APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Absence

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Absence on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:43 pm

cross-eyed

I thought I'd drop by and apologize for my lack of engagement on the board lately. There are several factors that have caused the disappearance, some you may relate to, some maybe not so much.

I found this while I was on Tentmaker as well, it would begin around October and carry through December before I would gravitate once again to the conversations at hand. I didn't mean for it to go that way, it just does that. Being an avid deer hunter, I think it's mostly due to the fact that my attention gets averted toward hunting accessories and videos and my conversations tend to lean more toward the big one that never came into range than whether Genesis 2 came before Genesis 1. Smile

But this year, there has been an added distraction. As I was feeding the hunting obsession, actually, it isn't as bad as that. I do hunt when I can, but because I work so many hours, the hunting takes a back seat. But about two weeks ago, I was moving a deer stand from one tree to another and I fastened to the tree and climbed in it to test it . . .only to learn the straps were no longer sufficient to hold the stand in the tree with me in it.

The strap gave way and promptly dumped me out and sent me free-falling around 15 feet before I was rudely introduced to the ground. In just a couple weeks leading up to this, there were two individuals on separate occasions fell out of their deerstands to their deaths. Both were mere miles from where we live.

The good news is, no bones were broken, to my knowledge . . .but the bad news is, it messed up my right foot and I've been hobbling around trying to keep the workload that I had previous to the fall without damaging the foot any worse than what it is. Some days are great, others are . . .not so great.

So things have been a bit crazy in my neck of the woods but I do drop in from time to time and see whose been out and about.

Just keep us in your prayers . . . ya never know what I'll expose myself to next!!

2 Re: Absence on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:55 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Hi Nathan, yes you have been missed.

I am so sorry about your fall, I will most definitely keep you in my prayers, for a speedy recovery.

But your not the only one, it seems everyone has been absent here lately, just me and Jugghead, David, and sometimes Jeremy are still here.

But welcome back Very Happy

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

3 Re: Absence on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:48 am

Nathan, I AM sorry! I know that one. My ankle dropped sideways under load and I was hobbling for weeks. This all lead up to one of my great regrets in life: I didn't dance at my friend's wedding. I hope you might be educated by my error.

4 Re: Absence on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:31 am

cross-eyed

I couldn't dance when both feet were healthy anyway. Rhythm and I seem to always be at opposite ends.

5 Re: Absence on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:36 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Oh, how I've missed that Humor Nathan.

I love you Brother

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

6 Re: Absence on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:21 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
Yep, I broke my foot taking one step out of my truck a year and a half ago, thought the ground was only a foot below me, but the pot hole was deeper.

Here is a lesson we can learn from Nathan's incident

Never trust what is man made to support you

And I am sure everyone gets the spiritual meaning of that

Rick (I am a jugghead at times, aka I have blonde moments)

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

7 Re: Absence on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:03 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Yeah, But your our Jugghead and we love you sooooo much I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

8 Re: Absence on Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:21 pm

LindaY

Sorry to hear of your fall Nathan. Your comments here are missed and I hope you are well soon. Very Happy

9 Re: Absence on Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:22 pm

LindaY

Oh yea, I'm still here sis. I guess you see that by now anyway. LOL. I guess I've been "chewing" on some stuff quite a bit lately.

10 Re: Absence on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:22 am

LindaY wrote:Oh yea, I'm still here sis. I guess you see that by now anyway. LOL. I guess I've been "chewing" on some stuff quite a bit lately.

That must mean you've gotten into some of the milk and meat threads, then! Very Happy

My twist and shout came about when I was about 700' underground. Came down off of a rock that did (rock is what it did) and when it did my foot went sideways to the floor of the cave and to my leg. Nothing man-made there except the rope climbing equipment which got me back up to the surface. It was still a three mile hike to camp. But do you know I will still explore a nature-made cave but avoid a man-made mine. That's just me. I think the lesson from the torn ligaments in my case was never trust in myself.

11 Re: Absence on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:54 pm

LindaY

That must mean you've gotten into some of the milk and meat threads, then!

That would be correct David! Very Happy

My twist and shout came about when I was about 700' underground. Came down off of a rock that did (rock is what it did) and when it did my foot went sideways to the floor of the cave and to my leg. Nothing man-made there except the rope climbing equipment which got me back up to the surface. It was still a three mile hike to camp. But do you know I will still explore a nature-made cave but avoid a man-made mine. That's just me. I think the lesson from the torn ligaments in my case was never trust in myself.

Yeah, I can understand this! Mine or mind? I have been learning for awhile now not to trust in myself. My thinking I was in control of anything is what got me in this place to begin with.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum