APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's in common

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: What's in common on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:30 am

cross-eyed

I like that phrase Y'Israel wrote . . ."A live dog beats a dead lion . . ." great quote. I've never heard that one before. Smile

27 Re: What's in common on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:47 am

Y'Israel

cross-eyed wrote:I like that phrase Y'Israel wrote . . ."A live dog beats a dead lion . . ." great quote. I've never heard that one before. Smile

Thanks but I can't take credit for it beloved. It was spoken by a wise man before us.

Ecclesiastes 9:4-5

4 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

28 Re: What's in common on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:58 am

cross-eyed

Wow . . . I can't beleive it's right next to "that" verse. You have no idea how many arguments I've gotten into on Tent about "soul-sleep" because of "that" verse you just coupled with the dog and lion. Of all the times that verse has been quoted at me, the one of the dead lion and live dog had never surfaced.

29 Re: What's in common on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:07 pm

Y'Israel wrote:I guess the simplest way I can put it is that in being dead in Christ, we no longer know neither "good" or "evil". The memory of the dead being forgotten, Christ now risen in us having been freed from the law, we can become all things to all people...

...So when you are seated in this position (death) and humbled, you then serve all.

This is some of the best I've seen in a long time. Welcome, Israel! Scherryl sure put great store in you and was so sad when she wondered if we lost you. I'm so glad you found the forum.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum