APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's in common

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 What's in common on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:58 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
I know that everyone has enough on their plate to think about with all the other subjects on the board, but I would like some thoughts as to what you see in common between two different phrases (in bold) in two different verses.

The first is from Luke 10:33
But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,

The second being Luke 14:10
But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.

would like to hear other thoughts before posting mine.

Rick

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

2 Re: What's in common on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:55 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
scratch scratch Thinking.............

Neither one had a prideful or haughty heart, but thought of someone else before themselves?

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

3 Re: What's in common on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:57 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
As I began to tell Mom about the New topic you posted this morning, and I heard myself repeat the parts that you had highlighted, I said OHHHHHH!! Wait a minute, I don't think that, that was what you were looking for.

What I saw was Jesus, He is the one, who came to where "We" are at,.....He is the One who took the Lowest Place by becoming what we were, and it was "He" who was exalted above all things. Very Happy

Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

4 Re: What's in common on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:24 am

Katie-do

I see becoming from servant to sonship. Humbling yourself to a master and become equal to the Father in sonship.

5 Re: What's in common on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:44 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Good Morning Sis,

Yep, I can see that too.

They both depict The Nature of Christ.

Blessings

6 Re: What's in common on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:39 pm

cross-eyed

the SAMARITAN came to where JESUS was. Samaritan's were considered lowerclass people. Jesus used them a lot in his parables. The "Good" Samaritan . . .I think the woman at the well that Jesus encountered who had five previous husbands, was living with a 6th man but Jesus being her 7th, redeemed her from the previous 6. She was a Samaritan as well I think.

For me EVERY story in Scripture carries the same message. It's as Paul mentioned, it's all about Resurrection, resurrection, resurrection! It's about being barren but then producing life. It's about being empty and then becoming abundantly filled and running over.

When this Samaritan came FROM WHERE THEY WERE "TO" Jesus, it's the same picture as one who is in darkness but then comes into the light.

The instruction to sit in the lowest room and LET yourSELF be elevated by the higher authority in the house . . .same principle of what God's nature does in us once we ALLOW our SELVES to be realigned with his nature IN US.

7 Re: What's in common on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:25 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
cross-eyed wrote:the SAMARITAN came to where JESUS was. Samaritan's were considered lowerclass people. Jesus used them a lot in his parables. The "Good" Samaritan . . .I think the woman at the well that Jesus encountered who had five previous husbands, was living with a 6th man but Jesus being her 7th, redeemed her from the previous 6. She was a Samaritan as well I think.

For me EVERY story in Scripture carries the same message. It's as Paul mentioned, it's all about Resurrection, resurrection, resurrection! It's about being barren but then producing life. It's about being empty and then becoming abundantly filled and running over.

When this Samaritan came FROM WHERE THEY WERE "TO" Jesus, it's the same picture as one who is in darkness but then comes into the light.

The instruction to sit in the lowest room and LET yourSELF be elevated by the higher authority in the house . . .same principle of what God's nature does in us once we ALLOW our SELVES to be realigned with his nature IN US.

Scherryl steps to the plate, here's the pitch, it's agrounder up the middle, she's safe at first.

Another Scherryl steps to the plate, this time it is a double, we now have runners at second and third.

Katie steps to the plate, it's a grouner down the third base line, the third baseman checks the runner and throws to first, the ball is bobbled by the first basemen, safe at first, the bases are loaded.

Nathan steps to the plate, he's a dynamo in these tense situation. Here comes the pitch, Nathan swings .... it's a long fly ball into center field, it's going ..... it's going ..... it,s gone ....... Grand slam home run, way to go Nathan.

What Nathan wrote is where the mark was, not just with the idea of us identifying all things in Christ but it is the realignment.

It is like saying that Nathan shot an arrow at the target, his words here were the arrow, he hit the target dead center bulls eye, but that is not where it ends, it penetrates through the target and the tip of the arrow emerges on the other side of the target, dead center of that bulls eye also.

This is also what I see with 12/21/12, the tip of the arrow may be all we see after that date, but the point is that the outside event is what is seen being done inside of us.

It's like what I said to Nathan one other time, God reveals the result (the revelation) and then lines everything else we understand up with that revelation in order to understand it.

It was not what "is" common between the two that was important, it was seeing beyond what is in common.

Nathan said this in another thread and I think it fits in perfectly here also.

I beleive God gives us the ability to see THROUGH the natural things into the spiritual truths that lie behind them so that when the natural events and experiences happen around us, we aren't distracted by what our natural eyes are seeing or what our bodies are experiencing, but instead, we remain focused on the endless message of resurrection life that calls to all men, all the time.End Quote

And this is what I saw in myself with the event of 9/11, the destruction of the two towers in me, build by the words and understanding of men, the first tower being "pride" and the second tower being "my understanding of God" (at that time).

Outside events, meaning events that happen outside of our body are just reflections of what He is doing in us, it just has to be understood in the context of who God is, LOVE.

Last edited by jugghead on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had to add some more play by play)

8 Re: What's in common on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:03 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Love, Love, Love your play by play analogy Jugg.

I totally missed it, by not going back to read where you were taking it from, I was just going on the two statements you had highlighted.

Luk 10:30 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

This is Himself He was talking about, Duh!!
So the Samaritan did come to Jesus.

He also said:
Mat 25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Mat 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Mat 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
Mat 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Mat 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Excellent Rick and Nathan!!!

9 Re: What's in common on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:25 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
And who is the Samaritan? (Spiritually speaking)

The Father who resurrected Him. The Spirit of Love and Compassion

10 Re: What's in common on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:54 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
jugghead wrote:And who is the Samaritan? (Spiritually speaking)

The Father who resurrected Him. The Spirit of Love and Compassion

WOW Rick, talk about taking a thought, and thinking it all- the- way- through->.

Yes, I am so glad you are here, you help me to see things in a way that I have never seen them before.
Thank you for that Brother. Here's a Holy Kiss! for this!

11 Re: What's in common on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:25 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
Going back to what is in common, it basically is about identifying with another, as in, He became lower than the angels.

He took on the flesh to identify with man and by it could be sympathetic to our temptations of the flesh.

And what I see in the parable of "taking the place of honor" if we look up the definitions of go and sit down in the lowest room, we can see:

fall back to the farthest spot

In in a banquet setting as the one described by Christ, what is the farthest spot? Is it the place at the table farthest from the seat of honor?

I have seen otherwise, the farthest spot is that of the person serving the food to those who were at the banquet. It is the waitress or waiter. And why do they call them "waiters" because that is what they are doing, waiting to be called to the seat of honor.

We are the server of God, not that we serve things to Him, but that we serve Him to others --- we serve Him to others through our flesh which is becoming His body.

He has given us an abundance of love, compassion and forgiveness and it is these things "of Him" that we serve to others.

We are "in" the service of God serving Him to others.

Just some more comments
Rick

12 Re: What's in common on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:43 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
And great thoughts they are Rick.

And in that serving to one another, what does He say?

You have done it unto me. And like Katie mentioned about servanthood, and Sonship, but we never stop being servers to become sons, that happens as "He" invites us to come up hither. It's just like the Priesthood and Kingship, a Priest ministers, and a King Rules.

But do we ever stop ministering to Rule with Christ over the carnal nature, no. As He is so are we in this world.

Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Blessings

13 Re: What's in common on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:22 pm

jugghead wrote:...came where he was:...
...go and sit down in the lowest room;

I totally see this now! Some of the new topics are hard for me to pick up on at first but I sure do appreciate when you all bear with me.

jugghead wrote:...This is also what I see with 12/21/12, the tip of the arrow may be all we see after that date, but the point is that the outside event is what is seen being done inside of us...

...Outside events, meaning events that happen outside of our body are just reflections of what He is doing in us, it just has to be understood in the context of who God is, LOVE.

We’re in this season now. Two weeks away by the calendar. I’m glad people keep mentioning this date because it’s a big subject of discussion in the world, too. Seems like the Mayans, Hopis, and other native americans, and maybe even some others are predicting this date will be host to an event that will be a big game-changer for the planet. All kinds of theories out there, and TPT^3B seem to want to get the people conditioned to expect mayhem.

One of my friends has spent some time with native american shamans in the mountains of northern California and has come out of that experience believing that everybody will be transitioning to a higher energy level around that time and will thus be more in resonance with our Creator. He’s also concerned about solar flares and a polar shift. He’s moved to stock up on food.

Regardless of what vision one has been given as to our near-future prospects, a look at the internet, TV and the movies and even a listen at some of the popular music would paint a fairly grim picture of what tribulation lies ahead. If we look at those things, newspapers and such, we are holding the images that TPT^3B want us to hold in our minds. But why that date? Doesn’t the thought of a particular date set up a dissonance when we examine the idea in the light of Paul’s letter to the Thessalonians?

I don't think, friends, that I need to deal with the question of when all this is going to happen. You know as well as I that the day of the Master's coming can't be posted on our calendars. He won't call ahead and make an appointment any more than a burglar would. About the time everybody's walking around complacently, congratulating each other--"We've sure got it made! Now we can take it easy!"--suddenly everything will fall apart. It's going to come as suddenly and inescapably as birth pangs to a pregnant woman. But friends, you're not in the dark, so how could you be taken off guard by any of this? You're sons of Light, daughters of Day. We live under wide open skies and know where we stand. So let's not sleepwalk through life like those others. Let's keep our eyes open and be smart. People sleep at night and get drunk at night. But not us! Since we're creatures of Day, let's act like it. Walk out into the daylight sober, dressed up in faith, love, and the hope of salvation. God didn't set us up for an angry rejection but for salvation by our Master, Jesus Christ. He died for us, a death that triggered life. Whether we're awake with the living or asleep with the dead, we're alive with him! So speak encouraging words to one another. Build up hope so you'll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind. I know you're already doing this; just keep on doing it. And now, friends, we ask you to honor those leaders who work so hard for you, who have been given the responsibility of urging and guiding you along in your obedience. Overwhelm them with appreciation and love! Get along among yourselves, each of you doing your part. Our counsel is that you warn the freeloaders to get a move on. Gently encourage the stragglers, and reach out for the exhausted, pulling them to their feet. Be patient with each person, attentive to individual needs. And be careful that when you get on each other's nerves you don't snap at each other. Look for the best in each other, and always do your best to bring it out. Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live. Don't suppress the Spirit, and don't stifle those who have a word from the Master. On the other hand, don't be gullible. Check out everything, and keep only what's good. Throw out anything tainted with evil. May God himself, the God who makes everything holy and whole, make you holy and whole, put you together--spirit, soul, and body--and keep you fit for the coming of our Master, Jesus Christ. The One who called you is completely dependable. If he said it, he'll do it! Friends, keep up your prayers for us. Greet all the Christians there with a holy embrace. And make sure this letter gets read to all the brothers and sisters. Don't leave anyone out. The amazing grace of Jesus Christ be with you!
(1Th 5:1-28 MSG)

If people are looking toward 12/21/12 as the day they must fly into action (“Everybody look busy, Jesus is coming!”), sure wouldn't put it past Him to show up on the 19th just to see who’s awake. Or, as is His nature, He might delay judgment to give more an opportunity to get with the Spirit. And maybe still there is no showdown, that the entire transformation happens within us internally and we are the only ones who get to experience and enjoy it. But when love and forgiveness abound it is difficult to think that others won’t come over, too. Could we be set up to anticipate a date--and a visible event where the polarity in the world is fully manifest--where in truth the time is now, and it’s that invisible kingdom so detested in Christ’s day that still prevails today? It's that same kingdom in Christ Who goes about His business of piercing division. Just with more subjects living in it. And in all of us is developing a better understanding of Who God Is. That we might exist in true relationship in Him. That we might hear His voice. That our faith in Him might be increased. That those who witness this relationship might desire to be drawn in as well.

One thing that I notice is when Paul says "pray without ceasing," I think he is introducing us to the idea that we do pray all the time, whether we mean to or not. It is in our words--and even our thoughts--that we begin to influence those changes which are taking place in the world around us.

14 Re: What's in common on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:29 pm

cross-eyed

Absolutely to everything you just stated here, Dave. I'm also glad you posted that Scripture. It's another one of those where it's in my spirit and then the Scripture manifests the same thing, confirming what's already in my spirit.

I was always in wonderment about the appearance of Scriptural contrast. Like . . .we're supposed to love our enemies, but God's going to destroy all of his. Not realizing that his enemies aren't people, but powers . . .carnality . . .death . . .

But another one is the passage that tells us not to worry about what tomorrow brings. The birds of the air, the flowers of the field, neither toil or spin but God takes care of them. Yet, we're also told that we should prepare for a holocaust and Israel is going to trigger one last world war before armagedon breaks out . . .fear, fear and be very afraid.
Not to mention the rebuilding of the temple and starting up of animal sacrifices all over again, which is a whole other can of worms.

I've always tongue-and-cheeked the 12/21/12 thing for reasons already shared as well as . . . are we really going to base the future of the world's existence on an obsolete pagan mythological belief system? How does that line up with the faith in God?

Even traditional Christians will tell you no man knows the day or hour, but I no longer agree with the entire preface of that particular claim or the passage taken out of context thats used to support it.

For me, the bottom line is I have the same claim as the boys with Daniel pertaining to being thrown into the fire . . .I know God is able to deliver us from any situation that presents itself. But even if he doesn't . . . it won't alter my faith in him in my life.

I personally don't think anything will come of this particular date anymore than Y2K had any affect . . .or anymore than the claim . . .and the book that was sent out to warn the world "88 Reasons Why Jesus will return in 1988" panned out in the same manner. But on the other hand, should I be wrong in my assumptions, it won't affect my relationship with teh Father either way.

15 Re: What's in common on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:31 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Amen, Amen, Nathan!!!!

16 Re: What's in common on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:27 pm

cross-eyed wrote:For me, the bottom line is I have the same claim as the boys with Daniel pertaining to being thrown into the fire . . .I know God is able to deliver us from any situation that presents itself. But even if he doesn't . . . it won't alter my faith in him in my life.

My cousin Drew and Heather seem to be thus prepared as well, and I can't wait to see the joy He pours into those vessels, as he has so roundly increased their capacity for appreciating it.

Can you imagine why the Wapsi is in this story too, Nathan?

17 Re: What's in common on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Y'Israel

jugghead wrote:I know that everyone has enough on their plate to think about with all the other subjects on the board, but I would like some thoughts as to what you see in common between two different phrases (in bold) in two different verses.

The first is from Luke 10:33
But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,

The second being Luke 14:10
But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.

would like to hear other thoughts before posting mine.

Rick

1 Corinthians 9:16-23

16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.

19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

18 Re: What's in common on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:45 pm

Y'Israel

2 Corinthians 10:1-7

10 Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, who in presence am base among you, but being absent am bold toward you:

2 But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh.

3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

7 Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? if any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.

19 Re: What's in common on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:57 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
Y'Israel wrote:2 Corinthians 10:1-7

10 Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, who in presence am base among you, but being absent am bold toward you:

2 But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh.

3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

7 Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? if any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.

May I ask for an answer in laymen s terms, for your understanding of these verses may differ from mine

20 Re: What's in common on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:26 pm

Y'Israel

I guess the simplest way I can put it is that in being dead in Christ, we no longer know neither "good" or "evil". The memory of the dead being forgotten, Christ now risen in us having been freed from the law, we can become all things to all people.

There is no Jew or Greek in the grave, therefore neither has power over me, however being freed from these imaginations based upon appearances, I may "walk in their shoes" so to speak.

I am not a muslim, but I can understand and relate to it.

I an not a homosexual but by placing myself in that position, I can again understand and relate to it.

These are just some of the examples of becoming all things to all men, only made possible by seating yourself in the lowest room.

You cannot get any lower than death as the bible states that even a live dog beats a dead lion.

So when you are seated in this position (death) and humbled, you then serve all.

21 Re: What's in common on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:04 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Welcome back Israel

22 Re: What's in common on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:10 pm

Y'Israel

Scherryl wrote:
Welcome back Israel

THANK YOU BELOVED!

23 Re: What's in common on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:08 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
Y'Israel wrote:I guess the simplest way I can put it is that in being dead in Christ, we no longer know neither "good" or "evil". The memory of the dead being forgotten, Christ now risen in us having been freed from the law, we can become all things to all people.

There is no Jew or Greek in the grave, therefore neither has power over me, however being freed from these imaginations based upon appearances, I may "walk in their shoes" so to speak.

I am not a muslim, but I can understand and relate to it.

I an not a homosexual but by placing myself in that position, I can again understand and relate to it.

These are just some of the examples of becoming all things to all men, only made possible by seating yourself in the lowest room.

You cannot get any lower than death as the bible states that even a live dog beats a dead lion.

So when you are seated in this position (death) and humbled, you then serve all.

Very well said

the only reason I asked for layman's terms is that when people quote Scripture, it throws up a red flag for me, because I need to understand where they are coming from in their understanding of what Scripture they quote before I say anything, and that is because I do not want to make a mistake and misinterpret their intention of quoting it.

Which is what we are talking about here, being put in the same place as the other.

And good to hear from you again

Brother Jugg

24 Re: What's in common on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:44 pm

cross-eyed

I agree with you Jugghead. I ran into that a lot over on Tent and you could tell that the person posting there had a completely different perspective of the passage they were posting than how I read it.

And as I read Y'Israel's post, Genesis popped up yet again for me. When you say it's not about who is right or wrong . . .that's the tree of knowledge manifesting all over again. And I whole-heartedly agree. It's NOT about who's wrong or right . . .it's about who is ONE! Being one with each other is not about being in agreement. But it's more about being in submission one to another, yes?

And that takes a contrite spirit. But we can't manifest that on our own power. We merely LET Christ manifest his nature through us. By our fruits others will KNOW. My fruit is the extension of my being. In him, I live and move and have MY being!

25 Re: What's in common on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:01 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Beautifully put Nathan, thank you, for being you.
And keeping this place, open, honest, and real.

You have no idea, of how that was perfectly timed, Sad
Ok, gotta go now, dry my eyes.

I love you Nathan, and appreciate you so much.

Blessings

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum