APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

What if the Opposite were True?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 What if the Opposite were True? on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:10 pm

Talking to Todd yesterday morning, we contemplated a recurring theme in this forum and as we were sharing I remember a revelation that was given to me back in 1997. I had actually drawn up a spreadsheet at that time trying to illustrate the revolutionary ideas I was receiving. I knew I had some old disks from that time and finally found them.

It’s funny, at the time I think the one I was trying to win the most with these ideas was my Dad, and who pops by today for a visit? Smile

Anyway, here it is for your entertainment. This is from almost 16 years ago, and unchanged, exactly as I wrote it then. This was quite a few years before I had ever heard of UR and I perceive that these ideas seem easier for folks to embrace these days than they were back then.

2 Re: What if the Opposite were True? on Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:02 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Thanks David for sharing that with us, I really enjoyed it.
The world's way, and the Kingdom way.

Loved it.

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

3 Re: What if the Opposite were True? on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:35 pm

Scherryl wrote:The world's way, and the Kingdom way.

Thank you, Scherryl. This may mark the first time anyone else has understood what I was seeing here (or at least appreciated it!). It's interesting reading these things now and realizing how little my knowledge has really changed over so many years. There are a couple of questionable entries in here--even to me--but I have to wonder if it is only a question of semantics. "Establish boundaries//remove boundaries" is a case in point. I know we are to leave the ancient boundaries in place so I think we're talking about another kind of boundary here. I still have to admit that the "occupy" movement carries with it some of my appreciation and sympathies, but I cannot buy into it entirely.

What I have found has changed is the likelihood of whether of not I might hope to see these values manifest in the vicinity at any given moment. I honestly don't know how much improvement I have seen in my self over these years. Maybe none. Maybe degradation rather than improvement. But lately there has been another story. It has perhaps gone exponential in recent times, my capacity for living Him. These transformations have heightened my anticipation of greater things to come regarding the destruction of all flesh and I know I will never be able to take credit for this.

4 Re: What if the Opposite were True? on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:01 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
To my understanding, "Boundaries" are only there for those who need them.
The ancient boundaries in scripture was to mark the "Way" or the "Stone" Which we now know to Be Christ Himself. But once we "See" Him there is no longer need for boundaries, for whom the Son sets free is, free indeed.

I'm not sure I know what your talking about when you say "occupy" movement, maybe you could elaborate a little more on that.

As far as self changing, that I'm not so sure about either.
If the old man dies, and was truly crucified "with" Christ, then how does a dead man change?

The new man grows, from the mind of Christ daily. Or at least that's the way I see it.

To be Free: which is opposite of bound or having boundaries is:

eleutheros
el-yoo'-ther-os
Probably from the alternate of G2064; unrestrained (to go at pleasure), that is, (as a citizen) not a slave (whether freeborn or manumitted), or (generally) exempt (from obligation or liability): - free (man, woman), at liberty.

Don't ya just love the Word!!!

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

5 Re: What if the Opposite were True? on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:49 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
I may be getting ahead of myself, but this is something I wrote just the other day.

When Christ tells us this; "I am the way, the truth and the life" (John 14:6) we can see this in us, the stone, the jar and the staff ..... our heart, mind and spirit, meaning:

the stone: our heart .... the jar: our mind ..... the staff: our spirit.

"The way" of Christ is first being brought through the law by the Spirit, through the writing of the law upon the stone (the heart) ....
"the truth" of Christ is then brought to us by the Spirit and is placed in the jar (the mind), the manna is: that which came (Christ)and now comes from heaven (His understanding through the Spirit)....
"the life" of Christ is now in us and is the new bud growing in the spirit, the staff that was dead; regenerating the spirit of life that was pure in infancy

When we also understand the past, present and future, we can see:

"the way" is the past working in us, meaning the law is working in us to lead us to Christ, which is the writing of the law upon our heart of stone.
"the truth" is the present working in us, meaning Christ is working in us which is the renewing of the mind, changing the stone into flesh.
"the life" is the future working in us, meaning the law and Christ working together to bring new life to our spirit, changing the flesh into the body of Christ.

I thought this might fit in here (and I am speaking of what is inside the Ark of the Covenant)
Rick

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

6 Re: What if the Opposite were True? on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:10 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
And also wanted to say, the opposites are great

They are what is "of the world" and what is "of God"

And yes, He is awesome.

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

7 Re: What if the Opposite were True? on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Scherryl wrote:I'm not sure I know what your talking about when you say "occupy" movement, maybe you could elaborate a little more on that.

Not much to this that I feel moved to get involved with, only the fire that seems to be spreading across the news planet where the masses appear to be camping out against Wall Street, Sacramento, Egypt, Monsanto and like tribes. Kind of a peoples’ movement. It's where the little guys all get together and try to intimidate and disgust the elite: those self-appointed gods of this age.

jugghead wrote:I may be getting ahead of myself, but this is something I wrote just the other day.

When Christ tells us this; "I am the way, the truth and the life" (John 14:6) we can see this in us, the stone, the jar and the staff ..... our heart, mind and spirit, meaning:

the stone: our heart .... the jar: our mind ..... the staff: our spirit.

"The way" of Christ is first being brought through the law by the Spirit, through the writing of the law upon the stone (the heart) ....
"the truth" of Christ is then brought to us by the Spirit and is placed in the jar (the mind), the manna is: that which came (Christ)and now comes from heaven (His understanding through the Spirit)....
"the life" of Christ is now in us and is the new bud growing in the spirit, the staff that was dead; regenerating the spirit of life that was pure in infancy

When we also understand the past, present and future, we can see:

"the way" is the past working in us, meaning the law is working in us to lead us to Christ, which is the writing of the law upon our heart of stone.
"the truth" is the present working in us, meaning Christ is working in us which is the renewing of the mind, changing the stone into flesh.
"the life" is the future working in us, meaning the law and Christ working together to bring new life to our spirit, changing the flesh into the body of Christ.

I thought this might fit in here (and I am speaking of what is inside the Ark of the Covenant)

I thought I’d beat you to the punch, Sherryl. Actually, I made this stamp for you. Use it in prosperity, even as your soul prospers.

Wow, Rick. This is crushing. I don’t know if you are getting ahead of your self either, but this certainly got ahead of me! My thought process while stargazing this morning went something like this.

the Way----stone--heart---past--------Law
the Truth---jar------mind----present---Christ
the Life-----staff----spirit----future-----Law + Christ = Life

Keeper. I have to record this, study it, own it, or rather make it a part of my conscious awareness. But wait. Am I not taking truth and making of it an icon for my consumption (or rather to consume me)? But wait. Isn’t this just the difference in our particular gathering here? Everything we share is a potential sacred cow for us to slay perhaps at a later date. This is marvelous, that we can get together and be like that.

8 Re: What if the Opposite were True? on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:27 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!! bounce bounce bounce

Thank you. cheers

And I agree with you on what Jugg said too. I've been pondering it myself. And was going to post but your right, you beat me to it.

And yes, that is why were here together, and I love it too, I just wish more would join us.

And as far as this statement goes:

Keeper. I have to record this, study it, own it, or rather make it a part of my conscious awareness. But wait. Am I not taking truth and making of it an icon for my consumption (or rather to consume me)? But wait. Isn’t this just the difference in our particular gathering here? Everything we share is a potential sacred cow for us to slay perhaps at a later date. This is marvelous, that we can get together and be like that.

I wouldn't worry about that to much David, if Christ be in us, which I know He is........He will adjust what needs to be adjusted. If there is one thing that I have come to know in Him, it is this, He will do what is necessary for our growth, and our completion. I will leave you with this thought.

Php 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, (mature) be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

And also this:

Php 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Blessings

9 Re: What if the Opposite were True? on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:49 pm

Scherryl wrote:...if Christ be in us, which I know He is........He will adjust what needs to be adjusted. If there is one thing that I have come to know in Him, it is this, He will do what is necessary for our growth, and our completion. I will leave you with this thought.

Php 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, (mature) be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

And also this:

Php 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Blessings

Blessings, indeed, and no worries!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum