APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tape Fourteen

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tape Fourteen on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:59 pm

cross-eyed

Quick Reminder of Our New Approach
As we progress through this book, it’s important to be reminded that we’re not taking this from a traditional or denominational perspective. As the Word has stated, the traditions of men have made the word of God ineffective. And as we’ve come to realize that much of what we’ve been taught through the years of tradition is erroneous and really has no biblical basis at all.

We are now truly letting Scripture interpret itself instead of inserting what we perceive it to mean, we are using original patterns that God established in earlier centuries and we’ve applied those patterns to the pattern that Revelation is laying out. As a result, we’re learning that we’ve been watching for things that have already happened and at the same time, we’re not recognizing things that are happening now that we don’t even comprehend, or haven’t comprehended until now.

Mark 7
10For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death: 11But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free. 12And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother; 13Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

10Moses said, "Respect your father and mother,' and, "Anyone denouncing father or mother should be killed.' 11But you weasel out of that by saying that it's perfectly acceptable to say to father or mother, "Gift! What I owed you I've given as a gift to God,' 12thus relieving yourselves of obligation to father or mother. 13You scratch out God's Word and scrawl a whim in its place. You do a lot of things like this."

Revelation 11
1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. 2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. 3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. 4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. 5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. 6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

Zechariah 4
1The Messenger-Angel again called me to attention. It was like being wakened out of deep sleep. 2He said, "What do you see?" I answered, "I see a lampstand of solid gold with a bowl on top. Seven lamps, each with seven spouts, are set on the bowl. 3And there are two olive trees, one on either side of the bowl." 14Then he said to me, "They represent the two anointed ones who assist the Lord of all the earth."

Editor’s Note
In looking up the word “anointed” I learned that in all of the old testament, this word was ALWAYS used for the word “oil” except for here. In every other instance where the word “anointed” is used, it’s a different Hebrew word. It is mashach {maw-shakh') which means to smear, anoint, spread a liquid. But not here, here it’s yitshar {yits-hawr'} which means shining, pure oil. Oil is symbolic for anointed. Who is a male child that was anointed by God and sent as an angel is sent, to the earth to prepare the way for mankind to be led into God’s presence without sin? Christ. This is in line with the first verse of the first chapter of Revelation. Isn’t that easier to grasp than the futuristic approach that the mainline churches defend?

In this picture of Zechariah, it is showing that the ministry is not keeping the temple active and alive as in the Old Law. But it is Jesus, the two olive trees that pour out the anointing, the oil that the flames of the lamp are eternally burning, which again is the purifying character of Christ.

Remember, by “eternal” we’re not referring to a measure of time, but a dimension of Christ. Here in Revelation, the two witnesses then are not Elijah or Moses brought back from the past to get the world’s attention through their works, but it is a picture of Jesus and the ministry he accomplished for the three and a half years he was establishing his kingdom. It was he who was murdered, it was he who walked through the streets, shedding his blood. He was he who was resurrected through the call of his father “come up here.”

Secondly, the number 2 in Scripture signifies “witness” you have an anointed witness. Jesus himself said that he was the “faithful witness”. These two olive trees are Christ. They are not two men who have either died and are being used again, nor are they two men that never experienced death, this is a revelation of Jesus Christ. These are all different perspectives of who Jesus is. They are different dimensions, or characteristics, all of which point to Christ.
End of Note

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, [who is] the faithful witness, [and] the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Let Scripture Interpret For You
We’ll pause here for a moment because we have certainly already read a mouthful. This is also a good place to reassure you that every thing we come across in this book, especially concerning things that are not familiar to us, has it’s origin in the Old Testament which is how we let Scripture interpret itself. We’re not left to interpret these things without the original script that God laid out first in the Old Testament. It is by that script that he communicates to us through these images we see here.

Hebrews 8:5
5They serve in a place of worship that is only a copy, a shadow of the real one in heaven. For when Moses was getting ready to build the Tabernacle, God gave him this warning: "Be sure that you make everything according to the design I have shown you here on the mountain

Hebrews 10:1
1For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

Similar Setting In Ezekiel
In the first two verses of the main text of Revelation 11, there is a passage in Ezekiel chapters 40 through 43 that have a very similar situation of what we’re seeing here to measure the temple. What temple is John referring to here? Is this temple one that is supposedly yet to be built like many people assume and have taught? It is taught that the Jews are going to rebuild the temple the Romans demolished in A. D. 70 and the antichrist is going to stand on the very place where animal sacrifices will resume and he’s going to defile it. This has been a teaching where the reinstating of the old sacrificial system is the focus of the church.

Not a Physical Temple
But this isn’t that temple. The temple that contained all of that, the animals being sacrificed, the table of showbread, golden candlestick and so on, while those things are extremely significant to us and we can not ignore them and we can not say they don’t have spiritual insight. Scripture says in Hebrews that everything that happened in the tabernacle of Moses and Solomon are actually types and shadows, but not the whole truth.

But the truth is that we, as the Israel of God, we are called the Israel of God in Galatians, we are not waiting for natural Israel to rebuild the temple and reinstitute sacrifice and a priesthood system. This isn’t my opinion or interpretation, the reason why I know this is because Hebrews 9 tells us Jesus was the sacrifice given once and for all. And when the veil was torn in the temple from top to bottom he exposed his most secretive place to all who call on His name.

Not Made With Human Hands
And now in Acts 7 we read that he doesn’t live in a temple made with hands, but a temple “not” made with hands. So the temple that John sees is not a temple that was made with hands. It’s not about a piece of real estate in the middle east. It’s about you. “Know you not that your body is a temple of the Holy Ghost?” 1 Corinthians 3. That’s the temple that John is referring to here. We need to keep this at the front of the table as we move through this book. John is in the spirit, seeing a spiritual temple not built by human hands. John is not in the spirit seeing natural things.

Remember that everything we’re seeing here in this book has derived or originated from the Holy of Holies of the spiritual temple in the realm of God. In Revelation 4 we saw John being called to go through a door and as he did, he saw the articles of the temple. And now again, we see he is still in the temple and he’s being handed a measuring rod to actually measure the size of the temple. And we see here in verses one and two again, there’s a distinction between the courts. There’s an outer court and an inner court. But John is instructed to refrain from measuring the outer court. This is not saying there is no outer court, this is saying it wasn’t to be measured.

Measuring the Altar
He’s just to measure the inner court. There are a couple applications to this we want to examine. He’s instructed to measure the temple and the altar, but this altar is not the altar in the outer court where there is animal sacrifice. It’s the other altar that stands before the veil, which now is no longer, but this is the altar that John is referring to, the altar of incense. The last piece of furniture that you would approach before going beyond the veil . . .and that was only once a year. So, why is he required to measure as Ezekiel did?

Eze 40:46
And the chamber whose prospect [is] toward the north [is] for the priests, the keepers of the charge of the altar: these [are] the sons of Zadok among the sons of Levi, which come near to the LORD to minister unto him.
Eze 43:19 And thou shalt give to the priests the Levites that be of the seed of Zadok, which approach unto me, to minister unto me, saith the Lord GOD, a young bullock for a sin offering.
Eze 44:15 But the priests the Levites, the sons of Zadok, that kept the charge of my sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me, they shall come near to me to minister unto me, and they shall stand before me to offer unto me the fat and the blood, saith the Lord GOD:
Eze 48:11 [It shall be] for the priests that are sanctified of the sons of Zadok; which have kept my charge, which went not astray when the children of Israel went astray, as the Levites went astray.

Zadok = Righteous
father of Jerusha, the wife of king Uzziah and mother of king Jotham of Judah

2 Kings 15
32In the second year of Pekah son of Remaliah king of Israel, Jotham son of Uzziah became king in Judah. 33He was twenty-five years old when he became king and reigned sixteen years in Jerusalem. His mother's name was Jerusha daughter of Zadok. 34He acted well in GOD's eyes, following in the steps of his father Uzziah. 35But he didn't interfere with the traffic to the neighborhood sex-and-religion shrines; they continued, as popular as ever. The construction of the High Gate to The Temple of GOD was his work. 36The rest of the life and times of Jotham, the record of his work, is written in The Chronicles of the Kings of Judah. 37It was during these years that GOD began sending Rezin king of Aram and Pekah son of Remaliah to attack Judah. 38Jotham died and joined his ancestors. They buried him in the family cemetery in the City of David. His son Ahaz was the next king.

Line of Zadok
If you take the time to read Ezekiel 40 – 43 you’ll be introduced to a group of people in the priesthood after the order of Zadok. Don’t let that confuse you or bog you down. Who is this Zadok priesthood? As you read those chapters you will find out that those in the line of Zadock were permitted to experience dimensions of worship that people from other parts of the priesthood could not. Some may argue “Doesn’t Scripture also say God is not a respecter of persons?’

It’s in Our Control
This is true, Acts 10 does state that he is not a respecter of persons, but also understand there are things that people do that disqualifies them from having experiences in dimensions in God because of their own choices. It doesn’t mean that they’re entirely cast out, but it means that they never pass beyond certain thresholds. They only come to certain places in God and they don’t move on any further because of their own wills, through ignorance, or stubbornness or whatever, they limit their own ability to receive all that God has to offer. That doesn’t mean they’re not apart.

The Inner Circle of the Family
I believe that God has shown a pattern of the fact that there is a church within a church. Some are closer to the Lord than others. Looking at the disciples for example, you’ll see of the twelve, three were mentioned much more often than the rest. Three were described to go to places with Jesus and see things about Jesus that the others were not allowed to see. Peter, James, and John. These guys were the only ones that had the priviledge to see Jesus on what we now call the mount of transfiguration, where they saw Jesus in his glorified state. But immediately following the incident, Jesus instructed them to tell no one, seal that book until the proper time.

Then there’s the bride that Jesus speaks about. There are 10 virgins, 5 wise and 5 foolish, but there’s only one bride. Then there are friends of the bridegroom spoken of in John the Baptist ministry. There’s always been a tending ministry but I don’t want to be just a part of the wedding party. I’m not interested in showing up at church and being a peripheral pew potato. I want to be a part of that bride. Not just for the purpose of feeling like I’m exclusive, that’s not the issue at all. I want to carry his seed. I don’t want to just know about him, I want to “know” him! I want to lose my identity in him. I want to be consumed by him. I am the “ongoing” incarnation of Christ.

Many of us don’t understand our spiritual DNA. The reason many in the church appear to be little more than corpses is because we’ve been disconnected from the head of Christ. When you make that connection and you stop thinking with your natural mind and you begin to see and understand things with the mind of Christ, then suddenly you realize it’s not you anymore that lives, but it’s Christ in you.

Honoring the Anointed
So those of the lineage of the Zadock priesthood were able to go to spiritual places where other priests could not go. Reason being if you go all the way back to the days of David you’ll see there were parts of the priesthood that became disqualified that were a part of the whole priesthood system that were a reign of David as a result of them not being loyal to God’s anointed.

This is an area that needs to be taken seriously. Did you know that you could disqualify yourself and limit yourself and remain behind in certain dimensions of relationship with God because you are not loyal to those that are anointed in God. We can not just indiscriminately raise our voice against people and judge them anymore than David did Saul. When you do that you understand that even though they are a clay vessel they are God’s anointed. And by doing that you may be restricting yourself in how you can receive the intimate relationship-birthed revelations of God.

Some people have a problem with that but the truth is, it’s your decision. The Zaddok people remained loyal to David through the ups and downs of his kingdom and God saw and honored that even though the anointed was in the form of a clay vessel and made grave mistakes. God gave them privileges and he gave them permission not to just go into the courts but they were allowed to go into the inner sanctuary.

The Stress of Ministry
They weren’t to appear before him in anything that causes sweat, but to wear linen. It speaks of so many different things there, but there’s a priesthood today that puts themselves through such stress and toiling and sweat. But John is told not to measure the outer court, just the inner court.

Gentiles and Jews
John was allowed to be in the sanctuary, but the gentiles were going to over-run the outer court. This is not speaking of physical gentiles, but spiritual. Remember Paul tells us that it’s not a physical knife that makes a Jew circumcised. But it’s a spiritual cutting away of ungodly things in our lives. He goes on to say elsewhere that a Jew of the flesh isn’t what God honors, but it’s a Jew of the spirit. All who call on the name of the Lord are adopted as spiritual Jews. But those that remain as Gentiles are the ungodly and they do not have the ability to get past the veil that separates the inner court from the outer court.

Editor’s note – The Measuring Staff
I’ve been waiting as he goes through this passage for him to address one other detail to this measuring device. It’s referred to as a “staff”. In learning about the articles of the tabernacle and the fact that it was Aaron’s staff that was placed inside the ark, I’ve also learned that the staff symbolizes authority. This clearly fits in with what John is given. He’s given the authority to observe the inner boundaries of the dimensions of God. But because the ungodly are bent on defiling the outer court, the salvation and cleansing of a man’s soul to be twisted into something that not only resembles an alien being to Christ, but they’ve even defiled it all as well.
End of Note

In the outer court, the gentiles have chosen to try to be religious, remember they “are” visiting God’s temple so there is some acknowledgement of God’s existence, but they’re not able to gain any intimacy in Christ because of their shallow hearts and strong-willed minds. “Not by might, nor by power, but by his ‘Spirit’”. That’s why many people quit going to church now, the church just wears them out. They get wore out enough in the world, but then to come to church and then be forced to fall into some cookie-cutter Christian set of rules, after a while, they’ve had enough and they rebel all together. In fact, Daniel prophesied of this in his own book where he said that in the last days, the spirit of the antichrist will wear out the saints!

Dan 7:25
And he shall speak [great] words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Antichrist-Easy Yoke
We’ve been taught that the antichrist is some guy that’s going to be raised up in the middle east but the truth is, the antichrist is a religious spirit that is always trying to convince us that we have to do more and be more and it’s wearing us out! Jesus said “Take my yoke upon you for my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Whenever Christianity gets hard for you and you begin to feel wore out, remember that Jesus said his yoke is easy and his burden is light. If it becomes a battle, back off and rest in the truth of life. When you stop having fun, you’ve walked away from what God gave you and you’re walking in something that’s man-made.

Measuring My Outer Court
You can measure my outer court all you want to. You know why? It’s the unbelieving that needs to feel justified by measuring what I do and say because they’re on the outside looking in and it doesn’t fit their mindsets so they quickly want to put you in your place by throwing Scriptures at you that are not intended to build you up but to tear you down. But only those that have the spiritual understanding truly see the things that are worthy of measuring and when it’s done right, there’s no condemnation. It’s the religious spirit that brings the condemnation.

Measuring the Outer Court
See, just as the temple has three parts, so do we. My body is my outer court and my spirit is my Holy of Holies and my soul is my inner court. If you’re always judging me by the way I look and how I dress and my physical mannerisms, you are measuring my outer court. God’s not going to let you go any further into his court or dimensions of his spirit because it’s in the inner court where his revelations begin to flow.

CORINTHIANS 10
12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise 2

Denominational Measuring
They that measure themselves by themselves . . .are not wise. Does this sound familiar? Does this not sound like the denominations of men? Some stand up and say . .”we believe ‘this’.” And others stand and say “well, we don’t, we believe ‘that’.” And there’s this measuring going on. We’re Pentecostals and we believe in the gifts of the Spirit but the fundamental evangelicals across the street claim that it’s passed away and they measure themselves and consider themselves more intelligent and understanding of the word and we’re illiterate ignorant Pentecostals because we believe and practice in the gifts of the Spirit and so we’re all measuring ourselves but it’s all outer court stuff.

None of it is authorized to be measured because the stuff that really is worthy of measuring is in the inner court and it’s done by those that understand the constructive way to measure is to do nothing more than assess what’s there with no spirit of criticism or judgment. But yet we set in the outer courts, arguing over things that are not essential. Does this make sense?

Now that’s one application of it. See there’s only one measure. Only one. How many inches are there in a foot? 12. If I go to China, how many inches will be in a foot over there? How about Russia, or France? Will there only be 11? Or will there be 13? No, where ever you go, it will never change. It’s always going to be 12 inches. The standard is the same. So, what do we measure ourselves by? What is the true measure?

EPHESIANS 4
1In light of all this, here's what I want you to do. While I'm locked up here, a prisoner for the Master, I want you to get out there and walk--better yet, run!-on the road God called you to travel. I don't want any of you sitting around on your hands. I don't want anyone strolling off, down some path that goes nowhere. 2And mark that you do this with humility and discipline--not in fits and starts, but steadily, pouring yourselves out for each other in acts of love, 3alert at noticing differences and quick at mending fences. 4You were all called to travel on the same road and in the same direction, so stay together, both outwardly and inwardly. 5You have one Master, one faith, one baptism, 6one God and Father of all, who rules over all, works through all, and is present in all. Everything you are and think and do is permeated with Oneness.
7But that doesn't mean you should all look and speak and act the same. Out of the generosity of Christ, each of us is given his own gift.

Growing Up Instead of Going Up
We need to stop focusing on the Rapture drills every Sunday morning with the mindset of the traditional thinking on the subject. Instead of focusing on going up, we need to focus on growing up. The theme on all of Paul’s letters is never on getting out of here. But growing mature here, until we all come to the measure to the fullness of the stature of Christ. He’s waiting for a church to get beyond their adolescence. The church is like a 13-year old going on 25. We think we know it all and we haven’t even passed puberty yet. There hasn’t been enough spiritual genital development to even carry his seed. Like toddlers in a nursery fighting over toys.

Another application to the measuring of the court . . .

Revelation 11:1
1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein

This outer court where the Gentiles were, the irony is this, in the days when the temple stood the unbelieving, the Gentiles . . .we think that’s to mean non-Jewish. But it doesn’t, here we go again with comparing the natural Israel to those who are not born of that progeny. But again . .

.(Editor’s note) Being Consistent in Applying Patterns
I jumped the gun a bit on explaining the difference between a Jew and a Gentile. He’s explaining more on this that a Gentile here isn’t just a non-Jew, it’s an unbeliever versus a believer. But hopefully, this is already understood again that even the reference to a Jew and a Gentile is not to be taken physically, but with spiritual symbolism, be consistent. We started with symbols, we continue with them. Don’t jump out of the pattern and try to apply anything to a physical understanding, you’ll warp the truth and it’ll only confuse you because it won’t all fit. Any area that is applying to a physical event, is one that has already happened. Meaning, instead of trying to get it to fit our future, we need to understand it has already been fulfilled in the past.
End of Note

(Romans 9)
30What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; 31but Israel, who pursued a law of righteousness, has not attained it. 32Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the "stumbling stone." 33As it is written "See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

Gentiles Accepted, Jews Rejected Jesus
The irony of all of this, the whole thing has flipped. When they stood before Pilate and stated the curse of Jesus would be on their heads as well as their children, that turned the tables and the judgment of God came on them and Luke 24 speaks about Jerusalem being trodden underfoot, the same terminology, the holy city and the destruction of Jerusalem. Now they are the ones that are in the outer court because of their rejection of Jesus. Not just physical Jews, remember this is all spiritual. Anyone that has not invited Christ to come into a personal relationship with them are themselves a Gentile spiritually, regardless of your physical ancestry.

Authoritative Separation in the House
John is told to “leave” out the measuring of the outer court. The word “leave” actually means to “cast” out. John is given the authority to throw out the things that don’t belong. This is hard for some because it appears to have no grace or mercy, the very core of who Jesus is and was. But understand the most graceful and merciful thing a man of God can do is to cast something out that doesn’t belong.

Otherwise it will pervert the purpose of God. Some argue that we’re to love on them and never be harsh, but again, we need to understand we’re not dealing with flesh and blood but of powers and principalities. Jesus set this example when he himself cast out of his house things that didn’t belong there. Again, there are times when the best way to show grace and mercy is to cut out the cancer from the body.

Definition of “leave”

to cast out, drive out, to send out a) with notion of violence 1) to drive out (cast out) 2) to cast out a) of the world, i.e. be deprived of the power and influence he exercises in the world b) a thing: excrement from the belly into the sink 3) to expel a person from a society: to banish from a family 4) to compel one to depart; to bid one depart, in stern though not violent language 5) so employed that the rapid motion of the one going is transferred to the one sending forth a) to command or cause one to depart in haste 6) to draw out with force, tear out 7) with implication of force overcoming opposite force a) to cause a thing to move straight on its intended goal Cool to reject with contempt, to cast off or away b) without the notion of violence 1) to draw out, extract, one thing inserted in another 2) to bring out of, to draw or bring forth 3) to except, to leave out, i.e. not receive 4) to lead one forth or away somewhere with a force which he cannot resist

Defining a Money Changer
How can we relate to Jesus clearing the temple to the church today? First, understand why the money changers were there. During the days of sacrifice, it was also a time of celebration and feasting and other things that people from all over Israel would make the long trek to Jerusalem to participate in the festivities. It was all temple oriented. But these people would come in with foreign currency and the money changers would trade the foreign currency with local temple currency.

But these money changers were taking advantage of those coming in and they were price gouging in the selling of their doves and such for sacrifice. The sacrifice was required by God, yet man took God’s laws and used them for his own advantage by overcharging. There are many of us that come to church and become a money changer ourselves. We’ll come and think just because we can appease our conscience by putting money in the plate on Sunday morning that you can stand there like a wooden Indian while everyone else is in worship.

And when you hear the sermons you file them away as a word for those that are crazy enough to believe and receive what’s being said because you’re too holy for a mere preacher to speak anything over you that you haven’t already heard. You put your justification into your works and your conscience is appeased because you gave some money but you can’t buy your sacrifice, you need to bring your own sacrifice. Don’t think you can tip God, Jesus did it at the beginning of his ministry as well as at the end, he’s clearing out the money changers out of the house of God then and now.

Money Changer=Self-serving Spirit
People want to point there fingers in shock if the message from the pulpit seems too abrasive or too hard and pointed or confrontational if people are called and challenged to worship. We need to understand that the spirit of Christ that lived then is here now and the money changers that come in the church still need to be addressed because the self-serving spirit will turn his house into a den of thieves if it’s not confronted with the intent of maintaining a house of prayer.

Shepherding Sometimes Requires Discipline
(Editor’s Note)
I am personally fleshing some things out in my own spirit on various issues. This one that he’s addressing now is one of them. I’m not as straight forward on the confrontation issue. I believe there is to be a serious and sensitive awareness in the difference of Fathering, and Ruling in a church. It’s not my place to rule, but it is my place to Father. I guess if someone came in that was defiant toward the direction I as a Pastor am leading, a conversation between us would be necessary. But I’m not comfortable in supporting the idea that as a general rule, the Pastor is to be a dictator keeping his flock under his control.

But in all fairness, I’ve elected to leave his point of view on this matter in with the rest of the text. I just want it to be clear as to where your Pastor stands on every issue that I possibly can. Perhaps we are actually saying the same thing, that the issue of confrontation may be from a pulpit as opposed to an individual. There is one passage in Scripture where there is instruction to separate individuals from the body, but even then, it’s not to write them off, but to let them understand the seriousness of the situation and then offer the invitation for them to come back to the body. The individual in that case was when Paul told the church that whatever they decided, he’d support them, but he advised to remove the people from the church due to their attitude of not only was their sin going on, but they were bragging about it and that is what disrupted the entire church. In that context it needed to be confronted.

I am going to go further on this, let’s lay down Revelation just for a minute and address this issue so I can put it to rest and move on freely rather than distracted. I have pulled up the passage that I referred to and I want to put it all in front of you and then I want to share with you what’s going on in my heart. Right now, I’m really torn on this matter . . .it’s driving me nuts.

1 Corinthians 5
The Mystery of Sex
1I also received a report of scandalous sex within your church family, a kind that wouldn't be tolerated even outside the church: One of your men is sleeping with his stepmother. 2And you're so above it all that it doesn't even faze you! Shouldn't this break your hearts? Shouldn't it bring you to your knees in tears? Shouldn't this person and his conduct be confronted and dealt with?
3I'll tell you what I would do. Even though I'm not there in person, consider me right there with you, because I can fully see what's going on. I'm telling you that this is wrong. You must not simply look the other way and hope it goes away on its own. Bring it out in the open and deal with it in the authority of Jesus our Master. 4Assemble the community--I'll be present in spirit with you and our Master Jesus will be present in power. 5Hold this man's conduct up to public scrutiny. Let him defend it if he can! But if he can't, then out with him! It will be totally devastating to him, of course, and embarrassing to you. But better devastation and embarrassment than damnation. You want him on his feet and forgiven before the Master on the Day of Judgment.
6Your flip and callous arrogance in these things bothers me. You pass it off as a small thing, but it's anything but that. Yeast, too, is a "small thing," but it works its way through a whole batch of bread dough pretty fast. 7So get rid of this "yeast." Our true identity is flat and plain, not puffed up with the wrong kind of ingredient. The Messiah, our Passover Lamb, has already been sacrificed for the Passover meal, and we are the Unraised Bread part of the Feast. 8So let's live out our part in the Feast, not as raised bread swollen with the yeast of evil, but as flat bread--simple, genuine, unpretentious.
9I wrote you in my earlier letter that you shouldn't make yourselves at home among the sexually promiscuous. 10I didn't mean that you should have nothing at all to do with outsiders of that sort. Or with crooks, whether blue- or white-collar. Or with spiritual phonies, for that matter. You'd have to leave the world entirely to do that! 11But I am saying that you shouldn't act as if everything is just fine when one of your Christian companions is promiscuous or crooked, is flip with God or rude to friends, gets drunk or becomes greedy and predatory. You can't just go along with this, treating it as acceptable behavior. 12I'm not responsible for what the outsiders do, but don't we have some responsibility for those within our community of believers? 13God decides on the outsiders, but we need to decide when our brothers and sisters are out of line and, if necessary, clean house.
Paul was addressing several issues here. First, it was the fact that the church ignored the flagrant sin that was in the church in the first place. In verse 6 he shares is concern in seeing how they seemed to allow sin to live among them with no attempts to address the matter. For me, I don’t take the sin lightly, I’ve just stood on the fact that I’m not the one accountable for their decisions. I can love on them and be Christ to them, but to follow them around telling them what is right and what is wrong is not my place.

Yet Paul seems to be saying that it is my place. And here’s where I become a bit concerned due to the fact that from this comes division of beliefs and people. This is where I see so many churches taking advantage of the saints in that they create rules and regulations for all to follow and then congregations begin comparing their rules with the rules of other congregations and it gets really messy after that.

The word of God is what our plumb-line should be. It is telling me that there is a balance between my concern of how the church is as far as becoming the enforcer, and how much I’m to over-look while I’m presenting an example of Life. Perhaps there are some things that I do need to address. Perhaps when people come in dirty, I’m to love on them, but if they choose to remain dirty, then I need to address the matter.

On a relationship level, perhaps we’re to ignore the blatant sin the other is committing until we build a relationship of our own with them and if the sin is continuing with no sign of conviction, perhaps it is my responsibility to approach them in an atmosphere of love and humility and begin discussing it with them. Perhaps there is a balance of being confrontational. Perhaps this has been God’s way of allowing me to see that I’m responding more to my fears of people confronting from a law perspective than one from life, that I’ve elected not to confront at all. Yet we do need each other to encourage us and love us through our conflicts as much as our successes.

Hey, what if I am right, but I just need some clarification on the issue as to where the balance is? And the balance is this . . . yes, the Holy Spirit is the convictor. Yes I am to love on them and not become an enforcer. Yes I am to apply Scripture to me more than to conform others to it. And when I see someone living in sin, yes I am supposed to be concerned for their well being and immediately pray that God will give them strength in that area. That ‘s where I have been, this is what I need to add to make it complete. There is a difference between pointing out a flagrant sin versus being a spiritual hair-splitter. So this still isn’t giving license to use the Word of God as a weapon against the saints.

But the balance is, Scripture makes it clear what is right and what is wrong. “When” I approach someone who’s in this flagrant sin . . .the kind that leads to death, that’s another huge factor by the way, but “when” I approach them, I simply point out that what they are doing is not my opinion on whether or not it’s wrong, but it’s spiritually killing them. Then let them decide from there what to do for a decision. In this way, I am acting out of concern and love for their well being, and I’m not enforcing anything. And if they reject my advice, then they’re the ones isolating themselves from the church, not me. Which would then mean that yes, if it came to that, it “is” my place as a Pastor to inform them that because they have deliberately chosen this sin over releasing it to God, they need to be removed from the body, but not from my prayers or relationship.

The truth is, if they are a part of God as they claim they are, then they won’t defend their sinful act in the first place. But if they do defend it, they have written their own confession as to where their heart is. This piece of new understanding does seem to fit together with what I have come to understand in the past. And it is also different from what I’ve stated as my point of view. It’s not easy to concede that you’re ever wrong at anything . .is it. (sigh) So, bottom line, as a general rule, confrontation is not to go unchecked, but there are times when it does become necessary. Is that simple enough?
End of Edit

Back to the Text

Some say people have to be able to worship in their own free will. This is true but we also need to understand that sometimes people need to be confronted and challenged just as Jesus did and be driven to become honest with ourselves with the dealings of God. No one is being run off, but at the same time if we let that spirit linger in the flock and take control, as the shepherd, I’m not going to let it put a damper on what happens here. Whatever you bring to church, if you decide to bring it with you, that doesn’t mean I have to let it stay here.

This isn’t to give me license to bring condemnation on anyone, that’s not what this is about. In fact, it’s not even about you at all for again, it’s not with flesh and blood that we wrestle. But if you come into the house week in and week out with this thing on you and there’s no relief, I’m accountable for your growth and if I can see this thing is stunting the church, I do have the authority to drive it out of you.

Revelation 11
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. 3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Letting Go of the Old Enables Taking Hold of the New

This is getting deeper into things that we’ve been taught other things and now, need to let go of and let God give us a true picture of what this passage is saying. Lets not read into this, lets read out of it. We’ve been taught that this is the middle of the tribulation period and at this time, the Jews will see the antichrist for who he really is and instead of being a supporter of him, they’ll finally see the error of their ways and go from enemies of God, to the biggest supporters of God. As a result, the rest of the 7 year tribulation is to get indescribably worse that any mind can imagine.

Antichristism
I hope by now we understand that this is not going to happen like we’ve been told all these years. I hope we can now see through Scripture that this is symbolic and not to be interpreted with a physical understanding. When he’s talking about this 3 and a half year period of time, he’s not talking about the middle of the Tribulation when the antichrist in a single person will appear. Does this mean I don’t believe in the antichrist? Absolutely not. I believe strongly that there is an antichrist, the antichrist was in the world not only during the days of Jude and Apostle Paul, Jude talks about the antichrist . . .spirit. And John also talks about the antichrist . .spirit. as does Paul.

2 Tape Fourteen part 2 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:00 pm

cross-eyed

6 Billion people? 2 Men
In fact, the spirit of the antichrist, we’ll see when we get to Revelation 13, he goes all the way back to the Old Testament. The spirit of the antichrist isn’t going to manifest itself in one man. I’m sorry if that’s against your philosophy, but it’s true. You see, there’s only two men in the earth right now. Even though the population of the earth is 5 billion, understand that when God looks at the earth, he sees corporate things. He sees the seed of the first Adam, the natural things, and he sees the seed of the last Adam in the form of Jesus and those that choose to carry his name.

All of us got our flesh, our father goes all the way back to Adam. Ancestrally who is the federal head of the human race? Adam. Corinthians 15 but he is of the earth, earthy. I know my Dad’s name is Jim and his Dad’s name is George and so on down the line but I didn’t get my flesh from him, I got my flesh just like everybody else on planet earth, from Adam. This is why I have to be “born again.”

Two men in the earth, the first Adam and the last Adam. When God looks at things he only sees two men in the earth. He has not ever taught us that the antichrist is going to manifest in some Arabic middle eastern personality. It’s a spirit. Like the spirit of Christ manifest himself in the church and the spirit of the “anti”-Christ manifests himself against the anointed. So, why 3 and a half years?

Grounded in the Original Understanding of this Book
Here’s the truth, remember what this book is about? It’s a revelation of Jesus Christ. So everything we see in this book has a connection with Jesus in one way or another. The 3 ½ years is linked with the time of Jesus ministry on the earth. As we’ve learned, the number seven stands for the number of completion. It’s stamped all over the revelation we’ve been studying. And while it stands for completion, 3 ½ does not. It’s a broken 7 so to speak. It’s a broken covenant.

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. 3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

The 3 ½ Year Period
Note in verse three he speaks of a thousand two hundred and 60 days. The calendar they used then is not the same as it is today. There calendar consisted of 12 months with 30 days each, giving you a total of 360 days a year. 360 x 3 ½ = 1260. In both cases, it’s speaking of 3 ½ years. Yet in verse two, it speaks of 42 months, which is also 3 ½ years but what does the number 42 speak of? It’s all in Scripture. We don’t have to assume our ideas and interpretations.

In Matthew chapter one, it mentions 14 generations 3 times. (Matt 1:17) 3 x 14 = 42. Is this too technical? No! We’re trying to give you your Bible back. We’re trying to take Revelation back from the hands of the false doctrines and teachers and put it back into the hands of the saints with the same power that it was first given. It takes more faith to believe all the junk that the dispensationalists teach us than to understand what I’m saying now. In Matthew chapter 1 there are 42 generations from Abraham to Jesus. Abraham was the birthing of the promise of generations. Interesting how as we see Revelation open up with the words “THIS IS THE REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST, in Matthew we see THIS IS THE BOOK OF GENERATIONS OF JESUS CHRIST.

The 42nd Generation
Even though there are to be 42 generations, technically there are only 41. There is one generation missing and the reason for that is because Jesus didn’t have any natural seed. He didn’t birth any natural offspring, but he has instead, been waiting for his offspring to come. We are that 42nd generation. There is going to be a generation in the earth that is going to look so much like him. Why 42? Because it took a total of 42 encampments for the children of Israel, from the time they left Egypt, to the time they entered the promised land, they had stopped 42 times and set up camp before moving on.

Editor’s Note
The Mind of a Grasshopper
Something very important for us to realize is the mindset the spies were living in when they went into the promised land for the very first time. Before the forty years of wandering even began, they were actually in the promised land within three months. But because their mindset was one of carnality and not of faith, the entire nation became infected by it. They lived in a grasshopper mentality. In their own words, they stated they saw themselves as a grasshopper. If we see ourselves as a defeated army, our enemies will see that in us as well. Take it a step further, if we believe the world is going to hell in a hand-basket, we will see only a lot of hell on earth.

Num 13:33
And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, [which come] of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

And even now, the church, since the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus, the church has left it’s Egypt through the blood of the lamb on our doorposts but we too have wandered in the wilderness camping under the coverings of one man or another instead of following the glory. They haven’t followed a priesthood ministry that has taken them to the banks of the Jordan river that will take them across and into the land promised to them. They’ve stopped, they’ve convinced the rest of the world that the enemy in the promised land is too big for them to defeat. And that the truth of the idea of embracing the promised land can not be attained so as a result, all that God has promised to give them remains withheld from them.

This is the correlation between Israel’s rebellion against God, and our present state of the body of the spiritual Israel. It’s time to let Moses be taken so that Joshua can replace him. It’s time to let go of the traditions and laws of the levites, and pick up the law of Melchezedek. With him there are only two laws that we’re to concentrate on, love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength, the second being, love your neighbor as yourself. Two witnesses . .two laws of love.

Wilderness – vs – Promised Land
The difference between the wilderness and the promised land is, actually there are many.
The promised land is permanent. The wilderness was never intended to last the 40 years that it did. That was the result of the rebellion of the people.
The promised land is in our name through inheritance. The wilderness they were in was always someone else’s territory, someone else’s claim, someone else’s blessing.
The promised land is blessed by God himself, flowing with milk (cream of the crop) and honey (ultimate abundance of the sweet aroma of God’s glory.) The wilderness was a land of testing.
The promised land is the land of rest. The wilderness was constant travel and moving. Setting up camp, tearing it down again.
The promised land is where God established his own home. (Jerusalem) The wilderness was a track that Israel had to learn spiritual mobility on.
The promised land is where Jesus revealed his fullness to the church. The wilderness was a land of complaining and blindness.

What Exactly “is” the Promised Land?
The list goes on and on. The promised land is not a physical place. The church often looks at the promised land as heaven. But it’s not even that. Heaven isn’t full of enemies like Canaan was. Heaven doesn’t have to be conquered like Canaan had to be. It’s a spiritual realm of understanding and reality. It’s the kingdom of God. It’s the process of communication between us and God. It’s God revealing the mysteries of his Son to our comprehensions. All of these things require us to engage in the process as well. God doesn’t throw his pearls to the swine. In other words, even though all who call on the name of the Lord are saved, there are still many that aren’t eligible for the mountain top revelations of the Peter, James and John’s in the church.

Jericho Walls and Giants
We all “could” be in that elect group if we were simply willing to let our minds be transformed into that spiritual freedom that the religious church ignorantly tramples on. These are the fortified cities that we encounter in the realm of our spiritual promised land. Inside these cities are sometimes giants. They are generational. Every time we see reference to them in Scripture, there is also reference to their ancestors from which they came.

Religious traditions and doctrines are generational. They are things taught by our ancestors because it’s what their ancestors taught them and so on down the line. Generational bondages are extremely difficult to get our carnal minds engaged to confront. There are automatic assumed fears that we released in our minds when even “considering” the idea of leaving a specific denomination that our family had raised us in.
There is often rejection from family members and even dismembering the offender from the rest of the family because they left the family faith. That is a city fortified with walls around. That is our Jericho. But just like what happened with Jericho, we too can conquer these strongholds. It all starts with prayer. Here’s what 2 Corinthians 10 says about this very thing.

Message Translation
3The world is unprincipled. It's dog-eat-dog out there! The world doesn't fight fair. But we don't live or fight our battles that way--never have and never will. 4The tools of our trade aren't for marketing or manipulation, but they are for demolishing that entire massively corrupt culture. 5We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. 6Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity

Prayer Takes you Beyond the Veils
Prayer is the introduction to truth. Prayer gives God a chance to speak to us not to mention answer us. Prayer opens the door of our own understanding and through that door, God begins to enter with his truth, unedited by men, delivered in love, explained through the Spirit. Our responsibility then is to receive, digest, and act. Prayer removes veils, but we must first recognize there’s more than one veil that we need to address. The first veil was at the entrance of the outer court where the brazen altar removes our sin. That is the greatest step any man can take. To accept Christ into your heart is the most important decision in your entire life. But that’s just a fraction of what God has to offer you.

The next veil is the one of the tabernacle experience. It’s the area of spiritual acceptance and exercise through Holy Spirit baptism. This veil, once you’re over the idea that it’s either of the devil, isn’t for us today, or isn’t of much importance, these are the religious hurdles that church has created for itself. In spite of these religious attempts to keep the body under carnal control, there are many that reject that and yield to the power of the Holy Spirit to fill them and it gives them entrance into the house of life, power, and ministry. This is the second veil.

The third veil is even more difficult than the first two, however it doesn’t have to be, but again, the religious leaders choose to divert the importance of pursuing that third veil and they are content with camping in the inner court, the holy place, instead of moving on. This is what John saw in his revelation at the very beginning with the golden lamp stand and Jesus was standing in the midst. The lamp, as explained by Jesus then and now, is stuck in the 2nd dimension of God. They are past the first two, which is great in and of itself, but there’s an entire realm of intimacy that Christ wants to include is in with him, but we won’t let ourselves approach that baptism because we’ve been convinced it’s too deep for us, too complex, too confusing, too easy to fall into a cult.

2 Corinthians 3
13Unlike Moses, we have nothing to hide. Everything is out in the open with us. He wore a veil so the children of Israel wouldn't notice that the glory was fading away-- 14and they didn't notice. They didn't notice it then and they don't notice it now, don't notice that there's nothing left behind that veil. 15Even today when the proclamations of that old, bankrupt government are read out, they can't see through it. Only Christ can get rid of the veil so they can see for themselves that there's nothing there. 16Whenever, though, they turn to face God as Moses did, God removes the veil and there they are--face to face! 17They suddenly recognize that God is a living, personal presence, not a piece of chiseled stone. And when God is personally present, a living Spirit, that old, constricting legislation is recognized as obsolete. We're free of it! 18All of us! Nothing between us and God, our faces shining with the brightness of his face. And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him.

Nothing’s Changed, Jericho and Religion
The same excuses Israel had that kept them out of the promised land, the enemy is still applying to us today. Israel was afraid of the Giants, the huge walled cities, we just talked about what those walled cities and the giants within them represent. But it’s time to engage with your spiritual weapon, prayer, to let God release you from those religious fears that have been holding you back for so long. It’s great that you’ve been saved and baptized with water. It’s awesome that you’ve crossed the threshold of the temple and have been baptized by the Spirit. But now, now it’s time to go to the next realm, not by water, not by spirit, but now, with fire.

In the upper room we see where they were not only baptized with spirit, but also with fire. Just as John the Baptist prophesied they would. But we never hear anything preached about the baptism of fire. We’re too busy defending and arguing over the baptism of the Spirit! It’s all dimensional. It’s time to cut the umbilical cord that keeps us in this rut and be birthed by the spirit into the child of God that he intended for us to be.

End of Note

The church today has stopped it’s progression. Oh sure, there are people receiving the Lord as their Savior, but the truth that will lead the whole congregation to the other side has been overshadowed by the deafening cry of the religious that church would be better off if it’d never have left it’s comfort zone. The manna, the fresh bread has stopped flowing and there are hundreds of thousands looking for that manna. Manna that doesn’t fall on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th day, but that double portion that came on the 6th that was intended to be consumed by the church on the 7th day. The revelation of Jesus today! Fresh bread. Don’t tell me people aren’t hungry and if we don’t stay hungry, we too will lose our touch with the Manna.

Asses and Dove’s Dung
I don’t ever want to resort to eating asses heads and dove’s dung. In the book of the kings it speaks about Israel eating that sort of thing when the famine fell on them. It’s not just a story about what men will stoop to in order to survive, but it also has a powerful spiritual implication there as well. People would feed on things that came out of an ass’s head. They have legalism preached to them every Sunday and it doesn’t make them any better but it makes them more stubborn and rebellious. You are what you eat.

2 Kings 6
24Some time later, however, King Ben-hadad of Aram mobilized his entire army and besieged Samaria. 25As a result there was a great famine in the city. After a while even a donkey's head sold for two pounds of silver, and a cup of dove's dung cost about two ounces of silver.

So they also ate dove’s dung, what is that supposed to mean? It’s to mean that the church experiencing it’s famine has been eating on where the Holy Spirit “has” been and not where it is or where it’s going. This 3 ½ years, 42 months, what ‘s the multiple that brings us to 42? 6x7. All these numbers have great significance Have you ever heard of the Bible code? It’d scare some of you to death, to show you that the Bible is so mathematically accurate until this man who authored the book, that this man believes that he can find every name of anyone who’s ever lived in the Word of God through mathematical computation.

Jots And Tittles
Every single jot and tittle. Every little itty bitty thing in the word of God that we look at as redundant or useless, it all has a purpose and a place. The words of men will die and fade, the grass withereth and the flower fadeth but the word of God will last forever. When you’re body is decaying and withering away in some grave, the word of God will still be alive and bringing life and freedom to all who call on the name of the Lord. You don’t understand just how powerful this book is. Hebrews says that if this book were ever to fail the very air that you breathe would be gone! It’s the word of God that puts air in your lungs.

Elijah and 3 ½ Years
3 ½ years was also the same period of time of drought between Elijah’s first appearance and the destruction of Balaam on mount Carmel. James even talks about it. Elijah called for the heavens to be shut up for 3 years and 6 months. So this measuring that is taking place is that God is setting up boundaries of where his destruction is going to fall and he’s separating the sheep from the goats.

The Measuring of Revelation is History Now

This is nothing more than a reiteration of what Jesus had told them when he was here in his earthly body and he’d told them then not one stone would be left on top of the other. All this stemmed from the day they proclaim Jesus blood to be upon them and their children and a generation later, they got what they prophesied. Jewish people then became severely persecuted and it was, as it’s worded here, trodden under foot. But by then God had already measured things off and the court of the Gentiles are the unbelieving.

The true temple, those that had accepted Christ, the part that was “within” the boundaries that had been measured off, they were protected. Now, for those of you that just won’t give this up and you’re completely sold on tribulating, there “was” a tribulation then, there “is” a tribulation now, and there “will” be a continuing tribulation until the physical return of the head of the spiritual body of Christ.

Editor’s Note
I just want to jump in here with a thought. This just occurred to me the other day about how cocooned we cause ourselves to be. I mean, like for instance we look at the current events taking place in America and we tsk tsk and shake our heads at how society is crumbling and they’ve taken the Bible out of the schools and the gay community is seeming to expand by the minute while the streets are filled with gangs and drugs, alcohol and our living rooms are filled with nakedness and lewd language being spewed from our televisions.

Then someone has a spiritual moment and declares that this is what has been prophesied to happen in the last days. Now, I understand that we are to be alert and watchful lest we be tempted to fall into sin. I can accept that, but my thought is how quick we take our immediate surroundings and interpret an eternal truth in Scripture to apply to now because of what I see in my own front lawn. Not taking into consideration that this book we’re reading has absolutely nothing to do with my front lawn, or anyone else’s, other than the chosen nation that God started with from the beginning.

I’m talking literally, not spiritually. Every situation in Scripture is intended to be applied to our spiritual walk today. We can apply these things spiritually to our current situations, but that’s not what I’m trying to say here. We tend to jump to conclusions and say that this spiritual picture John saw was a prophecy about the physical current events happening at my doorstep today.

That diminishes the focus on what this book is all about. It’s not about America, France, Russia or any other nation other than Israel. And even then, “we” are to understand and apply it to ourselves as the “spiritual” Israel. It’s not even about Iraq. Saddom Husein is not the antichrist. I believe he may be led by the spirit of the antichrist, but he’s not alone on that one. France is just as hardened toward a Christian nation as India. But the truth of the matter is, America is simply a minor factor . . . I mean a “really” minor factor to the entire equation.

This book, I’m convinced more than ever, is about hope, peace and love, the same characteristics that Jesus was and Paul preached. Nothing has changed, the message is still the same. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever. He’s the first and the last. The beginning and the end, everything that is good times seventy times seven.

He is the completeness of life, the fullness of freedom. The story about Jesus in type and Shadow in Genesis through Malachi is the same story about Jesus and his glory from Matthew to Revelation. Revelation is the song at the end of the story of triumph. And I, through my diligent relationship with him, I am a mere vessel, a recipient of his revelational glory as well as a participant of what’s yet to come. Okay, I feel better now.

End of Note

Define Tribulation
There are nations out there right now that don’t have cable, they don’t have deluxe washers and dryers with four-wheel-drive toys. They are cowering in their huts, caves, or shacks while they’re being imprisoned, beaten and murdered simply because of their declaration of their faith in Christ. As far as they can tell, they are in tribulation now. They are being thrown into prisons, sentenced to long terms due to their faith. In fact, as I’m writing this, (not the tape, me) as I write this, I just received an email from the Foursquare head office about a prayer request of one of our missionaries in Srylanka. They are looking at making it a law that no new churches are allowed to start up there.

If someone comes in and starts a new church, they’ll get 7 years in prison for it. This isn’t happening down the road sometime, it was going on with the first century church and it’s still happening here, now. There is no seven year period of persecution for them in the future, there persecution is now. Go to them and try to convince them the worse is yet to come and see what kind of response you get. This book, again, is not about the destruction of a rebellious earth, that would take away from where the focus should always be, on Christ.

Are we so pious to think that what those people are experiencing isn’t tribulation? Are we so hung up on the interpretation of one little word to turn our backs on the truth of what’s going on now because we’re so focused on the atrocities that we think are coming? Even Jesus said before he left, in this world you will go through trials and tribulation. So why are we so quick to jump on the Tribulation wagon and say that this tribulation isn’t really tribulation? This comfortable nation may also be on it’s way to difficult situations because all his children are tried and tested and proven.

Stick With the Original Patterns
But look at the patterns. God didn’t remove the Israelites from Egypt when he brought his judgment. They stayed and saw all the curses and plagues, but it didn’t touch them or their flocks. They were in the middle of it all and saw and heard the suffering and sorrow all around them and you can also bet that as slaves, they’d made a few friends with the Egyptians along the way and there were relationships that were strained and cut off because one was taken and the protected on was left!

U.S. Unreal on Reality
The modern church today is one of the most sacrilegious, self-centered organizations out there in the world! We all really need to repent and ask God for forgiveness. This isn’t to bring condemnation on anyone, but it “is” to get the church to get in touch with the truth. The reality of how God sees this earth and stop trying to convince everyone that the laws and doctrines of men are God’s. The United States is a blessed nation. So much so that we live in an unreal world of our minds. We aren’t being chased down by the government because someone turned us in for saying a prayer.

Blaming Government for Our Inadequacies
We throw up our arms at the idea of government taking the Bible out of the schools, but you know what? God’s word isn’t ineffective because it’s not taken to schools, it’s ineffective because we’re not planting it in the hearts of our kids. Think about that, if there is something you don’t want your child to do, and you tell them, the first thing they’ll try to do is the very thing you told them you didn’t want them doing. If you get the truth of freedom engraved in the heart of your child, taking a book to school isn’t going to cause them to fall apart. It’s in their heart where no man can take it away.

Much of Christianity, truthfully, it’s bogus. We’ve been taught an arrogant Christianity all our lives. Look at Hebrews and all these great men of God it lists, one after another and all of their faithful exploits and wonderful things they did for the cause of the true God. Then toward the end of chapter 11 as he explains the tribulation they too had gone through and all the suffering, yet the modern church ignores that as tribulation and points down the road claiming there is a tribulation coming to bring judgment on all the ungodly that is beyond the human imagination.

Spiritual Porches in Today’s Church
They “say” this, but they’ve built porches on the foundation that God originated and call their porches foundation. This can go on for a temporary time, but when the heaviness of God’s glory shows up, no theologian, philosopher, denomination, doctrine or theory will be able to sustain it. The Porch-claimed-foundation will collapse under the weight of the glory and when the freedom is released, it’ll be rejected because it won’t fit the boundaries of the porch. Rapture is part of the porch, but not part of the original foundation. The porches need to be destroyed.

Heavenly Places of Honor Filled With No-named People
When we get to heaven when we step into that dimension, we have this unmistakable idea that these men with high profile with big platforms and are known nationally in this world are also going to be the ones that occupy a place of prestige. But when you get to heaven and see the places of honor you’re going to find the men in those places there are men of no reputation or popularity. Men who’s names you’ve never heard of whose names were never found on the pages of history but they died and suffered in some place of obscurity but they sacrificed their lives. They knew not their lives even unto death and they died for the cause of Christ.

Not concerned whether their names would be found in history or the fact that anyone would ever know who they were or where they’re from. They loved “Him.” They don’t care that you ever know who they were. When you stand before the judgment seat of Christ and you see the rays of glory from a silhouette and you ask the Lord who that person is. He’s going to say “Oh, that’s my mighty warrior, John Doe” “I never read about him in Christian history.” Then Christ will say, “Let me tell you about him, this man rotted in prison until he died because he wouldn’t renounce my name.”

Trumpets and flutes.
Jesus said that the religious set and pipe to one another. I would rather be a trumpet than a flute. And we tend to play our melodious tunes to each other and tell each other I’m okay and you’re okay. But we’re not okay. It’s time somebody tells us we’re not okay. It’s time we take a deep spiritual breath of prophetic spiritual inhaling and let out a blast of the trumpet into our hearts and shake the dust and arise to the awakening of the church that has been dormant and fallen asleep. We arise from the dust and the individualism and the man-centered need-based religion that has been taught to us.

Most churches every Sunday morning will gather to hear a gospel that is all about ministering to their needs. So we develop programs that we think need to meet all of the diverse needs that are our there, when if we’d just learn ourselves, not to mention to help other people to understand that when we look into Scripture, we’re not just looking for solutions to our problems, we’re looking for a Savior.

Scripture Revealing Christ, Not Easy Pill

And when I find him, it’s going to be like that song goes, then all earthly things will grow strangely dim. We need to stop using the Bible as a means to get us out of the problems we get ourselves into. Stop abusing the precious Word of God. We can be like the children of Israel that knows of God’s acts. Or we can be like Moses who knows God’s ways. Stop trying to find specific verses of Scripture that you can quote and get you out of some situation. And start looking for Jesus. That’s what I’ve been preaching in Revelation. Stop looking at what’s in Scripture for you and start looking at what’s in Scripture . . .period.

High Maintenance Christian
We wouldn’t need any where near the prophetic ministries that we’re always needing. Don’t misunderstand, I believe in the prophetic ministry. But we wouldn’t need anywhere near this personal high maintenance ministry if people would stop focusing on all the abuse they’ve gone through. People may argue that I haven’t got enough compassion and it’s got nothing to do with compassion. The most compassionate thing in the world that I could do is to help you get your eyes off yourself and get your eyes on Jesus.

“But you don’t understand, you don’t know what I went through as a child. You don’t know the abuse I experienced. You don’t know the scarring that I had when I was growing up. How often I was raped by my father” or what ever the scars may be. This may sound harsh on the surface but it’s the truth. It doesn’t matter what you’ve been through, your life is hidden with Christ in God.

Lord, Make Me Forget

I’m not what I used to be, if any man be with Christ he is a new creation, old things are passed away” What you need is a good lapse of memory. You need to forget about who you were and find who you are in Christ. Find the mind of Christ and you’ll find your way to freedom from feeling sorry for yourself. You’ll never get out of Egypt until like Joseph you birth your own ‘Menessah” which means “The Lord hath made me forget.”

You say “I can’t forget” it’s because you won’t “let” him take it from you. You find more security in who you used to be than what you can be in Christ. Stop using the blame game. This is the most passionate thing that I could actually say to you. But you need to be like John the Baptist did in his ministry. You need to let your head be cut off and let the mind of Christ be put upon your shoulders. Stop measuring the outer court.

You don’t always need someone to lay hands on you, God has delivered you through his Word. It’s not because I’m super spiritual. When this message is done and I dismiss you, as I step down from the pulpit, I return to just another average citizen. Just another average Joe and I don’t say this with false humility.

Anointing Comes “Through” Us, Not “From”

But I say this so that you understand it’s not me that the anointing comes from. Hopefully, it’s me the anointing comes “through” but definitely not “from.” But this presence or anointing can come through any one of us. When I step down from the pulpit, I return to all the weaknesses that I have, the flesh that I am, the carnal man that makes me, me. But you got to understand that God chooses earthen vessels to reveal his treasure. He speaks through me, not because of who I am, but because I’m willing to let him be who he is.

Not because I’ll leave here and be a perfect man when I leave here this week. But because I’m willing to say “Woe is me, for I am an unclean man. But if you need me, then use me. Speak. Just please, speak.” And the power of his Word is what’s in this room. He sent his “word” and he healed people. Right now, without trying to use hype or being mellow-dramatic, but hovering over you right now is the power of his word.

But God will not let the power of his atmosphere that hangs over you right now, he won’t force that word into you. You have to be open and receive it “Be thou to me according to your word.” You say, “but I can’t remember all of that which has been said.” You don’t need to remember all of it. “How can this be?” So much has been said and you’ve felt a quickening here or there and now you want to try to sort all of this out. Stop that stuff, that’s what’s wrong with you now. You can’t sort it out. God doesn’t want you to sort it out.

Not a Premeditated Message
“Maybe if I buy the tape or take all these notes, maybe then I’ll get it.” No! You’re not going to get it that way. “For the letter killeth but the Spirit gives life.” That’s one reason why I’m not so high on tapes. Because I want people there so when the ‘Word of God comes forth, my words are spirit and life. I speak words I don’t understand myself. Things begin to flow and many times I myself don’t understand them all. Don’t you see? I didn’t meditate it all out. I didn’t form a neat little layout of maps and pictures that shows how smoothly everything fits. It doesn’t work that way.

It’s the spirit of God and you have to just let that fall on you. Don’t worry about whether you understand it or not. Just know that there’s something happening in this room that’s so powerful. The same power that moved when God said “let there be light.” It’s the incorruptible seed of the Word of God. I don’t understand Lord, why you do the things you do, but I embrace it with all my heart. If you’re the author, I know you’re the finisher. Let this life find an egg in my spirit somewhere and let your spirit be fertilized in you.

Where the Sperm Met the Egg
There was a lady who’d been pregnant but lost her baby in the middle of the pregnancy. The doctor said that it could have been because of “where” the sperm had met the egg. Even though she made it to the sixteenth week, the baby stopped developing at three. It could have been because it didn’t meet the egg where it needed to in order to complete the fertilization. Because it didn’t meet in the right place, the egg didn’t get the whole connection of the dna. The code, the chromosomes that carries the egg in the woman’s womb that makes up how the baby is going to develop was incomplete.

Even this can apply to Romans 1:20. God uses physical experiences to show us spiritual truths. This seed, which is God’s word, is finding the egg in you. All the egg does is it produces the body. It just gives flesh to house the seed of the spirit. The seed of God, the sperm of God, this isn’t way out there, the Scripture teaches you’re born again with an incorruptible seed. It’s the very sperm of God. You’ve been trying to produce the image of God and you just can’t. You want to look like him and talk like him but you can’t and there are times when you just hate yourself.

Natural Seed – vs – Physical Seed

You can’t even stand to look in the mirror at yourself, you can’t stand the sound of your voice. You can’t even stand to here your name being called. What God wants you to see is there “was” a seed that brought you into the earth naturally, but there’s also another seed that has the ability to take you from the natural and cross over to the spiritual. You may say “well I’ve been saved for many, many years” But yet Paul says “I labor again until Christ be formed in you.” And the dna of Christ will cause you to look like him and not like someone else.

When we hear men say he’s here or there, we’re not to respond. What does he look like? Song of Solomon speaks that he’s white, he’s ruddy, he’s blue. He’s all these things. He’s all together lovely. You carry a cell of him that I don’t carry. This will deliver you from all kinds of judgmental activity because the reason why you judge other people is because you’re not happy with yourself. And it makes you feel good when you can stand there and judge somebody else.

When they do things that you can’t explain and you feel uncomfortable, it’s your defensive mechanism that is protecting yourself. It takes all these things because he is “all together lovely”. But there is a seed being instilled in you now and it’s not meeting you in the wrong place. This isn’t going to miscarry. You are being given life within your heart that no man can remove or separate.

I was just at a convention and the speaker used this dna analogy, but not to identify myself with Christ, it was to identify myself with a movement or doctrine. The truth is, my emphasis is not to be on how many people I can put in a pew. Oh sure, I’ll always say God is the one that did it, but then I’ll take your money while I explain to you all the activity and the decision process that I went through in becoming successful. God did it, and if God did it for me, he’ll do it for you the same way.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum