APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Question on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:08 pm

Very Happy

And look, we will not hesitate to throw ourselves between a predator and our charge. Nor will we allow them to suffer for want. It's all from God, after all. But can we love and nourish and sustain as effectively if we are ever vigilant for lions?

27 Re: Question on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:58 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Excellent point my Brother.

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

28 Re: Question on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:52 pm

Beckie

Hello David, Thank you for responding to my question. I am sorry if it was confusing, I had just never heard that term before. Scherryl and I talked earlier and she explained it to me. I was just touched as seeing it His Word being Milk expressed into us (as the bucket or His vessel.) Hope you can understand. I really love the conversation also about the butter. How precious to be in such close relationship with Him than to partake butter with Him who is our Bread.

29 Re: Question on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:33 am

Beckie wrote:I was just touched as seeing it His Word being Milk expressed into us (as the bucket or His vessel.) Hope you can understand. I really love the conversation also about the butter. How precious to be in such close relationship with Him than to partake butter with Him who is our Bread.

I hadn't even seen that part! That's got to be part of what makes it all so attractive.

Do you know that goat milk doesn't produce butter like cow milk? You can do it, but with much labor. However, this time of year the goat milk is getting so creamy I think all that has changed now. We'll try churning some today. Very Happy

30 Re: Question on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:14 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
How exciting David.

You know I gotta say when reading the differences on that site between the sheep and the goats, I told Mom I got the feeling as I read the behavior patterns of both, I wondered if we, the called out ones are the goats.

Not only does it say that goats are more independent than sheep, and don't feel the need to flock together as much as sheep do, but their eating habits, are more in line with us here too.

sheep like to eat grass and graze closer to the soil, where goats will raise up on their hind legs to reach fruit and vegetation in a tree. I don't know if anyone else can see the spiritual aspects of these things, but I do.

The secular church are the one's who like to flock, more than us here on this board, don't you think? And I see us as more of independent thinkers, than stuck to strictly doctrine as they do. Can ya'll see this?

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

31 Re: Question on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:59 am

DavidHarreld wrote:Yes, and aren't we cautioned to be sheep rather than goats?...

Do you mean to tell me that I have had this all wrong, all along, too?!!!

Twisted Evil

I'm loving this for sure!

32 Re: Question on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:21 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
DavidHarreld wrote:
DavidHarreld wrote:Yes, and aren't we cautioned to be sheep rather than goats?...

Twisted Evil

Oh, I wouldn't go that far as to say that, because there is a specific portion of scripture in the Gospels where Jesus talks about them. But.....Could our perception of what He is truly talking about be a miss, you bet ya. LOL!

And isn't that usually the case when The Holy Spirit turns on the Lights? We pause with a gaze, and then place the right hand on the forehead (with force)>LOL, and go.....Man, why didn't I see that before?

So it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

33 Re: Question on Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:05 pm

LindaY

Interesting article David, along with all the comments from everyone. Smile

34 Re: Question on Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:52 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
DavidHarreld wrote:

Twisted Evil

Are we cautioned "to be" sheep or are we cautioned "as" sheep?

What I mean by that is: do we let any shepherd "of the world" guide us or is it the One True Shepherd, Christ?

Where are our roots?

Rick

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

35 Re: Question on Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:59 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
There's that "out-of-the-box" thinking, that I have come to appreciate so much. Very Happy

Good question indeed!!

Blessings

36 Re: Question on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:26 am

jugghead wrote:Where are our roots?

In the garden?

37 Re: Question on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:18 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Spoiler alert!!!! Way before that. Prov.8 Smile

Blessings

38 Re: Question on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:32 am

I was right there with him, making sure everything fit. Day after day I was there, with my joyful applause, always enjoying his company, Delighted with the world of things and creatures, happily celebrating the human family. "So, my dear friends, listen carefully; those who embrace these my ways are most blessed. Mark a life of discipline and live wisely; don't squander your precious life. Blessed the man, blessed the woman, who listens to me, awake and ready for me each morning, alert and responsive as I start my day's work. When you find me, you find life, real life, to say nothing of GOD's good pleasure. But if you wrong me, you damage your very soul; when you reject me, you're flirting with death."
(Pro 8:30-36 MSG)

Yes! But our roots. Don't they go into the soil? I'm wondering if roots come later. Foundations, too. They both seem to suggest contact with the ground. What were we before that, or Who were we In and Who doted on us after we were formed?

39 Re: Question on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:44 am

Scherryl wrote:Ya'll ever get the feeling that we're the only three left on here? LOL

I hold great reverence for this number.

40 Re: Question on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:48 am

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
DavidHarreld wrote:
jugghead wrote:Where are our roots?

In the garden?

You said it yourself earlier, our roots are in the meat which is Christ Himself, which is what I think Scherryl is referring too with way before that.

41 Re: Question on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:26 pm

Beckie

David wrote:
Do you know that goat milk doesn't produce butter like cow milk? You can do it, but with much labor. However, this time of year the goat milk is getting so creamy I think all that has changed now. We'll try churning some today.

Wow! No David I did not know this about the goat milk. Does feta cheese come from goat milk? I love feta cheese, we use to drive to Beaumont to get it from Schlotzsky's Deli before they put it in the grocery stores. I really hope your churning came out good.

Scherryl I really enjoyed your site teaching on some of the differences between the goats and sheep. What I saw in these different eating behaviors were symbolic of our eating of Him and His Word. In the sheep who eat with their heads lowered I see a picture of us in our study and prayer time. Partaking in the logos chewing and digesting the written Word of God. Then I also see as the goat raises up to eat and partake of the tree, leaves and maybe even the fruit (I don't know if goats eat fruit) but I still see the rhema word coming forth. As we eat of Him logos and yeild to the Holy Spirit and lift up Jesus in our hearts and He feeds us His rhema I can see the two feeding together. I hope what I am saying is understandable. Let me know. rendeer I really am enjoying this fellowship.

42 Re: Question on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:36 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Beckie wrote:David wrote:
Do you know that goat milk doesn't produce butter like cow milk? You can do it, but with much labor. However, this time of year the goat milk is getting so creamy I think all that has changed now. We'll try churning some today.

Wow! No David I did not know this about the goat milk. Does feta cheese come from goat milk? I love feta cheese, we use to drive to Beaumont to get it from Schlotzsky's Deli before they put it in the grocery stores. I really hope your churning came out good.

Scherryl I really enjoyed your site teaching on some of the differences between the goats and sheep. What I saw in these different eating behaviors were symbolic of our eating of Him and His Word. In the sheep who eat with their heads lowered I see a picture of us in our study and prayer time. Partaking in the logos chewing and digesting the written Word of God. Then I also see as the goat raises up to eat and partake of the tree, leaves and maybe even the fruit (I don't know if goats eat fruit) but I still see the rhema word coming forth. As we eat of Him logos and yeild to the Holy Spirit and lift up Jesus in our hearts and He feeds us His rhema I can see the two feeding together. I hope what I am saying is understandable. Let me know. rendeer I really am enjoying this fellowship.

Hey Sis, LOL, I understand it perfectly. And you know what, that might even be better than what I was seeing.

I was seeing them separate, Embarassed shame on me. But they do feed together. Just differently, but from the same source. Very Good Beckie. And thank you for reminding me, that we are not apart from the Church in the Long run. It just seems that way now, because of Religion.

I guess them scars are still tender and slow in healing, but there coming alone nicely, thanks to all of you here.

Blessings, I love you

43 Re: Question on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:50 pm

Goats LOVE fruit!

44 Re: Question on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:06 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
OK, going back to the beginning with the question of, why much cattle and tying it together with what was Jacob thinking.

Here is a start, when I looked up the definition of the word "rod" in Gen 30:40 as I read it, immediately when I read the words stick (with leaves on it) the picture of Palm branches came to mind and then Christ riding into Jerusalem the last week of His physical life.

Then as I started to think about it more and more, I saw the rod (wood) with stripes on it as the crucifixion and then the revealing of the white as the resurrection and the revealing of Himself to others after the resurrection.

I saw the mating of the animals as a point of conception, the bringing together of two into one, which I saw as the baptism of Christ and Him being joined with the Spirit and that the trough of water is a representation of the Spirit that was sent to us to drink from after the ascension.

The peeling of the bark in stripes is a picture of His death, the shedding of the flesh and then the revealing of Himself to others.

I first saw the "rod" as the cross, but we are not to focus our attention on the death of Christ, I believe more so on the resurrection and as Scherryl pointed out to me in a PM, the "rod" being Christ, as the wood, is the Tree of Life.

I found it phenomenal that there was so much in so little, it reminds me of what Nathan once said, that we can see the whole in one revelation.

Thank you for stirring this up Scherryl, I hope more is to come.

Rick

Also wanted to add that I also saw Aaron's staff

Last edited by jugghead on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added thought)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum