APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Heart of The Earth

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Heart of The Earth on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:51 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Hi everyone Blessings,

It's been really quite on here lately, hope everyone is well.

You know out of all the writings and prophecies concerning Our Lord in the old testament and about His coming, even down to what He would say on the cross in the psalms, etc.

Did you ever notice that there is NO place in scripture that declares His 3days and 3nights that He spent in the Tomb? Or is there? I find that interesting don't you?

Nevertheless, that wasn't the question I had on my mind today.
The question is in this scripture right here.

Mat 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Notice it doesn't say Hell, as so commonly taught, as we all know, but "The Heart of the Earth", and compares it to "the whales belly". I have some thoughts on this but would like to hear what everyone thinks He meant by this phrase.

Surely it must mean more than a grave or a Tomb, don't you think?

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

2 Re: The Heart of The Earth on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:54 am

kpaulus

Could it mean being that we are "earth" He is in our hearts?

3 Re: The Heart of The Earth on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:18 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Good catch Karen,

I think so too, in our earth, The 3 days and nights I think is symbolic for the time after His Resurrection, In Us.

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

4 Re: The Heart of The Earth on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:52 pm

LindaY

I am hesitant to post anything about this but, I just saw this post when I woke up this morning and was amazed that you have brought this up Scherryl.

If any of you remember, not long ago when Nathan was posting his revelation thread, I had asked the question about why Nathan had left out the verses in it concerning the 7 churches in Revelation. There was a reason for this.

About 2 months ago, or maybe longer, I had a dream that I don't remember what it was about but, it woke me up out of a sound sleep and the verses about no sign being given except for the prophet Jonas being 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of the whale and the Son of Man being 3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the earth had been brought to my remembrance. I have these things happen from time to time and it usually explains something I have prayed and asked for light on something and during the night I will wake up and be lead to scriptures I've never read before that explains something that I had not thought about or had on my mind but, the answer would be in the scriptures that are on my mind when I wake up. Now, don't ask me to explain this because I can't. But, that particular morning it was the same thing. I had not read of Jonah or thought about it in a really long time. This particular morning I went to read the scriptures concerning this. However, the question was posed upon my waking up about "why was John standing on the sand of the sea" before he was given this Revelation of Christ? Peter was the one who seemingly was operating out of the flesh many times through the gospels but, why John? That's when I was given the desire to read about Jonah again. The whole story seemed to have a direct resemblance to whatever was going on before he had a revelation of Christ. That's where my confusion came in. In Hebrew, in Jonah, he was in the belly of the "whale that God made" to swallow up Jonah. Then afterwards he was vomited up. In the 7 churches, it says Christ vomited the lukewarm church out of His mouth. THAT right there is where my peace was taken from me and I had to put it to the side and was so troubling to me because the whale in Hebrew is translated in Strong's as "dragon". I don't see how the two are related and why those verses were brought to my remembrance. It robbed me of my peace and I have just been waiting for an answer to it. Now, I'm reading this and hoping someone can see something I'm not because surely Christ was not to be the dragon so, who is it? I don't understand why I'm seeing what I'm seeing, spiritually.

5 Re: The Heart of The Earth on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:27 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Hi Linda,

I would most definitely say that was the Lord stirring you up.
First, I don't know how you got dragon out of the Jonah story, because first of all it says a fish, and is not even called a whale in that verse. And when Jesus says it, it's in Greek and still means, fish so, I think you may be taken the word whale from Gen. or somewhere else in order to have it translated in the heb. as dragon.

Words change according to the scripture their used in, and are not always meant to be used the same way throughout every passage.

But seeing how it is a Great Fish, or as big as a whale as Jesus describes it, it would stir a lot of Water when it swam right? And that is what is symbolized by it, "The moving of the Waters" and Waters are meant for your soul, or your person.

Now, since we understand that, when Jesus was buried in the Tomb, I see Him as encased or surrounded by our Death the death of the Soul/heart/the Adam in us. For the sole purpose of bringing Life back again to us, by the stirring of the waters by The Life giving Spirit of God.

Now, the spewing out or vomiting out of the mouth, is what is not Good, if you put something in your mouth, and it is bad, what is the first thing you do? You spit it out right.

Well, in the same sense, there is nothing good of the flesh, so what I see Him vomiting up is all that the first Adam and the carnal mind brought in so that what is of God can remain.

To me this is what was going on in that Tomb, He was overcoming "OUR" death The carnal mind and everything that it brings in, with His Death, but when He rose again, and was received by The Father, now all that is left for us to do is wait for the full manifestation of that work within each individual, until the last enemy is destroyed which is death/the carnal mind.

I hope that sheds some light on what you have seen already.

Blessings

6 Re: The Heart of The Earth on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:37 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
What I can understand about it is this:

it is the barren womb in which He is waiting to be conceived in by the Father's Spirit

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

7 Re: The Heart of The Earth on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:53 pm

cross-eyed

What if what Linda is talking about is more of a revelation of a corelation rather than the explanation of a definition? The moment she tied the whale/great fish with the dragon . . .things kind of chimed in me with this as well.

The dragon is connected to the serpent which is connected to satan which is connected to the devil . . .for me . . .ALL of these are in relation to one thing . . .carnality. "Through" this world we are strengthened in ourselves. God didn't intend for us to avoid this realm, he intended for us to trust in Him to lead us "through" it. The result is that we "become" an overcomer. You can't be an overcomer if there was no experience to overcome.

The carnality swallowed up Jonah . . .where was his heart when he came to the realization that he needed to be removed from the ship? Which by the way, is also just as interesting to me in pertaining to patterns . . .a ship for me is a beleif system, it's what carries me over the uncharted waters of my own life. Jesus called Peter to leave his boat so that he too, could walk above the churning waters, above the natural laws of this realm.

But afterward, Jesus took Peter "back" to the boat. The other disciples didn't have their faith in Christ to walk on the water, their faith was in the boat they were in. Jonah came to the realization that for the calm to return, he needed to leave his boat. We're taught that the big fish was his savior, but he referred it to anything but.

Remember when Paul prayed for his thorn to be removed? God answered his prayer, but never removed the thorn. The thorn had a specific purpose in Paul's life and walk with the Father. Grace is greater than the thorn . . . it's okay to have thorns in our life. Instead of praying for the removal of the carnality in us, perhaps we should just understand that it's a necessary part of where we're being led to grow.

We think carnality is our destroyer, what if it's the vehicle that takes us to our destiny of being overcomers? And also to Linda's point . . .being swallowed up in carnality will also lead one to the inevidible experience of being vomited out of the same vehicle that brought us to our destiny.

Who has never been luke warm in their relationship with the Father? What's the purpose of the vomiting? We think it's because of something "we're" to grow from when, like Jonah, we're just pawns at a party. Had Jonah not been swallowed up in the carnality of himself . . .which we can't deny that is exactly what he was doing when he ran away . . . his carnality brought him to where God designed for him to be, despite his mind's efforts to do otherwise.

and Karen, to your original question about Scripture not prophecying about the three days of death . . .it was prophesied, just not in written words . . .it was prophesied in Jonah's life. But you already knew that. Smile

8 Re: The Heart of The Earth on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:34 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Absolutely Nathan,

To be carnally minded "is" Death, but if we did not know Death, how would we be able to recognize the Mind of Christ or The Life that it brings?

All things work together for the good, to those who Love the Lord and are called according to His purpose. Amen.

Deu 32:39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

Isa 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
Isa 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Isa 45:8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.

I just love it when The Lord talks about Himself don't you? Gives me chills.

Oh, and by the way, you may have answered jugheads question inadvertently. Can God be an Adversary/Satan to us? yes, He can and is at times, but again it's all good, Because He is good and only has our best in mind.

Blessings

9 Re: The Heart of The Earth on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:02 pm

LindaY

First, I don't know how you got dragon out of the Jonah story, because first of all it says a fish, and is not even called a whale in that verse. And when Jesus says it, it's in Greek and still means, fish so, I think you may be taken the word whale from Gen. or somewhere else in order to have it translated in the heb. as dragon.

Scherryl, thank you so much. This has had me so troubled ever since and that's what I get for not rechecking it out with scripture. I got whale from old teachings that came from growing up saying a "whale" swallowed Jonah and even though I had read the verses and book AGAIN, I didn't even catch that and looked up the meaning of "whale" in Strong's and that's where it said "dragon". It has had me so troubled and even then I didn't catch it all this time! One thing the Lord has taught me through this is quite clear.... NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING without checking it out. This had me so upset for weeks now and I couldn't understand why.

Bless you and thank you so much.

10 Re: The Heart of The Earth on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:07 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
cross-eyed wrote:
We think carnality is our destroyer, what if it's the vehicle that takes us to our destiny of being overcomers? And also to Linda's point . . .being swallowed up in carnality will also lead one to the inevidible experience of being vomited out of the same vehicle that brought us to our destiny.

Who has never been luke warm in their relationship with the Father? What's the purpose of the vomiting? We think it's because of something "we're" to grow from when, like Jonah, we're just pawns at a party. Had Jonah not been swallowed up in the carnality of himself . . .which we can't deny that is exactly what he was doing when he ran away . . . his carnality brought him to where God designed for him to be, despite his mind's efforts to do otherwise.

Not to hijack the thread, but by what you said here Nathan, it almost sounds like you may concede that natural reasoning through carnality can be just as important as revelation.

When God shows us His true definition of words and how they are to be used, can't we then rely on our reasoning ability to understand the revelation (result) that was given? To me, I see this as possible, not on our own of course, but with the help of His Spirit, He guides us through the reasoning process.

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

11 Re: The Heart of The Earth on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:33 pm

LindaY

All I know was that until He showed me what it meant I wasn't going to mention it to anyone. I have been waiting and waiting for at least a couple of months now since that day and no answer until I woke up this morning and saw Scherryl's post. For me, this is a revelation.

12 Re: The Heart of The Earth on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:07 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
I'm so glad it helped Linda, it's funny how we hear things all our life and just automatically think that's got to come out of the bible, especially when a christian or pastor quotes it, only to find out that it's not.

I too have been caught like that myself, and it was an eye opener.

Here's another one of those catch phrases, "And this to shall pass" I thought for sure that was in the bible, but it's not.
Even though it may be implied, from the way I've heard it spoken you would swear it was in there.

But this thing that Jesus went to Hell for 3days and 3nights, again in a round about way He may have experienced "our Hell" in the soul, but that is just not what it says.

But you hear people quote it all the time, like it was written that way. Another thing that bothers me slightly is when I hear people talk about someone who has a special Anointing, that is just not true. How more special can you get, if The Anointed One, The Christ, has become your Life?

He is The Anointing. I mean in the old testament that was so with Elisha and Elijah, and even in the new test. with certain of the disciples with special gifts, but, that was while the first Temple was still standing. But not anymore, we are the Temple of the Living God. Things has changed drastically after 70AD. IMHO.

Didn't mean to ramble on so.

Blessings Laughing

13 Re: The Heart of The Earth on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:21 pm

LindaY

I'm so glad it helped Linda, it's funny how we hear things all our life and just automatically think that's got to come out of the bible,

This is true. I've heard things quoted many times that were not out of the bible. This one really was an eye opener for me because not only did I read it but, read right over it and still didn't catch it. It's funny how we are so programmed, like a computer, that we can just gloss right over something that's so apparent and not see it even then. I feel pretty stupid now for it even causing me so much agony. scratch

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum