APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:19 pm

LindaY

Since many have registered in the forum since it began and are using different usernames, please introduce yourself to everyone so that we can welcome you and it will help to continue the path that we first began on the previous forum.
Welcome, Thanks and Many Blessings to all who have come here!

2 Re: INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:26 pm

cross-eyed

Nathan is cross-eyed.

No seriously, both spiritually AND physically . . .that's why I have to wear glasses. (lazy eye) I prefer the spiritual alignment to be the predominant one however.

3 Re: INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:43 am

I AM that I AM

Seriously. cheers

4 Re: INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:08 pm

LindaY

Well, I know this is a little late for me but, I'm Yarli. All of you probably know this anyway but, just wanted to make sure. We are just trying to put everyone together with the email portions we all shared together before this was started.

5 Re: INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:37 pm

kpaulus

I'm Karen, from Wisconsin. Am enjoying reading all of the input. What a blessing! Smile

6 Re: INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:01 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
kpaulus wrote:I'm Karen, from Wisconsin. Am enjoying reading all of the input. What a blessing! Smile

Welcome Karen, were glad your here. Very Happy

Blessings

http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

7 Re: INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:12 pm

LindaY

Scherryl wrote:
kpaulus wrote:I'm Karen, from Wisconsin. Am enjoying reading all of the input. What a blessing! Smile

Welcome Karen, were glad your here. Very Happy

Blessings

Welcome from me too Karen, glad to have you here Smile

8 Re: INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:02 pm

LindaY

Hi Everyone!
I am not sure if you noticed or not but, we have had two new members recently. When they are registered we send them a message asking them to introduce themselves when they sign in so that they are not overlooked. I'm not trying to pressure anyone into speaking what they don't feel they should but rather, acknowledging their presence and giving them a warm welcome to A Place To Rest so they are not overlooked. So, having said that, once again, Welcome Aleema and Brooke!!! We are so glad to have you here and hope you find this rest you seek, as we all have and are finding.

Blessings and peace to you,
LindaY

9 Re: INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:53 pm

Hello all.

My name is Jeremy. I was invited here by Mr. Hibbs. We are friends in "real life". I have been active at tentmaker as redhotmagma for the past 2 years almost. So I've known Nathan for a little bit too. I have a wonderful wife Shay, and my daughter is Sophia, she is 7. I'm a chiropractor, I have my own practice, which I'm in the process of selling... along with pretty much everything else we own.

Let me start back at the beginning for you. When a mommy and daddy love each other very much... Just kidding, not that far back. I grew up in a christian home. Baptist background. I was very aware of the hypocrisy in the church from a young age. I remember being about 6 or 7 when I couldn't quite understand why everyone said that drinking wine was a sin, but then Jesus turned water to wine, drank wine etc. Also a disheveled person came into church after the service one day as everyone was talking. I'm pretty sure nobody even went and talked with him. Yeah that stuck out. Fast forward, through teenage rebellion and college, I came back to "church". I had never left God, not that I could, but I got back on the program. I was a good christian. I was a small group leader, helped out in the nursery, tithed etc.

Then something began to change. I began to grow discontented with things in general. I was big into politics a republican. I listened to Rush Limbaugh the whole nine yards. I was your poster boy for american evangelical. Suddenly it began to sound like noise to me. I began to see through some of it. My life was planned out. My practice was growing at a good pace, I was making good money, worked great hours. I had the american dream. But I realized that it was empty. I began to search for what was missing. I had always believed in God. I think the gift of Faith one of my stronger gifttings. I began to lament over my lack of growth. And after the lack of power in the church. I'd read about the apostles and such and say where is that? We were taught that the gifts had seceded but I wasn't so sure. I was open to charisma, but not to charismatic churches. I had tasted too much bitter fruit from there. Anyway, I began praying and asking God what I was missing. Why couldn't I submit my entire self to Him. Why didn't I have the power to overcome sin in my life. What was holding me back? Was it sin in my life? Was it my business? Money? Pleasure? I asked, cried, prayed, demanded for a couple weeks. What was holding me back? I heard nothing. Which had been a good summation of my walk with God. I had believed, truly believed. But where was this relationship that I hear of? or the power? It was a chore to read my bible or pray. It was pretty much one sided. Oh I had heard His voice a few times when I was younger, and maybe some things that I passed off as my thoughts, or my mind, but for the most part there was no relationship. Here I am stuck with the gift of Faith, and not being able to even walk away from Him because I was mad. I knew He was real and loved me.

Finally I came to my end. I couldn't go on with life anymore. So I cried "I don't care what's holding me back, I give everything to you" And at that moment I submitted all of me. And I was taken in a vision to a cave in a mountain. I was walking out of the pitch-black cave. At the edge of the cave was a cliff. And me submitting required me to walk off the edge. So I did. I fell into HIM. He was all there was outside the cave. He filled the entire world as far as I could tell. It was like being on the edge of the sun. I fell but didn't fall. I was laid bare before Him. My entire life was examined. And as I died in His presence He made me alive. I'd fall over, but He'd stand me back up. This went on and on as each part of me was purified. I felt His fire burn through me, and it hurt so good. It was shameful to be open before Him, but He did not condemn even a bit. It was all love until finally I could stand on my two feet.

I then found myself back in my living room. And at that exact moment I opened my eyes. A "word" was implanted in my inner mind. The word was eternal. And it had a question. Is hell eternal? You see this word was not written in any script I've ever seen. My best description was a 3D object. It was green and the letters looked like some alien letters. Anyway it was more than a word, I'd say it was more like the icon to a software program that had been implanted in me. (I've just come to realize that part in the last 2 days). So I did a google search of "is hell eternal?", ended up at tentmaker. My heart knew it was true immediately, but my mind needed convincing. So I spent 10+ hours a day for about a month before I could say "I believe Jesus is the savior of all people". I told my wife and a few scriptures were all she needed. She had already seen the change in me, that she knew, and her heart is so beautiful that she was ripe for the truth.

We both heard right away that we were going to be living as missionaries. We were ready. We waited. But the call didn't come. Well I think God's timing is usually right Laughing and we weren't ready.

After a couple months of being on tentmaker and having read practically every post on there I began to notice these crazy posts coming from these few people on there. Well I'd noticed them, but I just skimmed over them. I started to read them, but couldn't make any sense of it. They talked about the woman soul, the beast, the sons. I asked questions but still was quite reserved. But I had also been pretty sure that eternal torture was true for a long while so I stayed open. Then I read "experiencing the tabernacle" by Nathan. I started to see but still thought oh, those kingdom things are an interesting side thing, but what does that really have to do with me?

I had been studying paganism, and idolatry. I was trying to figure out where they got their info from. Was it satan, or manmade, or some truth etc. I decided to look up "now we see through a glass darkly".

The literal interpretation is: for now we see in a mirror an enigma

When I read that it was like a flood of information came over me. I had just been given the cypher to decrypt more of the program that had been implanted in me. My theory of paganism was that the cherubim stationed outside eden were the prototype of all the pagan gods. And I still believe that to be true except on a different level. The word enigma was a loaded word, kind of like Logos. It had "baggage" with it. The enigma of the sphinx was well known in the ancient world. It was the most popular riddle in human history. You know what the answer to the riddle is? a man. So back to the enigma in the mirror. So when we look into the other side, its through a mirror. And what do we see but a riddle, an enigma. I would wager that if you played the association game back in early AD, and said enigma, most people would say sphinx. When you look in the mirror you are puzzled because you see a sphinx, or a cherub. Then I looked at the word mirror. And the word is esoptron. Its "eis" which is into +"optanomai" which is to behold something remarkable. And if you look at the usage of optanomai you see it is almost always of seeing the risen Jesus.

And thats how I fell into the rabbit hole of "kingdom". Then one day I thought, why not search for "universal reconciliation Detroit". I had not even thought of doing that before this and that was a year after I'd come to the understanding of UR. So I met a guy who had a little website, and we decided to meet. He invited Hibbs and his wife over, probably because he was worried I might be a murderer or something Very Happy. We've since become friends, and are part of a small home ecclesia. Right at the end of June of this year, I received the go ahead from God. We haven't been told where, when, what, why, how. Just sell all that you have, then I will show you the next step.

And thats where we are right now. We're getting lean. Ready to move. We don't know anything else, except sell all.

Well thats longer than I meant it to be, but at least I finished my train of thought, I'll warn you all in advance, I may start a post on one topic and all of the sudden completely forget what I was originally typing about and end with some completely different.

Jeremy

10 Re: INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:57 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Welcome Jeremy,

Wow, now that's what I call an introduction!
This is great, I wish all would intro. themselves like this.
Thank you Jeremy for letting us see into journey with Him.
I look forward to our conversations, and hope you feel at Rest in Him here with all of us.

Many Blessings upon you and your Family,
And again Welcome.

http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

11 Re: INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:14 pm

Long2JC

Welcome Jeremy,

Do doubt about it, you are off the deep end and will fit right in here. Again welcome.

-John-

12 Re: INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:52 pm

thanks for the welcome guys. A couple notes to my book I wrote for ya. When I say missionaries, I don't know if thats the best way to describe it. I don't know if we're going anywhere. But we are devoting our life to bringing the kingdom to wherever we are. Feeding, healing, loving.

Also I don't know if I made it clear in my intro, but the answer to what was holding me back, was Gods character, or at least His supposed character. How could I devote myself to a guy who tortures His kids. A few weeks after the revelation of reconciliation came, I had a huge confirmation. I was getting ready to have another office in with a holistic MD. She was weird, something just a little off. She was a very competent doctor, but I couldn't refer my patients to her. The day before I started there, I went and got the key. I felt a heaviness about being there. I prayed that night that God would show me if that wasn't what I was to do. The next morning I woke to find an email that they wanted more money for rent. I was supposed to start seeing patients that day. That was all I needed. I called it off, canceled my patients, and gave them the key back. Later that weekend I was telling our friends that something was just off, and I couldn't refer to her. I realized that the whole situation was a parable of my inability to refer my friends to God. I never wanted to evangelize, because I was afraid the subject of hell would come up. Even though I towed the company line, it never set well.

13 Re: INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:16 am

I see a brother already in two posts. Welcome, Jeremy.

14 Re: INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:53 am

cross-eyed

Welcome aboard Jeremy!! And I had the same experience as you when it came to witnessing. I wasn't sold on the church system either so telling others about Jesus just felt . . .fake. I was trying to sell something that I myself wasn't convinced was the real thing. I felt that "I" was an exception because I was raised in a church and it was normal for me to hear the sermons and sing the songs. But should any friend of mine that "did" happen to want to check us out, come and actually show any interest . . .it would just flabberghast me. there is a sense of security in the pews that people tend to be drawn to. Church can often bring "structure" to a life full of chaos.

But like law, the church can't lead a person "in" the kingdom, the best the religious system can do is lead you to it. And I'd be thrilled if most churches could do at least that much, but most don't. Most drag you into a ditch and claim it to be the middle of the road.

But now? Now I realize that when I verbally witness to another, it's not actually where the conversation started. In most cases, the conversation started by the other person approaching "me" due to the actions I manifest. My "verbal" witnessing is merely the second veil of relationship leading another person into the holy of holies . . .where they can have a PERSONAL experience of their own.

Revelation comes through relationship. Depth of his truths comes through personal intimacy. Telling a stranger that Jesus died for their sins to give them an "option" of choosing heaven over hell . . .it just . . .seems fake again.

Now, telling someone who is in their own muddy rut-filled ditch that regardless of their inability to stay on the high and narrow road, that grace is greater in their failure than in their success . . . "that's" something not only I "can" do, but I LOVE doing it!!

Telling people who have already convinced themselves they're unworthy that they've already been considered worthy and the cross isn't an option to skip hell or gain heaven, but it's the solution that HAS freed them . . . the very awareness of that fact is what "lifts" (as opposed to drag) them out of the ditch and "places" them in the center of the road again.

It's exactly as Todd stated in another thread . . .it's not about what we do, it's about who He is that has made us who we are!!

15 Re: INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:04 pm

LindaY

Hi Jeremy! Welcome to the forum! It's funny how we can relate to others experiences here and there in so many ways. Loved your message and am so glad you're here! Smile cheers

16 Re: INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Rosered

cross-eyed wrote:Nathan is cross-eyed.

No seriously, both spiritually AND physically . . .that's why I have to wear glasses. (lazy eye) I prefer the spiritual alignment to be the predominant one however.

I love this Bro Nate
You know I just now read this , but my first thought when seeing you Cross -eyed was He sees the Cross of Jesus Christ and Him crucified , Like Paul states in faith also

cool play on word meanings Smile

17 Re: INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:23 pm

Rosered

Hello all.

My name is Jeremy. I was invited here by Mr. Hibbs. We are friends in "real life". I have been active at tentmaker as redhotmagma for the past 2 years almost. So I've known Nathan for a little bit too. I have a wonderful wife Shay, and my daughter is Sophia, she is 7. I'm a chiropractor, I have my own practice, which I'm in the process of selling... along with pretty much everything else we own.

Let me start back at the beginning for you. When a mommy and daddy love each other very much... Just kidding, not that far back. I grew up in a christian home. Baptist background. I was very aware of the hypocrisy in the church from a young age. I remember being about 6 or 7 when I couldn't quite understand why everyone said that drinking wine was a sin, but then Jesus turned water to wine, drank wine etc. Also a disheveled person came into church after the service one day as everyone was talking. I'm pretty sure nobody even went and talked with him. Yeah that stuck out. Fast forward, through teenage rebellion and college, I came back to "church". I had never left God, not that I could, but I got back on the program. I was a good christian. I was a small group leader, helped out in the nursery, tithed etc.

wow Jeremy redhotmagma !
lovely , Didnt want to post the whole thing , but awesome !!!!! It is because of you I am here in a round about way
cheers God bless you and yours

18 Re: INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:32 pm

Rosered

Hi I am Rose
and rosered is had for awhile on forums
My sister Shelia , its the one who introduced me to UR as the LORD introduced her to us into our lives after our brother died , the Lord sent her to us shortly , we bonded and now its just her and I left we experienced alot of death/ loss this past year
our Dad passed 6 years ago , we just lost our sister Pam a year ago to a brain tumor and my mom her step mom died in Dec
and other losses , we count it all as loss to gain Christ , knowing they are all in the better place now

Just glad to be amongst friends again

19 Re: INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:51 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
Rosered wrote:

wow Jeremy redhotmagma !
lovely , Didnt want to post the whole thing , but awesome !!!!! It is because of you I am here in a round about way
cheers God bless you and yours

I would also like to repeat what Rose said here, I never knew that and would like to say to you Jeremy, when I was at Tent, you influenced my way of thinking greatly.

Or should I say, Christ "in" you, through you, influenced me greatly.

And if anyone's wondering why I never introduced myself here, Jugghead was kinda self explanatory, Very Happy but for those who don't know, I'm Rick.

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

20 Re: INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:57 am

jugghead wrote:

I would also like to repeat what Rose said here, I never knew that and would like to say to you Jeremy, when I was at Tent, you influenced my way of thinking greatly.

Or should I say, Christ "in" you, through you, influenced me greatly.

And if anyone's wondering why I never introduced myself here, Jugghead was kinda self explanatory, Very Happy but for those who don't know, I'm Rick.

Thanks for that bro! Sometimes I wonder if anyone hears what I'm saying there. I know God is faithful that He will water the seed, but sometimes I'm like Thomas (ok often) and I need to see.

You have blessed me too my friend, along with these 3 ladies joining us. (and all the regulars here of course). I'm so excited to see the Lord move here.

21 Re: INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:35 pm

cross-eyed

I'd like to take advantage of this moment and reinstate the request that ANY of you guys that know of someone who has the same hunger for the dimensions of the Father and love sharing, conversing, clarifying, but not sparring, jousting, bully-debating . . . feel free to invite them in!

This "is" open to any who are interested, but closed to just anyone passing by but wants to start an argument or debate. I didn't come up with the name of the forum, I believe the credit there goes to Scherryl, but I do love how it truly is our identity here. And I take it to heart and as an Admin. to the forum and a steward to this garden God has created for us, I want to do everything I can to keep this atmosphere a healthy, healing one.

It's a place where you can be free to share where you are in the Father, different, same or otherwise, and yet feel what it's like to be "one" with the Father through this family at the same time. None of us here are out to "change" the minds of others, we're merely sharing what God reveals and the fruit from that is received by others who are hungry.

If I really think you're wrong about something . . . be assured I'm not going to be the one to tell you I think you're wrong. It doesn't matter who is and isn't here. Enforcing right and wrong come from the tree of knowledge, the one Adam was supposed to stay away from. I respect where you are in your relationship with the Father and in doing so, that allows you to not only live and move, but also to have YOUR being in Him.

I've been wrong too many times to think that I'm the only one right here. There's so much more freedom in just laying all that down and pursuing unity . . oneness in the Father. I left Tent for the same reason as many of you, the time came, in my relationship with the Father when he transformed my weapons into plowshares and the warfare with other brothers lost it's luster and carried no life for me anymore.

But I praise God every day for you guys who God touched through what "was" written that brought you here . . .brought US here today to just embrace him as a family that flows and grows in the REST of is presence.

22 Re: INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:02 am

Holly1

Wow, well I'm glad I read that Nathan, I was pondering if I should/could invite one or two others that I know would love this place so I think I will.

I am just loving it here. Smile

23 Hi, I'm Sheila on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:53 pm

srichard

I feel like such a clumsy oaf. Still trying to find my

way around. If I wasn't so computor challenged I would

have realized about this section and already have done this

the right way, introduced myself,instead of 'jumping in"

I look forward to getting to know you all.

I still have a lot more reading to do...

I am Rose's sister, I live in sw Indiana...

Love to you all......

24 Re: INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:48 pm

Holly1

Love you clumsy oaf. Wink

25 Re: INTRODUCTIONS OF MEMBERS on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:06 pm

cross-eyed

I'm with Holly . . .we could use more clumsy oafs like you around!! Glad you survived the journey crossing over to Rest.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum