APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chapter Nine

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Chapter Nine on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:40 pm

cross-eyed

Chapter Nine

Second Dimension of the Tabernacle Order

In the tabernacle, the 2nd dimension of truth consists of ministry. This is the reason why the church is so efficient in this one. Why is it connected to ministry? Because in the Holy Place, or the “inner court” they are one and the same, in here is where it was the responsibility of the priest to keep the flame in the golden candlestick going by keeping the oil supplying the flame full.

It was also their responsibility to grow the olives that made the oil and process the olives into oil. It was also their responsibility to keep the bread fresh, the wine filled, the altar of incense burning and fully supplied, which also included rounding up the specifically required ingredients and grinding them down for usage. Every act resembled something about the nature of Jesus.

It was in this place, where John turned and saw Jesus standing in the midst of the golden candlestick. It’s a picture of the church, and the church is Christ, as Christ is the church. They are one. It is here where the activity of the priest blend in with the glory of God. God has chosen a people to be God to those in need and love on them. This is the most visibly predominant place that the church functions in. It’s not the most dominant of all the dimensions, it’s just “visibly” the most predominant.

Each Dimension Leads You to the Next
Remember the reason for the first dimension is to equip you, to enable you to experience the second dimension. And the same for the second, it’s to equip you to enter into the third. And it’s in the third dimension where God does reside. It’s where dominion reigns sovereign. It’s not based on the opinions of men’s traditional minds. It’s based on truth. Once we enter into this place, the boundaries are removed. Reality is no longer constant to us, it changes with our perception of Him. There is no limit to truth, peace and love. This is the house that God built.

This is the place where Jesus went on ahead and prepared for us so that where it is, we may also be. It’s not some far away place that we can’t reach. It’s a place where your spirit longs for and your earth groans for. It’s not a place for your mind to dissect and try to prove it’s truth or existence. In this place, all things truly do become new. It’s beyond the works-based minds of ministry. Once you are fully exposed to this place, you’ll never want to go back to the traditional life you used to take such comfort in.

The End Result of the True Tabernacle
Before Christ, only once a year was the high priest able to enter into this place. And then it was only to sprinkle the blood of the sacrificial lamb upon it. It’s all a pattern. But once Jesus died, he hadn’t even been buried or resurrected yet, when he breathed his last breath with the words “It is Finished” the veil was rent from top to bottom.

There are reasons why things are detailed the way they are in Scripture. A one dimensional person won’t fully understand it’s meaning because they’ve established to many boundaries in their minds that will not allow them to enter into this mysterious, yet gravitational place. This is what this college is all about. Zechariah 4 is a picture of the completion of his plan regarding this tabernacle blue-print that Moses first brought into human existence through the revelation God gave him of Christ.

Zechariah 4
1And the angel that talked with me came again, and waked me, as a man that is wakened out of his sleep. 2And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof:
3And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.

4So I answered and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord? 5Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord. 6Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. 7Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.

8Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 9The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you. 10For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.

11Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof? 12And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves? 13And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord. 14Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the LORD of the whole earth.

Type and Shadow
We talked about the tabernacle of Moses being type and shadow of truth. This passage here is the full completion of the truth. There are many similarities between what this picture is showing and what the tabernacle of Moses had in it. The candlestick of gold, the seven lamps is actually a picture of the whole body of Christ. There are six branches stemming out from a main shaft. The six branches are us, the main shaft is Christ. He makes the seventh which is the completion of the bride.

But the difference between this and what Moses made is these two trees on either side of the candlestick. If you take what was said in the book of Revelation and combine that with what’s being said here, you get a pretty powerful picture of what it’s all symbolizing. In essence, this is the spiritual bride at her fullness in Christ.

This is who we are to be now. But the only way we can be in this state, is by letting go of all the stuff that we thought could get us there but can’t. The only way we can enter into this place, is by the revealing of truth through the relationship we have with the Father through the Son. It’s not through doctrine or philosophy or knowledge. It’s through relationship.

These two trees are everlasting trees, they have golden tubes that run from them into the bowls of the candlestick. The candlestick is pure gold. The bowls are pure gold. The pipes connecting them to the tree is of pure gold, and even the oil that flows through the candlestick is pure gold. What is gold is God. It’s the highest value of all other minerals in the natural, but it depicts unimaginable purity of the presence of God.

The Realm of Rest
What is missing here is, the priestly responsibilities. In the natural, it was the priests who had to maintain the fire. But in this picture, the oil of the trees provide the source for the fire and it burns continuously with no assistance from man. All is at “rest”. And “that” is our goal. We walk in the spirit, we pursue the spiritual realm because there is where rest is.

There is where dominion is, but it’s as we are “seated” at the “right hand” (means authority) of God. We’re not standing at the right hand, but we are seated. It’s all a picture of rest. God was showing John the exact same thing in Revelation, but the church has turned the book of Revelation into a doom and gloom experience, instead of it being the source of praise and rejoicing which is just what it is.

But these two trees we see here in Zechariah are the same mentioned in Revelation and we’re not talking about where the river flows out from the throne. We’re talking about the two witnesses of Revelation. They are the two trees. The church has thrown itself way off track by trying to interpret this spiritual picture with their carnal minds and in doing so, they believe that the witnesses are actually any two combinations of either Enoch, Moses, or Elijah, The truth is, it’s a book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ and that is who the focus is on.

Two Anointed Ones = Two Witnesses
The three and a half days are actually depicting ministry. More specifically, the ministry of Christ which was for 3 and a half years. Which then gives you a clue as to who these two witnesses are. This is not a literal picture of two angels, Gabriel and Michael, are standing next to Jesus nor are they cherubim. Remember how many dimensions we said there are that make up the Godhead? Three.

The two “standing next to the Lord” are two of the three dimensions we speak of so much. The Lord in this context, is God the Father, and the two olive trees standing next to him are God the Son and God the Spirit. It was the Spirit of God in the body of Jesus that drove Jesus in the wilderness to be tempted immediately following his baptism. That was the beginning of the 3 ½ days of death.

It was on the mount after the resurrection that Jesus was sharing with those around him when God called him to “come up here” which is what Revelation is speaking about. This picture here in Zechariah is the completed picture of the tabernacle of God. It’s all about resting from labor. There is no assistance or reliance on men to keep the oil flowing and the flame burning because the 6th day has come and gone and now, the seventh day is upon us. The only laboring we’re to be doing now, is to labor to find that place of rest.

Hebrews 4 (The chapter of “Rest”)
11Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

However, this is not a class on the study of Revelation, that is for another time and place. But here, just know that there is a completed bride, and men of God are finding themselves in this position of rest and realizing that it’s truly not by power, not by might, because it’s in His rest that we see through the Spirit of what truth is really all about. In this light, let this be what we pursue. Pursue the spirit. Pursue rest. Pursue a deeper relationship in Christ and be ready to receive from him truth that may very well be in a different form of truth than what your mind is looking for.

Not By Might, Not By Power
As this vision unfolded before Zechariah, he stood bewildered. He was a prophet of God. He was a mouthpiece. It was through him that invisible things became visible. Things that could not be heard, transitioned within him and could now be heard.

But before they could be heard from him, before he could repeat what he’d seen, he needed to first understand, but he couldn’t. He saw the candlestick, he saw the golden pipes flowing with golden oil. He saw the trees that the pipes were planted, grafted into. But he didn’t understand any of it.

Zechariah, the person that saw spiritual patterns and repeated them with natural words, could not grasp this picture. Interestingly enough, when he asked what they were, he wasn’t asking what they “were”, he was asking what they “meant”. He knew he was looking into the original tabernacle, but because he was accustom to the natural one, he didn’t understand what this one was telling him.

Even though the law was never intended to be a permanent part of Israel, they believed that it was. And when the time came for it to be replaced with the very source of life that it was supposed to typify, they rejected the source and tried to cling to the shadow.

So here, God is making it clear to Zechariah, and to Israel, as well as to every man, woman, and child, that this does not come by power or by might. It doesn’t come through flesh and blood. It isn’t something the natural realm can grasp. Men can’t make out what it is because it’s origins are not from here.

This famous phrase is taken out of context so much that if you asked those that use it where it came from and what it pertains to, they wouldn’t be able to tell you. But the truth is, natural means can not reveal to you what this picture is, only through the Spirit will you “see”.

Let’s do what God is telling Zechariah to do. Stop trying to use your natural means to explain this spiritual reality. It’s a spiritual picture of the church as a mature bride. It’s the church who has realized remaining in the works-based realm of ministry was never intended to be the ultimate destination for anyone. But it’s all in preparation for the next level of relationship, of intimacy with Christ.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum