APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daniel 1 18-21 (End of chapter)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Daniel 1 18-21 (End of chapter) on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:06 pm

cross-eyed

18 Now at the end of the days that the king had said he should bring them in, then the prince of the eunuchs brought them in before Nebuchadnezzar.

19 And the king communed with them; and among them all was found none like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah: therefore stood they before the king.

20 And in all matters of wisdom and understanding, that the king enquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers that were in all his realm.

21 And Daniel continued even unto the first year of king Cyrus

Even though we're through the first chapter, God is still setting the stage here. I really don't know what the timeline is here. It starts with the third year of Jehoiakim which was the king of Judah. He was the third to teh last king before they imploded all together and were under other nations from then on until . . .what was it . . .1947?

At any rate, Israel as a nation was deteriorating. I don't know what the time line was from Nebuchadnezzar to Cyrus. I do know that Nebuchadnezzar means "May Nebo protect the crown". which is a whole other can of worms.

The crown is what sets on the head. it's what encompasses the mind. it's why, I believe Jesus wore a crown to the cross. Thorns represent curse, the crown is a circle . . .it's infinite/continual. Because it encompasses the mind and it's made of thorns, for me, it represents a cursed mind of man. Jesus transformed the crown of curses into a crown of gold. He purified the cursed mind of man.

Nebuchadnezzar is the epitome of the opposite . . .or should I say, he's the epitome of the cursed mind. His name/identity is to protect the crown, that which encompasses the mind. Because he's the king of Egypt, it's painting a pattern of one who exemplifies carnality. Protecting the crown of carnality.

Picking any of that up??? What are you all seeing??

2 Re: Daniel 1 18-21 (End of chapter) on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:34 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
I gotta say, this first ch. has been so enlightening to me, and so enjoyable. I have found myself going back and reading again and again the things everyone has had to add, and the more I do it the more I find the Jewels that can be overlooked if we just read it quickly.

Nathan,
This to me, and coupled with the conversation with Jugg last night, exploded in me this morning, All Praise to Him.

Quote:
The first five commandments dealt with man's relationship to God, the second five dealt with man's relationship to man. And the two laws of Jesus? Love God with all your heart and love your neighbor as you love yourself. Same pattern. What Daniel's ten days here is pointing to for me is life and strength manifesting as a result from eating that which has been planted in us . . .that's a law of God. Eat his manna and you will thrive in his kingdom.

This was no doubt a

I know that we have all experienced when this happens, we will be going along and receiving understanding on certain things and it's wonderful. But then much later on The Lord connects the dots of all those things, that's what happened to me this morning as I was flipping an egg. LOL

I was thinking on the things that we had talked about just kinda rolling it over in my mind. And BAM!!

I have always seen the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil as the Law, (first dot). And the curse upon Adam, (second dot).
The fruit of that curse, thorns and thistles, (third dot).
The Crown of Thorns upon Jesus's head, the Carnal mind of us all, (fourth dot).

The picture that came forth this morning was:
When the Carnal mind takes hold of The Law without the Spirit of Truth, it brings forth the curse which produces Thorns and Thistles, and is made to be taken and burned.

Because the Carnal mind is not subject to The Law of God.
Is it any wonder why The Lord appeared to Moses (The Law giver) on the Mount, in a "Burning Bush"? (But it was not so with Abraham). Which leads us to, The baptism by fire, that's what it's purpose is. When Holy Spirit does What He/She Wink is suppose to do in us, then the fruit we bare is Love, Compassion, and Forgiveness, Which is The image of God. To me, this is tying everything together and putting a little red bow on it, made in His Image and His likeness. Talk about a fullness.

I just felt like I had to share this with ya'll, because it's because of "All" of ya'll's input that brought this together, and for this I am so very Greatfull to be apart of this body of believers.

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

3 Re: Daniel 1 18-21 (End of chapter) on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:50 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
I just wanted to add this one thing more to tie it into Daniel and The boy's.

If we keep this in mind, they are a picture/Pattern of us all and what we go through to enter into the Kingdom.

From the carnal mind, to stopping the mouths of the lions, to the fire, bringing down images/imaginations, etc. etc.
These things are truly "Within us".

Hold on tight the best is yet to come. Very Happy

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

4 Re: Daniel 1 18-21 (End of chapter) on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:17 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
Quote:
The first five commandments dealt with man's relationship to God, the second five dealt with man's relationship to man. And the two laws of Jesus? Love God with all your heart and love your neighbor as you love yourself. Same pattern. What Daniel's ten days here is pointing to for me is life and strength manifesting as a result from eating that which has been planted in us . . .that's a law of God. Eat his manna and you will thrive in his kingdom.

As Scherryl said, this is a keeper, I had never thought or even heard of this until you brought it up Nathan, that was awesome.

An illustration that was brought to mind today in what Jesus said, "unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven"

Put a picture of the earth (the world) on the left, a picture of your self on the right, you have chains running from both hands and both feet that are connected to the world (like a ball and chain).

Unless these chains are severed completely, we can still be connected to the world.

Becoming as children is to start from scratch, meaning: having no understanding of God what-so-ever, this is how we enter into the kingdom of heaven, no baggage, no understanding of God at all, because it is only from a "Clean Slate" that we can be taught properly by the Spirit.

BUT, since we cannot get rid of what we have already learned, meaning we cannot start from a clean slate, this is why it is THE RENEWING OF THE MIND. It is a replacing of the world's way of thinking with His way of thinking. Increase and decrease.

And this is to love God with all our heart, because we are in the state of mind .... of a child .... that is absorbing all He reveals and helps us to understand all that He reveals, we are a child that is OBSERVING TRUTH. (love that one to Nathan)

Jugg

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

5 Re: Daniel 1 18-21 (End of chapter) on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:03 pm

LindaY

I have always seen the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil as the Law, (first dot). And the curse upon Adam, (second dot).

When the Carnal mind takes hold of The Law without the Spirit of Truth, it brings forth the curse which produces Thorns and Thistles, and is made to be taken and burned.

When I was reading this yesterday for some reason the scripture about Zaccheus came to mind. He climbed up in a "sycamore" tree. That in itself was really interesting when I read about a sycamore tree in Wikipedia. He wanted to see Jesus when he passed by but, when Jesus came to the tree, He told Zaccheus to come down out of the tree because He was going to abide in his house today.

1 ¶ And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho.
2 And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich.
3 And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature.
4 And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way.
5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.
6 And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully.
7 And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.
8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.
9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.
10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Interesting thing about a sycamore tree is it sheds its bark like a snake sheds its skin. Jesus came to seek and save those that were lost. He was trying to see Jesus in the tree of knowledge of good and evil perhaps (without the spirit of truth?) and Jesus called him down out of the tree so that He could abide in his house.

Just some thoughts rolling around here. I may be completely off base with this.

Also, in previous posts Nathan, you spoke about the seed and the things planted in us. Daniel eating only things that were planted. You then spoke of eating the prime rib with your children. Just to share an experience with that and seeing a spiritual meaning that manifests itself in the literal, several years ago I went on the Atkins Diet which is full of eating mostly meats and rich foods. One thing that I noticed was my flesh began to stink. Someone brought this up on one of the forums only last week about that diet being good for you and it also brought it back to my mind once again. Anyway, I began eating only vegetables because of problems that developed physically in the flesh and the body odor which I had never had. After going on a diet of only vegetables and water, all of that left. There was a physical manifestation that was so strong with that I won't ever forget the difference there. The body actually took on a sweet fragrance from this episode. In looking at Daniel and what was written there, the spiritual message of all of it is becoming much clearer for me. I don't know yet where this is all going and thought I would share this bit of information.

I know we don't look at the physical to find the spiritual message but rather the reverse but, this all came back to me when reading these posts in Daniel.

Like David, I feel as if I'm in the same boat with him right now and not sure what's around the corner. Going with the flow of His Spirit is much needed and my mind being turned off (cut off) for Him to do His work.

I hope this didn't hijack the thread in any way.

6 Re: Daniel 1 18-21 (End of chapter) on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:15 pm

cross-eyed

Not at all! I'm surprised a diet would consist of mostly eating meat though. Most dieticians are against that sort of thing because they say once the meat hits your stomach, it lays there and rots, unlike vegatables that immediately nourish the moment digestion begins.

The aroma of a flesh diet versus a vegetable diet . . .who'd a thunk it!

7 Re: Daniel 1 18-21 (End of chapter) on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:25 pm

LindaY

That's why I got so sick. The spiritual truth of this is so real and I'm really excited to see where it's going and am so thankful for ya'll bringing this up and discussing it.

8 Re: Daniel 1 18-21 (End of chapter) on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:01 pm

cross-eyed

Yeah, I think our own minds create more problems in our bodies than most people think, or would care to admit.

9 Re: Daniel 1 18-21 (End of chapter) on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:51 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
[quote="LindaY"]

When I was reading this yesterday for some reason the scripture about Zaccheus came to mind. He climbed up in a "sycamore" tree. That in itself was really interesting when I read about a sycamore tree in Wikipedia. He wanted to see Jesus when he passed by but, when Jesus came to the tree, He told Zaccheus to come down out of the tree because He was going to abide in his house today.

1 ¶ And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho.
2 And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich.
3 And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature.
4 And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way.
5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.
6 And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully.
7 And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.
8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.
9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.
10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Interesting thing about a sycamore tree is it sheds its bark like a snake sheds its skin. Jesus came to seek and save those that were lost. He was trying to see Jesus in the tree of knowledge of good and evil perhaps (without the spirit of truth?) and Jesus called him down out of the tree so that He could abide in his house.

Just some thoughts rolling around here. I may be completely off base with this.
---------------------------------------
Hi Linda,
Actually, this is quite interesting. At first I couldn't see what you were saying but then again it wasn't me that was spoken to on this but you, and that by The Spirit.

But what was neat was, My Mom (bless her heart) she always wants to know what's going on, on the board she likes to hear all the wonderful things that The Lord is doing here.

And when I was sharing with her your post, it clicked for me, and I went Ahhhhh!!! ok, lol I see it now.

I don't know if you know these things or not but, Jericho means "month" or moon, to me I always associate it with the Law, the lesser light of Gen.
Zachaeus, means "pure", now we know that under Law no flesh shall be justified but he had a pure heart, and not only that but, his "small stature" has to do with his maturity.
Whether it's talking about he had faith as a child, or he was mature in his faith, I'm not sure but, nevertheless, Jesus knew he was a son of Abraham, and that speaks of faith.

Now, the sycomore tree, is actually talking about a fig tree, or mulberry tree. Even though I can see where you were going with this, because we all start out with the Law and with a carnal mind even when we truly want to know Him, even as Zachaeus did.

But as me and Jugg was talking the other night, The Law without spiritual Truth can lead to Pride, or it did with us anyhow. And only when The Lord says "come down" from that place on high, (like He did with Zachaeus) can we do this. And then if we are fortunate enough we will be breaking bread with Him in our house. LOVE IT!!

Oh, just another little piece of info on the tree.
sycomore. Occurs only here. Not the same word as "sycamine" in Luk_17:6, or with our "sycamore", but the Egyptian fig, as in Joh_1:49.
And Jericho, Jericho. Now Eriha. In mediaeval times Riha. The city of palm trees (Deu_34:3. Jdg_1:16), about eighteen miles from Jerusalem, and six miles from the Jordan. Compare Jos_6:26 with 1Ki_16:34. It after-ward became a great and wealthy city with some 100,000 inhabitants (compare Josephus, Bell. Jud. iv. 8. Ecclus 24:14).

Thank you for sharing what The Lord brought your way.
It is a Pattern, and very applicable to this thread for all of us.

Blessings

10 Re: Daniel 1 18-21 (End of chapter) on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:30 pm

LindaY

I don't know if you know these things or not but, Jericho means "month" or moon, to me I always associate it with the Law, the lesser light of Gen.

I didn't know this. When the scripture came to me, I looked up Jericho in the Strong's that came with my online bible and it said:

2410 Iεριχω Hiericho hee-er-ee-kho’

of Hebrew origin 03405 יריחו; ; n pr loc

AV-Jericho 7; 7

Jericho =" place of fragrance"

1) a noted city, abounding in balsam, honey, cyprus, myrobalanus, roses and other fragrant products. It was near the north shore of the Dead Sea in the tribe of Benjamin, between Jerusalem and the Jordan River

Zachaeus, means "pure", now we know that under Law no flesh shall be justified but he had a pure heart, and not only that but, his "small stature" has to do with his maturity.
Whether it's talking about he had faith as a child, or he was mature in his faith, I'm not sure but, nevertheless, Jesus knew he was a son of Abraham, and that speaks of faith.

Now, the sycomore tree, is actually talking about a fig tree, or mulberry tree. Even though I can see where you were going with this, because we all start out with the Law and with a carnal mind even when we truly want to know Him, even as Zachaeus did.

But as me and Jugg was talking the other night,[bold] The Law without spiritual Truth can lead to Pride, or it did with us anyhow.[/bold] And only when The Lord says "come down" from that place on high, (like He did with Zachaeus) can we do this. And then if we are fortunate enough we will be breaking bread with Him in our house. LOVE IT!!

This is pretty much what I was seeing in this too Scherryl. Especially, the part highlighted in your comment. I've known that place well in the past and pray He will free me from it.

Hmmm...it didn't bold in your comment. What happened to that in the editor?

11 Re: Daniel 1 18-21 (End of chapter) on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:40 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
This is what mine says out of e-sword.

hee-er-ee-kho'
Of Hebrew origin [H3405]; Jericho, a place in Palestine: - Jericho.

But when the Greek says "it's of Hebrew origin" I always check it out.

H3405

yer-ee-kho', yer-ay-kho', yer-ee-kho'
Perhaps from H3394; its month; or else from H7306; fragrant; Jericho or Jerecho, a place in Palestine: - Jericho.

yaw-ray'-akh
From the same as H3391; the moon: - moon.

I always go all the way with the definitions, the Greek is not as informative as the Hebrew.

I usually try to take it to it's Prime root if I can.

Blessings

12 Re: Daniel 1 18-21 (End of chapter) on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:52 pm

LindaY

Gotcha! I didn't go all the way back with it.

13 Re: Daniel 1 18-21 (End of chapter) on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:57 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Linda,
(This is pretty much what I was seeing in this too Scherryl. Especially, the part highlighted in your comment. I've known that place well in the past and pray He will free me from it.)

I read this again this morning, and I felt that I needed to say something.

That's just it Sis, He has set us free, past tense, that's not the problem, the problem is us believing it. And I'm not just talking to you but all of us. We must allow the Holy Spirit to convince us of His faithfulness. And sometimes we have a tendency to frustrate the Grace of God, I still do it too at times. There's no doubt in my mind that He speaks to us everyday, but there are things that can get in our way of receiving what He's saying, and therefore we end up crying to Him, "Where are you Lord", when He's been here all along. But worry and fear of what might be is the two biggest things that can block our receiving.

IMHO, I believe the News is one of the worse things that a believer today can partake of. That is what I call a bad report, It's not on things above, or peaceable at all.

Being around negativity all the time is another one.
We are called out to be separate from those things and have no part of her plagues. Did you see that? They carry Plagues. The Lord wants to give us Peace, Understanding, compassion, forgiveness, and everything He wants to release to us, is hindered by The Traducer, because we just keep feeding it with carnal things. The mind must be renewed or we will never find it on this side Jordan, we are dead, and our Life Now is "HID" in Him. I'm not talking about Law, but a hungry heart, a conscious decision to not take part in those things anymore.

Remember in the Gospel where Jesus is talking about the woman who had ten pieces of Silver and lost one piece and she diligently searched for it till she found it?

Luk 15:8 Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?

There's an interesting Tradition behind this parable, and the Jews would have known what He was talking about very well.

A Jewish Bride to be (virgin) wear's a headpiece with a veil that has ten pieces of Silver attached to it, that runs across the top of her forehead, and Silver speaks of Redemption. And the ten speaks of The Righteousness of The Law that she had in her mind.

Imagine how frantic she must have been in loosing one of those pieces. The word in this scripture for "diligently" is a medical word and is only use one time and means "to care for" or be careful for something. It means she had no other thought on her mind except for finding that piece of Silver.
She was about to be wed, or redeemed by her Husband to be.

This is the care we also should take when finding our Life that is now Hid in Him. If something is as important to us as this was to this young bride to be was. As her, we would find what we seek. I can't imagine her stopping through the process and partaking of anything else, there was no distractions. As far as I understand, the bride to be did not know when the wedding was to take place it could be today, or tomorrow or next week, it was entirely planned by The father it was His call, but she was to prepare for it at all times.

I have found that when a hungry heart wants and needs filling, it will eat anything to fill up that void, and that is not good. Remember, the prodigal son? I have found this true in my own walk with Him.
Your so hungry to Know Him, and you'll listen to anything and everything to try and satisfy that hunger. But all it does is cause confusion, doubt and trouble.

Look at this story with Daniel and The King of Confusion. Neb. knew he was disturbed about something that The Lord had showed him, but had no idea what it was, why? Because he was relying on the 4 things of the earth to tell him the answers. That just can't be.

Sorry didn't mean to rattle on so, but I see this all the time, I guess it's something we all have to come to understand on our own, that nothing can reveal God to us except God. It's not that He's not willing, and it's not that we are not willing, we just don't realize the things that can enter-fear with the process.

Love you Sis,
Blessings

14 Re: Daniel 1 18-21 (End of chapter) on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:53 pm

LindaY

Hi Sis,

I've been realizing this for some time now. I have watched too much news, I know and it is a bad, bad report. All of it. It seems as if there is so much negativity surrounding us here (in the world) that you can't go anywhere without hearing a negative report these days and these are plagues.

I had never heard of the tradition about the silver before.

PLEASE, "rattle on" all you want to. I needed to hear ALL of this.

15 Re: Daniel 1 18-21 (End of chapter) on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:27 pm

cross-eyed wrote:18 Now at the end of the days that the king had said he should bring them in, then the prince of the eunuchs brought them in before Nebuchadnezzar.

19 And the king communed with them; and among them all was found none like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah: therefore stood they before the king.

20 And in all matters of wisdom and understanding, that the king enquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers that were in all his realm.

21 And Daniel continued even unto the first year of king Cyrus

Even though we're through the first chapter, God is still setting the stage here. I really don't know what the timeline is here. It starts with the third year of Jehoiakim which was the king of Judah. He was the third to teh last king before they imploded all together and were under other nations from then on until . . .what was it . . .1947?

At any rate, Israel as a nation was deteriorating. I don't know what the time line was from Nebuchadnezzar to Cyrus. I do know that Nebuchadnezzar means "May Nebo protect the crown". which is a whole other can of worms.

The crown is what sets on the head. it's what encompasses the mind. it's why, I believe Jesus wore a crown to the cross. Thorns represent curse, the crown is a circle . . .it's infinite/continual. Because it encompasses the mind and it's made of thorns, for me, it represents a cursed mind of man. Jesus transformed the crown of curses into a crown of gold. He purified the cursed mind of man.

Nebuchadnezzar is the epitome of the opposite . . .or should I say, he's the epitome of the cursed mind. His name/identity is to protect the crown, that which encompasses the mind. Because he's the king of Egypt, it's painting a pattern of one who exemplifies carnality. Protecting the crown of carnality.

Picking any of that up??? What are you all seeing??

When you mentioned the crown being circle and thorns. The word circle comes from Circe the daughtet of the sungod. This is where the word church comes from too. Now u all know im speaking of the babylonian woman not the ecclesia. But what is church but cursed mind of thorns.

16 Re: Daniel 1 18-21 (End of chapter) on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:45 pm

cross-eyed

Wow, I didn't know that's what "church" was derived from. It's been hidden in plain sight all this time.

17 Re: Daniel 1 18-21 (End of chapter) on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:50 pm

There is some reasoning that he tokogae was a fig tree. If there ever was an actual tree.

Also i just want to defend meat too:). There is this idea that meat is bad for you. Thats not entirely true. It depends on the conditions of the animal. Most cows are fed grain all day and get no execise. This creates inflammation and disease in the animal. That is passed on to you. Grass fed beef is anticancer promotes weight loss and lowers yor other cardio risks. And the atkins diet was shown to have the greatest effect on weight loss blood pressure cholesterol.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum