that speaks about that as well. If we’re neither hot or cold, we make God sick and He vomits us out of His body. Not a pretty picture.

So, what do you say? I say, let’s pursue. Let’s lay our religious baggage down and lighten our doctrinal load, cinch up our laces and jump in the kingdom with both feet. If we fall, He’ll catch us. If we flail, He’ll calm us. But if we fly, He’ll join us. Lord, how I want so badly to fly.

So, this mysterious book of Revelation, how did it get to be such a fearful book that it has become? Did you know, that the first century church, the ones to whom it was originally written for, they used it as a hymnal? They sang songs out of it. So how does something go from being a song book, to the end of the world ruled by doom and gloom with only the hope of destruction in the end?

Believe it or not, it has to do with Matthew 7, again where we just talked about the lack of intimacy. Without “knowing” Jesus, everything we do that we think is personifying Him is the work of iniquity. He only reveals His nature to those whom He has true intimacy with. In our reasoning and logic, we revert to our own honor system that is connected to a formula of much discipline in both prayer, Bible study, and devotion. But that’s not what intimacy is. For me, intimacy is simply personal submission to the Spirit within me.

Intimacy with the Father is taking his word inwardly rather than emphasizing the application outwardly. It’s seeing that his words are spirit and life intended to resurrect my spirit man above my carnal man “in me”. Intimacy is emphasizing the inward messages to an inward man. It’s not heavy prayer for learning more, it’s not great disciplinary tactics in reading scripture or memorization. It’s based on love.

All revelation is, truly be it the book of Revelation, or the experience of revelation, it is the unveiling of the nature of God to man, through Christ. But again, it’s not about men, it’s about God dealing with the man in men. When you deal with the inward man in outward men, you’ll see immediate results in outward men due to the transformation of the inward man.

The Spirit in me is the earnest of God (Ephesians 1:13, 14). It’s the only part of me that was given dominion over the rest of me. When I submit to my spirit, the order is aligned as God established it to be, for the purpose of His own nature to flow in me. The result of the order is the manifestation of His love flowing out of me. It’s not about a successful ministry or being a well distinguished person who is very knowledgeable of the scriptures. Those are good qualities to have, but they are not the requirements of intimacy. All it is, is a humble openness to accept unexplainable things of God inwardly and know that grace supersedes sin.

It is in this light that I want to end this book with a few insights of what I believe this great and wondrous book of Revelation is really about. The first key as to why the first century church had such a different attitude toward it is in the very first verse of the first chapter.

Revelation 1
1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

This is the porthole into the nature of Jesus. The only part of it that the church seems to focus in on is the fact that an angel brought it. But if you read the book of Revelation, you’ll find that there are many more angels than just one involved with illuminating to John the nature of Jesus. So to say “an” angel gave it to him is already misleading. But let’s back up because there’s many more important things here to realize than just the idea that an angel brought it.

First, “Revelation” simply means “to unveil”. It’s the same definition as apocalypse. It’s not about the end of the world. It’s not about destruction of man kind. It’s not about one world leader or the final attempt to wipe Israel off the map. It’s not about learning facts, gathering more information or obtaining great knowledge. God chose to uncover the nature of Jesus by sending John “a” message. That’s “the” angel. An angel is simply the vehicle through which the message comes. It could be through a person, animal, or even creation itself. But the fact that John was “caught up in the spirit” tells me that this message didn’t manifest in the natural realm, but in the spiritual.

So for me, this messenger was more from within John than some being approaching him from without. It’s not about the messenger in the first place. It’s the message that the messenger is bringing. That is where the church seems to completely go off track. Their image of the nature of Jesus is about destroying this earth and the ungodly people in it, and partying with the people that mentally chose to acknowledge He exists. That just isn’t what unconditional love does, or is.

The other issue here is to whom this unveiling is actually coming to. This translation says “servants” but the original translation states it’s not to just servants, but “bond-servants”. What’s the difference? This is where knowing some of the Jewish culture can really benefit. I’m no Jewish scholar by any means. But I’ve learned that things were set up differently in their culture than how things operate in ours.

For instance, earlier in this book we talked about Jubilee. According to God’s established patterns and laws, once Israel got their inheritance, it was to be theirs forever. Meaning that they could not sell their land to anyone else. And if they became so broke that they owed more than they could pay back, they could sell their land to pay off the debt, but once the year of Jubilee arrived, their land was returned to their family and the debt was considered paid in full.

It’s the same with families that had to become slaves to others to pay off debts. They were to be a slave until the Sabbath year, which came every seven years. And when that Sabbath year arrived, their master would have to release them from his control over them as a slave-master. And it is here where one has the opportunity to become a bond servant as opposed to a servant.

The slave was given the option to return to their home to start over again debt-free, or they could choose to give up that freedom and remain a slave to their master for life. You’d think that sounds ridiculous for anyone to want to give up their freedom for life. But when you take a closer look and realize that during the six years they were a slave, often times, they lived better lives as a slave to someone successful in life, than they themselves did before they became slaves.

During this slavery, they would often build a close relationship with their master and much of what they did would be out of devotion to their master rather than fear of rebuke if they didn’t. So when the time came for their release, they would choose to commit their entire life to their master because of the relationship they built over the course of the six years of slavery. The seventh year would give them the ability to become life-time servants out of love and relationship rather than debt.

If they chose to stay with their master, he would then take an awl, lead them up to the threshold of his house, and pierce their ear to his doorpost. He would then give them a ring signifying their bond with each other. It is to “that” kind of people that the book of Revelation is really written to. The same people to whom the kingdom of God is given to as well. Piercing the ear to the threshold carries great spiritual significance.

The threshold is the doorway giving passage into dwelling place of the master. Many times we see the phrase, “he that hath an ear let him hear”. That is speaking to the bondservants who have given themselves over to the master and have been given the ability to hear and understand, comprehend kingdom principles. The ring signifies a new marriage in relationship that has no beginning and no end. It speaks to all things eternal. This book is written to those who have personal intimacy, not a corporate doctrine.

But unfortunately, the book of Revelation went to the hands of the masses of believers who didn’t understand what true commitment was. And everything they saw was from the mind of a slave in debt, rather than from a mind of a servant in love. So it’s no wonder why the church interprets the book of Revelation with such a view of death and destruction to the world. Those that are propagating such a theory are still serving God out of debt rather than out of love of the Sabbath.

It is “that” little nugget right there, that has caused the rest of the book to become so twisted and contorted. It’s not meant to be given to anyone other than the bondservants of Jesus. That’s a biggie. Actually, that’s “one” biggie, there are a couple other reasons why this book has become the source of apocalyptic destruction. This is not to say the book shouldn’t be read, it’s saying that if you want to truly understand the revelation of Jesus, you really need to see him intimately IN you and not apply him to how you see others living, or even apply him the same way you draw conclusions about others. Everything with Christ is inward. It’s spiritual.

Even Scripture states that flesh profits me nothing. If that’s to be true, then why do we continue to insist to read His words, which again, are spirit and life, as though they’re to be applied to the natural? We take them as literal when the true manna has always been the spiritual insights that lie within the natural contexts.

Another is in how this message was sent. Not because of just an angel, and as I said, this is a spiritual revelation “in” John that God was revealing. This message was not given plainly. It was given inwardly to John in God’s tongue using natural elements as symbolism. These natural things are “signs”, the message was sent and “signified”. It’s all metaphorical. It’s not about literal dragons and beasts. It’s about the redemption of Jesus bringing the state of man back into the righteousness of God by way of cleansing us from the carnality we’ve become entangled in. It’s all in signs and symbols.

Are we to take it literally? Meaning, are those things in there really predictions of things yet to happen in our natural, physical world? Yes, and no. Yes in the sense that these things being symbolized were events that would and were already beginning to unfold IN THAT GENERATION. It’s the fulfillment of the prophetic words of Jesus in Matthew 23, 24 about not one stone being left on top of another. But several times when Jesus was giving the warning of what was to come, He made it very clear that it was to ‘THAT” generation.

And again, verse one is indicating this very thing when it says this revelation is showing things which “shortly must come to pass”. According to the mainline church, “shortly come to pass” means roughly 2,000 years. No one seems to be taking into account the state of the nation of that current day.

First, let’s take a closer look at what actually happened in Matthew 23 . . .it’s really quite telling about what Jesus was up to.

Matthew 23
13But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
14Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
15Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
16Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!
17Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?
19Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?
23Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
24Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
25Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
26Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
27Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
28Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
29Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
33Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
39For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

What’s interesting to me with these woes and rebukes, is that today’s church pretty much distances themselves from these woes. We point our fingers to these religious groups and we tsk, tsk, and shake our heads in shamelessness. We are quick to point out that these rebukes were on those to whom Jesus was talking to. And yet at the same time, we are told by our modern day churches, that the result of these woes, the aftermath from their mindsets, is going to come 2,000 years later?

If you are going to try to warp, I’m sorry, slight misprint there, if you are going to warp the text to fit your theology of the end of the world so it can still be used as your intimidation tactics to this generation, then perhaps you should also apply the woes and rebukes to this generation as well. “We are! Just look at the filth in the nations today?” You’re still missing the point. Jesus isn’t talking to the nations. He’s not even talking to the general public. He’s talking to the church.

Did you notice the first woe in verse thirteen? It’s talking about how the church won’t allow people to enter into the kingdom of heaven, and it won’t go into it either. See again, the kingdom of heaven is not the same as heaven itself. They were about to enter into the kingdom even then. But instead, they stuck to their vain traditional way of thinking. And as a result, their beliefs kept them from seeing and hearing, and they’re beliefs kept everyone else who was a part of the church from seeing and hearing as well.

The damnation of the dead. Jesus told the disciples they were blessed for being enabled to see and to hear what the spirit was saying through the physical words of Jesus. But to those who are spiritually dead, they are damned. To be blind in Christ is to be damned in hell. And again, the hell I speak of is not the hell that the church teaches about.

One last thought on the tail end of chapter 23 three before we check out 24. Did that last verse ever make any sense to you?

39For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

When did this ever happen? Did the religious church “ever” say this? A better question would be did the religious church ever “see” Jesus? Because the truth is, they didn’t. Not in this realm, they didn’t. So did Jesus lie? Their, final destination was never in question. But it was their present state that brought them into their own bondage and blindness. In the end, EVERY knee will bow and EVERY tongue will confess. Not just people who accepted Christ in this life.

Ever find the passage that says if you don’t accept Christ in this life, then you’re going to spend eternity in hell in the next? Us religious people have gotten things so twisted up. It’s a wonder people will come to church at all. I didn’t post it here, but I want to also direct your attention to how scripture words this when it opens up this scene between Jesus and the temple worshipers. And by that, I don’t just mean people who worshiped in the temple, I mean people who worshiped the temple “system.”

Matthew 23
1Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
2Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
3All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

When reading about the scribes and Pharisees, it’s not so much about individuals as it is about a position of power. The seat of Moses first, is a “seat.” When one is sitting, one is at rest from one’s labor. Note that it doesn’t say the seat of the tabernacle, or the seat of the holy of holies. There is only one seat in the system and it was the mercy seat. Moses’ identity was in establishing the law. They were living in an assumed position of law.

It’s actually a seat that Jesus came to fulfill. But before He could establish that position in this realm, He first had to remove the squatters that claimed the position as their own. And that’s just what these passages are about. They are about “that” generation that rejected Jesus, but it didn’t stop Him from fulfilling the plan of God. It just caused the nation to lose their identity all together.

It’s not man that wants to overtake the position, it’s the carnality in man. And as such, it is the carnality in man that Jesus came to deal with. Jesus wasn’t just talking to a few men, He was giving notice to a generation that law enforcement was coming to an end and abundant life was replacing it on a seat of grace. It is grace that makes us in right standing with God, not fulfilling rules and regulations. But to those who embraced the system of rules, they were damned. They were left in their blindness due to the stubbornness of their minds.

This next verse, the very next thing that happens, really strikes me as odd because the disciples were there when Jesus went off on the religious. This was the first time they’d ever heard Jesus blow up on the religious leaders to this magnitude. They did see His passion for His purpose aimed at the moneychangers once, but they were not religious leaders, they were simply scavengers trying to make a profit on others who were living according to the law of sacrifices. Then again, maybe they “were” religious leaders, because that sounds awfully familiar.

At any rate, immediately following this stinging rebuke, it’s the disciples that appear to try to calm Jesus down a bit by trying to get Him to see how much dedication and time and effort was put into making these notorious religious monuments. Surely the person that put so much hard work in erecting these buildings had to gain at least “some” credibility in their messages.

The Pharisees definitely had a hand in the building of the temples and other religious artifacts and men were impressed by their obsessions. So even while their ears were still stinging from the rebuke Jesus just unleashed, the disciples intended to stick up for the Pharisees. It didn’t end well. It was at that point that Jesus revealed to them basically that this was just the beginning of the end of the entire system, He gave them a revelation of the fact that the day was coming when NOT ONE STONE would be left unturned.

Then He went into a message that has the same kind of language as the book of Revelation. Any modern day preacher will tell you that Matthew 24 and Revelation are directly connected. And I don’t disagree with that one bit, but where we differ is, I don’t believe either passage has anything to do with a generation 2,000 years removed.

I believe there is a natural application. I believe that there were literally events of destruction that did happen, but not to the world, and not to eternal damnation. The only eternal destruction that took place there naturally, was the activities required by the old religious system. The old law never recovered from the ultimate destruction that occurred in A.D. 70.

Forever = Age Ending
One of the hardest things to get our minds to let go of, is that terminology the translators used when dealing with “forever and ever”. The original meaning every time that is used in scripture, literally means “age-ending.” In other words, once the debt is paid, that’s it. There is no eternal torment or damnation or suffering endlessly in time. You sin, a sacrifice was made for that sin. After the sacrifice is complete, it’s done, it is finished. It’s not progressive to where you have to continue sacrificing for the same sin.

If a child disobeys, they are disciplined. When the discipline is over, the child’s privileges are returned. There is no eternal discipline for an act of rebellion. But the church, again, believes quite differently. If a child rebels or disobeys God, who remember, is love in its purest sense, the child is to be tormented in fire for the rest of eternity. But for one, they’re not understanding that’s just not God’s nature, and second, the translated word is inaccurate. Age-ending discipline is a far cry from eternal torment.

Bear in mind, if just one of these platforms starts to erode, the entire belief system will fall because each idol we’ve discussed is interwoven with another. Hell is connected to salvation, salvation is connected to the trinity, it just keeps going and going. Embracing the literal applications of the written word only will distort our growth in the Father. He wants to speak to us directly, utilizing the written word to affirm what He’s revealed to our spirit. To look for truth in the word with our natural reasoning, will only end in yet another religious system. You can’t have spiritual affirmation if you emphasize natural applications. It just perverts the whole thing when we do that.

What God brings together, no man can separate. And what God separates, no man can mend back together. What was happening in Matthew 23 was a separation between Israel and the Old Covenant. It was going to happen both in the natural realm, as it had already been finished in the spiritual realm. Israel’s identity was going to change, with or without their cooperation. As it turns out, they chose to be without.

Matthew 24
1And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
2And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
10And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
15When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

When you watch any kind of sports competition, be it boxing, football, even basketball, and one of my favorites, ultimate fighting, in the promotional spots leading up to the game or fight, there is a lot of intimidation in the body language of those involved. Body language is everything. And that principle will often have many benefits when reading scripture as well. Jesus just blasted the religious leaders of the day. The reason why I posted it here is so you can grasp the intensity and severity of what Jesus was doing. He was not condemning them to eternal torment. He was, however, giving notice to the religious system that change was coming.

And because they were so embedded in their own logic and reasoning, there was no way they were going to receive His words graciously. Nor was there any way they were going to “see” anything in the kingdom. My mind is the veil that keeps me from understanding kingdom principles. The more I allow my mind to be in control of my life, decisions and choices, the more I am going to walk as an adversary to His will. This is why Peter was called an adversary. Translators chose to use “satan” there, but Jesus never called him satan, He called him an adversary because Peter was still walking in his own understanding while trying to give Jesus, who again is spirit and life, instructions and so called advice.

Immediately following this searing rebuke to the Pharisees, the first verse here in Matthew is profound in that it specifically explains the posture of Jesus. He went out “and” departed from the temple. He’s disconnecting the religious system from His next move. He’s leaving the old covenant system behind as He establishes a new foundation for a new covenant. The old was based on works. The new is based on rest. This is where the days of labor start taking form.

Christ “is” the resurrection. He is the third day. But He didn’t arrive here until the fourth. It was the fourth day when the foundation of rest was laid, but it wouldn’t be until the 7th day when the temple of rest comes into its maturity and completion. Four is the number of the natural realm. Four major components make up this planet we call home. Land, air, fire, and water. There are four major directions from which we navigate. Resurrection came from spirit to natural. The third day manifested to the fourth day.

Interesting thing about these days. In Genesis, if you pay close attention, you noticed that God didn’t begin blessing the days until after the fourth day was made. And according to the Old Covenant law, 6 days man was to work, but the seventh day was total rest. As we mentioned before, God prophetically put this into motion in Genesis 6 when He stated that He wasn’t going to wrestle (labor) with man forever but that his years would be 120. And we’ve since have had it unveiled to us that when you apply the Jubilee to that word spoken, it comes to 6,000, which again is six days prophetically. Remember, Jubilee comes every 50 years, Christ is the Jubilee. God doesn’t measure according to time, space, or man’s decisions. He measures according to the finished work of the cross His son accomplished for all.

The requirement for man’s mind to labor with the things of God is to end when the six days are complete, which I believe they’ve done that. And that’s what Jesus was laying the foundation for when He came to the fourth day. He was activating resurrection to this realm of death and decay, as a means of laying the foundation in preparation for the coming of the Sabbath. But before we can enter into the Sabbath, we first have to allow Him to remove our minds of labor. And that’s what He’s doing here in Matthew.

The next time we see scripture give us a visual of Jesus’ posture, is just two verses later. See, scripture doesn’t need to tell us Jesus turned away and left the temple, the reader would already know this just by the fact that the conversation the disciples were having about the buildings outside, it would be obvious that Jesus left the temple. But because of the importance of not just what Jesus says, but also of what He does, the Holy Spirit was sure to prompt the authors to include body language.

In verse one, Jesus turns and leaves the old system behind. In verse three, He “sits”. He could have very well have just been walking along while explaining to the disciples how the old system would end, but He didn’t, He sat. Why? Because the core of the New Covenant is all about “rest”. That’s why many of the healings Jesus performed were “on” the Sabbath. Which is also why the religious were so enraged by Him, He ignored their precious law. They elevated their laws to such a high status that even Jesus himself was rebuked for breaking them. What’s that saying?

That’s saying that the minds of men have elevated their own knowledge to a level of power that not even God can be seen any longer. Should God bring change, their first response is to protect their most cherished possessions from the change. And it’s the very possessions that God is intending to change. It’s hard to fully comprehend, but we still do it ourselves. We elevate our “belief” in God higher than we do our relationship with God.

And so when God says He’ll have no idols put above Him, He means it. And when we lift our belief system to a place where we’d attack anyone who has a different opinion, we are already showing signs that our belief system and our image of freedom actually has us in bondage. It comes full circle to the place where we need to once again, put away our sword until we understand its true purpose in our lives. As a nation, Israel took pride in their religious belief system. It was so established in them, it was actually what triggered the destruction of them.

And that is what Jesus is talking about here in Matthew 24, and in Daniel, and in Revelation. These all are witnesses testifying to the coming removal of the Old Covenant system. I don’t believe it was ever God’s intent to destroy Israel as a nation. I believe they brought that on themselves through their stubborn religious nature by rejecting the Sabbath and embracing the labor of a works-based system. Not one stone was left upon the other, not just in the natural buildings, but in the doctrine of their culture and lifestyle. They held on to it, so hard, for so long, it was the very thing that destroyed them.

That’s why His response was the way it was to the disciples that were trying to show him how impressive these buildings were. What they were really doing, was attempting to have Jesus give honor to foundations, belief systems, doctrines and philosophies built not by God, but by the hands of men. He wasn’t just talking about the buildings not having one stone on top of another. In fact, if it was just about that, then He lied again because there’s still a remnant of the original wall that still stands today. We call it the wailing wall.

If Jesus said not one stone would remain on top of the other, and if He was referring solely to the natural buildings, then why did the wall not get destroyed as well? However, since 70 A.D. Israel has never been able to return to her sacrificial worship in any way, shape or form. And it’s also why I still stand on the belief that Israel will never return to it either. She still doesn’t get it. And neither do we if we still expect the temple to be rebuilt, the sacrifices to start up again and so forth. God ended it because Jesus fulfilled it. So why are we so adamant about seeing the shadow worship return when the substance is inside us?

Matthew 24
4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

When reading this with natural reasoning, it would appear that Jesus is saying, “don’t let anyone deceive you”. But when you’re reading this dimensionally, it’s not about men deceiving men as much as it is about the “man” in men, deceiving men. Let no “man” deceive you. “In other words, don’t let the flesh distract you. Don’t get caught up in the natural emotions and sights around you. There is an order of what’s happening and a purpose for it. There will be many who come to you with “thus saith the Lord” who will tell you things the Lord never said, and that’s just what happened.

Many churches have been built and established with slogans and principles that men have said God said, that God never said. And as a result, they’ve become the workers of iniquity Jesus speaks of. Essentially, any religious organization that has established boundary lines of beliefs, has already set itself up to fall. Man always wants to put God in a permanent place. Even David was driven to do this, and God, being a Father loving to dote on His kids, let it happen, but not through David. God’s first response was “Why would you want to do that? Don’t you know that the whole earth is my footstool?

Last edited by cross-eyed on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

2 Chapter Eighteen Part 2 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:43 pm

cross-eyed

The tabernacle system was one that was mobile, it moved and led the people. But men, good intentions or not, always want to take it upon themselves to make what’s mobile, stationary. That’s what we’ve done with our own relationship with the Father. We set boundaries in our belief systems that don’t allow any growth or change. We claim we want more of Jesus and we want to go deeper in Him, but when those things begin to manifest, we balk because to go deeper in Christ is to cross denominational and doctrinal belief systems. We’d have to admit we were inaccurate in our original thinking. Or at least incomplete in what we originally embraced as sound doctrines.

As an individual, this isn’t that hard to do. But when you become identifiable with a belief system, it’s much more difficult. Belief systems are not intended to change, they are intended to preserve and maintain an original principle. It’s to the point now that some of the greatest men of God will defend a religious organization because they see it as God’s way of manifesting Himself to the world. But my problem is, if Jesus turned His back on the religious system of His day, what makes us think He won’t do the same in our day?

In verse 6 Jesus instructed that the things they saw around them needed to happen, even though the end was not yet. The end of what? That’s been the issue ever since. The church sees this to be a prophetic word for the end of the world. But I believe that’s such a selfish attitude to take. Jesus just told the church that “that” generation was going to see and experience these things about to happen, and yet we want to rip that out of its context and force it into “our” generation. Why?

I don’t disagree that God still has great things in store for this generation. In fact, I believe the timetable of God has something of a great magnitude, greater than the generations before us, greater than the Azusa Street revival, Brownsville revival, the Canadian revival, greater than any of them put together. I’m just foolish enough to believe that Isaiah’s prophetic word with the knowledge of the Lord covering my earth as the waters cover the sea is going to happen in “this” day we’re living in.

I believe as great as the darkness is around is, the light of Life is going to overwhelm the darkness so much so that even the shadows will be changed. That’s what this is all about. This is not to stir up anger, rage or religion. It’s to set me free from the power of carnality “in” me. “I’m” not setting me free, I don’t have that ability. If I did, I wouldn’t have let myself be bound by my “self” in the first place. No, it is knowing “Truth” that sets us free. And that’s what’s happening now, we’re beginning to see the manifestation of Truth overtake the power of man and return carnality back to its rightful place, in submission to the spirit and eventually, purified completely. But I digress . . .

Every “thing” mentioned there in Matthew 24:4-8, you’ll find each one of them in the book of Acts. They already happened. There were wars and rumors of wars all around them. There was high tension in the political arena just in Jesus’ day alone, but the religious spilled over into politics to the point to where the Romans, the ones who already governed over them, they came in to try to bring the civil war between the religious sects back under some sort of control. And as far as wars go, things got completely out of control to the point that by the time the Romans had full control again, Israel as a nation was slaughtered.

The Sea of Galilee turned red due to the amount of spilled blood. Dead corpses were stacked in rows upon rows as high as horse’s bridles. The warnings of Daniel, Matthew and Revelation physically transpired in the year A.D. 70. But churches won’t preach that because it doesn’t fit with their end-of-the-world theologies. If they preached that it already happened, then they couldn’t use it as leverage to the people today to get them to sign their membership cards.

The truth is, Jesus came and planted a foundational spirit seed in the earth, it came in the form of human flesh. He was buried and like everything else about Him, His resurrection is a sign to the natural realm of what literally happened in the spiritual. And, because it was a covenant experience, it means that what transpired there with one man, will transpire in EVERY man ever born in this realm.

“That’s” what makes the book of Revelation so special. It’s the proclamation, as a trumpet blast, that “man” in men has been redeemed. In addition, the power of carnality was destroyed two days ago, and now we are entering into the third day, the last day of the last days. The last days are the last three days of the week. It was as Peter said of the last days “this is that”. The last days began then, but the measurement of a day is not a 24 hour period of time, it’s the closure of the power of carnality through the reasoning of works-based thinking, and the dawning of “the” Sabbath day.

And only those who have a “bond-servant” relationship with the Father can “see” it. It’s not only going to affect those that can see it, it’s going to affect the entire human race, from Adam on. But those that have the intimate relationship will be able to “see” and “release” it into this realm. That is where the remnant bride is, she is releasing the power of the Sabbath upon all flesh. And that’s where the importance of salvation also comes in. It’s not about being saved from hell. It’s being saved from the bondage of my “self” so that I can stop the bleeding cycle and finally, once and for all, be able to reproduce this nature of freedom into others.

God isn’t just saving a fraction of His creation, He’s saving the entire creation through the power of the cross. He’s using a Gideon’s army to deliver His salvation just as He’s always done. The real question is, do we want to be just recipients? Or do we want to be activists? Either way, God’s plan for the earth is like the Bush plan for education in the nation when he was in office, no child will be left behind.

These passages of Daniel, Matthew and Revelation have all already happened in the natural. They are happening in the corporate as we speak. That is what’s happening to all of the earth. Every church is being exposed to the Sabbath Day Light and it’s melting down religious structures and not one stone will be left on top of the other. No one will be elevated above another.. No religion is going to be left unturned. Not one stone that was built with a laboring mind will be left on top of another.

Interesting choice of words there by Jesus, don’t you think? Again, my natural reasoning will immediately conclude that this verse is depicting the saturation of just how deep this destruction is going to be. Jesus said that each one of those buildings will be leveled. In A.D. 70, that’s just what happened. And for the first time in the history of the Jewish nation, the temple was never rebuilt.

In all the wars and battles before, there was always a time of rebuilding. Even when they were in captivity of Babylon, God inspired men to rise up and rebuild. But not this time. It’s been 2,000 years and men have longed to see the temple rebuilt, but it’s just not going to happen. What’s changed? The entire religious system. God didn’t annihilate people. They did that to themselves. But God did remove the religion from the land. And the Jews have not been allowed to bring it back. Now, in Daniel it talks about the antichrist, or so the church has taught.

Daniel 8
5And as I was considering, behold, a he goat came from the west on the face of the whole earth, and touched not the ground: and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.

11Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of the sanctuary was cast down.

It’s a goat with a horn between his eyes. In man there is an eye behind the two eyes. We call it a pineal gland. It’s a very interesting part of our anatomy. But I don’t want to distract from the rest of the message here, the fact that it’s a goat is not good, but it’s not the antichrist as the church believes an antichrist to be either. Horns represent power. It’s location between the eyes depicts its own strength is its center of attention and vision.

Fact is, as you continue reading this passage, you see the goat attacks the ram, the goat is not a godly force, but a carnal one. Just as Paul states, our carnal mind is at “enmity” against God. Daniel is simply showing in symbols what Paul is saying in words. It’s the power of carnality at war with the nature of God. It never can win, but it never stops trying either. That’s the nature of carnality.

In reading further in this same chapter of Daniel, we see the source from which tradition pulls their reintroduction of the animal sacrifices again. But the thing is, it’s not about a natural man standing in a physical temple, performing literal sacrifices. It’s about the “man” in us, the “carnal” man in us, standing in our temple on the throne of our nature, which is where only the Spirit of Light is to rule and reign.

Unfortunately we give our authority over to carnality, so “man” is in the place of where “God” is suppose to be. It’s not about national identity through animal sacrifices unto God. It’s about inner sovereignty given to man, bringing us to the awareness of the revelation that there can be, and is only one God. All that is required of us, is to exercise in that revelation to give the glory and power unto the Lamb.

The thing about Daniel’s vision was, after it was revealed to him, he was instructed to seal up the vision because the time had not yet come for those things to manifest.

Daniel 12:4
But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

The time of the end, there’s that phrase again. The end of what? We’re taught that it’s about the end of time on earth. It’s not the earth that God’s unfolding plan is addressing. Man didn’t pervert the earth because of his belief system. The earth is not God’s chosen creation. God created the earth in preparation for the habitation of man. The earth has never been the focus. God has always put His emphasis in us, not on our surroundings. The earth is simply a manifestation of His devotion to us so that we have a dwelling place to live and thrive as human beings upon. So why are we reading scripture as if everything pertains to the earth?

The time of the end is actually pertaining to the end of the “temporary” covenant between God and man. The shadow of light was coming to an end once the light Himself appeared. And that’s just what Jesus did. When He came, He reopened the book by actually referring to Daniel himself. That was “why” He brought Daniel back up. He reopened the book Daniel because He was fulfilling its contents right in their presence through His presence.

Interestingly enough, it was in Matthew 24 where Jesus released that which was sealed. It was Jesus who made the connection between the coming judgment and Daniel, not men. The language in Daniel is the same, but Jesus is the one that made that connection for all to see and understand. If the book Daniel saw and wrote and had to seal wasn’t to actually take place for another 2,000 years, then why did Jesus go through the trouble of referring to Daniel in the first place? Unless, it “isn’t” for our generation at all, it was for that generation all along. And only Jesus could break the seal to reveal that to them at that time.

Matthew 24
When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)

Because this is such a big foundation in the church, I want to just hover over this for a bit. Now, let’s do some rough math here. Daniel was told to seal up the book and it was approximately 600 years or so from Daniel to Jesus. Why is this so key? Because what Daniel saw is the same thing that John saw when he wrote Revelation. It was dealing with the same purpose. This is all about removing the old religious system and replacing it with the New Covenant. And what Daniel was told to seal, John was specifically told to leave it open. Daniel was told it was not yet time, John was told it had already begun.

The beginning portion of the book of Revelation, after addressing the churches, was designated as a crescendo of prophetic purpose that started with the breaking of the seven seals. Had it not been for the breaking of the seal, the trumpets and bowls would not have manifested. It all started around the seal. It was there that John wept because no one was found worthy to break the seal.

It’s not that no one could be found in our natural sense of understanding that application, but the manifestation had not yet come. When the time came for the seals to be broken, the Lamb appeared. Everything is according to the Master’s plan. Daniel saw it, but had to seal it. And Matthew 23 indicates that Jesus then came and opened it 600 years later.

Revelation 22
And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

Here’s my argument with the traditional thinking on this. The church is saying these things in Revelation are things that are yet to happen. But if that’s true, then why was John specifically told to leave the book open? “Well, because the things were “beginning’ then, but they’re going to end in the future . .. “ Oh, really? So, you’re telling me that Daniel was told to seal up the book because it wasn’t for another 600 years before the things would come to pass.

But yet, John was told specifically “not” to seal up the book because even though things would begin then, it would be at least 2,000 years later before they were fulfilled? I don’t think so. I think the reason why John was told to leave it open was not just because it was beginning, but it was going to be fulfilled to its completion in his generation. It was to be left open to that generation because these things were going to manifest, physically, to that generation.

Jesus told them “this generation”. He told them more than once. He said it in Matthew 23:36 and again in Matthew 24:34. He couldn’t have put it any clearer that the things he described in Matthew 24 were the same things He referred to by bringing it up in Daniel’s vision. They also are the same things that John saw in his vision. They are all one and the same. And they are all pertaining to the physical event of A.D. 70 in the removal of the religious system and Israel’s identity as a nation. That’s the first dimension.

They also are all pertaining to the corporate church and the anti-Christ/pro-religious-system that the church operates in. It is inside the church system where the destruction is going to take place. The church system has given itself over to an anti-Christ mentality.

They’ve established doctrines and beliefs that are not even in align with the nature of God in the first place. That’s the second dimension they are embracing. I don’t disagree that Jesus established the church in the second dimension, but the purpose of the church is to mature the bride into a relationship of maturity and intimacy with the Father. You can’t enter into that kind of relationship by staying in the first and second dimension.

It’s not through natural flesh or religious works that we have intimacy, it’s simply through spiritual order within us. When I submit my carnal mind to my spiritual heart, the spirit then can hear what His Spirit is saying and doing, allowing me to then hear and see. And thus, the call “he who hath an ear let him hear” can now be answered by simply hearing the sound that resurrects, that rises above all the earthy noises within me.

So the third dimension is “in me” there is an antichrist presence in my carnality that is going to be cast into a lake of fire, which in all three dimensions, is also one and the same. The lake of fire is the fire that is all consuming in carnality, but it doesn’t destroy the tree in which it illuminates. Just as it did with Moses in the burning bush, we are the burning bush.

We are consumed with the fire of God in our lives as He burns and purges and cleanses us from all unrighteousness. We are not saved from a hell waiting for us after this life, we are sent “through” hell as part of that spiritual cleansing process “in” this life. There is no eternal torment. There is age-ending burning in us so that in the end, all that is left is the purity of life, light and freedom in the kingdom of God.

God’s fire is not to bring eternal torment. There’s an end to his judgment. The end comes when righteousness manifests. When we are purified, when we are cleansed. When our garments are made white as snow. That’s what his fire does. It’s not to force us out, it’s to enable us to be “in” Him and allows Him to be “in” us.

When Jesus referred to Daniel like He did, it’s a part of the foundation of His church. In order for us to see the kingdom, we must experience within every one of us, the same thing being described to Daniel, Matthew and John. We have sealed up within us things that He’s come to loose. There are proclamations that need to be trumpeted into our cities and nations within us. We are a city on a hill, in us there are cities with walls.

Once Israel was set free from Egypt, they then had to go through the process of getting the Egypt out of them. It was only while they were “in” the promise land that this could occur. Perhaps you could say that all this time, in the days of labor, the church has still been in its own wilderness. But a river of death is before it, waiting for her to wade out into her, not to drown, but to have the waters of death be drawn up all the way back to her origin. God wants to take the church back to her birthing.

For it is there, where she is circumcised in the spirit of life. But first, she must be baptized in the river of death. Once this transpires, the kingdom of the promise land waits for her to come, release the power of God upon her earth and manifest His glory. That will effectively drive out the enemy from within her.

Did you know in the very beginning, Israel didn’t have weapons? God promised He would deliver to them their enemies. They didn’t take Jericho with weapons drawn, they took it through the order of silence and praise . It wasn’t until later that they reverted to their own strength, which eventually became their downfall in rooting out all their enemies.

Every time we revert to fighting the enemy with the enemy’s own form of weaponry, we are defeated before we even begin. God doesn’t fight wars like we fight wars. He doesn’t manifest resolution in the same way we reason with our logic. We’re taught what to say and how to say it and to whom we should say it to. We’re taught how to study and the best way to achieve our goals in ministry and even taught how to have wisdom.

But when the time comes for application, all we’re accomplishing is a repetition of those that have gone on before us. No one is advancing in maturity because we’re all living by the standards of those who’ve already been through here before us. There’s no growth because there’s no new direction. We’re actually proud of the fact that we’re the same in our belief systems as our ancestors before us.

We were taught that to win a battle, you have to be better equipped with weaponry than your counterpart. Even though the examples in scripture never support that. David was actually dressed in heavy armor to take on Goliath and he actually had to take it all back off because that’s not what he was anointed to do. Gideon had to send the majority of his army home because man’s way of thinking isn’t even on the same plain as God’s way of thinking. That’s why the kingdom of heaven can not even be experienced until after we’re born again.

In the kingdom, God has already gone ahead of us and fought the battle and won it for us. In the kingdom, the meek, the humble, the timid inherit this earth, it comes through being in relation to the Father through the Son, not because it’s earned or deserved, but the meek shall inherit the earth. Kind of hard to embrace your inheritance if all you can think about is being raptured out of it.

That is why we celebrate. No longer are we barely able to just get from one day to the next. There is an invisible time line and we’re approaching the end of it where all glory will explode in our life and on our earth. But before the Lord can manifest on this earth, He first must manifest that same order of freedom in “my” earth. From within “me” it goes to the stones of the church, we are living stones.

The stones that were tore down so that not one would be left on top of another. That was the problem with the church that Jesus addressed. Everyone felt they needed to be on top of everyone else. Pride kept raising people above people, but there’s no foundation that can withstand that kind of order. It will implode upon itself just as Israel did in A.D. 70 when they began a war amongst themselves that could not be put out by men without destroying a nation.

It’s no different in us as a church. There’s no program that can contain it, no denomination that can sustain it. It’s not something that can be taught. And it’s definitely not something that can be bought. Only when the alignment is in the proper order in us, can these things then be caught. It doesn’t come through mass persuasion, the kingdom of God doesn’t come by observation.

You can’t apply it to what’s going on in your back yard and make it fit your theology. It was never intended to be interpreted through our natural means. It has a life of its own and it only manifests through personal intimacy. Revelation of Jesus, that’s what the book is about. How can one turn it into a book of devastation unto men? Jesus said Himself He didn’t come to condemn the world but to save it. Yet we’ve taken the revelation of Jesus and made it out to be a book of condemnation without anyone batting an eye.

Do we “really” want to see the world go to hell? If we don’t want to, then what makes us think God wants to? If God really loved us so much that He sent Jesus to pay for our sin, to become sin on our behalf, do we really think that God would let His son leave the higher place of authority to be humiliated, tortured, ridiculed and murdered and “still” send the world to hell? The revelation of Jesus Christ is the unveiling of the power of love over carnality in man.

What happened in A.D. 70 didn’t happen because they rejected Jesus as their savior. It happened because they wouldn’t let go of a poison that needed to be uprooted. We still look at things backwards even now. It’s not what they rejected, it’s what they were embracing. Because of their religious minds embracing the law, they rejected the Life. So, in order for life to be established, death had to manifest.

The things that happened in A.D. 70 didn’t happen in order for that generation to go to heaven. If it was, then we’re all in for hell on earth just as the religious church is trying to predict. Then it’s true that even though Jesus “said” it is finished, it’s really not completely finished in us until we consciously and mentally acknowledge it happened. “Then” we’ll be saved. But that’s just not Truth. There’s no freedom in forced confessions. We’re just being born again into a form of godliness without the power.

Unless, the power of the blood is just that strong to where it “can” redeem a whole human race back to the Father without the approval from the mind of man. Unless maybe God knew that Israel was about to collapse because nations can not be supported on doctrines of shadows.

Maybe he sent Jesus when He did to save them from themselves. And what happened in A.D. 70 was not God rejecting a nation, but it was the result of a nation rejecting God. Not because God told them to accept Jesus or else, but because God knew the “or else” was coming and the only way to stop the implosion and destruction was to send Jesus when He did.

When they rejected Jesus and released their Barabbas, they sealed their own fate. It wasn’t about paying the price for sin themselves because they rejected Jesus’ payment. He died for them as well. You do realize that God did answer Jesus prayer on the cross as he prayed for God to forgive them for they know not what they do, right? Or do you believe God didn’t answer their prayers and because they murdered Jesus, they went straight to hell right along with Hitler and the rest of earth’s evil doers.

See, if you let the very people who murdered Jesus into heaven, then you have to also let the rest of the crazies out there into heaven as well. And as terrible as it may sound to religious ears, I believe the power of Jesus blood did just that. And it was just as redemptive to them as it still is to us. If it wasn’t, then the slaughter of A.D. 70 would have been justifiable. But that’s not what A.D. 70 was about. It was about the collapse of a religious system that brought on the slaughter. All because religion and law can not birth life. It can only usher in death. It was the religious cults of the day that caused Israel to lose her identity.

And that’s where the modern day church is all over again. She’s at another crossroads. If she continues to maintain her course, she’s going to implode in on herself just as Israel did 2,000 years ago. The things in Revelation are not things that are going to happen to the earth again. Jesus isn’t going to come to the flesh to redeem us again. He’s already redeemed the flesh. He will manifest on this earth all right, but not in the same form that everyone expects Him to be coming in. The church is going to have to go through the river of death before she sees Him.

It’s not a terrible thing to admit you have to turn around. God isn’t denouncing us for our blindness. There’s a couple more things here I want to touch on before I’m ready to lay this book down. One, is the fact that even though John, himself, was in the spirit, he still had to repent before he could see anything as well.

Revelation 1
10I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
11Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
12And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks
;

John was “in the spirit” “on the Lord’s day”. Now, most people will get the fact that John was caught up in the spirit when this revelation was laid on him. But the key to being in the spirit, is to also enter into the Lord’s day. It’s been taught that it was on Sunday, or perhaps the Sabbath, which originally was a Saturday. But because the inspiration of the spirit is always illuminating “spiritual” truth, I have to believe that it’s not about a day of the week, but more about the realm of Jesus. It was His day? He “is” the day.

We are in the last “Day” of the last days. We are living in the latter portion of the illuminating light on this earth as we know it. I totally agree with all of that. But the end is not bringing destruction to the earth or to men. It’s bringing destruction to “man” in men through the redemptive work of love, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost.

He just said He was the first and the last. So to then have Him explain what day of the week it was isn’t His nature. So, let’s get that out of the way first. Do you want to enter into the kingdom the same as John? Then you’re going to have to enter into the day of the Lord. And even so, the sound that comes to him, is not in front of him, but behind him. Think that’s a coincidence? I don’t.

John mentions his positioning three times. First, the voice came from “behind” him. Second, he turned to “see” the voice that spoke to him, since when do you “see” a voice. And third, “being turned, I saw . . .” Three times John mentioned his position in all of this. He’s caught up in the spirit. When he first began seeing, he had no control of what direction he’d be facing. I believe God positioned him the way He did for us to see that as John represents the followers of Christ, so the church does the same.

John, a beloved disciple, on the Lord’s day, in the spirit, just miraculously saved from being boiled alive in oil, was still facing the wrong direction. Could he see? Yes, but could he see the voice? No. Many times, even in Matthew 24 in some of the reference verses I posted earlier, Jesus instructed the listener to really take note of what’s being said. In Matthew 24:15 when He reopened the sealed vision given to Daniel, Matthew wrote “Whosoever readeth, let him understand.”

Jesus often said “he that hath an ear, let him hear.” This is especially true of the book of Revelation. But even Matthew was trying to tell us that these things were more about spiritual implications that natural ones. That’s what that little saying there means. Jesus didn’t say whosoever readeth, that was Matthew telling us that, but the intent is the same in that you need to understand this with spiritual discernment rather than natural reasoning.

And the only way John could “see” the voice speaking was by first turning around. He had to repent. That’s all repenting really is. It’s changing the direction of your thinking, which will also change the direction of your vision. The church is reading scriptures and preaching what they call sound doctrine, but the sound isn’t what’s being seen, it’s what’s being reasoned.

For us to enter into this day of the Lord I spoke of earlier in this book, and John speaks of in his book, for us to enter into the Sabbath day, and see things from the perspective of rest and relationship, is to repent from our perspective of reasoning and religion. Simply let the winds of the spirit change the direction of your mind in how you operate, in how you think, in how you reason spiritual matters.

The mind is a beautiful thing, but its purpose is to govern us through this natural realm. It has no use in the spirit realm because it’s all governed by the Spirit. Once John repented, then he could see. And what he sees is the opposite of what Adam and Eve saw when they ate of knowledge. Adam could only see his own nakedness. John saw the Son of God in His glorified state. So now that John could see, what was it that John was to write?

Revelation 1
19Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

There is so much we take for granted. We read through scripture like we’re eating an ear of corn. We just chomp through it to the end, turn the page, and chomp through the next chapter until we get to the end again. Sometimes getting whole kernels, sometimes not. But scripture isn’t an ear of corn. It’s not just to be read, heard or chewed. It’s to be “seen”. It’s to be “planted.” It’s to be “received.”

It would seem on the surface that John was told to write about events that have happened, were happening, and were going to happen. If you keep this on the natural plain, that’s just what he did. All of the things written were pertaining to the events leading up to A.D. 70. But again, I’m not here to rehash and dissect what the natural implications are. I want to see the spiritual truth of what’s being said. If the natural part is already over with, and I believe it is, then I want to know what the real purpose of these things written are all about.

And as such, I can tell you, it’s more than a timeline of natural events unfolding on an imploding nation. Jesus gave us a key in Hebrews 13:8 where it states “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever. Okay, line that up with what John is supposed to write. “Write the things you have seen (Jesus yesterday) things which are (Jesus today) and things which shall be hereafter (Jesus forever).

And just in case you think I’m making this stuff up to fit “my” theology, the theology I have left is subject to change as the spirit gives utterance, let’s back up a few verses in Revelation and note the similarities.

Revelation 1
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

So first He tells John who He is, then He tells him to write who He is. This book is not about doom, gloom, destruction and desolation. It’s a revelation of Jesus Christ. It’s His nature of life, love and freedom manifesting in man. He is a Lamb, He is a Lion. He’s all in all. This book was never meant to be used as a measuring of death and darkness to a generation 2,000 years later.

It was a prophecy given to a nation that was about to collapse due to embracing a religious system that couldn’t sustain life. And in this prophecy, hope was renewed and light was illuminating the fact that the carnality in man no longer has power over man. That when all things come into their completion, carnality will be cast into the lake of fire. In other words, it will be totally consumed by God.

Now you can cling to your doom and gloom doctrines if you want to, but I can’t go back to those days of labor anymore. Those six days were not made for man, only the Sabbath was made for man. Even before I could reach the seventh day, I first had to endure the previous six, and now that I’m through them, I may lay my weapons of warfare down and let the Sabbath transform this battle-worn mind into a plowshare. I’m a gardener in my Father’s vineyard. And this is where I want to stay.

I know this chapter has been considerably long, but there are several reasons for that. One is, it’s so near and dear to my heart that we begin looking at these things in celebration rather than fear. And secondly, this book is packed with keys of authority to enable the bride to unlock her prison she’s found herself in and experience the freedom that the Word has told us so much about. Let God arise and his enemies be scattered.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum