APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just something to Ponder

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Just something to Ponder on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:11 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Eze 44:15 But the priests the Levites, the sons of Zadok, that kept the charge of my sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me, they shall come near to me to minister unto me, and they shall stand before me to offer unto me the fat and the blood, saith the Lord GOD:
Eze 44:16 They shall enter into my sanctuary, and they shall come near to my table, to minister unto me, and they shall keep my charge.
Eze 44:17 And it shall come to pass, that when they enter in at the gates of the inner court, they shall be clothed with linen garments; and no wool shall come upon them, whiles they minister in the gates of the inner court, and within.

Key Verse in Particular

Eze 44:18 They shall have linen bonnets upon their heads, and shall have linen breeches upon their loins; they shall not gird themselves with any thing that causeth sweat.

Do we know why, this says they shall not be clothed with anything that causes Sweat? I would like to hear what ya'll see in this.

This is another one of those treasures found in Scripture. Smile

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

2 Re: Just something to Ponder on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:27 pm

Sweat reeks of work. When we come to this place of fellowship with our Lord, it is not so that we can minister to any of God's needs, but so that He can fill us.

Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works: "BLESSED ARE THOSE WHOSE LAWLESS DEEDS ARE FORGIVEN, AND WHOSE SINS ARE COVERED; BLESSED IS THE MAN TO WHOM THE LORD SHALL NOT IMPUTE SIN."
(Rom 4:4-8 NKJV)

To fill this place with our own sweat could be exactly what He is referring to as the abomination of desolation standing in the Holy place (where it does not belong). If we can see any signs of this beast in our own hearts, then it's time to run--not walk--to Jesus. If we can't it means that we're blind for the moment.

3 Re: Just something to Ponder on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:38 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Yes, I agree with this statement;

Sweat reeks of work. When we come to this place of fellowship with our Lord, it is not so that we can minister to any of God's needs, but so that He can fill us.

These are the only three times that their mentioned in scripture.

Gen_3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Eze_44:18 They shall have linen bonnets upon their heads, and shall have linen breeches upon their loins; they shall not gird themselves with any thing that causeth sweat.

Luk_22:44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

The only way to enter in is through Resting in The Finished Work of Christ Jesus. For when we are at Rest we don't Sweat.

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

4 Re: Just something to Ponder on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:23 pm

todosan

We are admonished in hebrews 4 to "not fail to enter the rest of God".

The wool is a type of rest, in which is takes away the sweat of course. It is however, a type of earthly ministry. The linen garment is the resurrected body. It is clothd in righteousness and is differen than the outer court ministry.

These passages speak of the ministry post-first-ressurection also. Zadok means righteousness, prophesying of the ministry coming like Jesus walked after he was resurrected.

5 Re: Just something to Ponder on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:31 pm

cross-eyed

Yup, yup, yup!! The only place we're called to do any labor is again in Hebrews 4 where it speaks of laboring to enter into his Rest.

It's not about physical rest as we all know, it's about spiritual peace . . .experiencing the "person" of Rest.

Great stuff!!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum