APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daniel 2:25-28

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Daniel 2:25-28 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:55 pm

cross-eyed

25 Then Arioch brought in Daniel before the king in haste, and said thus unto him, I have found a man of the captives of Judah, that will make known unto the king the interpretation.

26 The king answered and said to Daniel, whose name was Belteshazzar, Art thou able to make known unto me the dream which I have seen, and the interpretation thereof?

27 Daniel answered in the presence of the king, and said, The secret which the king hath demanded cannot the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, the soothsayers, shew unto the king;

28 But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;

Remember when we were talking about a preparation taking place for God to reveal himself? This is the first wave of that plan. God prepared Nebuchadnezzar by planting a spiritual seed in his deadness. It awakened him, it stirred him, it motivated him. Even though he was still living by his own logic and reasoning ways, he was being led to a place where a word of truth would heal him.

In God's eyes, he sees this man, and image of carnality as a head of gold. Hard to believe, but that's just how powerful the redemptive work of the Father truly is. Daniel is introducing the Father to the mind of this blind man. He's unveiling the presence of God that was always there. The king is about to see things of God that before, he was never able to see.

I like that Daniel first lets the king know that his normal tactics won't bring any understanding to the show. It's not by might, nor by power . . . it's what Jesus said to Peter when Peter had "his" very first revelation from God. "Flesh and blood has not taught you this . . ." It's also why it's stated in the New Testament that man teaching man will come to an end. The Holy Spirit will be the one revealing the nature of God within us, not some church system.

The things God is revealing to you guys are not the result of a lot of in-depth studying on your part. We "want" more of Jesus and to us, it's logical that to learn more about him, we should discipline ourselves to read the Bible more. But the church has inflated that one so much that the Bible itself has become another idol as well. That's addressed in my book so I won't elaborate on it any further here.

But truth comes through revelation from the Father. Revelation comes through relationship with the Son. It's that simple.

1 Corinthians 2
6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Through these revelational experiences, our spirits are being fed, freed, and forever changed as we open up our hearts to receive the word being declared over us and in us. It changes our thinking, it changes our motivations and actions, as well as reactions. The purpose of the revelating is not to puff ourselves up in any way, but it's to make "us" hungrier and others filled. Amen?

2 Re: Daniel 2:25-28 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:26 pm

LindaY

The purpose of the revelating is not to puff ourselves up in any way, but it's to make "us" hungrier and others filled. Amen?

Amen Nathan. I can't speak for anyone else but, having been puffed up before in what I "thought" I knew and finding out I was lost and deceived was a very humbling experience.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum