APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daniel 3 1-6 . . .Oh Boy!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Daniel 3 1-6 . . .Oh Boy!! on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:25 pm

cross-eyed

Daniel 3
1 Nebuchadnezzar the king made an image of gold, whose height was threescore cubits, and the breadth thereof six cubits: he set it up in the plain of Dura, in the province of Babylon.

2 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king sent to gather together the princes, the governors, and the captains, the judges, the treasurers, the counsellors, the sheriffs, and all the rulers of the provinces, to come to the dedication of the image which Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up.

3 Then the princes, the governors, and captains, the judges, the treasurers, the counsellors, the sheriffs, and all the rulers of the provinces, were gathered together unto the dedication of the image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up; and they stood before the image that Nebuchadnezzar had set up.

4 Then an herald cried aloud, To you it is commanded, O people, nations, and languages,

5 That at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king hath set up:

6 And whoso falleth not down and worshippeth shall the same hour be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace.

How many times have we found ourselves coming down from a spiritual high only to end up in another ditch? How often have we seen ourselves as perfected, only to have our "self" get in the way of the perfecting process and assume we're as great as we "think" we are.

It makes me again think of Elijah's greatest feat of calling fire from heaven to burn a bull that had been soaked in gallons of water, then killed all 400 of the false prophets that were present . . . .only to turn tail and run from Jezebel's decree to have him killed. The pattern never changes.

When will we ever comprehend that perfection is ONLY in Christ! Or should I say it COMES only through Christ. For me that means my natural mind can't see the perfection, all it sees is what is visible around me. It is only BY FAITH that I am perfected. So what does my mind do with that? It tries to replicate and duplicate it. Instead of embracing Christ, we want to embrace the perfection and all we end up doing is building up another idol within ourselves.

This thing Nebuchadnezzar is doing . . .remember what his name means?? "May Nebo protect the crown!" What Nebo did was to create an idol of himself rather than of God. Why? Because God told him "he" was the gold head in the idol he had a dream about. In other words . . .God said he was this great man, so, like the beastly nature he represents, he turned the attention from who God was, to who "he" was. When dealing with human nature (carnality) it's all about the ego of man.

How often does our own nature demand our full attention? It's not because it's needy, it's because it's selfish. My "Self" is self-ish . . .imagine that! But godliness bows down to no "man". As ol Nebb is about to find out. All logic, all reason, all morality, knowledge, natural understanding, mental capacities, thoughts, everything carnal bows to the mind of man. We've even convinced ourselves we can control the level of the oceans, the frequency of the hurricanes, the activity of volcanoes! How great man is!! All hail to the man!!

All except . . .God is my judge and his three friends that he confides in. It only solidifies in me the fact that in order to enter into the spirit, we have to leave all aspects of our mind behind.

2 Daniel 3:7, 8 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:15 pm

cross-eyed

7 Therefore at that time, when all the people heard the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and all kinds of musick, all the people, the nations, and the languages, fell down and worshipped the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up.

8 Wherefore at that time certain Chaldeans came near, and accused the Jews

Okay, God speaks to my "self" and tells me I'm special and it goes to my head. I begin taking great measures making sure everyone and everything in me honors this decree by bowing down to my claims of how special I am. The spirit in me does not take part of my carnal desire of popularity and false importance. But it doesn't manifest it's power either. Why? Because I've turned my attention over to my "self" again. It's not that I have power to shut God off, but I do have power to fall out of alignment with his order in me. Remember? "Spirit" has dominion over flesh, the power is there, but if I don't exercise the power.

My Adam has power to rule over my Eve, she desires after me, she wants authority in me but it was given to my Adam to rule over her in me. Even the Cain in me was also given this same power . .. the same wording as was given to Eve, God extended it to Cain.

Genesis 3
16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Genesis 4
6 And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?

7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him

That same order is in all of us. Our soul desires after our spirit, it wants to have authority over who we are. My carnal man desires after my spirit man, it wants to supplant authority that was not given to it. Yet it still has the power to rule over "me" when "I" let it. That's what's going on with ol Neb here. God empowered him with a word of truth and he let it go to his head rather than his heart.

And in comes the Chaldeans . . .remember the definition of that? It's clod breaker . . . it's an earth dweller that lives in laboring fields of dirt within all of us. It is a manipulator and it's found a target. It works hand-in-hand with the carnal nature .. . it "is" the carnal nature. God molds us into "his" image and the Chaldeans in us come along and break apart what God fashioned.

Another key word in that last verse I posted in verse 8 states that the Chaldeans began "accusing". Ever do a word study on "satan" and "devil"? The actual word used for satan is merely adversary. And the word for devil is traducer . . .it's connected to "accuser". That kind of uncovers the role of the Chaldeans in us. It's their intent to malign the order of God in me by bringing false accusations of what I've chosen to embrace in God's declaration of who I am.

3 Daniel 3 9-18 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:16 pm

cross-eyed

9 They spake and said to the king Nebuchadnezzar, O king, live for ever.

10 Thou, O king, hast made a decree, that every man that shall hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, shall fall down and worship the golden image:

11 And whoso falleth not down and worshippeth, that he should be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace.

12 There are certain Jews whom thou hast set over the affairs of the province of Babylon, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego; these men, O king, have not regarded thee: they serve not thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

13 Then Nebuchadnezzar in his rage and fury commanded to bring Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Then they brought these men before the king.

14 Nebuchadnezzar spake and said unto them, Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, do not ye serve my gods, nor worship the golden image which I have set up?

15 Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?

16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.

17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.

18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

Anyone see anything in this one?

4 Re: Daniel 3 1-6 . . .Oh Boy!! on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:52 pm

cross-eyed

9 They spake and said to the king Nebuchadnezzar, O king, live for ever.

Who's inflating the kings ego here? In a way, you could say it's the kings sensory system. It's the people that keep the king in touch with the kingdom he reigns in. How would that apply to me "inwardly"? Well, the king is my old man, the carnal nature in me. The crown he/it wears in this sense is connected to the curse of the mind. It sets on one's "head", it attracts attention, it demands attention, as does the human ego.

To me, these guys in the kings inner circle represent the sensory system "in me". My ability to touch, taste, smell, hear and see . . .literally. These natural senses are directly connected to my minds logic and reason. All are also a protection system. They cater to my comfort. They're not spiritual, they're flesh. As my mind is flesh. They are all "under" the control of my mind just as these guys are under the kings control. Flesh will ALWAYS resist against the spirit. Flesh doesn't like to be disciplined.

This can get messy if we think about it too much because for me, it also is connected to our "sub-conscious" as well. We find ourselves doing things that we really didn't "plan" but we just did it out of reflex. And nine times out of ten, it was to protect our "self" from offense, from hurt feelings, from the possibility of humiliation. Our subconsciousness is often the culprit that creates the negative images of what "might" happen, but seldom ever does. But it doesn't matter if it does or not, the fact that it "could" is enough to motivate us to act to avoid the image being fulfilled. I think these guys under Nebuchadnezzar represent all of this. And it goes on inside every one of us on any given day. Where's our Daniel during this time? Where is the God is my judge?

12 There are certain Jews whom thou hast set over the affairs of the province of Babylon, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego; these men, O king, have not regarded thee: they serve not thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

13 Then Nebuchadnezzar in his rage and fury commanded to bring Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Then they brought these men before the king

I just had a conversation on facebook yesterday with a guy that told me if you took God out of the world, you would still be able to have morality. Because he knows a lot of people that don't serve God that are really nice people and they have very strong and healthy convictions.

Of course he feels that way, he doesn't believe in God either and his MIND has convinced him man has become this great entity all on his own merit. His chief advisers within him has led him to this understanding. What kind of advisers to you suppose brought him to that conclusion? The Chaldeans? Or the supporting staff of Daniel? And so the war begins.

But it's interesting that the king went into this rage. you would have thought that because "they" were placed in high command due to Daniel's personal request, that the king would have shown at least a "little" restraint against them, but immediately, the real Nebuchadnezzar came forth.

Flesh always rises against spirit. Can you say this NEVER happens in you? Ever had a carnal moment interrupt your most spiritual experience? If Spirit is greater than flesh, how is it that flesh seems to always be able to throw my spiritual side in the ditch all the time? Because "I" keep letting my flesh distract me from my spiritual identity. And it'll bind me up every time.

14 Nebuchadnezzar spake and said unto them, Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, do not ye serve my gods, nor worship the golden image which I have set up?

15 Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?

Carnal-ism in us also has no memory that it can LEARN from. It's only focused on NOW. It doesn't remember the goodness of how great God is, how he's brought us through the great famines in our lives and now , here's Ol Neb challenging them where their God is. Seek and ye shall find, God was about to show up.

You know, that's why our mind projects these negative images of what "could" happen. Our mind is not an optimist. Carnal desire doesn't foresee where the immediate choices are going to lead us. It only cares about the here and now.

5 My Battle Cry!! on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:58 pm

cross-eyed

16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.

17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.

18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

Reading this just makes my heart sing. "This" is what faith is all about. I KNOW God is able to deliver, but even if he doesn't, it won't change my opinion of my Father one iota! That resonates through my entire being. It's been something I've held on to with white knuckles at times because outward appearances were getting louder and louder and my head wanted to just shout out "I give up!!!" But this verse would then slip out into the forefront and calm the storm within me.

What goes on around us doesn't matter nearly as much as we let on. When you let all of that noise get too close to you, it drowns out the sound of life within you. But if you yield yourself to the sound of truth and light, it'll carry you through any kind of temptation, torment or failure. The message isn't about the trials and tribulation in this world, the message is Christ has overcome this world and in that, we can rejoice even though we're still in the thick of things. I KNOW God can deliver me out of this, but even if he doesn't, I'll not bow down to the IMAGE-inations of my mind.

But where did that get them? It got them hog-tied and about to be bar-B-qued. But wait . . . things are not as they seem. But I digress . . .there's something in these verses that struck me but I forgot to address it. It was the first reaction Nebuchadnezzar had when he first brought them in to give them warning. The pattern of this sounds way too familiar . . .I'll use the Message Translation this time on the verse in question.

13-15 Furious, King Nebuchadnezzar ordered Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego to be brought in. When the men were brought in, Nebuchadnezzar asked, “Is it true, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, that you don’t respect my gods and refuse to worship the gold statue that I have set up? I’m giving you a second chance—but from now on, when the big band strikes up you must go to your knees and worship the statue I have made. If you don’t worship it, you will be pitched into a roaring furnace, no questions asked. Who is the god who can rescue you from my power?”

Is it just me, or does this sound A LOT like the rhetoric the church puts it's members through today . . .forget the members, just the general public. They claim to have found the way to Truth and Life, but if you don't take the same road, then to hell with you. . .literally. Could it be that this dimensional picture of Nebuchadnezzar is also a picture of the church?

It has it's own advisor board of directors giving it instruction and advice. It's created it's own warped image of what was originally a promise ushered down to us in love and intimacy, only to become twisted, perverted and abused. She's inflated the original promise with so much pomp and circumstance that she basks in her own glory and challenges anyone to question her motives and ethics. And those that do, they are bound and cursed and openly shamed and dishonored.

We had a couple come to our church that experienced this very thing. They were beginning to notice their church was a series of groups of people that were in sort of "clicks" and the couple didn't fit in with any of them. But they had family attending the church and they wanted to be with them, but it was just getting to uncomfortable for them so they left.

But what they didn't know until later, from the family members that were still attending, was that the pastor of the church actually singled them out and told his congregation to no longer communicate with them. And they literally did just that. They would see them at Wal-mart and the other person would literally turn their back to them until they went away. It was such a sad thing to see happen to such a sweet elderly couple. But it happens every day in more churches then we'd care to believe.

You hear churches preach fiery sermons about a Jezebel spirit that needs to be removed from the church . . .but what they're blind to is the Nebuchadnezzar ruling in their hearts that's distracting them from this truth by getting them all stirred up over a Jezebel, when noone really knows what one is if they "did" see one. Smoke and mirrors, that's how carnality works inside us . . .smoke and mirrors.

19 Then was Nebuchadnezzar full of fury, and the form of his visage was changed against Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: therefore he spake, and commanded that they should heat the furnace one seven times more than it was wont to be heated.

20 And he commanded the most mighty men that were in his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, and to cast them into the burning fiery furnace.

21 Then these men were bound in their coats, their hosen, and their hats, and their other garments, and were cast into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.

22 Therefore because the king's commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flames of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.

23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.

I'm out of time, i'll play with this some more tomorrow. Smile

6 Re: Daniel 3 1-6 . . .Oh Boy!! on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:47 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
I just want to say one thing about everything you write, it inspires me to always examine myself in anything I say and do especially what I say, for it is what comes out of the mouth that defiles the man.

Thank you Lord for revealing these things to me through Nathan

Jugg

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

7 Re: Daniel 3 1-6 . . .Oh Boy!! on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:15 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Nathan, I too can't tell you what a Joy it is reading these things, the way you have at explaining the situation that's going on, is .........nothing less than Poetic. You are literally re-writing the book, by The Spirit of God, and I am enjoying it so much.

It's kinda like being a part of a football team......
When one of your teammates is running for a touchdown, you don't stop him and say I'll take it from here, you let him run with it.

That's why I've not posted, your running with this thing and I for one am not about to interfere with it.

But I gotta say there has been some "moves" Smile .... and such, that has had me cheering you on, that is worth repeating such as:

To me, these guys in the kings inner circle represent the sensory system "in me". My ability to touch, taste, smell, hear and see . . .literally. These natural senses are directly connected to my minds logic and reason. All are also a protection system. They cater to my comfort. They're not spiritual, they're flesh. As my mind is flesh. They are all "under" the control of my mind just as these guys are under the kings control. Flesh will ALWAYS resist against the spirit. Flesh doesn't like to be disciplined.

This can get messy if we think about it too much because for me, it also is connected to our "sub-conscious" as well. We find ourselves doing things that we really didn't "plan" but we just did it out of reflex. And nine times out of ten, it was to protect our "self" from offense, from hurt feelings, from the possibility of humiliation. Our subconsciousness is often the culprit that creates the negative images of what "might" happen, but seldom ever does. But it doesn't matter if it does or not, the fact that it "could" is enough to motivate us to act to avoid the image being fulfilled. I think these guys under Nebuchadnezzar represent all of this. And it goes on inside every one of us on any given day. Where's our Daniel during this time? Where is the God is my judge?

Touchdown !!

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

8 Re: Daniel 3 1-6 . . .Oh Boy!! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:56 pm

cross-eyed

I appreciate you sharing that . . .I'm going into this a bit blind in the sense I don't know if anyone is interested in reading it or if anyone is getting anything out of it. But at the same time, just writing out my thought process and seeing things form for the first time in my own heart is a rush in and of itself.

I've missed being able to do this. This was how I conducted our bible studies when I was still in the church. It takes a long time to get through a book, but there's just so much there that it's well worth the time to just take it slow and if something doesn't fit, lay it aside and check later to see if I've grown in any way for it to fit later on. In the end, everything fits into everything else. it makes it a bit of a challenge to stay on point, but I wouldn't have it any other way!!

I was out yesterday . .. didn't get on the computer at all. I don't have time to add anything on right now either, but on my next break, I plan on picking things up again. Thanks again for the encouraging words. God is good!!

9 Crank up the heat! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:57 pm

cross-eyed

19 Then was Nebuchadnezzar full of fury, and the form of his visage was changed against Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: therefore he spake, and commanded that they should heat the furnace one seven times more than it was wont to be heated.

20 And he commanded the most mighty men that were in his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, and to cast them into the burning fiery furnace.

21 Then these men were bound in their coats, their hosen, and their hats, and their other garments, and were cast into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.

22 Therefore because the king's commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flames of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.

23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace

Ever wonder how they knew it was seven times hotter? Did they have a thermostat? Sometimes the symbolism is so loud it deafens us from hearing it. Think about what's about to transpire here. This is no ordinary fire . . . this is a "burning-bush" kind of fire. This fire is one of fulfillment and completion. The kind that NO MAN can touch without invoking death. But these guys weren't your ordinary men either. They were the extended character of God speaking to a godless nation.

And like any godless nature, it's first reflex is to kill what it can't control. But this fire isn't trying to bring control, it's about to bring freedom. "This" isn't about a fiery furnace, this is the lake of fire that Revelation speaks of. It's purpose is not to destroy man, but to set him free. The didn't just throw these guys in the fire, they bound them up first. Again, that's exactly what your carnal nature wants to do to your spirit man in you.

But he who the son sets free . . .free from what? Addictions . . .bondages . . .all the fire destroyed that day was their bonds. Send the fire!!!!

10 Re: Daniel 3 1-6 . . .Oh Boy!! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:09 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
cross-eyed wrote:

What spoke to me was they were bound in their ..... but it was not the men who threw them in doing the binding .... it was God, in that He bound them in the righteousness of Christ (coats) bound in the walk of Christ (hosen) bound in the mind of Christ (hats) and I am sure we can understand also what the rest of the garments might represent.

Last edited by jugghead on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

11 Re: Daniel 3 1-6 . . .Oh Boy!! on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:04 pm

cross-eyed

Yeah, I thought the wording there was interesting . . .they were "bound" in garments . . .I may have to look that up tomorrow to see if there's a hidden jewel there.

12 Re: Daniel 3 1-6 . . .Oh Boy!! on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:44 pm

cross-eyed

I looked it up, it means to bind. Got me to thinking. Have you ever had someone use your words against you? They "know" your principles won't allow you to react a certain way, say certain things, do certain things, so they purposefully provoke you, knowing that your principles will cause you to refrain from retaliation. These bad guys used the good guys' own covering to restrain them. Or so they thought.

On the surface, it may look like we're being abused by others due to what we embrace, but all they're throwing us into is a fire that purifies us even more . . .they may think they've got us bound and under their control, but the moment we enter into the fire, it is "we" who are free and "they" become dead.

If you're going to fall down, what better place than into the fire of God? It's what I've found myself repeating over and over again, especially when referring to the book of Revelation. God is not out to destroy men. He's out to destroy the "man" in men. Huge difference.

24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonished, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.

25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

26 Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the mouth of the burning fiery furnace, and spake, and said, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, ye servants of the most high God, come forth, and come hither. Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, came forth of the midst of the fire.

27 And the princes, governors, and captains, and the king's counsellors, being gathered together, saw these men, upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was an hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them.

The fourth man . . .Jesus wasn't just "in" the fire . . he "was" the fire. I wonder if they were hesitant about leaving the fire when Nebuchadnezzar was calling them back out. Hmmm . . .this fire had no power on their bodies. Perhaps it was due to the fact that the power was "in" their bodies? I find it also amusing that the last thing the king said before they were thrown in was "where is the god that will save you?" And now, he's identifying them as servants of the most high God. Interesting to see what a little fire can do to a carnal mindset. They "know" who God is, they just don't want to acknowledge that's who he is.

28 Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king's word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God.

29 Therefore I make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort.

30 Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, in the province of Babylon.

This sure sounds a lot like the same pattern that Moses experienced with Pharaoh. And the children of Israel through the book of Judges for that matter. When God manifested his presence, everyone gave him the honor only God deserves. But the moment an opportunity came for them to sustain that honor without a manifestation of his presence, they'd immediately revert to "their" own choices. It's not Pharaoh, Nebuchadnezzar, or the children of Israel that's to blame . . .but it's the carnality that governs them. That's why it doesn't matter what tent it's in, the pattern is always the same.

Just as the pattern of God's redemptive nature is always the same throughout all the stories as well. And it's also why it's so easy to apply it inwardly as well. The same carnality in "my" tent will follow the same pattern as the one in Nebuchadnezzar's tent. When we recognize the pattern in us, we can more readily take it captive.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum