APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Questions about hopelessness

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Questions about hopelessness on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:21 pm

LindaY

If we were raised in a denominational setting and have been taught many untruths, is there hope for us? All of you seem to be able to see the goodness of God but, when I learned I had been taught error, I find myself doubting everything. It's not like I haven't been praying and seeking and asking Him to show me who He is. I always thought I knew up until this point. Then one day a few weeks ago, someone asked me "who is God"? My only answer was God is love. Now I can look at this in the way I love my own children but, is that love/God? For the first time in my life I realized that I had been serving a God that I really don't know that I know at all but, just accepted what I heard and read about Him and obeyed Him because I knew He knew what was best for me. However, I failed so many times and still do. The older I've become I have come to a place where I am questioning everything. I almost feel as if I should just give up, yet I know that is not the answer either. I guess what I really want to know is...is there hope for someone like me? I desire to know this love that all of you have and at one time in my life thought I did, I still do think I had glimpses of his goodness and mercy throughout life but, did I really "know Him?" Lately, many have given up on me and I feel like a hopeless case. Inside, I feel almost dead to anything spiritual on some days but on some days, feel very alive. I just don't know how to put on this armor and fight these things that come against me and it feels as if my enemy has won or is winning. Am I all alone? Why have I been seeking for answers to something I can't seem to understand? I read in another forum where some see a doom and gloom God and some see the beauty of God. The teachings about shall we receive the good and not the evil confuse me. Lately, I feel like I'm wearing a sign that's invisible to me but, is offensive to others and for the life of me I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. One day I feel so free in the truths I hear here and the next day I feel so lost.

Please be gentle with me in your answers. Sad

It's sad for me to see so many with the bubbly enthusiasm I had years ago when I first had an experience with Him and now to feel so lost and alone. Embarassed

2 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:30 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
LindaY wrote:If we were raised in a denominational setting and have been taught many untruths, is there hope for us? All of you seem to be able to see the goodness of God but, when I learned I had been taught error, I find myself doubting everything. It's not like I haven't been praying and seeking and asking Him to show me who He is. I always thought I knew up until this point. Then one day a few weeks ago, someone asked me "who is God"? My only answer was God is love. Now I can look at this in the way I love my own children but, is that love/God? For the first time in my life I realized that I had been serving a God that I really don't know that I know at all but, just accepted what I heard and read about Him and obeyed Him because I knew He knew what was best for me. However, I failed so many times and still do. The older I've become I have come to a place where I am questioning everything. I almost feel as if I should just give up, yet I know that is not the answer either. I guess what I really want to know is...is there hope for someone like me? I desire to know this love that all of you have and at one time in my life thought I did, I still do think I had glimpses of his goodness and mercy throughout life but, did I really "know Him?" Lately, many have given up on me and I feel like a hopeless case. Inside, I feel almost dead to anything spiritual on some days but on some days, feel very alive. I just don't know how to put on this armor and fight these things that come against me and it feels as if my enemy has won or is winning. Am I all alone? Why have I been seeking for answers to something I can't seem to understand? I read in another forum where some see a doom and gloom God and some see the beauty of God. The teachings about shall we receive the good and not the evil confuse me. Lately, I feel like I'm wearing a sign that's invisible to me but, is offensive to others and for the life of me I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. One day I feel so free in the truths I hear here and the next day I feel so lost.

It's sad for me to see so many with the bubbly enthusiasm I had years ago when I first had an experience with Him and now to feel so lost and alone. Embarassed

Know this of your loving Father, you are exactly where you are supposed to be.

If you have read my little post to David about resting in the boat of faith while floating down the river of understanding, He is right beside you in that boat.

The hopelessness you keep feeling is because you are trying to force it, let Him bring you the understanding as you need it.

The last thing I will say is: in a way I envy you because you about to learn more than you thought you ever could.

It is about resting in faith, He does the work, you are the recipient of His work.

Brother Jugg

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

3 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:35 pm

LindaY

Thank you Jugg. I did read what you wrote to David earlier. It was a real wake up call for me when this person asked me "WHO IS GOD?" I felt as if a bolt of lightning had hit me because I realized I had been blindly following someone I really couldn't in all truthfulness say that I knew the answer to that question. I really thought I knew but now I question this and wonder what I knew and if I've been living a lie my entire life and I don't know what to do with it.

4 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:39 pm

LindaY

It is about resting in faith, He does the work, you are the recipient of His work.

I REALLY want this so bad. I can't take anymore of the guilt that has been placed on me because I can't "fix" my neighbor. I tried this by my own works for years and made a mess of it.

5 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:44 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
LindaY wrote:Thank you Jugg. I did read what you wrote to David earlier. It was a real wake up call for me when this person asked me "WHO IS GOD?" I felt as if a bolt of lightning had hit me because I realized I had been blindly following someone I really couldn't in all truthfulness say that I knew the answer to that question. I really thought I knew but now I question this and wonder what I knew and if I've been living a lie my entire life and I don't know what to do with it.

Your answer to "who is God" was the correct one, it was Christ speaking to that person through you.

Don't get angry with yourself about believing a lie, because so did Eve, in fact we all did at one point or another, we have to, and that is because if we are not able to understand that we are capable of believing a lie and you have been shown that it was, from this point on, it is only truth that will be revealed to you.

Just wait for it to be brought to you.

Jugg

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

6 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:26 am

Y'Israel

You are wonderfully made in the image of God. If you desire to know who He is, you have but to only look in the mirror. You are to love God (YOU) with all your heart mind and soul. Knowing that you are fashioned as such, then also know that the one next to you is also made in that very same image. You are to then love him as yourself.

7 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:32 pm

LindaY

Y'Israel wrote:You are wonderfully made in the image of God. If you desire to know who He is, you have but to only look in the mirror. You are to love God (YOU) with all your heart mind and soul. Knowing that you are fashioned as such, then also know that the one next to you is also made in that very same image. You are to then love him as yourself.

Y'Israel,
I have been seeing glimpses of what you're saying here for some time now and trying to reconcile it with other scriptures. I still don't know that I have a very good understanding of this but, receive it and am open to a more complete understanding of what you're saying.

To all of you in here,
I love you!! Blessings and peace to you!

8 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:01 pm

cross-eyed

It's a great question but for me, there's no "one" answer that will satisfy everyone. The answer changes with your ever-changing relationship with the Father. Words can't fully express it because God isn't just a person or a being, he's a personal experience.

I can try to explain what it feels like to touch an electric fence . . .but until you touch it, and experience it for yourself, my words will never satisfy.

Sometimes, just sharing with the person posing the question where you are with God on that day will perhaps encourage them to find God on their own terms as well.

9 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:20 pm

LindaY

It's a great question but for me, there's no "one" answer that will satisfy everyone. The answer changes with your ever-changing relationship with the Father

THIS Nathan is where I'm finding comfort. How can we describe "timelessness" or "infinity"? Being able to just say "I don't know" has brought peace to my heart and soul and mind. The denominational practices of what we were taught in the past made me feel as if I "HAD" to have an answer for everything. Becoming weak and being able to come to the truth of this has lifted a huge burden off of my own life and the lives of people around me. (I'm sure they are glad too LOL) cheers

10 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:25 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Quote:
Being able to just say "I don't know" has brought peace to my heart and soul and mind. End Quote:

Linda,
This for me, was one of the hardest things to admit to, and I can't say that it is completely gone either.

But I do agree when we can say this it does bring peace, and usually does bring understanding too, when we least expect it.

I have never been one for believing that there are some things that we will never understand as long as we're still in the flesh. He's my Father why wouldn't explain something to me if I ask Him. But on the other hand, it comes down to the question of "when" the answer will come, and that is what I get impatient on. Smile

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

11 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:37 pm

LindaY

Scherryl,
But on the other hand, it comes down to the question of "when" the answer will come, and that is what I get impatient on.

You and me both.

12 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:01 pm

cross-eyed

I can totally relate to what your saying as well, Linda. It was actually quite liberating to finally just say "I don't know". People would get excited over hearing a revelation and they "assume" ( with a reasoning mind) that if you can see that, then you can answer "this". And the only reason why we see what we see in the first place is because God had to first show it to us.

I've seen many in the church misuse a gifting in this same way. They have one gift and people elevated them to places where the one gift was not intended to operate in and as a result, false teachings begin to manifest.

With this came the story of Elijah who had a woman come to him in extreme distress. Her son had died but God had not revealed it to Elijah yet and Elijah was mature enough in his relationship with God to relay that. Elijah THE PROPHET did not receive a word from God about the condition of this woman's son. May we all be so free to admit we don't know when . . .we just don't know.

13 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:04 pm

LindaY

You're right Nathan. I've been on both sides of that and sitting back and watching God do the work is so much more amazing than any efforts of mine anyway. LOL.

14 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:21 pm

Y'Israel

If the kingdom is located within us, then where would the God of that kingdom be located as well? What we did as a people however is to take that glory and make it to be something outside of ourselves. 18 MILLION empty homes, 3 million homeless and we're worried about falling off a "fiscal cliff"!?

Now we all know death is our reward in the flesh, but if we are unfaithful in the things we can see and know we cannot take with us, how then can we be entrusted with our true inheritance?

For this reason most are blind to this truth, seeing again as how we can house clothe and feed every person on the planet , but through coveting would rather blow us all to hell.

15 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:40 pm

LindaY

If the kingdom is located within us, then where would the God of that kingdom be located as well?

In Us.

through coveting would rather blow us all to hell

Who?

16 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:06 am

Y'Israel

LindaY wrote:
If the kingdom is located within us, then where would the God of that kingdom be located as well?

In Us.

Who?

We as a people. In short, most wars are based around getting profit from it. But the truth is that there are 6 homes for every one homeless person; the only thing separating the two is the money we also made to serve us. The system produced what it was intended for, and we see the excess!

17 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:49 am

LindaY

Y'Israel wrote:
LindaY wrote:

In Us.

Who?

We as a people. In short, most wars are based around getting profit from it. But the truth is that there are 6 homes for every one homeless person; the only thing separating the two is the money we also made to serve us. The system produced what it was intended for, and we see the excess!

That's the problem. Do you have a solution? I have a son that has fallen victim to drugs sitting in prison. I'm a mother who wants my son back.

18 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:20 pm

LindaY wrote:...the older I've become I have come to a place where I am questioning everything. I almost feel as if I should just give up, yet I know that is not the answer either. I guess what I really want to know is...is there hope for someone like me? I desire to know this love that all of you have and at one time in my life thought I did, I still do think I had glimpses of his goodness and mercy throughout life but, did I really "know Him?" Lately, many have given up on me and I feel like a hopeless case. Inside, I feel almost dead to anything spiritual on some days but on some days, feel very alive. I just don't know how to put on this armor and fight these things that come against me and it feels as if my enemy has won or is winning. Am I all alone? Why have I been seeking for answers to something I can't seem to understand? I read in another forum where some see a doom and gloom God and some see the beauty of God. The teachings about shall we receive the good and not the evil confuse me. Lately, I feel like I'm wearing a sign that's invisible to me but, is offensive to others and for the life of me I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. One day I feel so free in the truths I hear here and the next day I feel so lost.

I'm with you on this one, Linda. The one encouragement I can offer is that I "know" that we are in the right when we continue to ask those questions about Him. We can't understand Him without letting Him answer for Himself, and if we don't understand Him, then our relationship with Him is based on lies. If that is the case (and it has to be, doesn't it?) then we aren't worshiping Him in truth, are we? I think I read somewhere that our teachers would bear the brunt of the responsibility for this, but that offers some slim comfort when I am reminded of all of those who I misguided with my hair-brained theories. Good thing most folks thought I was crazy anyway...

Linda, you are not alone in this. Day before yesterday I threatened not to get out of bed and even saw myself praying that the Lord take away my blessings and give them to someone else. I did get out of bed, but what's up with the infantile tantrums anyway? Am I not supposed to be growing more mature?

Sometimes it seems as if those who have the "peace of God" are just better at talking the talk. But who am I to judge? If it is true then I am listening, Lord. But if it is false I guess it is how it has always been. It could be that He is showing me that I need no guru to show me the way to the cross. Damn I can depress myself sometimes...

19 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:37 pm

cross-eyed

One of the many reasons why we aim our attention towards things dimensional is because it enables us to discern the difference between what is natural and what is spiritual. That's step one. Step to is then prioritize the spiritual over the natural. Step three is apply this process on a regular basis. Know when flesh is speaking and when spirit is speaking. The difference is in the results . . . flesh leads to depressions, spirit leads to an abundance of life. Sometimes we just need to recognize the difference between the voice of noise and the sound of truth and choose which one we "will" ourselves to listen to.

20 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:06 pm

LindaY

I did get out of bed, but what's up with the infantile tantrums anyway? Am I not supposed to be growing more mature?

David,
Very Happy I'm glad to see we are both up out of bed. The grinning smiley is directed more towards seeing the tantrums in my posts and what you posted above and being able to laugh at myself. We both got up today. I may have come out of the "denominational" environment but, yet, brought a lot of those idols with me that are being shattered. I'll be glad when they are finally all gone. I suppose the rest we really seek is knowing God has a master plan and we are going to arrive at the destination He has planned. Sometimes we have to get mud in our eyes for us to be able to see. Shocked I have pity parties, I know. I'm glad no one in here wants to attend.

21 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:07 pm

Amen to that, Nathan. Sounds like a good procedure but you're talking to a guy who once he makes up a "to-do" list he never looks at it again.

The traducer is strong in this one...

22 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:11 pm

LindaY

Know when flesh is speaking and when spirit is speaking. The difference is in the results . . . flesh leads to depressions, spirit leads to an abundance of life. Sometimes we just need to recognize the difference between the voice of noise and the sound of truth and choose which one we "will" ourselves to listen to.

Nathan,
I'm beginning to see this more and more. Very Happy

For everyone of you!

23 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:12 pm

LindaY wrote:Very Happy I'm glad to see we are both up out of bed.

That seems to be the point. Evil intentions, good deeds. Good intentions, evil deeds. We've got it all.

Only today, we can meditate some on what Nathan is saying and maybe see an improvement in the world around us. Seems to me that such an outlook would perpetuate itself and even propagate, the law of attraction to rewards being what it is.

24 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:35 pm

LindaY

the law of attraction to rewards being what it is.

Do you mean, like, being rewarded when we're good and not rewarded when we're bad? (That kind of mindset?) confused

25 Re: Questions about hopelessness on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:40 pm

I'm thinking more on the lines of when we do a thing and good comes then we are naturally motivated to do more of the same. In theory, we may always want to, but in practice we are beasts who are drawn to honey and respectful of flames.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum