APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

More of My Artwork, but with a Twist

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 More of My Artwork, but with a Twist on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:10 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
This was my bedroom remodel. The Columns are hand drawn, and the grapes are material cut outs and glued to the columns.
It's really an optical illusion, they looked so real.

It was my Egypt period. I only wish I had taken more of the before pictures, sorry I only had one, but take note of the ugly brown paneling and mauve colored blinds, and what a little color can do for it.

And also if you'll notice the window air conditioner on the back wall in the first picture next to the floor fan, you will see the transformation in the next three pictures, they go from the right to the left of the room, the bed is in the same spot as it was in the before picture.

Click to Enlarge

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

2 Re: More of My Artwork, but with a Twist on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:42 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
This was another room make over in the same house, it was a Junk room and we turned it into a bible study room.

As you can see in the before pictures, this was a very old house we inherited it from my Grandpa and Grandma after they passed away. I think they paid 800.00 dollars for it in 1950 something.
So needless to say it was in dire need of a transformation, from top to bottom. The border is designed by me, and hand painted, even made the stencils for it.

Take note of the old linoleum flooring, and the puke green paint on the walls. Oh, and also the "Chest of drawers" and the "closet" in the before pics, they had a drastic makeover too. That closet was built in by my Grandpa, but again paneling, but see what we did to it.

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

3 Re: More of My Artwork, but with a Twist on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:03 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
The house is all torn down today, and oh how I miss it sometimes. Me and Mom had the most precious times in that house in the beginning of our search for Truth.

We both had only been awakened for about 3 yrs. when all of this took place. A funny little story about the bible room make over in the house. Here we were fresh out of the church, knowing that it was not for us, and people were coming over so much to hear what we were learning (even though we were under law so much so at the time) they had never heard anything like we were sharing in the church, so they all wanted to give us their tithes and offerings, we didn't want to, but they insisted and so we put it all into a kitty and began to save it, not knowing what to do with it all so we put it into a new place to study. That's how the whole transformation came about on the bible study room. Never paid a cent for it.
After all there were about, anywhere from 6 to 16 people at one time coming to this little tiny house, it took up the whole living room and dining room to seat us all at times. So we had to re-group so to speak. But the Lord lead us on, to do even greater things with the money. It was amazing!!!

But it was also "Very Hard" and "Very Fast" the changes that were taking place within us.

Blessings

4 Re: More of My Artwork, but with a Twist on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:38 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
This is pretty obvious, Precious Moments, hand drawn on paper, transferred onto the shirts, and then painted. In fact I don't know if Beckie still has hers or not, but it was for her and her twin.

Blessings

5 Re: More of My Artwork, but with a Twist on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:57 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
This was a copy of a picture, of Beckie and Bonnie's Mother and her favorite bird, that went on to be with The Lord. Me and Mom made them "In Memory of" Pillows.
I think they were white with white lace. Of course, hand drawn, and then transferred onto the material. The original was much more in detail, and wasn't so splotchy. It say's, "In Loving Memory of Mama"

Blessings

More Later Very Happy

6 Re: More of My Artwork, but with a Twist on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:04 am

Rosered

wow from the dark and dreary to the Bright and Cheery !
amazing work Scherryl , You said that place is torn down now ?
you could never tell by looking at the new and fresh work done on it , its just Lovely to me

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum