APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

How can God let such a horrific thing happen to such innocent children?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

ednamarie

I JUST WANTED TO SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE. SENT WITH MUCH LOVE.

http://daddyswolfangel@yahoo.com

Hibbs

Blessings to all....you've probably all seen the Christmas poem about Newtown but the Lord gave me some things to add. Trust that it will be a blessing.
Love in Him

Cameo Smith wrote: woke up early to think, write, ponder and pray.
This is the product of some of her thoughts: (with anonymous additions)

Newtown Revisited

Twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38
when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.
Their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.
They could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.

They were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say.
They remembered nothing of what had happened that day.
"Where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.
"This is heaven." declared a small boy. "I think its God's house."

When what to their wondering eyes did appear,
but Jesus, their savior, as they gathered near.
He looked and then smiled, and they smiled just the same.
Then He opened His arms and He called them by name.

In that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring
as those children all flew to the arms of their King.
And as they lingered in the warmth of His loving embrace,
One small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.

And as if He could read all the questions she had
He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad."
Then He looked down on earth, the world far below.
He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe.

Then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"
"May this country be delivered from the hands of fools."
"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"

Then He and the children stood up without a sound.
"Come now my children, let me show you around."
Excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran,
All displaying enthusiasm as only small children can.

To those who have fear and cannot understand,
I encourage them listen to heaven's new band.
While those that remain here are stuck with a frown,
The children are sitting now crowned with a crown.

Some look for St. Nick and his reindeer to come.
I encourage you look at what my love has done.
How many now pray and seek better days,
And how to discover and better their ways.

It is Christ that makes Christmas, not glitter and fluff.
I am Christmas's true gift, much finer stuff.
So open your hearts and go past the pain,
And receive all my comfort, and glory and gain.

While this life you must lose, my life you receive.
So freely then give and thus freely receive.
My plan has not failed, I shall surely return,
Love always prevails and this all shall learn.

And I heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
"In the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."
While the sorrow that comes may seem to endure,
The morning shall dawn, the promise is sure.

Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life. (Rev. 2:10)

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
That was Beautiful Mark thank you for sharing.

This one I found too, it was written anonymously for the Sandy Hook Elementary School.

The Field Trip

Please don’t cry, we’re okay.
We went on a field trip today.

A secret place where there’s fun to be had.
And the principal’s with us, so we won’t be bad.

It’s full of toys and rainbow slides.
Cotton candy and high cloud rides.

A funny zoo full of different things.
I even saw a man with wings.

We’re not alone so don’t you fear.
We’re chaperoned by Jesus here.

It’s really nice so I think I’ll stay.
And hold your spot til your field trip day.

I know Christmas is here and there’s toys to be given.
So please tell Santa that I’m here in heaven.

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

Y'Israel

Scherryl wrote:LOL, that's just about right David,

That's exactly how Religion will treat you once they have labeled you.

You know it's funny that this has come up.
I'm also on another forum called Christian chat.com It's the same board that they ripped me and Israel apart on just before they banned us permanently.

Anyhow, I've been posting over there now for a couple of weeks now, and since they don't know who I am because I have not yet crossed the line with what I truly believe as far as All being saved, they like everything I'm saying, in fact I just checked this morning and I've got 33 post, and 26 or 29 likes..
which to me is SOOOOOO phony, because if they only knew who it was that they were talking to, they would string me up and discard everything that I have said to them (that they liked) and throw it out with me, in a heartbeat. They would turn on me like a viper.

Blessings

Lol. Hey as long as they believe that you accept their covenant of death, they'll be your best buddy!

The last time I was banned under the name "judgement", I had posted on a thread "greennice" started. I was banned previously for "teaching a false religion". I simply asked the person who banned me what constitutes acceptable religion as I was sure the moderator was not an SDA or a Jehovah's witness or something like that.

The other posters were also curious as to what reason myself and a few others
Were banned (it's funny that "Rickshafer" actually thought he was beginning to reach me about my false ways).

I told them why and for what reason I was being banned. I KNEW I was going to get banned by "still_waters" but before I was, "greennice" had "liked" the post. But to save face and the respect he garnered by the others, he promptly removed his "like" realizing that I was not accepted.

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Yep, that's the way they are alright.
They would rather argue than really listen to The Spirit of Truth.

I don't know how long I will last there, I guess until The Lord has me bring it out, so far He hasn't.

I'm just so glad I have this place to come too, and talk to those who know that, Love and Compassion is the most important thing.

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

cross-eyed

I have wrestled more than once on how to communicate on the forums when it oomes to spiritual truths. It bothers me to watch the religious vultures pick apart something that I shared that I cherished. It gave new understanding to the passage about casting pearls before the swine. When one realizes the process that takes place in the making of a pearl, it becomes so much more relevant as to what the pearls symbolize "in" me.

It also connects with the many passages where Jesus literally instructed a disciple or individual that just received a phenomenal healing, that they were to tell no one. Or even passages like when Daniel wanted to know the name of the angel he ended up wrestling with . . .he was never told because his understanding wouldn't be able to comprehend.

We go into these large forums and we engage in a conversation where things begin to get spiritually intimate, but instead of being embraced, it gets trampled, torn apart and discredited. It all goes back to the order of the tabernacle all over again. Only the high priest could ever enter into the holy of holies. It took a maturing process to become a high priest.

Because of Christ, we all are now enabled to pass through the veil, but not all have. It's all based on relationship, not on knowledge. Those with the knowledge are the same that attempt to tear apart what you hold dear to your heart. They are convinced by their interpretation of Scripture that you have fallen into a false doctrine. Interesting how that works.

We all want to be transformed by the renewing of our minds . . .yet when some actually reflect the change, the rest of them quickly denounce the transformation. What exactly do they think a transformed mind is going to see? The same thing we've seen for all of our religious lives? Or things that are not bound by religious boundaries?

That again, is why we have certain policies for this forum that most others don't have. Everyone here realizes everything comes through grace and manifests through relationship with the Father. We realize we don't all see the exact same things, but because we've all experinced the transformation of the minds, we realize that our understanding, even though it's expanding every day, it's still limited, but our spirits are not.

So when things are said that go over our heads, rather than try to bring correction, or so our minds think, to the other for their different view, we "let" God do the leading and just "maybe" we can grow in the process as well.

This is a place where pearls are welcome.

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
So what is the answer Nathan?

Do we just sit on what has been given to us and never speak of those things, or is it just a matter of discernment of when to speak and when not to?

Me and Israel, was banned from ChristianWebsite.com, for speaking the Truth in Love about TSOA.

This was several mths. ago, and today that same Thread is pushing 15,000 views. Which you know from being on forums how rare that is.

People are hungry for The Good News, and I know that The Lord is Revealing Himself to others by this count.

Sometimes I wonder, sitting in the house all day and being so blessed by Him, doesn't He want us to share this with others? I think about Paul, and how no matter where he went he was met with resistance, and yet the Lord still sent him. I truly do not know, what we are to do. I am at a loss Sad

I know that we are to speak the Truth in Love, that's all I know as of now.

Blessings

Hibbs

Stephen preached a message and was stoned by a man named Saul...was that casting pearls or was it bread upon the waters? I think that as long as you have an urge in your spirit and pride is not the motive...(to be seen and heard by others)...that you are squarely in the will of God to share what you see. Just think what the Bible would look like had Stephen held back because of persecution.

I do not believe that we are to strive with words but there is a time and place to reason together and leave the increase to God. Sow some water some and watch God honor His Word.

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Thanks Mark,

cross-eyed

For me, it taught me to look for the season before releasing what I see. Forums are just a tough place to get intimate . . .that's really all I'm trying to say. I'm not condemning and I'm not advising to stay away from them. All I'm saying is, revelation from God comes through INTIMACY with God. Can't have intimacy if you don't have a relationship.

In the same way, when sharing spiritual intimacies, there needs to be a relationship established. Forums are great places for building relationships, but the intimacies can get delicate because vultures await.

I was often times told that I should ignore the nay-sayers because what was being posted was being received by many. But again, over time, I grew weary of the contsnt confrontations. Yes, there's a passage that speaks about casting your bread upon the water, but what I'm referring to isn't bread as much as it is pearls . . .intimacies . . .for me, there's a difference in depth.

I mean, for example, the simple principle about Peter cutting the ear off the high priests servant . . . to say that it's a spiritual picture about how the believers misuse the Word of God against the religious only leads to bringing deafness instead of increased hearing . . . that would be enough to be accused of twisting truths and making the Scripture say whatever I want it to say.

If a person showed hunger on the forum, I was eager to feed them what I had regardless of those who would attemp to snatch the seed away from them. That's the seasons I refer to. You know when someone's soil is ready to receive the seed.

For me, when I see the softness of the soil in their hearts, "that's" when I cast my bread upon the water and let God do what he desires with it.

I had another person just yesterday send me a personal message on Tent because he read something I wrote back in 2010 that really touched his heart and he wanted to let me know that. They're out there, the seed is out there, and God is leading the hungry to his table. He is putting his word in us, we're planting his word in others and their awareness of his nature in them increases as a result.

I feel like I'm digging a hole here.

There is a bit of a rush that comes when we see someone's eyes open in a rush of a revelation within them due to something we'd planted. But at the same time, there's a difference between scattering seed on the surface of the ground and actually "planting" a seed "in" the ground. I think it has to do with different levels of relationship is all.

Ever wonder why Jesus told the disciples "to them it was given to know" but not to everyone. I think it again, has to do with the depth of what is being given.

Of the 12 disciples, only three were able to see Jesus in his glorified state and they were specifically instructed not to tell anyone else. Bread on the water? Or selectively sharing pearls?

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Thank you Nathan,

That was very insightful and encouraging.

It's not that I'm in a place of being beat up right now, it's just so sad to see the deception, when you know that there is so much more.

Blessings

LindaY

Hi Nathan,

I debated on whether or not to post to your reply, NOT because of anything anyone has or has not said here but because I am having such a struggle with the same issues. In other words, I HEAR ya! At the same time, I have had the same questions as Scherryl. It's a struggle of knowing when to speak and when not to speak. For me, all I can say is that this is where HE has me TODAY. It doesn't mean that it will be the same today as it is on a different day because I feel like I'm in a growth process myself so, God may show me more light on something later that I'm unaware of TODAY. This "season" of things is beginning to become more real than ever for me, personally, and my understanding of them. It's never pleasant for the "vultures" to pick apart something that has been so precious in those intimate times we spend with Him.

It's nice to be here for me even though lately I've just been reading and taking in the pearls that are placed here. In other words, I hope none of you are discouraged because there are many like me probably who don't always reply at all but that doesn't mean we are not growing in His grace and love. It's only that I feel very immature in some things and haven't learned when to speak and when to keep silent.

I find it very sad to go to a forum and read such wonderful pearls of wisdom that give hope and encouragement to only be trampled on or picked to pieces by others. But, that seems to be the battles we have as a whole.

If it means anything, there is someone out here who is listening and growing so please don't be discouraged. Very Happy

LindaY

It's also very peaceful in just knowing and trusting that all things that are hidden will be brought to the light. That gives me peace for all of the questions from the beginning of the first post in this thread to the end and also in all of the battles and events going on in and around me with those that are placed in my path along the way from day to day and the daily events that are taking place in all of our lives here, even though at times things happen that "appear" so devastating.

cross-eyed

Weapons into plowshares . . .
I used to love debating, now I love planting. But people get offended by the fact that you're not willing to "defend" what you believe. For me, the moment I make the attempt to defend, I've reverted back to my warring ways.

Remember why David wasn't allowed to build the temple that he so desired? Because he was a man of war. Not even Jesus would defend himself . . .he even let the ungodly take him by force when all he had to do was give the word for the invisible kingdom to be released on his behalf . . . farmers make terrible warriers . . .I'm finding that out . . they're heart just isn't in it. It's just much more gratifying to plant and let the seed germinate in God's time. I'm finding that out as well. Smile

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Hey Linda,
I'm glad your still with us. Like you, I too feel a certain season for Reflection and growth.

My problem has never been about speaking boldly, or sharing what I see even if I become a fool Embarassed
The problem with me is keeping it shut.

Learning what Nathan says about determining when to recognize the hungry and the ground that is ready to receive. In here it's easy to share with ya'll, you've all been well seasoned by The Father. But sometimes I wonder if The Light shines the best in The Light, or Darkness, again this is something I struggle with.

I love having this place to come to, but I wonder if we ought to be out there in the Darkness so that The Light that is within us can shine on others.

Just things I've been pondering lately, sorry to ramble on.

I love you all so much, and appreciate each and everyone of you, individually and as a body.

Blessings

LindaY

Well Said Nathan! cheers

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
LindaY wrote:Well Said Nathan! cheers

Double that!!!

LindaY

Hi Scherryl,
Yes, still with you! Smile

I understand what you're saying. Are we not walking in dark places each and every day in this world though? It's just forums we are speaking of here. There is still a world we walk through outside of this WWW atmosphere.

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
LindaY wrote:Hi Scherryl,
Yes, still with you! Smile

I understand what you're saying. Are we not walking in dark places each and every day in this world though? It's just forums we are speaking of here. There is still a world we walk through outside of this WWW atmosphere.

Sometimes I wish that were true for me.
But I'm pretty much home bound and don't have the opportunity to do that. I've seen two people to talk to face to face in the last month. And that was Katie and her Mom on Christmas Eve. Very Happy

Blessings

LindaY

I do understand that too Scherryl. When I first began seeking out forums it was because I had been knocked totally off of my feet because of my back. I still am very limited in my ability to go places but have phone commumication. Some days I even want to toss that out the window. Arrow Just turning on the TV and watching the news can bring such darkness into our homes. Darkness is easily found it seems but, lately, just trusting in the finished work of Christ brings comfort and whether it's in a forum or in a room alone or walking in a grocery store or on the telephone, there is no place that light doesn't enter in and reveal hidden things in darkness and brings them to light. I wonder how many of your own neighbors are seeing your light shine from day to day? God knows. It's His work anyway. All we can do is trust in that and be an open vessel for Him to reveal truth to us.

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Thank you Linda for you encouraging words.
And yes, I agree about the darkness and the light, your right.

Blessings

LindaY

My problem has never been about speaking boldly, or sharing what I see even if I become a fool
The problem with me is keeping it shut.

Hmmmm....quote thingy is gone here.

Anyway, Scherryl, sis, if you only knew. LOL. My mouth has overloaded my brain so many times in these 59 years on this earth. We are who we are though and God uses the weak things to confound the mighty. Thank you God! Smile

1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;.....

There is so much more in this that I failed to post but, I hope the message came across from what is meant from the heart. I feel very weak in my own strength. It's His strength only that's important.

Last edited by LindaY on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : If I'm a fool, I'm a fool for Him.)

cross-eyed

All I can share is what I've seen and what I've
experienced. So I don't what ya thinkin that I feel you
should be "like me" because that wouldn't be pretty
either. But "for me" the seasons issue works both ways.
There are times when I spend/spent the majority of my
free time on the forum(s) but then the season comes
when circumstances and interests lead me elsewhere. Tent
was my home. I had several forums I'd play with but I
always found myself back at Tent.

But it felt as though that brook ran dry and much of
what I was posting was merely repeating what I'd already
said in other conversations. I also was warned several
times about "teaching" on the forum. That's a no-no.

But it's difficult to just say what you see to someone
who has never seen before. I've always tried to first
establish a bit of a platform with some background as to
"why" I see what I see. At any rate, I've tried a couple
times since backing away, to get back on again and, it's
just not been there for me. So I try to be aware of when
seasons end and when they begin.

Planting seed in someone who isn't willing to receive . .
not to sound too dramatic but when you take a man who is
aggressive toward a woman about releasing his seed, if
she is resistant to his advances, it's considered rape.

In the same way, preachers spiritually rape their
congregations on a weekly basis.

LindaY

I'll never forget the first time you said this Nathan. It hit me like a bolt of lightning and I realized I had done this many times. I read the other day how Christ came to redeem us from the "curse" of the law. This is very humbling and for this I am so thankful. I had never seen it like that before but it's so true.

So I don't what ya thinkin that I feel you
should be "like me" because that wouldn't be pretty
either

I don't understand (?) Were you addressing this to me or in general?

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
cross-eyed wrote:

It is this same principle that I see in the physical aspect of abortion.

The teachings of men abort (condemn to death) a person before they even have a chance to be born again.

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum