APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hos. 6:1-

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Hos. 6:1- on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:35 pm

A.R.T.I.C

avatar
Admin
Hos 6:1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
Hos 6:2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
Hos 6:3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.
Hos 6:4 O Ephraim, what shall I do unto thee? O Judah, what shall I do unto thee? for your goodness is as a morning cloud, and as the early dew it goeth away.
Hos 6:5 Therefore have I hewed them by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth: and thy judgments are as the light that goeth forth.
Hos 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.


Is there anything in these verses or this chapter, that we can glean from for today? I would like to hear what ya'll see in this.


Blessings




The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

2 Re: Hos. 6:1- on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:30 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

avatar
Admin
Scherryl wrote:Hos 6:1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
Hos 6:2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
Hos 6:3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.
Hos 6:4 O Ephraim, what shall I do unto thee? O Judah, what shall I do unto thee? for your goodness is as a morning cloud, and as the early dew it goeth away.
Hos 6:5 Therefore have I hewed them by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth: and thy judgments are as the light that goeth forth.
Hos 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.


Is there anything in these verses or this chapter, that we can glean from for today? I would like to hear what ya'll see in this.


Blessings

For me it is all about the last verse, that which comes from within us rather that something done on the outside of the body.

When verse 3 speaks of the latter and former rain, it brings me back to Genesis, when it says a mist rose to water the ground, this mist came from within the earth (soil)I see this as the former rain (mercy) and the latter rain is that which comes from the outside (knowledge).

I am not sure if anyone else sees this, but it is what makes sense to me.

Jugg



Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

3 Re: Hos. 6:1- on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:43 pm

A.R.T.I.C

avatar
Admin
Hi Brother Jugg,

Just some quick thoughts.
I guess it would depend on what kind of Knowledge your talking about. The Knowledge of God would be from Within, wouldn't it?

Adam and Eve's knowledge came from without.
To me this last verse reminds me of, He must increase and I must decrease, for only by The Knowledge of God can this be accomplished.

What really caught my attention was the Two days, and the Three days.

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

It's been Two days and counting since Jesus Christ was crucified and Resurrected. Smile




The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

4 Re: Hos. 6:1- on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:47 pm

A.R.T.I.C

avatar
Admin
LOL, I just read your reply again, I think we may be saying the same thing.




The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

5 Re: Hos. 6:1- on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:00 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

avatar
Admin
Scherryl wrote:LOL, I just read your reply again, I think we may be saying the same thing.

How so?

I replied to your post but it didn't get posted.

Will wait to hear what you say.



Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

6 Re: Hos. 6:1- on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:26 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

avatar
Admin
Scherryl wrote:Hi Brother Jugg,

Just some quick thoughts.
I guess it would depend on what kind of Knowledge your talking about. The Knowledge of God would be from Within, wouldn't it?

Adam and Eve's knowledge came from without.
To me this last verse reminds me of, He must increase and I must decrease, for only by The Knowledge of God can this be accomplished.

What really caught my attention was the Two days, and the Three days.

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

It's been Two days and counting since Jesus Christ was crucified and Resurrected. Smile


To your first statement: I see the knowledge of God as coming from the outside, from "the written word", that which is outside of the body .... it is "revelation" that comes from within, because is it not the revelation of the mercy (compassion) of the Father through Christ: the revelation of Christ within us?

The increase and decrease I see in the renewing of the mind, decreasing the natural knowledge and increasing the "spiritual knowledge" which we can see through and as "revelation". It is through "revelation" that the increase and decrease takes place within us.

I break it down a little farther in detail, I see knowledge just as "information" but that information becomes meaningful because of the "revelation that takes place within us.

Knowledge = from without
Revelation = from within

Make sense?



Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

7 Re: Hos. 6:1- on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:32 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

avatar
Admin
and as for what you see in the two and three days, I see the exact same thing.



Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

8 Re: Hos. 6:1- on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:36 pm

A.R.T.I.C

avatar
Admin
I'm not laughing at you Brother, I had to read that 3 times before I got it.

What is wrong with me tonight

Yes, that does make sense.

God Bless you




The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

9 Re: Hos. 6:1- on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:43 pm

A.R.T.I.C

avatar
Admin
jugghead wrote:and as for what you see in the two and three days, I see the exact same thing.

Ok, if this isn't a future Advent as most see a physical Resurrection, and we are to go on to know The Lord even more, then what happens to those in this day that don't, (the third day)?

Would they be getting out of control? Ah....falling further into whatever as the Spiritual fire burns?

Just thinking out loud really. I mean there must be a flip side right?




The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

10 Re: Hos. 6:1- on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:48 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

avatar
Admin
Something else came to mind in trying to explain it a little better.

We have "the Word" written in our hearts, it is like we have the whole Bible written in our heart and we also have the Bible that is the one we read and study.

The one we read and study has been translated and interpreted by men whereas the one written in our heart is the true translation and interpretation and it is through "revelation" that the true translation and interpretation is revealed from our heart to our mind and we can now see the truth in what has been translated and interpreted by men.

We see (understand His word) with the mind but we hear (feel His word) with the heart.



Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

11 Re: Hos. 6:1- on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:53 pm

A.R.T.I.C

avatar
Admin
No doubt, The Living Word that's who Christ is.




The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

12 Re: Hos. 6:1- on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:55 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

avatar
Admin
Scherryl wrote:
jugghead wrote:and as for what you see in the two and three days, I see the exact same thing.

Ok, if this isn't a future Advent as most see a physical Resurrection, and we are to go on to know The Lord even more, then what happens to those in this day that don't, (the third day)?

Would they be getting out of control? Ah....falling further into whatever as the Spiritual fire burns?

Just thinking out loud really. I mean there must be a flip side right?

What I see is: in experiencing the third day is to experience being born again, the third day can start while we are still alive but for those who don't experience it while they are physically alive .... they will after they physically die.

It has nothing to do with time itself, it has to do with "resurrection" .... being born again.

The "revelation" of "resurrection"



Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum