APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Milk and Honey"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 "Milk and Honey"? on Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:50 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
I seen Mark had brought this up at the end of his post to David on the other thread, and I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on it, what have you come to see it meaning?

Naturally speaking, I know that milk, makes for strong bones when growing up, and Honey to me, well, LOL, I have a personal Relationship with Honey.

What I mean by that is...I was one who suffered greatly with heartburn, acid reflux, and indigestion for a long time, until I heard someone say, start taking in Honey. I've been on Honey for years and can honestly before The Lord say, no matter what I eat, or when I eat it, it has completely stopped.

I drink it in my coffee, I eat it on my toast, wherever I can find to replace sugar, that's how I use it. But nevertheless, the significance of Honey to me, naturally and Spiritually speaks of "something sticking". Milk flows, Honey sticks.

There is a beginning word from the Lord that flows, but the End word sticks. We must all wait for the End Word from the Lord before sharing with others. Another thought on this milk part is that milk can sour if left to long, if not quickened "honey"
in the belly. But Honey stops that from happening.

After all He is The beginning and the End, The alpha and the Omega, The first and the Last.

This is what the term "milk and honey" has come to mean to me.
The beginning word from the Lord, and the quickening word from Him.

Both is needed, in order to abide in That Land, The Land of fruitfulness.

Hope that makes sense. Very Happy

I would love to hear others insights on this.

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

2 Re: "Milk and Honey"? on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:44 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
What I find amazing is how God can bring two totally different things together to get a better understanding of what He is doing in us.

What came to mind when you spoke of milk and honey and how milk flows and how honey sticks; the density of the two is what had an impact on me, that honey can still flow, but it flows at a slower pace than milk does. Honey flows like sap in a tree, the sap is the blood in a tree.

It was because of seeing the slower pace that the image of a lamp came back to mind with the word "transformation" being key.

What I mean by that is, when the oil is poured into a lamp, the oil is absorbed by the wick, it flows into the wick because of the type of material it is. The flow is at a slower pace to begin with. If the wick is not lit, the flow stops once the wick is filled, but when the wick is lit, the flow starts again and is constantly being drawn through the wick to the flame and the oil is drawn through the wick at a faster pace than if the wick was dry.

When the flame is burning, it is consuming both the oil and the air, the flame needs oxygen to stay burning as well and it too is drawn to the flame for consumption by the flame. It is in this that I see both a consumption from within (the oil, the anointing; the calling) and consumption from outside (the oxygen, the written word). It is then that heat is produced by the consumption of the oil and oxygen. The heat in the flame is what transforms the oil and oxygen to produce light.

What I get out of this is that the purpose of the heat is for transformation, a flame produces both light and heat, but light is the end result not the heat.

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

3 Re: "Milk and Honey"? on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:52 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Fascinating Rick,

That was Glorious!!!

I just love the way you think "outside the box".

It's funny I was going to go back and add that "slower pace" that you did, and I felt like the Lord held me back from doing it.

Now I know why. And the fact that you said this:
What I get out of this is that the purpose of the heat is for transformation, a flame produces both light and heat, but light is the end result not the heat. End Quote.

I love it, ....It is about the End Result,...Light, Truth, Christ, He is The End Result in all of us.

God's plan from the beginning, Hallelujah!!

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

4 Re: "Milk and Honey"? on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:10 pm

If you're having any trouble dropping off to sleep, a little warm milk and honey does wonders. Put the honey in the bottom of the pan over a low heat with the milk on top and the honey prevents the milk from scalding. Don't bring it fully to a boil but turn off the burner just when you can see the steam starting to come off the top of the milk. Mmmmm...

5 Re: "Milk and Honey"? on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:43 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Thanks David,

I love Honey on everything and in everything, so I'll try that.

Also if you add a little cinnamon to the Honey it's really good too, and also has medicinal purposes, such as High blood pressure, diabetes, with sugar levels, etc.

There are a lot of good things that come out of Honey and cinnamon, but mostly I love it for that fact of no more heartburn or indigestion no matter what I eat or when I eat it.

And the more I think about this "spiritually", I come to the conclusion, that when we do eat of things that is not pure, such as false doctrine or a word that is not pure, it doesn't phase us anymore, like maybe it once did.

Because we have now moved from just milk and are now on Honey.
We now have the beginning word "Logos" and the "End" word Rhema, and are Exercised therwith.

Blessings

6 Re: "Milk and Honey"? on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:12 pm

Enjoy your cinnamon, Scherryl! It has some real health benefits. Just remember to get the good stuff. You are wanting Ceylon cinnamon, not Cassia. You can tell the real stuff because it looks more like a rolled up cigar from the end. It is usually real cheap in the Mexican spices section of the grocery store.

7 Re: "Milk and Honey"? on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:45 am

cross-eyed

check out the poems and songs category . . .wrote a song a while back on honey . . .

8 Re: "Milk and Honey"? on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:01 pm

cross-eyed

Exodus 16:31
And the house of Israel called the name thereof Manna: and it was like coriander seed, white; and the taste of it was like wafers made with honey.

Manna literally means "what is it". The white stone that no man knows it's name/identity.

As milk is to babes, honey is to the mature. It's a healing agent. It's collected "by" workers that rely on the air to carry them "from" flowers that neither toil or spin.

1 Samuel 14:25
And all they of the land came to a wood; and there was honey upon the ground.

This is the verse that inspired the song "Honey on the Ground". There is so much symbolism throughout this story of Jonathan eating the honey . . .

26.1 Samuel 14:26
And when the people were come into the wood, behold, the honey dropped; but no man put his hand to his mouth: for the people feared the oath.

27.1 Samuel 14:29
Then said Jonathan, My father hath troubled the land: see, I pray you, how mine eyes have been enlightened, because I tasted a little of this honey.

28.1 Samuel 14:43
Then Saul said to Jonathan, Tell me what thou hast done. And Jonathan told him, and said, I did but taste a little honey with the end of the rod that was in mine hand, and, lo, I must die.

9 Re: "Milk and Honey"? on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:51 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Yes, I agree.

In fact me and Katie was together last Sat. and she brought up this with Johnathan also.

I had forgot about that, with his eyes being enlightened.
Good stuff.

Blessings

10 Re: "Milk and Honey"? on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:54 pm

Here's a great way to consume cinnamon in mass quantities. I just put this up in jars night before last and we're eating it already. You just chow down the cinnamon bark with the watermelon rinds and it is superb!

Pickled Watermelon Rind
A Bitten Word recipe adapted from the National Center for Home Food Preservation

Ingredients

2 quarts watermelon rind (equal to one medium-sized melon)
3/4 cup salt
3 quarts water
5 cups sugar
3 cups white vinegar
3 cups water
1 tablespoon (about 48) whole cloves
6 cinnamon sticks, broken into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon Allspice
1 lemon, thinly sliced, with seeds removed

Trim the pink flesh and the green outer skin from the rind. Cut into small strips, about 1" x 2". Cover with brine made by combining 3 quarts water and 3/4 cup salt. Refrigerate for five hours or overnight.

Drain; rinse. Cover the watermelon with water and bring to a boil; continue cooking until fork-tender, about another 15 minutes. (Overcooking will cause the rinds to become rubbery.) Drain.

Combine sugar, vinegar, water and spice. Boil 5 minutes and then pour over watermelon; add lemon slices. Refrigerate overnight.

Heat watermelon in syrup to boiling; reduce heat to medium-high and for one hour. Pack the hot watermelon pickles loosely into clean, hot pint jars.Cover with boiling syrup, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace if needed. Wipe rims of jars with a dampened clean paper towel; apply two-piece metal lids.

To seal: Submerge the full jars in boiling water (enough water so the jars are 1-2" below the surface); boil for 15 minutes (or slightly longer at higher altitudes). Remove jars and let them sit undisturbed at room temperature for 24 hours. Check seals.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum