APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Back to Eden Film

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Back to Eden Film on Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:19 am

If you like gardening, then this is for you! If you are interested in a glimpse into the future of farming and what it will look like after the multinational corporations vacate the planet, then you really want to see this film. You can view this documentary free on the site, and you will not be disappointed. It's about a Spirit-led man in Washington state who became weary of growing his family's food the hard way, and thirty years ago heard from the Lord what it really means to rest in Him. Paul has since prospered, even as his soul has prospered. When I grow up, I want to be just like him!

2 Re: The Back to Eden Film on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:31 am

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
DavidHarreld wrote:If you like gardening, then this is for you! If you are interested in a glimpse into the future of farming and what it will look like after the multinational corporations vacate the planet, then you really want to see this film. You can view this documentary free on the site, and you will not be disappointed. It's about a Spirit-led man in Washington state who became weary of growing his family's food the hard way, and thirty years ago heard from the Lord what it really means to rest in Him. Paul has since prospered, even as his soul has prospered. When I grow up, I want to be just like him!

Hi David,
I am interested in watching this and will try to view it sometimes today. We used to farm. I sure am interested in God's way of doing things so this should be interesting. Thanks! Oh and btw, this is Linda Y, not Scherryl, just filling in for her this morning. Very Happy

http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

3 Re: The Back to Eden Film on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:51 am

You are going to love this! One disclaimer, though, I started watching it online and immediately purchased the DVD. For some reason or another I couldn't watch for awhile, turn off the computer, then come back to the same spot where I left off. You can pause the video, but if you shut down the browser you'll have to pick it up again from the beginning. No harm, because it was worth watching on the TV with the family and to give the disc to friends, too. Paul's living testimony is one of the best marketing campaigns I have ever seen the Lord produce. I have seen other impromptu videos on youtube that folks have made when they visited Paul and he sure seems to be the genuine article.

4 Re: The Back to Eden Film on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:01 pm

[quote="Scherryl"]
DavidHarreld wrote:this is Linda Y, not Scherryl, just filling in for her this morning. Very Happy

I believe that you can grant yourself admin rights while you are logged in on Scherryl's account, then you can post under your own name while you are filling in as administrator. It is so wonderful that you are willing to step up and help us with this, Linda!

5 Re: The Back to Eden Film on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:10 pm

LindaY

[quote="DavidHarreld"]
Scherryl wrote:
DavidHarreld wrote:this is Linda Y, not Scherryl, just filling in for her this morning. Very Happy

I believe that you can grant yourself admin rights while you are logged in on Scherryl's account, then you can post under your own name while you are filling in as administrator. It is so wonderful that you are willing to step up and help us with this, Linda!

Now I know why God has placed so much free time in my path. lol! I am not a genius with it but I have written codes for websites before and am familiar with a lot of the basics. I was waiting on Scherryl to let me know what Nathan wanted to do about some things before I made any changes and sent Scherryl the instructions for adding me with admin rights. I see she has me set as a moderator so, I will have to get with her about how she wants me to log in in the future. Glad to be here too David, and to see you're able to participate now, as well!! cheers

6 Re: The Back to Eden Film on Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:29 am

LindaY

DavidHarreld wrote:You are going to love this! One disclaimer, though, I started watching it online and immediately purchased the DVD. For some reason or another I couldn't watch for awhile, turn off the computer, then come back to the same spot where I left off. You can pause the video, but if you shut down the browser you'll have to pick it up again from the beginning. No harm, because it was worth watching on the TV with the family and to give the disc to friends, too. Paul's living testimony is one of the best marketing campaigns I have ever seen the Lord produce. I have seen other impromptu videos on youtube that folks have made when they visited Paul and he sure seems to be the genuine article.

Hi David,
I was watching this video last night when my computer crashed (not the video's fault LOL). It is amazing and so much spiritual insight into everything that God has done for us. I felt that through the whole portion of the video I got to see that "if we could only hear" (all of mankind). Having lived with a husband for years who farmed and was into this type of land management (literally) I wish he was still alive to see this with me. I am really looking forward to viewing the rest of it and will probably order the DVD. I was so blessed by it and how it reveals that we toil and sweat in this flesh and it's all done for us, all of it, from the beginning. All we had to do was listen for Him to speak. There was so much insight into this film in the spirit of it and how nature gives us so much insight into who God is and how much He loves us and has from the beginning and we pass through this life with our eyes closed.

I would encourage anyone here to watch this. It's an amazing film. Thank you for sharing it David! Bless you.

7 Re: The Back to Eden Film on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:29 pm

What strikes me as most profound is that we never put a plow to the soil until after we lost our connection with God.

Gen 3:17-23 Then to Adam He said, "Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat of it': "Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life. (18) Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, And you shall eat the herb of the field. (19) In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread Till you return to the ground, For out of it you were taken; For dust you are, And to dust you shall return." (20) And Adam called his wife's name Eve, because she was the mother of all living. (21) Also for Adam and his wife the LORD God made tunics of skin, and clothed them. (22) Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever"— (23) therefore the LORD God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken.

From the beginning, it was not supposed to be this way, yet now we just assume that we have to do all of this work and in the process cause much harm to the soil's ability to produce!

8 Re: The Back to Eden Film on Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:02 pm

LindaY

DavidHarreld wrote:What strikes me as most profound is that we never put a plow to the soil until after we lost our connection with God.

Gen 3:17-23 Then to Adam He said, "Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat of it': "Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life. (18) Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, And you shall eat the herb of the field. (19) In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread Till you return to the ground, For out of it you were taken; For dust you are, And to dust you shall return." (20) And Adam called his wife's name Eve, because she was the mother of all living. (21) Also for Adam and his wife the LORD God made tunics of skin, and clothed them. (22) Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever"— (23) therefore the LORD God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken.

From the beginning, it was not supposed to be this way, yet now we just assume that we have to do all of this work and in the process cause much harm to the soil's ability to produce!

Have you also noticed that the more land is cleared and trees are cut down to produce more and more farm land the more we have devastating storms and winds and also now drought? It eventually becomes a desert wasteland and that's why now so many corporate farm lands have had to bring in huge watering systems which are depleting our natural resources?

9 Re: The Back to Eden Film on Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:21 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Quote Linda,

Have you also noticed that the more land is cleared and trees are cut down to produce more and more farm land the more we have devastating storms and winds and also now drought? It eventually becomes a desert wasteland and that's why now so many corporate farm lands have had to bring in huge watering systems which are depleting our natural resources?

Do you have any idea of how spiritual what you just said, is?
Wow.

10 Re: The Back to Eden Film on Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:34 pm

LindaY

Scherryl wrote:Quote Linda,

Wow.

Well, yes and no. I know what I can see in it but, please share Scherryl.

11 Re: The Back to Eden Film on Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:09 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
LindaY wrote:
Scherryl wrote:Quote Linda,

Wow.

Well, yes and no. I know what I can see in it but, please share Scherryl.

This is the way I was seeing it when I read:

Have you also noticed that the more God clears away the dead things of our earth, and prunes us, the more we experience the storms and winds, to make way for our earth to bare more produce. In this we find that our "Natural" resources are not working for us, which in turn causes us to become dry and "Thirsty" for the True Watering Source of Life.

That's what I saw. Even in this, is He not in Control?

Blessings

12 Re: The Back to Eden Film on Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:19 pm

Scherryl wrote:Even in this, is He not in Control?

Blessings

He is King of kings and Lord of lords!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum