APlace2Rest

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gen 1 & 2

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76 Re: Gen 1 & 2 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:30 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
To me, Understanding comes in many different ways.
Of course it is always by the quickening of The Holy Spirit.
But I find it could be when I'm just talking like this, or reading scripture, or meditating on the word, which is my favorite pastime. I like taking my thoughts before Him at night when I'm all alone and quiet, like when I first go to bed at night. To me this is talking to Him, and I find the next morning when I awake, something presents itself that stirs me, and when I look it up, Bam!! I have understanding that I never had before.

But I could be driving down the road and hear a song and a certain verse is quickened to the word, and bam! understanding that I didn't have before on a certain passage of scripture is made alive.

The thing of it is, He is The Living Word within each of us.
And all that is happening IMO, is He is just Revealing Himself.

Because no matter what scripture comes to mind, it reveals Him.

When He is your all, then all displays Him. I had planted a Garden one time, and everything that took place while I watered and tended to it, was all the word and helped me to come to understanding.

I don't think that it is ever forced, it just happens because of His Spirit within me. But to me, thinking and ingageing my mind is all a part of it. Like I said I love to think on the scriptures, and find that it is never a waste of it either.

It sure helps keep your mind on things above and not on things of this earth.

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!
http://aplace2rest.forumotion.com

77 Re: Gen 1 & 2 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:40 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
cross-eyed wrote:Wow . . . how is it you can say in one sentence what takes me three pages! That was worded perfectly for me! Revelation from the Father is the "whole" Word in us, Scripture merely offers smaller pieces that, when the Spirit puts them together, matches up with the whole Word in us.

See . . .I still can't do it in one sentence!!

But now I am about to throw you a curve,

Yes we have the "whole" word in us, but revelation is the pieces of the whole and Scripture confirms the pieces when we study it.

Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

78 Re: Gen 1 & 2 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:47 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
I can see that too, Rick.

Cause it seems like when you do get a Revelation there is always more to be had. In other words, you know that there is more to be added to what you just came to understand.

Which always leaves me with anticipation and excitement. bounce

Blessings

The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail...Because The Love of God...Will....Never....Fail!

79 Re: Gen 1 & 2 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:48 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
Scherryl wrote:To me, Understanding comes in many different ways.
Of course it is always by the quickening of The Holy Spirit.
But I find it could be when I'm just talking like this, or reading scripture, or meditating on the word, which is my favorite pastime. I like taking my thoughts before Him at night when I'm all alone and quiet, like when I first go to bed at night. To me this is talking to Him, and I find the next morning when I awake, something presents itself that stirs me, and when I look it up, Bam!! I have understanding that I never had before.

But I could be driving down the road and hear a song and a certain verse is quickened to the word, and bam! understanding that I didn't have before on a certain passage of scripture is made alive.

The thing of it is, He is The Living Word within each of us.
And all that is happening IMO, is He is just Revealing Himself.

Because no matter what scripture comes to mind, it reveals Him.

When He is your all, then all displays Him. I had planted a Garden one time, and everything that took place while I watered and tended to it, was all the word and helped me to come to understanding.

I don't think that it is ever forced, it just happens because of His Spirit within me. But to me, thinking and ingageing my mind is all a part of it. Like I said I love to think on the scriptures, and find that it is never a waste of it either.

It sure helps keep your mind on things above and not on things of this earth.

Blessings

Yes, yes , yes, that is exactly how I understand it

80 Re: Gen 1 & 2 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:53 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
Scherryl wrote:
Which always leaves me with anticipation and excitement. bounce

bounce bounce I double that, me too

81 Re: Gen 1 & 2 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:55 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Did you catch that?

That was so good, cheers see that's what I'm talking about right there.

I didn't even know that I said that until you just posted it again and I re-read it.

When He is your all, then all displays Him. Keeper!!!

Thank you Rick I probably wouldn't have caught that if you hadn't made it a quote in your post.

82 Re: Gen 1 & 2 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:59 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
Scherryl wrote:Did you catch that?

That was so good, cheers see that's what I'm talking about right there.

I didn't even know that I said that until you just posted it again and I re-read it.

When He is your all, then all displays Him. Keeper!!!

Thank you Rick I probably wouldn't have caught that if you hadn't made it a quote in your post.

No I didn't, but I did now and the dust is still settling from it hitting my glove

83 Re: Gen 1 & 2 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:06 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
Razz Razz Razz Laughing Laughing

You are to funny, I think Nathan has met his match when it comes to humor. clown

Ain't God good!!

84 Re: Gen 1 & 2 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:04 pm

cross-eyed

jugghead wrote:
cross-eyed wrote:Wow . . . how is it you can say in one sentence what takes me three pages! That was worded perfectly for me! Revelation from the Father is the "whole" Word in us, Scripture merely offers smaller pieces that, when the Spirit puts them together, matches up with the whole Word in us.

Yes we have the "whole" word in us, but revelation is the pieces of the whole and Scripture confirms the pieces when we study it.

Hmmm . . .

I think that brings us full circle back to our reasoning minds again though. Revelation doesn't come through studying the Word . . .to me it comes through relationship with the Father first and foremost. Revelation is more like lightning strikes. They are targeted truths with pinpoint accuracy. And because the revelation comes from the same source as Scripture, often times, the Spirit leads us to the Scripture for a second witness . . .yes??

85 Re: Gen 1 & 2 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:51 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
cross-eyed wrote:
jugghead wrote:

Hmmm . . .

I think that brings us full circle back to our reasoning minds again though. Revelation doesn't come through studying the Word . . .to me it comes through relationship with the Father first and foremost. Revelation is more like lightning strikes. They are targeted truths with pinpoint accuracy. And because the revelation comes from the same source as Scripture, often times, the Spirit leads us to the Scripture for a second witness . . .yes??

Yes, to the second witness and yes that revelation first starts with our relationship with the Father, but if it wasn't for understanding through Scripture the relationship He wants for us, which is also from Him in His drawing of us to Himself, we could not have even come to understand what relationship means by His standards.

When it comes to something like this, we always have to go back to the beginning; and the cause of everything that He is doing in us, we know it is always Him no matter what, it is through His Spirit of logic and reasoning abilities (persuasion, which is the original meaning of faith)that He draws us to Himself, it is His persuasiveness.

That is how it all started in us, first the drawing of us, then all things work together, logic, reason, faith, understanding all coming through revelation through His Spirit, not one being more important than another, but it always comes from Him.

It is a fine line between distinguishing between our logic and His, our reasoning and His and so on, but we know when it is of Him and that is because it is something we were blind to in the past and THAT is revelation.

If God reveals a result to my mind (a revelation) it was because of Him putting His desire for us to come to the knowledge of the truth, not ours, this is where faith comes in, it starts with faith, faith in Him, persuasiveness in Him because I do not see faith as a noun in us, I see it as a verb in God. Because is that not what is mostly missing from English translations, the verb action of the noun in the Hebrew.

In short, nothing is of us anymore, all logic, reasoning, understanding and so on is all His not ours and the foundation of revelation is: that it is all from Him, we are just the recipient of it.

I hope that makes sense.

86 Re: Gen 1 & 2 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:59 pm

J.U.G.G.H.E.A.D.

Admin
cross-eyed wrote:

One more question, how many revelations have you had?

Since I know your answer is more than one, does not that mean pieces (plural) of the whole?

87 Re: Gen 1 & 2 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:55 pm

cross-eyed

but if it wasn't for understanding through Scripture the relationship He wants for us, which is also from Him in His drawing of us to Himself, we could not have even come to understand what relationship means by His standards

Does faith come in reading? Or "hearing"?

I liken this to the Pharisees a lot. They had ALL the pieces offered to man. They were the ones everyone would go to for learning the true understanding of Scripture. Yeah, they got inflated heads by it, yeah they became abusive with it, but of all the historians and biblical scholars, no one had better understanding of Scripture than the Pharrisees . . .but . . . in all their greatness, they didn't have a clue who Jesus really was. He was standing right in front of them, used their own Scriptures to affirm himself to them, and they still couldn't comprehend it.

Reading Scripture didn't do a thing for them, in fact, it hardened them from accepting truth.

Then there's those who can't read. Are we saying then that only those who know how to read can be saved? I know you're not, but people do tend to get a bit overboard with their claims of how important Scripture is.

And I do believe it is of the utmost importance . . .but my salvation isn't based on whether or not I read it.

It is a fine line between distinguishing between our logic and His, our reasoning and His and so on, but we know when it is of Him and that is because it is something we were blind to in the past and THAT is revelation.

I'm not so sure there either, really. Jesus states that in the kingdom, everything is the opposite, least is greatest, first is last. Doesn't sound like a fine line there so much. I guess for me, the proof of what distinguishes a revelation from a natural conclusion is the end result being that revelation induces life in the situation on one level or another.

If God reveals a result to my mind (a revelation) it was because of Him putting His desire for us to come to the knowledge of the truth, not ours, this is where faith comes in, it starts with faith, faith in Him, persuasiveness in Him because I do not see faith as a noun in us, I see it as a verb in God. Because is that not what is mostly missing from English translations, the verb action of the noun in the Hebrew.

This connects with me very much. He does indeed even give us the "desire" to pursue him. Both to "will" and to "do" his good pleasure. In a sense, "we ARE" the evidnece of God's faith.

88 Gen 1&2 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Hibbs

I thought I should add something that another has contributed to me. I was stuck on the question of how could a 6th day "Adam" be the Christ with dominion and the 7th day "Adam" be the dirt seed without dominion?

As we all realize, the chapter breaks were added after and not really come from the original manuscripts. If we change the chapter break to the end of Gen 2: 3, it gives an entirely different perspective. Indeed now we can see the "blueprint" that Scherryl spoke about made plain in Gen 1 (through its conclusion at 2:3) and it is a prophetic picture of the end from the beginning. When "Adam" was "formed" of the dust of the earth, it could be regarded as an 8th day or new beginning. Alternatively, we could go back and consider it the first of the 1,000 year days that Peter spoke about. What it all demonstrates is that we are in the 7th day of completion when the Lord said it was "very good" and it is not too much longer when we shall see the same.

89 Re: Gen 1 & 2 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:35 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
I'm so glad to see that The Lord is still showing you these things Mark.

And that is right on the mark, (no pun intended), about the break in the chapters. But, if you notice it really does say so even without knowing that in the original manuscripts there is no break.

Right here.....Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

These are the words that were lit up for me like a neon sign.

After vs.5 , NOW,.. The Blueprint.....Ch.1 Begins.....To make Manifest,....What was only in "SEED FORM"

Luk 8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

This understanding will give you a whole new insight into the parables in the Gospels now. Just take a look at this for an example.

Mat 19:3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
Mat 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
Mat 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

Who is our Father? Who is our Mother?
Is not God The Father of us all? and Is not Jerusalem Mother of us all? This is why He is not ashamed to call us His Brethren. We were always meant to be a walking manifestation of our Parents, from the Beginning. But another subject for another time.

Mat 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
Mat 19:7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
Mat 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.GEN.1:26--

Every time now that the phrase "in the beginning" occurs, you will go back to Gen.1.

Blessings

90 Gen 1&2 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:07 pm

Hibbs

We also have the paradox of first and last in 1 Cor 15:

1Co 15:35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?
1Co 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
1Co 15:37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
1Co 15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.
1Co 15:39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
1Co 15:40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
1Co 15:41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
1Co 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
1Co 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

I was wondering if Paul saw what has been revealed here... Like so many things with the Lord, He hides His mysteries in plain view. When we see the seed of Abraham in Gen 1 (an incorruptible seed) and compare that with the corruptible seed of Gen 2, it becomes more and more clear how so many of these things fit. As children of dirt "Adam" we were sown in corruption in a garden with a worm. Our lives become the dung that fertilizes the seed that was the plan from the beginning.

91 Re: Gen 1 & 2 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:01 pm

A.R.T.I.C

Admin
You sure have a way with words Mark, that was beautifully put.
And yes, there is no doubt in my mind that Paul knew this as well, and John most definitely.

In The beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God.....etc.

His epistles have the same tone, and he uses that phrase a lot.

1Jn 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
1Jn 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

Blessings

92 Re: Gen 1 & 2 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:00 am

Hibbs wrote:Crazy thought...why not a dung beetle? Don't we all begin as unclean birds? The way up still is down...so look up, you're doin' sunny fine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21150721

Interesting news on dung beetles for my fellow heavens-gazers. :-)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum