APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

2Kings 4:8-11

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 2Kings 4:8-11 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:08 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Good Morning Everyone,
This is another one of those stories in Old Test. that can be overlooked, I love these little treasures found in The Word. What was this "Woman" doing?
Does anyone see a picture of Christ and The finished Work?

2Ki 4:8 And it fell on a day, that Elisha passed to Shunem, where was a great woman; and she constrained him to eat bread. And so it was, that as oft as he passed by, he turned in thither to eat bread.
2Ki 4:9 And she said unto her husband, Behold now, I perceive that this is an holy man of God, which passeth by us continually.
2Ki 4:10 Let us make a little chamber, I pray thee, on the wall; and let us set for him there a bed, and a table, and a stool, and a candlestick: and it shall be, when he cometh to us, that he shall turn in thither.
2Ki 4:11 And it fell on a day, that he came thither, and he turned into the chamber, and lay there.

I'll be back later on today, can't wait to see what ya'll see in this. Wink

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

2 Re: 2Kings 4:8-11 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:56 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
I go to prepare a place for you

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

3 Re: 2Kings 4:8-11 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:45 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
jugghead wrote:I go to prepare a place for you

Yes!! That is what it speaks of. And here's the details.

This whole chapter is a pattern. It starts out with a Woman/Soul who says that her husband is "Dead". Which speaks of the Law.

2Ki 4:1 Now there cried a certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets unto Elisha, saying, Thy servant my husband is dead; and thou knowest that thy servant did fear the LORD: and the creditor is come to take unto him my two sons to be bondmen.

Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

She was afraid that now that her husband was dead and had no way to pay her debts, the debtors would come and take her two sons to be slaves for payment.

This Woman gained from the Law and it actually prepared her for The Saviour. What did she have, "oil"/anointing.

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

She had faith to go to the prophet Elisha and asked him what to do. And he told her, fill all the vessels she could find, and she did, and then he told her, to sell it to pay her debts, and the rest, her and her sons would live on. This totally speaks of our Lord and how He has paid the price for our "freedom" from our debtors.

This second Woman here is married but she was a Great Woman/Soul, she abode in a place called "quietly/Rest. Elisha is symbolic for the Holy Spirit passing over us in our beginning as He woes us to Himself. For it says He continually passed by her place and she constrained Him to eat Bread with her.

Now in the process of Breaking Bread with The Holy Spirit what takes place? An indwelling, as Jugghead said she prepared her heart to receive The Spirit of God. It is seen in the things that she set up for Him.

A Bed--For Rest
A Table--For eating
A Stool which is translated "Throne"--To Reign from
A Candlestick--For Light

These are the things that she prepared for The Man of God/Prophet/Holy Spirit/our Lord, so He would come in and dwell with them.

The husband and the wife,/ The spirit and the soul in unity, but..........they could not bring forth a SON.
And this is what she wanted from Him.

2Ki 4:14 And he said, What then is to be done for her? And Gehazi answered, Verily she hath no child, and her husband is old.

Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

2Ki 4:15 And he said, Call her. And when he had called her, she stood in the door.

To sum things up so that this is not so long, if you read on, you'll find out that she did conceive and bore a Son, and then one day........he cried out......."My Head, My Head!!"" that alone speaks volumes, for He is our HEAD, Nevertheless, he dies, now there's a surprise,.. "not",... LOL, of Course He dies, He had to, in order for us to Live. Are ya'll following this pattern or am I loosing ya?

And look at how Elisha did this, you can almost see him stretched out in the form of the Cross. +

2Ki 4:34 And he went up, and lay upon the child, and put his mouth upon his mouth, and his eyes upon his eyes, and his hands upon his hands: and he stretched himself upon the child; and the flesh of the child waxed warm.
2Ki 4:35 Then he returned, and walked in the house to and fro; and went up, and stretched himself upon him: and the child sneezed seven times, and the child opened his eyes.
2Ki 4:36 And he called Gehazi, and said, Call this Shunammite. So he called her. And when she was come in unto him, he said, Take up thy son.

I have no idea about the sneezing seven times, never have known what it means in the scriptures, but anyhow....

The Son is no doubt a picture of our Lord, we conceive Him, then that Seed must die in us, in order for it to bring forth. And of course death can not keep Him down, He rose again, so did her Son.
Coincidence?? Not hardly. Smile

Thank you for your time.
Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

4 Re: 2Kings 4:8-11 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:18 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
Scherryl wrote:
jugghead wrote:I go to prepare a place for you

Yes!! That is what it speaks of. And here's the details.

This whole chapter is a pattern. It starts out with a Woman/Soul who says that her husband is "Dead". Which speaks of the Law.

2Ki 4:1 Now there cried a certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets unto Elisha, saying, Thy servant my husband is dead; and thou knowest that thy servant did fear the LORD: and the creditor is come to take unto him my two sons to be bondmen.

Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

She was afraid that now that her husband was dead and had no way to pay her debts, the debtors would come and take her two sons to be slaves for payment.

This Woman gained from the Law and it actually prepared her for The Saviour. What did she have, "oil"/anointing.

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

She had faith to go to the prophet Elisha and asked him what to do. And he told her, fill all the vessels she could find, and she did, and then he told her, to sell it to pay her debts, and the rest, her and her sons would live on. This totally speaks of our Lord and how He has paid the price for our "freedom" from our debtors.

This second Woman here is married but she was a Great Woman/Soul, she abode in a place called "quietly/Rest. Elisha is symbolic for the Holy Spirit passing over us in our beginning as He woes us to Himself. For it says He continually passed by her place and she constrained Him to eat Bread with her.

Now in the process of Breaking Bread with The Holy Spirit what takes place? An indwelling, as Jugghead said she prepared her heart to receive The Spirit of God. It is seen in the things that she set up for Him.

A Bed--For Rest
A Table--For eating
A Stool which is translated "Throne"--To Reign from
A Candlestick--For Light

These are the things that she prepared for The Man of God/Prophet/Holy Spirit/our Lord, so He would come in and dwell with them.

The husband and the wife,/ The spirit and the soul in unity, but..........they could not bring forth a SON.
And this is what she wanted from Him.

2Ki 4:14 And he said, What then is to be done for her? And Gehazi answered, Verily she hath no child, and her husband is old.

Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

2Ki 4:15 And he said, Call her. And when he had called her, she stood in the door.

To sum things up so that this is not so long, if you read on, you'll find out that she did conceive and bore a Son, and then one day........he cried out......."My Head, My Head!!"" that alone speaks volumes, for He is our HEAD, Nevertheless, he dies, now there's a surprise,.. "not",... LOL, of Course He dies, He had to, in order for us to Live. Are ya'll following this pattern or am I loosing ya?

And look at how Elisha did this, you can almost see him stretched out in the form of the Cross. +

2Ki 4:34 And he went up, and lay upon the child, and put his mouth upon his mouth, and his eyes upon his eyes, and his hands upon his hands: and he stretched himself upon the child; and the flesh of the child waxed warm.
2Ki 4:35 Then he returned, and walked in the house to and fro; and went up, and stretched himself upon him: and the child sneezed seven times, and the child opened his eyes.
2Ki 4:36 And he called Gehazi, and said, Call this Shunammite. So he called her. And when she was come in unto him, he said, Take up thy son.

I have no idea about the sneezing seven times, never have known what it means in the scriptures, but anyhow....

The Son is no doubt a picture of our Lord, we conceive Him, then that Seed must die in us, in order for it to bring forth. And of course death can not keep Him down, He rose again, so did her Son.
Coincidence?? Not hardly. Smile

Thank you for your time.
Blessings

As I thought about this, I too saw the same thing in the bed, table, stool and candlestick

And as for the sneezing, the act of sneezing is the body trying to get rid of the foreign objects that have invaded the body.

Jugg

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

5 Re: 2Kings 4:8-11 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:38 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Yeah, look at what I found on the net.

A sneeze, or sternutation, is a semi-autonomous, convulsive expulsion of air from the lungs through the nose and mouth, usually caused by foreign particles irritating the nasal mucosa. A sneeze expels air forcibly from the mouth and nose in an explosive, spasmodic involuntary action resulting chiefly from irritation of the nasal mucous membrane.[1] Sneezing is possibly linked to sudden exposure to bright light, sudden change (fall) in temperature, breeze of cold air, a particularly full stomach, or viral infection, and can lead to the spread of disease.

When I read this immediately I thought of Adam, God breathed into His nostrils the breath of life, but we know that it wasn't the Life of Christ, but soulish, earthy life, the same as the animals right?

So could it be that when they sneeze these 7 times which speaks of Spiritual Compleatness, and the sudden change in temperature of the child when Elisha stretched himself on him, and ....sudden change in Light, all have to do with him sneezing?

I think it symbolically speaks of a change in the nature. From Adam life, to Christ Life. Or from death to Life really.

I know when Jesus raised a child in the Gospels he also sneezed 7 times. So it must mean from Death to Life, Resurrection. I'm good with that. Smile

Blessings

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum