APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chapter 1:1-6

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Chapter 1:1-6 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:21 pm

cross-eyed

Seeing the shoreline through the fog . . .that's what I mean when I say discerning the "sound" through all the noise.

Religious noise, people who talk "about" God but have no life coming forth. Clouds without rain. They show promise of a refreshing but they pass and nothing happens.

The evidence is in the life that vigorates you as you hear or read their words. It's more than a passing comment or a shallow stab at a heartfelt response. It's a quickening and a piercing word that enters "in" you and takes on a life of it's own.

Religious noise can't do that. It can only motivate you through fear and guilt.

How does clarity come? How does "sleep" come to you? It's the same principle. You can't go "to" sleep. Even though we use that term all the time. What is really happening is, sleep is "coming to" you. How did you make it happen?

you can't. If we could make sleep happen, insomnia would be extinct. What we "can" do is prepare the atmosphere for it to come. We lay down, we cover up in our blankets, we put our heads on soft pillows . . .we shut the lights off (man-made lights) We stretch our bodies on our soft mattresses. We close our eyes . . .which are the windows to our soul. We bring our thoughts into captivity and . . .it happens.

It's the same thing here with spiritual truth and clarity. We create the atmosphere. We start a forum, we invite people. We open the discussions. We "let" the topics take on a life of their own. We bring our carnal thoughts into captivity . . .and . . .it happens.

27 Re: Chapter 1:1-6 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:39 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
What a beautiful analogy Nathan....

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

28 Re: Chapter 1:1-6 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:10 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
DavidHarreld wrote:
if only I were able to clearly discern the shoreline through all the fog.

There in rests the problem, don't see with your eyes, close them and let Christ describe it to you, He is now your eyes and He will describe it as you need it.

As Nathan said, just as sleep "comes to" us, so does the description of the shoreline, it is to say, "SEE WITH YOUR HEART", if the mind's eye sees the spiritual, so does the heart's ear, it hears the spiritual.

Jugg

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

29 Re: Chapter 1:1-6 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:52 am

Just realized this was going on, I usually go straight to "General Discussion".

I know this was discussed, but just giving my amen to seeing Daniel being castrated as religion taking the sons of the King, attempting to prevent the seed, while giving them instruction in the ways of Babylon, so that they can teach the rest of the captives. I believe that is why they took the Princes and such, to keep them as rulers over the people they captured. YOu always have to maintain the heirarchey. The people will follow their princes.

I'm pretty sure Daniel was a Eunuch. If you look at the Bible in its original order. Daniel is placed not with the prophetic books, but with the Writings. It was kept at Golgotha, the place of the skull, which is where they counted, or reckoned people to be Israel and allowed in to the "camp". Daniel being a eunuch was not allowed in the camp, so neither were his writings.
Askelm.com Restoring the Original Bible Order is where I got the info. Its pretty interesting stuff. (and I may have butchered the details, but the gist of it is there, its been a long time since I've looked at it)

30 Re: Chapter 1:1-6 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:24 pm

cross-eyed

Amen to that as well. What I'm also intrigued by is the fact that once you do get away from the general religious crowd and start rubbing elbows with those that God has enabled to see the deeper things as well, what is just flat out shocking to the mainline church is practically common knowledge to those who cast off the religion. Way back . . .in the later end of the 90's I taught an adult class in our church and this book was one of the first things I did. I remember stumbling upon this probability of Daniel being a eunuch and I still remember the gasps I got when I suggested it. It's just never been taught in the church that Daniel was forced to become a eunuch for an Egyptian king.

But I think the bigger message here is, just as God restores wombs that once were lifeless, he also restores IN US the ability to reproduce his nature in others. Even though we've become enslaved to our own captors . . .addictions , personal bondages or otherwise, God doesn't miss a beat with his plan for the inclusion of our relationship with his will in this place we call home.

31 Re: Chapter 1:1-6 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Jeremy1 wrote:...If you look at the Bible in its original order. Daniel is placed not with the prophetic books, but with the Writings. It was kept at Golgotha, the place of the skull, which is where they counted, or reckoned people to be Israel and allowed in to the "camp". Daniel being a eunuch was not allowed in the camp, so neither were his writings.

This is awesome, Jeremy! I love hearing how history plays out His story! I would tend to believe this, not because I was there or because I know a man who witnessed it. I do, however, know a Man Who was there, and I have good reason to believe that He is training me so that if a matter is true I can discern it simply without a lot of mental gymnastics.

I think my brain is on information overload. Too many things coming from too many directions to even dream of sorting it all out. The only way I know I know if a story like this is true is if it passes the Lovely Test in Phil 4:8. If it weren't for this passage I would go nuts trying to weigh all of this out! Have you ever heard Ron Wyatt's story about finding the ark of the covenant? It is a LOVELY story, and seems to play real well with God's prophetic history. In fact, it plays so PERFECTLY that I pretty much assume it's Him. It's all Him anyway, so it's pretty safe assumption, eh? So, whether or not I still see it when I see all plainly as He does, I see it now and it brings joy.

What you just shared with us about Daniel, his writings, Jesus and Golgotha sounds PERFECT. I believe every word of it.

32 Re: Chapter 1:1-6 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:47 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Yep, that wouldn't surprise me a bit about the book of Daniel.

It's just like realizing that the Prophets actually go back to the time of, and spoke way back into Kings. Most in Religion today don't know that or the fact that all of Paul's writings occurred in the book of Act's, not to mention the rest of them too, and that the book of Acts actually start's from Luke. These things are just not taught in the church's.
I remember the first time in a home bible study reading out of Cor. and then referencing to the book of Acts for further details, and they were shocked.

It just doesn't compute that, that's why it's called "the Acts of the Apostles". Just like the book of Revelation.

It is the book of, "The Revelation of Jesus Christ".

I've often referred to it as the book of Answers. (The who, what, where, and why)book of Jesus Christ.
And described it like the school books we had when we were in school, remember? It had all the answers in the back of the book? But if you didn't know what question they belonged to, a lot of good it would do you, right?

It's like,... all of the writings after Acts is summed up in Acts, and All the writings of The bible are summed up in Revelation, and The writings of Revelation is summed up in Christ, and Christ in God...

Ok, what was the point of all of this?

Oh,.... Most don't know these things because their taught by man.

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

33 Re: Chapter 1:1-6 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:15 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Golgotha also figures prominently into Ron Wyatt's diggings.

34 Re: Chapter 1:1-6 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Yes scherryl i call rev the cypher for the bible. And it all summed in christ.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum