APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Question on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:12 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Have you ever noticed that the Great men of God such as Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, etc...in scripture, are always known for having much cattle, sheep, goats?

Any thoughts on, why you'll be reading along and all of a sudden almost like out of context, it'll say and he had much cattle?

Blessings Smile

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

2 Re: Question on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:22 am

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
Scherryl wrote:Have you ever noticed that the Great men of God such as Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, etc...in scripture, are always known for having much cattle, sheep, goats?

Any thoughts on, why you'll be reading along and all of a sudden almost like out of context, it'll say and he had much cattle?

Blessings Smile

I am not sure if what I am about to say goes goes along with this, but it feels right in my heart.

I see cattle as "that which is being prepared for slaughter" and what I am about to say is what I was led to just this morning.

When we read these words of Christ, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised," (Luke 4:18), the word "anointed" here means to consecrate to an office or religious service which the word "consecrate" means to set apart in the service of God.It is by coming to this understanding that we can see that Christ was set apart in the service of God, as are we when we are anointed of God.

What was He set apart to do? He was set apart to preach; and what was He set apart to preach? He was set apart to preach the gospel. Here is where I believe that the shadiness of our lack of understanding comes in. Why do I say this? Simply because of the translation, and what I mean by that is the translation of the words "good news" into the one word of "gospel". And what I am getting at here is, when we read the word gospel, it should be understood as "good news", and when this is understood we can come to the conclusion that Christ was set apart to preach good news. No where is it implied here that the good news He is to preach is a warning. Where I believe the confusion is in all of this is, we are to understand the warnings that Christ speaks about are to be taken within the context of "not preaching good news". And what I mean by that is, if we are not preaching "good news" the warnings that Christ gives us will be the results of not preaching good news.

This is where the confusion is in the churches of today, With Christ, He first preached good news, the good news of forgiveness, as did the apostle Paul. The church has combined the warnings and the good news into one that comes from themselves toward others, where as when Christ spoke, the warnings were applied to the person who is not preaching good news. It is by coming to this understanding, we understand that the church has been called and anointed to the office of preaching good news to others and the warnings are to be applied to the church, not the people we are preaching good news to.

I see the church is those who lead others to slaughter, but that is part of the process He puts us through. And as for sheep, they just wander not thinking about their surroundings. The "much cattle" I believe is the thoughts of the carnal mind that are to be slaughter.

I am not sure this is what you had in mind when you asked this question, but this is what I have come to understand.

Rick

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

3 Re: Question on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:10 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Not exactly.....I like what you said about the Good News though. And that for the most part the church as a whole is not hearing the God News at all, but another message entirely.

I will say this about the cattle that I have come to understand. Here's a Hint.

It gives Milk, Butter, and Meat.
Depending on how one processes it, and how long one is willing to "Chew" on something.

Remember these are Great men of Faith who OWN cattle etc. and they all have the same things in common. Very Happy

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

4 Re: Question on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:58 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Ya'll ever get the feeling that we're the only three left on here? LOL

5 Re: Question on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:23 pm

Scherryl wrote:I will say this about the cattle that I have come to understand. Here's a Hint.

It gives Milk, Butter, and Meat.
Depending on how one processes it, and how long one is willing to "Chew" on something.

Remember these are Great men of Faith who OWN cattle etc. and they all have the same things in common. Very Happy

Blessings

The cattle, sheep and goats are all ruminents. They are all good for milking and eating and they all chew their food after they complete their foraging. They represent wealth--and food--that walks!

The land belongs to its Creator, and the firstfruits thereof, but isn't the increase in livestock and crops what we truly OWN?

Animal husbandry teaches great men, and not-so-great men (I will tell you this) much pursuant to our understanding of God. And it is this understanding that builds our relationship with Him. I treasure my time with animals. And please don't minimize the value of milk wherever you're going with this!

Case in point, here is something that I wrote of the experience but haven't done anything with. I just read it and realized how much our relationship with our animals reflects our Shepherd's relationship with us.

The best types of milk goats are the ones that you have. Love them.

Milking
Distribute the feed as needed for the morning or evening move. It is good to milk twice a day about 12 hours apart, but I find it most pleasant if I am milking my first nanny at sunrise and the last at sunset.

Move the does in from the field if they aren't in already. Let them eat. Prepare the milking station with alfalfa, wet cob, and treats such as fruits or vegetables. These will divert the doe's attention while you are prepping and milking her. Lead her to the milking station. If she wishes to take some detours along the way then deal with that. Love her up. These detours--and even before hooking her up to her leash--are good opportunities for grooming her topside and looking for any conditions and changes to be alert to. This is also a good time to tell her how beautiful she is. Indeed she is beautiful, especially since you've rid her of all of the trail dust and gotten all those little stickers and thistles out of her fur. She may be all business, though. We have one doe that makes a mad dash for the milking station as soon as I let her in from the field.

When she hops onto her milking stand and begins to explore the delicacies you have already prepared there for her, this is the time to inspect her all around including the underside, taking care to brush any foreign debris off of her sides, tail, insides of legs, belly and udders. After a complete inspection, squeeze off a squirt from each teat into the trees to clear any old milk. Any old hound dog or cat should be happy to assist with the cleanup.

Now it's time to grab that bucket and go to work right? Wait a minute, how is your girl doing up front? You already know she's doing well back here. Check on her. I'm sure she's gone through all those goodies by now and is ready for a reward. Don't overdo it on the grain. No more than a cup over the entire day. Make sure she's doing okay and content. After all, she is working for you. Now grab that bucket and sit down and begin milking. Squeeze off a handfull of milk in her teat and express it into the bucket. It's real simple. Just squeeze a bit with your thumb and forefinger to hold the milk in the teat and use your other fingers to squirt it into the bucket. Gently, always, and always take care to finish her gently. Resist the temptation to rush at the end. Remember that you never want to pull on her teat. Your broad shoulders support her: you are never hanging on her. Massage the milk down from the udder into the teat and continue until the udder is "stripped" of all of its milk. Do you need to take a break from milking? Well, she probably could use another treat out front there, too. Check on her.

When she is stripped, you can release her to feed or move her out to the field. Treats are always helpful during such moves.

6 Re: Question on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:32 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
David that was incredible, and such a joy to read.

The cattle, sheep and goats are all ruminents. They are all good for milking and eating and they all chew their food after they complete their foraging. They represent wealth--and food--that walks!

And that right there was where I was going with this, ....In God.

This is what The Lord showed me, the one thing they have in common is they "Chew the Cud".

To eat of The Saviour and drink Him, over, and over again. That's why the increase of the flocks with such men of faith is so important for us to understand, it is a reflection of who they are in Christ. Because of the Meditation (time spent with Him) and chewing on something over and over again, that is what causes the increase and the Riches, that the world knows not of.

Remember yesterday you had said something like....
I need to own it or have it become a part of me?

The flocks are a reflection of what those great men of Faith was doing. They were eating of The Christ.

I was telling Jugghead, that there is a story about Abraham when the Three appeared to him in Gen.18, And Abraham asked them to "WAIT" while he went to "prepare" them victuals including fresh made Bread, (from scratch) And they did wait for him.

But there are two things that go unnoticed in the story, 1. how long it took to prepare those, before it could be served. and 2. While they communed with Abraham and talked of Sodom and Gomorrah, two of them departed and Abraham was left alone with The Lord.

Fascinating!!!

Quote:
Animal husbandry teaches great men, and not-so-great men (I will tell you this) much pursuant to our understanding of God. And it is this understanding that builds our relationship with Him. I treasure my time with animals. And please don't minimize the value of milk wherever you're going with this! End Quote

I hope, I would never do that David, I can see where this would be very close to your heart, not realizing this when I posted the question, but I would not undermine the importance of every little detail of animal husbandry, even though I am a city girl, The Lord is able to show me things like this and the Love that comes out of these things are overwhelming at times.

Spiritually speaking, of the significance of the milk,..
1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Significance of the Butter:
Pro 30:33 Surely the churning of milk bringeth forth butter,
Isa 7:15 Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.

Significance of the meat:
Heb 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

I hope that I have explained what I was seeing, there is a progression and a pattern within the animals that they possess, and of course that Pattern is our growth in the Christ.

Abraham, had all Three to give to them.

Blessings

7 Re: Question on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:05 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
Now tying this all together, in Psalm 55:21, butter is compared to oil and we know that oil signifies anointing and when we read the verse,

surely the churning of the milk brings forth butter,

we can see ..... surely meditation (the churning; the chewing) of the word (milk) brings forth an anointing.

Am I sitting on the end of the branch with a saw in my hand?

8 Re: Question on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Truly Scherryl, in the way that you have described it, I would hope that the milk might be my appropriate food for the eon that comes.

But do you know that we are beginning to question whether bread or wheat in the form we have come to know it is an appropriate part of our diet so will let you know about that as we see any conclusions.

9 Re: Question on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:25 pm

jugghead wrote:Am I sitting on the end of the branch with a saw in my hand?

If so, then we're both hanging out there on the same branch. I'm still seeing the virtues of milk here, too.

10 Re: Question on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:32 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
jugghead wrote:Now tying this all together, in Psalm 55:21, butter is compared to oil and we know that oil signifies anointing and when we read the verse,

surely the churning of the milk brings forth butter,

we can see ..... surely meditation (the churning; the chewing) of the word (milk) brings forth an anointing.

Am I sitting on the end of the branch with a saw in my hand?

Rotf Laughing No your not out on a branch with a saw in your hand. LOL What a picture that is. LOL

11 Re: Question on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:40 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
DavidHarreld wrote:
jugghead wrote:Am I sitting on the end of the branch with a saw in my hand?

If so, then we're both hanging out there on the same branch. I'm still seeing the virtues of milk here, too.

First the natural then the spiritual.
The Lord will always use the things around us to teach us of The Kingdom.

I don't know much about the milk in the natural other than it's good and I wouldn't want to think of a day without it in the natural. I was speaking strictly according to what the word says about it, and how it is referred to. Milk belongs to babes in Christ, strong meat belongs to those that........etc.

Paul wanted to feed them meat, but they were not able because they were still on the milk.

I see milk as the beginning of our walk in Him.
Maybe you could share what you know about the milk in the natural that we can grow even more by understanding it.

I have a feeling that there is more to the milk of what your seeing than you are saying. And I understand your being so close to the subject.
I hope that I have not offended you in any way with what I was sharing, Lord forgive me if I have.

Blessings

12 Re: Question on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:46 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
I agree with Scherryl that there is more to it than we understand at this point.

Would like to hear more

13 Re: Question on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:05 pm

Milk seems fine as a food for young babes, and who in a way I believe we will always be in Him. Abba! Father! Entering into the kingdom at will because we are as babes. In a way we are headed into this rest, where we were once good 'adults' being able to discern the good from the bad. It makes me wonder.

14 Re: Question on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:22 pm

Scherryl wrote:Maybe you could share what you know about the milk in the natural that we can grow even more by understanding it.

Offense? Heavens no! I was only thinking about howmuch more babe-like we are becoming and I presume the trend will continue. As for knowledge in the natural, I have been amazed at the comparison of living raw milk and blood when viewed under magnification. This web page shows some photomicrographs but honestly I have seen others which were better.

15 Re: Question on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:14 am

Beckie

Wow, David I also would like to thank you for the explanation of such a wonderful relationship that I could never have known without being taught. Having these motions and emotions explained really brings in deeper revelations of our Shepherd. Hidden love He has for us, to be revealed through fellowship with Him alone and through fellowship with Brothers and Sisters in Him. Could you comment on the use of the word express, when you said "also squeeze off a handful of milk in her teat and express it into the bucket." I really liked how you worded that! Thanks for any comments, and again thanks for all that you already shared.

16 Re: Question on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:04 am

Delighted!

I just looked and I don't think I can justify this word using the dictionary. What I was after describing was more like something of a dispatch, but its origin emanates expressly from the most intimate interfaces in our relationship.

17 Re: Question on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:11 am

Regarding the question, do we re-become babes or venture on into maturity, I'm wondering if the opposite of what we've been thinking all of these years could be true also in this case. Could it be that our true destiny in Him is to nourish on the milk, though being rooted in the meat? And what's better than butter? I mean, really... I'm trying hard not to be subtle here, but look back at the scriptures describing all these attributes (and food) right there at the beginning of this thread. Where do you really want to be in Him?

18 Re: Question on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:42 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Hey Sis,

I told you it was wonderful didn't I.
And I did some checking last night and didn't realize that a goat is called a doe, LOL, sorry David I guess it can refer to a number of different kind of animals.
Even Antelopes, I had only ever heard a deer referred to as a doe.

And I guess the difference between a sheep and a goat is quite a bit from what I read last night. Their tails are different, and their behavior patterns as far as eating and with others.

And from what I read, sheep are not dumb animals they can remember smells and faces even humans, which I thought that was amazing.

This is the site if anyone is interested, I found it fascinating and very informative.

http://www.sheep101.info/sheepandgoats.html

Of course it could never describe it the way David could as he is so close to them. I think it would be amazing to tend to them like you do. And how ironic that your name is David. Very Happy

Blessings

19 Re: Question on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:01 am

Yes, and aren't we cautioned to be sheep rather than goats? I loved your link. Brian picked up a small herd of St. Croix sheep as well and I have seen much of that too. I can relate better to the goats.

I miss the daily work with the animals. That lasted about a month or so while Brian was off doing other things. Hollis wanted me to come home and herd boys. That was an answer to prayer...

20 Re: Question on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:21 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
DavidHarreld wrote:Regarding the question, do we re-become babes or venture on into maturity, I'm wondering if the opposite of what we've been thinking all of these years could be true also in this case. Could it be that our true destiny in Him is to nourish on the milk, though being rooted in the meat? And what's better than butter? I mean, really... I'm trying hard not to be subtle here, but look back at the scriptures describing all these attributes (and food) right there at the beginning of this thread. Where do you really want to be in Him?

Good Morning David,

I understand what your saying, I think.
Jesus said, Luk_18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

And also, Mat_18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

IMHO, I don't believe it's a matter of either or, just like the Servant and The son position, we don't stop being a servant because we have become sons, the same I think is true of the milk and the meat.

I don't think we sacrifice the milk for the meat either. Remember Abraham had all three to give.
To my understanding when we first come to The Lord, it is all milk to us, until it is done what it is intended to do, and that is to grow us up, and I don't think that ever stops.

And I'm sure you would agree, that we don't ever want to think that there is nothing left that we can't grow more in God as far as our Relationship with Him, or our understanding of The Kingdom that we have become a part of.

It's just like, for example what you do David.
I'm sure you can say that there is always something more to learn as far as tending to the flock, but in doing so you got to admit it makes you very much mature in the things that you do, and are here to share that understanding with us, so that we are blessed by it.

But for me personally, I can no longer survive on just milk, I need meat, Manna. Just as a child can no longer after a period of time live off of just milk, I believe it is the same principle. I believe it is a principle of the kingdom. If we don't I believe we end up stinking and our understanding becomes stagnant. And that's what I believe has happened to the secular church today. JMU.

Blessings

21 Re: Question on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:46 am

Yes! That is the understanding. But could also the opposite be true? Let me put it this way, that perhaps it is by feeding on the meat that we have lost our 'innocence' and it is in feeding on the milk whereby we regain it. It was the very scriptures you provided that convicted me:

Scherryl wrote:
Spiritually speaking, of the significance of the milk,..
1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Significance of the Butter:
Pro 30:33 Surely the churning of milk bringeth forth butter,
Isa 7:15 Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.

Significance of the meat:
Heb 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

I hope that I have explained what I was seeing, there is a progression and a pattern within the animals that they possess, and of course that Pattern is our growth in the Christ.

Abraham, had all Three to give to them.

Yes, all three, but do we seek after those meat and law roots or lap up the milk and forgiveness? I think our roots have been there since the fall, and need little tending from us as we're not the Gardener. The fruit is the business we must be about and I think you might see where we can take our sustenance easily from the milk, especially if He can churn it into butter if He sees good in that. Either way, the knowledge comes whether it be by meat or milk, but the milk keeps producing without death. The sacrifice is completed.

22 Re: Question on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:18 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
I can't believe you said that!!!

Yes! That is the understanding. But could also the opposite be true? Let me put it this way, that perhaps it is by feeding on the meat that we have lost our 'innocence' and it is in feeding on the milk whereby we regain it.

Thank you David, for reminding me of this.
I have felt this very way before many times. And sometimes even cry because of the "innocence" Lost in our growing that I feel.

And then, He shows me something that I've never seen in Him before and then it feels like I'm a child all over again, because of the feeling like..."WOW, Lord, do I really know you at all? And that does make us feel innocent again, or maybe it's what the scriptures describe as "The Refreshing of The Lord".

So, I gotta say yes to this in a sense. I do know what your talking about.

He did say after all that, For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Definitely something to think about. But your also right it is His doing in and through us, we're just along for the journey. And what a Marvelous Journey it is.

Blessings

23 Re: Question on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:31 am

What I keep coming back to these days is the burden we are to carry once we are shed of our own. He invites us to take His burden, which is light. Radiant light, in my estimation, is on a gram-scale type measure, very light. Almost like helium. It will pretty much just lift your arms up and make you want to climb up into some fairly high places, carrying that around.

Do you know that one of the most precious things I have learned working with animals is that you want to give them what they want, first and foremost. This was a wake-up moment for me, learning that. It's not so much what I think would be good for them on a good/evil level as it is delighting in pleasing them and releasing them to their Creator to take the ALL that He gives them and grow with it even as He tends us and we grow. Why should it be any different for them? And indeed, why any different for the people around us who we love?

24 Re: Question on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:45 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Now that brought tears to my eyes, Sad that was so poetic, and what I was seeing, was the way He must see us.
And how much He wants to release to us, and how much He must delight in us. WOW, that was Beautiful.

Do you know that one of the most precious things I have learned working with animals is that you want to give them what they want, first and foremost. This was a wake-up moment for me, learning that. It's not so much what I think would be good for them on a good/evil level as it is delighting in pleasing them and releasing them to their Creator to take the ALL that He gives them and grow with it even as He tends us and we grow. Why should it be any different for them? And indeed, why any different for the people around us who we love?

25 Re: Question on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:00 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Love my new stamp, Thank You.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum