APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tape 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tape 13 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:56 pm

cross-eyed

Revelation 10
1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,3 And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not. 5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer: 7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Message translation
5Then the Angel I saw astride sea and land lifted his right hand to Heaven 6and swore by the One Living Forever and Ever, who created Heaven and everything in it, earth and everything in it, sea and everything in it, that time was up-- 7that when the seventh Angel blew his trumpet, which he was about to do, the Mystery of God, all the plans he had revealed to his servants, the prophets, would be completed

Frequency of Sevens (used around 50 times in this book alone)
Here in verse 7 we see reference again to the number seven. It’s important to point this out because in this chapter especially, we’re going to see that number much more frequently than in the past chapters. The number is “stamped” on the book as a whole, but there’s an increase in it’s frequency here. Reason being is because it has to do again with perfection and completion. There is something here that is being perfected and completed through the breaking of these seals. Verse 7 is also a key verse that we will get more into as we begin breaking this down.

7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets8 And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth. 9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.10 And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

Descent of a Mighty Angel
In verse one here we have a mighty angel that descends from heaven. As mentioned before, some of the angels we see throughout Revelation are in fact created beings, that God sends as messengers sanctioned by him in order to accomplish certain tasks. Much like what we see in the Old Testament with the Cherubim and Seraphim. Even though that is the case in some passages, there are other references to angels that are not literal created beings so much as it is intended to understand the angel in it’s context, is symbolic than actual or literal. It’s important to understand the context surrounding the reference. In this chapter, the angel being identified isn’t just your ordinary messenger carrying out a daily task. This angel is called a “mighty” angel.

Not an Arc-angel
Many may assume this is then referring to an arc-angel. An arc-angel is more than likely, something you’ve heard taught or preached on at one point or another in your past. “Arc” means to rule over, there are at least 3 arc-angels that Scripture mentions which are somewhat like one angel that over-sees a vast host of other angels. But this doesn’t appear to be one of those either. We’ve already noted also that many times the word angel is used as a synonym as an apostle.

Angel - Apostle
If you take your concordance and compare the two words, angel and apostle, you’d be very surprised to see the similarities. The word “apostle” means “sent one”. The word “angel” means “messenger”. Apostles have a message, they’re commissioned by God. So who is this angel? Remembering the angel to each one of the seven churches we saw in the opening of this book, it’s clear to see the angels being referred to there are actually the messengers that have been given oversight of those churches.

Description of the Angel
When we see how this angel is described here in verse one And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire. It’s obvious this angel is no ordinary angel, it’s Jesus. There are those that would argue and ask why doesn’t it just say it’s Jesus then? The truth is, no where in Scripture does it describe an ordinary angel with this kind of orientation. If we understand and remember the symbols and track them through the book, we can easily see the pattern and identity every time these angels are mentioned. We know the difference then between the physical manifestation and the spiritual symbolism.

Actually, if you pay attention to the references listed inside the columns of the text for those that are reading out of reference Bibles, there are Old Testament Scriptures referenced when we see these images in Revelation. Those references will take you back to where these things are mentioned first so you can then see how the Bible will interpret itself without your opinion getting the truth twisted. The Old Testament will help you define these images.

This mighty angel was clothed with a cloud.
Again this couldn’t be said of a common angel at all. In the Old Testament, it was often indicated that Jesus himself would appear and be surrounded by a cloud. The Tabernacle of Moses is one of those times when it was clear that Jesus appeared with clouds surrounding him. When we see the tabernacle of Moses here and understand that he’s beyond the veil before the mercy seat, he’s speaking of the third dimension. The mercy seat is located in the Holy of Holies which is the third part of the Tabernacle. You have the outer court, the holy place and the most holy place.

Lev. 16:2
And the LORD said unto Moses, Speak unto Aaron thy brother, that he come not at all times into the holy [place] within the vail before the mercy seat, which [is] upon the ark; that he die not: for I will appear in the cloud upon the mercy seat.

Glory Cloud, Not a New Vision
The glory cloud that we see here is not the first time we see it in Scripture. This is unlike any natural cloud that we have ever known. We are given the reference of a cloud so we get a picture of what was happening. But a physical cloud to them is a spiritual cloud to us. A physical cloud is simply a replica of the spiritual one that they saw.

Exodus 40
34Then the cloud covered the Tabernacle, and the glorious presence of the LORD filled it. 35Moses was no longer able to enter the Tabernacle because the cloud had settled down over it, and the Tabernacle was filled with the awesome glory of the LORD. 36Now whenever the cloud lifted from the Tabernacle and moved, the people of Israel would set out on their journey, following it. 37But if the cloud stayed, they would stay until it moved again. 38The cloud of the LORD rested on the Tabernacle during the day, and at night there was fire in the cloud so all the people of Israel could see it. This continued throughout all their journeys.

Psalm 104
1O my soul, bless GOD! GOD, my God, how great you are! beautifully, gloriously robed, 2Dressed up in sunshine (light), and all heaven stretched out for your tent.
3You built your palace on the ocean deeps, made a chariot out of clouds and took off on wind--wings. 4You commandeered winds as messengers, appointed fire and flame as ambassadors.

A Spiritual Picture of Moses’ Temple Cloud
All things in the Old Testament are a type and shadow of Jesus in the New Testament. They are all symbols and patterns of the truth which is Christ. The picture of the cloud of God’s glory filling the temple to the point that the priests couldn’t even continue their work is a picture I’ve never taken time to see until now that we’re looking at all things from a heavenly or spiritual perspective. But the fact that we are all temples of the Holy Ghost; we are all mobile “holy of holies” that are reflecting the light of God’s glory through our lives everywhere we go.

The fact that once the temple was completed and all was ready for the ministries of the priests to begin their duties, when God shows up, it all stops. To me, this is the same thing that Jesus cried out to all who’d listen “Come unto me, all you who are heavy laden, who’re are weary, My yoke is easy and My burden is light, I will give you rest.” That glory cloud disabled the priests to do any work. When I come to the place in my own spiritual temple where I’ve invited Christ to come in, his presence in me replaces all the religious activity that I could ever muster. When I come to that realization, then all that is required of me is to rest in the work that he’s already accomplished, which is a completed work and it’s a finished work.

The Rainbow Returns
In Revelation 10, we see this clearly that just from this part of Scripture here in Psalms, that it’s definitely Jesus. But then in Revelation 10, it goes even further and states there’s a rainbow over the head of this angel. Remember this rainbow was first mentioned in Revelation in chapter 4. When John stepped through the door and saw the a rainbow that encircled the throne “like an emerald”. That in and of itself would be a great study but like I mentioned at the very beginning of this study, there’s no way we could do this verse by verse because it’d take us at least 5 years!

Not a Multi-Colored Rainbow
If we had the time to do a study on stones, the emerald takes us back to the breastplate of the high priest. We’d also learn that the rainbow he speaks of is not multicolored like we understand a rainbow to be, but this one is a rainbow of one color, like an emerald. It’s a single-emerald- colored rainbow, like the one the high priest wears. It’s associated to one of the tribes of Israel. When you learn what that is, it’d take you to another door where’d you need even more time to be led to understand what that part was all about as well. These “mysteries” are not hidden from us, they are hidden for us.

Rainbow Speaks of Covenant
God is enabling us to crack the code. Those that have hungry hearts are being given insights to things that have always been there, but used to be veiled to us. This rainbow is upon Jesus head. This doesn’t mean he’s wearing a hat that looks like a rainbow. When we read this, we have to let our minds begin to systematically reach way back to the origin, or seed bed of what a rainbow is all about. It’s in Revelation 4, but it’s also in Ezekiel 1. He saw a rainbow around the throne.

As in the Days of Noah . . .
But the rainbow goes all the way back to the beginning of civilization after the flood of Noah and he stepped off the ark and the rainbow was first established. There’s so much to go into there as well but rather than get too sidetracked with that, keep in mind that Scripture says “as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the coming of the Son of Man. Men would be eating and drinking, all the characteristics that was going on in Noah’s day is going to repeat itself in the coming of the Son of God.

This doesn’t necessarily mean we are to look at the wickedness of our time and compare that with the days of Noah because the days of the coming of the Son of man has already passed. Jesus has already come! He Is coming and he Shall come! The Lord is coming all the time. Let’s make sure this is nailed down though. I’m not saying Jesus isn’t physically returning, it is truth that Jesus is physically going to return. But between the physical return and now, there are several “coming of the Lord” and there are many passages of Scripture that substantiate that.

The Number 8 = New Beginnings
So, back in the days of Noah, there were a total of 8 people being saved by water. Peter speaks of these things being a type and figure of how not only these 8 people were saved by the deluge of water, 8 being the number of new beginnings. On the 8th day, a baby is named, in the Old Testatment. On the 8th day the baby is circumcised. (Think about the spiritual significance of that) It’s definitely a number of new beginnings. And Peter says this is a picture that we are saved from the judgment of God by water baptism.

Spiritual Arks
So when we see the word “rainbow” we may never understand what John is seeing, this angel with a rainbow on his head, we may never understand what this means if we don’t get why God put a rainbow in the sky to begin with. When Noah stepped off the ark with this family, they stepped on a new creation. The ark wasn’t just a big boat, it has a much more significant meaning than just a boat. It’s not the only ark in Scripture either.

Moses was hidden in an ark as an infant. And Moses was instructed to build an ark for the most Holy Place in his maturity. That ark the Noah and his family was on was three stories high. (Outer court, inner court, most holy place) It’s got one door in it (Jesus said “I am the door”) There’s one window and he releases out of it a raven, an unclean bird and we see that raven fly all through Scripture and it doesn’t find a landing place until you get to Revelation chapter 18 and we see him land in Babylon which is the cage and holding place of every unclean bird.

The Olive Branch of Jesus
But when he let the dove go, it came back with an olive branch in it’s mouth because it only had to fly to Matthew 3 where he found the olive branch standing in the Jordan river and his name was Jesus and he was the origin of a bran-new world. God wants us to have upon our head a rainbow, a covenantal mentality and even though we may have a bumper sticker declaring our alliegence to God, we don’t have the rainbow upon our heads. We’re still walking around with our yokes of the old way of thinking and mind-sets. We’re full of stinking thinking. The old man may be dead but we still have his socks in our drawer and his picture upon our dresser and every morning when we get out of bed, we still go to those things and remember what the old man was like in us and we still wear his socks and we still walk in the old walk.

Pitch = Atonement
But God wants us to see there’s a mighty angel that has descended down to us who is clothed in the glory of God, with a rainbow on his head, he has made a covenant! The rainbow is a covenant. I have a covenant with Jesus, I’m no longer under the curse of sin and death. The story of Noah and his family isn’t just some neat story we can tell our kids, that had pitch from within and without. The word pitch there means atonement. It’s about the atonement and it’s been sealed within and with out. Ephesians says He has sealed us with the atonement of Jesus.

God’s Children See Fire, God’s Enemy, Darkness
God wants us to understand something, it’s the finished work of Jesus Christ. So we see this angel come with a rainbow upon his head, “Lord let this rainbow rest upon our head and drive away all of our clouded thinking.” When the Children of Israel made their exit from Egypt in Exodus 14 it says that on the side the children of Israel were on, the cloud was full of fire. But on the side the Egyptians were on that were chasing Israel, it was darkness. We just need to choose which side we want to be on.

The Wrong side of the Cloud
For people that are always seeing things negative and gloomy and they have a dim view of life in general and a low esteem of who they think they are, they’re just on the wrong side of the cloud. Now, this is not what everybody’s saying about the book of Revelation but this is truly what it’s all about. Even though we’ve been taught that there’s going to be this huge, gigantic angel that comes out of the skies and it has a big rainbow circling it’s head and it plants one huge foot on the Atlantic ocean and the other foot sets on some continent, that’s not what this is about. John is seeing in a prophetical language.

These symbols represent something here and we’re not going to know what it represents if we try to interpret it with the current headlines of today’s newspapers. We need to get deeper in the archives of Scripture and learn what rainbows are, what clouds are, what mighty angels are, then all of this stuff comes clear. What I’m telling you here about this book creates faith in your heart. What I’m saying brings clarity to your understanding, it makes sense. It’s not as bazaar as what we’ve been told all these years. The book of Revelation is not about Godzilla monsters and bugs as big as tanks. It’s about Jesus!!!!

His face as the sun
A rainbow about his head, he’s clothed with the clouds, a face like the sun . . .where’ve we seen this before? We don’t need to go far back in Revelation and we’ll see reference to the face of Jesus is like the sun, but then if you go back just a little further, you will also see in Matthew 17, Jesus was here in his earthly existence and he goes up on a mountain with three of the closes disciples and as he begins praying, he’s transfigured into the same being with the same description that we’re seeing again here in Revelation!

Spiritual Illumination
Jesus is trying to reveal to John that the work is finished. Malachi 4:2 talks about Jesus being the sun who has risen with healing in his wings.. The reason why it’s so important for us to see the face of God like this in the brilliance of the son, is because there are things you can see in the spiritual light that you can’t see in the physical light. It’s just like when you’re home and you see your clothes that appear to be clean enough to go into public, but when you step out into the sunlight, it becomes abundantly clear that you’ve made a grave error in wearing that particular garment. We’re talking about getting a revelation by looking into the son. 1 Corinthians 3 speaks about when we behold his face, we are changed into the same image as by the spirit from glory to glory.

His feet are like pillars of fire.
We saw this same imagery in Revelation one. His feet are like brass in a furnace. From his feet to his face, if you lay that over the tabernacle of Moses you’ll see the alignment. When you approach the tabernacle the first thing you’d see is a brazen altar where animal sacrifices are made. The altar is made of brass, just like Jesus feet. Here in this part of Revelation it depicts his feet as pillars of fire. In Solomon it speaks of his legs as pillars of marble. In the temple of Solomon, there were two pillars that were set in the entrance of the temple. These pillars speak of the character of Jesus. Two is the number of witness. All these things he’s seeing is a collection of understanding further with greater depth the work of Jesus.

So we see his feet are as pillars of fire and it works up to his face which is like the sun. If I’m going all the way through the tabernacle, and find out first of all there’s this brazen altar which again, is Jesus feet. And I progress through the 7 pieces of the tabernacle which lead me behind the veil where the ark is and I find I’m exposed to the glory of God. There was no lampstand or fire, but it was the glory of God that lit up the holy of holies.

Commitment Beyond the Veil
Most of us church-going people worship God because of what he gives instead of because who he is. All we want to do is hang out around the lamp stand and the table of show bread. As we’ve learned that on the right hand, Jesus is the bread and on his left hand he is the light of the world. And all we want is the prophetic ministry or just the revelation. There’s nothing wrong with those things, they are good in and of themselves, but it’s not God’s intention that we end our journey there. We need to desire to move beyond the veil where there is relationship, commitment, and covenant. We tend to ignore his face because we just want what’s in his hand.

Right foot on the sea, left foot on the earth.
When he puts one foot on the sea and the other on the earth, beginning with Genesis 3 we see where it’s indicated that God is going to put his foot upon his enemies. This is where we see that the foot of the seed of the woman will crush the head of the serpent. From there you can see through Scripture how the foot will be put on the enemy. Joshua speaks about where ever your feet walk, the land will be given to you. When Joshua finally finds the Canaanite kings and he puts he foot on their neck.

Joshua is a Hebrew name for Jesus. He puts he foot upon their neck. What does that have to do with this passage in Revelation? Because we see here where he puts on foot on the earth and another foot on the sea. It’s showing us, because this is still about Jesus, that he has put his foot down on authority. He has claimed power and authority over everything on the earth, above the earth and below the earth. This is the same thing Jesus proclaimed to the disciples after his resurrection. Before the cross, everything Jesus did was through the authority of God, his Father, the one who sent him. But after the cross, all authority was handed over to him as well, and now, instead of judgment being handed down to us, we are redeemed through his own blood. There is a promise to Jesus that he will rest at the right hand of God until God makes all his enemies his “footstool”.

Revelation is simply the words of Jesus in pictures

The “Land” is Israel
Ephesians 1 says everything has been put under his feet. In this passage of Scripture it shows him exercising his authority on the land and sea. This shows several things. One of which is the fact that historically, the land that his foot is on speaks of Israel as a nation. Whenever you hear reference to Israel, you see it’s always connected to “the land”. That was the promise given to the Israelites as they were in the wilderness. They would inherit “the land” flowing with milk and honey.

Sea’s are Wicked Nations
Seas refer to wicked nations. The wicked are like the sea being tossed to and fro. “The voice of thy brother’s blood doth cry out to me from the “ground”. Historically Jesus feet are planted or he has authority over both Israel and the nations. The other way to see this is on a personal basis. The land and sea can be seen as duality in us. James one speaks of a double minded man is unstable in all of his ways. He is like the waves of the sea being tossed to and fro.

Jude
13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Calming the Storm
When Jesus steps out on the sea and calms the waves, that’s not recorded just for the purpose of showing the fact that Jesus has super natural powers to overcome the natural surroundings. Everything Jesus ever did has a spiritual application to it. When he said we’ll have the ability to do greater things than he did, he wasn’t just implying we’ll be able to walk in bigger waves or more powerful storms. Those things were representing other, more deeper principles. We need to look beyond the miracle and see the message.

Every Miracle is a Spiritual Lesson
Not one of the 27 recorded miracles are there just to impress us with his ability to defy the laws of nature. From the healings to the casting out of demons, in every instance he was using the circumstance as a learning tool for a deeper meaning. This isn’t to say that it’s not important or that it didn’t happen physically, it definitely did. But we need to understand there’s so much more behind the motives of Jesus as to why he did what he had done. If a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways . .

The Mirror of God’s word
This double-mindedness is compared to how we come to the word of God and we look into the perfect law of liberty as we look into a mirror and see what God is showing us concerning things in his word and his image in us, but as we walk away from the mirror, we forget what manner of man we are. You can come into this place and as the spirit of revelation is moving so strongly and you feel the moving of God on your heart and then the next day, everything that you heard in here is already forgotten and you go through your day as though the day before never happened.

Psalms 12

2They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak. 3The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things:

In James 1:1, it states that he’s speaking to the godly Jews, not pagans

James 1 6But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord 8A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
James 4 4Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. 5Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy? 6But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. 7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded
Fighting Against Stormy Seas
There’s a storm of double-mindedness that goes on between our ears. You will definitely lose your lunch spiritually, you’ll lose all that you digested because you’ve got no true foundation to hold on to and as the sea of confusion approaches you, you do one of two things, you either rely on the boat you’ve built with carnal understanding of what God is and choose to ride through the waves that toss you around, not realizing that your carnally-built boat is no match for the sea you’re in. Or, you’ve become so confused in it all because you’ve accepted some of the new while hanging on to some of the old and there’s no firm grip within your reach as you’re swallowed up by the waves also. Either way, you’re drowning.

It’s Not a Requirement to Understand “Everything”
But for those that have planted their feet on the rock, when the storms come and the wind blows and the waters begin to press in, it’s those that will remain standing after the passing of the storm because it’s not by my own understanding that this foundation is built, it’s on God’s revealing nature to my spirit and I can depend on. Do I understand every dimensional concept? Of course not, not yet anyway. But the key is that we are not obligated to fall into that trap. There is no place in Scripture that implies you have to have full understanding of all things about God.

Heart-vs-Mind
John says that there aren’t enough books to contain the acts of Jesus, could you imagine what’d it take to contain the patterns and principles behind those acts? It’s not our minds that God is trying to transform, it’s our hearts. Our hearts do not have the capacity to utilize human logic. That’s what our minds are for. But our mind is also our downfall because we convince ourselves that if my mind doesn’t comprehend it, I don’t want it in my heart, so we reject the principle.

But Proverbs 3:5 tells us that we’re not to lean on our own understanding and Jesus takes this much further with the teaching of parables. It’s not the mind that he wants to plant the seeds in, it’s the heart. Scripture doesn’t say that only those that have full understanding will receive more understanding. It says those who are “open” or “receptive” to Jesus patterns and principles will receive the understanding behind them.

A Receptive Heart
Matthew 13

10The disciples came up and asked, "Why do you tell stories?" 11He replied, "You've been given insight into God's kingdom. You know how it works. Not everybody has this gift, this insight; it hasn't been given to them. 12Whenever someone has a ready heart for this, the insights and understandings flow freely. But if there is no readiness, any trace of receptivity soon disappears. 13That's why I tell stories: to create readiness, to nudge the people toward receptive insight. In their present state they can stare till doomsday and not see it, listen till they're blue in the face and not get it. 14I don't want Isaiah's forecast repeated all over again: Your ears are open but you don't hear a thing. Your eyes are awake but you don't see a thing. 15The people are blockheads! They stick their fingers in their ears so they won't have to listen; They screw their eyes shut so they won't have to look, so they won't have to deal with me face-to-face and let me heal them. 16"But you have God-blessed eyes--eyes that see! And God-blessed ears--ears that hear! 17A lot of people, prophets and humble believers among them, would have given anything to see what you are seeing, to hear what you are hearing, but never had the chance.

Individual Symbolism of the Earth and Sea
We need Jesus to put his foot not only on our earth, where there are those areas in my life that are stable and sound, where there have been firm foundations planted deeply in his truths. But I also need him to put his foot down on my unstableness as well. Where I have double-mindedness. The instability of my life so I’ll stop spitting up and losing the word of God. May he stop the sea-sickness in me and calm the storm of my mind. Let him put his foot on my earth and sea. Doesn’t this understanding make more sense than what we’ve been taught in the past? An Angel the size of the Statue of Liberty standing at the edge of the Atlantic Ocean with one foot in and one foot out. It’s not meant to be taken literally, it’s signs and symbols.

3 And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices

The Meaning of Thunder
We see the number seven here again. This number is especially used in this chapter as mentioned earlier. Why do you suppose, he’s giving reference to the sound of a lion and seven thunders? In John 12 we see another reference to this in the sense when Jesus prayed to God and God responded to his prayer with a literal voice that came from heaven and promised him he would restore him back to his place before the world was. And after that episode happened, there were other listeners that began questioning to each other about the sound of “thunder”. Others thought he was speaking with an angel.

The thunder indicates climatic change taking place in the heavenlies. Isn’t it interesting that when we come to something where we don’t understand it, we simply discard it as being vague? We need to humble ourselves because if we’re to receive truth, it’s through meekness. James 1 states that the engrafted word is received through meekness. Humility is how you get truth.

Psalm 81:7
7 Thou calledst in trouble, and I delivered thee; I answered thee in the secret place of thunder: I proved thee at the waters of Meribah. Selah.

What do you think this secret place is? It’s the place where God is eternally. It’s that quiet place behind the veil. It’s from the secret place of thunder. It’s where we’ve been hearing the message from in the whole chapter, it’s a message from beyond the veil, from the most holy place, from the third dimension.

Resistance to Receiving the Message
Sometimes I feel waves that try to come against me when I refer to using this type of terminology. This is part of a deeper life study where it is required of all of us to not hesitate as we come into the river all the way. This secret place is the holy of holies, it’s where the sound of thunder comes from. And do you notice a lot of the language you see in the Psalms has a striking resemblance of what’s in Revelation?

Psalm 77
18 The voice of thy thunder was in the heaven: the lightnings lightened the world: the earth trembled and shook

Lightning Strikes
You’ll find through the study of Revelation that it’s paired together all through out the book, voices, thunderings and earthquakes. Often times I hear thunder throughout the week from others. Thunder in it’s simplest analysis that there is climatic change that is taken place in the heavenlies. Have you ever experienced a situation where you’re going along and everything seems great and then somebody says one little thing that sends your whole day into a tailspin? Or you’re sitting in a service and you’re sort of keeping up with the sermon but not really and then, out of no where, something gets said that jolts your entire perspective? These are lightning strikes

Romans 1
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened

The Natural Things Symbolize Spiritual Concepts
The visible things of creation, speak clearly of the invisible things of God. God hasn’t left us without a clue in a maze of mystical things and deception. He has put all around you keys and if you’d just reach out and take them you could open the doors that lead you into a level of God that no human eye has ever seen.

That’s why Jesus picks up seeds, and why he talks about trees and he speaks about a bird flying over and he talks about a donkey, he takes things that we’ve been around all our lives and we’ve grown up with and he takes those images that have always been there rich in their culture and he says “this is what it means. He talks about a rock, he talks about water, he talks about a river. He uses a rooster.

Natural to Spiritual, In Scripture
When I hear “thunder”, now, this doesn’t mean I get spiritual whenever I hear thunder in the natural. It just means it’s going to rain and unless it’s life threatening, I don’t pay much attention to it. This isn’t to say that there may be spiritual connections to a storm front moving through, it’s just not always a priority to get on my knees in searching for answers every time it rains outside.

But when we see it in Scripture we understand it to have a spiritual meaning beyond it’s physical existence. Spiritually, it indicates climatic change on the horizon of the lives of those that experienced it. By climate, I’m not just talking about atmospheric things that are around me that influence me and are over me, but I’m talking about things that are coming to a climax or an end. God’s pattern is, and has always been to take away the first in order to introduce the second.

This is seen explicitly in Hebrews of the Old Covenant being laid aside to make room for the new. For the order of Levi to step down and give way to the order of Melchezidek. There is always a thunder that precedes the change of atmosphere. We see that physically and as we just read in Romans 1, what we see physically isn’t coincidence, it’s to enable us to see and understand how God’s patterns work spiritually. So, when we hear about thunder, we know that it’s to be understood spiritually.

Thunder Comes From Heaven, Not Man
As we read in Psalm 77:18, it stated that the thundering was in the heavens. It’s important to know that all of this is coming from heaven. Why? Because most of what we hear that men say God is saying isn’t coming from heaven at all. It’s an interpretation of what is going on in natural things. Natural things are only a reflection of what’s going on in heaven. They are an effect, not the cause. I know now when I’m hearing the word of God preached from the perspective of heaven and when I hear it preached from the perspective of the evening news.

In fact, it doesn’t take long to see that even the most predominant preachers of our day that we see on our televisions will quote more statistics from the current events and sprinkle a Scripture here and there to make it look like one is fulfilling the other when all it is, is an interpretation of the natural rather than an understanding of the patterns of the spiritual. Give me the true word of the Lord, from heaven.

Rain Symbolizes Teaching
So when we hear the thunder in Scripture, we know there’s a change in the spiritual climate. We know rain is about to come, teaching is coming. Teaching is the cause, rain is the effect. We know he’s not only getting ready to plant, but he’s getting ready to water. There are some things in my spirit that God has planted long ago and now it’s time for those things to be watered so they can come into maturity in me.

1Ki 8:36
Then hear thou in heaven, and forgive the sin of thy servants, and of thy people Israel, that thou teach them the good way wherein they should walk, and give rain upon thy land, which thou hast given to thy people for an inheritance.

The Shaking of God’s Voice
The reason why the pairing of the voices, thundering and earthquakes go together is because in Hebrews 12 God states that he has spoken and will speak again. He had shook the heavens and the earth and he will shake it again. The voice of the Lord will always shake things I want you to be shaken when you leave from the services. The church needs to be shaken and return it’s focus on the truth of the Word rather than it’s programs on how to keep the people content.

God is Shaking His Church, One Last Time

Hebrews 12
25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven: 26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. 28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: 29 For our God is a consuming fire
. KJV

New Living Translation
25See to it that you obey God, the one who is speaking to you. For if the people of Israel did not escape when they refused to listen to Moses, the earthly messenger, how terrible our danger if we reject the One who speaks to us from heaven! 26When God spoke from Mount Sinai his voice shook the earth, but now he makes another promise: "Once again I will shake not only the earth but the heavens also."[f] 27This means that the things on earth will be shaken, so that only eternal things will be left.

Hebrews 12 – MESSAGE Translation
25So don't turn a deaf ear to these gracious words. If those who ignored earthly warnings didn't get away with it, what will happen to us if we turn our backs on heavenly warnings? 26His voice that time shook the earth to its foundations; this time--he's told us this quite plainly--he'll also rock the heavens: "One last shaking, from top to bottom, stem to stern." 27The phrase "one last shaking" means a thorough housecleaning, getting rid of all the historical and religious junk so that the unshakable essentials stand clear and uncluttered. 28Do you see what we've got? An unshakable kingdom! And do you see how thankful we must be? Not only thankful, but brimming with worship, deeply reverent before God. For God is not an indifferent bystander. 29He's actively cleaning house, torching all that needs to burn, and he won't quit until it's all cleansed. God himself is Fire!

This is what John is also saying in Revelation, the seven thunders. If thunder represents spiritual climactic change, then seven thunders must tell you that this is the final shaking that Hebrews is speaking about, again, John is “seeing” what Scripture has been “saying”. We are seeing that shaking even now. God is turning the tables of self-serving religions over and he’s declaring we let go of the religious stuff that we’ve accumulated in the storage bins of our minds. And we return the house back to the original house of prayer that God established long ago. Only then will we see the power return to the church. If we don’t leave God’s house shaken up, then we haven’t heard the voice of the Lord. ‘

2 Tape 10 part 2 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:57 pm

cross-eyed

Fault Lines
When the voice of God speaks, it causes earth quakes. It finds all the fault lines in our souls that are hidden and we can’t see them. If people knew they were living directly over fault lines, they would move. But they don’t know because it’s so deep down and hidden. But when God speaks, there is a thundering that unearth’s the fault lines of our lives and there is a declaration that a change in the atmosphere is taking place and after that announcement comes, the rains of teaching immediately follows. God won’t just make a declaration and leave you on your own. When he brings change, he brings instruction and teaching.

Flooding Spiritual channels of Life
When there is a concentration of teaching, spiritual knowledge threatens the banks of limitations of our minds. If our heads are not too deeply embedded with the ruts of human knowledge and religion, then the waters will soon flood and the boundaries of understanding overflow outside of our banks of control. Then all areas surrounding the spiritual river flowing out of us will be watered as well. After some time, the waters do recede back within our banks of understanding but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Just like in the natural, banks of a river are a necessity to keep the water centralized, so are the banks or control limits of the human understanding. But the key is that we understand once the waters of revelation and revival recede back within our banks, it simply means we’ve been able to become transformed in the flooding of the spirit and now we’re absorbing the spiritual waters deeper in the riverbed of our heart.

Matt. 13
7When John realized that a lot of Pharisees and Sadducees were showing up for a baptismal experience because it was becoming the popular thing to do, he exploded: "Brood of snakes! What do you think you're doing slithering down here to the river? Do you think a little water on your snakeskins is going to make any difference? 8It's your life that must change, not your skin! 9And don't think you can pull rank by claiming Abraham as father. Being a descendant of Abraham is neither here nor there. Descendants of Abraham are a dime a dozen. 10What counts is your life. Is it green and blossoming? Because if it's deadwood, it goes on the fire.

Dead Wood
Flooding also carries away all the dead wood that was once laying on the floor of our understanding. Doctrines and philosophies of human understanding become dead to the truth and freedom of the Spirit and they need to be taken away by the current of the revelational river that God is loosing upon our hearts. That dead stuff doesn’t always leave easily. It likes to jam up the flow of the spirit and try to slow it down, but as long as this dead wood is in the water, it is absorbing the water and softening and eventually loses it’s brittle nature and finally breaks and is then carried away. Either way, it’s removed.

Banks of Balance
A person with shallow spiritual banks is one that is quickly caught up in spiritual matters but has no firm structure. As soon as the river of the spirit rises, they are the first ones to get emotional and weepy and such which is all fine, but when the waters of the spirit recede, they remain flooded because their banks have no depth. So they go through life over-spiritualizing everything around them. You ever meet the type?

On the other end of the spectrum are those that have banks that are so high that it’d take the flood of Noah before they were affected. Those are the ones that are so tight on their personal understanding and interpretations that no man or woman could ever convince them that there may be a possibility that they might just be wrong about their opinion of how things are to be in the Spirit. Their banks are so high and their riverbeds are so deep that there’s no possibility of allowing the Spirit to overflow their banks of understanding because they have become so fixed in their own interpretation that there’s no flexibility in their hearts. Much like the new wine in old wine skins. The flood season can not reach their deadwood.

Balance Brings Freedom
No, the most prosperous way is a balanced way. We need to have rivers, that’s a given. Scripture says from out of our bellies, rivers of living water shall flow. That is metaphoric as well. So it’s clear we need to have rivers of spiritual life flowing through us. Life, what is that? It’s freedom in Christ. Not freedom to do what I please with no consequences, but freedom from the bondages and restrictions that the enemy tries to instill in us. Believers and unbelievers alike have self-inflicted restrictions they put on themselves in order to accomplish their attempt to “be a better person.”

Truth Opposite of Carnal Thinking
The truth is actually in reverse. To be a better person is not to create rules and regulations to live by in an attempt to maintain a high standard of morals. But it’s to allow the Spirit of God to be planted in you and then, in return, His Spirit will transform you into that better person because you’re adopted into a spiritual bloodline that is eternal. You’ll be transformed from the inside out by his Spirit, rather than from the outside in by man-made laws.

So, we need rivers of life flowing through us. But the rivers we need are not rivers with too shallow of banks, nor banks that are too tall. We need to have banks that can comprehend and accept the flow of the spirit and yet have the ability to allow the Holy Spirit to flood our understanding every so often to create pools of wisdom within our minds and at the same time, wash away the deadwood of our carnal interpretations of God’s intent. Bottom line, let the Holy Spirit flow freely in and out of our understanding with no dams to control what He wants to do in us and through us. Doctrine, religion and man-made laws are the enemy’s way of stifling the flow of the spirit in our lives.

Thunder Causes Spiritual Shifting
So when the thunder of God speaks and shakes our spirit and causes reverberation that no one can see and we don’t even know they’re there ourselves. And yet suddenly there’s a shifting in the core of our soul. The spiritual thunder causes a shifting deep within us and everything that we’ve built our life on and our foundations of self worth and innermost securities on those areas where we’ve built our identity from, he causes it all to crumble. So much so that not one stone of our foundation is left on top of the other. God will not let any man build on any other foundation than His Son which is Jesus Christ and him alone.

God’s Voice Over-rides Everything
This thunder is not just something that can barely be heard, but it is a LOUD voice, a LOUD trumpet blast, a LOUD peal of thunder. This isn’t to say it’s about some preacher that is caught up in the moment of delivering revelation and the volume of his breath is taken to a higher level. But it’s speaking of the fact that God will not be ignored. No other voice can be lifted above his, no other God is to be set before “The God”.

The volume of God’s voice can come in the form of physical silence, yet it has such a spiritual impact that you hear nothing else other than the voice of the Lord speaking to your heart as to what needs to stay and what needs to be released in your life. The thing about this part is, no matter where you go or what you’re doing, nothing you’re going through will drown out what God is saying to your heart, that is what I mean by the voice of thunder. It’s God’s voice “enveloping” you and you know it, but you can’t run away from it, and it changes your identity.

I Am God’s House
The reason for the thunder and power in God’s message that comes to shake and separate is because there are many things we’ve built to our code through our carnal interpretation that has nothing to do with His foundation. And he has to tear them down in us so that he can make room in us to build his TRUE sanctuary. Jesus said his father’s house is a house of prayer, but our self-serving religion has turned it into a den of thieves. We read elsewhere in Scripture that our bodies are also temples for the Holy Spirit to reside.

What I am is Not What I am to Be
We were originally formed and fashioned to house the Spirit of God. We are to be God’s mobile house of prayer and we’ve taken this house and formulated life-styles that serve the flesh instead of the spirit. We have taken our house of prayer that God built, and I’ve turned it into a den acceptable only to spirits that live according to their own rules. They submit to no one, they live by no man’s law, nor by God’s law, but by whatever desire that satisfies their own selfish natures. That’s what Jesus was speaking about. God’s spiritual house is me. The den of thieves is what I’ve turned it into. The thundering that is shaking the temple to the core and turning the tables is God’s way of saying enough is enough. Hebrews 12:27 says it all.

Message Translation
27The phrase "one last shaking" means a thorough housecleaning, getting rid of all the historical and religious junk so that the unshakable essentials stand clear and uncluttered

27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain
KJV

You can’t run from an earthquake. Even though it only lasts seconds, it’s destruction is unimaginable. Some of us need that earthquake to come in to us and tear down some things that we’ve built fences and walls and even dams up to protect. But we’ve not built them according to his true standard and code. When his voice thunders, there’s no hiding. His voice will find every thing in us that was built with the wrong motives, doctrines and teachings. The only thing that will be left standing is truth.

Seven Thunders
There are at least seven significant places in Scripture where we see reference to the thunders. But that’s really not what we’re supposed to try to find out what they are if you read Revelation just a little further, you’ll see John was told not to record any of what they said. Have you ever wondered what lightning is good for? We see it as a major destructive force right?

Lightning Brings Growth
Do you realize every time you see a flash of lightning it charges the atmosphere with power? There are certain elements of growth that we think are confined just to the sun and rain, but when lightning flashes in the air, it releases electrical energy in the air. It ionizes the atmosphere, so much so that it causes even the most tender thing to grow. So it’s not just flashes of lightning that can reach into a forest and take out one tree. God’s judgement can reach out and isolate on person or one situation in one person and take something in us that we’ve been shaded by and are comfortable with and it’s been growing in us all our life and we’d rather he not bother, but with one flash of his lightning it’s gone.

We cry to God and say “come on, I was growing that all of my life, I found comfort in the branches of that, it brought shade to the pounding sun of my life and in one flash, he simply destroys that which never should have been there in the first place.

THE VOICE OF THE LORD IS . . .

Psa 29:1 [[A Psalm of David.]] Give unto the LORD, O ye mighty, give unto the LORD glory and strength.
Psa 29:2 Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
Psa 29:3 The voice of the LORD [is] upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the LORD [is] upon many waters.
Psa 29:4 The voice of the LORD [is] powerful; the voice of the LORD [is] full of majesty.
Psa 29:5 The voice of the LORD breaketh the cedars; yea, the LORD breaketh the cedars of Lebanon.
Psa 29:6 He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.
Psa 29:7 The voice of the LORD divideth the flames of fire.

Psa 29:8 The voice of the LORD shaketh the wilderness; the LORD shaketh the wilderness of Kadesh.
Psa 29:9 The voice of the LORD maketh the hinds to calve, and discovereth the forests: and in his temple doth every one speak of [his] glory.
Psa 29:10 The LORD sitteth upon the flood; yea, the LORD sitteth King for ever.
Psa 29:11 The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.

What a great vision of the voice of the Lord. There are so many things here that I could linger on but this passage is just for confirmation of what has already been said.

Voice of a Lion
In verse 3 of Revelation 10 it refers to the loud voice is as of one of a lion. If you were to do a word study on “lion” you’d learn that there are more references to the lion being Christ than the lion being Satan. Yet many emphasize the fact that Satan is as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour, and they skim over the fact that the lion of Judah is the King of kings and Lord of Lords. Satan is not a lion, he may go around “as” a lion, but there’s only one king of the beasts!

2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth, 3 And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices

First Mention of My Mind as the Antichrist
There are certain things that are secret that God chooses not to reveal and this is sometimes a tough thing to swallow because we in our natural mind want an explanation for everything. The reason being is because the natural mind is a god unto itself. It is the antichrist that sits in the temple of God that declares itself to be God and above God.

If I can’t get an answer, people will get mad with God, if not at God then at the one in whom God manifests. Because God won’t tell them everything that they think they should know. There are many times when God just doesn’t want you to know the end or the specifics of a situation. Why? What does it matter? If God remains silent on an issue, why are you wanting to continue pushing it?

Deut. 29:29
29GOD, our God, will take care of the hidden things but the revealed things are our business. It's up to us and our children to attend to all the terms in this Revelation

God’s Will Sometimes Is To Keep Us in the Dark
There are certain things that God allows to remain sealed up in our lives. He lets thunder shake our world and we look at it and listen to it and we try our best to figure it out and it makes no sense to us. And it won’t ever make sense to us and we can wear ourselves out for the rest of our lives until we learn how to rest in the sovereignty of God and know that God is not obligated to tell us anything.

Now, many will also quote God’s phone number, Jeremiah 33:3 where it states Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. But there are just some secrets that God has simply sealed up. And he’ll let it thunder in your head and let his word have an affect on your life, but he is under no obligation to explain to you.

REVELATION 10
4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not. 5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, 6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer

Jesus is a Witness Testifying
The reason why we see Jesus here is we see him with his right hand lifted, this is a sign of authority. With one foot on the sea and another on the earth, this is humanity and nations, or government. The heavens are full of voices with thundering, these are prophetic voices that are thundering back to the earth not only God’s judgment, which again, isn’t always a negative thing, it has to do with God bringing righteousness and order in our lives.

So here you have Jesus who is clothed with a cloud and he’s got a rainbow around his head and his face is shining like the sun with one foot on the earth the other on the sea and his right hand is raised in the air. He is swearing by him the liveth forever. What is he doing? It is a picture that we’ve already seen in Revelation. It’s a picture of a witness because in the early chapters he refers himself as the faithful witness. So when he stands on the earth and sea and he is lifting his hand, he is ratifying, he is confirming and making clear the covenant that he has made. And it touches everything which is why it’s talking about heaven and earth and the things of the sea, everywhere in every dimension, in every way there’s no way to get out from under the influence and covenant of Jesus.

Making it all Personal
No matter how much you feel you’ve been alienated or ostersized, or how far removed you feel. Even though you sense God is seemingly bringing judgment to other areas of your life and on others. There’s no way to escape what God is putting his foot on. He’s got everything under his feet. You don’t know what my ancestry is, you don’t know what my family is which is greatly the problem with most of us is the fact that we focus on who we were rather than who he is. And you’re always talking about what you’re experiencing and what you’re going through and I’m not being unkind by illuminating this but this book, in this book, he’s always inviting John to “come and see”.

New Man, Old Habits
Every morning you get up, Romans 6 and Colossians 2 and 3 speak of the old man of what you used to be before you’re born again. But every morning you get up and the old man’s pictures are still on the dresser and his socks are in the drawer and you get up and continue going through the same old routines and wonder why you struggle so with spiritual matters. You may have the old man removed from you, but you’re still wearing his clothes and continuing on in his old habits. But that’s why we see that everything has been put under his feet.

Being Offended, Showing Self-centeredness
Some will get into the flesh with this and become offended when the truth of the matter is, it’s not about you, it’s about Him. Those that choose to be offended after hearing from the word of God are showing there tendency to be self-centered. We’re not looking for Jesus, we’re looking for our self. “If any man be in Christ he is a ‘new’ creation.” He stepped off that ark into a new world. All that other stuff has been drowned and taken away. He didn’t just die for you, he died as you.

Living, Breathing, Bitter Herbs
Every time we talk about what’s been done to us, now before I finish this thought, let me first explain that this tendency is something that occurs occasionally in any or all of us from time to time, but that’s not my focus when I say this. It’s to those that have this as a steady diet that I’m addressing now. To those of you that constantly talk about you’re aches and pains and experiences and how life is affecting “you” and it’s what you constantly talk about and it’s something that’s always on your mind in your daily conversation, you’re not feeding upon the lamb. All you’re eating is bitter herbs. Some of the most cantankerous people are Christians.

I’m just being real about this. There are many in the church that just want to “go” up and yet they don’t want to “grow” up. It’s true for me and it’s true for you. We need to pray that every time we reach for those bitter herbs and grab from the shelf the “would-a-beens” “could-a-been’s” and the “should-a-beens” of our lives that God will make those things so they’re not just bitter going out but they’ll be bitter as we take them in and we’ll want to automatically spit them back out and stop spewing the bitterness on other believers in the name of religious justifications.

My Body, Rejecting the Food

”I would that you’re either hot or cold. But because you’re not, I will spew you out of my mouth.” What causes your body to empty the contents of the stomach? What’s the term we’d say if we became sick to our stomachs? “I ate something that . . .that “disagreed” with me. In other words, I sat down and ate something and whatever I put in my body, it decided it didn’t want to become a part of me. Or more importantly, my body didn’t want to become a part of it. The roast that I ate today at lunch, over the next couple of days, it will lose it’s identity. It will no longer be a roast, and carrots, and mushrooms.

Jesus Wants to Eat Us Up!
If it decides it’s going to break down and be assimilated, it will become bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh, because I am what I eat. That’s why Jesus said I wish you were hot or cold. He wants to consume us in our identity so that We’ll lose ours and become a part of his identity. So that you’re no longer roast on the table. He wants you to lose your identity. This is why man has had so much trouble since Adam. It’s because we’re confused about our identity. That’s why they ate of the tree of knowledge, so that they could take on the identity of God. They would be like him and know as he knows, but that was a lie. They were already like him, he made them in his own image.

Carnal Identity
In our Adamic nature, we are still confused about our identity. That’s the reason why we’re always playing games with people and putting on airs and trying to get them to accept us when we’re not showing them who we really are anyway. We haven’t read Ephesians one yet. It says God has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places. That word “blessed” there doesn’t mean that we’re being spiritually gifted with the presence of fuzziness of spiritual feelings.

Blessing = Euology
The greek word there is eulogeo {yoo-log-eh'-o}. It’s where we get our word eulogy from. It’s what someone speaks over someone who’s dead! We are dead. And God has made us, only He can make us accepted in the beloved. Stop fishin for comments, stop pouting. Get your lip off the floor. By now you ought to able to teach others and yet you still apply your bottles. Get your thumb out of your mouth. Stop manipulating. Stop playing mind-games to get people to accept you. Know that you are accepted in the blood and that your life is hid with Christ. Colossians 3 says “if you then be dead then you’re also risen in Christ. Set your affections on things that are above where Christ is.

I’m Not Okay, You’re Not Okay
Stop looking for others to accept who you are. Stop trying to convince each other that I’m okay and you’re okay. No!! We’re not okay, we’re dead!!! Only Jesus is Okay. That’s why Jesus says, “time will be no longer.” Some argue that to mean he’s referring to eternity. You know when eternity is? It’s right now. That happens because many preachers proclaim at funerals that eternity happens after you die. That’s just not so.

What Is Eternity?
Eternity always has been. They argue “then what about where the Bible talks about having eternal life?” eternal life is not a length or duration of time, it’s a quality of existence. It’s now. In God there’s only now. How can that be? Once you’ve allowed the rainbow to affect your entire way of thinking, the covenant mentality has so affected your thinking and the voices and the thunders have so thundered, seven of them, until the message has so completed to the very core of your being, then all of the sudden time won’t mean a thing to you.

It’s Now
Not carnal time when bills need to be met, but your past and your future time. When you come into this dimension of understanding, time doesn’t matter. What has happened and what will happen doesn’t matter because when it comes to the things of Christ, it’s now. That’s why in Hebrews he says “today”, when is today? Was it when he wrote it? Or is it for tomorrow? Today, if you will hear his voice and harden not your heart as in the days of provocation . . . it’s all wrapped up in Hebrews 4 where we’re to enter into the rest of God. Today is now.

Revelation 10
7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets8 And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth. 9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.10 And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings

The Seventh Angel
Understanding the symbolism of numbers, who do you suppose is the seventh angel? It’s Jesus. The alpha and omega, the beginning and the end, the mature and completed Christ. Not the Jesus we know of 2000 years ago, I’m talking about a many-membered Jesus. But in the days of the seventh angel . . . this is probably one of the most futuristic passages so far that we’ve read in this book. In the days of the voice of the seventh angel. . . . the mystery of God.

Defining ‘Mysteries’
If we only had the time to go into the mysteries of God. I’m going to tell you who he has reserved the understanding and revelation and rights to and the unsealing of the mysteries of God. Apostles and prophets, Ephesians 3:5. What is the mystery of God? There are many mysteries referred to in the pages of Scripture but two major mysteries under which all the others fall. “Great is the mystery of Godliness that God was made manifest in the flesh, seen of angels . . .Timothy. The other is the mystery of lawlessness spoken of in Thessalonians. When we understand these two mysteries . .

Progressive Understanding Continues
When it says a “mystery” that immediately denotes what it means in our culture and carnal minds is it means something “mysterious” and secretly provocative, forbidden zone of the unknown. But that’s not what it means in Scripture. It’s a mystery in terms that It’s something that we can and God wants us to understand but we have to enter into that mystery according to a certain progression. I believe there is a message that is unveiling right now.
Ephesians 3:5
5None of our ancestors understood this. Only in our time has it been made clear by God's Spirit through his holy apostles and prophets of this new order

Obviously since Jesus left this planet in his glorified resurrected body, even though these men were under his teaching, obviously for the last 2000 years there has been a progressive revelational understanding of his truths. There are things that are being understood now out of the word of God that were not understood a hundred years ago. There were things understood a hundred years ago, that were not understood a hundred years previous to that. So the mystery has been unfolding.

Seventh Angel, a Completed many-membered Body Trumpeting
But this seventh angel, when he begins to sound, it’s not just a mighty angel that has descended down from heaven. But instead, it’s when he brings his body into such perfection, as we see in 1 Corinthians 12 that we are the body of Christ. And there begins to sound out from this many-membered body on the earth, this mystery of the finished work. When Jesus died on the cross he cried out “it is finished” and the veil in the temple was ripped from top to bottom, giving us the access to the most holy place.

Still an Incomplete Body
That was true historically, but we have to be honest and admit, that even though it did happen historically and even though the feasts, the Passover, Unleavened bread, Pentecost, tabernacles, are facts of history, yet we have not stepped through the threshold experientially. Many of us, even though we know all of that and understand the gospel and the message that goes with it and we wept and felt sorry and promised never to do it again, we still have not yet scratched the surface of the finished work. Otherwise, we would not be like I mentioned a minute ago and focused on what went wrong and the “somebody done me wrong” song.

Getting Down to Earth
I am crucified with Christ. Nevertheless I live, yet not I . . . we’ve got to be identified. You were there when he died 2,000 years ago when Jesus died. Paul didn’t write that because he was literally there when Jesus died. But from a spiritual point of view, we were all there and not only did Jesus die for us while we were there, but he died as us. He died in our place. The sins you stumble with from time to time . . .they’re already paid for.

Is that to say you can then disregard the dangers of them? No, but it does mean that you don’t have to walk all hobbled up trying to understand why you’re falling from time to time. It’s simple, you’re flesh, you’ll fall. Quit crying about it and begin worshiping God instead of the hurdle you just missed. It’s not about you in the first place. This book isn’t a revelation on how God is going to make me succeed, it’s a revelation of Jesus Christ. We need to get over ourselves so we can get on with Him.

Looking At His Death as Generational
Think of it this way, if the Grand-father of my son would have died, the seed of my son would have died in him, the seed of who I am would have died there as well, and the seed of my father also. It’s the same way with Jesus, he is the seed of the first fruits and he died in the flesh as did we all. But when he resurrected, so did the seed of life in him, as have we as well. God doesn’t want you living for him, he wants to live “in” you! Religion has us so messed up.

Looking At His Death as Generational
Living for Jesus, I’m witnessing for Jesus, I’m working for Jesus! You’re doing nothing of the kind. If Jesus is living his life in you, there is no working because the work is finished! If Jesus is living in you, you should be RESTING in the promises he’s given you. Now, religion will jump all over that and try to twist it into something like, “Oh, so I just sit around and let the world go to hell in a hand-basket” See? See how that leviathan likes to twist the truth into a form of bondage and convince us that we’re not in God’s will unless we’re working.

The difference between the truth and the religion of truth is, religion says we must go out and witness and truth says, with Christ, it is not I, but Him in me and as a result, I AM a witness. One says “do”, the other say’s “be”. Christ in you is the hope of Glory.

Revelation 10
9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.

Eating the Book Sweet, Then Bitter
The same thing he told Ezekiel. Stop eating bitter herbs and eat more Lamb. It’s the same thing I’ve been trying to get you to do right now. It’s the only thing that’s going to get you out of Egypt. Sweet to the mouth, bitter to the stomach. That’s usually the way it happens, we open our mouth to it. And we swallow it and at first it’s sweet, but once it gets into your belly, or your bowels of your being, it isn’t so nice. But also see that what is sweet to us carnally, is bitter to us spiritually. That goes the other way too. What’s sweet to us spiritually, is bitter to our human nature also. It’s like spinach to a child. They may not like it, but it’s good for them. But candy, they love that, but too much makes them sick.

Often times, we hear a good sermon and we’re quick to amen it and nod in agreement with what is being said until the time comes for us to apply it to our lives, then it’s not nearly as easy to swallow. We sometimes have the same response Jesus was mentioning to those who’re luke-warm. The thing that causes us to make a definitive decision is also what makes us physically sick. Ezekiel was told before he could deliver the truth, he first needed to digest the message himself. John was to do the same thing. There is a pattern here.

Witnessing Through Reflexive Force
The religious has taught that the gospel is a great thing and it’ll be a party because you’re doing God’s will and all who are in God’s will are full of joy and happiness and the power of God is so strong on them that they can leap tall buildings in a single bound. But reality is, when you present the freedom of truth to a nation or person that has grown accustom to living as they see fit, you’re going to come against resistance. Our tendency then is to react to the resistance by attempting to force what was once freedom down their throats and now it’s transformed from life to law.

Purging the Poison
When there is poison that has been introduced to your system, the first thing they tell you to do is to make yourself sick and get as much of the poison out of your stomach as you can. If you’re physically already beyond that point, then they stick a hose down you and suck it out. It’s not pretty, but it’s for your own good. Sometimes, God’s instructions aren’t the easiest things to digest, but he sees spiritual poison in us and by eating his word, it purges the thing out of us that would eventually kill us if we allowed it to remain.

The angel that originally had the book, remember was Jesus. This word was directly from Christ and given to John, but not to keep to himself. It was to be digested in his entire body and then he was to pour it back out on nations. It’s interesting that in both cases, with Ezekiel and with John, the scrolls contained prophetic messages. In Ezekiel 3:2 it states that the book he ate was sweet, yet in verse 14, when he left, it was in bitterness. When God gives me a Word, it’s sweetness to my spirit, but it becomes bitter because when I deliver the word as instructed, my flesh rejects the spiritual food.

This Book isn’t Intended for the Ungodly
Ezekiel wasn’t going to pagans, he was going to Israel who’d been already exiled for their rebellion to God’s leadership. John was going through the same pattern. This letter he sent out is not to pagans either, but it’s to the church. Those of that day have eagerly taken this book and it’s affect on them was like honey. But now, for us today, those of us who have matured . . . it’s hard to digest. Everyone has a different interpretation, no one fully understands the book anymore. It’s gone from sweetness to bitterness.

1) to make bitter
a) to produce a bitter taste in the stomach
2) to embitter. exasperate
a) render angry, indignant
b) to be embittered, irritated
c) to visit with bitterness, to grieve (deal bitterly with)

Revelation Was Originally Honey
The church today is so tripped up on this book, there are those that produce bitterness in others with their interpretation of what this book really means, but only those that can truly become as a child, spiritually, can once again taste the sweetness of what this book is really about. The evangelical community is convinced, as was I, that in this book of Revelation, it actually describes that it with be the Catholics that the false prophet will utilize his power through in the last days. You don’t think this theory will stir up bitterness against us for that line of thought?

John’s body, represents the church body. His mouth represents the timeline of the church. When this book was first introduced to the body, it was the first century church body that received it and they were excited about it. It was sweetness to them, but as the body has changed over the years, that little book that was once honey to the baby church, is now bitterness to the digested church. The church with all the spiritual knowledge and so-called understanding.

There are so many different branches of the church now that the same little book that was honey to the whole church, is nothing but bitterness within the church. This is why it’s important to go back in that spiritual timeline and become children with the acceptance of the little book of life and when we turn from our legalistic minds and eat up the unadulterated truth, it will again become honey to our mouths and the sweet aroma of his glory will once again radiate from our eternal beings. Are you grasping any of this?

Under My Feet . . .

Rom 16:20
And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you. Amen.

1 Corinthians 15
1Cr 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

1Cr 15:27
For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under [him, it is] manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

Ephesians 1
19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, 21Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 22And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, 23Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
Hbr 2:8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing [that is] not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

When God put them in charge of everything, nothing was excluded. But we don't see it yet, don't see everything under human jurisdiction. 9What we do see is Jesus, made "not quite as high as angels," and then, through the experience of death, crowned so much higher than any angel, with a glory "bright with Eden's dawn light." In that death, by God's grace, he fully experienced death in every person's place. 10It makes good sense that the God who got everything started and keeps everything going now completes the work by making the Salvation Pioneer perfect through suffering as he leads all these people to glory.

Editor’s Note
A LAST WORD ON THE LITTLE BOOK.

Honey Turning Bitter
This was an area that intrigued some when we came across it in the last chapter. Before moving on to the next, I want to try to add one more thing to perhaps illuminate even more as to what the little book represented, why it was sweet but then turned sour. I actually stumbled over this verse after the fact, but I feel it’s relevant enough to address before we move on.

Exd 16:31
And the house of Israel called the name thereof Manna: and it [was] like coriander seed, white and the taste of it [was] like wafers [made] with honey.

I can’t shake this so I’m going to spend some more time with it. A question came up as to “What is the book?” I had no definite answer at the time, but this is where God’s word does what it says it does if you apply it appropriately. Truth does not come by human understanding, or by logical deduction, it comes by the Spirit. Patterns are not exposed until the Holy Spirit reveals them to us. It’s that veil that Corinthians speaks about that blocks our minds from understanding truth.

However, that veil is removed through the invitation of Jesus into not just our minds, but our hearts, our spirits. When the word of God is “received” into our hearts like a seed planted in fertile ground, even though our minds don’t comprehend everything, that seed takes root in our hearts and the truth of Christ grows throughout the rest of our body, soul, and spirit.

I’ve elaborated on this so that you can see the pattern in this very situation. At first I didn’t have a solid answer to what the book is. But I let that germinate for a while and, with no effort on my part, I realized the answer is in the very chapter that we formed the question from.

The answer is this, what is Jesus “doing” in this chapter? He’s got one foot on the water, one on the land, he’s got a rainbow around his head, he’s got one hand raised and he’s swearing in the name of the one who created all things. This book is in his hand the whole time he’s doing this. Remember what we stated that this picture is proclaiming? He’s proclaiming the fulfillment of the promise. In page 15 of this tape you are now reading, we addressed this picture. I will repeat part of it, but if you wish, go back and refresh yourself on that page and you’ll understand what the book is.

So when he stands on the earth and sea and he is lifting his hand, he is ratifying, he is confirming and making clear the covenant that he has made. And it touches everything which is why it’s talking about heaven and earth and the things of the sea, everywhere in every dimension, in every way there’s no way to get out from under the influence and covenant of Jesus.

The little book is the new covenant he’s made. It’s the fulfillment of his promise. It’s the manifestation of his covenantal truth. It is sweetness to my head, and bitter to my heart. It’s honey to my flesh and bitterness to my spirit. It’s easy to swallow, hard to digest. It’s “easier said than done.” The Word of God is sweetness to those who pursue him, it’s bitterness to those who choose to assume their salvation is connected through works.

What happened to John is what happened to Ezekiel in the same order. He at the scroll, it tasted like honey and if you read on, you find that Ezekiel also experienced bitterness after eating the scroll. In Ezekiel 3:3 he eats the scroll and it tastes like honey, then the word of the Lord directed him to “Go and tell” it’s the same pronouncement that Jesus gave us. Then in verse 14, it says that he was taken up and left in bitterness. But just before he left, it’s interesting what he was instructed to do, it’s the same pattern for all of us and I think it’s also the very reason why John was instructed to eat the book as well.

Ezekiel 3:10
10 Then he added, “Son of man, let all my words sink deep into your own heart first. Listen to them carefully for yourself. 11 Then go to your people in exile and say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says!’ Do this whether they listen to you or not.”

What we’re to share and tell the world is not information about God, but it’s about our personal experience “with” God through his Son Jesus Christ. It’s one thing to engage in a debate on religious matters, but it’s a whole other thing when you have digested for yourself the message of liberty and freedom before spreading it with others. These revelatory things that God is showing you, digest them for yourself before you attempt to share them out with others. You’re much more effective sharing your testimony of your personal experience than you are quoting the experiences of someone else.

Lastly, note the little book was opened, Jesus made a proclamation, the seven thunders answered, but John was not allowed to record any of what was said. Perhaps it wasn’t just the thunder that he wasn’t to write, but perhaps also it was the proclamation as well. Why else would John explain that he cried with a loud voice, but not record what it was that he cried out? Just a thought.

Something Else to Ponder About the sweet/bitterness.

Proverbs 16:24
Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

If I’m to use Scripture to interpret Scripture, then, to me, this passage is really eluding to what’s in the little book. It’s not full of darkness and damnation, but instead, it’s full of promise and blessing. But it’s full of pleasant words. Why do I say that? Because of the honeycomb. The little book tasted like honey because it’s contents were comforting to the soul. But what then happens is, after my mind is comforted and refreshed by the word, it then passes deeper into me, into my spirit, where digestion takes place.

What I’m saying is this, the seed of life, it is sweetness to us on a surface, or an introductory level. And what happens often times is, that sweetness that our minds can taste is the initial invitation to Christ coming into my heart. The bitterness that follows is the deeper understanding of the spiritual truths that are germinating in us continually and it begins eating our flesh. That’s why Paul talks about your mind being at enmity against the Spirit. That’s the bitterness.
End Note

The Little Book is the New Covenant of Reproductive Life
I believe we do have the ability to see the symbolism of what John did see and write. I don’t believe the little book mentioned is intended to be kept a secret otherwise God would have told John not to mention that either. But the picture is this, Jesus is ratifying the very promise that God originally gave to Abraham. The covenant of reproductive life which the evidence is, circumcision. But to focus on the circumcision, be it physically or what we’ve understood as spiritually, is still not complete. As we’re about to see, the act of circumcision is actually fruit of a covenant.

Acts 7
1Then the Chief Priest said, "What do you have to say for yourself?"
2Stephen replied, "Friends, fathers, and brothers, the God of glory appeared to our father Abraham when he was still in Mesopotamia, before the move to Haran, 3and told him, "Leave your country and family and go to the land I'll show you.' 4"So he left the country of the Chaldees and moved to Haran. After the death of his father, he immigrated to this country where you now live, 5but God gave him nothing, not so much as a foothold. He did promise to give the country to him and his son later on, even though Abraham had no son at the time. 6God let him know that his offspring would move to an alien country where they would be enslaved and brutalized for four hundred years. 7"But,' God said, "I will step in and take care of those slaveholders and bring my people out so they can worship me in this place.' 8"Then he made a covenant with him and signed it in Abraham's flesh by circumcision. When Abraham had his son Isaac, within eight days (Number for new beginnings) he reproduced the sign of circumcision in him. Isaac became father of Jacob, and Jacob father of twelve (spiritual government) "fathers,' each faithfully passing on the covenant sign.

Genesis 17:9-14
9And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations. 10This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised. 11And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you. 12And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed. 13He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant. 14And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

The subject of Abraham’s promise is a famous one. It’s a promise of life, reproduction and a passing on of the inheritance given to him from God. It’s the same promise we have. Our promise is one of reproduction, God will reproduce his spirit in, and through us and as a result, we will flourish through our faith in him. But one of the key’s to notice here is in verse 5 where it says Abraham received a promise, but there was no evidence to support it at that time. Keep this in mind as we go on.

But again, our carnal minds often are misled because we convince ourselves we are walking in the spirit while at the same time, we are discerning spiritual issues through fleshly means. In other words, we are interpreting the Words of God with our carnal minds. The carnal mind will focus on the circumcision as a painful or at least and uncomfortable process where God cuts the worldly areas out of our lives to give us more freedom to grow in him. This activity is not inaccurate, that is what God does in us. It does happen, but it’s not intended to receive so much attention as we give to it.

The attention shouldn’t be on the negative aspects of the circumcisions, but on the positive. We get so focused on the things that are being cut away that we miss the fact that this process is actually God fulfilling his covenant with us. Circumcision is really evidence of the covenant God has made with us. Circumcision is God’s signature in our heart of his promise to us. It’s not to be viewed as a bad thing or a painful process, but as a confirmation that God is still keeping to his end of the promise to reproduce his life in us.

Man’s Restrictive Nature to the Kingdom Message
This kingdom message that God has been revealing to the church isn’t a new thing. To us it is, but it’s been around ever since Adam if you look for it, it’s there all over Scripture. But our focus has been from man’s point of view. We’ve interpreted Scripture from the position of logic rather than faith. We’ve named it faith, but we’ve simply taken Scripture and applied our own understanding to it, instead of applying it to our understanding and letting Scripture expand our limits. We’re trying to read “into” Scripture instead of reading “out of” Scripture. So when you look through the eye’s of man’s logic, because of our fallen nature, we can not, we do not have the ability to see the heavenly things that Scripture is revealing on our own. So we get conditioned to call out spiritual things even though we are still seeing though the eyes of flesh. Case and point, the circumcision issue itself.

God looks at circumcision in the same way we look at communion. It is an expression of love through relationship, more than it is an act of discipline. We look at communion as a time to blend our love-relationships with one another with the remembering of the blood of Christ that was given voluntarily for the removal of our sin as well as sickness. But we don’t see the connection is the same with circumcision because our fallen nature focuses primarily on the negative. It’s what we first learned when we were introduced to the new understanding of the two trees. That spiritual lesson has been around since the trees themselves, before Adam was created! Yet it’s a fairly new understanding to the church today because our ancestors handed us a carnal interpretation of Spiritual concepts.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum