APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tape Ten (Part 2)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tape Ten (Part 2) on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:58 pm

cross-eyed

There’s a passage in Scripture that speaks of the restrainer

2 Thessalonians 2
3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 6And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

How This Really Doesn’t Fit the Tradition
This is another passage that is used to cement the rapture theory into the foundation of the church. But understand that there are several flaws to continuing that idea. For one, Paul never preached rapture, he preached the return of Jesus, but not the removal of the church. Second, it’s not God’s pattern to remove the righteous, in fact, right here in this passage of Revelation that we’re seeing as far as the four angels holding back until all are marked with the mark of God is another picture of the fact that God “protects” us from evil, but he doesn’t “remove” us from it’s existence.

If this passage in Revelation was a picture of the rapture, there wouldn’t be a marking, there’d be a taking; a “gathering”; a “calling”. But it’s none of those, there’s no removal of the sea, earth, or tree, but there is a “protection” for those that the angel of the Spirit “seals” in the Spirit of the minds, this is why the mark is on the forehead . . .the picture is detailed and specific for a reason. It’s all connected to the same proclamation that the leaders of Israel instilled in the nation when Jesus stood before Pilate. Whose blood did they call for?

Matthew 27:25
Then answered all the people, and said, His blood [be] on us, and on our children.

It’s Not Just About A.D. 70
The importance of this verse is not to emphasize A.D. 70, but it’s to focus on the removal of their entire belief system. In order to do that, he had to uproot the entire nation because they rejected the true vine, their roots had to be pulled up forcefully.

We constantly look at these passages of Scripture that we’ve attached to the rapture theory, and we insist that these Scriptures apply to a coming of Christ that has not yet happened. The Christ they called upon themselves is the same Christ that fell on Israel in A.D. 70.

What we see in our history books of the destruction of an entire nation is the same event that the Jews called for, and the Scripture prophesied. It was the payment for blood that was conceived by the Holy Spirit, formed in the womb of Mary, and rejected by the very people he was kin to. God is a God of Reconciliation.

We have been reconciled by Jesus, but if we reject Jesus, there is a reconciliation that still takes place, but it’s one that is brutal, and fatal. Paul even pronounced the Jews and announced to them the very same thing their parents had prophesied.

Acts 18:16
And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook [his] raiment, and said unto them, Your blood [be] upon your own heads; I [am] clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.

I have more that I could expand on this, but let’s take things in the order that they’re coming in through Scripture, we’ll deal with this more later, for now, let’s continue with Revelation.

1 Peter says we’ve been made as kings and priests. Revelation 5 says the same thing. We are the kings that are coming from the east. The east wind brings fresh revelation and brings the move of God into a fresh and new dimension into our lives. Let the wind blow!

The Euphrates river could very well be speaking of the one who was doing the holding back we just read. The river of the spirit is the one directing our steps. We are the army, he is the General. When the river evaporates, we as kings of the east, are let loose to take the land.

The wind of the north
Proverbs 25:23,
The north wind driveth away rain: so [doth] an angry countenance a backbiting tongue.
23A north wind brings stormy weather, and a gossipy tongue stormy looks. (Message)
23 The north wind brings forth rain, And a backbiting tongue, an angry countenance. NAS
23The north wind brings forth rain; so does a backbiting tongue bring forth an angry countenance. (Amp)
23As surely as rain blows in from the north, anger is caused by cruel words.
(Contemporary English)

The passage in Proverbs is simply one verse taken from many in it’s context and you can gather an idea that the north wind is a driving wind. I didn’t understand why a north wind would drive away rain or how that applies to what’s being said until I compared that verse with other translations. King James is the only version that appears to be misleading. All the others state that the north wind brings rain with it, instead of driving it away. Not to beat up on any one translation but . .it makes you wonder sometimes.

Ezekiel 1:4
And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness [was] about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

Judgment is Coming From the North
The passage in Ezekiel, you really have to read all the context there to understand what’s happening. But in short, God is removing his presence from the mercy seat in the temple in preparation for Babylon to come and destroy it and take Israel into exile. This is the scene that people “didn’t” see happen prior to the overtaking of the Babylonians. But you can bet it is the judgement of God that has caused it. So when you see this great sign coming out of the north, you can understand it to mean judgement has come.

Holy Dryness
Even today, we often sing about the wind of the spirit blowing into our homes and churches. What we don’t realize is that the spirit comes in more than just one form. When he comes in from a different direction, it has a different meaning and purpose. The spirit can blow in on a wind of judgement just as much as he can blow in on the easterly wind of new life and promise. The Holy Ghost is moving even when things are drying up.

The same wind that brings refreshing will shift and bring dryness to where there was once a river. Sometimes the spirit will blow in dryness instead of rain so the church doesn’t become dependant on the rain . .which symbolizes teaching . . On any given day, people will come and receive and receive and fill their notebooks full of insights and revelation. Then the next Sunday they’ll come in and not get a word that’s said from the pulpit. They’ll blame the one at the pulpit for being dry and hard to understand instead of realizing that there’s a dry wind that blew into their spirit sometime earlier in the week. Dryness births hunger for rain.

Putting it in laymen’s terms
So when we see reference to the Euphrates river drying up and the armies from the east cross the dry river bed, this is symbolically saying that because man has done his best to go against God’s will to let the Holy Spirit work freely, and we’ve religiously dammed up the flow, our own actions cause the river to dry up all together, but God hasn’t given up on us, there is a great army coming from the east; east representing a new beginning. that is to say his bride is rising up in the hope and glory of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 55 speaks of the rain being connected to teaching. But the times when God dries you up is because he doesn’t want you to become dependant on other people’s teachings. He wants you to find your own river of revelational glory in the fountains he brings to your own soul if you’d just dig a little, you’d find this is true. God knows that if he dries up the surface that you’ll begin to dig deeper into the wells that have been filled in.

Isaiah 55
10 Just as rain and snow descend from the skies and don't go back until they've watered the earth, Doing their work of making things grow and blossom, producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry, 11So will the words that come out of my mouth not come back empty--handed. They'll do the work I sent them to do, they'll complete the assignment I gave them.

Deu 32:2
My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

Wind From the South
The South wind is gentle. It brings growth.
Song of Solomon 4:16
16Wake up, North Wind, get moving, South Wind! Breathe on my garden, fill the air with spice fragrance. Oh, let my lover enter his garden! Yes, let him eat the fine, ripe fruits. Luk 12:55 And when [ye see] the south wind blow, ye say, There will be heat; and it cometh to pass. Act 27:13 And when the south wind blew softly, supposing that they had obtained [their] purpose, loosing [thence], they sailed close by Crete. Job 37:17 How thy garments [are] warm, when he quieteth the earth by the south [wind]?

In Song of Solomon, her garden needed the rain from the north and the warmth of the southern wind to bring her to maturity. Praying for the wind isn’t bad, we just need to understand which wind we’re praying for. If the east wind brings new life and promise, the north wind brings rain, the south wind brings comfort, what does the west wind bring?

Wind of the West
Exd 10:19 And the LORD turned a mighty strong west wind, which took away the locusts, and cast them into the Red sea; there remained not one locust in all the coasts of Egypt.

Rest is in the West
The west is where the sun sets and the Son Rests. As we see here, it’s the west wind that drives away the curse and plagues. It is the finished work. It is the end of the horizon of rest. It brings a quietness. A peacefulness. It works with the southern wind. Storms come mostly from the west. But the storms are for our benefit not our regret.

We need the rain, we need the thunder of judgement which purges us of the spiritual junk we sell ourselves to with the thinking that it’s a healthy thing to force disciplinary laws on each other in the name of God. But Jesus said that it’s the truth that will bring freedom, not the law.

Combinational Forces
Sometimes God lets the winds be mixed. In Acts 2 we see there was both a wind and a fire. It’s similar to what we see in Revelation 7. In Acts two, the spirit introduced himself to us by way of a rushing mighty wind. Sometimes it’s wind and rain. The same wind we see in Revelation 7. The purpose of the interruption of the wind is to seal God’s people. When you take a closer look at how the wind moves and works, you get a clearer picture of how the Holy Spirit works.

Patterns of Wind
I’ve seen sometimes when a storm goes through and the winds were so strong that we thought it was the work of a tornado. Sometimes it was hard to tell the difference. But you know, there is a difference because the way to know was by studying the path it left afterwards. Can you follow the winds path? No, you follow the debris it left. They could tell whether a tornado went through or not because if the debris was scattered aimlessly about in all directions, chances are it was a tornado. But if the debris had all landed in the same general direction from where it was ripped up from, then they’d tell you it was only straight winds.

How’s that apply to us?
The Holy Spirit will come in any way he chooses. For a while he may show up like a tornado and everyone scattered everywhere in the church will be greatly affected. Spiritually shaken by the wonderful presence. Other times it’ll come with destruction on His mind. Destruction of what? Religion, law, flesh, anything that isn’t home grown by God’s presence will be stripped and blown away. But then there will be still other times when he’s nothing more than a hush. You literally have to look for him to find him. Why? Because he wants you to make an effort to grow.

Rev 7:1
And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. Rev 7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, Rev 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. (wine and oil?) Rev 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: [and there were] sealed an hundred [and] forty [and] four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Ascending to Resurrection
The angel coming from the east with a seal. But what is this angel doing? He’s ascending from the east. Is this Jesus? No, it’s an angel with the picture of resurrection that happened on the earth. As the angel ascends, he’s giving you the picture of life through resurrection by way of ascension. The angel is coming from the east like the rising of the sun. Malachi talks about Jesus being the sun with healing in his wings. All of this has to do with the resurrection.

Sealed With the Spirit
What comes after in the feasts of Israel? There is Passover, then first fruits which has to do with resurrection, and unleaven bread that goes along there with it. Then after that it’s Pentecost. He sees this angel coming from the east who’s rising with the seal of the living God. What is the seal? It’s the baptism of the Holy Ghost. That’s what happened in the book of Acts.

The holy Spirit was a seal to God’s people. In the biblical world the seal was a grant of authority and power. It was a guarantee of protection and a mark of ownership. There was a seal put by Herod put on Jesus’ tomb. It was an authoritative action saying it’s not to be touched. If anyone broke that seal it was punishable by death.

How do we know it’s the baptism of the Holy Ghost? Ephesians 1 talks about the seal of our inheritance is the baptism of the Holy Ghost. When we were baptized in the spirit, we were sealed spiritually with God’s mark of ownership on our foreheads. The reason it’s on our forehead and not our wrist is because that’s where the mark of the beast had already been. Because we had received of our forefathers of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Dealing with the Head
Jesus had to be crucified on a hill called “skull”. But this isn’t where the head of Jesus was crushed, it’s where the head of Satan, or the head of the beast was crushed, not by Jesus’ hand but by his foot, by his walk, by his example, by his testimony.

Jesus had to have a crown of thorns pushed on his head because it was a curse from the carnal mind that was passed down from generation to generation since the first Adam. But the last Adam took a crown of thorn upon his head and redeemed us from our carnal minds and redeemed us with his blood and sealed us with his Spirit on our foreheads. That’s also why Goliath had to have the stone planted in his forehead to bring him to his knees.

2 Corinthians 1
21God affirms us, making us a sure thing in Christ, putting his Yes within us. 22By his Spirit he has stamped us with his eternal pledge--a sure beginning of what he is destined to complete.

2 Timothy 2
19 Nevertheless, the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal, " The Lord knows those who are His," and, " Everyone who names the name of the Lord is to abstain from wickedness."

Ezekiel 9
A Mark on the Forehead
1Then I heard him call out loudly, "Executioners, come! And bring your deadly weapons with you." 2Six men came down the road from the upper gate that faces north, each carrying his lethal weapon. With them was a man dressed in linen with a writing case slung from his shoulder. They entered and stood by the bronze altar. 3The Glory of the God of Israel ascended from his usual place above the cherubim-angels, moved to the threshold of the Temple, and called to the man with the writing case who was dressed in linen: 4"Go through the streets of Jerusalem and put a mark on the forehead of everyone who is in anguish over the outrageous obscenities being done in the city." 5I listened as he went on to address the executioners: "Follow him through the city and kill. Feel sorry for no one. Show no compassion. 6Kill old men and women, young men and women, mothers and children. But don't lay a hand on anyone with the mark. (oil and wine, earth, sea and trees) Start at my Temple." They started with the leaders in front of the Temple. 7He told the executioners, "Desecrate the Temple. Fill it with corpses. Then go out and continue the killing." 8So they went out and struck the city. While the massacre went forward, I was left alone. I fell on my face in prayer: "Oh, oh, GOD, my Master! Are you going to kill everyone left in Israel in this pouring out of your anger on Jerusalem?" (those martyred under the altar cry out the same thing)

The Church Was the Problem, Not a Solution
God seals his people and commissions these executioners to go and kill all the people of Israel. But first the angel is to go and seal all God’s people with a seal on their foreheads. This is the exact same language and format that we saw in Revelation.

What God is showing Ezekiel is the same thing he’s showing John and the same thing he had shown Daniel which I’m sure we’re going to eventually get to as well. Notice he starts with the temple and works his way out from there. Why? Because it was the temple’s religious that stirred up the crowds to declare the blood of Jesus to be upon their heads and on their children. Israel’s birth came through the temple and all it symbolized, but they chose to worship the creation (temple) rather than the creator and the very thing that birthed them, held them accountable for their rejection.

Already Sealed?
I’m not going to be sealed, I have been sealed. In fact, there are people that have been delivered from witchcraft that will tell you when they were steeped in it that there were certain people they couldn’t touch. They could actually see a spiritual mark on them and they knew they couldn’t penetrate them with their curses and so forth. It’s as real as you can get, but more importantly, it’s already a done deal. The mark is already on us in the spirit, not something to happen in the future. Nor is it something that you can physically see.

Mark = Cross
The high priest in the Old Testament had his head sealed. In Exodus 28 talks about him wearing a miter on his head that said “holy unto the Lord”. The exciting thing about this in Ezekiel 9, the word "“mark” is a letter in the Greek alphabet that looks like a cross. Ezekiel saw a revelation of how the saints are to be marked.

Through the power of the cross. God’s cross is and should always be implanted in our hearts. Paul stated “I have determined to know nothing but Jesus and him crucified. I didn’t come to you with fancy words, but in the power of the manifestations of the power of the cross.

What’s the Purpose for the Sealing?
The reason why he’s sealing them is because he’s protecting the believers from the judgement being handed down to the unbelievers. He’s protecting them from the wrath of the Great Tribulations. The days of Jacob’s Trouble that Daniel speaks about. Just as it was true then, it’s true now, there’s a seal upon us. If God can send three men through the fire and they can come out smelling just as fresh as they went it and we see the fulfillment of his prophetic words of two or more gathering together becomes three or more . . .

LUKE 21:18 States that not one hair on their heads will perish. We have taught this passage as well to be speaking of the seven year tribulation period and how those that are sealed will survive and they’ll come through unscathed. But again, it’s like what we saw in Ezekiel, many will be slaughtered that rejected Jesus, but those that put their faith in him will come out untouched.

What gives God more glory?
If we are all taken up and all hell is released while we’re being rewarded for seven years? Or if we, a glorious church walk through the fires of judgement and all those who’ve rejected him are destroyed like chaff in a furnace and we come through it unscathed?. We walk through it all and all the world sees that we are his remnant sealed from the tribulation that is all around us. As Scripture states the earth is the Lord’s and the fullness there of.

Don’t misunderstand what I’m saying.
This is not saying that once you ask Christ into your heart, you will be oblivious to any kind of pain or suffering from now on. What this “is” saying is, that as you go through those hard times, you will be protected from spiritual destruction of the situation. You will be given strength to “overcome” the desire to quit, to give in, to walk away, to let yourself be intimidated or manipulated by the enemy’s schemes.

Through, not Out
Scripture says we’re a glorious church. Some argue that Scripture states that God is going to deliver us from the wrath that is to come . .yes, but he’s not going to deliver us out of it. He’s going to deliver us through it. The pattern remains. Isaiah 43 states though you walk through the fire you’ll not be burned. God’s pattern is to protect us “through” the tribulation, not out of it.

The number of the 144,000?
We know that it’s definitely symbolic. Well, we know 12 has to do with the number of Israel. How do we know that? Israel is comprised of 12 tribes. 12 apostles, 12 is associated with new Jerusalem with 12 gates, 12 levels or dimensions. In one dimension, it’s relating to the bride because Scripture makes it clear, all who call on the name of the Lord are “engrafted” Jews. But the next dimension with this number is related to government. Jesus established his government here on earth and anointed 12 men to build on this foundation.

If you take 12 and multiply it times itself, you come up with 144. Any time you take a number and multiply it by itself in Scripture, it’s a picture of divine completion. In this case, full maturity of the bride. The word thousands, when used in other passages of Scripture is connected to the gathering of troops. When the armies of Israel were counted, they were counted by thousands.

Tradition Misses the Patterns
The book of Micah talks about when Jesus was to be born in Bethlehem, Micah states “though thou are little among the “thousands” of Judah, out of these shall come forth he that will be the Messiah. The number doesn’t have anything to do with a literal number of people. Tradition teaches this portion to mean there will be 12,000 Billy Grahm’s raised up from each tribe during the Great Tribulation to spread the Gospel. The problem with that is . . .not all tribes are of the same size in number. It’s like the United States. It’d be saying Massachusetts, a tiny state, will come up with the same number as Texas, one of the biggest states. Is this God’s pattern?

According to the Number of Your Household
In Exodus, we see the children of Israel instructed to gather a certain amount of manna for the day. The amount was the same for an individual, but not for a household. Reason being is because obviously, some families were larger and required more food. That’s a pattern. Yet again, to understand the traditional belief that a specific 144,000 Jews, 12,000 from each tribe regardless of it’s size, would become “super-evangelists” is not in alignment with the rest of God’s patterns.

12 = Government
So, we get the pattern that 12 is speaking of government, spiritual government in that there are 12 gates as well as 12 foundations. The 12 disciples were established into 12 apostles which became the foundation of the church. When Paul began his ministry, the time came to where he had to approach the church in Jerusalem, overseen by the disciples-turned-apostles.

And he had to explain to them the Jesus he preached was no longer a religious ploy to jail the Christians, but he’d truly been converted. He had to be recognized by the church. Does this mean he was forced to agree with everything they believed? No, there were areas where he didn’t see eye-to-eye with them, but they were still very united in their spreading of the gospel.

So, 12 is to be understood as government. 12 tribes, 12 disciples, 12 apostles, 12 gates, 12 foundations, we’re speaking of New Jerusalem now. 12,000 furlongs was it’s width, 12,000 was it’s height, 12,000 was it’s length. It was 12,000 squared. What about the tribes? Even though God is pouring out judgement on the old Israel. Those that had rejected Jesus for the Old government or old religious system, he had not abandon them completely. He’s going to destroy it’s city and all the old vestiges because they didn’t see that he fulfilled everything of the old covenant.

New Israel versus Old
But God’s original covenant was with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. When he begins to state the names of the tribes, it really doesn’t have anything to do with the natural seed of Abraham here, but of the spiritual seed. He’s abandoned the natural seed and has embraced the spiritual. That’s why we see the New Jerusalem in the end of Revelation. The Old system and the Old Jerusalem was completely destroyed, that government system of the religious church was removed and now a spiritual government is replacing it.

New Jerusalem, Symbolization
Jumping ahead a little here, but the New Jerusalem isn’t something we’re to be again, physically looking for it to fall from the sky. We are the New Jerusalem. We are the new creation., there will be more on this later. Romans 9 states that a Jew is not outwardly, but inwardly. What makes us a Jew is not just to be related physically, but spiritually.

So what we are seeing here in Revelation when it speaks of the seal on the foreheads of 144,000 Jews, he’s symbolically saying those that have been sealed by the holy spirit on their minds and hearts through the power and baptism of the Holy Spirit himself. As a result of that, it all falls in line with the day of Pentecost in the book of Acts when the Holy Spirit blew into the upper room. So we’re not dealing with a literal 144,000 Jews. When you look at it symbolically, when 12 is multiplied times itself, it’s indicating full completion.

Universal Language in Numbers
In the upper room, a new government was being established through the Spirit by way of Spirit baptism and fire. 120, 12 x 10. Government and law. Both were being established by Christ in the flesh, and now in the spirit. A new government being introduced as law is transformed into life. It’s a new and living way . .walk ye in it.

If you break down the time line, it was 50 days from the death on the cross to the day of Pentecost. That’s what Pentecost means, 50. Why does God work through symbols so much? Because it’s a universal language that all men of all cultures and nations understand and relate to. It was on the 50th year remember that was a year of Jubilee, which Jesus declared to the listeners in the temple where he read the daily Scripture.

The Significance of the Number in the Upper Room
How many were present in that upper room? Not 144,000, nor 1,000, but 120. What is 120 representing? It’s a tithe of what we saw in the 12,000 from each tribe that were sealed. It’s a remnant of the complete church. It is the first fruits of God’s new government. 120 is the tithe of one tribe.

144,000 is the complete and full government of saints. It’s when the wheat field has reached it’s maturity. It’s when the bride has come into full readiness for her groom. It’s when the earth’s inhabitants unite as one body of Christ. The baptism that took place in the upper room was the beginning of the angels sealing the saints. It’s the Holy Spirit’s presence in us that seals us. Why did they appear to be drunk? Because their minds no longer had control anymore!!

5From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed, from the tribe of Reuben 12,000, from the tribe of Gad 12,000, 6from the tribe of Asher 12,000, from the tribe of Naphtali 12,000, from the tribe of Manasseh12,000, 7from the tribe of Simeon 12,000, from the tribe of Levi 12,000, from the tribe of Issachar 12,000, 8from the tribe of Zebulun 12,000, from the tribe of Joseph 12,000, from the tribe of Benjamin 12,000

So why do we see the naming of all the tribes in Revelation? Because even though we see natural Israel has rejected Jesus, God still has a spiritual Israel that is his chosen people. His chosen nation. We are the Israel of God. Now, notice God mentions the tribe of Judah first. Yet in Genesis 48 and 49, Ruben is the first one listed because he’s the one that was born first.

Why Is Judah Mentioned First?
The reason why Judah is first is because Jesus was born of Judah. The New Tribe is not established through the old laws of traditional inheritance. The blessing goes to the tribe of Judah first because the seed of Life came from that tribe. Jesus was born in the line of Judah. These are all the 12 sons of Jacob or Israel.

When God established the addendum of law to Moses, the high priest was to wear a breast plate that contained 12 stones. Each of these stones represented one tribe. There was a connection between each stone and the qualities or characteristics of the tribe it represented. We begin to look prophetically at the church today and see people in the church have some of the same characteristics now that the Israelites had then.

Dividing = Babylon
The church is one nation. Not denomination, that means dividing which is Babylon. That was the result of Babylon and God caused them to be divided. But Scripture says we are a multi-faceted body with many people with many giftings. We look at certain people that fall in certain category or giftings that seem to match their personalities which all points back to this whole thing, these 12 sons and their names and characteristics from one another. You want to know what God’s government consists of? Take a closer look at the meaning of the tribes of Israel; the Revelational Israel. The Israel listed here in Revelation.

(1) Judah represents praise.
In fact if you were going to enter into the tabernacle of Moses, no matter where your tent was set up, be in on the north, south, east, or west, you would have to go through the tribe of Judah. In order to get to the opening of the outer court where the sacrifices are, you couldn’t approach it without first experiencing the members of the tribe of Judah. The temple is all about worship and praise to God. Judah is the tribe that’s encamped in front of the tabernacle’s door.

The Difference Between Praising and Singing
“I will enter into his Gates with thanksgiving in my heart. I will enter his Courts with praise.” Many complain about being left out, being on the fringes of what’s taking place. Not feeling God’s power and anointing throughout any given service and quickly they write it off as being the leadership’s fault.

But the truth of the matter is, you didn’t come through “praise”! Some may argue “I do sing” This may be true but there’s a huge difference between singing and praising. Praise comes from the spirit and it’s the door leading into a realm of worship no man can create on their own because it’s where God lives. Singing many times, is nothing more than carrying a tune, going through the motion while the mind is somewhere else.

“Put on” The garment of Praise for the spirit of heaviness, lift up your voice “to God”.

(2) Rueben means the vision of the sun.
Isn’t that interesting.
(3) Gad means behold the troup commeth. It has to do with spiritual warfare.
(4) Asher means happy. It has to do with those segments in the body of Christ that bring encouragement and exhortation to other believers. (5) Nephtali means wrestling. We know we wrestle not with flesh and blood but against principalities and powers. . . There are people who are wrestling with certain things that is wearing you out and the reason for that is you’re not gifted to do what your doing.

Demon Hunters
Some churches see others across town step out in a ministry of warfare that becomes successful in their church. And we immediately adopt their idea into our own church and can’t figure out why it’s working for them and not for us when we don’t realize the gift comes from above, not across.

We can take this a step further and say that there are people that take one Scripture alone that speaks of us having the authority over demonic forces. And we jump headlong into demonic realms that we have no business being in because some of those areas not only require anointing, but a calling as well.

This isn’t to say that I’m not equipped to handle demonic situations that come across my path when I’m operating in the ministry that I “have” been appointed to. This is saying that I’m not to let that become my primary focus to where I search out demonically controlled areas so that I can exercise my power. It simply doesn’t work that way.

Some people can create more trouble than they can bring resolve because they ignore the boundaries that are already established. We see even the disciples when they were working in that arena of deliverance, they didn’t have what it took to remove all demons. Why, because there are realms and dimensions in the demonic that require more prayer-preparation, more commitment, more discernment and focus than others.

(6) Menassah means “the Lord hath made me to forget”.
Menessah was the first child born in Egypt. Joseph was Manessah’s Father. As he was to Ephraim as well. But Joseph had a lot that he wanted to forget and Menessah was a declaration that Joseph was turning a corner in his life and being released of his past. Manessah is a type of Jesus.

When Jesus was a babe, he was born in Bethlehem, but it wasn’t long before he was taken to Egypt for protection. Can you imagine that? Egypt is a form of worldliness and God used the worldliness for his own personal intentions to protect his Son from being killed by the Roman government . .. again . ..

But how many of us have experienced what Joseph did? We’ve been misunderstood, falsely accused. God has let our visions evaporate and he’s let us be put into prisons and into pits and so on and so forth. The reason why he’s doing that is he’s leaving you in that position until he sees something inside of you that will cause you to forget everything that you’ve been through. My testimony is not about what I’ve been through, it’s about what God has done in me.

No wonder the world isn’t attracted to Jesus, most of the testimony is about our sorrow and pain. Everything that I’ve given up . .that isn’t glorifying Jesus, it’s glorifying flesh because Paul even says “It is not I that lives, but Christ in me. And the life that I now live I live by the faith in the Son of God who gave himself for me.” We need to start glorifying the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus instead of glorifying our past.

Emphasize Christ, not ungodliness
We get up and talk for 30 minutes about our being a drug addict and then talk for 5 minutes about our conversion. Scripture says that when the Holy Ghost comes upon you, you will be my witnesses. That word “witnesses” means martyr. P

roblem with us we’re not focussing on Jesus’ death, but we’re focussing on our own death. Menessah means he made me to forget, it means that your sins are separated from you as far as the east, which is the symbolism for promise is to the west, which is the removing of the plagues! THAT’S THE PATTERN OF GOD

Tribal Substitution
Menassah is the tribe that’s substituted for Dan. Dan is one of the twelve tribes of Israel but it’s not recorded here. Dan’s name means judgement. The reason why Dan isn’t in there is because Jesus has already taken your judgement and he’s replaced your judgement with Menassah so that you, nor God, has to carry the memory of the past failures and sin in your lift. The Lord “hath” (past tense) made you forget.

(7) Simeon means hearing.
It means to be able to hear. He that hath and ear let him hear. We need to stop competing and comparing and measure ourselves by how the other person lives or responds. We are all of one body with many parts. But yet we want to have everyone bend and form to our theology of thinking in that everyone should be evangelists, everyone should be preaching about the baptism of the spirit, everyone should be doing this or that. The reality is, everyone should be doing something different, that’s what makes the body a body.

(Cool Levi means to be joined.
Not about church membership. There’s a lot of gathering today and very little assembling. Scripture says we’re not to forsake the “assembling” of ourselves together, not the gathering of ourselves. The assembling has to do more with the “joining together” and it does to form a crowd. There are those that will come in and say they are a part of a “universal” body of Christ. Whenever you hear that, you can be sure you have a rebel on your hand.

Wild Donkey
There is a very tough term used for people like that. It’s called a wild ass. What is a wild ass? Well, according to Jeremiah 2, it is someone who goes wandering around in search of another mate that will bring them pleasure to put it mildly. They won’t commit themselves to any authority and the stand behind the pretense that the only authority they need is God or Jesus or just the word, it varies from one individual to another. But what they are saying is, I submit to no man.

You want to be like Christ? He submitted to a cross he didn’t deserve! You claim your Christians but the odor of your piousness can be detected long before you enter the door. It’s a tough line to swallow but the people that walk that line can’t hear anything else because they’ve got themselves so high on their own pedestal that you can’t get through to them any other way.

Jeremiah 2:24
A wild ass used to the wilderness, [that] snuffeth up the wind at her pleasure; in her occasion who can turn her away? all they that seek her will not weary themselves; in her month they shall find her.

Hsa 8:9
For they are gone up to Assyria, a wild ass alone by himself: Ephraim hath hired lovers.

Traits of a Rebel
They are an Ishmael, they can’t be tamed by anybody. They won’t come under government, they won’t come under authority. They won’t come under the hand of God. They want the blessing of God that comes from the hand of God but they won’t come under the hand of God itself. Scripture says to humble yourself under the mighty hand of God and he will exalt you in due season. All they want to do is run around and talk about their gift and how they’re gifted and how they run around looking to get into getting a position in eldership.

But they won’t humble themselves under the hand of God. The five-fold ministry of Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor, and teacher and humble themselves. Scripture says God only gives his grace to those that humble themselves. We have false humility that comes in the church and it disarms many because many will be innocently receptive. Then if they are singled out by the authority, they are the ones the scream the loudest so all of the church knows they’ve been attacked.

They don’t want to join anything because they are a part of the “universal body” of Christ. If you are a part of an invisible body, then it will be manifested in a visible body. If this were not to be true then there wouldn’t be any use for the references to the churches and synagogues in Scripture. John was instructed to write to a specific “church”. It was identifiable, it wasn’t some vague nomad group of people that just floated from one church to the next. These people had identity, they had foundations. They were accountable.

Firm Words of Tithing
If you have a place in the house of God and you don’t pay tithe, you have no grounds to lay any claim of any kind of voice in the church. Sound like living by the law? No, it’s cause and effect. You want the effects of blessings and coverings, but you don’t want to put an effort into what causes them to be released.

Scripture says your treasure is where your heart is. If your treasure is in every place other than the church, your heart is the same way. You’re robbing God Malachi talks about how you’re not connected to the part of the seed if you’re not tithing to God. (See Malachi 3 at the end of this lesson)

(9) Isacar means a reward or to pay the price. It’s an easy jump to see that this is another layer of Christ’s persona. Jesus has rewarded us with his authority and liberty in him as he paid the ultimate price for the removal of our sin.

(10) Zebulan means habitation. (exalted) Jesus doesn’t want to just come and visit us, he wants to live in us. It’s not meant to be temporary, but instead, to be permanent.

(11) Joseph means to add. God will add to the church daily. Joseph’s prophecy from his father depicts him as a flourishing vine whose branches spread over the wall. Jesus said if his name will be lifted up, he will draw all men unto him . . that means he will add. Joseph is a type of evangelism.

(12) Benjamin means son of my right hand. The last born to Jacob. The wonderful thing about Benjamin was, had a sack that was given an empty silver cup given by Joseph who’s a type of Christ. We need to stop drinking from the cup of Babylon and begin drinking from the silver cup of Christ. A cup of redemption.

Characteristics of Truth
The thing about putting out truth is, it does not offend nor does it bend the corners. It puts it out there plainly with no condemnation and no sugar coating. If there are those that are in sin, it points it out with no guilt or shame.

But what we must understand is, we are to do the same. Not point fingers at people or try to form them to our doctrines, but simply put the truth to them. If they reject our truth, there is still no condemnation nor should there be any judgmental attitudes. We must remember if rejections comes, it’s God’s truth they are rejecting, not us.

Be Christ – Always
Our pride often takes over when rejection rises up and we automatically fall back on defending why we believe what we believe. Especially when the other individual becomes accusational toward us. But if we approach them with a word of admonition, we need to be sure we’re maintaining our representation of Christ through the entire time.

Persecution From the Religious to the GodlyOur mindset has been that our persecution is to come from the world. But the truth is, our persecution is going to be coming from the structured church. Jesus showed this to us clearly. It wasn’t the world he had trouble with, it was the religious. It wasn’t the unbelievers that kept arguing with his doctrines, it was the religious. Am I against the structured church? No, I believe every church needs to have structure. But the one’s I’m a bit wary about are the religious churches that don’t have room in their boxes to turn around when God’s voices comes from behind them because of the fact they’re facing the wrong way.

Repentance, the Door of Heaven
John the Baptist’s message was not as much about being brash against anyone than he was about calling everyone to repentance. No one is so far away from God that they can’t come back. Even in Jesus day, if the Jews would have just repented and let Jesus bring them in to him like a hen with her chicks, you know Jesus would have forgiven them on the spot. But it’s the lack of forgiveness that hardened their hearts toward the truth. The truth is love. Patient, kindness, it is the way, and the life. It is Christ. I don’t want to miss what God is doing today.

Religion has dried up so many people and it’s so tiring to see it everywhere you go. I don’t do what I do because it’s a good living. I don’t do it because it’s an easy living. Nor because it makes you popular or makes friends and gives you influence because we know none of that is true. I do it because I don’t have a choice. God has put this fire in me and he’s put a trumpet to my lips and he’s put a word in me and I’m not afraid to let it sound. I don’t care about the doctrines of devils or the angels of light and all the things that are said that turn the hearts of God’s people that ought to be hearts of lions into whimpering babies.

Somebody somewhere is going to be hungry to hear what God is saying. I believe God is gathering from the four corners of this city into this one place where we can gather together and finally be able to begin hearing the truth of God’s word as it was originally intended. Let God’s river in this house not be dammed, but let it flow with truth and light and life. May religion be put to rest once and for all.

The Message (MSG)
Malachi 3
The Master You've Been Looking For
1"Look! I'm sending my messenger on ahead to clear the way for me. Suddenly, out of the blue, the Leader you've been looking for will enter his Temple--yes, the Messenger of the Covenant, the one you've been waiting for. Look! He's on his way!" A Message from the mouth of GOD-of-the-Angel-Armies.
2But who will be able to stand up to that coming? Who can survive his appearance?
He'll be like white-hot fire from the smelter's furnace. He'll be like the strongest lye soap at the laundry. 3He'll take his place as a refiner of silver, as a cleanser of dirty clothes. He'll scrub the Levite priests clean, refine them like gold and silver, until they're fit for GOD, fit to present offerings of righteousness. 4Then, and only then, will Judah and Jerusalem be fit and pleasing to GOD, as they used to be in the years long ago.
5 "Yes, I'm on my way to visit you with Judgment. I'll present compelling evidence against sorcerers, adulterers, liars, those who exploit workers, those who take advantage of widows and orphans, those who are inhospitable to the homeless--anyone and everyone who doesn't honor me." A Message from GOD-of-the-Angel-Armies. 6"I am GOD-yes, I AM. I haven't changed. And because I haven't changed, you, the descendants of Jacob, haven't been destroyed. 7You have a long history of ignoring my commands. You haven't done a thing I've told you. Return to me so I can return to you," says GOD-of-the-Angel-Armies.
"You ask, "But how do we return?' 8"Begin by being honest. Do honest people rob God? But you rob me day after day. "You ask, "How have we robbed you?' "The tithe and the offering--that's how! 9And now you're under a curse--the whole lot of you--because you're robbing me. 10Bring your full tithe to the Temple treasury so there will be ample provisions in my Temple. Test me in this and see if I don't open up heaven itself to you and pour out blessings beyond your wildest dreams. 11For my part, I will defend you against marauders, protect your wheat fields and vegetable gardens against plunderers." The Message of GOD-of-the-Angel-Armies. 12"You'll be voted "Happiest Nation.' You'll experience what it's like to be a country of grace." GOD-of-the-Angel-Armies says so.
13GOD says, "You have spoken hard, rude words to me. "You ask, "When did we ever do that?' 14"When you said, "It doesn't pay to serve God. What do we ever get out of it? When we did what he said and went around with long faces, serious about GOD-of-the-Angel-Armies, what difference did it make? 15Those who take life into their own hands are the lucky ones. They break all the rules and get ahead anyway. They push God to the limit and get by with it.'"
16Then those whose lives honored GOD got together and talked it over. GOD saw what they were doing and listened in. A book was opened in God's presence and minutes were taken of the meeting, with the names of the GOD-fearers written down, all the names of those who honored GOD's name.
17GOD-of-the-Angel-Armies said, "They're mine, all mine. They'll get special treatment when I go into action. I treat them with the same consideration and kindness that parents give the child who honors them. 18Once more you'll see the difference it makes between being a person who does the right thing and one who doesn't, between serving God and not serving him.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum