APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

"What on earth, was Jacob doing?"

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 "What on earth, was Jacob doing?" on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:45 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Good Morning Everyone,

Since we have been on the subject of cattle, sheep and goats, I thought this was a good place to introduce a story that, "To me", is one of "the most" awesome "hidden treasures" in scriptures that reveals Christ and The Finished work.

I'm specifically talking about Gen. 30: vs.28-43.
And when I say hidden, I mean "REALLY" hidden, is anyone up for a Dig? Very Happy

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

2 Re: "What on earth, was Jacob doing?" on Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:19 pm

LindaY

Scherryl wrote:Good Morning Everyone,

Since we have been on the subject of cattle, sheep and goats, I thought this was a good place to introduce a story that, "To me", is one of "the most" awesome "hidden treasures" in scriptures that reveals Christ and The Finished work.

I'm specifically talking about Gen. 30: vs.28-43.
And when I say hidden, I mean "REALLY" hidden, is anyone up for a Dig? Very Happy

Blessings

My ears are open. Smile

3 Re: "What on earth, was Jacob doing?" on Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:11 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Linda!!!! Welcome back Sister.

I was so shocked Shocked to see that name on here when I woke up from my nap, Praise God. cheers cheers

I hope things are better for you.

As far as the topic goes, I always like to hear what ya'll see in it first before posting. I like to give room for the Spirit to Reveal, before I go adding my thoughts on it.

Again so glad to see you back.

Blessings Very Happy

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

4 Re: "What on earth, was Jacob doing?" on Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:25 pm

LindaY

Thanks! I read here a good bit from time to time. I'm in the process of moving so I've been trying to get things packed and it's been keeping me busy. I'll just continue reading for now.

Blessings to you! Very Happy

5 Re: "What on earth, was Jacob doing?" on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:43 am

I wonder if most of what I'm seeing in this is how much a blessing it is to hear the voice of the Lord directly. Jacob was cunning, and we don't hear the full story here, but I remember after this when he got his new name Israel that he learned a lot about the Sovereignty of the God of his fathers. I'm thinking that for us no matter what we have need for that our Creator will provide it for us and that it is our privilege and pleasure (joy, as it were) to hear from Him in the proper time that we should choose the blemished sheep, or the broken wagon, or the tumble-down shack, or the damaged goods we may offered by another who we love. Everything in good time, and only He knows that time, yet He is willing to share what He knows with us!

6 Posted by Jugghead on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:35 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
OK, going back to the beginning with the question of, why much cattle and tying it together with what was Jacob thinking.

Here is a start, when I looked up the definition of the word "rod" in Gen 30:40 as I read it, immediately when I read the words stick (with leaves on it) the picture of Palm branches came to mind and then Christ riding into Jerusalem the last week of His physical life.

Then as I started to think about it more and more, I saw the rod (wood) with stripes on it as the crucifixion and then the revealing of the white as the resurrection and the revealing of Himself to others after the resurrection.

I saw the mating of the animals as a point of conception, the bringing together of two into one, which I saw as the baptism of Christ and Him being joined with the Spirit and that the trough of water is a representation of the Spirit that was sent to us to drink from after the ascension.

The peeling of the bark in stripes is a picture of His death, the shedding of the flesh and then the revealing of Himself to others.

I first saw the "rod" as the cross, but we are not to focus our attention on the death of Christ, I believe more so on the resurrection and as Scherryl pointed out to me in a PM, the "rod" being Christ, as the wood, is the Tree of Life.

I found it phenomenal that there was so much in so little, it reminds me of what Nathan once said, that we can see the whole in one revelation.

Thank you for stirring this up Scherryl, I hope more is to come.

Rick

Also wanted to add that I also saw Aaron's staff

7 Re: "What on earth, was Jacob doing?" on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:44 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Isa 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

Rick's reply and what the Lord showed him is very close to what I've seen also, and I couldn't be more happy for you Jugg. God is so Good..

I will write what I see in Blue.

Gen 30:27 And Laban said unto him, I pray thee, if I have found favour in thine eyes, tarry: for I have learned by experience that the LORD hath blessed me for thy sake. Jacob's Faith even caused those around him to be blessed.
Gen 30:28 And he said, Appoint me thy wages, and I will give it. I don't believe Laban had any intention of letting Jacob have anything when he left, you'll see why here in a minute.
Gen 30:29 And he said unto him, Thou knowest how I have served thee, and how thy cattle was with me.
Gen 30:30 For it was little which thou hadst before I came, and it is now increased unto a multitude; and the LORD hath blessed thee since my coming: and now when shall I provide for mine own house also?
Gen 30:31 And he said, What shall I give thee? And Jacob said, Thou shalt not give me any thing: if thou wilt do this thing for me, I will again feed and keep thy flock:
Gen 30:32 I will pass through all thy flock to day, removing from thence all the speckled and spotted cattle, and all the brown cattle among the sheep, and the spotted and speckled among the goats: and of such shall be my hire.
Gen 30:33 So shall my righteousness answer for me in time to come, when it shall come for my hire before thy face: every one that is not speckled and spotted among the goats, and brown among the sheep, that shall be counted stolen with me.

Ok, at first glance you will see Jacob making the deal that he would remove all of the speckled and spotted and brown from the flock, for his hire or his own to work with for his own family, and at the end of this time when he would collect his wages for tending to the flock of Laban, if any were "NOT" this way, if they were (black and White) Laban could say they were stolen. Sounds fair enough right? The first thing I thought was these speckled and spotted ones were of a lesser breed, because of the Lamb without spot or blemish, or those that feed with us, that are spots in our feast of charity. But again that is not so.
Gen 30:34 And Laban said, Behold, I would it might be according to thy word. Now you see right here Laban agrees with Jacob to the deal.
Gen 30:35 And he(Laban) removed that day the he goats that were ringstraked and spotted, and all the she goats that were speckled and spotted, and every one that had some white in it, and all the brown among the sheep, and gave them into the hand of his sons. This is Laban's son's. Now I ask you, who is being conniving here? Laban gave Jacob ONLY the black and white to tend to, just in case later on, Jacob could claim they were his. This is the part that goes unnoticed by most, and that I said is very hidden. Jacob never got the chance to go through the flock to remove those for himself, Laban did and gave them to his son's before Jacob had the chance to. So now, to produce those kind of sheep, goats, and cattle from just black and white is even more of a miracle than we first see on the surface.
Gen 30:36 And he set three days' journey betwixt himself and Jacob: and Jacob fed the rest of Laban's flocks. Keep in mind these were only Black and White that were left.
Gen 30:37 And Jacob took him rods of green poplar, Green is symbolic for Life and means moist, fresh, and the rods means, to germinate, to shoot, and also means as jugghead pointed out, a stick with leaves on it. immediately, The Tree of Life (Christ, comes into the scene). and of the hazel and chesnut tree; and pilled white strakes in them, and made the white appear which was in the rods. White is symbolic for The Righteousness of Christ.
Gen 30:38 And he set the rods which he had pilled before the flocks in the gutters in the watering troughs when the flocks came to drink, that they should conceive when they came to drink. This is exactly what happens when we drink from Him also, we conceive seed.
Gen 30:39 And the flocks conceived before the rods, and brought forth cattle ringstraked, speckled, and spotted.
Gen 30:40 And Jacob did separate the lambs, and set the faces of the flocks toward the ringstraked, and all the brown in the flock of Laban; and he put his own flocks by themselves, and put them not unto Laban's cattle. Now this is interesting indeed to me. Notice Jacob allowed them to look upon the flock of Laban, but not be a part of them, they were separated from them, sound familiar? I hear in my ear, come out from among them and be ye separate, saith the Lord.....
Gen 30:41 And it came to pass, whensoever the stronger cattle did conceive,This word is to be Hot, or be in heat. that Jacob laid the rods before the eyes of the cattle in the gutters, that they might conceive among the rods. So they would conceive more, ever producing.
Gen 30:42 But when the cattle were feeble, he put them not in: so the feebler were Laban's, and the stronger Jacob's.
Gen 30:43 And the man increased exceedingly, and had much cattle, and maidservants, and menservants, and camels, and asses.

Now the point to all of this is, that Jacob saw by faith The Christ, such as Abraham had when he offered up Isaac, and as Isaac saw by faith the Christ when he could not see in this world because he had become blind, crossed his hand and gave the blessings to Jacob instead of Esau. Only through faith could Jacob have seen this of the Christ and The Righteousness of Him, that caused increase and acted it out accordingly.

When Jacob only had The Black and White to produce his wages by, that's all it takes if you see the Christ, as the Black (the old nature crucified) and The White (The new Nature) on that Cross. This was Jugghead's insight last night and I thought it was brilliant!!

This is true faith, seeing The Christ and the Finished work.

Blessings

8 Re: "What on earth, was Jacob doing?" on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:20 am

LindaY

This was awesome! I never saw it this way before. It always seemed as if Jacob was being deceptive to me when I would read this but, how wrong I was. Great study Scherryl. cheers Smile

9 Re: "What on earth, was Jacob doing?" on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:22 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Thank you Linda, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Your not alone most everyone see's it that way, I did too
for a long time.

All Praise to Him cheers

Blessings

10 Re: "What on earth, was Jacob doing?" on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:49 am

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
This is a perfect example of Jacob's faith, that God would produce speckled and striped from those that have a solid color.

And when we think about it, we are only looking at the outside when it comes to the solid color, Laban was a perfect example of the way the world thinks, judging by what is on the outside not the inside.

and on a lighter note, the kitty grows bigger as we each add our two cents.

Rick

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

11 Re: "What on earth, was Jacob doing?" on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:56 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
jugghead wrote:This is a perfect example of Jacob's faith, that God would produce speckled and striped from those that have a solid color.

And when we think about it, we are only looking at the outside when it comes to the solid color, Laban was a perfect example of the way the world thinks, judging by what is on the outside not the inside.

and on a lighter note, the kitty grows bigger as we each add our two cents.

Rick

Boy Rick!! That is so true,..... so true. Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum