You are not connected. Please login or register

Chapter Thirteen

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Chapter Thirteen on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:54 pm

cross-eyed

Chapter Thirteen

THE TRINITY

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

I’ve always seen my childhood pretty much as the same as any child whose family was very committed to the church they attended. Mom and Dad would visit with other relatives or church families and us kids would go along and pretty much play with the kids of whoever it was we were visiting. At home we would have Bible studies of our own, which as a kid, wasn’t the most pleasant thing a kid would choose to do, but we suffered through it without too much damage done to our emotional structure.

But as far as doctrines go, I really didn’t have any or many until I was in my early adult years. So up to that time, what I believed to be accurate, was what I took in as a kid trying to amuse himself through all those boring sermons. So to say I had a good grasp on everything would be stretching things a bit. But in my early adult years, there was still a foundation in my belief system in spite of my religious attention deficit disorders from earlier years.

One of which is the belief in the trinity. Because this one word “trinity” can actually carry with it multiple interpretations, let me begin by first explaining what I “used” to believe the trinity was. In my understanding, the trinity consisted of three separate beings that were united as one in agreement with each other. The term “three PERSONS in one” that’s used regularly when explaining the doctrinal point of view is where this originated from.

This meant that Jesus is God, the Holy Spirit is God and then God the Father is God. They are all in unity with each other. They aren’t “one” being, they are “in” oneness with each other. So that when you went to heaven, you would actually meet three separate entities. So when I mention the trinity, “that’s” where I’m coming from.

I wouldn’t say the church as a whole sees it now as I was raised to see it. This may not be as big an issue with some as it may be with others. But in my own personal experience, where I am now is far from where I was before beginning the transformation of the Spirit in this jar of clay.

One defense against the idea of God being three in one was the fact that the word “trinity” isn’t even in the Bible. And for me, to use that statement as a launching pad to justify why the doctrine isn’t accurate is a pretty shaky excuse to begin with. There are many doctrinal issues that are not labeled directly as such in scripture. So I would usually brush that excuse aside. But I did believe that when we went to heaven, we’d be able to see Jesus face to face, and God face to face and the Holy Spirit face to face. I understood the trinity to be three separate Godheads that were one in agreement with everything. Kind of like a man and wife, they were two separate individuals, but their marriage brought them together as one.

But I’ve found now, scripture is pretty clear, that there is only one God. Not three gods making up one God. And not three gods in agreement as one God. There is only one God. Just as there is only one me. But different people see different sides of me. To my kids, they see me as their father. To my wife, she sees me as a husband. To my church, they see me as their pastor. To my friends, they see me as just another guy. Each person sees me in correlation to my relationship with them. It’s the same for me, with God.

To some, God reveals himself as the Father, to others, he reveals himself as the Son, and to others, as the Comforter. There are times in my life when I am in need of a Father, other times, I’m in need of a redeemer, and other times, I just need a comforter. But they are all one God. This is why Jesus stated that when we see him we see the Father, because they are one. Not just in unity and purpose, but in being as well.

The reason why God manifests in three natures, it’s because that’s his pattern. The third day has reason and purpose. It wasn’t a random thing that God just pulled a number out of his hat and decided Jesus could get up on the third day. It is because the number 3 is the number of resurrection. So many things manifest in threes. It’s a pattern of resurrection of our spirit being realigned with our soul in that it is brought out from beneath the souls dominance. Adam put the soul in the dominant place, Christ reversed it back, and in doing so, the principles are extensions of the resurrection experience.

Just as I am a spirit that has a soul that lives in this body, each of those three components are only part of who I am. You have to keep them all together in order for me to be “me”. And God is the same way. You can’t separate and segregate one nature of God from the other. This again is why Jesus also said, the only way to the Father is through the Son. And the Holy Spirit is the gravity that pulls us closer into the Father through the nature of the Son.

It is always the work of the carnal mind to separate and isolate, it’s also those who embrace the scriptures literally that find themselves wrongly dividing spiritual principles. They do well at explaining the natural events and the moral values to be absorbed from those events. But when it comes to spiritual principles in the kingdom truths, they continue using the methods of reasoning and labor to reinforce their belief systems.

Embracing the literal articulation of scripture doesn’t breach the realm of the spirit, it just points to it. The entering in the spirit comes through the releasing of the knowledge we have in and of ourselves, and relying on the Spirit to bring us life and revelation. The reason I reiterate this so much is because I’ve found personally that walking in the spirit reveals completely different conclusions from what knowledge had once brought.

There is a section in this book that dealt with dimensions. And as I was writing it out, there is a piece that I refrained from addressing due to the fact that this is a very sensitive issue and if I were to address it too early in the book, there is a chance you, as the reader, would misunderstand the message I’m trying to get across.

The underlying message in the book as a whole, is that there are doctrines and belief systems the church has established, and people have embraced, that no longer can be effective in this day of Rest that has come. As I pointed out in Hebrews 5 and the beginning of chapter 6, that even then, the author stated that there are things that assisted us to get where we are, but now we need to let go of them. And he lists them out.

Hebrews 6
1Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; NOT laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, 2Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 3And this will we do, if God permit.
4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

If you pay attention to the creed almost all of the churches have, regardless of denomination, the things we’re to let go of according to Hebrews 6, are the things the church now embraces and has let those very things become their identity. We’re either the “charismatic” this, or the “Pentecostal” that. We’ve identified ourselves with things that were meant to be temporary in assisting a believer into the maturity of the Father. But we’re to let them go. Not because they’re bad in and of themselves, but because they are the things that Paul spoke of when addressing his listeners that when he was a child, he spoke as a child, he acted as a child, but when he became a man, he “put away” those childish things.

By no means am I stating I think the ministry gifts are no longer necessary. I’m saying the emphasis and our identity with them is no longer as important to continue to pursue. Let the manifestations continue in the body, by all means, but when one matures to deeper levels, the identity changes as well. I still pray in tongues. I still pray for the sick, I still do all of those things. But I don’t spend the time teaching and preaching the importance of identifying with them.

Unfortunately for many, the church has embraced the elementary things of God and at the same time called themselves mature in God. So that when God does choose to reveal himself to people, they reject what they see because it’s not even close to what they can identify with. The church has painted themselves into a spiritual corner so that now, the only change they can really experience, is a cosmetic one. They change their emphasis in ministry from youth to missions, or they try to make bigger, better by encouraging small group sessions within the bigger body.

But if you came to any of them with the idea that maybe the stone that entered Goliath’s head is a picture of Christ, the corner stone, penetrating the carnal mind of man. This stone was drawn from the stream of the spirit with four other stones, totaling five all together, which has little to do with the fact that Goliath had four brothers, but everything to do with the fact that five is the number of grace. It was by God’s grace that carnality was brought down that day so that God’s chosen could be acknowledged as king in the promise land.

And even though that stone entering his mind, caused him to fall back to the earth from which he came, it wasn’t enough. His head still had to be removed with the sword. That the carnal man’s knowledge of Jesus isn’t enough, we need to take our mind out of it all together so that our Spirit may return our Father back to His rightful place on the throne of our temple within us.

But because the mainline church has embraced something that it was supposed to let go of generations ago, reading scripture in this manner is a fearful thing to them. I’m speaking from experience. They have some extremely harsh words for those who attempt to go dimensional on them. That’s why we need a paradigm shift. That’s why I believe what God is showing us now, things are not to be “added” into the rest of our belief systems, instead they are to “replace” the very things we’ve embraced and identified ourselves with.

One of the first things people often use as a defense is the implication that everything they’re going through, all the teachings, all the classes and lessons learned, that by saying we’re to give it up now, is saying that we just wasted our lives away until “now”, and that couldn’t be further from the truth. It’s like going to college, you can’t get into college unless you first graduate from high school. It’s a requirement for everyone. But those people in college, even though you know, many are told, “forget everything you learned about this subject in your high schools, this class takes you outside of the box . . .”

But yet for you to even get into that college class, you first must pass through your high school years with everyone else in high school. You didn’t waste your time in high school, it was necessary for you to experience all of that in order to lay a basic foundation. It’s just that once you mature passed it, it’s no longer a necessity to embrace it as you did when you were first experiencing it. But when it’s time to graduate from high school, we graduate and move on don’t we? We’re not to remain in the classes that brought us here. We’re to let go of what’s behind so we can embrace what lies ahead. It’s the same thing here spiritually.

Demolition And Reconstruction
The important thing to also see here is, it’s a process. If my mind is full of traditional reasoning and I choose to have it replaced, then I need to lay the traditional thinking down and begin filling my mind with the new thing that is to be replacing what’s existing. But it’s not an overnight experience. It’s like anything else my mind experiences, it’s a process. But if I choose to just pursue Christ, forget about all the rules and regulations enforced by the pulpit preachers beating the bride with the very Word of God that is to bring her resurrection, if I can break away from that and just keep it simple. If I can just pursue Christ and let all the other stuff fall where it may, intimacy will come.

And with it, revelation and the unveiling of truth. But when it happens, be ready to let go of the things its come to replace. Then . . .back to the stories of our childhood . . .let them come alive in you as you re-address their meanings. When you choose to enter into the kingdom, the Father then reveals their truths to your spirit. That’s the spirit to spirit affirmation that Paul speaks about. Just as I just referred to, David and Goliath. The spiritual picture of this story is, again, a picture of the inter workings within us. But it comes in dimensions. Seeing it spiritually is seeing it inwardly. I’ve mentioned this before.

I heard a question asked by another pastor recently upon hearing a similar message as to what I’m writing about here. It was interesting to hear his question and the responses that followed. The person that introduced these new approaches was only visiting and his time was coming to a close as he was taking questions, this pastor asked “Where do we go from here? Are there other authors of books that we can read and learn more?” Another pastor wryly answered back “Paul?”

The reply was, for us to openly share amongst ourselves about the things that were said with the hope and intent that we’d learn and grow from each other as each person surely would have different things that they connected with above other things. I got to thinking about the first answer that was given and it occurred to me, that’s really closer to the truth than anything else mentioned. It’s not books written of other people that we need to pursue. We already have “the” book. What we need is to read the same book with a new perspective, rather than reinforcing the old. We need to read it from the ascended place where it was inspired from.

Having said all of that, I want to challenge you to consider this very seriously. What if the literal understanding of what scripture says, was to be taken literally “only” to those to whom it was literally written to? We’re not to take “any” of it literally. We need to obviously read it to know what it says. But that’s as far as that piece of it goes. Remember the dimensions. The first dimension of scripture is the historical context. You don’t apply literal history. You may relate to it, but applying it won’t work because our culture is vastly different, as is the progress of our abilities in general.

There really was a David, there really was a goliath. There really was a church in Corinth that had unruly women who needed specific instruction to be quiet in church and just listen. The second dimension of this is that there is always a goliath in our lives that is threatening to destroy us, to embarrass us, to humiliate us, but we should put our faith in God to get us through our trials.

And that people can be somewhat obnoxious in church and there should be some order in it where freedom is not mistaken for chaos. There is a time and a place for everything. Okay, that’s all fine and good. We know what the word said, we apply the moral principle to our daily lives, but the main purpose for every verse and every line is that we pursue the spiritual truth within it. Know, apply and pursue. Know the natural stories, apply the moral value, but always and forever, pursue the spiritual intent.

So now as I read through the scriptures, I realize that the things that were said were to a people, I’m referring to the New Testament now, that had no history of how a church was to operate. They had no ancestral examples to look back on. No revivals in their past that spawned new denominations and doctrines that would be handed down generation to generation.

I would hope to believe that the things written to the church then, would only be literally applied to the church “then” because the church “now” should have some maturity to it. So that it can take the milk and feed it to the infants, take the high energy principles of warfare and feed it to the spiritual youths, but then to the spiritual elderly, those passages should be emphasized in spiritual perspectives rather than literal.

Do I put on the armor of God? No. I used to, but not anymore. Is it wrong for those who still do? No, again. Not if that’s where their maturity level is. But if someone has been in the church for 40 years and their belief system hasn’t changed one iota, there’s something wrong in the applications. If you think about it, this subject was always a confusing one even with the disciples. Jesus was always talking in dimensions. Scripture calls it parables. But it’s the same thing. He would use a natural story to reveal a spiritual truth, but they never understood the natural story, or the spiritual truth.

But what Jesus was doing was an example for all of us. He was not laboring, He wasn’t in warfare, He was planting. He wasn’t out to make sure all who heard Him would understand His every word. But that didn’t stop Him from going off the deep end all the time either. It is surprising to learn how many people in leadership positions that have aspirations to see things on a more dimensional level, but they keep it to themselves for fear of creating division and confusion. I figure if Jesus went ahead with sharing the deeper things, we should as well.

And when the disciples pulled him aside and asked him privately why He always spoke in parables, His explanation was in two parts. One, it’s to fulfill the prophetic scriptures referring to people having eyes but cannot see, and ears but cannot hear. Jesus would always fulfill and affirm the Word, because He “was” the Word. He was just illuminating the nature of truth in the word through His actions in the flesh.

The second part of His response was to inform the disciples that they were given the ability to be able to understand the deeper things He was saying. I always wondered about that statement. I wonder if it didn’t shock them to have Him say that to them. The reason they were asking about it in the first place was because they didn’t understand anymore than the general public. But yet He’s telling them they’ve been given the ability to understand? There is a key to all of this. It has to do with your willingness to receive.

Matthew 13
10And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
13Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears
are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
16But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

The King James version can get confusing with the “haths” and “hath nots”. So just for clarification, I’d like to share another translation on that same text.

Message Translation
11-15He replied, "You've been given insight into God's kingdom. You know how it works. Not everybody has this gift, this insight; it hasn't been given to them. Whenever someone has a ready heart for this, the insights and understandings flow freely. But if there is no readiness, any trace of receptivity soon disappears. That's why I tell stories: to create readiness, to nudge the people toward receptive insight. In their present state they can stare till doomsday and not see it, listen till they're blue in the face and not get it. I don't want Isaiah's forecast repeated all over again:

Your ears are open but you don't hear a thing.
Your eyes are awake but you don't see a thing.
The people are blockheads!

They stick their fingers in their ears so they won't have to listen;
They screw their eyes shut so they won't have to look, so they won't have to deal with me face-to-face and let me heal them.

So what was it that gave the disciples the ability to understand? It was the fact that they were taking in every word Jesus said without any resistance at all. The reason those with ears couldn’t hear was because they wouldn’t receive. They were close minded. Again, the transformation of relationship manifests when the mind is at rest, in submission to the spirit. When there is no arguing within us.

If it’s hard to chew, let it simmer for a while. But whatever you do, don’t reject what’s being said. Truth comes in seed form. Our mind can not envision the end result in the same way you would never be able to know that a tomato seed would turn into a green plant producing red juicy fruit unless you had already seen the end result by way of past experience. Letting natural reveal spiritual truth here, the spiritual seed does the same thing.

We don’t understand it at its conception within us and because our mind is what it is, if it can’t figure something out, it’s first reflex is to cast whatever the confusing thing is aside. Even though the disciples weren’t understanding what Jesus was saying, they were still receiving. The birthing came in the upper room experience. That’s where the church is being called to, the upper realm of relationship with the Father. God is leading the bride to a higher plain of intimacy in him. With it comes revelation of the nature of the Son. And with that, goes the false images conjured up by the carnal mind in the religious churches. It’s not a matter of “if” it happens, it’s a matter of “when”.

So, in this state of receptivity, may you receive the concepts being offered in this book as truth and light and not just a bunch of opinions and observations from yet another religious thinking mind. This is why hell has changed for me. It’s why the purpose of salvation has changed. It’s why the trinity doctrine has come down in me. And satan no longer is an image of imps and demons, but it’s simply the carnality of my mind.

The doctrine of the devil has also fallen. The doctrine of tithing. I don’t give God 10 percent. I gave my all to him. It’s not about money, he doesn’t worship money like I do. Giving is a way of life because there is no end to his resources. The view of the Sabbath has been transformed. The doctrine of the Word itself has come down. As an individual, God has ushered change into every doctrine that was once my identity. But there was a crossroads I had to come to.

As you’ve read these pages, I’m sure you realize by now, my view on things is outside the boundaries of pretty much every church out there. And for the most part, I agree. There are a few that have left the mother church in order to continue their growth in the kingdom. We’re definitely not alone, and we’re definitely getting bigger. But it’s not through mass media that change will come to the church. It’s going to happen only on an individual basis.

The time will come to every conventional believer, that they will approach this same fork in the road. God will lead them to the boundary lines of their belief system and the call to continue on will be just as strong as it was when it called the church to awake. But the question is, when you reach the boundaries of your belief system, where you know that to go any further will mean you have to let go of the system of doctrines that drew the lines there in the first place, then what will you choose? Will you cross those lines and not look back?

Or will you decide it’s too much of a risk to pursue things that appear to be the opposite of what everyone else has been embracing? Or that it’s safer letting others decide for you what is God and what is false teaching? I can’t make that decision for you. I do believe this is where “count the cost” was intended to be applied. The cost can be friends and family members. It can mean open rebuke from the church you have put so much time, energy and effort into.

Remember, the religious ones are the ones with ears that can’t hear and eyes that can’t see, because their minds have already established images and walls that keep their belief system intact. Jesus said, the kingdom of heaven does not come by observation. It’s the same thing when he told Peter, “flesh and blood did not reveal the truth of Jesus to him. The kingdom of God is “within” us. That’s where the third dimension is, it’s applying truth “within” instead of trying to interpret it without.

There are a couple huge idols still left unaddressed. But I felt I needed to slow down a bit in order for you to receive what is yet to be said. But I think the time has now come to where we can delve into these remaining areas that the church has embraced and protected with great labor. Let’s talk about the “rapture”.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum